PDA

View Full Version : The Big Game: UND @ NDSU

Pages : 1 [2]

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 11:17 AM
Same reason you guys got blown out by a perennial doormat - we suck.

My team won't finish 4-7.

clenz
September 9th, 2019, 11:21 AM
Or have your mascot carry around a sign telling opposing fans to play them in another sport.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2019, 11:24 AM
Or have your mascot carry around a sign telling opposing fans to play them in another sport.

Forget the mascot.....I was getting those comments before and after the game from friends that went to UND. It's all they have.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 11:25 AM

I wouldn't mind playing anyone in another sport. Not because we need to, but because two wins would be better than one.

Baseball, Softball, Basketball, Cornhorn, all JSU dubs.

clenz
September 9th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Forget the mascot.....I was getting those comments before and after the game from friends that went to UND. It's all they have.
xnonono2xxoopsx

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 11:37 AM

I would hope not.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 11:39 AM

Assuming the AD will take care of that. How ****ing stupid.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Assuming the AD will take care of that. How ****ing stupid.

Why? It reflects the attitude of your alumni and what their AD actually is.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 11:47 AM
Why? It reflects the attitude of your alumni and what their AD actually is.

Kind of like Bison fans wearing football jerseys to the basketball games. But on a much lesser level.

Obviously, one sport is going to dominate an athletic department typically and at UND it's hockey because they print money. Your basketball fans probably know the feeling.

With that said the sign didn't need to be made and it should be addressed.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 11:48 AM
Kind of like Bison fans wearing football jerseys to the basketball games. But on a much lesser level.

Obviously, one sport is going to dominate an athletic department typically and at UND it's hockey because they print money. Your basketball fans probably know the feeling.

With that said the sign didn't need to be made and it should be addressed.

A fan wearing a football jersey to a basketball game is not the same as your school mascot asking for a rematch in another sport.

We also don't have one sport dominant in our department. We are good in at least 6 right now.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 11:50 AM
A fan wearing a football jersey to a basketball game is not the same as your school mascot asking for a rematch in another sport.

it was mentioned several hundred times prior that there were hockey jerseys being worn at the game on Saturday, which ties right into the topic. Honestly, there is not much a program can do if the fans wear them.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 11:54 AM
it was mentioned several hundred times prior that there were hockey jerseys being worn at the game on Saturday, which ties right into the topic. Honestly, there is not much a program can do if the fans wear them.

Honestly, just be happy they wear your school gear.

Down here in SEC country, we'd kill to have the "fans wearing football jerseys to basketball games" problem.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 11:56 AM

Down here in SEC country, we'd kill to have the "fans wearing football jerseys to basketball games" problem.

That was my next point - until football gets MUCH better we will have to settle for being happy they even showed up to a road game. Now they need to show up next weekend at home, hockey jerseys and all.

geaux_sioux
September 9th, 2019, 12:12 PM
One of the observations I've made is that a big chunk of them subscribe to the "history repeats itself. We were good in D2. Ndsu wont be good forever" line of thinking.

To this crowd, it seems they assume it's a birth right for them to be at least a solid team and potentially a very good team. While the inputs and variables in Division 2 seemed to spit out that result, the formula is a lot different. It's going to require a lot of alumni and institutional support which so many of them seem to ignore or be disinterested in.

Seems there is an assumption that things will fall into place for them but I don't know that it will.

Sidenote: holy balls is that program inbred as hell. North Dakota coach, two alums for coordinators. The previous coach was a longtime assistant. The coach before him was a long time assistant and player. The coach before him was the last pretty much outside hire. That was in 1986.

I'm pretty sure if they hire another former assistant next time, the dude will have genetic defects.
I agree about the inbred program. I’ve made comments about it before. We need fresh blood at the top. Your always going to have a few alums but the family tree should not be a circle.

geaux_sioux
September 9th, 2019, 12:13 PM

I hate people....

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 12:31 PM
I hate people....

I get the vibe that the feeling is mutual.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2019, 12:53 PM
Ask yourselves this.....IF you approached the average UND hockey fan and offered them a trade. Turn the hockey team into "semi pro"....called it the Fighting Sioux....and all you had to do was cut football or seperate it from the AD. What do you suppose they would do? I understand that is an impossible thing to do....but I'd be willing to bet that many wouldnt even blink an eye.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Ask yourselves this.....IF you approached the average UND hockey fan and offered them a trade. Turn the hockey team into "semi pro"....called it the Fighting Sioux....and all you had to do was cut football or seperate it from the AD. What do you suppose they would do? I understand that is an impossible thing to do....but I'd be willing to bet that many wouldnt even blink an eye.

Answering would require me to put as much thought into it as you did. Hard pass.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Answering would require me to put as much thought into it as you did. Hard pass.

The hockey team and mascot is more important than your entire AD combined amongst your donors. That is gonna be a big hurdle for you guys. Already has been a major distraction.

nodak651
September 9th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Isn't that what Dave K proposed before he became a gopher fan? I'm guessing many of the people who are both Bison football and UND hockey fans would be for that. Gross....

nodak651
September 9th, 2019, 01:04 PM
The hockey team and mascot is more important than your entire AD combined amongst your donors. That is gonna be a big hurdle for you guys. Already has been a major distraction.

I disagree with this... It's more important than our entire AD combined, amongst people who CLAIM they are donors.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2019, 01:05 PM
I disagree with this... It's more important than our entire AD combined, amongst people who CLAIM they are donors.

Go make a committee and find out. :D

nodak651
September 9th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Go make a committee and find out. :D

No thanks - financial statements prove this.

geaux_sioux
September 9th, 2019, 01:28 PM

If you ask the right ones they’d hand you their freshly severed genitals as a trade.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2019, 01:38 PM
If you ask the right ones they’d hand you their freshly severed genitals as a trade.

Does that show up on a financial statement? :D

nodak651
September 9th, 2019, 01:41 PM

Will ask the committee and get back to you...

344Johnson
September 9th, 2019, 03:44 PM

Usually would be classified in accounting as "goodwill" or something if I recall. Brands have value with their consumers. The fighting sioux brand was more cult than anything else.

Katfan
September 9th, 2019, 04:21 PM

Omg! That’s my pet peeve. Going to a Sam game wearing A&M or UT gear.

JSUSoutherner
September 9th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Omg! That’s my pet peeve. Going to a Sam game wearing A&M or UT gear.

At least UT gear is orange.

The closest we got is the crimson for Alabama.