PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 2019 Score Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

uofmman1122
September 8th, 2019, 12:27 AM
Can someone explain to me the **** happened to UNA in the second half?
The Griz woke up.

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2019, 12:37 AM
North Alabama is leading Montana 17-16 at halftime.
Looks like North Alabama is actually pretty good. I guess that means that WIU isn't quite so....nope...we still suck.
You don’t even get a consolation knowing UNA at least kept it close.
Montana exploded in the 2nd half.
Final Montana 61 UNA 17

ST_Lawson
September 8th, 2019, 12:42 AM
North Alabama is leading Montana 17-16 at halftime.
Looks like North Alabama is actually pretty good. I guess that means that WIU isn't quite so....nope...we still suck.

Obviously this particular comment did not age well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kperk014
September 8th, 2019, 12:43 AM

The main thing, BY FAR was penalties. The fact that UNA led at halftime was astonishing considering UNA was hit with numerous 15 yard penalties while the griz had zero.
For the game, UNA had 9 penalties for 75 yards (many in game-altering situations). Somewhere in the second half, Montana picked up 2 for 20 yards. Who knows, maybe it didn't effect the outcome.....but it did. How much, no one knows but it did change the outcome to some extent, without a doubt.

Penalties
9-75
2-20

kperk014
September 8th, 2019, 12:45 AM
You don’t even get a consolation knowing UNA at least kept it close.
Montana exploded in the 2nd half.
Final Montana 61 UNA 17

Thanks to extremely one-sided officiating at very crucial moments in the game. The stats bear that out.

uofmman1122
September 8th, 2019, 12:50 AM
Thanks to extremely one-sided officiating at very crucial moments in the game. The stats bear that out.
Six of their nine penalties came in the first half. Lol

They just got completely stomped by a much better team after halftime.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2019, 12:57 AM

You are full of ****. STFU with your dumbass officiating comments now. Hey everyone, the refs gave us 45 2nd 1/2 points. Bank on that one.

UNA is still a good team. They just fell apart in the 2nd 1/2. They are a team to be reckoned with even if they came out on the short end tonight. Very good lines, very good speed, and players all over the place. I don't respect mealy mouthed fan BS but I do respect that team.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2019, 01:09 AM

It's weird for me to say this considering I haven't really been able to in the last decade but at the end of the 2nd qtr. we were starting to get really good push and my friend said "Man, it looks like the Lions are wearing down a bit" and I sort of agreed but thought to myself that just wasn't possible but by midway through the 3rd it really did seem like they had been leaned on by NDSU. xlolx

Sneed seemed a bit indecisive in the 1st 1/2 but right out of the gate in the 2nd 1/2 he was on point.

We played 9 O lineman, a ton of player everywhere really, 4 or 5 running backs, and I think two of them are true freshman but would have to check that. We went deep on the bench for the 4th qtr. and all of the refs scored a TD each for us so UNA just couldn't climb that hill tonight.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2019, 01:35 AM
Looked like they forgot that they had a football team.

CWU is usually no joke when they play up and they are usually a good D2 but man for some reason they really can play up well. One of the Griz closest games of the season a while back was those SOB's and I think we went to the chipper that year....so it was quite a while ago now. xlolx

Went and looked real quick:

Griz won 38-35 9/27/08

This was the same year we went to JMU and beat them in their place by a slightly better score that we had at home against CWU. I'm just sayin...don't know that Idaho is any good but I won't use this game as a mark against them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2019, 05:28 AM
Holy crap, I went to bed and the Griz score is 17-16 at half and look this morning.....xeekx

Must have been a very good halftime pep talk!

Tuna85
September 8th, 2019, 06:41 AM
Griz went in at halftime and made the needed adjustments to disrupt our QB. With offense stymied, our defense suffered some wear and tear. We were unable to counter the adjustments and, well...Katie bar the door. We will go home, having learned a few things, and get better.

TheRevSFA
September 8th, 2019, 07:21 AM
The forgotten game: ACU 66-14 over ACU. They finally scored twice on our freshman. We played 3 QBS and got 703 total yards.

Stop playing NAIA schools

Serpentor
September 8th, 2019, 08:37 AM

If you play an FBS team one week and an NAIA team the next, does that even out to two FCS schools?

JacksFan40
September 8th, 2019, 08:43 AM
If you play an FBS team one week and an NAIA team the next, does that even out to two FCS schools?
No it’d have to be FBS and then a D2 to even it out. NAIA is not very good.

fencer24
September 8th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Griz went in at halftime and made the needed adjustments to disrupt our QB. With offense stymied, our defense suffered some wear and tear. We were unable to counter the adjustments and, well...Katie bar the door. We will go home, having learned a few things, and get better.
I was impressed with the athleticism of your team, they are the real thing. I feel sorry for your opponents going forward.
Er, no, I don't.

BisonBacker
September 8th, 2019, 09:58 AM
Aggies keeping it close to the Bearkats, only down 77-0.
The SHSU game next week will be glorious :D

Tuna85
September 8th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the positive thoughts. I think we are pretty good and would beat most in FCS. Will take us a few years to get competitive with the upper echelon. Hope we can get there by the time we are able to compete for playoffs.

ST_Lawson
September 8th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the positive thoughts. I think we are pretty good and would beat most in FCS. Will take us a few years to get competitive with the upper echelon. Hope we can get there by the time we are able to compete for playoffs.

I wonder if maybe it's just a depth issue. Like...your starters are absolutely "on par" with some of the better FCS teams...but when you have to start subbing out for guys, the talent drops off quite a bit...for now. Another couple of years at the FCS level and you'll have FCS-level talent as your backups as well and shouldn't have "late-game blowups" like yesterday.

That's just a guess though.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2019, 12:38 PM

As I mentioned before you guys are already a damn good team but every once in a while the wheels just come off but I think you can definitely compete with a lot or probably beat a lot of the top 40 or 50 teams. If you set aside the score, in person that was a good looking team and things just got out of hand in the third but I honestly thought it was going to be a very tough go for the Grizzlies the way your talent showed up to play. Your team will be a formidable opponent in your conference this year and going forward I can see how you will guys will be looking to step into the limelight when you are eligible to the playoffs.

Outsider1
September 8th, 2019, 01:32 PM

I wish.... I hate playing an FBS one week and NAIA the next. We are doing ok, but there is no consistent margin of comparison right now. I see things I like so far this year right alongside things that still bother me. I am making the 7 hour drive to Conway next weekend to watch us next to the top of our conference right now. Are we going to stay consistent? Are we going to grow? I know we are pretty good at stopping the run, but our secondary is still suspect even with some improvements and depth.

Tuna85
September 8th, 2019, 03:19 PM
I wonder if maybe it's just a depth issue. Like...your starters are absolutely "on par" with some of the better FCS teams...but when you have to start subbing out for guys, the talent drops off quite a bit...for now. Another couple of years at the FCS level and you'll have FCS-level talent as your backups as well and shouldn't have "late-game blowups" like yesterday.

That's just a guess though.
I would guess depth has something to do with it. I believe we are taking the correct path as we are going forward. Steel sharpens steel and playing the tougher teams will make us a better team. Why I look forward to games with NDSU, WIU, Montana, etc... The four year process to become playoff eligible is a pain but we are not the first to have to jump that hurdle.

Tuna85
September 8th, 2019, 03:34 PM
As I mentioned before you guys are already a damn good team but every once in a while the wheels just come off but I think you can definitely compete with a lot or probably beat a lot of the top 40 or 50 teams. If you set aside the score, in person that was a good looking team and things just got out of hand in the third but I honestly thought it was going to be a very tough go for the Grizzlies the way your talent showed up to play. Your team will be a formidable opponent in your conference this year and going forward I can see how you will guys will be looking to step into the limelight when you are eligible to the playoffs.
Wheels definitely went rolling every which way last night. That being said, we do have a pretty good team; sure last night's result will prove to be the exception to the rule. NDSU, WIU and Montana are the standard of the types of teams we look forward to playing. Can't go into those types of environments without believing you can find a way to come out with a win. We believe. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Wheels definitely went rolling every which way last night. That being said, we do have a pretty good team; sure last night's result will prove to be the exception to the rule. NDSU, WIU and Montana are the standard of the types of teams we look forward to playing. Can't go into those types of environments without believing you can find a way to come out with a win. We believe. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Hell I watched the same thing to the Griz last year against UND. They weren't a superior team in the fashion the score indicated and we helped them out a bit and they were good enough to take those opportunities and make us pay. It happens man. I think that was last year but it's a bad memory so I don't give it a high priority in my RAM.:D

kdinva
September 8th, 2019, 06:50 PM
The FSU "jinx/trouble" was a part of Hampton's 36-17 loss to D2 Virginia Union. Hampton's QB is FSU transfer Francois.....xdrunkyx

Tuna85
September 8th, 2019, 08:22 PM
Every so often I reckon every team manages to stub their toe along the way. 'Course I would have preferred to have been under the spread with our stub for a bit of consolation.