PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-7

JALMOND
September 2nd, 2019, 11:39 PM
Came in at 11-1 last week, missing out because I didn't believe in Cal Poly. One game this week pitting two conference members in a non conference game, otherwise another round of non-conference action. My humble attempt at perfection this week.

Thursday

Western Colorado (DII) at ISU---First game of the year for the Bengals at home against a DII team. Most of the rest of the conference are getting their money games out of the way. This one, the Bengals had to pay out. They better win this...ISU 38, Western Colorado 7.

Friday

SAC at Arizona State (Pac-12)---Fresh off a pasting of an NAIA team, the Hornets head into the desert and up a level to the Pac-12. Maybe a little come back to earth for them in this game as Arizona State is clearly not the NAIA...Arizona State 42, SAC 14.

Saturday

CP at WSU---Interesting outcomes for both teams last week. The Wildcats showed off their strong defense against an FBS team but faltered under the weight of an FBS defense. The Mustangs clearly got their offense going against the Pioneer League. Which team gets this one...WSU 20, CP 7.

Lindenwood, Mo (NAIA) at EWU---What to do after getting pounded by one of the Pac-12's elite teams? Easy for the Eagles, just go to the lower levels and schedule a patsy yourself. There should be no problem for the Eagles in this one...EWU 44, Lindenwood, Mo 7.

Central Washington (DII) at UI---Unfortunately, the Vandals did not get the same memo. After getting trounced last week, they come home and fact a decent DII team. After last week, they can't afford to look past this strong team, even at home...UI 31, Central Washington 14.

North Alabama (Big South transitional) at UM---After knocking off a good Missouri Valley team on the road, the Grizzlies get a transitional team for their home opener, who also got a good win on the road against a Mo Valley team. Grizzlies can't look past them...UM 35, North Alabama 28.

SE Missouri (Ohio Valley) at MSU---Fresh from a trouncing in Big 12 country, the Bobcats welcome a good Ohio Valley team, one that made the playoffs last year. A tough test for sure, one that the Bobcats can't look past...SE Missouri 31, MSU 27.

NAU at Arizona (Pac-12)---The Lumberjacks get a strong test this week, heading down to play their Pac-12 brethren. However, the opponent got shellacked by Hawaii and had two weeks to live with it. The Lumberjacks may have a shot at it...Arizona 38, NAU 35.

UNC at Washington State (Pac-12)---The Bears actually had a decent performance last week in playing up a level. Can they sustain it? This week, more reaching for the stars as they venture into the Pac-12 this time, and Wazzu has a history of losing to the Big Sky...Washington State 38, UNC 17.

Simon Fraser (DII) at PSU---The Vikings showed no fear last week in SEC country, staying within striking distance the whole game. This week, the tables are turned as they bring in a DII team that is 1-32 in the last four years...PSU 45, Simon Fraser 7.

SUU at Northern Iowa (Mo Valley)---It doesn't get any easier for the Thunderbirds. After not showing up last week against a weak Mountain West team, they go on the road and play a team that lost in 3OT to an FBS Top 25 team. Oh, my...Northern Iowa 41, SUU 10.

UCD at San Diego---The Aggies showed up and played a Pac-12 team strong last week. They now hit the road and play the defending Pioneer League champs. Maybe a test, but San Diego lost last week to Cal Poly. The Aggies should get this one...UCD 35, San Diego 17.

bonarae
September 2nd, 2019, 11:43 PM
ISU orange
Sun Devils
Weber State
EWU
Idaho
Griz
SEMO
Zona
Wazzu
Portland State
UNI
UC Davis

wapiti
September 3rd, 2019, 10:06 AM
I went 11-1 last week. Barely missing my called upset for Weber over San Diego State.

Thursday

Western Colorado (DII) 14 at 42 ISU--- This should be a cupcake to ISU, but on occasion a lower Division does beat a higher team.

Friday

SAC 17 at Arizona State 48--- From cupcake to the frying pan.
Saturday

CP 20 at WSU 28--- Strong offense verses strong defense. I go with the defense.

Lindenwood, Mo (NAIA) 10 at EWU 55--- From a frying pan to a cupcake

Central Washington (DII) 17 at UI 32---From a frying pan to a well done cupcake. This one may not be as easy for Idaho as they would like.

North Alabama 17 at UM 35--- I am not sure what to think of North Alabama. But the Griz in Missoula are difficult to beat.

SE Missouri 21 at MSU 24---This game will be a good indicator for both teams. Each thinking they will get the win. I go with the home team.

NAU 17 at Arizona 38 ---Arizona did get beat by Hawaii by one score. Arizona will be itching to get a W in the win column.

UNC 12 at Washington State 52--- Washington state is not the WSU of old. They are getting ranked and UNC is in the bottom half of the BSC.

Simon Fraser (DII) 13 at PSU 42---This should be a cupcake for PSU

SUU 15 at Northern Iowa 35--- After last week UNI appears to be a very tough team. SUU will have to play well to have a chance in this game.

UCD 42 at San Diego 13---San Diego may think it has a chance after scoring 34 against CP and being at home. But UCD should have a better defense than CP has.

SUPharmacist
September 4th, 2019, 12:42 AM
12-0 last week, although I had not done my independent research and had picked the Idaho State game as I saw others (my bad).

Idaho State
Arizona State
Cal Poly
EWU
Idaho
Montana
Montana State
Arizona
Washington State
Portland State
Northern Iowa
Cal Davis

jayhawkdaddy
September 4th, 2019, 10:55 AM
Thursday
Idaho State

Friday
Arizona State

Saturday
Weber State
Eastern Washington
Idaho
Montana
Montana State
Arizona
Washington State
Portland State

Northern Iowa
UC-Davis

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 12:01 PM
OT - Does SUU have a message board?

Silenoz
September 4th, 2019, 12:07 PM
OT - Does SUU have a message board?
I mean... technically Chris provided boards for nearly the entire Big Sky...

I'm sure it also has like 73 posts. Mostly from a grizzaholic pretending to be an SUU fan

clenz
September 4th, 2019, 12:09 PM
I saw that one, but it looks like every BSF board is barren of posts. So I'll just go with no.

JALMOND
September 4th, 2019, 12:56 PM
I saw that one, but it looks like every BSF board is barren of posts. So I'll just go with no.

The internet has not reached Whoville yet.:D

mvemjsunpx
September 4th, 2019, 10:26 PM
Thursday

WCU 13-49 Idaho St. — Repeat DII opponents are always fun for the fans…

Friday

Sac 23-49 Arizona St. — I doubt the Hornets will win, but it's probably worth the +8000 money line on 5dimes

Saturday

Lindenwood 10-59 EWU — This is Lindenwood's first non-conference game in 6 years xeyebrowx

Simon Fraser 3-63 Portland St. — Simon Fraser hasn't even won a DII game in 5 years xeyebrowxxeyebrowx

Davis 52-27 San Diego — San Diego had defensive problems last year, and that clearly hasn't changed

CDub 24-34 Idaho — I'm not sure the Vandals win this one on a neutral field

Suutah 17-34 Yunie — Suutah was surprisingly uncompetitive against UNLV

Cal Poly 10-24 Weber (NC) — Weber's won the last 3 meetings despite scoring just 21 ppg in those wins

NAU 28-52 Arizona — In 15 all-time meetings with Arizona, the 'Jacks have only averaged 8.7 ppg

UNA 24-41 Montana — I suspect UNA's upset of WIU was more about WIU being bad than about UNA being good

SEMO 31-38 Montana St. — Could we see a rematch of this one in November/December?

NoCo 7-62 Wazzu — The Cougs are a bit better than San Jose State

NoDak 20-28 NoDak State — This'll tell us a lot more about these two teams than week 1 did

Iridebikes
September 6th, 2019, 06:47 AM
OK, for week two.

Idaho State
Arizona State
Weber, (is this a conference game)
EWU
UI, but won't be shocked if CWU challenges them
Montana
Montana State
Arizona
Wazzu
Portland State
Northern Iowa
UC Davis

wapiti
September 6th, 2019, 09:40 AM
Thursday

Western Colorado (DII) 14 at 42 ISU--- This should be a cupcake to ISU, but on occasion a lower Division does beat a higher team.

I was surprisingly close on my final score prediction. That does not happen very often.
Actual score was WC 13 ISU 38

EdubAlum
September 6th, 2019, 11:13 AM
I actually think Central is going to beat UI.

slostang
September 6th, 2019, 11:43 PM
Weber, (is this a conference game)

No, it is a non-conference game.

JALMOND
September 8th, 2019, 01:58 AM
Came in at 11-1 last week, missing out because I didn't believe in Cal Poly. One game this week pitting two conference members in a non conference game, otherwise another round of non-conference action. My humble attempt at perfection this week.

Thursday

Western Colorado (DII) at ISU---First game of the year for the Bengals at home against a DII team. Most of the rest of the conference are getting their money games out of the way. This one, the Bengals had to pay out. They better win this...ISU 38, Western Colorado 7.

Friday

SAC at Arizona State (Pac-12)---Fresh off a pasting of an NAIA team, the Hornets head into the desert and up a level to the Pac-12. Maybe a little come back to earth for them in this game as Arizona State is clearly not the NAIA...Arizona State 42, SAC 14.

Saturday

CP at WSU---Interesting outcomes for both teams last week. The Wildcats showed off their strong defense against an FBS team but faltered under the weight of an FBS defense. The Mustangs clearly got their offense going against the Pioneer League. Which team gets this one...WSU 20, CP 7.

Lindenwood, Mo (NAIA) at EWU---What to do after getting pounded by one of the Pac-12's elite teams? Easy for the Eagles, just go to the lower levels and schedule a patsy yourself. There should be no problem for the Eagles in this one...EWU 44, Lindenwood, Mo 7.

Central Washington (DII) at UI---Unfortunately, the Vandals did not get the same memo. After getting trounced last week, they come home and fact a decent DII team. After last week, they can't afford to look past this strong team, even at home...UI 31, Central Washington 14.

North Alabama (Big South transitional) at UM---After knocking off a good Missouri Valley team on the road, the Grizzlies get a transitional team for their home opener, who also got a good win on the road against a Mo Valley team. Grizzlies can't look past them...UM 35, North Alabama 28.

SE Missouri (Ohio Valley) at MSU---Fresh from a trouncing in Big 12 country, the Bobcats welcome a good Ohio Valley team, one that made the playoffs last year. A tough test for sure, one that the Bobcats can't look past...SE Missouri 31, MSU 27.

NAU at Arizona (Pac-12)---The Lumberjacks get a strong test this week, heading down to play their Pac-12 brethren. However, the opponent got shellacked by Hawaii and had two weeks to live with it. The Lumberjacks may have a shot at it...Arizona 38, NAU 35.

UNC at Washington State (Pac-12)---The Bears actually had a decent performance last week in playing up a level. Can they sustain it? This week, more reaching for the stars as they venture into the Pac-12 this time, and Wazzu has a history of losing to the Big Sky...Washington State 38, UNC 17.

Simon Fraser (DII) at PSU---The Vikings showed no fear last week in SEC country, staying within striking distance the whole game. This week, the tables are turned as they bring in a DII team that is 1-32 in the last four years...PSU 45, Simon Fraser 7.

SUU at Northern Iowa (Mo Valley)---It doesn't get any easier for the Thunderbirds. After not showing up last week against a weak Mountain West team, they go on the road and play a team that lost in 3OT to an FBS Top 25 team. Oh, my...Northern Iowa 41, SUU 10.

UCD at San Diego---The Aggies showed up and played a Pac-12 team strong last week. They now hit the road and play the defending Pioneer League champs. Maybe a test, but San Diego lost last week to Cal Poly. The Aggies should get this one...UCD 35, San Diego 17.

Looks like 11-1 again this week, 22-2 overall.

wapiti
September 9th, 2019, 10:24 AM
I went 11-1 last week. Barely missing my called upset for Weber over San Diego State.

Thursday

Friday

SAC 17 at Arizona State 48--- From cupcake to the frying pan.
Saturday

CP 20 at WSU 28--- Strong offense verses strong defense. I go with the defense.

Lindenwood, Mo (NAIA) 10 at EWU 55--- From a frying pan to a cupcake

Central Washington (DII) 17 at UI 32---From a frying pan to a well done cupcake. This one may not be as easy for Idaho as they would like.

North Alabama 17 at UM 35--- I am not sure what to think of North Alabama. But the Griz in Missoula are difficult to beat.

SE Missouri 21 at MSU 24---This game will be a good indicator for both teams. Each thinking they will get the win. I go with the home team.

NAU 17 at Arizona 38 ---Arizona did get beat by Hawaii by one score. Arizona will be itching to get a W in the win column.

UNC 12 at Washington State 52--- Washington state is not the WSU of old. They are getting ranked and UNC is in the bottom half of the BSC.

Simon Fraser (DII) 13 at PSU 42---This should be a cupcake for PSU

SUU 15 at Northern Iowa 35--- After last week UNI appears to be a very tough team. SUU will have to play well to have a chance in this game.

UCD 42 at San Diego 13---San Diego may think it has a chance after scoring 34 against CP and being at home. But UCD should have a better defense than CP has.

WooHoo!!! I went a perfect 12-0 That is a rare event for me.

23 - 1 overall.