PDA

View Full Version : 2019 AGS Pick'em Contest

MTfan4life
August 25th, 2019, 02:42 PM
It's back! Time to get this thing rolling again. We had a great showing last year and a fun battle the whole way! Scrappy94 kind of cleaned all our clocks, but it was still great fun!

My goal is to make it FCS vs. FCS. So, we'll start this week and play until the final regular season weekend.

Scoring will be pretty basic, for the most part. One point for each correct game picked. There will be a couple of additional opportunities, though. The top game on the Pick'em form each week will be worth two points. Then there will be a couple bonus questions each week. If that person or persons gets the pick right on, they will get 2 bonus points. Just like last year, I'll keep the bonus questions weird, wild, and different each week! xrotatehx

I will try to get somewhere from 20-30 games each week and also try to include as many of the FCS conferences as possible. Just for fun, there will also be one lower division game each week, most likely pairing two top 25 teams against each other.

I'll keep a leaderboard going throughout the season.

The deadline for picks each week will be right before the first game on Saturday starts, usually around Noon Eastern time. Most often, I'll try not to include a Thursday or Friday night game. However, this first week, there are some good ones early, so they will be in there. You can still pick up until Saturday in those circumstances. You'll just miss the game if you submitted after each respective kickoff.

Here is the first week's slate of games: https://forms.gle/Qa7q8BqwGENiLuPa7

Seven of the 20 games are on Thursday, so don't wait until Friday/Saturday to get your picks in this week! Things will be back to normal week 2.

TheKingpin28
August 25th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Ready to lose again!

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2019, 06:25 PM
In

Daytripper
August 25th, 2019, 08:15 PM
I don't really understand this question: Name one of the three winners whose margin of victory will be the lowest.

What does the "three" refer to?

JSUSoutherner
August 25th, 2019, 08:47 PM
I don't really understand this question: Name one of the three winners whose margin of victory will be the lowest.

Who will be one of the three teams to win by the closest score.

IE who squeaks out a win.

Margin of Victory: if a team wins 21-17 the margin of Victory is 4.

Name a team with one of the three lowest margins.

MTfan4life
August 25th, 2019, 11:21 PM

I changed the wording. Sorry for the confusion. It sounded right in my head. haha

JALMOND
August 25th, 2019, 11:59 PM
It's back! Time to get this thing rolling again. We had a great showing last year and a fun battle the whole way! Scrappy94 kind of cleaned all our clocks, but it was still great fun!

My goal is to make it FCS vs. FCS. So, we'll start this week and play until the final regular season weekend.

Scoring will be pretty basic, for the most part. One point for each correct game picked. There will be a couple of additional opportunities, though. The top game on the Pick'em form each week will be worth two points. Then there will be a couple bonus questions each week. If that person or persons gets the pick right on, they will get 2 bonus points. Just like last year, I'll keep the bonus questions weird, wild, and different each week! xrotatehx

I will try to get somewhere from 20-30 games each week and also try to include as many of the FCS conferences as possible. Just for fun, there will also be one lower division game each week, most likely pairing two top 25 teams against each other.

I'll keep a leaderboard going throughout the season.

The deadline for picks each week will be right before the first game on Saturday starts, usually around Noon Eastern time. Most often, I'll try not to include a Thursday or Friday night game. However, this first week, there are some good ones early, so they will be in there. You can still pick up until Saturday in those circumstances. You'll just miss the game if you submitted after each respective kickoff.

Here is the first week's slate of games: https://forms.gle/Qa7q8BqwGENiLuPa7

Seven of the 20 games are on Thursday, so don't wait until Friday/Saturday to get your picks in this week! Things will be back to normal week 2.

I have to play this week, for no other reason than the Rocky/Dickinson game listed.xlolxxhypedxxhypedx

Bison56
August 26th, 2019, 07:15 AM
In

Bisonator
August 26th, 2019, 09:08 AM
In

wapiti
August 26th, 2019, 09:38 AM
In

SonuvaHenx2
August 26th, 2019, 10:35 AM
I'll play

BEAR
August 26th, 2019, 10:51 AM
I'm in.

Have no idea on most of those. xlolx

The Cats
August 26th, 2019, 11:01 AM
In

MR. CHICKEN
August 26th, 2019, 11:07 AM
..........NO DUH........xrolleyesx.......BRAWK!

Carolina010
August 26th, 2019, 11:17 AM
In

JacksFan40
August 26th, 2019, 11:19 AM
In

Scrappy94
August 26th, 2019, 11:30 AM
In

Catbooster
August 26th, 2019, 12:14 PM
In

Thanks for doing this.xthumbsupx

Catbooster
August 26th, 2019, 01:02 PM
The form lists San Diego at Cal-Poly. That should be Cal-poly at San Diego State.

I was running through it quickly and picked Poly at home, thinking it was the Pioneer League San Diego. Oops.

caribbeanhen
August 26th, 2019, 01:30 PM
Some tough games to start the slate

dbackjon
August 26th, 2019, 01:31 PM
In

dbackjon
August 26th, 2019, 01:35 PM
The form lists San Diego at Cal-Poly. That should be Cal-poly at San Diego State.

I was running through it quickly and picked Poly at home, thinking it was the Pioneer League San Diego. Oops.

No - it is San Diego at Cal Poly

https://www.gopoly.com/sports/fball/2019-20/schedule

Catbooster
August 26th, 2019, 01:49 PM
No - it is San Diego at Cal Poly

https://www.gopoly.com/sports/fball/2019-20/schedule

Hmm...I noticed Jalmond said at San Diego State so I googled - San Diego State still shows Weber: https://www.google.com/search?q=san+diego+state+football+schedule&oq=san+diego&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j0l3j69i60.5695j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
and Weber showed the same thing earlier xconfusedx. Also: https://goaztecs.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=454

edit to add: I'm sure I googled Weber initially, but went off of the google schedule, didn't click thru to Weber's site.
Another edit: San Diego Toreros also show playing Cal-Poly. I agree that is the game - just odd that San Diego State's site lists it. That's probably how it got onto the google schedules.

Edit: Cripes, I was flipping back and forth between Cal-Poly and Weber xdrunkyx

NDSUKurt
August 26th, 2019, 03:49 PM
In

jayhawkdaddy
August 26th, 2019, 04:32 PM
I'm IN

ncspiderfan
August 26th, 2019, 04:50 PM
In
Thanks

JSUSoutherner
August 26th, 2019, 05:38 PM
There was no requirement to say "In"

So I'm going to assume all of you are just trying to be as cool as me.

MTfan4life
August 26th, 2019, 11:01 PM

Or more likely, they're being nice to keep bumping the thread as high as possible on the list! Keep it away from the second page and we'll maximize our competitor total! xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

SUPharmacist
August 27th, 2019, 01:58 AM
Lets do this.

Catatonic
August 27th, 2019, 04:15 AM

I did the same thing. There is a world of difference between San Diego and San Diego State

Catatonic
August 27th, 2019, 04:16 AM
In

caribbeanhen
August 27th, 2019, 04:29 PM
Or more likely, they're being nice to keep bumping the thread as high as possible on the list! Keep it away from the second page and we'll maximize our competitor total! xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

this!

Katfan
August 27th, 2019, 07:42 PM
In

Catbooster
August 27th, 2019, 11:47 PM
bump

MSUBobcat
August 28th, 2019, 12:08 PM
In. I'm stating the fact not only to bump it, but to give MTfan a heads up in case he doesn't receive it for some reason.

TribePride52
August 28th, 2019, 02:26 PM
in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytripper
August 28th, 2019, 02:27 PM

Participating.

POD Knows
August 28th, 2019, 04:50 PM
In, way in, all up in there.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 28th, 2019, 04:55 PM
in

Schism55
August 28th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Hymen!

ElCid
August 28th, 2019, 08:54 PM
In...not sure why.xbawlingx

caribbeanhen
August 28th, 2019, 09:50 PM
In, way in, all up in there.

you better pick it up, you've been slacking at these games...

POD Knows
August 28th, 2019, 10:02 PM
you better pick it up, you've been slacking at these games...I am in this pick em to influence games, not to win the contest. I have a higher purpose than winning this, my calling is much higher.

MTfan4life
August 28th, 2019, 10:35 PM
As a reminder 7 of the 20 games for this week are on THURSDAY, so you probably want to get your picks in before kickoff tomorrow evening.

I'm also debating a change this year where you get to drop your worst week's score from your season total. That way if you miss a week or just have a dreadful week, it doesn't kill your season.

mvemjsunpx
August 29th, 2019, 01:19 AM
As a reminder 7 of the 20 games for this week are on THURSDAY, so you probably want to get your picks in before kickoff tomorrow evening.

It's really 8, I believe. The NC Central/Austin Peay game is also on Thursday.

(Jackson State/BCU is on Sunday, too, but that probably doesn't need to be noted).

mvemjsunpx
August 29th, 2019, 02:27 AM
In

ElCid
August 29th, 2019, 05:27 AM
I'm also debating a change this year where you get to drop your worst week's score from your season total. That way if you miss a week or just have a dreadful week, it doesn't kill your season.

That's a cool idea. You should come up with some kind of a bonus sometime around week 8-9 to allow folks a chance to catch the leaders. Not sure what, but maybe a few extra points for picking the playoff field correctly around then. Just spitballing.

As always, thanks for doing this.

Sycamore62
August 29th, 2019, 11:30 AM
IN. This has been the slowest week I can remember for a while.

REALBird
August 29th, 2019, 04:35 PM
I’m in. Just hope my picks were submitted

MTfan4life
August 29th, 2019, 06:03 PM
Last call for people who don't want to have an automatic 8 incorrect their first week!

ElCid
August 31st, 2019, 08:32 PM
So I picked Presbyterian as my team to score least amount of points. And since they didn't play, they scored exactly 0 points. So technically they scored the least amount of points......right?

Oh God I need the points bad after this week's games. LOL.

MTfan4life
September 1st, 2019, 07:11 AM
So I picked Presbyterian as my team to score least amount of points. And since they didn't play, they scored exactly 0 points. So technically they scored the least amount of points......right?

Oh God I need the points bad after this week's games. LOL.

Presby and Stetson pickers just get an unfortunate zero on the bonus questions. Every year with these damn hurricane games getting cancelled messing up what we're doing here! It's a busy weekend for me playing in a tournament both days, so the scores won't come out until either late tonight or early tomorrow. I can tell you this. A couple people killed it and I, the guy who picked Southern to beat McNeese, might be in last place. xlolx

I guess I can link the scoresheet. There's still one game today anyways:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SvHquDR2OAQMontWCFgP7hZ_Y-lBZm3AmwIb-ibw-88/edit?usp=sharing

ElCid
September 1st, 2019, 08:14 AM
Presby and Stetson pickers just get an unfortunate zero on the bonus questions. Every year with these damn hurricane games getting cancelled messing up what we're doing here! It's a busy weekend for me playing in a tournament both days, so the scores won't come out until either late tonight or early tomorrow. I can tell you this. A couple people killed it and I, the guy who picked Southern to beat McNeese, might be in last place. xlolx

I guess I can link the scoresheet. There's still one game today anyways:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SvHquDR2OAQMontWCFgP7hZ_Y-lBZm3AmwIb-ibw-88/edit?usp=sharing

I was just joking. I sucked wind this week and was trying to find a way to be ridiculously creative to improve my score😁

caribbeanhen
September 1st, 2019, 08:20 AM
I was just joking. I sucked wind this week and was trying to find a way to be ridiculously creative to improve my score

Hey El Cid, sucking Wind is probably not the best terminology to use right now with Dory forecasted to head up the East Coast.... looks like SC might be spared though, stay safe!

ElCid
September 1st, 2019, 08:24 AM
Hey El Cid, sucking Wind is probably not the best terminology to use right now with Dory forecasted to head up the East Coast.... looks like SC might be spared though, stay safe!

Thanks! I am at my beach house in Charleston right now walking around it and praying. We have it on the market. Eh, it survived Hugo.

MTfan4life
September 2nd, 2019, 01:09 PM
Finally posting this, haha.

Sycamore62

dbackjon

Gangtackle11

MR. CHICKEN

Roamingriz

bluefish

Catatonic

Daytripper

Hambone

Prime Power

ST_Lawson

TheKingpin28

JSUSoutherner

McNeese75

melloware13

MSUBobcat

mvemjsunpx

Bison56

bonarae

ElCid

JacksFan40

Mane man

POD Knows

Scrappy94

Bisonator

blackbeard

footballer23

Katfan

Lion1983

lionsrking2

maine612

NDSUKurt

SonuvaHenx2

TribePride52

caribbeanhen

da_Bison

Drblankstare

JALMOND

ming01

ncspiderfan

SUpharmacist

Wapiti

Bear84

CassBison

Fcsbuff319

Go Lehigh TU owl

MTfan4life

BEAR

Carolina010

Catbooster

Cockygeek

Preferred Walk-On

REALBird

Schism55

the cats

CenMEBlackBearFan

JALMOND
September 2nd, 2019, 10:55 PM
Well. at least I got the Rocky game correct.