PDA

View Full Version : Coaches and STATS polls

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2019, 12:06 PM
Stats:

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190902124952139296904&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

Coaches:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2019, 12:08 PM
Stats:

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190902124952139296904&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

Coaches:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-pollHow in the ****, on everything that is holy, is JSU ranked where they are in either one of these polls.

clenz
September 2nd, 2019, 12:17 PM
How in the ****, on everything that is holy, is JSU ranked where they are in either one of these polls.A STATS voter had JSU at 7

Up from 13 on his preseason vote.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2019, 12:19 PM
A STATS voter had JSU at 7

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkI mean, they didn't just lose to SELA, they LOST to SELA. They are without question the most overrated team year after year in this division.

smallcollegefbfan
September 2nd, 2019, 12:21 PM
A STATS voter had JSU at 7

There are at least 2-3 voters not with a school who I don't think should be voting. There are some SIDs who just slot and go with name recognition. I feel bad for Haley because he does a good job but he has about 20-30 voters who should not be voting.

How is SC State not ranked but Wofford still ranked after they beat them?

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2019, 12:23 PM
coaches poll - those wins 9 days ago seem long forgotten

Others receiving votes: Southeastern Louisiana, 59; Elon, 55; South Carolina St., 35; Eastern Kentucky, 30; New Hampshire, 22; Northern Arizona, 22; North Dakota, 18; McNeese, 17; Portland St., 17; Austin Peay, 16; Idaho St., 16; Richmond, 16; Chattanooga, 15; Abilene Christian, 14; Youngstown St., 13; Central Connecticut St., 12; UIW, 12; Cal Poly, 11; Houston Baptist, 11; William & Mary, 10; Norfolk St., 9; Yale, 8; Lamar, 5; Alcorn St., 4; North Alabama, 4; Stony Brook, 4; Rhode Island, 3; Villanova, 3; Dartmouth, 2; Monmouth (N.J.), 1; The Citadel, 1.

POD Knows
September 2nd, 2019, 12:23 PM
There are at least 2-3 voters not with a school who I don't think should be voting. There are some SIDs who just slot and go with name recognition. I feel bad for Haley because he does a good job but he has about 20-30 voters who should not be voting.

How is SC State not ranked but Wofford still ranked after they beat them?Yea, that is another one, just for the record, I dropped both of them out of the top 25 in my poll, they can work their way back during the balance of the season, but bad losses like those two losses do not merit consideration in the top 25.

clenz
September 2nd, 2019, 12:25 PM

How is SC State not ranked but Wofford still ranked after they beat them?The guy who moved JSU up is the LIU SID/media relations guy.

aceinthehole
September 2nd, 2019, 12:28 PM
How does Duquesne not get a single vote in the coaches poll?

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2019, 12:31 PM
The weekly dart throwing exercise

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2019, 12:32 PM
I really think each poll should have it's own thread going forward. Just an ask I'd like to make.

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2019, 12:34 PM
The guy who moved JSU up is the LIU SID/media relations guy.

Long Island University? maybe these voters should have a transition period into this...

clenz
September 2nd, 2019, 12:36 PM
Long Island University? maybe these voters should have a transition period into this...

https://twitter.com/cschermick23/status/1168286605435691008

JSUSoutherner
September 2nd, 2019, 12:37 PM
https://twitter.com/cschermick23/status/1168286605435691008 (https://twitter.com/cschermick23/status/1168286605435691008?)

My favorite part of that tweet was the part where he said "not many upsets"

BearDownMU
September 2nd, 2019, 12:42 PM

This is turrible

lionsrking2
September 2nd, 2019, 12:47 PM
This is turrible

Heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another ...

caribbeanhen
September 2nd, 2019, 12:50 PM

I see you boys are taking Casey to FCS school....

TheKingpin28
September 2nd, 2019, 01:00 PM
woof

clenz
September 8th, 2019, 09:44 PM
Went to check on our boy to see what his submission this week looked like.

He deleted his week 1 poll and the last thing on his page is now his preseason poll.

Rather than acknowledging his issues he got rid of evidence and is going into hiding....

Sad.

dewey
September 8th, 2019, 10:01 PM

He deleted his week 1 poll and the last thing on his page is now his preseason poll.

Rather than acknowledging his issues he got rid of evidence and is going into hiding....

Sad.

You can't expect him to take responsibility for his top 25 do you?xlolx Just delete it and pretend that no one has a way to prove it.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2019, 10:03 PM

Sad.

Well I hope we (AGS) as a group of posters are more helpful than demeaning to whoever it is out there. If someone has not had the benefit of being able to go back and forth with people that have this as our passion then maybe it would be good to try and help them see other better options.

I don't know what is really going with any of it and only saw some of it that first day but I'm just hoping our group is not being dicks to anyone else out there voting in any of the polls. Doesn't mean we shouldn't inquire as to what the thinking is but if we take any of it too far into the badgering I don't think it makes us look too good. The tweets I saw from you clenzy seemed on the up and up and all so not aiming at anyone here just starting to wonder if things are carrying on now since it's been a week...

Fun vampire will now disappear back into the shadows.

clenz
September 8th, 2019, 10:35 PM
Well I hope we (AGS) as a group of posters are more helpful than demeaning to whoever it is out there. If someone has not had the benefit of being able to go back and forth with people that have this as our passion then maybe it would be good to try and help them see other better options.

I don't know what is really going with any of it and only saw some of it that first day but I'm just hoping our group is not being dicks to anyone else out there voting in any of the polls. Doesn't mean we shouldn't inquire as to what the thinking is but if we take any of it too far into the badgering I don't think it makes us look too good. The tweets I saw from you clenzy seemed on the up and up and all so not aiming at anyone here just starting to wonder if things are carrying on now since it's been a week...

Fun vampire will now disappear back into the shadows.
Anyone I could/would directly connect to AGS were all on the same line as myself.

I wouldn't put this on AGS. I've got a feeling after hearing the Hero podcast this last week that some pretty tough conversations/emails were sent out to voters from Craig and between the "heat" on twitter, here, the Hero podcast and probably from STATS he just cut bait and ran.

I also see there are many many many fewer stats posters with their votes out this week than last. I doubt Craig told them not to post as a few still are, but the hashtag that was started last week is already dead and has people asking about it. It's interesting to see right now after the reaction to ballots last week

ursus arctos horribilis
September 8th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Anyone I could/would directly connect to AGS were all on the same line as myself.

I wouldn't put this on AGS. I've got a feeling after hearing the Hero podcast this last week that some pretty tough conversations/emails were sent out to voters from Craig and between the "heat" on twitter, here, the Hero podcast and probably from STATS he just cut bait and ran.

I also see there are many many many fewer stats posters with their votes out this week than last. I doubt Craig told them not to post as a few still are, but the hashtag that was started last week is already dead and has people asking about it. It's interesting to see right now after the reaction to ballots last week

I gotcha and as I said I did not see anything untoward but just questioning "why" and I too did that when I saw the ballot...but hell I do that with ballots here too only I actually to get to email people and do the asking. xlolx

If you are gonna post it you sure gotta defend it. Reach out to the dude clenzy and tell him to join up and we'll make sure his ballots are golden going forward. xlolx

ngineer
September 9th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Who even considers the "Coaches' Poll"? They don't even vote..handed off to the SIDs. There is no way they know HOW other teams are doing being too busy with their own teams. It is a joke.

PAllen
September 9th, 2019, 09:42 PM
Towson and the entire PL are ranked too high.