PDA

View Full Version : The Big Game: UND @ NDSU

Pages : [1] 2

geaux_sioux
September 4th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Should be much more competitive than last time we met. Still concerned about the trenches. We shall see what their fr qb is made of, our DC will be sending pressure from all angles.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2019, 12:23 PM
Should be much more competitive than last time we met. Still concerned about the trenches. We shall see what their fr qb is made of, our DC will be sending pressure from all angles.You going to the game???

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2019, 12:26 PM
Should be much more competitive than last time we met. Still concerned about the trenches. We shall see what their fr qb is made of, our DC will be sending pressure from all angles.

Two very contradicting statements right there.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 12:31 PM
NDSU by at least 4 TDs.

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2019, 12:32 PM
NDSU by at least 4 TDs.

Will be disappointed if it's only by 4 TDs.

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 12:33 PM
4 or 5 sounds about right

Could be 6 or 7 if NDSU wanted though.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TheRevSFA
September 4th, 2019, 12:40 PM
I thought the big game was the Dakota Marker?

POD Knows
September 4th, 2019, 12:44 PM
The big game is our annual playoff beat down on SDSU.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Will be disappointed if it's only by 4 TDs.

*At least*

I'm just covering my ass in case you guys decide to embarrass me.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2019, 12:47 PM
This game will be closer than you think and I am never wrong about this kind of stuff. xnodx

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2019, 12:49 PM

You will notice who posted the thread and who named it as such.

Bison56
September 4th, 2019, 12:53 PM
It's only a "big game" for 1 school.

geaux_sioux
September 4th, 2019, 12:55 PM
You going to the game???
I am unable to attend this time, pretty bummed about it. I’ll be coaching during and relying on a self imposed media blackout and TiVo session later in the day.

- - - Updated - - -

This game will be closer than you think and I am never wrong about this kind of stuff. xnodx

Book it?

- - - Updated - - -

It's only a "big game" for 1 school.

That’s funny. Denial is a strange thing.

F'N Hawks
September 4th, 2019, 01:53 PM
NDSU by at least 4 TDs.

Sources tell me you can still be heard chanting "SLC, SLC, SLC..."

F'N Hawks
September 4th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Personally, I am much more concerned about the home game vs. Sam Houston next week. Need to win that one.

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2019, 03:07 PM

You want to be reminded of the conversation we had about the Butler game at dinner AND lunch drinks on the roof of Cowboy Jacks? xlolx

Gil Dobie
September 4th, 2019, 03:14 PM
It's a bigger game for UND. A win would give them a lot of cred, a loss and everyone says, oh well it was expected. A loss for NDSU, young team, new coach, still early in the season, let's concentrate on the MVFC.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 03:23 PM
If I'm NDSU, I'm looking ahead to Delaware.

Gil Dobie
September 4th, 2019, 03:28 PM
Neaux Peauxll Geaux?

IBleedYellow
September 4th, 2019, 03:53 PM
If I'm NDSU, I'm looking ahead to Delaware.

Thankfully that's not how our program works.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2019, 03:57 PM
You want to be reminded of the conversation we had about the Butler game at dinner AND lunch drinks on the roof of Cowboy Jacks? xlolxYea, I missed the final score by a little bit, yea, I was off my game a little. xdrunkyx

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Thankfully that's not how our program works.

Why would you guys prep for a bye week?

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 04:16 PM
Why would you guys prep for a bye week?
Because they've seen programs like UNI lose more than a few times to bye.

JSUSoutherner
September 4th, 2019, 04:17 PM
Because they've seen programs like UNI lose more than a few times to bye.

Yeah well when Farley is on the sideline anything is possible I suppose.

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2019, 04:33 PM
Yea, I missed the final score by a little bit, yea, I was off my game a little. xdrunkyx

Just a little bit.

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2019, 04:53 PM
Now if only I could find a ticket that was under 180 for a seat. xlolx

F'N Hawks
September 4th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Look a little harder. Their available for $100-125 and dropping on Craigslist.

BisonFan02
September 4th, 2019, 05:14 PM
Raise a banner....beat their asses by 5+ scores....stay healthy....move on. **** em.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Kind of surprised it took until Wednesday for this thread. Wonder if it will turn into the inevitable sh**show?

For the Bison, keep their foot on the pedal, do not let up. NDSU is better on both lines so take advantage of it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2019, 05:19 PM
Look a little harder. Their available for $100-125 and dropping on Craigslist.

Still more than season tickets for you guys, right?

F'N Hawks
September 4th, 2019, 05:19 PM
Still more than season tickets for you guys, right?

Way more.

POD Knows
September 4th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Raise a banner....beat their asses by 5+ scores....stay healthy....move on. **** em.If we only win by 10, I am going on the field (5 safeties X 5)

caribbeanhen
September 4th, 2019, 05:35 PM
North Dakota # 15 on Massey

TheKingpin28
September 4th, 2019, 05:48 PM
Look a little harder. Their available for $100-125 and dropping on Craigslist.Haven't used craigslist in damn near a long time.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

SUPharmacist
September 4th, 2019, 06:18 PM
Raise a banner....beat their asses by 5+ scores....stay healthy....move on. **** em.

Now there is the proper outlook. I will be stuck at work for this one, but hope to check the score after and decide it is a big enough blowout that it is not worth my time to watch it (I of course will watch it after deciding that, because I will never tire of seeing NDSU blow the doors off of teams).

dewey
September 4th, 2019, 10:24 PM

Sorry. Had I known you were looking for one I could have gotten one for you for $75.

Did you look on Bisonville?

Dewey

dewey
September 4th, 2019, 10:25 PM

AMEN!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
September 5th, 2019, 05:42 AM
Sorry. Had I known you were looking for one I could have gotten one for you for $75.

Did you look on Bisonville?

DeweyReplied to you PM. I venture through it from time to time, but I do not ardently seek it out.

Thundar
September 5th, 2019, 08:59 AM
with the difference in overall size of the lines this game will not be close, it will probably be a good 1st half bt no way UND matches up physically all game

45-14 NDSU

geaux_sioux
September 5th, 2019, 09:31 AM
with the difference in overall size of the lines this game will not be close, it will probably be a good 1st half bt no way UND matches up physically all game

45-14 NDSU
Looking forward to seeing Mason Bennett vs your OL. Think they’ll be cocky enough to leave him 1 on 1?

POD Knows
September 5th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Looking forward to seeing Mason Bennett vs your OL. Think they’ll be cocky enough to leave him 1 on 1?Don't know, how did NDSU handle PJ Hall with SHSU when they played in Fargo, the guy was invisible. I don't think they double teamed him.

geaux_sioux
September 5th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Don't know, how did NDSU handle PJ Hall with SHSU when they played in Fargo, the guy was invisible. I don't think they double teamed him.
Sounds like it will be a Clean Victory to me. Gives me the jitters just thinking about it.

JSUSoutherner
September 5th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Don't know, how did NDSU handle PJ Hall with SHSU when they played in Fargo, the guy was invisible. I don't think they double teamed him.

And PJ Hall was a real beast.

POD Knows
September 5th, 2019, 09:51 AM
Sounds like it will be a Clean Victory to me. Gives me the jitters just thinking about it.I didn't say it was going to be a clean victory and have stated that I think the game is going to be closer than some imagine but if you think that ONE D player is going to make a difference against NDSU, you are dreaming.

clenz
September 5th, 2019, 09:59 AM
NDSU has handled guys like Ronell McNeil, Rickey Neal Jr, Karter Schult, etc. while dealing with 2 or 3 other All Conference/All American DL on the same line at the same time pretty well the last 6 years

I'm sure they'll be okay blocking your guy

Thundar
September 5th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Looking forward to seeing Mason Bennett vs your OL. Think they’ll be cocky enough to leave him 1 on 1?

lol...yeah i bet they can handle

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2019, 10:55 AM

Good player but I'll take Dillion Radunz or Volson 1 on 1 versus Bennett every time.

- - - Updated - - -

NDSU has handled guys like Ronell McNeil, Rickey Neal Jr, Karter Schult, etc. while dealing with 2 or 3 other All Conference/All American DL on the same line at the same time pretty well the last 6 years

I'm sure they'll be okay blocking your guy

Xavier William's was one tough dude to block.

POD Knows
September 5th, 2019, 11:03 AM

I'm sure they'll be okay blocking your guyWe didn't handle your nose tackle too well, at least that is my memory, I mean, nightmare of that situation.

clenz
September 5th, 2019, 11:09 AM
We didn't handle your nose tackle too well, at least that is my memory, I mean, nightmare of that situation.
Yeah - the talent on the UNI DL the last decade is crazy. Most will see our LB groups and think that is the strength but so often they get to make plays because guys like Ben Boothby, Xavier Williams, Bryce Douglas, Seth Thomas (who is now a DE), Everette Pediscleaux (you never faced), and now Jared Brinkman and Tim Butcher have been manning the DT/NT spots and eating 2 defenders while guys like Rickey, Ronnell, Karter, Ellerson Smith, etc. speed rush the edge

Long story short to relate it back to the game that matters - given how NDSU has done against UNI, Iowa, SDSU, Kansas State, etc. I think they can handle the UND guy

IBleedYellow
September 5th, 2019, 12:23 PM
Yeah - the talent on the UNI DL the last decade is crazy. Most will see our LB groups and think that is the strength but so often they get to make plays because guys like Ben Boothby, Xavier Williams, Bryce Douglas, Seth Thomas (who is now a DE), Everette Pediscleaux (you never faced), and now Jared Brinkman and Tim Butcher have been manning the DT/NT spots and eating 2 defenders while guys like Rickey, Ronnell, Karter, Ellerson Smith, etc. speed rush the edge

Long story short to relate it back to the game that matters - given how NDSU has done against UNI, Iowa, SDSU, Kansas State, etc. I think they can handle the UND guy

Thankfully Farley can't get out of his own way on the offensive side of the ball.

POD Knows
September 5th, 2019, 12:35 PM

This is balls on, it is very easy to marginalize one guy if that is all you have.

Thumper 76
September 5th, 2019, 01:37 PM
. Still concerned about the trenches. We shall see what their fr qb is made of, our DC will be sending pressure from all angles.

Not talking smack even a little. The first statement is a very unfortunate thing to have going into a game with ndsu. Really any top Valley team, but specifically ndsu.

The second part I’m curious to see. The first step will be slowing the run game enough to make him make plays. If that doesn’t happen he’s going to look great again IMO. If it does and you’re able to get pressure on him, then we’ll see what he’s made of. I’m not willing to bet on that happening at this point though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abc123
September 5th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Not talking smack even a little. The first statement is a very unfortunate thing to have going into a game with ndsu. Really any top Valley team, but specifically ndsu.

The second part I’m curious to see. The first step will be slowing the run game enough to make him make plays. If that doesn’t happen he’s going to look great again IMO. If it does and you’re able to get pressure on him, then we’ll see what he’s made of. I’m not willing to bet on that happening at this point though.

A big if... but if the DL, which is a inexperienced, can do their job by just taking up blockers, UND will be able to get pressure sending their typical an extra LB or two from their 3-4 alignment. The back 8 overall have a lot of experience and will be able handle their own, but as is the necessity of the 3-4, will be reliant on the front 3 to do their job. Will be interesting to see if they try to spy the QB in passing situations and which guy they pick to do that with.

On the flip side, the starting QB being out won't change UND's gameplan much but will lead to different decisions. The backup is more of a gunslinger and will likely take a few more chances. UND does have a decent height advantage at WR vs. NDSU's defensive backs, so maybe some jump balls won't be the worst thing. Not sure if UND will be able to run the ball, but the new offense uses a fair amount of swing passes and quick throws as an extension of the run game, so I'm not as concerned about the OL/DL match up there. But again, quick decisions by the backup is the concern.

If the OL for NDSU has their way with the UND line, game over and they will just grind it out. If UND gets an average performance out of their DL, it will be a decent game.

F'N Hawks
September 5th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Defensive line play is overrated in a 3-4. Its a total team effort up front because the two OLB's are basically on the line, as well. The twisting and stunting is what needs to be effective so the big OL can't lean directly on them all game.

clenz
September 5th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Defensive line play is overrated in a 3-4. Its a total team effort up front because the two OLB's are basically on the line, as well. The twisting and stunting is what needs to be effective so the big OL can't lean directly on them all game.
1. Defensive line play is literally never overrated - take it from someone that is a fan of a team that runs a 3 man front as it's base. I know you won't care but I sent an pretty long dissertation over a stunt/twist/slant that UNI ran against Iowa State that freed up 2 free rushers that hit their QB on a throw and caused the in completion to a few other AGS members. DL play matters

2. You say it's DL play is over overrated but then talk about how even though line play is overrated the play of the quality of the plays the defensive line runs is effective.

I don't get you my dude.

F'N Hawks
September 5th, 2019, 05:10 PM
1. Defensive line play is literally never overrated - take it from someone that is a fan of a team that runs a 3 man front as it's base. I know you won't care but I sent an pretty long dissertation over a stunt/twist/slant that UNI ran against Iowa State that freed up 2 free rushers that hit their QB on a throw and caused the in completion to a few other AGS members. DL play matters

2. You say it's DL play is over overrated but then talk about how even though line play is overrated the play of the quality of the plays the defensive line runs is effective.

I don't get you my dude.

UND started two true freshman that were smaller than the ILBs last time they played. 230 pounds. And NDSU had 115 yards rushing on 41 carries.

It's the twisting and stunting that makes the plays in UNDs version. They purposely recruit undersized defensive lineman that are quicker and try to beat with movements.

F'N Hawks
September 5th, 2019, 05:12 PM
By makes plays I mean creates problems on assignments for the OL and frees up the OLB and ILB. Not always but it can. Philosophy thing for them.

Derby City Duke
September 5th, 2019, 05:22 PM
NDSU by a lot; Bison D + new UND starting QB = mayhem for the Hawks.

Game decided by the 10 minute mark of 2nd quarter.

WeAreThePride
September 5th, 2019, 11:23 PM
NDSU can and should name its score. Unfortunately, we’re too gracious. We’ll take the foot off the throttle when we’re up by 28 in the 3rd quarter.

WeAreThePride
September 5th, 2019, 11:29 PM
LOL. I sure hope your recruiting staff feels the same way. We’ll rush for 700 yards a game on you.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2019, 06:16 AM

xlolx

Really?

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2019, 07:19 AM
xlolx

Really?

Really. It doesn't need to be the best part of the defense but it needs to be effective within the scheme. Hence, UND rarely having dominant DL but typically ranking fairly high in rushing yards allowed and sacks & tfl.

But, they also rank very low in passing yards allowed so they out their DBs in 1-1 situations alot.

But I know Clenz got his PHD in "3-4 defensive linery", which I am sure took into account all the variations of how it can be run. The way UND runs it is different than other 3-4's.

POD Knows
September 6th, 2019, 07:26 AM
UND started two true freshman that were smaller than the ILBs last time they played. 230 pounds. And NDSU had 115 yards rushing on 41 carries.

It's the twisting and stunting that makes the plays in UNDs version. They purposely recruit undersized defensive lineman that are quicker and try to beat with movements.Your LB corp back in 2015 appears to have been light years better than what you have at LB this year or am I missing something.

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2019, 07:35 AM
Your LB corp back in 2015 appears to have been light years better than what you have at LB this year or am I missing something.

Yes, Will Ratelle is not around and he made a ton of plays in that game. But, they are a better LB Corp overall this year.

clenz
September 6th, 2019, 08:05 AM
But I know Clenz got his PHD in "3-4 defensive linery", which I am sure took into account all the variations of how it can be run. The way UND runs it is different than other 3-4's.
DL play in a 3-4 is exponentially more important that a 4 man front because there are more OL with a free release.

You realize the quality of stunts/games is all about the quality of DL play, right?

I played DL in a 3 man front in college. I played against 3-3-5, 3-4 and a 3-5-3 in high school. A 3 man front isn't new to anyone.

Yes, a 3 man front involes many more games than a 4 man front typically does. To say that the quality of play out of the DL during those games doesn't matter is just ****ing stupid.

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2019, 08:14 AM
DL play in a 3-4 is exponentially more important that a 4 man front because there are more OL with a free release.

You realize the quality of stunts/games is all about the quality of DL play, right?

I played DL in a 3 man front in college. I played against 3-3-5, 3-4 and a 3-5-3 in high school. A 3 man front isn't new to anyone.

Yes, a 3 man front involes many more games than a 4 man front typically does. To say that the quality of play out of the DL during those games doesn't matter is just ****ing stupid.

Who said it doesn't matter? My point is people are making way too big of a deal out of UND having 230 and 240 lb defensive lineman. It's not that important to have a dominant, massive defensive line the way they run their defense.

clenz
September 6th, 2019, 08:20 AM
Who said it doesn't matter?
YOU ****ING DID!

Literally your ****ing words were the play of a defensive line is overrated

That's what started this whole ****ing thing

geaux_sioux
September 6th, 2019, 08:45 AM
Your LB corp back in 2015 appears to have been light years better than what you have at LB this year or am I missing something.

I would say that the 2015 LB was better than our current one. Our starting 4 was awesome that year, and we had a couple really solid backups as well. That’s not to say our lbs this year aren’t really good, just not to that level, yet.

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2019, 08:48 AM
YOU ****ING DID!

Literally your ****ing words were the play of a defensive line is overrated

That's what started this whole ****ing thing

you need help, you are a narcissist. my gawd.

All we heard about all week is "how could UND's D-line possibly hold up vs these monsters on the NDSU OL". I stated that DL play is overrated and being blown out of proportion in this game because its a sum of the parts the way UND runs their 3-4. Then I went on to explain why in detail, with examples. At no point did I say that DL play doesn't matter. I stated that its NOT NEARLY as important as the simpleton's on this board are making it.

nodak651
September 6th, 2019, 09:22 AM
I think the pass rush will be fine, but how is stunts/twisting supposed to stop bigger/stronger/faster OL from smashing the ball through our nose tackles teeth? Our line is too small to stop NDSU's power run game.

Professor Chaos
September 6th, 2019, 09:34 AM
you need help, you are a narcissist. my gawd.

All we heard about all week is "how could UND's D-line possibly hold up vs these monsters on the NDSU OL". I stated that DL play is overrated and being blown out of proportion in this game because its a sum of the parts the way UND runs their 3-4. Then I went on to explain why in detail, with examples. At no point did I say that DL play doesn't matter. I stated that its NOT NEARLY as important as the simpleton's on this board are making it.
So what you're saying is that those who said that NDSU's size advantage on the O-line over UND's D-line are overrating the importance of that size advantage. That's a lot different than the blanket "D-line play is overrated in the 3-4" statement you threw out there.

Now I'll say that if UND's NG is getting pushed 3-4 yards off the ball on every run play it's going to be a long day for their defense. That's not a guarantee when there's a size advantage on the O-line but I'm pretty sure that's what those who have referenced that size advantage are getting at.

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2019, 09:42 AM
So what you're saying is that those who said that NDSU's size advantage on the O-line over UND's D-line are overrating the importance of that size advantage. That's a lot different than the blanket "D-line play is overrated in the 3-4" statement you threw out there.

Now I'll say that if UND's NG is getting pushed 3-4 yards off the ball on every run play it's going to be a long day for their defense. That's not a guarantee when there's a size advantage on the O-line but I'm pretty sure that's what those who have referenced that size advantage are getting at.

If I had written (which I explained 20 times later) "D-Line play is overrated in the 3-4 THE WAY UND RUNS IT" - would you guys be OK now?

The opposing offensive line has a massive size advantage vs. UND 11 games a year. This is no different and the play of the linebackers and safeties will be more important than the play of the defensive line, IMO.

F'N Hawks
September 6th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Now, if UND gives up 300 yards rushing and everything is all out of sorts up front then we can revisit my comments, by all means.

I don't think that's going to happen and history is on my side but we will see.

dewey
September 6th, 2019, 09:50 AM
5dimes has the betting line at NDSU -31.5 with an over /under at 51.

https://www.5dimes.eu/odds/search/North-Dakota-State

NDSU 41
GFCC 10

UND had better load the box to stop the run game and force Lance to beat them with his arm. This is no different than teams did against Stick for a couple of years and I am sure NDSU will know how to counter that.

Nothing like having another banner raising against the Siouxage.

Go Bison!

Dewey

nodak651
September 6th, 2019, 09:52 AM

Most UND fans were hoping that we would pick up a Juco or FBS drop down at NG. I'm extremely worried about not having a big enough nose tackle, especially after hearing Geaux preach so much over the years about how important it is that the NT in a 3-4 be a big mean hog.

Professor Chaos
September 6th, 2019, 09:55 AM
If I had written (which I explained 20 times later) "D-Line play is overrated in the 3-4 THE WAY UND RUNS IT" - would you guys be OK now?

The opposing offensive line has a massive size advantage vs. UND 11 games a year. This is no different and the play of the linebackers and safeties will be more important than the play of the defensive line, IMO.
At this point I don't really care how you originally wrote it now that I understand what you were getting at.

But I'll counter by saying that NDSU runs a unique offense to college football in general and you're not going to beat them if you can't at least hold your own in the trenches. You can do that with LBs supplementing your D-line to a certain extent but you're going to open yourself to getting gashed through the air if that happens. UND's D-line is used to playing undersized but you can get away with that versus offenses that put less emphasis on the power run game than NDSU does (which is pretty much every other college offense in the country). Every loss NDSU has taken since 2011 has come from teams that out-phyiscalled them or held their own physically with the NDSU in the trenches. It's a simple strategy in theory but much harder to execute which is why NDSU has won 113 of their last 121 games.

Scooter
September 6th, 2019, 12:12 PM
I expect UND to come after Trey Lance with every stunt they can think of. I want to see what this kid can do under pressure. The two guys I will be watching is linemen Nash Jensen and Karson Schoening. If they can adjust to the style of blitzing that UND does it should be a good day for NDSU. RB Dimitri Williams performance last week put to rest some concerns about replacing Dunn and Anderson, especially after the ACL injury to Wilson in the spring. He looks much stronger than last season and continues to be a rock solid blocking back that can also line up in the slot. He will be an X factor in every game. The TE group for NDSU are the best I have seen.

NDSU wins this one.

Schism55
September 6th, 2019, 01:21 PM
The talent disparity says this should be a 5 TD Bison win, however this being the rivalry game it is, banner raising, first home game. I'm guessing this will be a 21-24 point NDSU win.

nodak651
September 6th, 2019, 03:55 PM
The talent disparity says this should be a 5 TD Bison win, however this being the rivalry game it is, banner raising, first home game. I'm guessing this will be a 21-24 point NDSU win.

I'm really hoping the talking point that only UND thinks it is a rivalry is true...

Hambone
September 6th, 2019, 04:23 PM
While I'm hopeful this could be a good game that goes down to the wire, I'd say we end up with about a 35-13 NDSU win. I think UND does get more than 61 yards of offense this time too..... xthumbsupx

kab
September 6th, 2019, 05:13 PM
I’m sure all the P5 conferences will be watching this game to come up with reasons not to invite or play ndsac in the future.
enough , let’s just play the game and see what happens

BisonFan02
September 6th, 2019, 05:35 PM
I’m sure all the P5 conferences will be watching this game to come up with reasons not to invite or play ndsac in the future.

Nice hot take there skippy. xlolx

clenz
September 6th, 2019, 05:43 PM
enough , let’s just play the game and see what happensI'm thinking they'll watch to see this 3-4 magical defense where the quality of players and play if the players doesn't matter.

Professor Chaos
September 6th, 2019, 08:57 PM
I'm really hoping the talking point that only UND thinks it is a rivalry is true...
I'd be very surprised if the UND players consider it a rivalry.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2019, 09:59 PM

Wow, that is some critical thought....xrolleyesx

Christiank22
September 6th, 2019, 11:25 PM
This is going to be very similar to NDSU vs bottom/mid valley team, iffy first quarter and a completely dominant 2nd through 4th. I really don’t understand the hype behind UND to make this competitive

dewey
September 7th, 2019, 03:02 AM
Gameday and banner raising!

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190907/0508626a33d8909bf356ce0ce4af74ab.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190907/607004f18b8e9e01630825a0b3ad6c94.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Home opener!! Finally!!

Looking forward to a Bison curb stomping!!

48-12 Bison. UND is held to under 200 total yards.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2019, 07:08 AM

You could say this about any defense.....all the levels are important and one is not the most.

But every coach says "it starts in the trenches".......

nodak651
September 7th, 2019, 08:12 AM
This is going to be very similar to NDSU vs bottom/mid valley team, iffy first quarter and a completely dominant 2nd through 4th. I really don’t understand the hype behind UND to make this competitive

What hype? UND isn't ranked and there is a 30 point spread... of course people who support UND will be hopeful.

nodak651
September 7th, 2019, 08:15 AM
I'd be very surprised if the UND players consider it a rivalry.

If they don't, you know they have to at least have one hell of a chip on their shoulder with the media attention and success that NDSU has had, while they get mostly ignored. A good showing in this game is badly needed to build hype for the program.

SDFS
September 7th, 2019, 09:30 AM
I think NDSU runs right the 270 NG. Then UND run blitz to stop the power running game and NDSU QB and short passing game opens things up. I think we have seen this before. UND DL is not ready for NDSU at this point. NDSU by a bunch and I don't this one is close at all. As a Sioux fan all I can do is wish for the best.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2019, 09:40 AM
I think NDSU runs right the 270 NG. Then UND run blitz to stop the power running game and NDSU QB and short passing game opens things up. I think we have seen this before. UND DL is not ready for NDSU at this point. NDSU by a bunch and I don't this one is close at all. As a Sioux fan all I can do is wish for the best.

This doesn't happen according to Fn Hawks.

UND will make some plays on defense. Where they are going to win the game is on offense. Can they move the ball? NDSU's defense will get better as the season goes on but early on they will make some mistakes with the new personal. Can UND take advantage of that? 1st game for Zimmerman in the dome. Can he handle the noise?

Will UND throw the kitchen sink at the Bison? Trick plays? I think they will.

Bison do nothing fancy. Run the ball and play great defense. UND knows what is coming. Can they stop it?

geaux_sioux
September 7th, 2019, 09:47 AM
This doesn't happen according to Fn Hawks.

UND will make some plays on defense. Where they are going to win the game is on offense. Can they move the ball? NDSU's defense will get better as the season goes on but early on they will make some mistakes with the new personal. Can UND take advantage of that? 1st game for Zimmerman in the dome. Can he handle the noise?

Will UND throw the kitchen sink at the Bison? Trick plays? I think they will.

Bison do nothing fancy. Run the ball and play great defense. UND knows what is coming. Can they stop it?

I swear to God, if we go into teh Fargo Loaf and attempt to call out multiple audibles at the line of scrimmage on offense again I will lose it. I’m counting on the offensive gameplan being way better this time around.

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2019, 09:55 AM
If they don't, you know they have to at least have one hell of a chip on their shoulder with the media attention and success that NDSU has had, while they get mostly ignored. A good showing in this game is badly needed to build hype for the program.

They get mostly ignored by their own alumni first and foremost. Drop the puck right boys! :D

POD Knows
September 7th, 2019, 10:04 AM
I swear to God, if we go into teh Fargo Loaf and attempt to call out multiple audibles at the line of scrimmage on offense again I will lose it. I’m counting on the offensive gameplan being way better this time around.OMG, please do that again, go in the shotgun and audible the **** out of it. xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2019, 10:08 AM
I swear to God, if we go into teh Fargo Loaf and attempt to call out multiple audibles at the line of scrimmage on offense again I will lose it. I’m counting on the offensive gameplan being way better this time around.

I'm sure the silent count was worked on hard this week. First time in the noise is always problematic for teams.

Get the ball to Wanzek and the WR corp. NDSU has a good back 4 so this will be a good matchup. I'm expecting a lot of the short passing game from UND.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2019, 10:09 AM
OMG, please do that again, go in the shotgun and audible the **** out of it. xnodx

You going to be pacing the isle over there where you sit?

:D

POD Knows
September 7th, 2019, 10:24 AM
You going to be pacing the isle over there where you sit?

:D
Hopefully not but I stood during the Butler game and paced during that one so probably.

Bisonator
September 7th, 2019, 11:12 AM
38-13 GO BISON! Buck the fawkers!

nodak651
September 7th, 2019, 12:09 PM
They get mostly ignored by their own alumni first and foremost. Drop the puck right boys! :D

Sad but true.

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 01:13 PM
42-10 NDSU

TennBison
September 7th, 2019, 01:39 PM
Lightning and Thunder 42- Hockey Player Wannabees 10

F'N Hawks
September 7th, 2019, 01:49 PM
Hairy Cows 31
Birds 13

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 02:39 PM
NDSU is moving the ball with consistency.

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 02:41 PM
Damn Mathis is tall! 6-6.

TheKingpin28
7-0 NDSU

11:14 left in the 1st.

Daytripper
That was too easy.. Come on, UND, make it a game.

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 02:42 PM
This ****s over

gregatim
September 7th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Defensive line play isn't important xcoffeex

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Lee Timmerman, do not sound so disappointed that your school is about to get their doors blown off.

Bison56
September 7th, 2019, 02:52 PM
Lee Timmerman, do not sound so disappointed that your school is about to get their doors blown off.

Need to get rid of him. Never liked him, never will.

344Johnson
September 7th, 2019, 02:57 PM
UND's offense is trash

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 02:57 PM
UND's offense is trash

Football program*

Drblankstare
September 7th, 2019, 02:58 PM
Most the Bison fans at my watch party are worried that we’ve been throwing the ball deep too much. Lol wtf

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 02:58 PM
UND's offense is trash

Football program*

school*

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 02:59 PM
school*

Truth

Drblankstare
I mean I understand in a way, but Trey has the arm use it. Very much a 3 yards and a cloud of dust group

CassBison
UND's lines are getting blown up pretty much every play. It's not even close

Bison56
school*

city*

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 03:00 PM
I mean I understand in a way, but Trey has the arm use it. Very much a 3 yards and a cloud of dust group

Are these the same people that were frustrated when Wentz would pick apart a defense?

Bison56
September 7th, 2019, 03:01 PM
UND's lines are getting blown up pretty much every play. It's not even close

Well D line doesnt matterxcoffeex

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Are these the same people that were frustrated when Wentz would pick apart a defense?

Something something overrated something something hockey

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Humber has some bling!

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 03:06 PM
Trey Lance is manhandling GFCC!

14-0 NDSU

:34 left in the 1st Q.

No_Skill
September 7th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Hot knife through melted butter.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Only 14-0?

Garbage.

Bison56
September 7th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Hot knife through melted butter.

Through air

gregatim
September 7th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Defensive line play isn't important xcoffeex

if we keep saying it it will become true xdrunkyx

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 03:10 PM
Only 14-0?

Garbage.

Only given up 6 Zenners of Offense so far.

POD Knows
September 7th, 2019, 03:11 PM
UND has more total yards in the first quarter than they had in the entire first half the last time they were in town. Come on D, step it up.

Drblankstare
September 7th, 2019, 03:15 PM

Lol, in their defense a lot of these guys played 9 man football in high school, the forward pass was a trick play for them

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 03:16 PM
Captain obvious to the rescue.

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 03:21 PM
NDSU decides to not play defense and give up 7.

14-7 NDSU

9:20 left in the 2nd Q.

JSUSoutherner
September 7th, 2019, 03:22 PM
NDSU decides to not play defense and give up 7.

14-7 NDSU

9:20 left in the 2nd Q.

Garbage. Fix it.

344Johnson
September 7th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Seemed like UND pulled out all the stops there

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Garbage. Fix it.

It's quite pathetic.

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Trey Lance is an animal. BisoNation is blessed to have this man under center for 4 years.

CassBison
September 7th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Seemed like UND pulled out all the stops there
That is their only chance at succeding this game. No huddle, deception, and a trick play or two.

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 03:34 PM
21-7 NDSU

4:44 left in the 2nd Q.

Trey Lance is playing like a seasoned college QB out there.

centennial
September 7th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Is Trey Lance our whole offense? BTW sup everyone.

F'N Hawks
September 7th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Going around the outside on UND anytime they want. The OLBs and safeties are playing poorly.

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Damn, that's a huge blow to lose Hendricks.

caribbeanhen
September 7th, 2019, 03:39 PM
21-7 NDSU

4:44 left in the 2nd Q.

Trey Lance is playing like a seasoned college QB out there.

lucky you got him out of Alabama's hands......

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 03:40 PM
lucky you got him out of Alabama's hands......

Lol Alabama.... I’m more worried about the nfl

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 04:14 PM
You never throw off the back foot. Doing it on back to back plays, leads to INTs. Solid defensive series for the Bison.

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 04:21 PM
24-7 NDSU

344Johnson
September 7th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Und is not good at football

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 04:31 PM
Trey Lance is picking apart this GFCC defense.

31-7 NDSU

4:56 left in the 3rd Q.

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 04:52 PM
Trey Lance with another TD.

38-7 NDSU

9:23 left in the 4th Q.

Silenoz
September 7th, 2019, 04:54 PM
lol

And some people actually tried to sandbag and claim that FCS was gonna be competitive at the top this year

gregatim
September 7th, 2019, 04:54 PM
Is defensive line play important yet? Asking for a friend.

CassBison
September 7th, 2019, 04:55 PM
Obviously, the answer is no. xlolx

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Tutsie with his 2nd INT of the game.

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2019, 04:59 PM
lol

And some people actually tried to sandbag and claim that FCS was gonna be competitive at the top this year

This makes the assumption that GFCC is on par with NDSU.

F'N Hawks
September 7th, 2019, 05:04 PM

You think DL is the issue for UND in this one? Least of their worries. The outside stuff is what got all the yards.

Bisonator
September 7th, 2019, 05:06 PM
lol

What's that have to do with UND?xlolx

gregatim
September 7th, 2019, 05:12 PM
You think DL is the issue for UND in this one? Least of their worries. The outside stuff is what got all the yards.

perhaps that had something to do with the need to cover up the deficiencies of the dline and selling out against inside runs.

- - - Updated - - -

perhaps that had something to do with the need to cover up the deficiencies of the dline and selling out against inside runs.

gregatim
September 7th, 2019, 05:15 PM
Four years later and the gap is still getting wider.

couple of observations where UND did excel:

1. Taking the crowd out of the game
2. Running the clock out at the end of the game

shore up everything in between and I honestly think UND makes the playoffs xcoffeex

F'N Hawks

- - - Updated - - -

Heard you the first time...lol.

Anywho, I expected more from their older guys on defense. Knew the offense would struggle but defense was way too weak off ends.

TheKingpin28
How does NDSU give up 17 Zenners to GFCC?

Oh well, 38-7 is a solid win for NDSU. Not too far off of my 42-10 prediction.

Silenoz
September 7th, 2019, 05:23 PM
This makes the assumption that GFCC is on par with NDSU.
No, it makes the assumption that UND is closer to the rest of the pack than NDSU is

gregatim
September 7th, 2019, 05:31 PM
Heard you the first time...lol.

Anywho, I expected more from their older guys on defense. Knew the offense would struggle but defense was way too weak off ends.

it was worth repeating lol, not sure how or why it was double posted

IBleedYellow
September 7th, 2019, 05:35 PM
Now I can make 38-7 jokes about UND and the Vikings.

Also. UND just as bad as I thought.

Please give Bubba a lifetime contract.

IBleedYellow
September 7th, 2019, 06:25 PM
You can't make this **** up.

Their official mascot.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190907/9622d77a481a21c13feb240e87cdeb2f.jpg

Bisonator
September 7th, 2019, 06:27 PM
Lol Thundar should have went over and punched him in the beak!xlolx

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2019, 06:29 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CookedIlliterateIcelandgull-max-1mb.gif

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2019, 06:30 PM

Their official mascot.

Do the state a favor and discontinue your football program....you can be in the Summit for the other **** and whatever hockey league they are in.

BisonBacker
September 7th, 2019, 06:31 PM
The Big Game xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Was there a game? Jesus 2 creampuff games for NDSU to start the season off. Our players need to be tested. Big Game GTFO xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 06:33 PM
UND might be even more sad than butler, at least butler is self aware. UND actually thought they would keep it close

BisonBacker
Now I can make 38-7 jokes about UND and the Vikings.

Also. UND just as bad as I thought.

Please give Bubba a lifetime contract.

No **** und and him are a match made in heaven.

IBleedYellow
Remember when UND held a press conference to say NDSU would fail in D1?

I guess they were speaking about their own sorry ass ****ty athletics program's future in D1.

TheRevSFA
I mean no one who is sane is surprised about the result

Bison56
September 7th, 2019, 06:34 PM

Their official mascot.

PlAy Us In HoCkEy

Didnt see that comingxrolleyesx

IBleedYellow
September 7th, 2019, 06:34 PM
I mean no one who is sane is surprised about the resultTrue. Don't go read UND's fans board. You know what they say about doing the same thing over and expecting different results.

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 06:35 PM
PlAy Us In HoCkEy

Didnt see that comingxrolleyesx

Hey man they play against real D1 schools like Bemidji, St. Cloud, and Duluth!

BisonBacker
September 7th, 2019, 06:36 PM
I'd of thought they'd of wore out that weight room and were going to be ready for the NFL this year xlolx

BisonBacker
September 7th, 2019, 06:38 PM
Hey man they play against real D1 schools like Bemidji, St. Cloud, and Duluth!

Hey don't shortchange Quinnipiac and Ferris State xlolx

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 06:39 PM

How could I forget!

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2019, 06:40 PM

Leave Ferris State out of this. They had more of a pulse in the dome than the Hawks.

IBleedYellow
September 7th, 2019, 06:45 PM
Leave Ferris State out of this. They had more of a pulse in the dome than the Hawks.Accurate statement.

POD Knows
September 7th, 2019, 07:01 PM
Leave Ferris State out of this. They had more of a pulse in the dome than the Hawks.And Ferris State played the 2013 team, I got news for you folks, this 2019, while really pretty good, is not the 2013 team. I actually thought this game would be closer and said so on here, it was 38-7 but felt like 58-7

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 07:03 PM
And Ferris State played the 2013 team, I got news for you folks, this 2019, while really pretty good, is not the 2013 team. I actually thought this game would be closer and said so on here, it was 38-7 but felt like 58-7

I felt like we played very vanilla. Like we just did what we needed to, to stay in control. It was weird

POD Knows
September 7th, 2019, 07:04 PM

Their official mascot.

Is this real?? Pretty much sums up their fruitless efforts in football as of late.

AmsterBison
September 7th, 2019, 07:05 PM
Is this real?? Pretty much sums up their fruitless efforts in football as of late.

They should play Bemidji State in football.

POD Knows
September 7th, 2019, 07:08 PM
They should play Bemidji State in football.Yea, they could hitchhike to get there, save on some $$ for hockies. It is a fact that 3 out of 4 UND people that attended the game today actually wore their old Sioux hockey jerseys.

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 07:11 PM
Yea, they could hitchhike to get there, save on some $$ for hockies. It is a fact that 3 out of 4 UND people that attended the game today actually wore their old Sioux hockey jerseys.

I had a guy in a UND hockey jersey come up to me at tailgate, dead serious, go “wow I can’t believe how many NDSU fans there are”

*pikachu face*

POD Knows
September 7th, 2019, 07:13 PM
I had a guy in a UND hockey jersey come up to me at tailgate, dead serious, go “wow I can’t believe how many NDSU fans there are”

*pikachu face*

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThey don't get out much, they go to work, maybe ride the shuttle from the Blue Moose in EGF to the REA to watch hockey and that is about it.

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 07:14 PM
They don't get out much, they go to work, maybe ride the shuttle from the Blue Moose in EGF to the REA to watch hockey and that is about it.

Scary accurate

clenz
September 7th, 2019, 07:15 PM
So.... Turns out being **** in the trenches will get your ass kicked

I know UND fans wouldn't have guessed that, but is anyone else surprised by that?

FargoBison
September 7th, 2019, 07:21 PM
Might be the lowest point in the rivarly, game had no juice at all. Bison just had their way with the Hawks and that was that. Atmosphere was meh, it was like playing Missouri State.

Also it must be some kind of law that every UND fan owns a hockey jersey and wears it to every sporting event. Not sure you can even buy a replica UND football jersey, I've never seen one.

F'N Hawks
September 7th, 2019, 07:22 PM

I know UND fans wouldn't have guessed that, but is anyone else surprised by that?

You of all people would know that. Was 344 yards rushing you gave up last year at home to them? Now that's some dominant line play.

IBleedYellow
September 7th, 2019, 07:27 PM
You of all people would know that. Was 344 yards rushing you gave up last year at home to them? Now that's some dominant line play.Scoreboard.

Go away.

Edit. Hockey season isn't that far away. Go think about that instead.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Some thoughts after this game:

1. True FR RB Kobe Johnson is playing his way into the rotation IMO. Runs hard and is hard to bring down.
2. Base Tampa 2 took care of UND pretty easily.
3. Safety positions are deep.
4. UND has a ways to go. Weak in the trenches. Running game is weak.
5. Trey Lance is a total stud. 10 TDs so far if I remember right.
6. Delaware is going to get curb stomped....again.

POD Knows
September 7th, 2019, 08:59 PM
OK, I am done picking on UND, they have a couple real nice players on D, that Bennett kid covers a lot of ground but they are going to have a lot of trouble against teams that can throw the ball, that is also the weakness of this Bison team, we are very soft in the secondary and it looks like we lost a key guy to injury but we also seem to be able to reload at most positions.

I thought that the UND front 7 did a decent job but they just don't have the horses up there and NDSU started to own the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half.

No_Skill
September 7th, 2019, 09:00 PM
Might be the lowest point in the rivarly, game had no juice at all. Bison just had their way with the Hawks and that was that. Atmosphere was meh, it was like playing Missouri State.

Also it must be some kind of law that every UND fan owns a hockey jersey and wears it to every sporting event. Not sure you can even buy a replica UND football jersey, I've never seen one.

I did happen to see a hockey jersey with the new bird logo on it. Are those bootlegs or did the athletic department actually give those the green light to be produced?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2019, 09:30 PM
OK, I am done picking on UND, they have a couple real nice players on D, that Bennett kid covers a lot of ground but they are going to have a lot of trouble against teams that can throw the ball, that is also the weakness of this Bison team, we are very soft in the secondary and it looks like we lost a key guy to injury but we also seem to be able to reload at most positions.

I thought that the UND front 7 did a decent job but they just don't have the horses up there and NDSU started to own the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half.

NDSU played pretty vanilla on defense. Mostly zone coverage and UND made a few plays in the passing game. Safeties are very good.

NDSU was getting some pressure with just 4 rushers. But UND was getting rid of the ball pretty quick to offset the pass rush.

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2019, 09:34 PM
NDSU played pretty vanilla on defense. Mostly zone coverage and UND made a few plays in the passing game. Safeties are very good.

NDSU was getting some pressure with just 4 rushers. But UND was getting rid of the ball pretty quick to offset the pass rush.

RPO also puts some of the DL and DE in conflict and slows a pass rush

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2019, 09:45 PM
RPO also puts some of the DL and DE in conflict and slows a pass rush

One thing I think is that Ty Brooks should not be the main between the tackles runner. I would like to see Cofield and Clark more. But that is just me.

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2019, 09:50 PM
One more thing to post....bookend this bad boy of a thread. This will always be a moment of zen.

Despite win, NDSU football still sucks

By Derrik T. Sovak
Published: Tuesday, August 31, 2004
Updated: Sunday, November 8, 2009 01:11

I thought that I might have trouble writing this column. But after I reviewed all the facts surrounding our overzealous neighbors to the south at North Dakota State, I realized that talking **** about them just gets easier and easier.

On Saturday, NDSU hosted Valparaiso to a crowd of just over 18,000. They absolutely stomped Valpo to the tune of 52-0. As I watched local sports highlights and saw all of the Bison players patting each other's back for the ousting, I wondered how they were going to look at themselves in the mirror without laughing.

Note to NDSU: Valparaiso offers no scholarships to their players. That means that they have less of a recruiting pool than Bethune-Cookman. Valpo also plays in the Pioneer Football League, which is almost as prestigious as NDSU's Great West Conference. Both these conferences look like the island of misfit schools. And when you get two teams like the Bison and the Crusaders on the field it's almost a toss up.

The Bison were a sub-par team in Division II football last year, and the Crusaders finished 8-4 without a playoff appearance last season. So what happened in Fargo on Saturday was as far away from amazing as you can get without actually being at the Neverland Ranch.

Everyone is so excited around the NDSU campus. Football means something to these people. But I feel it my duty to be the asshole and let them in on a little secret. For the next decade, NDSU football will be as arbitrary as paying .40 cents for ranch at Buffalo Wild Wings after running up a $500 bar tab.

Saturday's matchup was between two unranked schools in leagues that mean nothing to anyone. A win is a win but when I'd still rather watch a team of midgets play a team of chimpanzees.

This is an old argument. I said it last year, and it's no secret that I think NDSU's move to DI was a terrible decision. So I don't want NDSU to get their hopes up too high. If they really think that every team they play in that other Division is going to lie down and take it like its their first time, they're wrong.

Just like when the Bison were getting crushed by DII teams every weekend, they will face a team that hands them a 52-0 loss and then we in Grand Forks will hear the griping and crying from the south. And I can say proudly that I saw it coming.

On the other hand, UND had a barn-burner against Delta State - the number 2 and 10 teams in the country - in GF on Saturday. I witnessed great things in that game and there's a chance that we could see those teams meet again in the near future. Valpo won't be back in Fargo unless either they or the Bison need to fill their already defunct schedules next season.

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that at UND football still has pride. I like knowing that, even though we're "only Division II" we still can watch two ranked teams play in a city like Grand Forks. It makes for good football, which we won't see in Fargo for a long time.

It also came to my attention that NDSU has revolutionized college football by introducing something called tailgating at their games.

Take this as you may, but your football program is not going to prosper any faster just because some freshman had a beer before the game. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm going to wait with bated breath for the Montana Tech game in a couple of weeks.

R.I.P. Bison Athletics.

Christiank22
September 7th, 2019, 09:56 PM
One more thing to post....bookend this bad boy of a thread. This will always be a moment of zen.

That was a great great read. Thank you

geaux_sioux
September 7th, 2019, 10:03 PM

Yea, not really sure why that argument ever happened. Pretty basic stuff. It was as bad as I feared it would be on both lines. Not good at all.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2019, 10:05 PM
Yea, not really sure why that argument ever happened. Pretty basic stuff. It was as bad as I feared it would be on both lines. Not good at all.

You're a former player.

Why did the UND coaching staff go away from the pro set to this version of the spread?

Bubba said in the post game that they need to be more physical. Why go away from bread/butter offense that was successful in the past?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2019, 10:07 PM
That was a great great read. Thank you

Keeps getting better every time I read that....xlolx

Thanks 02

xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2019, 10:09 PM
Keeps getting better every time I read that....xlolx

Thanks 02

xthumbsupx

Yeah....it just keeps aging worse....and worse....and worse. xlolx

ming01
September 7th, 2019, 10:11 PM

Hahaha perfect Onion article

Bison56
September 7th, 2019, 10:23 PM
Yeah....it just keeps aging worse....and worse....and worse. xlolx

Never get tired of reading that.

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2019, 10:25 PM
Hahaha perfect Onion article

They wish it was an Onion article....and not in their own paper. Haha

IBleedYellow
September 7th, 2019, 10:50 PM
They wish it was an Onion article....and not in their own paper. HahaThat's the best part. Their own paper ran that.

If you think back, it almost makes sense that UND failed at this D1 transition and is probably the perfect example of how NOT to do a division change.

xDSU's planned, assessed and took calculated decisions about D1.

UND and USeD just decided "Oh they did it. We can too!" While USeD did show themselves better. UND has proven to have done much worse.

Hammersmith
September 7th, 2019, 10:58 PM
That's the best part. Their own paper ran that.

If you think back, it almost makes sense that UND failed at this D1 transition and is probably the perfect example of how NOT to do a division change.

xDSU's planned, assessed and took calculated decisions about D1.

UND and USeD just decided "Oh they did it. We can too!" While USeD did show themselves better. UND has proven to have done much worse.

It's worse than that. They spent four years telling their fanbase that DI/FCS was a terrible idea. And they spent four years talking down the GWFC. And then they spent better part of a decade talking down the Summit. How could they possibly build up excitement about anything they've done after spending so much effort convincing their fanbase how bad each of those things are? Everything has been grudgingly done for almost 15 years.

marenlee
September 7th, 2019, 11:00 PM
The fan base can’t even let go of their old logo. A bunch of hockey jerseys at a football game. So sad. Living in the past and not moving forward. I’m almost starting to feel pity for them.

IBleedYellow
September 7th, 2019, 11:08 PM
It's worse than that. They spent four years telling their fanbase that DI/FCS was a terrible idea. And they spent four years talking down the GWFC. And then they spent better part of a decade talking down the Summit. How could they possibly build up excitement about anything they've done after spending so much effort convincing their fanbase how bad each of those things are? Everything has been grudgingly done for almost 15 years.I forgot about that. Also why they wanted to go to the Big Sky - that's the original conference the xDSU's tried to get into but were denied (@Montana). So UND went there. USD saw value in the valley and summit and bolted.

PLUS they would not be accepted into either conference with their old nickname I believe. Then fighting that (they still do to this day.) for so long put them in even worse shape.

Basically UND's leadership has been extremely (perfect for NDSU) incompetent for the past 15-20 years. Honestly it's almost hilarious at how poor their leadership has been besides the fact I pay these assholes with taxes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2019, 05:26 AM
Had a couple of annoying UND fans sit in front of me. They were pretty quiet when the score ballooned up from 14-7.

Just wondering: Is it a requirement for their FB fans to wear hockey jerseys? WTF, this is football season....xrolleyesxxmadxxcrazyxxsmashxxboringx:pu mpuke:

BisonBacker
September 8th, 2019, 07:19 AM
I had a few sitting near me and they were quiet pretty much 95% of the game even when their team had the ball in the beginning of the game between plays no cheering. I think they knew what was coming lol. One had a Oshie hockey jersey on. They left early. I hope they do really well the rest of the season so they keep that great coaching staff in place. Those guys are good lol.

I had to do it, I looked at their dumpster fire game thread on their board. I kid you not they're blaming everything from the coaches, the players, previous school administrations, Lack of support from the governor ( I kid you not) to just about anything else. One thing I will say is even those knuckleheads agreed the stupid mascot with the play us in hockey sign was a disgrace.

All in all a wonderful day. The Twins won and got that game back on Cleveland and the chicken hawks lost and have been put in their place. It was a spectacular day.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2019, 07:34 AM
I had a few sitting near me and they were quiet pretty much 95% of the game even when their team had the ball in the beginning of the game between plays no cheering. I think they knew what was coming lol. One had a Oshie hockey jersey on. They left early. I hope they do really well the rest of the season so they keep that great coaching staff in place. Those guys are good lol.

I had to do it, I looked at their dumpster fire game thread on their board. I kid you not they're blaming everything from the coaches, the players, previous school administrations, Lack of support from the governor ( I kid you not) to just about anything else. One thing I will say is even those knuckleheads agreed the stupid mascot with the play us in hockey sign was a disgrace.

All in all a wonderful day. The Twins won and got that game back on Cleveland and the chicken hawks lost and have been put in their place. It was a spectacular day.

The Hitler Youth Board was a great read....xlolx....the governor comment was really over the top....xrolleyesxxcrazyx

Ya, Bubba needs to stay there because they have a long ways to go.

I still don't understand the philosophy of going to the spread. They are entering the Valley next year playing that finesse crap and will get curb stomped regularly. They need to get better in the trenches or they will be just another Missouri State/SIU. No playmakers either.

Oh to the F'n Hawks guy on here: DL play doesn't matter I guess....xcoffeexxrolleyesx....and according to you, UND doesn't run blitz? Check out this game bud. Your LBs did a lot of crashing the gaps to stop the run.

Overall, NDSU beat a team that they should have. On to Delaware.

POD Knows
September 8th, 2019, 07:42 AM
Yeah....it just keeps aging worse....and worse....and worse. xlolxI remember back then, I was living in an area with a lot of UND fans, our kids were in hockey and I was sort of a luke warm hockey fan of UND at the time and I heard this **** from the UND Hockey rubes about how stupid NDSU was for moving up. I thought at the time that it might be a tough road for NDSU at the time but it was the right call and that has been proven to be correct. Had a couple of bad years after the move in football but those seem like a hundred years ago.

No_Skill
September 8th, 2019, 08:25 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/0f1ee5bff14cdede679b28807dd73e1b/tenor.gif?itemid=7454022

344Johnson
September 8th, 2019, 08:35 AM
Game looked/sounded stale on my tv. To be fair, it wasnt the most exciting game ever.

Is that the Fargodome now or is that just a game that was a bit of a snoozer?

BisonFan02
September 8th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Game looked/sounded stale on my tv. To be fair, it wasnt the most exciting game ever.

It doesnt get as loud as 2012 or even 2013 anymore.

344Johnson
September 8th, 2019, 09:16 AM

2012 that place was a zoo.

BisonBacker
September 8th, 2019, 09:27 AM

Hard to get excited playing creampuffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2019, 09:31 AM

At times it does but not consistently.

TheKingpin28
September 8th, 2019, 09:58 AM
Hopefully, playing a T5/T10 team against UCD will bring some atmosphere back into the Dome.

ming01
September 8th, 2019, 10:02 AM

The FargoDome is loud when it wants to be. Its a stale environment most of the time now. Lots of ppl only care about sitting. The place needs alcohol.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 8th, 2019, 10:07 AM
Hopefully, playing a T5/T10 team against UCD will bring some atmosphere back into the Dome.

Honestly, IMO, NDSU is going to run Davis right out of the Dome.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2019, 10:21 AM
My only negative take toward UND from the game, is the Albino Cardinal mascot. Common man, you can do better.

ming01
September 8th, 2019, 10:32 AM
Honestly, IMO, NDSU is going to run Davis right out of the Dome.

I am less worried about them than a few weeks ago. Their offense is good though. More worried about trips to Illinois St and SDSU, UNI at home.

dewey
September 8th, 2019, 11:26 AM

That 2016 game against JMU the crowd was pretty loud.

As far as the game.

Why in the heck is Trey Lance still in the game in the 4th quarter? The game was very well in hand.

Get Zeb Noland in there to run the offense.

McFeely wrote an article about it. Good read actually and he is right. Coach Entz should have had him pulled when the game was out of hand.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
September 8th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Hard to get excited playing creampuffs.

exactly, how bout an FBS slate...

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2019, 02:38 PM
It's worse than that. They spent four years telling their fanbase that DI/FCS was a terrible idea. And they spent four years talking down the GWFC. And then they spent better part of a decade talking down the Summit. How could they possibly build up excitement about anything they've done after spending so much effort convincing their fanbase how bad each of those things are? Everything has been grudgingly done for almost 15 years.

xdizzyx

UpstateBison
September 8th, 2019, 04:47 PM
exactly, how bout an FBS slate...

Nice troll!

Thundar
September 8th, 2019, 04:50 PM
That 2016 game against JMU the crowd was pretty loud.

As far as the game.

Why in the heck is Trey Lance still in the game in the 4th quarter? The game was very well in hand.

Get Zeb Noland in there to run the offense.

McFeely wrote an article about it. Good read actually and he is right. Coach Entz should have had him pulled when the game was out of hand.

Dewey

Disagree, he needs reps, still very young with much better competition coming up

Zeb has Game experience already

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2019, 05:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/HGxbCwL.jpg

xthumbsupx

F'N Hawks
September 8th, 2019, 05:39 PM

xthumbsupx
Now that's a graphic! Not even remotely true but a great thought.

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2019, 05:41 PM
The FargoDome is loud when it wants to be. Its a stale environment most of the time now. Lots of ppl only care about sitting. The place needs alcohol.

Standing for a whole game is highly over rated. And in many instances just plain rude.

Professor Chaos
September 8th, 2019, 08:09 PM
Standing for a whole game is highly over rated. And in many instances just plain rude.
I'm 40% louder when I stand.

https://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/its-science-anchorman.gif

BisonBacker
September 8th, 2019, 08:56 PM

xthumbsupx

xlolx

BisonFan02
September 8th, 2019, 09:03 PM

xthumbsupx

That is also an absolute gem. xlolx I don't use Twitter, but somebody absolutely needs to bring that hashtag back. :D

dewey
September 8th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Disagree, he needs reps, still very young with much better competition coming up

Zeb has Game experience already

He needs reps, yes I agree, but having him doing designed QB runs when the game is in hand, I don't know.

Dewey

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2019, 09:32 PM
I'm 40% louder when I stand.

https://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/its-science-anchorman.gif

xcoffeex

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2019, 09:36 PM
He needs reps, yes I agree, but having him doing designed QB runs when the game is in hand, I don't know.

Dewey

The more reps the more the game slows down and the more things become automatic. This guy is basically a freshmen game time wise.

clenz
September 8th, 2019, 09:49 PM
This is interesting to read after spending some time on their message board over the last week as an outside observer

In the last week I've read more than a handful of posts - from the last few weeks/months even - talking about how **** the MVFC really is, how much it sucks, outside of NDSU it's a **** league, and how much they will hate it.

Their school screwed up so bad 15-20 years ago when the DSU's started prepping for, and them moving, that they had to brainwash their fans/alumni/donors into hating everything that the DSU's joined. So much so that even after it's obvious their move has been a complete failure they still are so brainwashed they can't help but **** all over the MVFC/Summit.

What a fascinating case study of groupthink psychology.

geaux_sioux
September 9th, 2019, 09:04 AM
This is interesting to read after spending some time on their message board over the last week as an outside observer

In the last week I've read more than a handful of posts - from the last few weeks/months even - talking about how **** the MVFC really is, how much it sucks, outside of NDSU it's a **** league, and how much they will hate it.

Their school screwed up so bad 15-20 years ago when the DSU's started prepping for, and them moving, that they had to brainwash their fans/alumni/donors into hating everything that the DSU's joined. So much so that even after it's obvious their move has been a complete failure they still are so brainwashed they can't help but **** all over the MVFC/Summit.

One thing that has always bothered me about a good number of my fellow Hawk fans is the number of people with absolute loser attitudes towards NDSU, thinking that instead of our team getting better we should find a way to make them worse or force them to FBS. Those people bother the **** out of me. Btw all the people who say the MVFC “sucks” are idiots and just jealous/bitter. They don’t know anything, just like the idiots in your fan base.

344Johnson
September 9th, 2019, 09:57 AM

One of the observations I've made is that a big chunk of them subscribe to the "history repeats itself. We were good in D2. Ndsu wont be good forever" line of thinking.

To this crowd, it seems they assume it's a birth right for them to be at least a solid team and potentially a very good team. While the inputs and variables in Division 2 seemed to spit out that result, the formula is a lot different. It's going to require a lot of alumni and institutional support which so many of them seem to ignore or be disinterested in.

Seems there is an assumption that things will fall into place for them but I don't know that it will.

Sidenote: holy balls is that program inbred as hell. North Dakota coach, two alums for coordinators. The previous coach was a longtime assistant. The coach before him was a long time assistant and player. The coach before him was the last pretty much outside hire. That was in 1986.

I'm pretty sure if they hire another former assistant next time, the dude will have genetic defects.

clenz
September 9th, 2019, 10:14 AM
Sidenote: holy balls is that program inbred as hell. North Dakota coach, two alums for coordinators. The previous coach was a longtime assistant. The coach before him was a long time assistant and player. The coach before him was the last pretty much outside hire. That was in 1986.

I'm pretty sure if they hire another former assistant next time, the dude will have genetic defects.
Meh - UNI is largely the same way

Farley played at UNI for 4 years, GAd at UNI, was an assistant at UNI, followed TA to Kansas for 3 years then came back as the HC.
Our DC has been at UNI for 12 years - and was a student coach at Kansas while Farley was there. He spent a few years at D3 an hour and a half from UNI and Farley brought him in
Our Asst HC/LB coach is in his second stint at UNI under Farley
Our OC played under Farley as a FB/TE, spent time at UNI as an assistant left for 2 years and came back to coach under Farley
Our DL coach played at UNI with Farley, spend a decade in the NFL. Coached HS and Farley gave him a DL job at UNI for a few years. He went to Minnesota for a year and then came back.
Our DB coach played under Farley in the late 00s and early 10s

Before Farley was 2 years of Mike Dunbar - no UNI connection

Before him was Terry Allen who played from 75-78 at UNI as QB, GAd at UNi in 79, was an assistant from 80-88 and then HC from 89-96

1988 was Earl Bruce who came from Ohio State- no real connection to UNI other than he coached at Iowa State in the 70s

Then it was like 60 years of Darrell Mudra, Stan Sheriff and Clyde Starbeck. Almost all of UNI's assistants during that time played under those coaches it seems like

Call it inbred if you want. I can't say I have a problem with it, especially when you have coaches that have won and bred a culture that has led to so many coaches learning under them by playing/being an assistant and then doing well elsewhere.

The last time a UNI football program didn't have "Farley coached/coached/recruited players or played with" on it's roster/coaching staff is like 1981 or 82 - the last year of Stan Sheriff. Farley was told to walk on by by Mudra who took over in 83.

That's 37 years of Farley connections at UNI - for better and worse. By the time he retires we could be at 45+ years of "Farley touching" the program.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 10:16 AM
344 Johnson has a good point about inbred but it does matter who the genetic mutants are. Lennon - good. Mussman - not good. Bubba - not looking like the savior either.

They may need to blow it up and bring in an entirely new staff like the BB team did this year.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 10:20 AM
Did we ever get an answer on whether line play was important?

Coach Grass needs this info ASAP.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Did we ever get an answer on whether line play was important?

Coach Grass needs this info ASAP.

Completely based on what I wrote it appears that neither of the lines need to play well to win - that was the conclusion of the thesis that reviewed everything stated last week.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 11:02 AM
Completely based on what I wrote it appears that neither of the lines need to play well to win - that was the conclusion of the thesis that reviewed everything stated last week.

So why didn't you guys win, then?

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 11:07 AM
So why didn't you guys win, then?

Same reason you guys got blown out by a perennial doormat - we suck.