PDA

View Full Version : Wachovia Championship

goasu984Life
May 2nd, 2007, 09:51 PM
So, I went to the Pro-Am today, which of course was featuring Michael Jordan playing with Tiger Woods. We saw them play, and were actually at the hole when MJ made the put and gave the Tiger Woods fist pump that they have shown on ESPNews.

Peyton Manning was there, and the kids were all about Peyton. Kids in Colts jerseys followed him all over the course. It was pretty cool.

The highlight of my day, besides cracking the first beer before 9 a.m., was getting John Daly's autograph. It only took me following him for four holes, but I finally got it.

Daly was teeing off on number six, and someone got him a diet coke. He asked, "Where's the Crown?" Classic.

All in all, a good time had by all.

LeopardFan04
May 2nd, 2007, 11:19 PM
sounds like a blast...

Grizalltheway
May 3rd, 2007, 12:06 AM
That's amazing that you got to see MJ, Tiger and Manning all in one place. Once in a lifetime. xnodx

89Hen
May 3rd, 2007, 08:48 AM
Very cool, glad you had a good time. We're hosting the Tiger Woods AT&T National in July so hopefully I'll get to see him up close then. The tourney is July 5-8 so they're inviting all the players to our 4th celebration which is always a huge deal at the club.

MYTAPPY
May 3rd, 2007, 08:57 AM
I'll be heading to the Wachovia for the final round on Sunday. I live fairly close to the course so I usually walk instead of sitting in traffic to catch a shuttle. Pretty nice.

putter
May 3rd, 2007, 10:46 AM
I am envious. The closest the PGA Tour gets to Montana is/was the International in Denver. I think they dropped that stop as of last year so it may be even further away this year.

89Hen
May 3rd, 2007, 11:19 AM
the International in Denver. I think they dropped that stop as of last year so it may be even further away this year.
That's the one the AT&T took over. They moved the Intl to July and the sponsor said FU (no offense Paladin fans) so Tiger picked it up and moved to DC. Same thing happened to us. We had the Kemper Open in DC which became the FBR Open which became the Booz-Allen Classic and the Tour moved it to the fall after the point race was over so the sponsor said FU and we didn't have one in 2006. My club has hosted:

1949 US Junior Amateur
1959 US Women's Amateur
1964 US Open
1976 PGA Championship
1980-86 Kemper Open
1996 US Senior Open
1997 US Open
2005 Booz-Allen Classic
2007 AT&T National
2008 AT&T National
2009 US Amateur
2011 US Open

I don't like hosting because it ruins our courses for much of the summer. My kids also go to camp every summer and we have to actually take vacation time to stay at home. :(