PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota vs Montana

THE DANIMAL
August 14th, 2019, 12:11 PM
Hello everyone, so since we are two weeks away from the start of the season I was wondering if any South Dakota fans can tell me about your team such as strengths, weaknesses, returning starters etc.?

Yote 53
August 14th, 2019, 12:55 PM
USD has a good QB and good receivers. RBs are fine but everything hinges on the offensive line. If the OL sucks this year we are going nowhere.

Defensively we've hired a new D-Coordinator who has a reputation of being unconventional. I think there are enough pieces and playmakers on defense to get the job done.

To sum up the Coyote team this year: It all depends on the O-Line.

kab
August 14th, 2019, 01:56 PM
5 dimes has Montana as 3 1/2 point dogs in this game
Doesn't seem right

THE DANIMAL
August 14th, 2019, 02:40 PM
USD has a good QB and good receivers. RBs are fine but everything hinges on the offensive line. If the OL sucks this year we are going nowhere.

Defensively we've hired a new D-Coordinator who has a reputation of being unconventional. I think there are enough pieces and playmakers on defense to get the job done.

To sum up the Coyote team this year: It all depends on the O-Line.

Thanks for the information. I'm no expert on the ins and outs of the Griz, so I'll leave that up to other posters, but our season likely hinges on the OL and DL also. We dang near return every single person on offense this year but our OL was mediocre at best last year. I'm not sure how much improvement we made in the off season. We brought in a couple OL transfers via the JUCO route and hopefully they can make an immediate impact. Our defense should be solid but again the DL seems thin depth wise at the moment and I'm not sure what to expect at this point. Our LB's and secondary should be able to hold their own. I truly believe that Bobby Hauck going into his second year with the team will have a positive impact for the Griz this year, but you never know.

Last year the Griz led going into the 4th quarter in 10 out of our 11 games but somehow managed to **** the bed and lose the game 50% of the time. If we can somehow get that issue straightened out I think we are going to be a very good team by the end of the year. Time will tell.

Bison56
August 14th, 2019, 02:55 PM
Poll?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 14th, 2019, 06:44 PM
Poll?

There is a poll on it.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 14th, 2019, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the information. I'm no expert on the ins and outs of the Griz, so I'll leave that up to other posters, but our season likely hinges on the OL and DL also. We dang near return every single person on offense this year but our OL was mediocre at best last year. I'm not sure how much improvement we made in the off season. We brought in a couple OL transfers via the JUCO route and hopefully they can make an immediate impact. Our defense should be solid but again the DL seems thin depth wise at the moment and I'm not sure what to expect at this point. Our LB's and secondary should be able to hold their own. I truly believe that Bobby Hauck going into his second year with the team will have a positive impact for the Griz this year, but you never know.

Last year the Griz led going into the 4th quarter in 10 out of our 11 games but somehow managed to **** the bed and lose the game 50% of the time. If we can somehow get that issue straightened out I think we are going to be a very good team by the end of the year. Time will tell.

Oline was as you say a problem last season. Here is something you might find fills in the holes a bit on what we have this season.

https://gogriz.com/news/2019/8/6/New-look-Grizzly-O-Line-bigger-and-better-in-2019-.aspx