PDA

View Full Version : Southern University Jaguars & The Human Jukebox AT McNeese Cowboys & Pride of McNeese

McCowboys
August 19th, 2019, 03:51 PM
McNeese opens its 2019 season by hosting the Jags of Southern University. Answer the poll above.

As a bonus, who will win the battle of the bands between the Human Jukebox and the Pride of McNeese? :)

ST_Lawson
August 19th, 2019, 04:02 PM
I think McNeese wins the game by less than 10 (possibly exactly 10...that wasn't an option though).
Southern's band wins the battle of the bands though.

BEAR
August 19th, 2019, 04:10 PM
McNeese by less than 10....and who wins the battle of the bands is really subjective. Just depends on what you like or which school you like.

McCowboys
August 19th, 2019, 04:14 PM
I think McNeese wins the game by less than 10 (possibly exactly 10...that wasn't an option though).
Southern's band wins the battle of the bands though.

This was my first time to do the poll. I messed up. I should have said 10 or less. I don't know if I can edit the poll or not. If I can, I will. Thanks!

McNeese75
August 19th, 2019, 04:16 PM
I can only hope McNeese wins but it is a tossup at this point (regardless what 5dimes is guessing).

I am afraid the battle of the bands is a forgone conclusion and it won't be the home team band coming out on top.

McNeese72
August 19th, 2019, 04:26 PM
I refuse to vote because I haven't seen enough of McNeese to get a read on this team. We just better be better on offense than last season. From what I have seen so far (which isn't much) we either have a real killer defense or.............. ;)

Doc

Edit: And I hate band arguments on messageboards.

McCowboys
August 19th, 2019, 04:29 PM
I refuse to vote because I haven't seen enough of McNeese to get a read on this team. We just better be better on offense than last season. From what I have seen so far (which isn't much) we either have a real killer defense or.............. ;)

Doc

Edit: And I hate band arguments on messageboards.

xthumbsupx

McCowboys
August 19th, 2019, 04:32 PM
Besides a new head football coach and staff, McNeese also has a new band director. The new band director will find it tough going up against the seasoned Human Jukebox.

Laker
August 19th, 2019, 04:33 PM
McNeese, less than ten.

Because I like teams named the Cowboys other than Dallas.

Band- Southern.

Outsider1
August 19th, 2019, 07:31 PM
I am sticking with my original SLC week #1 vote, but wouldn't be too surprised if I am wrong. I just know it is a toss up either way, but if Southern is going to do it this would be the year. Southern by less than 10 and the band to boot...

WestCoastAggie
August 19th, 2019, 07:44 PM
I got Southern and Alcorn winning in Lake Charles, LA against McNeese. However, The Cowboys will win the band battle against Alcorn. That band needs plenty of work.

McCowboys
August 20th, 2019, 06:56 AM
I got Southern and Alcorn winning in Lake Charles, LA against McNeese. However, The Cowboys will win the band battle against Alcorn. That band needs plenty of work.

Great news! The McNeese POM will be 1-1 on the early season! xlolx

POD Knows
August 21st, 2019, 01:02 PM
I got McNeese by a bunch, don't know about the bands.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 22nd, 2019, 07:58 PM
Lmao, they had issues post season, they were really solid during the regular season. Oh SU by 10, Jukebox is undefeated since 2000. They slipped up this one time vs FAMU but we embarrassed FAMU in 1999 so it was a payback thing lol.

McCowboys
August 23rd, 2019, 07:17 AM
Lmao, they had issues post season, they were really solid during the regular season. Oh SU by 10, Jukebox is undefeated since 2000. They slipped up this one time vs FAMU but we embarrassed FAMU in 1999 so it was a payback thing lol.

I am so looking forward to seeing The Human Jukebox LIVE!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPFyefL_Gsk&fbclid=IwAR1dbhXLM0t-EoAgZBX11_JXFPKF1DiiAOYZgYzmga0FHawAlHS_opSW-CE
(Thanks to Asa Thomas who posted this on McNeese's Facebook page.)

McCowboys
August 23rd, 2019, 07:20 AM
The Dunkel Index is calling the game even, while Vegas has given a slight edge to the Pokes: http://dunkelindex.com/football_level/ncaa-college/

OhioHen
August 23rd, 2019, 07:30 AM
As a bonus, who will win the battle of the bands between the Human Jukebox and the Pride of McNeese? :)

No contest - Human Jukebox in a landslide.

McNeese72
August 23rd, 2019, 09:12 PM
The Dunkel Index is calling the game even, while Vegas has given a slight edge to the Pokes: http://dunkelindex.com/football_level/ncaa-college/

I don't know how they can even figure that out. Even the McNeese fans have no clue about this year's team. I've never seen such a level of secrecy from McNeese football before a season before.

Doc

lionsrking2
August 23rd, 2019, 10:31 PM
I don't know how they can even figure that out. Even the McNeese fans have no clue about this year's team. I've never seen such a level of secrecy from McNeese football before a season before.

Doc

They don't have it figured out. Just say whatever and watch fans roll with it as gospel. What a country.