PDA

View Full Version : McNeese at Oklahoma State -- Cowboys vs. Cowboys -- Pokes vs. Pokes

McCowboys
September 2nd, 2019, 07:51 PM
The Cowboys (of McNeese) slipped by SWAC opponent Southern in Cowboy Stadium in week 1, while the Cowboys (of OSU) made the long trek to Oregon State and scored a bunch of points in a victory. Now it's a showdown in the corral of Oklahoma State.

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2019, 08:01 PM
The Cowboys (of McNeese) slipped by SWAC opponent Southern in Cowboy Stadium in week 1, while the Cowboys (of OSU) made the long trek to Oregon State and scored a bunch of points in a victory. Now it's a showdown in the corral of Oklahoma State.

We played there in '16. Fun trip. Good time in OKC the night before. Experienced a fairly sizable earthquake the morning of the game. Thought the hotel was gonna collapse. Score of the game got out of hand but we actually defended them fairly well. Special teams and turnovers killed us.

McNeese72
September 2nd, 2019, 08:19 PM
It's going to be the Battle of Little Bighorn all over again but instead of Indians it will the orange clad Cowboys wiping out the Blue & Gold ones. ;)

We would have to play perfectly to even make the score respectful. We aren't playing Southern this week.

Doc

McCowboys
September 2nd, 2019, 08:20 PM
We played there in '16. Fun trip. Good time in OKC the night before. Experienced a fairly sizable earthquake the morning of the game. Thought the hotel was gonna collapse. Score of the game got out of hand but we actually defended them fairly well. Special teams and turnovers killed us.

Do they have the same coach as back then?
An earthquake in OKC? Unreal!
Doc and Chris and crew will be heading there, I'm sure. They always seem to have a good time. I'll enjoy it courtesy of ESPN+.
We lost an offensive lineman in training camp and lost a starting corner in the early part of the SU game. We will need all hands on deck for that offensive powerhouse.

McCowboys
September 2nd, 2019, 08:23 PM
It's going to be the Battle of Little Bighorn all over again but instead of Indians it will the orange clad Cowboys wiping out the Blue & Gold ones. ;)

We would have to play perfectly to even make the score respectful. We aren't playing Southern this week.

Doc

xlolx

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2019, 08:24 PM
Do they have the same coach as back then?
An earthquake in OKC? Unreal!
Doc and Chris and crew will be heading there, I'm sure. They always seem to have a good time. I'll enjoy it courtesy of ESPN+.
We lost an offensive lineman in training camp and lost a starting corner in the early part of the SU game. We will need all hands on deck for that offensive powerhouse.

Yep, Gundy was the coach. They have earthquakes in Oklahoma all the time now with all the fracking. We just happened to be there for one of the bigger ones.

McCowboys
September 2nd, 2019, 08:47 PM
Yep, Gundy was the coach. They have earthquakes in Oklahoma all the time now with all the fracking. We just happened to be there for one of the bigger ones.

Wow! Who knew?

So Gundy has had a few years to get his program in gear. Not good news.

FormerPokeCenter
September 5th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Well, CBuck left today headed toward Stillwater....that means the possibility of an Earthquake or other natural disaster is very, very real.

Nevermind Cantore....you know something bad's about to happen when CBuck shows up in your town....he's like the harbinger of doom or something!

Outsider1
September 5th, 2019, 02:23 PM
The southern Pokes will fight I am sure, but it will be an uphill battle. OSU is going to come out strong on you like UNT did with us. But stay steady and stay strong!!

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2019, 02:59 PM
McNeese will fight, but Texas' Hat State Cowboys will win handily.

McNeese75
September 5th, 2019, 03:01 PM
McNeese will fight, but Texas' Hat State Cowboys will win handily.

I just wanna beat the 37 1/2 pt spread.

McNeese72
September 5th, 2019, 03:01 PM
I predict the Cowboys will win!! You can book on it!!

;)

Doc

McCowboys
September 5th, 2019, 04:22 PM
Good pick, Doc! However, I can't believe someone voted for the McNeese brand of Cowboys.

I must not be doing something right when I set up these polls. I selected for the results of who voted for what to show up, but it doesn't seem to work. ?