PDA

View Full Version : The Citadel at Georgia Tech Game Thread

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 14th, 2019, 01:26 PM
Might as well have a thread for this.

14-6 El Cid and it could be worse for Tech. The Citadel is not having a lot of trouble with Tech's makeshift offense that includes a lot of read option.

ElCid
September 14th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Dude you jinked us by starting a thread! Lol.

SUPharmacist
September 14th, 2019, 01:41 PM
Dude you jinked us by starting a thread! Lol.

I hope not.

But yeah, he totally did.

Maybe this can be a reverse jinx.

ElCid
September 14th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Hippie. DOGS WIN!!!!!!!!!!

ElCid
September 14th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Crazy game at the end.

SUPharmacist
September 14th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Awesome

Schism55
September 14th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Way to go Bellhops! Congrats

Professor Chaos
Nice job Bulldogs! Top 25 material for sure now given how tough they've played in their first two games against quality teams.

CockyGeek
Excellent. Heads will roll

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

longtimemocfan
September 14th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Dude you jinked us by starting a thread! Lol.He might have just brought you luck lol.
Good win !!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

veinup
September 14th, 2019, 03:08 PM
go cits.

ElCid
September 14th, 2019, 03:12 PM
He might have just brought you luck lol.
Good win !!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He may have!

FUGameBreaker
September 14th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Big Congrats!!!!!!!!

ElCid
September 14th, 2019, 03:20 PM
Nice job Bulldogs! Top 25 material for sure now given how tough they've played in their first two games against quality teams.

Yeah, but I always have an issue voting for teams with a losing record....including mine. We win next week, then yeah.

Drblankstare
September 14th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Nice job Dogs! Quick question did GT stop running the TO? Thought I heard that somewhere

ElCid
September 14th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Nice job Dogs! Quick question did GT stop running the TO? Thought I heard that somewhere

Yes...and they apparently forgot how to defend it as well.

CitadelGrad
September 14th, 2019, 03:27 PM

Yeah, the TO left with Paul Johnson. I'm not sure what they're running now. It's kind of a RPO, I guess. Really, it doesn't look like a "system" at all.

GoBlueHens83
September 14th, 2019, 04:06 PM
Congrats Bulldogs! Great win.

AmsterBison
September 15th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Bumping this because, dang it, this going to the second page is like putting Baby in a corner. AND NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2019, 09:40 AM
First South Carolina and now Georgia Tech. The Citadel is collecting some big time scalps.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 15th, 2019, 09:44 AM
Former Temple coach Geoff Collins has work cutout for him at Georgia Tech. He inherits a roster that has personnel on offense not designed for what he's trying to do. Defensively, the Yellow Jackets had fallen off quite a bit in Johnson's last few seasons. While this is a great win for The Citadel, Georgia Tech is "bottoming out" this year.

This is the second straight year Collins has lost to a FCS team. Temple lost last year's season opener to Villanova. We ended up 8-5 while the Wildcats finished 5-7.

Bill
September 15th, 2019, 10:53 AM
This is a game and week where I wish Citdog wasn't banished!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 15th, 2019, 10:54 AM

https://media.tenor.com/images/759057be06231e33bcd8b32b1b41ce11/tenor.gif

Laker
September 15th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Congrats to the Bulldogs and to Citdog, where ever you are!

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2019, 11:57 AM
Nice job to the The Citadel for knocking off Ga Tech

MR. CHICKEN
September 15th, 2019, 12:44 PM

....ONE FO' YOU DOGGIE........BRAWK!

ElCid
September 15th, 2019, 08:51 PM
I just watched it again, since I recorded it. It is even better the second time around. I am not so critical of the play calls or missed tackles as I was while watching it live. We had some good hard nose running against them. I am not sure if they got a whole new Defensive staff, but they made some bad calls defending us at times. It was like they hadn't seen the option before. If our special teams was on the ball, it probably would have never gotten to OT. We gave them good field position all day.

Time to come down out the clouds. Hope they don't get caught off guard next week.

SU DOG
September 15th, 2019, 09:27 PM
First South Carolina and now Georgia Tech. The Citadel is collecting some big time scalps.

I wonder if anybody else on here is old enough to say that they saw The Citadel beat the Arkansas Razorbacks? Well I sure remember the game. Jack Crowe, of later JSU fame, was immediately(or at least within 1-2 days) fired by Frank Broyles after the game.

ElCid
September 15th, 2019, 09:34 PM
I wonder if anybody else on here is old enough to say that they saw The Citadel beat the Arkansas Razorbacks? Well I sure remember the game. Jack Crowe, of later JSU fame, was immediately(or at least within 1-2 days) fired by Frank Broyles after the game.

I easily remember it, very distinctly back in 92. It was a very bad time in my life and it was a ray of sunshine. My wife was in the ICU very bad sick. I saw it come across the TV screen and had to wait for it to reappear to make sure I wasn't dreaming. She thought she was on some powerful drugs when I told her.xlolx She was, but it was true all the same! I think I got a smile out of her.

NY Crusader 2010
September 15th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Is CitDog really banished?

Wish him well.

jsualumnus
September 15th, 2019, 09:41 PM
Hell, I’m wondering if anyone on here is old enough to remember the last Chattownmocs compliment? He gave one to JSU last week, so now I feel welcomed to maybe buy him a beer sometime!

cidgrad89
September 15th, 2019, 11:09 PM

The Citadel is like the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

ysubigred
September 16th, 2019, 08:34 AM
Maybe the Citadel needs to go after Clemson xthumbsupx Great job torching the Rambling Wreck!

Silenoz
September 16th, 2019, 11:26 AM
As someone who is married to a Georgia Tech alum, whose friends all poo-poo our "little kid" JV football... thank you xthumbsupx

CitadelGrad
September 16th, 2019, 02:11 PM

I remember it. IIRC, Broyles fired him immediately after the game and before the post-game presser, where Broyles informed the press that Crowe was gone.

Daytripper
September 16th, 2019, 02:26 PM

xcoffeex

dbackjon
September 16th, 2019, 02:56 PM
Congrats Bellhops!!

dbackjon
September 16th, 2019, 02:58 PM

All he has to do is stop hogging the covers and Ursus will let him back on.

ElCid
September 17th, 2019, 08:52 PM
This is too funny for words. Dabo poking fun at SEC using The Citadel as ammo. Great visibility though.

Sometimes, what he says is meant to poke college football's superpower and he rarely holds back. Swinney provided a creative barb on Tuesday when asked about Georgia Tech's loss to The Citadel over the weekend.

"That’s college football," Swinney said. "I mean heck, The Citadel was probably Alabama’s toughest game last year until Georgia. I mean I’m just telling the truth. The Citadel beat South Carolina somewhere here in the not-too-long-ago (past). That’s not a shocker. Georgia State went over and beat Tennessee. I mean that’s college football. Anything can happen, especially early, especially early in the season. Because nobody knows anything about anybody at this point.......

https://247sports.com/Article/Dabo-Swinney-Clemson-Tigers-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Nick-Saban-Citadel-135738928/