PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Farthest Away Game Since...1977 at Cal-Davis?!

ngineer
September 9th, 2019, 09:54 PM
The Mountain Hawks renew acquaintances with the Aggies after they last met in California in the D-II NCAA Semi-finals in 1977, won by Lehigh 37-30, enroute to Lehigh's National Championship. This year's meeting is expected to be lopsided with UCD ranked in or around the top 5 and Lehigh struggling to regain its identity after a coaching change and a thin roster. Aggies played FBS Cal-Berkley very tough two weeks ago, but almost took it on the chin last Saturday against San Diego. Which Aggie team shows up? Lehigh. meanwhile, is struggling to put together a consistent offense. The defense has shown improvement over last year, but is undersized in the DL. Many expecting a blowout by about 30 points. Any Aggies on here see UCD play this year? What do you expect? I am hoping we can access the game over internet portal on University website.

CHIP72
September 9th, 2019, 11:32 PM
Considering Lehigh will be playing so far from home against UC Davis (and super late, 10 PM ET), it seems appropriate the game will be streamed on Pluto TV.

https://pluto.tv/tv/uc-davis

Gangtackle11
September 10th, 2019, 08:13 AM
37 point underdog

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 10th, 2019, 08:29 AM
37 point underdog

That seems a bit ridiculous but who knows. I'm thinking this game will be similar to the 'Nova game last week. Lehigh kind of hangs around for a while until UC Davis puts the hammer down....

ngineer
September 10th, 2019, 12:25 PM
Considering Lehigh will be playing so far from home against UC Davis (and super late, 10 PM ET), it seems appropriate the game will be streamed on Pluto TV.

https://pluto.tv/tv/uc-davis

Thanks. Never heard of "pluto tv", but we'll see how it goes.

I think we could hang around a bit with the Aggies and hope for some breaks. Only way to pull the stunner. I would expect a similar outcome as with 'nova.

CHIP72
September 10th, 2019, 03:48 PM
I had never heard of Pluto TV either until I saw the listing on the UC Davis website. It appears the Big Sky Conference has a deal with Pluto TV. The Big Sky/Pluto TV deal looks like it is similar to the CAA’s deal with FloSports, with the exception that Pluto TV is free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichH2
September 10th, 2019, 04:21 PM
Thanks Chip. Free is a very nice word. The remaining issue for me is whether I can actually stay awake for the whole game. :)

cx500d
September 10th, 2019, 08:32 PM

I think we could hang around a bit with the Aggies and hope for some breaks. Only way to pull the stunner. I would expect a similar outcome as with 'nova.

Set your expectations low...sometimes those streams are poor quality if it works at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

grizband
September 10th, 2019, 10:57 PM

Set your expectations low...sometimes those streams are poor quality if it works at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's really interesting, because other times Pluto provides a fantastic feed.

UNHWildcat18
September 11th, 2019, 08:04 AM
gonna be a long trip home for the mountain hawks

LU73
September 11th, 2019, 08:07 AM
I used Pluto last year for a game, and it worked well. You can install the Pluto app on your Roku for your TV, and you can also install the Pluto app on your phone. I have had good results from both. The low tech approach would have you watching directly from your computer. I’ll be watching on the TV through the Roku while listening to the WEEX audio on internet radio. If the stars are aligned properly, they will be synced.

ngineer
September 11th, 2019, 12:27 PM
gonna be a long trip home for the mountain hawks

2,500 mile flight. I bet they fly all night after the game, getting into Bethlehem around 6-7 a.m. Not the best sleep after the body getting beat up...but a bye week coming up.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2019, 01:25 AM
2,500 mile flight. I bet they fly all night after the game, getting into Bethlehem around 6-7 a.m. Not the best sleep after the body getting beat up...but a bye week coming up.

They are flying back Sunday.

Here's my preview of the game, incidentally:

For The First Time Since 1977, Lehigh Is Invited Back to UC Davis To Play a Football Game
https://www.college-sports-journal.com/for-the-first-time-since-1977-lehigh-is-invited-back-to-uc-davis-to-play-a-football-game/

mvemjsunpx
September 12th, 2019, 03:08 AM
It's really interesting, because other times Pluto provides a fantastic feed.

Watch Big Sky - https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx - is more reliable.

ngineer
September 12th, 2019, 12:54 PM
They are flying back Sunday.

Here's my preview of the game, incidentally:

For The First Time Since 1977, Lehigh Is Invited Back to UC Davis To Play a Football Game

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/for-the-first-time-since-1977-lehigh-is-invited-back-to-uc-davis-to-play-a-football-game/

Glad to see that. I was afraid the bean counters might make them fly back right after the game via charter, but I see they are flying commercial. We flew charter to Liberty in 2013 and left right after the game.

ngineer
September 12th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Watch Big Sky - https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx - is more reliable.

Thank you very much!

CHIP72
September 12th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Glad to see that. I was afraid the bean counters might make them fly back right after the game via charter, but I see they are flying commercial. We flew charter to Liberty in 2013 and left right after the game.

I wonder if the team's flights were Philadelphia/Sacramento (unsure if there are direct flights from PHL to Sacramento), Newark/Sacramento (EWR same as PHL comment), Philadelphia/Oakland or San Francisco, Newark/Oakland or San Francisco, or ABE/Sacramento with a connection somewhere (probably Chicago or Detroit).

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 12th, 2019, 02:45 PM

I'm hoping I can stream it on my phone! I'll be at the Clemson-Syracuse game Saturday night. The Lehigh-UC Davis game should cover most of my trip home....

RichH2
September 12th, 2019, 04:45 PM
I'm hoping I can stream it on my phone! I'll be at the Clemson-Syracuse game Saturday night. The Lehigh-UC Davis game should cover most of my trip home....

Tried Pluto on my phone. OK. Going to try BigSky feed recommended above

Gangtackle11
September 12th, 2019, 05:34 PM
Flight is delayed out of Newark. 10pm takeoff time. xpeacex

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2019, 05:49 PM
Game breakdown and Fearless prediction:

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2019/09/lehigh-at-uc-davis-game-breakdown-and.html

agalum
September 14th, 2019, 11:06 AM
Any Aggies on here see UCD play this year? What do you expect? I am hoping we can access the game over internet portal on University website.

i traveled to see both the Cal game and USD last week. While the Ags have some areas to clean up, you have to give SD credit. They were fighting for a 4 year unbeaten record at home, were fired up for the game, have good positional players, and were very well coached. With that said, the Ags were close to pouring it on, ended up making a few mistakes, which gave SD wind in their sails. Again, give SD credit.

Today you will not see anything new. The Ags will see if their run game gets going, and if it does, everything else will roll. We had some key players out last week after getting banged up at Cal. If TT is back, that adds another dimension to our O. Im looking forward to the game. I was a third year undergrad when we played you guys in 77.

BTW, we are not Cal Davis. I think he was a car salesman in los angeles. Its UC Davis.