already123
June 11th, 2007, 01:46 AM
yea yea...its all about money huh?!

woulda loved a home-home situation...

james_lawfirm
June 11th, 2007, 07:56 AM
yea yea...its all about money huh?!

woulda loved a home-home situation...

All teasing aside, so would I. In fact, when I heard about ASU playing NAU, I assumed that it was a home & home. Alas. I was looking forward to a trip to Flagstaf.

I think was the earlier poster was implying was that NAU could not afford the contract due to avg. lower attendance figures.

lizrdgizrd
June 11th, 2007, 08:32 AM
All teasing aside, so would I. In fact, when I heard about ASU playing NAU, I assumed that it was a home & home. Alas. I was looking forward to a trip to Flagstaf.

I think was the earlier poster was implying was that NAU could not afford the contract due to avg. lower attendance figures.
But wouldn't each team simply bear the burden of their own travel expenses in a home & home situation?

already123
June 11th, 2007, 11:01 AM
But wouldn't each team simply bear the burden of their own travel expenses in a home & home situation?

I believe so. And to be honest, NAU woulda done this game for free! xthumbsupx
but 180,000 isnt too shabby either xsmiley_wix

james_lawfirm
June 11th, 2007, 02:59 PM

Well, I don't know. If both sides held up their end of the deal and both games were played, then no problem. But it seems to me there have been problems in the past with teams that sign a home & home contract and then cancel after the first year so they don't have to travel. These problems have been discussed here on AGS. Thus, any good attorney would probably include a clause requiring some sort of payback for the non-cancelling party. It would probably be fair to assume that payback might be equal to the non-cancelling teams' travel costs. So, it may indeed be about $$. And, a team averaging 8,000 attendance would find it tougher to meet a guaranteed payment than would a team averaging 20,000 attendance.

Mountaineer#96
June 11th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I hope you guys get a good turn out of fans for the game, I was surprised how many MSU fans showed up for last years playoff game. They traveled quite well given the distance.

Mountaineer#96
June 11th, 2007, 03:10 PM
oh and if and when you folks show up make sure you spend lots of $.

already123
June 11th, 2007, 03:26 PM
good luck with that one

PhantomCAT
June 12th, 2007, 12:25 AM
I would say that crAPP State would be scared to go to NAU. Going to Michigan and getting piss pounded is one thing that all will accept. Going to NAU and potentially losing is a far different thing. A loss to NAU would damage the ability to stay atop the FCS rankings.

so, I say............................chicken *****$

james_lawfirm
June 12th, 2007, 08:07 AM
I would say that crAPP State would be scared to go to NAU. Going to Michigan and getting piss pounded is one thing that all will accept. Going to NAU and potentially losing is a far different thing. A loss to NAU would damage the ability to stay atop the FCS rankings.

That's not nice.

lizrdgizrd
June 12th, 2007, 08:17 AM

Aw, you're hurting my feelings! xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

We'll just ignore the $200K difference between our gate and the travel we're paying NAU. I'm sure they could offer just as much for us to go there. xrolleyesx

At least we didn't schedule a trip up there and cancel it. xpeacex

OldFootballGuy
June 12th, 2007, 08:33 AM

Sounds like somebody is still bitter about the piss pounding their thugs took in Boone last year.

Appaholic
June 12th, 2007, 09:44 AM

Did someone hear a pussycat meow?

The easiest way to insure that App St. travels west to play BSC schools is to be on top of the rankings at year end so you have home field advantage. In that manner, NAU (or MSU) are masters of their own destiny. But, you have to beat the best to be the best.....

Heavy lies the crown....

already123
June 12th, 2007, 02:08 PM

HARSH!

but I like the way you think...lol! GO JACKS!

james_lawfirm
June 12th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Sounds like somebody is still bitter about the piss pounding their thugs took in Boone last year.

Yep.

PhantomCAT
June 12th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Yep.

well put cousin Jed! you guys were loaded that is for certain. some of our players came to run their mouths, but the vast majority came to play and you know it! I'm not bitter about it at all. We will cross paths again.xsplatx

WUTNDITWAA
June 12th, 2007, 09:33 PM
well put cousin Jed! you guys were loaded that is for certain. some of our players came to run their mouths, but the vast majority came to play and you know it! I'm not bitter about it at all. We will cross paths again.xsplatx

Probably should've let the ones "who came to play" off of the bus -- instead of the others. xtwocentsx

already123
June 12th, 2007, 09:48 PM
why is everyone so angry? xlolx

AppStateold299
June 12th, 2007, 11:48 PM

The thing is that loaded team you talk about is still intact and ready to go for a 3 peat. I hope our paths do cross again. The team is still stacked and still they have to prove that they are the team to beat.

already123
June 13th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Montana St has to get out of the BSC before they can "meet" again. Lets focus on that one first...xcoffeex

james_lawfirm
June 13th, 2007, 07:52 AM

Cousin? I'm your Uncle!

OOooohhh!! I'm skeered.

Appaholic
June 13th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Montana St has to get out of the BSC before they can "meet" again. Lets focus on that one first...xcoffeex

...or better yet, MSU needs to worry about getting out of their state.

On another note, are the MSU PussyCats playing at Chadron State this year? xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Appaholic
June 13th, 2007, 09:52 AM
The thing is that loaded team you talk about is still intact and ready to go for a 3 peat. I hope our paths do cross again. The team is still stacked and still they have to prove that they are the team to beat.

Probably should've let the ones "who came to play" off of the bus -- instead of the others. xtwocentsx

xlmaox xlmaox Classic xlmaox xlmaox

SoCon48
June 13th, 2007, 12:21 PM

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!xthumbsupx

JC

SoCon48
June 13th, 2007, 12:26 PM

ROFLMAO.
If NAU comes within 30 pts of ASU in Boone, I'll concede that there would have been some risk in playing them at NAU, otherwise this chicken **** talk is for the birds and is just downright insane.xcoffeex

I'll be saving that post until after the game.xreadx

SoCon48
June 13th, 2007, 12:32 PM
yea, but App didnt want to do a home and home situation...scared?

After we pound your azzes in Boone, you'll be glad we didn't!!xhurrayx xhurrayx

already123
June 13th, 2007, 02:21 PM
riiiiiiight...

AppStateold299
June 13th, 2007, 04:00 PM
The only reason the home and home did not get done is because your team wanted the money. We offered more money to have the one game. Although most think that we will pull a Montana and schedule the home and home and not honor it. Have fun in Boone and enjoy the whooping you get at the Rock.

SoCon48
June 13th, 2007, 04:42 PM
riiiiiiight...

Just stay tuned a few more weeks. (assuming Michigan doesn't put everybody on crutches).xrulesx