PDA

View Full Version : MONMOUTH/ALBANY QUESTIONS

MUHAWKS
September 11th, 2019, 01:18 PM
I originally wrote this as a reply to a CAA week 3 picks- then realized nobody would see it.... here is what I am asking:

geez, does albany suck or something???? I am a Monmouth guy and although we are decent, we lost to Albany 2 years ago, we lost 3 O lineman and best player from last year, are without our other stud RB and frankly did not look great against Lafayette.. Meanwhile Alabny hung tough against FCS, smoked an ok Bryant team (as they should)- and CAA team against us???? How come so many Albany picks and also why so many predicting MU in a quasi blowout.??????

UAalum72
September 11th, 2019, 03:46 PM
3-13 in conference the last two years, a lot of last-minute losses, and complaints about coaching have put the team in "show me" territory, benefit of the doubt is used up. So far this year the O and D lines have both been good with the passing game, not so much on the running game. Still playing a zone coverage that gives up too many yards. At least the R-Fr QB looks promising, receivers are getting open but they've dropped a few.

caribbeanhen
September 11th, 2019, 04:22 PM
what happened to Dev Holmes #6..... he looked outstanding last year but has been quite so far

UAalum72
September 11th, 2019, 04:57 PM
what happened to Dev Holmes #6..... he looked outstanding last year but has been quite so far
He caught 4 passes at Central Michigan, one pass incomplete to him vs Bryant. The receiving corps is considered one of the team's strong points.

UAalum72
September 12th, 2019, 08:38 PM
And since you asked, the Schenectady Gazette has a story for you

https://dailygazette.com/article/2019/09/10/ualbany-football-s-holmes-staying-positive-through-slow-start

caribbeanhen
September 12th, 2019, 09:00 PM
And since you asked, the Schenectady Gazette has a story for you

https://dailygazette.com/article/2019/09/10/ualbany-football-s-holmes-staying-positive-through-slow-start

thanks, sounds like the secret is out