SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU?

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? Stadium holds 9000 but it could be more or less. xlolx

bonarae
September 9th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Yotes
Rebels
Fighting Hawks
UCA
Nicholls
Alcorn State (toss-up)
aTm
LSU
SFA

Bonus #1 - 34
Bonus #2 - 7500

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Massey has these odds of each team in the SLC winning: This is the percent the SLC team has of winning their matchups.

HBU vs. South Dakota- 7%
SLU at Ole Miss- 3%
SHSU at North Dakota- 22%
ACU 32% at UCA- 68%
Nicholls at PV A&M- 78%
Alcorn State at McNeese- 58%
Lamar at Texas A&M- 0%
NWST at LSU- 0%
SFA at Southern Utah - 29%

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Yotes
Rebels
Fighting Hawks
UCA
Nicholls
Alcorn State (toss-up)
aTm
LSU
SFA

Bonus #1 - around 30-40 points
Bonus #2 - 7500

Give me an exact number! xlolx Closest to it wins the bonus question.

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 09:34 AM
HBU at South Dakota - South Dakota, although HBU has looked unusually sporty
SLU at Ole Miss - Ole Miss - would love to see SELA take this scalp, but it's too much to ask
SHSU at North Dakota - SHSU - Sam is looking good on both sides of the ball
ACU at UCA - Upset pick. Abilene Christian goes into Conway and announces their arrival as SLC top tier
Nicholls at PV A&M - Nicholls - but it will be close
Alcorn State at McNeese - Alcorn State
Lamar at Texas A&M - Aggies by 50
NWST at LSU - This matchup is a crime - LSU could easily drop a hundred on them.
SFA at Southern Utah - Southern Utah - SFA will figure it out eventually...just not this week

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU? 24

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? Stadium holds 9000 but it could be more or less. 6922

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 09:46 AM
HBU at South Dakota A road trip waaaaay up north. 7% chance to win. Gotta pick SD
SLU at Ole Miss Ole Miss ain't that good but they are SEC so there's that.
SHSU at North Dakota - If SHSU slings it like they did last week..there will be a ton of points scored.
ACU at UCA Bears FINALLY get a home game before heading out to Hawaii. Would be a good feeling to win this one before that game.
Nicholls at PV A&M - tossup game. PV has looked good so far. Edging their way but I gotta cheer on my SLC member schools.
Alcorn State at McNeese - The unknown Cowboys. Slightly favored so I'll go with that.
Lamar at Texas A&M - One sided game IMO. Just too tough to beat.
NWST at LSU- Can NWST just buy this one out. UGH. Well I guess its good for recruiting.xdontknowx
SFA at Southern Utah-Lumberjacks just too young.

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU? 14

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game? 8389

Wildcat1997
September 9th, 2019, 10:07 AM
South Dakota
Ole Miss
SHSU
ACU but it will be tough game
Nicholls
McNeese
A&M
LSU
SUU

#1: 21
#2: 7500

lionsrking2
September 9th, 2019, 10:10 AM
HBU at South Dakota
SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game? It's not squirrel season yet. I'll say 8,577. :)

SpreadTheWord
September 9th, 2019, 10:19 AM
HBU at South Dakota
SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah
UIW at Bye

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU? 17

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? 8,650

Panther88
September 9th, 2019, 10:28 AM
There were 3 games we had circled on our schedule fall 2019. This is the 2nd of those games w/ uofh being the first. We held our own vs the fbs squad who kept their O/D starters in the game until ~5:40 4th quarter vs our 2nd and 3rd string depth guys, who we substituted starting 3rd qrtr.

We are ready for Nicholls. This is our home opener and I'm sure coach and staff will have a few surprises :D .

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 10:58 AM
There were 3 games we had circled on our schedule fall 2019. This is the 2nd of those games w/ uofh being the first. We held our own vs the fbs squad who kept their O/D starters in the game until ~5:40 4th quarter vs our 2nd and 3rd string depth guys, who we substituted starting 3rd qrtr.

We are ready for Nicholls. This is our home opener and I'm sure coach and staff will have a few surprises :D .

I've watched your school. They are good. I really think you will win at home in this one. The SLC is kinda quirky this year. Massey has UCA with only a 34% chance to beat Nicholls and we're allegedly the conference leaders right now. I think a win at PV and Nicholls will get a bump. A loss and they are 0-2 but happily have SFA next.

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 11:00 AM
I've watched your school. They are good. I really think you will win at home in this one. The SLC is kinda quirky this year. I think a win at PV and Nicholls will get a bump. A loss and they are 0-2 but happily have SFA next.

PVAMU has better facilities than anybody in the Southland, maybe with the exception of ACU.

SFA 93
September 9th, 2019, 11:24 AM
SUU and SFA will be interesting, both teams on losing streaks SUU 7 and SFA 5.

Both teams are young 46 freshmen for SUU and 62 for SFA and not many seniors 10 for SUU and 16 for SFA.

Storm Ruiz to kick about half a dozen field goals to win special teams player of the week again.

Katfan
September 9th, 2019, 11:33 AM
HBU at South Dakota - HBU doesn’t travel well! Seriously, could be closer than most expect
SLU at Ole Miss - SLU win would be nice but don’t see it.
SHSU at North Dakota - Beats the odds handily
ACU at UCA - Unless UCA figures out how to run the ball the 4th qtr comebacks end here
Nicholls at PV A&M - With all due respect to Panther88, I don’t see the Panthers winning this one
Alcorn State at McNeese - should be a good game
Lamar at Texas A&M - Aggies after a tough loss will be ugly. Would be ugly anyway,
NWST at LSU - Tigers could have a let down after last week so they probably don’t score 100!
SFA at Southern Utah - Home team wins

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU? 21

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? Stadium holds 9000 but it could be more or less. xlolx 8,278

lionsrking2
September 9th, 2019, 11:33 AM
SUU and SFA will be interesting, both teams on losing streaks SUU 7 and SFA 5.

Both teams are young 46 freshmen for SUU and 62 for SFA and not many seniors 10 for SUU and 16 for SFA.

Storm Ruiz to kick about half a dozen field goals to win special teams player of the week again.

The problem you run into at Southern Utah is the altitude. We played there in 2016 and were gassed by the third quarter. If you don't have a lot of depth on the defensive line, it'll take a toll on your pass rush as the game wears on.

Katfan
September 9th, 2019, 11:35 AM
PVAMU has better facilities than anybody in the Southland, maybe with the exception of ACU.
They have better facilities than most FCS teams

lionsrking2
September 9th, 2019, 11:37 AM

I would say 90%

Panther88
September 9th, 2019, 11:40 AM
I've watched your school. They are good. I really think you will win at home in this one. The SLC is kinda quirky this year. Massey has UCA with only a 34% chance to beat Nicholls and we're allegedly the conference leaders right now. I think a win at PV and Nicholls will get a bump. A loss and they are 0-2 but happily have SFA next.

ACU, McN, UCA, and SHSU are the football class of the SLC, imho. Even when they appear weak(er) and rebuilding (ala McN/SHSU), they are still strong.

Nicholls embarrassed PV @ their place 2 years ago under our old regime. The new staff, they understand the importance of a great showing at home vs Nicholls coupled w/ retribution.

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 11:42 AM

With those facilities, I would take them in the Southland in a minute. Make it a 12 team league with two 6 team divisions.

Katfan
September 9th, 2019, 11:45 AM
With those facilities, I would take them in the Southland in a minute. Make it a 12 team league with two 6 team divisions.
I think that would be a great idea! Their sports are definitely moving in the right direction!

Panther88
September 9th, 2019, 11:46 AM

ACU's facilities are beyond top-notch.

We are anxiously awaiting SHSU to demolish Bowers and erect a 40K seat fbs-styled venue, when and/or if SHSU stops denying that it is an fbs'er cloaked in FCS garb.

Katfan
September 9th, 2019, 11:49 AM
ACU's facilities are beyond top-notch.

We are anxiously awaiting SHSU to demolish Bowers and erect a 40K seat fbs-styled venue, when and/or if SHSU stops denying that it is an fbs'er cloaked in FCS garb.
We can’t even draw 10,000. I don’t think building a nice 40,000 stadium would help. I’d settle with some upgrades to our current facility.

Panther88
September 9th, 2019, 11:54 AM
We can’t even draw 10,000. I don’t think building a nice 40,000 stadium would help. I’d settle with some upgrades to our current facility.

Upper decks, new fieldhouse/dressing rooms?

Katfan
September 9th, 2019, 11:55 AM
At least the lower level would be shaded! Because the seats would be empty.

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 11:57 AM

Paint.

Panther88
September 9th, 2019, 12:35 PM
At least the lower level would be shaded! Because the seats would be empty.

Sam still hasn't figured the magical formula to motivate students to attend games? If you discover it, send it to 290. Noticed the same while @ TDECU@uofh - for a campus that large, only 29K showed for the home-opener. It seems as though WiFi, HD, and social media are more of a priority than attending a game face-to-face. xsmhx

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Sam still hasn't figured the magical formula to motivate students to attend games? If you discover it, send it to 290. Noticed the same while @ TDECU@uofh - for a campus that large, only 29K showed for the home-opener. It seems as though WiFi, HD, and social services are more of a priority than attending a game face-to-face. xsmhx

We had a pretty good turnout Saturday for the home opener. But that is usually the case. The problem is that the student section sits in the sun until almost halftime. We will see the number gradually decrease because they would rather not be roasting on metal benches.

McNeese75
September 9th, 2019, 01:01 PM
HBU at South Dakota
SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU? 17 Long trip, altitude, quirky grass field

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? Stadium holds 9000 but it could be more or less. xlolx 6500

NDSUKurt
September 9th, 2019, 01:11 PM
HBU at South Dakota
SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU? - 21

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? Stadium holds 9000 but it could be more or less. xlolx -7632

Outsider1
September 9th, 2019, 02:11 PM
Man this week has me worried.......

HBU at South Dakota - HBU has surprised me some this year, but I think SD takes them.
SLU at Ole Miss - SLU has surprised me as well, but I don't think a bye will help them much here......
SHSU at North Dakota - SHSU has improved on both sides of the ball and I am impressed at their resolve to get back on top.
ACU at UCA - Gotta pick my team here, but this is going to be very tough. Both of us are better this year, but this is UCA at home. Still, I have to vote for the #NextStep....
Nicholls at PV A&M - This is going to be one of thebetter games of the week and at first I was thinking Nicholls, But PVAM is looking for payback at home.
Alcorn State at McNeese - McNeese is showing some quick growth with new coaching. I think they are the powerteam here that Alcorn won't be able to out match.
Lamar at Texas A& - I am not an Aggie, but reality is reality.
NWST at LSU - More reality
SFA at Southern Utah - SUU isn't the strongest, but SFA just has too far to go right now.

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU? 20

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? 8350 (I'm there, so really 8351)...

Panther88
September 9th, 2019, 03:33 PM
We held D'eriq King in check very well last Saturday.

In all honesty, Fourcade scares me just as much because he's very heady and makes smart decisions in their offense. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a track meet of sorts. That lil' #1 that most from SHSU may recall from last fall, he returns but he brings speedy friends from former fbs'ers LSU, KState, and txa&m w/ him lol.

bwbear
September 9th, 2019, 04:43 PM
HBU at South Dakota *Edited 9/10. Did not mean to pick HBU.
SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? Stadium holds 9000 but it could be more or less. xlolx

9230. A lot of people just stand.

FYI, we always seem to get there an hour before kick. Temperature is supposed to be low 90's. I'm going to melt to the bleacher before kick-off.

tierre
September 9th, 2019, 05:16 PM
I think that it was be a dog fight between Alcorn and McNeese St. Alcorn is trying to get its first FCS win since they beat SE Louisiana 2004. Alcorn is heavily favored to win the SWAC again and McNeese st. is trying to move back to the top of the Southland

BEAR
September 9th, 2019, 05:37 PM
FYI, we always seem to get there an hour before kick. Temperature is supposed to be low 90's. I'm going to melt to the bleacher before kick-off.

I think the theme is white out. You can melt inside a white tshirt. xlolx

Daytripper
September 9th, 2019, 05:54 PM
HBU at South Dakota
SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah

9230. A lot of people just stand.

HBU. That's bold. But they are playing well this year. If they beat USD that would be huge for them and the Southland. Not that USD is great, but HBU would traditionally by an easy victory.

Outsider1
September 9th, 2019, 07:26 PM
We held D'eriq King in check very well last Saturday.

In all honesty, Fourcade scares me just as much because he's very heady and makes smart decisions in their offense. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a track meet of sorts. That lil' #1 that most from SHSU may recall from last fall, he returns but he brings speedy friends from former fbs'ers LSU, KState, and txa&m w/ him lol.

We disrupted Fourcade enough last year he couldn't do much.

pvdogteam
September 9th, 2019, 11:19 PM

We will be the only ones picking PV this week xeyebrowx

pvdogteam
September 9th, 2019, 11:26 PM

Katfan think had some good food at PV and enjoyed hanging there

Catatonic
September 10th, 2019, 04:56 AM
HBU at South Dakota
SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU? 17

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? Stadium holds 9000 but it could be more or less. 9267

McCowboys
September 10th, 2019, 07:58 AM
All the SLC football stats you ever wanted to know and (if you are a McNeese fan) many you might not want to know: https://www.southland.org/stats.aspx?path=football&year=2019

And some of you still think McNeese fans are sandbagging? xlolx I am hoping for improvement, but....

BEAR
September 10th, 2019, 09:15 AM
All the SLC football stats you ever wanted to know and (if you are a McNeese fan) many you might not want to know: https://www.southland.org/stats.aspx?path=football&year=2019

And some of you still think McNeese fans are sandbagging? xlolx I am hoping for improvement, but....

It's hard to look at stats when half the league has played NAIA or D2 schools and the other half FBS schools. It's gonna get worse this weekend. xlolx

McCowboys
September 10th, 2019, 10:00 AM
It's hard to look at stats when half the league has played NAIA or D2 schools and the other half FBS schools. It's gonna get worse this weekend. xlolx

McNeese played Southern. Southern had FIVE turnovers. Without the turnovers, that could have been a totally different game. The game against Alcorn is predicted to be close. Hopefully the Cowboys will not have to depend on turnovers. And Lord help us if ASU gets speedy receivers on an island against one of our corners. I bet the Braves watched the OSU game and started salivating. Stats don't tell the whole story, but they sure do reveal some ugly stuff.

I know some posters from other schools aren't that impressed with UCA's win over Austin Peay, but I know the Bears have won two games on the road, and in both of those games, they came from behind and pretty much owned the 4th quarter. Those are good intangibles to have, not panicking and fighting until the end.

bwbear
September 10th, 2019, 01:01 PM
HBU. That's bold. But they are playing well this year. If they beat USD that would be huge for them and the Southland. Not that USD is great, but HBU would traditionally by an easy victory.

LOL....when I saw you post that, I wondered why I had HBU. Going to have to edit my pick as there is no way I'd pick them to win that game. /brainfart

Sammy94
September 10th, 2019, 01:53 PM
HBU at South Dakota
SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? 7250

Outsider1
September 10th, 2019, 03:10 PM
So when the Cats roll into Conway, who will show up???

or.....

BEAR
September 10th, 2019, 07:20 PM
So when the Cats roll into Conway, who will show up???

or.....

Oh no! Two attachments! What will we ever do?! xlolx

Outsider1
September 10th, 2019, 07:46 PM
Oh no! Two attachments! What will we ever do?! xlolx

I keep trying to figure out why they have been showing up as numbered attachments lately instead of the actual meme of GIF??

SUPharmacist
September 10th, 2019, 09:48 PM
South Dakota
Ole Miss
Sam Houston
Central Arkansas
Nicholls
Mcneese St
Texas A&M
LSU
SFA

Bonus 1: 20
Bonus 2: 7420

Catatonic
September 11th, 2019, 04:01 AM
FYI, 5 Dimes Betting Odds

South Dakota by 29 over Houston Baptist
Ole Miss by 31 over Southeastern Louisiana
North Dakota by 7 1/2 over Sam Houston
Central Arkansas by 7 1/2 over Abilene Christian
Nicholls by 10 1/2 over Prairie View
McNeese and Alcon Pick em/toss up
Texas A&M 43 1/2 over Lamar
LSU 51 1/2 over Northwest Louisiana
Southern Utah by 7 1/2 over Stephen F Austin

Catatonic
September 11th, 2019, 04:14 AM

ACU @ UCA stats will tell us something.

BEAR
September 11th, 2019, 07:08 AM
ACU @ UCA stats will tell us something.

It will tell us both something but I'm glad we've already played an FCS school. One with a pretty good run defense. One that made us show we don't give up and play ALL game. As a fan we FINALLY get a home game. It will be enjoyable and hopefully injury free for both teams!

Outsider1
September 11th, 2019, 08:07 AM
It will tell us both something but I'm glad we've already played an FCS school. One with a pretty good run defense. One that made us show we don't give up and play ALL game. As a fan we FINALLY get a home game. It will be enjoyable and hopefully injury free for both teams!

I pray so!

McNeese72
September 11th, 2019, 08:11 AM
HBU at South Dakota
SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? Stadium holds 9000 but it could be more or less. xlolx 7500

Doc

BEAR
September 11th, 2019, 08:20 AM
HBU at South Dakota
SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah

Doc

Got an answer for bonus question #2? xconfusedx They typically are the tie breakers for even records.

BEAR
September 11th, 2019, 08:23 AM
Alright.............any injuries or players or coaches not participating in this week's games that could make a difference in the outcomes?

UCA- Nothing I've heard.

SFA 93
September 11th, 2019, 08:37 AM
Coach Carthel celebrated the coming of his third son into the world a couple of days ago.

Stone River Carthel 9-9-19

McCowboys
September 11th, 2019, 09:10 AM
Coach Carthel celebrated the coming of his third son into the world a couple of days ago.

Stone River? :(

lionsrking2
September 11th, 2019, 09:23 AM

At least he won't have to change his name if he becomes a TV weatherman.

Daytripper
September 11th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Stone River? :(

That is SO Carthel. Wouldn't expect anything different....

lionsrking2
September 11th, 2019, 09:25 AM
Alright.............any injuries or players or coaches not participating in this week's games that could make a difference in the outcomes?

UCA- Nothing I've heard.

All good here.

Outsider1
September 11th, 2019, 09:52 AM

UCA- Nothing I've heard.

ACU seems to be good right now. I think we will actually be having a couple come back from preventatively being sidelined.

McNeese72
September 11th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Got an answer for bonus question #2? xconfusedx They typically are the tie breakers for even records. Sorry, I thought I had. Will go change it now. Not feeling very good today. Allergies or a bad cold. Don't know which.

Doc

McNeese75
September 11th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Sorry, I thought I had. Will go change it now. Not feeling very good today. Allergies or a bad cold. Don't know which.

Doc

It's going around, been on meds since Monday. WebMD Allergies says its extreme Dust (who knows)

McCowboys
September 11th, 2019, 01:11 PM

UCA- Nothing I've heard.

As far as I know, McNeese escaped Oklahoma State without any serious injuries, but as forthcoming as McNeese is, I guess we'll just have to wait until game time to see if anyone is in a full body cast or not.

BEAR
September 11th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Sorry, I thought I had. Will go change it now. Not feeling very good today. Allergies or a bad cold. Don't know which.

Doc

I've had it too. Must be something in the wind....it's spreading quickly.

Hmmm...maybe we need to see if its affecting any of our football players....xsmiley_wix

jayhawkdaddy
September 11th, 2019, 01:42 PM
All games Saturday Sept. 14th, 2019:
South Dakota
Ole Miss
SHSU
UCA
Nicholls
McNeese
Texas A&M
LSU
Southern Utah

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU? 10

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? 8,950

BEAR
September 11th, 2019, 04:15 PM
It's good to see the grounds crews cleaning up the campus! Not that it is really ever messy but we had some strong storms roll through unexpectedly and our old oak trees lost some limbs suddenly. Fresh paint, streets swept, lines for tailgating going down....it's almost time! xbowx

Catatonic
September 12th, 2019, 10:05 AM
ACU seems to be good right now. I think we will actually be having a couple come back from preventatively being sidelined.

The last time we beat UCA was back when Our QB was injured and we started an unheralded up who could run but not pass. This befuddled the Bears who expected a passing offense. Maybe we should just start semaj even if Luke is healthy :)

BEAR
September 12th, 2019, 12:03 PM
The last time we beat UCA was back when Our QB was injured and we started an unheralded up who could run but not pass. This befuddled the Bears who expected a passing offense. Maybe we should just start semaj even if Luke is healthy :)

I remember that! Our coach game planned for your starter and we had 7 turnovers in ONE game! That was a horrible week as I believe it was the same week two murders came on campus and killed two of our students. The players were shaken up and distracted. That had never happened before on that campus. But not planning for the backup qb and turning it over 7 times was the primary cause. Strange considering we were whipping SLC teams that year.

Outsider1
September 12th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Hhhhhmmm, juicy and interessante...

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-predictions-best-10-games-week-3

BEAR
September 12th, 2019, 09:10 PM
Hhhhhmmm, juicy and interessante...

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-predictions-best-10-games-week-3

Clueless. UCA beats an FBS and a good FCS....and all they can come up with is picking ACU because it's QB got some yards? Sigh.

Outsider1
September 12th, 2019, 10:05 PM
Clueless. UCA beats an FBS and a good FCS....and all they can come up with is picking ACU because it's QB got some yards? Sigh.

Hey, we gotta take it where we can get it. Honestly though, our running game has been better than we have it in years and our trench play has been really solid. I wonder if what the author is seeing is an offense that finally has some feet under it as a whole to go along with the decent defense we were building. I was still a little surprised, but I was also surprised at their Alcorn pick. The best part about the whole piece though was that 3 of the best matchups were SLC games.

Katfan
September 12th, 2019, 10:19 PM
Against d2 team

BEAR
September 13th, 2019, 07:22 AM
Against d2 team

Yeah that too. I know UCA has started slow both games (like they never do that.....xlolx) but we did it against an FBS and a good FCS. Finally a home game and the campus is jumping. ACU can win. UCA can win. But their schedules have been vastly different.

Katfan
September 13th, 2019, 07:49 AM
Yeah that too. I know UCA has started slow both games (like they never do that.....xlolx) but we did it against an FBS and a good FCS. Finally a home game and the campus is jumping. ACU can win. UCA can win. But their schedules have been vastly different.
Yes this week will start to sort out the Southland!

TheRevSFA
September 13th, 2019, 08:08 AM
HBU at South Dakota
SLU at Ole Miss
SHSU at North Dakota
ACU at UCA
Nicholls at PV A&M
Alcorn State at McNeese
Lamar at Texas A&M
NWST at LSU
SFA at Southern Utah

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU? - 28

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? 8,675(309)

TheRevSFA
September 13th, 2019, 08:11 AM
That is SO Carthel. Wouldn't expect anything different....

I mean his other kids are named Major and Bear xnodx

BEAR
September 13th, 2019, 08:43 AM
I mean his other kids are named Major and Bear xnodx

Coach named his kid after me? How nice! xlolx

https://media1.giphy.com/media/8JZBBXkj9HiKdHoQTD/giphy.webp

BEAR
September 13th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Question: Are you going to your SLC game or are you visiting the team hosting your school?

Home game for me! I'm there!

bwbear
September 13th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Question: Are you going to your SLC game or are you visiting the team hosting your school?

Same. Will be there with family and friends in tow.

bwbear
September 13th, 2019, 09:43 AM
Regarding the UCAvACU game:

I'm not hyped on ACU's offensive stats. UNT is not a good defensive team. Any stats against a D2 school are irrelevant.

If you look at UCA's games, most of the offense produced against them were on a handful of plays. Against WKU, the long run for the Hilltoppers first score and a couple of others were most of their offense. Against APSU, same thing: Three good passes downfield and a few busted assignments on run coverage was most of their offense. Both games, UCA shut them down 4th quarter.

I think UCA's defense is too much for ACU. Their QB will most likely be pressured all afternoon. Our run D can be pretty stingy.

The difference in the game is this:

1. What will UCA's offensive line do?
2. Will OC Collum's play calling be less predictable?

Outsider1
September 13th, 2019, 10:14 AM

Yep, making the 7 hour drive by myself. I have my hotel room and ticket reserved already. This will be my last away game this season.

Panther88
September 13th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Yep, making the 7 hour drive by myself. I have my hotel room and ticket reserved already. This will be my last away game this season.

Be extra careful on the hwys, E-NE. Safe travels.

Wildcat1997
September 13th, 2019, 11:51 AM

I'm not hyped on ACU's offensive stats. UNT is not a good defensive team. Any stats against a D2 school are irrelevant.

If you look at UCA's games, most of the offense produced against them were on a handful of plays. Against WKU, the long run for the Hilltoppers first score and a couple of others were most of their offense. Against APSU, same thing: Three good passes downfield and a few busted assignments on run coverage was most of their offense. Both games, UCA shut them down 4th quarter.

I think UCA's defense is too much for ACU. Their QB will most likely be pressured all afternoon. Our run D can be pretty stingy.

2. Will OC Collum's play calling be less predictable?I don't know about our QB being pressured all day. We have a very good OL so I think we'll be okay there. Also I have trust in our RBs to get the job done. We go 3 deep there and they all bring something different to the table. I wouldn't trade our RBs corps with anyone in the conference.

Catatonic
September 14th, 2019, 03:22 AM

2. Will OC Collum's play calling be less predictable?

UCA has been a one dimensional team this year. ACU’s DL will keep it that way for this game. UCA will connect for some big pass plays but unlike the past two weeks it won’t be enough. I see ACU by 13.

We’ll know soon enough.

SFA 93
September 14th, 2019, 10:59 AM
Out for SFA

QB: #10 Jake Blumrick 6-2; 206 (Sr.) injured
WR: #8 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 195 (Sr.) academics
OL: #72 Collin Lagarde 6-3; 317 (Sr.) academics
S:#00 Alize Ward 5-10; 190 (Sr.) injured
CB:#1 Aretavious Hendrix 6-1; 192 (Sr.) injured
DT:#00 Rayshad Nichols 6-3; 304 (Jr.) academics
DT:#00 Larron Cox 6-2; 282 (Jr.) academics
DT:#93 Rason Williams II 6-4; 270 (Fr.) probable
DT:#69 Carl Williams 6-2; 356 (Fr.) probable

BEAR
September 14th, 2019, 01:04 PM
Game day! 31098

Serpentor
September 14th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Sam Houston - North Dakota game is going to be broadcast on Fox FCS. That's channel 608 on DirecTV.

BEAR
September 14th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Wait....the pigs of NW Arkansas are playing at home at 3. Everyone reduce your attendance prediction for our game. xbangx

SpreadTheWord
September 14th, 2019, 06:01 PM
Congrats on the big W, Houston Baptist! Going for the win with a 2 pt "Philly Special" conversion was a bold play and it paid off.

bwbear
September 14th, 2019, 11:05 PM
Wait....the pigs of NW Arkansas are playing at home at 3. Everyone reduce your attendance prediction for our game. xbangx

Well, according to ESPN's website, we had 10,123. The turnout was good (well, the student section was full until halftime again), but no way we had 10k.

BEAR
September 14th, 2019, 11:12 PM
Answers to the bonus questions:

Bonus question #1- How many points will SFA score on SUU? 38

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? Stadium holds 9000 but it could be more or less. xlolx 10123

bwbear
September 14th, 2019, 11:57 PM
When I'm at the game, I follow scores on the ESPN app, but I don't watch/see much.

Awesome win HBU! Nicholls looked like a good comeback win.

But, I think I'm most impressed with SLU.

BEAR
September 15th, 2019, 09:07 AM
Results:

HBU 53 at South Dakota 52
SLU 29 at Ole Miss 40
SHSU 23 at North Dakota 27
ACU 30 at UCA 31
Nicholls 42 at PV A&M 35
Alcorn State 14 at McNeese 17
Lamar 3 at Texas A&M 62
NWST 14 at LSU 63
SFA 38 at Southern Utah 45

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? 10,123

Daytripper
September 15th, 2019, 09:32 AM
Results:

HBU 53 at South Dakota 52
SLU 29 at Ole Miss 40
SHSU 23 at North Dakota 27
ACU 30 at UCA 31
Nicholls 42 at PV A&M 35
Alcorn State 14 at McNeese 17
Lamar 3 at Texas A&M 62
NWST 14 at LSU 63
SFA 38 at Southern Utah 45

Bonus question #2- What will be the official attendance at the ACU vs UCA game as reported by the UCASports website? 10,123

It was a weird day for the Southland. I only know one thing for sure: SELA is really good.

Panther88
September 15th, 2019, 10:34 AM
It was a weird day for the Southland. I only know one thing for sure: SELA is really good.

The Southland is 5-0 vs the SWAC conference. So, for what it's worth, that's something decently positive to hang one's hat on, considering fcs vs fcs competition.

Seems to be a logjam of sorts w/ a lot of parity in the Southland.

Daytripper
September 15th, 2019, 11:29 AM
The Southland is 5-0 vs the SWAC conference. So, for what it's worth, that's something decently positive to hang one's hat on, considering fcs vs fcs competition.

Seems to be a logjam of sorts w/ a lot of parity in the Southland.

The Southland has a lot of good teams and Sam Houston.

BEAR
September 15th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Guess I better sit down here and sort out who won this week. xlolx

Just finished mowing the yard and removing those old logs that were covered in ants. Ouch. Southern ants have speed and sharp mandibles. Plus it's freakin hot out there. xlolx

Panther88
September 15th, 2019, 02:29 PM
The Southland has a lot of good teams and Sam Houston.

You tickle me w/ the criticality of your alma mater. lol

Right now, this very second, SHSU IS the premiere FCS in tx, bar none.

However, I would seriously keep my good eye peeled west towards ACU and in san antone. They sure have ascended to respectability very quickly, considering how short the time both have dwelled in fcs’dom.

Katfan
September 15th, 2019, 07:20 PM
I think so far SELA has looked the best by some margin!

Daytripper
September 15th, 2019, 07:22 PM
You tickle me w/ the criticality of your alma mater. lol

Right now, this very second, SHSU IS the premiere FCS in tx, bar none.

However, I would seriously keep my good eye peeled west towards ACU and in san antone. They sure have ascended to respectability very quickly, considering how short the time both have dwelled in fcs’dom.

I've been telling anybody who will listen to watch out for ACU. They have the coach, the facilities, and a big area to recruit from. And a good school.

McCowboys
September 16th, 2019, 08:06 AM
I think so far SELA has looked the best by some margin!

Well, up to this point, it sure isn't the Bearcats of SHTNSU!

lionsrking2
September 16th, 2019, 09:57 AM
SLU vs Ole Miss highlights

From TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b60XiVaOTU

Field level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWrO6acXwtQ

Daytripper
September 16th, 2019, 10:08 AM
SLU vs Ole Miss highlights

From TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b60XiVaOTU

Field level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWrO6acXwtQ

Congrats on a great showing. You're doing the Southland Conference proud...

lionsrking2
September 16th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Congrats on a great showing. You're doing the Southland Conference proud...

Thanks. We're disappointed and have some things to clean up but we played hard on Saturday. We turned the ball over four times, missed a couple of wide open receivers that would have been touchdowns, and gave up a 94-yard kickoff return for a TD, but were still in a one-score game with under 2 minutes to play in the 4th quarter. The bright spot is they did not over match us up front and we showed we could run with them from a speed standpoint, which is always the fear when you face an SEC West team. Ole Miss is young but very talented and we hung in there toe-to-toe physically. IMO, this is easily our best team since 2013-14. We'll see how it translates to what looks to be a much improved SLC starting this week. There are no layups anymore.

Katfan
September 16th, 2019, 05:42 PM
Thanks. We're disappointed and have some things to clean up but we played hard on Saturday. We turned the ball over four times, missed a couple of wide open receivers that would have been touchdowns, and gave up a 94-yard kickoff return for a TD, but were still in a one-score game with under 2 minutes to play in the 4th quarter. The bright spot is they did not over match us up front and we showed we could run with them from a speed standpoint, which is always the fear when you face an SEC West team. Ole Miss is young but very talented and we hung in there toe-to-toe physically. IMO, this is easily our best team since 2013-14. We'll see how it translates to what looks to be a much improved SLC starting this week. There are no layups anymore.
Based on what I’ve seen so far, I think you guys are the class of the league. In my opinion you’re not getting the respect you deserve in the national polls. If you keep winning you will!

BEAR
September 16th, 2019, 05:55 PM
Based on what I’ve seen so far, I think you guys are the class of the league. In my opinion you’re not getting the respect you deserve in the national polls. If you keep winning you will!

But make sure you win in dominating fashion because voters don't consider JUST winning to be a strength. xlolx

lionsrking2
September 16th, 2019, 06:30 PM

Respect is earned through multiple years of success. If we play to our capabilities for the rest of the season, I'm confident it'll take care of itself. We came out of nowhere in 2013 (not to us) but didn't land in the national polls until late October, and didn't scratch the top 10 until we beat you guys in mid November. We ended up with the No. 5 seed in the playoffs. I think this Lions team is similar but the dynamics in the league are different. Everybody has good players and capable of beating anyone. It wasn't that way five or six years ago.

Katfan
September 16th, 2019, 08:09 PM
Respect is earned through multiple years of success. If we play to our capabilities for the rest of the season, I'm confident it'll take care of itself. We came out of nowhere in 2013 (not to us) but didn't land in the national polls until late October, and didn't scratch the top 10 until we beat you guys in mid November. We ended up with the No. 5 seed in the playoffs. I think this Lions team is similar but the dynamics in the league are different. Everybody has good players and capable of beating anyone. It wasn't that way five or six years ago.
Why did you have to remind me of that gut wrenching loss in the last minute. I went to the game it was a long way back the next day!

Daytripper
September 16th, 2019, 08:11 PM

In your opinion, what is different this year? Coaching? Scheme? Players?

BEAR
September 16th, 2019, 08:47 PM
I've been reviewing UCAs 4th quarter comebacks and they actually weren't as big of comebacks as they first appeared to be:

WKU: Only 5 seconds into the fourth quarter the Bears pull within 7. Go on to score 14 more and hold WKU scoreless.
APSU: Start of 4th quarter UCA down only 3. An entire 3 minutes later UCA goes ahead and holds APSU to a field goal the rest of the game.
ACU: Only 6 seconds into the fourth quarter UCA ties the game. UCA goes on to out score ACU a total of 22-13 in the fourth.

These comebacks werent as big as they first appeared considering two of the scores happened on the first play of the fourth quarter. Pretty close to the third IMO....but I get it if it isn't seen that way.

Either way we are 3-0 with an FBS win. Sure we have some offense to work on but we've kept all three games close even with our issues.

Cant wait to to see how we play against Hawaii. They have quite the offense so I don't foresee a win but I hope we keep it close. Last time we played them they took the win with a little over a mute left. Gotta read what they predict for this game.

lionsrking2
September 16th, 2019, 10:16 PM
In your opinion, what is different this year? Coaching? Scheme? Players?

I'd say a combination of all three. From a coaching standpoint, the hiring of Lance Guidry as DC and Raymond Monica as D-line coach has had the greatest impact. We made the switch from a 3-4/3-3-5 defensive scheme to a 4-2-5 which better suits our personnel. For example: In 2018, we had 67.5 tackles for loss and 24.5 sacks for the entire season. Through 2 games in 2019, we already have 25 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks, and that's against Jacksonville State and Ole Miss. We're deep and athletic on the defensive line and have really good team speed overall.

Offensively, we're in the second year with Greg Stevens as OC (second go-around -- he was also the OC in 2012 and 2013), and we have just about all of our skill players back. We have a 5th year senior QB with a lot of starting experience, and we're loaded with speed at the skill positions. But where we've made the biggest leap forward is on the offensive line. Our left tackle (Pat Allen) is playing at an All-American level, and our center (Drew Jones) isn't far behind. We're solid at both guard positions and our right tackle is a really good player. We also have a very good tight end who is drawing NFL attention. Again, there's a lot of football left to be played and everybody on our schedule has good players, but we're pretty damn good, and still scratching the surface.