PDA

View Full Version : Majerus back in coaching

AppGuy04
May 1st, 2007, 10:30 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=AlpBekJEW4l41irJ9trUWy3evbYF?slug=ap-saintlouis-majerus&prov=ap&type=lgns

ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Rick Majerus got out of coaching three years ago because of health concerns. Now his biggest worry is putting Saint Louis on the basketball map.

Majerus replaces Brad Soderberg, who won 20 games in the last of his five seasons but failed to generate even an NIT bid his last three years. Soderberg was fired April 17.

Majerus, an ESPN analyst the last three years, agreed to a six-year contract Friday.

Glad to see him somewhat healthy and coaching again

Ivytalk
May 1st, 2007, 10:33 AM
Great news! He's always been a solid coach, and I'll miss his TV commentary.

Any truth to the rumor that Krispy Kreme has signed up to be a radio sponsor for the Billikens?:p

Cobblestone
May 1st, 2007, 10:36 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AppGuy04
May 1st, 2007, 10:39 AM
Any truth to the rumor that Krispy Kreme has signed up to be a radio sponsor for the Billikens?:p

I hope not, cause that would certainly end his coaching career if you catch my drift

dbackjon
May 1st, 2007, 11:56 AM
Now, if SLU could only go back to the MVC

Marcus Garvey
May 1st, 2007, 01:56 PM
Now, if SLU could only go back to the MVC

It's certainly a better fit geographically for them than the Atlantic 10*. At the time they accepted the invitation, the A10 was unquestionably stronger than the MVC. That tells me the MVC could drop off the radar just as fast.

Best case scenario for SLU basketball is to become a dominating team in the A-10 with regular NCAA Tournament experiences. Meanwhile, the MVC maintains it's current level of play, or better yet, gets better still. In that situation, both the MVC and SLU should pursue each other. To jump now is not necessarily the wisest course, unless their AD is only concerned with reducing the travel budget.

Frankly, Xavier, Dayton and SLU are better fits geographically with the MVC. Otherwise, they fit in nicely with the A-10 which is composed primarily of small to mid-sized urban private universities, most of which are Catholic.
The exceptions: Temple, UMass, URI (large and public), St. Bonneventure (Catholic and private, but very very rural).

appfan2008
May 1st, 2007, 01:58 PM
it would be nice to see him have some success

Fresno St. Alum
May 1st, 2007, 02:16 PM
It's certainly a better fit geographically for them than the Atlantic 10*. At the time they accepted the invitation, the A10 was unquestionably stronger than the MVC. That tells me the MVC could drop off the radar just as fast.

Best case scenario for SLU basketball is to become a dominating team in the A-10 with regular NCAA Tournament experiences. Meanwhile, the MVC maintains it's current level of play, or better yet, gets better still. In that situation, both the MVC and SLU should pursue each other. To jump now is not necessarily the wisest course, unless their AD is only concerned with reducing the travel budget.

Frankly, Xavier, Dayton and SLU are better fits geographically with the MVC. Otherwise, they fit in nicely with the A-10 which is composed primarily of small to mid-sized urban private universities, most of which are Catholic.
The exceptions: Temple, UMass, URI (large and public), St. Bonneventure (Catholic and private, but very very rural).

I that SLU belongs in the MVC. I don't think the MVC will disapear. There is a article on collegesportsinfo.com about SLU and the MVC. I talked to the guy that runs it and he said they are not going to the MVC.
I think Dayton and Xavier are a little east to be in the MVC. I do think that SLU & Butler would have been great.

Fresno St. Alum
May 1st, 2007, 02:17 PM
Is majerus gonna live in a hotel again like he did in Utah?

GeauxColonels
May 1st, 2007, 06:54 PM
I sure hope he did something about his health before jumping back in like this.

AppGuy04
May 1st, 2007, 06:55 PM
I sure hope he did something about his health before jumping back in like this.

I'm sure there are several "health" clauses in that contract