PDA

View Full Version : Towson vs. Delaware

andy7171
May 4th, 2007, 08:47 AM
CAA Lacrosse Championship game at Towson this Saturday night!
Towson crushed Hofstra 11-5 and Delaware had a big upset win over Drexel 11-7. Towson beat Delaware earlier this year by only one, 10-9.

Winner goes to the NCAA playoffs. Should be a good one.

Ivytalk
May 4th, 2007, 08:53 AM
I hope to go to the championship round again this year. What about you, ng?xconfusedx xnodx

blukeys
May 4th, 2007, 09:00 AM
CAA Lacrosse is very competitive.

It's a shame that Lacrosse doesn't have more nationwide exposure. For those of us who like games of speed, skill, and physical contact it is a winner. it is a great combination of football, and Ice hockey (without the skates of course).

andy7171
May 4th, 2007, 09:08 AM
I hope to go to the championship round again this year. What about you, ng?xconfusedx xnodx
Are you talking about the NCAAs?
Check it out (http://lax4baltimore.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2750&KEY=&ATCLID=748145&SPID=5906&SPSID=55061)
I can't believe there are alomst 39,000 tickets already sold! xeekx That's alomost 60% of M&T Banks Stadium!

89Hen
May 4th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Winner goes to the NCAA playoffs. Should be a good one.
Towson should go either way, the Hens need to win to make the field. You guys should lay down so we get two CAA teams in. :p I assume you're going Andy? I would, but I've got hockey, First Communion and softball tomorrow. I'll have to check to see if it's on MASN or Comcast... they've been showing a lot of lax this spring. xthumbsupx

GannonFan
May 4th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Delaware killed itself in the game earlier this year against Towson with a crucial illegal stick penalty - a 6-5 game after a UD score ended up being 9-4 after the penalty was served. UD got it close late but couldn't overcome that change in fortune. Hopefully UD can keep the sticks legal this time around. xrolleyesx

Ivytalk
May 4th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Are you talking about the NCAAs?
Check it out (http://lax4baltimore.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2750&KEY=&ATCLID=748145&SPID=5906&SPSID=55061)
I can't believe there are alomst 39,000 tickets already sold! xeekx That's alomost 60% of M&T Banks Stadium!

I was indeed, andy! Sounds like I'd better get my azz in gear if I want to get a seat! I went to the NCAAs in Philly the last two years, and they drew well over 50,000 for each of the last two rounds.

andy7171
May 4th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Towson should go either way, the Hens need to win to make the field. You guys should lay down so we get two CAA teams in. :p I assume you're going Andy? I would, but I've got hockey, First Communnion and softball tomorrow. I'll have to check to see if it's on MASN or Comcast... they've been showing a lot of lax this spring. xthumbsupx
I wouldn't be so sure. The only reason they would get in with a loss is being part of the Lacrosse "Old Guard" xlolx xlolx xlolx

The lacrosse game? Nope, I have a lax game in the morning followed by a church kids carival, followed by, hopefully, the majority of the Black and Gold game. I'm going out for dinner, and the game is at night, so no Towson lax for me.

ABC 2 shows games every Saturday afternoon. I'm pretty sure they are going to air the JHU-Loyola game though. Not sure they'd want to go with a day night double header. I mean its popular, but lets not get outta hand. xsmiley_wix

andy7171
May 4th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I was indeed, andy! Sounds like I'd better get my azz in gear if I want to get a seat! I went to the NCAAs in Philly the last two years, and they drew well over 50,000 for each of the last two rounds.
I saw an ad in the local weekly paper yesterday. The club level is sold out. I think the lower level package is $65-75 and the upper level is $45-55, for the three day weekend.

bluehenbillk
May 4th, 2007, 10:27 AM
It'd be nice to get some revenge on Towson Saturday night. Thsi was UD's most highly touted teams in year, it would be a big disappointment if they didn't make the NCAA's which they won't if they lose to Towson.

YoUDeeMan
May 4th, 2007, 11:38 AM
... it is a great combination of football, and Ice hockey (without the skates of course).

And without the dropping of the gloves. xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

It always amazes me why men's lacrosse is not more popular. xconfusedx It is a great game. But, with Title XIXXXVICCXii (mental block on the actual number), we probably won't see it expand into more colleges any time soon. It will have to grow from the high school level - tough to do without national exposure.

Hard to believe the women's game has the same name. xeyebrowx

andy7171
May 4th, 2007, 11:42 AM
And without the dropping of the gloves. xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

It always amazes me why men's lacrosse is not more popular. xconfusedx It is a great game. But, with Title XIXXXVICCXii (mental block on the actual number), we probably won't see it expand into more colleges any time soon. It will have to grow from the high school level - tough to do without national exposure.

Hard to believe the women's game has the same name. xeyebrowx
Man I can attest to that. I played in high school and now have my daughter playing. When she is on defense, I really want to teach her how to smack the elbow or poke someone in the wrist. No checking, no contact. Weird. But better than softball to watch! xsmiley_wix