Walsh (D-2) at Duquesne (-27.5) – 4:00 pm
Bucknell at Sacred Heart (-14) – 6:00 pm
East Stroudsburg at Wagner (-20) – 6:00 pm
Merrimack at CCSU (-23.5) – 6:00 pm
SFU (+28) at James Madison – 6:00 pm
LIU (+37.5) at South Dakota St. – 7:00 pm
Bryant (+16.5) at Albany – 7:00 pm

All lines courtesy of 5dimes.eu

Yikes – six of these eight games have 20 or more point spreads, and the closest is a 14 point spread in the Bucknell/SHU matchup. I know anything can happen, but I think I will be watching some other action this Saturday;
Duquesne gets started this week, and at least one AGS poster thinks they should get a higher ranking in the polls: https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?232946-Making-a-case-for-Duquesne - I can’t say I disagree with Ace, and I get his point in terns of what they did last year, but I don’t think NEC teams do themselves any favors scheduling D-2 teams each year. Hopefully the addition of Merrimack and LIU obviates the need to do this in the future;
I thought both RMU and Wagner acquitted themselves quite well last week against FBS teams and makes me anxious to see how they’ll perform this year in the NEC;
Another close SFU/Lehigh game that came down to a missed FG. (By the way – was it me or did the refs blow two FG calls against SFU that looked like they both went through the uprights.) Still debating whether to drive down to JMU for Saturday’s game;
LIU is biggest underdog of the weekend – which is really no surprise given the trip to #3 South Dakota St. Welcome to D-1 football, Sharks.

Last week 7-0

SUPharmacist
September 5th, 2019, 12:07 PM
Robert Morris
Duquesne
Bucknell
Wagner
CCSU
JMU
SDSU
Albany

blackbeard
September 5th, 2019, 02:57 PM
Bobby Mo
Dukes
SHU
Wagner
CCSU
JMU
SD State
And the Bulldogs to nip the Danes

bonarae
September 5th, 2019, 06:46 PM
RMU
Duquesne
Sacred Heart
Wagner
CCSU
JMU
Jackrabbits
Bryant

UAalum72
September 5th, 2019, 09:54 PM
LIU is biggest underdog of the weekend – which is really no surprise given the trip to #3 South Dakota St. Welcome to D-1 football, Pioneers.

Sharks, unless you're talking about Sacred Heart.

RedFlash
September 6th, 2019, 07:46 AM
Sharks, unless you're talking about Sacred Heart.

Thanks for catching that UAalum. I will make the change above. I thought that sounded wrong when I was typing it, so I pulled up the website to check. They still list them as the Pioneers (https://post.liuathletics.com/index.aspx?path=football) but there's also a story on there about their change to the Sharks.

MR. CHICKEN
September 6th, 2019, 11:00 AM
Thanks for catching that UAalum. I will make the change above. I thought that sounded wrong when I was typing it, so I pulled up the website to check. They still list them as the Pioneers (https://post.liuathletics.com/index.aspx?path=football) but there's also a story on there about their change to the Sharks.

....LIU OFFICIAL FOOTBALL PAGE......SHOWS SHARK LOGO.....WHIFF REFERRAL TA TEAM...........AS "FINS"...............AWK!i

ndex.aspx (https://www.liuathletics.com/index.aspx?path=football)

ColonialInsider
September 7th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Hope no one bet actual money on Robert Morris.

Good God what an embarrassing loss.

CHIP72
September 7th, 2019, 05:40 PM
East Stroudsburg, a D2 team that went 2-9 last year, has already put together two long touchdown drives against Wagner and leads the Seahawks 14-7 early in the 2nd quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHIP72
September 7th, 2019, 05:48 PM
Wagner now trails East Stroudsburg 21-7.

CHIP72
September 7th, 2019, 07:32 PM
East Stroudsburg kicks a 45 yard FG with just over a minute left in regulation to take a 10 point lead (24-14) and all but clinch the game. Wagner has no timeouts remaining.

CHIP72
September 7th, 2019, 07:39 PM
Wagner falls to D2 East Stroudsburg 24-14.

Not a good day for the NEC against D2 teams today.

blackbeard
September 7th, 2019, 07:51 PM
Pathetic Saturday - losing to 2 D2 opponents, that had a combined 2 wins in all of 2018.

Robert Morris has had some really embarrassing showings in recent years.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 7th, 2019, 07:52 PM
Wagner falls to D2 East Stroudsburg 24-14.

Not a good day for the NEC against D2 teams today.

Great win for the "Pride of the Poconos"! The Warriors have had some really good teams recently. Not so much recently so this win is surprising....

melloware13
September 7th, 2019, 10:29 PM
Great win for the "Pride of the Poconos"! The Warriors have had some really good teams recently. Not so much recently so this win is surprising....
Last time they were good their current coach was QB (but they couldn't figure out West Chester in the mid 2000's)