PDA

View Full Version : Standardized injury reports (NFL-style) - yay or nay?

bonarae
August 7th, 2019, 08:07 PM
Some FBS conferences tried to implement it in the past few seasons but for this season, the NCAA is shutting the door on any injury / availability reports. Reasons related to gambling are the reasons why.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190807180655852053108&ref=hea&tm=&src=

Should the injury report be revisited and possibly implemented in the future, would your conference and/or team implement it at all? xchinscratchx

lionsrking2
August 7th, 2019, 08:29 PM
Some FBS conferences tried to implement it in the past few seasons but for this season, the NCAA is shutting the door on any injury / availability reports. Reasons related to gambling are the reasons why.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20190807180655852053108&ref=hea&tm=&src=

Should the injury report be revisited and possibly implemented in the future, would your conference and/or team implement it at all? xchinscratchx

Against it

Bisonoline
August 7th, 2019, 08:37 PM
Never saw the reason to have an injury report.

Redbird 4th & short
August 8th, 2019, 12:35 AM
Only if it could be properly monitored and enforced for accuracy. If not, don't waste our time. From scouting standpoint, I don't much care .. from gambling standpoint, I would care a lot ... but it's FCS, so not a lot of gambling compared to FBS or NFL, I would imagine.

So probably not worth it because I doubt it would be enforced in any real way.

Professor Chaos
August 8th, 2019, 06:45 AM
Never saw the reason to have an injury report.
Only reason the NFL has them is for betting lines and fantasy football.

JSUSoutherner
August 8th, 2019, 06:49 AM
No, a student's health is no one's business.

Reign of Terrier
August 8th, 2019, 08:03 AM

Yep, they're not pros, stop treating them as such, unless you're going to pay them (this is not an invitation to open that can of worms)

Redbird 4th & short
August 8th, 2019, 08:34 AM
Yep, they're not pros, stop treating them as such .... period !!!
you had me hook, line, and sinker for the first half of your post, so ... FIFY

bonarae
August 8th, 2019, 09:55 AM
For some media, this would be at a disadvantage to them, as they tend to share why players are not in practice or in uniform for gamedays. But some lesser conferences and teams are not even open to sharing why players were suspended, injured, etc. I am not sure if "team rules" situations also apply here, since they are treated as confidential to the team and its members. We virtually never know what kind or how common these "team rules" are across schools. xtwocentsx

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
August 8th, 2019, 10:05 AM
For some media, this would be at a disadvantage to them, as they tend to share why players are not in practice or in uniform for gamedays. But some lesser conferences and teams are not even open to sharing why players were suspended, injured, etc. I am not sure if "team rules" situations also apply here, since they are treated as confidential to the team and its members. We virtually never know what kind or how common these "team rules" are across schools. xtwocentsx

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

I mean if the student is open with disclosing the information and the team okays it I don't see any issue with it, but there should be exactly nothing requiring that information to be disclosed.

WestCoastAggie
August 8th, 2019, 10:32 AM
I'm actually for it. It seems that by making this public, it could help contribute to player's safety.

Bisonoline
August 8th, 2019, 04:36 PM
I'm actually for it. It seems that by making this public, it could help contribute to player's safety.

How????

dgtw
August 8th, 2019, 07:05 PM

Neither is that of people in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lionsrking2
August 8th, 2019, 09:27 PM

The exact opposite is more likely. If a player has a disclosed injury, but still able to play, opponents could target that player for a "little extra" through the whistle. Beyond the team a player is on, it's nobody's business who's injured or not.

JSUSoutherner
August 8th, 2019, 09:39 PM
Neither is that of people in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's an entirely different can of worms.