PDA

View Full Version : This will be only NDSU's 4th OOC road FCS game in the past 9 seasons

Pages : 1 [2]

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2019, 04:32 PM
Well yeah... I think that's the messiah's point, if I've translated the sanskrit tablet correctly... the Bison are scheduling home games to give the rest of FCS a chance!!!

I'm still waiting for Furple to put the Bisssson on ICE. :D

https://youtu.be/W3hbUzV8xCM

MSUBobcat
September 13th, 2019, 04:45 PM

That is HOT HOT HOT!!!

JSUSoutherner
September 13th, 2019, 04:49 PM
That is HOT HOT HOT!!!

Ehh, not enough paint.

FUGameBreaker
September 13th, 2019, 05:45 PM
but the neutral site required a "road trip" and is not played with all the comforts of home ... correct on both points or no ?

kidding aside, i think the original debate was about how NDSU schedules their OOC games, and then all the comparisons to other programs came into debate .. my personal favorite being Delaware, the team they play this week. But nothing about scheduling playoff game's is within the control of the home team, so playoffs should not be part of this discussion.

Oh ... wait a second ... except that NDSU keeps winning all those frickin games to earn top 21 or seeds and all those home playoff games too ! Those bastards are guilty !!! So I take everything back .. the Bison are pussies who ARE obviously afraid to play on road.

Case closed ... my work here is done.

All your undermining aside, it does not change the fact that tomorrow will be a big time RARITY, and apperently last year's clash between the hens and bison in Fargo was as well lol xrotatehx

FUGameBreaker
September 13th, 2019, 05:47 PM

And were still working on getting another shot :D

Redbird 4th & short
September 13th, 2019, 05:56 PM
Your understanding of the divine teachings of the Oracle of Greenville is recognized and you are now a member of the Church of Sour Grapes. When you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.
dang it !!! I'm taking another nap.

Redbird 4th & short
September 13th, 2019, 06:09 PM
All your undermining aside, it does not change the fact that tomorrow will be a big time RARITY, and apperently last year's clash between the hens and bison in Fargo was as well lol xrotatehx
At the risk of losing my nomination to your church, yes .. that simple fact is largely true .. but it also makes complete sense for the reasons stated in my original post. In addition to drawing 18k per game every game and winning 7 of 8 Nattys, NDSU also has one of the lowest % of athletic dept funding from student fees in all of FCS at 31% ... meaning, they depend more on their own sources for revenue (gate, TV, apparel, etc) than any other FCS program. Would be nice if more programs were in that position, but they aren't. JMU on the other hand depends very heavily on student fees to fund their athletic dept budget at 80%. If NDSU were to travel more, there would be less money in their budget.

SCHOOL
Conf
TOTAL REVENUE
TOTAL EXPENSES
TOTAL ALLOCATED
% ALLOCATED
Not Allocated

James Madison (https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances)
CAA
$51,719,402
$51,719,402
$41,701,756
$10,017,646

North Dakota State (https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances)
MVFC
$28,144,888
$28,025,664
$8,880,503 (https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances)
$19,145,161

FUGameBreaker
September 13th, 2019, 08:50 PM
At the risk of losing my nomination to your church, yes .. that simple fact is largely true .. but it also makes complete sense for the reasons stated in my original post. In addition to drawing 18k per game every game and winning 7 of 8 Nattys, NDSU also has one of the lowest % of athletic dept funding from student fees in all of FCS at 31% ... meaning, they depend more on their own sources for revenue (gate, TV, apparel, etc) than any other FCS program. Would be nice if more programs were in that position, but they aren't. JMU on the other hand depends very heavily on student fees to fund their athletic dept budget at 80%. If NDSU were to travel more, there would be less money in their budget.

SCHOOL
Conf
TOTAL REVENUE
TOTAL EXPENSES
TOTAL ALLOCATED
% ALLOCATED
Not Allocated

James Madison (https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances)
CAA
$51,719,402
$51,719,402
$41,701,756
$10,017,646

North Dakota State (https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances)
MVFC
$28,144,888
$28,025,664
$8,880,503 (https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances)
$19,145,161

Correct, I've never denied that truth
They are run where you would expect them to be at this point, as a program that completely outgrew FCS several years ago

NDSUKurt
September 13th, 2019, 09:11 PM
They are run where you would expect them to be at this point, as a program that completely outgrew FCS several years ago

Would you please just say it: you are mad that NDSU has "outgrown " the rest of the fcs and is too powerful and needs to move on so everyone else can have a fair chance again.

Please get over the fact that NDSU hasn't gone on the road often. When a team/university figures out its winning formula, they stick with it as long as they can. This includes out of conference scheduling. What disappoints me us that outside of the Missouri Valley, it seems like the rest of the FCS either doesn't care to make themselves better, or simply cannot do it consistently. This means lackluster interest from fans, which means empty (or partially filled) stadiums, which means more guarantee games and/or higher student fees to pay their bills.

If NDSU were to become a 6-5 or worse team for 10 years straight or so, fans would lose interest and stop attending games, which would mean less revenue, which would mean the need would be for only 5 home games, which would mean more road games.

Bottom line is this: WIN and you can do what you want! In sports fans support winners, not losers!

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2019, 09:51 PM
.....259 POSTS.........AN' IT WAS ALL SAID.....IN POST #7.........BRAWK!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2019, 10:04 PM
.....259 POSTS.........AN' IT WAS ALL SAID.....IN POST #7.........BRAWK!

Decoder ring?

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2019, 10:11 PM
.......YOUSE AIR BAGS.......JES' LIKE....TA GO ON.....AN'....ON......AN' ON..........AN' ON..........AN'............AWK!

FUGameBreaker
September 13th, 2019, 10:43 PM
Would you please just say it: you are mad that NDSU has "outgrown " the rest of the fcs and is too powerful and needs to move on so everyone else can have a fair chance again.

Please get over the fact that NDSU hasn't gone on the road often. When a team/university figures out its winning formula, they stick with it as long as they can. This includes out of conference scheduling. What disappoints me us that outside of the Missouri Valley, it seems like the rest of the FCS either doesn't care to make themselves better, or simply cannot do it consistently. This means lackluster interest from fans, which means empty (or partially filled) stadiums, which means more guarantee games and/or higher student fees to pay their bills.

If NDSU were to become a 6-5 or worse team for 10 years straight or so, fans would lose interest and stop attending games, which would mean less revenue, which would mean the need would be for only 5 home games, which would mean more road games.

Bottom line is this: WIN and you can do what you want! In sports fans support winners, not losers!

xrotatehxxrotatehx And yet nothing changes about 4 Road FCS OOC games in 10 years, its just a simple fact, don't allow it to get you all worked up

We did learn something in all this, and that is Delaware has only played 2, so we at least got that out of it xlolx

As a side note, I know you struggle to schedule FBS games, but the solution to that is to move up to FBS

caribbeanhen
September 14th, 2019, 06:11 AM
Bison # 31 in FBS, Navy was the last FBS team to play at Delaware and they got beat

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2019, 07:30 AM
Bison # 31 in FBS, Navy was the last FBS team to play at Delaware and they got beat

Death, taxes and NDSU losing to UD today....got it.

- - - Updated - - -

xrotatehxxrotatehx And yet nothing changes about 4 Road FCS OOC games in 10 years, its just a simple fact, don't allow it to get you all worked up

We did learn something in all this, and that is Delaware has only played 2, so we at least got that out of it xlolx

As a side note, I know you struggle to schedule FBS games, but the solution to that is to move up to FBS

As mentioned numerous times to you, which conference is going to invite NDSU to join?

Make the call.

FUGameBreaker
September 14th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Good luck to both teams today in the OOC FCS road game challenge CHAMPIONSHIP in Newark!

I will be watching xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2019, 08:56 AM
Death, taxes and NDSU losing to UD today....got it.

- - - Updated - - -

As mentioned numerous times to you, which conference is going to invite NDSU to join?

Make the call.
have we gotten the patented Pod's "Book It" curse yet?

Redbird 4th & short
September 14th, 2019, 09:13 AM
Ehh, not enough paint.
nicely played !!

p.s. I heard there is national shortage of paint right now because there was a recent run on paint stores by college football programs all over country to stock up for next years hype videos.

Redbird 4th & short
September 14th, 2019, 09:29 AM
You think NDSU with a 28m budget have outgrown FCS .... how so ?

mvfcfan
September 14th, 2019, 09:43 AM

If Doug Elgin had a clue he would have invited NDSU and SDSU back when Creighton was still in the conference. However he doesn't and he is too busy pandering to every private school in the Missouri Valley. The St Louis office loves your football, but thinks they are too good for you in basketball.

BisonFan02
September 14th, 2019, 10:08 AM
If Doug Elgin had a clue he would have invited NDSU and SDSU back when Creighton was still in the conference. However he doesn't and he is too busy pandering to every private school in the Missouri Valley. The St Louis office loves your football, but thinks they are too good for you in basketball.

NDSU doesnt belong in the MVC

clenz
September 14th, 2019, 11:51 AM
If Doug Elgin had a clue he would have invited NDSU and SDSU back when Creighton was still in the conference. However he doesn't and he is too busy pandering to every private school in the Missouri Valley. The St Louis office loves your football, but thinks they are too good for you in basketball.Not a good take

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
September 14th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Not a good take

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Nope.....all 4 Dakota schools in the Summit....playing in Sioux Falls...and a real shot at March Madness. Any conference move (for NDSU anyway) would be FBS....but that isn't happening.

clenz
September 20th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Hey Fudouche

Idaho State’s football game Saturday at Northern Iowa will be a historic occasion — the first time the Bengals play a nonconference matchup against an FCS team since 2008, when they hosted North Dakota, then in the Great West Conference.

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/sports/isu/strategic-scheduling-idaho-state-football-embraces-new-approach-under-pauline/article_1365f0cb-db19-5edd-ad56-6826dbb6c0e3.html

Just an FBS budget trapped in the FCS...teams not willing to travel ruin the division...right?

I think i figured out why they don't travel though. I came across an article from someone out there complaining how hard it is to get to Cedar Falls.

They are flying commercial from Salt Lake City to Des Moines. They are flying ****ing commercial. If they were chartering a flight they would flight right into Waterloo - 20 minutes from the Dome - like everyone else does.

In stead they are bussing 2.5-3 hours to Salt Lake City, flying to Des Moines and then bussing 2.5 hours to Cedar Falls.

FUGameBreaker
September 20th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Hey Fudouche

Just an FBS budget trapped in the FCS...teams not willing to travel ruin the division...right?

I think i figured out why they don't travel though. I came across an article from someone out there complaining how hard it is to get to Cedar Falls.

They are flying commercial from Salt Lake City to Des Moines. They are flying ****ing commercial. If they were chartering a flight they would flight right into Waterloo - 20 minutes from the Dome - like everyone else does.

In stead they are bussing 2.5-3 hours to Salt Lake City, flying to Des Moines and then bussing 2.5 hours to Cedar Falls.

You can't be this dumb are you?

Did you notice the fact that they have played 2 FBS road games per year for the last 12 or so years, why are you comparing that to NDSU who has hardly played any FBS teams for the past decade lol, its a completely bogus comparison

Access to their past schedules, here you go:
https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/304/season/2019

clenz
September 20th, 2019, 01:17 PM

Did you notice the fact that they have played 2 FBS road games per year for the last 12 or so years, why are you comparing that to NDSU who has hardly played any FBS teams for the past decade lol, its a completely bogus comparison

NDSU would play FBS teams if they'd schedule them.

FBS games do nothing for the subdivision.

Also the title of the ****ing thread is

This will be only NDSU's 4th OOC road FCS game in the past 9 seasons

So...uh...you're the one that title the thread **** nuts. UD has played many FBS ooc games as well.

So....uh...

Try again

JSUSoutherner
September 20th, 2019, 01:23 PM

So...uh...you're the one that title the thread **** nuts. UD has played many FBS ooc games as well.

So....uh...

Try again https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190920/5640f6ab519bf527ec4c38d3f8c16715.gif

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Preferred Walk-On
September 20th, 2019, 01:24 PM

FIFY: "Why are you comparing that to NDSU who has hardly played any FBS teams for the past three years.

The Bison have actually played an FBS game each year from 2006-2014, then one in 2016 (all on the road, obviously). I know this is not 2 FBS road games per year for the past 12 or so years, but this is still pretty good.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2449/season/2019

FUGameBreaker
September 20th, 2019, 01:25 PM

So....uh...

Try again

How about you try again as your lousy point has already been squashed to bits

clenz
September 20th, 2019, 01:27 PM
I'd bet you are the ultimate definition of beta cuck IRL, aren't you?

FUGameBreaker
September 20th, 2019, 01:27 PM
FIFY: "Why are you comparing that to NDSU who has hardly played any FBS teams for the past three years.

The Bison have actually played an FBS game each year from 2006-2014, then one in 2016 (all on the road, obviously). I know this is not 2 FBS road games per year for the past 12 or so years, but this is still pretty good.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2449/season/2019

Yes, I am not hating them for what it is and I know its hard for them to schedule FBS games now, just saying to that dude you can't compare NDSU with Idaho St. as Idaho St. plays 2 road FBS games every year (24 total past 12 seasons) and 1 lower division home game every year for their OOC schedule

JSUSoutherner
September 20th, 2019, 01:30 PM
You mean you moved the goal posts?

FUGameBreaker
September 20th, 2019, 01:30 PM
I'd bet you are the ultimate definition of beta cuck IRL, aren't you?

xeyebrowx

Not going to bother to stoop down to your low level

Not my fault you dug up a dead topic because you thought you finally had a bright revelation and yet it turned out to be a lame duck lol

Professor
September 20th, 2019, 01:49 PM
Very entertaining thread

Lorne_Malvo
September 20th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Very entertaining thread

Opinions vary.

semobison
September 20th, 2019, 04:23 PM
FUGB is the most annoying person on this form since ______. Fill in the blank.

FUGameBreaker
September 20th, 2019, 04:28 PM

xhugx

POD Knows
September 20th, 2019, 04:56 PM
FUGB is the most annoying person on this form since ______. Fill in the blank.AlexAle, the only guy I have on ignore

BisonFan02
September 20th, 2019, 04:57 PM
I miss TheFan. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
September 20th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Me

UpstateBison
September 20th, 2019, 06:14 PM
AlexAle, the only guy I have on ignore

Who was the Princeton guy last year?

The POD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bonarae
September 20th, 2019, 06:19 PM

The POD?

He was World. He got banned already.

cx500d
September 20th, 2019, 06:51 PM

The POD?

I think “the pod” was a Sam Houston person

Hammersmith
September 20th, 2019, 08:46 PM
Don't know about the worst, but this is the best guy around:

https://ucasports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_prefix=small&image_path=/images/2014/2/27/teague2014web.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 20th, 2019, 08:47 PM

Not even close. I am!

BisonBacker
September 20th, 2019, 08:55 PM
I miss TheFan. xlolx
He is a legend and so short lived lol. He was classic xbowx

TheKingpin28
September 21st, 2019, 06:43 AM
FUGB is the most annoying person on this form since ______. Fill in the blank.AlexAle is a solid choice.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

FUGameBreaker
September 21st, 2019, 08:57 AM
Good luck against UC Davis today xbowxxbowx