PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions Week 3

wapiti
September 11th, 2019, 04:42 PM
MSU 24 @ 21 Western Illinois ---Before the season started I had Western Ill. for this game, but now that 2 weeks have played this game is a toss up, but favors MSU.

EWU 35 @ 28 Jacksonville State ---JSU had a bad game and a good game. Which JSU team will show up? EWU is a good team, but may be suspect on defense.

CP 17 @ 28 Oregon State --- OSU is a weak P5 team, so CP has a chance and I will be rooting for CP, but CP is an underdog in this one.

ISU 10 @ 52 Utah ---Utah is a ranked P5 team ISU will be beat on in this one and collect a check.

UI 6 @ 45 Wyoming ---Wyoming is not a powerhouse FBS team, but they are off to a 2-0 start and Idaho is at the bottom the the Big Sky

Weber 27 @ 28 Nevada --- The BBQ may have a chance in this one.

Western New Mexico 10 @ 48 NAU ---Cupcake time for NAU.

Stephen F Austin 17 @ 28 SUU --- Both SFA and SUU are off to a bad start. SUU being at home should win this one.

NC 13 @ 32 Sac ---Is this a conference game or a OOC game against a conference mate? Sac is at home and played Oregon state fairly well last week.

Lehigh 16 @ 32 UC Davis --- UC Davis is a big favorite in this one. But I thought that about UCD last week and they barely won.

PSU 10 @ 48 Boise State --- PSU is collecting a paycheck.

UM 7 @ 58 Oregon ---This too should be a blow out. Oregon needs to make statement games after the loss to Auburn.

bonarae
September 11th, 2019, 05:33 PM
Montana State
EWU
Oregon State
Utah Utes
Wyoming
Nevada Reno
NAU
SUU (toss up)
Sacramento State
UC Davis
Boise State
Oregon

veinup
September 11th, 2019, 06:04 PM
i'll take

Western Illinois
EWU
Oregon State
Utah
Wyoming
Nevada
NAU
SUU
SAC
Davis
BSU
Oregon

only two interesting games for me this week.. hope everyone emerges healthy from their FBS experiences. xlolx

JALMOND
September 11th, 2019, 08:18 PM
I've had a pair of 11-1 weeks so far. The conference is still in the midst of the non-conference slate. Here is my attempt this week at perfection.

CP at Oregon State (FBS Pac-12)---The Mustangs have looked fine so far this season and now head out to play a Pac-12 patsy. They may have a shot at getting this game if they play near perfect and Oregon State helps them out...Oregon State 31, CP 27.

EWU at Jacksonville State (Ohio Valley)---The Eagles defense has struggled at times. Washington was forgivable but last week? The offense may need to score enough points to cover the defense and they may not get enough this game...Jacksonville State 38, EWU 31.

UI at Wyoming (FBS Mtn West)---Two surprising teams in their respectable levels, but for the wrong reasons. Vandals struggled to put a DII team away last week. Maybe they were still feeling the effects of Penn State. Or maybe not...Wyoming 48, UI 7.

ISU at Utah (FBS Pac-12)---The Bengals are coming off a game that they did what they were supposed to do. They are not supposed to be competitive in this game against a top tier FBS team, but they can make it interesting...Utah 42. ISU 14.

UM at Oregon (FBS Pac-12)---Hard to believe these two played in the same conference a long time ago. If Oregon tries to sleepwalk through this, the Grizzlies can make them pay. But Oregon got their wakeup call last week...Oregon 49, UM 14.

MSU at Western Illinois (Mo Valley)---Have the Bobcats solved their quarterback issues from the beginning of the season? If they have, going on the road into Missouri Valley country should be nothing to be worried about...MSU 33, Western Illinois 28.

Western New Mexico (DII) at NAU---The Lumberjacks may love shootouts for awhile, at least until the defense gets it feet under them. Giving up 51 points in a half is certainly not good, but the offense seems to be...NAU 52, Western New Mexico 35.

UNC at SAC---Another non-conference game involving two conference teams. The Hornets defense kept a Pac-12 team pretty much under wraps. The offense had a field day the week before. The Bears looked impressive against San Jose State, but not too well against Washington State...SAC 28, UNC 14.

PSU at Boise State (FBS Mtn West)---The Vikings stayed within striking distance of their last FBS opponent and have a history of playing Boise State tough, even on the blue field. They still seem to find ways to lose the game, like they should...Boise State 31, PSU 10.

Stephen F Austin (Southland) at SUU---The Thunderbirds still are trying to get on track, but it hasn't been working. Hopefully bringing in a lower Southland foe will result in better opportunities. Or better chances to find ways to lose...Stephen F Austin 21, SUU 14.

Lehigh (Patriot) at UCD---After holding their own against a resurgent Cal team and looking somewhat lost against a Pioneer League squad, the Aggies bring in a team from the east for their home opener. Maybe an easier time for things...UCD 38, Lehigh 14.

WSU at Nevada (FBS Mtn West)---Just two weeks ago, the Wildcats held a Mountain West team to 6 points. Their defense seems strong but can they do it again and get the offense back on track, like they did last week?...Nevada 21, WSU 16.

mvemjsunpx
September 11th, 2019, 11:56 PM
EWU 38-42 Jax State — The Gamecocks rebounded a bit last week

Portland St. 10-48 Boise — No more close games for the Viks until they go to Pocatello…

Cal Poly 27-49 Oregano St. — Jermar Jefferson could have a field day in this one

Lehigh 10-41 Davis — The Patriot League is bad, folks

NoCo 17-35 Sac State (NC) — We don't know if Sac is good yet, but we have a pretty good idea about UNC

Idaho 3-38 Wyoming — This is actually Idaho's first game against Wyoming as a I-AA/FCS team

Idaho St. 13-56 Utah — Where would the Idaho State athletic department be without paycheck games?

SFA 28-38 Suutah — The T-Birds got handled by UNI, while the Lumberjacks are coming off a DII loss xeyebrowx

Weber 10-27 Nevada — Nevada could be demoralized, I guess, but they did beat a Big Ten team in week 1

wnmu 10-60 NAU — The 'Jacks have a history of hammering DIIs… will that continue under the new coach?

Montana 17-61 Oregano — I'm too lazy to think up an original score

Montana St. 27-20 Willynois — I picked WIU to win this in the preseason, but they haven't looked good thus far

Sam Houston 28-30 NoDak — Ketteringham is still out, but NoDak's home-field advantage is sizable

slostang
September 12th, 2019, 12:30 AM
Cal Poly 27-49 Oregano St. — Jermar Jefferson could have a field day in this one

So could Jalen Hamler. Don’t know that name? You will soon.

SUPharmacist
September 13th, 2019, 08:22 AM
Montana State
EWU
Oregon State
Utah
Wyoming
Nevada
NAU
SFA
Sacramento State
UC Davis
Boise State
Oregon

100%GRIZ
September 13th, 2019, 10:50 AM
WIU
EWU
Oregon St.
Utah
WY
Weber
NAU
SUU
Sac State
UC Davis
Boise
Oregon

Iridebikes
September 13th, 2019, 02:58 PM
Montana State will beat W. Illinois.
EWU over Jacksonville State: this is a homer call for me. EWU has not played well and I'm concerned. JSU has good passing QB and lots of heat and humidity.
Oregon State will be Cal Poly but Cal Poly with have its moments.
Utah over ISU. Utah should win big they have not been convincing to me yet.
Wyoming over Idaho. Will Idaho be competitive?
Nevada over Weber. Could be a good game. Home field advantage is difference.
NAU.
SUU of SFA. This will be a good win for the T-Birds.
Sac St. wins
UC Davis over Lehigh. I don't think this will even be close.
Boise St wins
Oregon will beat up Montana.

JALMOND
September 15th, 2019, 01:29 AM
I've had a pair of 11-1 weeks so far. The conference is still in the midst of the non-conference slate. Here is my attempt this week at perfection.

CP at Oregon State (FBS Pac-12)---The Mustangs have looked fine so far this season and now head out to play a Pac-12 patsy. They may have a shot at getting this game if they play near perfect and Oregon State helps them out...Oregon State 31, CP 27.

EWU at Jacksonville State (Ohio Valley)---The Eagles defense has struggled at times. Washington was forgivable but last week? The offense may need to score enough points to cover the defense and they may not get enough this game...Jacksonville State 38, EWU 31.

UI at Wyoming (FBS Mtn West)---Two surprising teams in their respectable levels, but for the wrong reasons. Vandals struggled to put a DII team away last week. Maybe they were still feeling the effects of Penn State. Or maybe not...Wyoming 48, UI 7.

ISU at Utah (FBS Pac-12)---The Bengals are coming off a game that they did what they were supposed to do. They are not supposed to be competitive in this game against a top tier FBS team, but they can make it interesting...Utah 42. ISU 14.

UM at Oregon (FBS Pac-12)---Hard to believe these two played in the same conference a long time ago. If Oregon tries to sleepwalk through this, the Grizzlies can make them pay. But Oregon got their wakeup call last week...Oregon 49, UM 14.

MSU at Western Illinois (Mo Valley)---Have the Bobcats solved their quarterback issues from the beginning of the season? If they have, going on the road into Missouri Valley country should be nothing to be worried about...MSU 33, Western Illinois 28.

Western New Mexico (DII) at NAU---The Lumberjacks may love shootouts for awhile, at least until the defense gets it feet under them. Giving up 51 points in a half is certainly not good, but the offense seems to be...NAU 52, Western New Mexico 35.

UNC at SAC---Another non-conference game involving two conference teams. The Hornets defense kept a Pac-12 team pretty much under wraps. The offense had a field day the week before. The Bears looked impressive against San Jose State, but not too well against Washington State...SAC 28, UNC 14.

PSU at Boise State (FBS Mtn West)---The Vikings stayed within striking distance of their last FBS opponent and have a history of playing Boise State tough, even on the blue field. They still seem to find ways to lose the game, like they should...Boise State 31, PSU 10.

Stephen F Austin (Southland) at SUU---The Thunderbirds still are trying to get on track, but it hasn't been working. Hopefully bringing in a lower Southland foe will result in better opportunities. Or better chances to find ways to lose...Stephen F Austin 21, SUU 14.

Lehigh (Patriot) at UCD---After holding their own against a resurgent Cal team and looking somewhat lost against a Pioneer League squad, the Aggies bring in a team from the east for their home opener. Maybe an easier time for things...UCD 38, Lehigh 14.

WSU at Nevada (FBS Mtn West)---Just two weeks ago, the Wildcats held a Mountain West team to 6 points. Their defense seems strong but can they do it again and get the offense back on track, like they did last week?...Nevada 21, WSU 16.

Another 11-1 week, puts me at 33-3. I was close to perfection as I picked the wrong one in the SFA/SUU overtime game.