PDA

View Full Version : 2019 The FCS Wedge Podcasts & Articles

SUPharmacist
August 7th, 2019, 12:19 AM
Just listened to the new podcast episode. Glad to have you guys back, and I apppreciate being dragged out of my NDSU bunker to learn about what else is going on at the FCS level. Keep up the good work.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2019, 11:24 AM
Just listened to the new podcast episode. Glad to have you guys back, and I appreciate being dragged out of my NDSU bunker to learn about what else is going on at the FCS level. Keep up the good work.

How do you listen SU? Glad to be back and glad to have you listening in.

I better go start a 2019 thread. Been behind a bit and you lit a fire on this one.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2019, 11:29 AM
Here we go, getting the new football season talk started on The FCS Wedge.

Catbooster
August 7th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Noticed the podcast in my feed this morning and listened over lunch. Great Job as usual. Football season's almost here! xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
August 7th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Anyway we can get this on Spotify? I usually have this playing in the background at work and would be enjoyable to get it through there as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 7th, 2019, 05:18 PM
Anyway we can get this on Spotify? I usually have this playing in the background at work and would be enjoyable to get it through there as well.

I'll look into it man. I am having several issues all around starting this year and one of them appears to be stitcher not updating so this new episode is on apple but not stitcher from what I see so gonna try and fix that tomorrow and then will move on to the spotify task.

I don't know why I haven't put the link up here yet but you can jump off Sotify for a 1/2 hr. and click this one:

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019/08/06/the-fcs-wedge-2019-0807--wk01-preview

TheKingpin28
August 7th, 2019, 06:21 PM
I'll look into it man. I am having several issues all around starting this year and one of them appears to be stitcher not updating so this new episode is on apple but not stitcher from what I see so gonna try and fix that tomorrow and then will move on to the spotify task.

I don't know why I haven't put the link up here yet but you can jump off Sotify for a 1/2 hr. and click this one:

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019/08/06/the-fcs-wedge-2019-0807--wk01-preview

I will for sure hit it up tomorrow during work. I look forward to it every week during football season so it will be nice to hear a couple of familiar voices.

SUPharmacist
August 7th, 2019, 06:51 PM
How do you listen SU?

I use an app on my phone called podcast addict, not sure where they get their feed from however.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2019, 11:30 AM
I use an app on my phone called podcast addict, not sure where they get their feed from however.

Cool, thanks man. I will look at that one.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2019, 01:54 PM
New episode is up for this week's preview.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/the-fcs-wedge-2019-0807-wk1-p-2/

clenz
August 15th, 2019, 01:59 PM
It's up on Google Podcast - which is my main podcast app - the names of the episodes are the only "issue" but they aren't an issue at all really. Just don't have the "fancy" title like other podcasts episodes do. No big deal at all.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2019, 02:01 PM
It's up on Google Podcast - which is my main podcast app - the names of the episodes are the only "issue" but they aren't an issue at all really. Just don't have the "fancy" title like other podcasts episodes do. No big deal at all.

Well, I didn't even know it was up there. How do I fix it and make it better on the title?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 28th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Here is a link to The FCS Wedge page on Google Podcasts. It auto updates like most do when I put them up on Wednesdays and Thursdays going forward. There are 4 up already for the preseason where Lance & Kris go over the AGS Poll T40 in a 10 team run down each week.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmxvZ3RhbGtyYWRpby5jb20vdGhl LWZjcy13ZWRnZS9wb2RjYXN0

I gotta get better at promoting these things here man. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 28th, 2019, 06:24 PM
BTW, there are currently no people writing for most of the conferences so if you want to do a recap or preview for any certain conference except the PL then let me know with a pm.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2019, 12:38 PM
The new podcast (review) is up.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/the-fcs-wedge-2019-0904-wk1-preview/

ursus arctos horribilis
September 5th, 2019, 01:45 PM
Week 2 preview show is up.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/the-fcs-wedge-2019-0904-wk2-preview/

kalm
September 6th, 2019, 07:02 AM
That Lance guy is a snarky and abusive SOB!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2019, 11:54 AM
That Lance guy is a snarky and abusive SOB!

xlolx

Preferred Walk-On
September 9th, 2019, 06:49 AM
Agree that Weber State is not winning because of Jake Constantine, they are winning in spite of him. Looking forward to this week's podcast, now that I have discovered how to listen to podcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalm
September 9th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Agree that Weber State is not winning because of Jake Constantine, they are winning in spite of him. Looking forward to this week's podcast, now that I have discovered how to listen to podcasts.

Welcome on board, PWO! Feel free to let us know any topics you'd like addressed.

Dukie95
September 19th, 2019, 12:09 PM
Guys, great job on the podcast. Long time listener here. As I get older, I just don't have the time to participate on these threads and keep up with things like I used to, so thanks for providing all I need to know in subway-commute sized bites.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Guys, great job on the podcast. Long time listener here. As I get older, I just don't have the time to participate on these threads and keep up with things like I used to, so thanks for providing all I need to know in subway-commute sized bites.

Ah, very cool man glad you grab it and give a listen. Thanks for the input Duke.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Here is the main page btw for the articles and podcast (2) for this week.

http://thefcswedge.com/

RabidRabbit
September 19th, 2019, 02:34 PM
Really enjoying the fcs blog. Did want to address SDSU vs Drake hohum response. For both the LIU and Drake games, SDSU never played the Starting QB vs MN. Further, many starters played limited minutes to give starters more rest, but also to avoid another UAPB blowout. Note that neither Drake or LIU had touchdowns before fourth qtr. Stig believes in winning but hates to humble the other team.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 25th, 2019, 03:33 PM
New podcast.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-0925-wk4-review/

ursus arctos horribilis
September 26th, 2019, 12:17 PM
Week 5 preview is up.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-0925-wk5-preview/

I can not believe we are heading into week 5 already.

Dukie95
October 4th, 2019, 07:49 AM
Am I doing something wrong, or is this week's preview still not out?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 4th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Am I doing something wrong, or is this week's preview still not out?

No my man, that was me. I had to be out of touch for the last couple days pretty much and it just went up this morning...or for you it might have been afternoon. Sorry it is late, I should have put a post up here about that.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-1002-wk6-preview/

It is honestly flattering that you knew it, thank you.

Dukie95
October 4th, 2019, 03:18 PM
It just appeared. Thanks!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2019, 06:47 PM
This week's shows:

Wk 6 Review
http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-1009-wk6-review/

Wk 7 Preview
http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-1009-wk7-preview/

The FCS Homer Show - A show we will probably do every few weeks or so with a member here on the site doing some game picks and other AGS related style banter. This week it was Thumper 76 jumping into the lion's den that is a by product of Lance & Kris doing a show together.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-1009-wk7-preview-2/

Preferred Walk-On
October 11th, 2019, 01:42 PM
This week's shows:

Wk 6 Review
http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-1009-wk6-review/

Wk 7 Preview
http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-1009-wk7-preview/

The FCS Homer Show - A show we will probably do every few weeks or so with a member here on the site doing some game picks and other AGS related style banter. This week it was Thumper 76 jumping into the lion's den that is a by product of Lance & Kris doing a show together.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-1009-wk7-preview-2/

Hey Kris, Lance, and Brendan. Just finished listening to podcast 3 of 3 this week. I listen to and from work, so it has been great to listen to during the commutes on Wed, Thurs, and Fri this week. I appreciate the work you guys do, and I also appreciate the shout out for the GOTW thread.

Second, I must apologize, as I heard some confusion about whether or not SEMO was in the Top25 vs. ORV, and it reminded me of something I have been meaning to address. When I put up the GOTW list and short descriptions, it is typically on Sun evenings, which allows me to put a 5 day voting window into the poll that ends on Fri evening. However, it also precludes me from providing the updated rankings from the AGS poll that will close the next day when I initially post the thread. I had contemplated going back each week and updating the rankings in the description using the post-edit function; however, I was unsure if it mattered much. If it would help you guys, I would be happy to edit the post to include updated rankings once the AGS poll comes out on Mondays. Just let me know if you would like me to do that, and I will make it happen.

Thanks again for all you do, and I really wish I would have started listening to the podcasts in years past. I have been enjoying them, and keep up the good work.

MTfan4life
October 11th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Hey Kris, Lance, and Brendan. Just finished listening to podcast 3 of 3 this week. I listen to and from work, so it has been great to listen to during the commutes on Wed, Thurs, and Fri this week. I appreciate the work you guys do, and I also appreciate the shout out for the GOTW thread.

Second, I must apologize, as I heard some confusion about whether or not SEMO was in the Top25 vs. ORV, and it reminded me of something I have been meaning to address. When I put up the GOTW list and short descriptions, it is typically on Sun evenings, which allows me to put a 5 day voting window into the poll that ends on Fri evening. However, it also precludes me from providing the updated rankings from the AGS poll that will close the next day when I initially post the thread. I had contemplated going back each week and updating the rankings in the description using the post-edit function; however, I was unsure if it mattered much. If it would help you guys, I would be happy to edit the post to include updated rankings once the AGS poll comes out on Mondays. Just let me know if you would like me to do that, and I will make it happen.

Thanks again for all you do, and I really wish I would have started listening to the podcasts in years past. I have been enjoying them, and keep up the good work.

That's not at all a problem as it would just take a simple edit on our end. Old man kalm sometimes doesn't notice those things. Sometimes I wonder if he's actually a great grandfather stuck in a younger man's body. I remember looking down the line of games we were talking about and thinking, "none of those rankings look right! Where did we get those numbers from?" So now it all makes sense. We do most of our show prep before Monday's poll comes out. But, like I said, all it would take is a quick edit, as we eventually have the exact poll posted within our show script document.

Thank you for the comments on the show! It's nice to hear from our listeners! Feel free to share away to anyone you think might be interested.

kalm
October 11th, 2019, 11:28 PM
That's not at all a problem as it would just take a simple edit on our end. Old man kalm sometimes doesn't notice those things. Sometimes I wonder if he's actually a great grandfather stuck in a younger man's body. I remember looking down the line of games we were talking about and thinking, "none of those rankings look right! Where did we get those numbers from?" So now it all makes sense. We do most of our show prep before Monday's poll comes out. But, like I said, all it would take is a quick edit, as we eventually have the exact poll posted within our show script document.

Thank you for the comments on the show! It's nice to hear from our listeners! Feel free to share away to anyone you think might be interested.

Oh for ****s sake. Of course you know...this means war!

And thx for the offer and nice words, PWO. At least SOME of us appreciate the support!

Preferred Walk-On
October 14th, 2019, 08:12 PM

Oh for ****s sake. Of course you know...this means war!

And thx for the offer and nice words, PWO. At least SOME of us appreciate the support!

Gentlemen, I edited the GOTW thread to indicate the updated rankings for each matchup, where applicable (w/ last week's ranking in parentheses). If you have any suggestions for doing this differently, just let me know. Looking forward to this week's podcasts.

Preferred Walk-On
October 18th, 2019, 01:13 PM
I think this year's schedule is working to NDSU's advantage. Their stretch of 5 weeks with 4 very good opponents in there ends Nov 2, and there will still be three weeks of the season left. This allows them to potentially take a loss at SDSU, yet still win out and have some favorable losses by other teams that might allow them to drop a bit, then rise back into a 1-2 seed. SDSU, for example would still have to play Illinois State and Northern Iowa (whom they have struggled against in the past).

JMU (and Villanova) has a similar situation to NDSU, in that the meat of their schedule will have been played (although JMU still has 10/26 Towson and 11/09 New Hampshire). If they did not have their BYE on Nov 2, I might say a loss to UNH would not be as detrimental to recovering to earn a 1-2 seed. JMU also has the H2H with Villanova, so I don't see those Wildcats getting a 1-2 seed (but it is possible), unless they obliterate their remaining schedule, which includes Stony Brook and New Hampshire.

If Montana gets by Sac State they could jump up, but the meat of their schedule is the last two weeks, so staying there could be a challenge. Weber State's schedule looks difficult to finish, similar to Montana. If Sac State can get by Montana and 11/02 Weber State, they have a favorable last three weeks (although they do end with UC Davis).

As for Furman, Nicholls, and Kennesaw, their SOS appears to be the major potential hurdle for getting a 1-2 seed, but it is possible. Furthermore, Furman ends with a D2, and Kennesaw with Gardner-Webb (assuming they have not been beaten by Monmouth or someone else in the Big South), not exactly the last impression you want to make for the committee. If Nicholls gets by Sam Houston State and 11/02 Incarnate Word, they finish with Southeastern Louisiana, which could make an impression with the committee, but the Southland SOS would likely come into play.

Long story, longer, it looks like NDSU and JMU could have a minor slip up and still get a 1-2 seed, just because they would have a couple of weeks to recover, and the teams that are likely to move into those positions have a difficult end to the season. As an NDSU fan, I really don't care if it is 1 or 2, because regionalization ultimately makes it so that it does not matter.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2019, 01:34 PM
I think this year's schedule is working to NDSU's advantage. Their stretch of 5 weeks with 4 very good opponents in there ends Nov 2, and there will still be three weeks of the season left. This allows them to potentially take a loss at SDSU, yet still win out and have some favorable losses by other teams that might allow them to drop a bit, then rise back into a 1-2 seed. SDSU, for example would still have to play Illinois State and Northern Iowa (whom they have struggled against in the past).

JMU (and Villanova) has a similar situation to NDSU, in that the meat of their schedule will have been played (although JMU still has 10/26 Towson and 11/09 New Hampshire). If they did not have their BYE on Nov 2, I might say a loss to UNH would not be as detrimental to recovering to earn a 1-2 seed. JMU also has the H2H with Villanova, so I don't see those Wildcats getting a 1-2 seed (but it is possible), unless they obliterate their remaining schedule, which includes Stony Brook and New Hampshire.

If Montana gets by Sac State they could jump up, but the meat of their schedule is the last two weeks, so staying there could be a challenge. Weber State's schedule looks difficult to finish, similar to Montana. If Sac State can get by Montana and 11/02 Weber State, they have a favorable last three weeks (although they do end with UC Davis).

As for Furman, Nicholls, and Kennesaw, their SOS appears to be the major potential hurdle for getting a 1-2 seed, but it is possible. Furthermore, Furman ends with a D2, and Kennesaw with Gardner-Webb (assuming they have not been beaten by Monmouth or someone else in the Big South), not exactly the last impression you want to make for the committee. If Nicholls gets by Sam Houston State and 11/02 Incarnate Word, they finish with Southeastern Louisiana, which could make an impression with the committee, but the Southland SOS would likely come into play.

Long story, longer, it looks like NDSU and JMU could have a minor slip up and still get a 1-2 seed, just because they would have a couple of weeks to recover, and the teams that are likely to move into those positions have a difficult end to the season. As an NDSU fan, I really don't care if it is 1 or 2, because regionalization ultimately makes it so that it does not matter.

Nice points on the schedules. I bet these guys have been looking at this as well. Maybe they pick this up and do some questions on it or something similar.

I always like the Three Big Questions part of it. Even when it's only two questions. xlolx

kalm
October 20th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Nice points on the schedules. I bet these guys have been looking at this as well. Maybe they pick this up and do some questions on it or something similar.

I always like the Three Big Questions part of it. Even when it's only two questions. xlolx

I think the third big question should be a weekly fixture of what did Kris get wrong on this episode answered by Lance in full snark mode.

Preferred Walk-On
October 20th, 2019, 11:56 AM
I think the third big question should be a weekly fixture of what did Kris get wrong on this episode answered by Lance in full snark mode.

How does this differ from normal mode? Sorry Lance, had to ask. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2019, 12:54 PM

Yes, should have gotten to this earlier but that is a good one.

BTW, new episode is out.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-1023-wk8-review/

ursus arctos horribilis
October 23rd, 2019, 01:49 PM
I don't know if this helps anyone or not and could use some feedback but I can also put up a link to download these to the computer if anyone wants to play it that way as well....I think. I haven't tried this before so let me know if it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qe5nv5k9g2r38mx/2019_1023thefcswedgeWK8_r.mp3/file

BTW, there is no ads, malware, or anything else with this it is just a straight up mp3 file of the podcast.

Dukie95
October 24th, 2019, 10:19 AM
Kris said JMU was 89th in passing yards allowed. Not sure where that came from, but I see 57th here.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/current/team/695/p2

Stony Brook, actually, messed it up by passing for 318

To Kris' credit. I know it was hard to find a stat that JMU is not in the top 10. ;)

Edit: Maybe he was looking at total passing yards, but JMU is one of the few to have played an 8 game schedule.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 24th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Kris said JMU was 89th in passing yards allowed. Not sure where that came from, but I see 57th here.

To Kris' credit. I know it was hard to find a stat that JMU is not in the top 10. ;)

Edit: Maybe he was looking at total passing yards, but JMU is one of the few to have played an 8 game schedule.

Oooh, this is gonna look good when Lance gets ahold of this one for the next "What did Kris get wrong" question. xlolx

MTfan4life
October 25th, 2019, 12:33 AM

I'm pretty sure Kris gets his stats from STATS.

Sure enough: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/teamstats.asp?report=teamhome&team=0196

Defense (FCS Rank)

Yards:
2339 (30)

Passing Yards:
1793 (89)

Rushing Yards:
546 (4)

Points per game:
16.9 (9)

Yards per game:
292.4 (6)

Touchdowns:
16 (20)

Field Goals:
8 (88)

kalm
October 25th, 2019, 08:47 AM
I'm pretty sure Kris gets his stats from STATS.

Sure enough: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/teamstats.asp?report=teamhome&team=0196

Ha! In your face, Ursus!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 25th, 2019, 01:39 PM
Ha! In your face, Ursus!

I'm not sure that is correct usage. I mean hell you were using the previous week's rankings which are now being done correctly due to the Luddite Lifting Team propping you up so I believe it completely possible that you may be looking at historical stats from 1989 at this point.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 31st, 2019, 12:20 AM
Review show yesterday, preview show going up now so click here and get them if you feel like it.

http://thefcswedge.com/

ursus arctos horribilis
October 31st, 2019, 12:15 PM
A note from twitter.

https://twitter.com/papi4481/status/1189719508065247232 (https://twitter.com/papi4481/status/1189719508065247232)

ursus arctos horribilis
October 31st, 2019, 12:23 PM
https://twitter.com/AGSFCS/status/1189769936404721664

ursus arctos horribilis
October 31st, 2019, 12:24 PM
https://twitter.com/papi4481/status/1189770114448494593

kalm
October 31st, 2019, 09:14 PM
https://twitter.com/papi4481/status/1189770114448494593

Dammit! I should have caught that.

Dukie95
November 6th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Just one note from today's podcast. Villanova's Justin Convington was declared out for the season following an injury in Week 6 against W&M. He has missed three games and remains their leading rusher. It was a big loss.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 8th, 2019, 01:21 PM
Just one note from today's podcast. Villanova's Justin Convington was declared out for the season following an injury in Week 6 against W&M. He has missed three games and remains their leading rusher. It was a big loss.

I thought Lance had mentioned that? I'll have to go give a listen and see what we missed there but he corrected after Kris added something from my memory but maybe missed a detail.

Dukie95
November 8th, 2019, 02:47 PM
I thought Lance had mentioned that? I'll have to go give a listen and see what we missed there but he corrected after Kris added something from my memory but maybe missed a detail.

No worries. in the preview show, you cleared it up. It was in the review show when you didn't seem to understand why he wasn't playing.

Excellent work the the Montana AD. You guys did a great job asking the right questions. Should be required listening for all.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 8th, 2019, 03:06 PM
No worries. in the preview show, you cleared it up. It was in the review show when you didn't seem to understand why he wasn't playing.

Excellent work the the Montana AD. You guys did a great job asking the right questions. Should be required listening for all.

I've heard that twice in the last hour now. xlolx

You remind to post that link up over here and thank you for the compliments on it. Appreciate it very much.

Selection Show Education Podcast...

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmxvZ3RhbGtyYWRpby5jb20vdGhl LWZjcy13ZWRnZS9wb2RjYXN0

uni88
November 17th, 2019, 02:40 PM

xthumbsupx Finally got a chance to listen to it. Excellent work by Lance and Kris!

RootinFerDukes
November 17th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Is there any way to post the intro/outro music credits each podcast episode? I often like the song and wish I knew who it was to look up the artist. Thanks.

kalm
November 17th, 2019, 03:33 PM
xthumbsupx Finally got a chance to listen to it. Excellent work by Lance and Kris!

Thanks, homie!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Is there any way to post the intro/outro music credits each podcast episode? I often like the song and wish I knew who it was to look up the artist. Thanks.

That si a great suggestion man. I will make that change. The one song last week was a guitar riff or just some screwing around by our very own cleets which many of you don't really know as he barely posts here anymore. But I will cite em' going forward and also get you a list from the pervious ones If I can.

kalm
November 18th, 2019, 02:51 PM
That si a great suggestion man. I will make that change. The one song last week was a guitar riff or just some screwing around by our very own cleets which many of you don't really know as he barely posts here anymore. But I will cite em' going forward and also get you a list from the pervious ones If I can.

I thought I had detected the subtle tones of smug prickishness in that guitar work! 😁

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2019, 03:39 PM
I thought I had detected the subtle tones of smug prickishness in that guitar work! 

Indeed, I have a couple of others I've used before too but they are all just called "cleets music" xlolx

I talked to him a few weeks ago and said "Hey, you ought to send me some more clips so I can use them on the show" and he said "What? I've sent you music?!" I sent him a new reply to an old email showing which mp3's they were and I felt comfortable that I have more than just kalm in my life not knowing jack **** about what we've done or talked about.

kalm
November 18th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Indeed, I have a couple of others I've used before too but they are all just called "cleets music" xlolx

I talked to him a few weeks ago and said "Hey, you ought to send me some more clips so I can use them on the show" and he said "What? I've sent you music?!" I sent him a new reply to an old email showing which mp3's they were and I felt comfortable that I have more than just kalm in my life not knowing jack **** about what we've done or talked about.

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2019, 04:32 PM
I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Me: "Hey Kris, I sent you a really nice mic a couple years back so why does your audio always sound like crap?"

Kris: "What? You've sent me a mic?!"

But I got your joke as it were.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2019, 10:54 PM
Just finished tomorrow's show.

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019/11/19/2019-1120--wk12-review

You can also easily subscribe at your favorite phone style player here if you would like to.

Itunes
(https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-fcs-wedge/id557271012)
Google Podcast (https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmxvZ3RhbGtyYWRpby5jb20vdGhl LWZjcy13ZWRnZS9wb2RjYXN0)

It takes about an hour to load up to Google and Itunes will have it up in about 12 hrs. normally.

The bumper is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IcecMc1lvc

Dukie95
November 20th, 2019, 07:33 AM
Someone has a new mic...Lance sounded great today.

Thanks for the shout-out, too!

kalm
November 20th, 2019, 07:50 AM

SMFH...

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2019, 12:16 PM

Always good getting feedback from you guys here on the board so gotta acknowledge it every here and again.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2019, 12:22 PM

On the mic thing. I think Lance was a little more on the mic distance this week as far as staying in a certain range or not talking when looking away at notes or something but Kris had to use a headset in order to force some mic discipline (distance) as opposed to him using just the phone this week. It helped a great deal in that regard but it detracts in making things tinier sounding. So, I went to the equalizer to try and make Kris' sound a bit better. It helped but it ups Lance's sound as well and Lance uses a good mic I sent him already so he's on a better platform. We ever get Kris there it will sound pretty good.

kalm
November 20th, 2019, 02:05 PM
On the mic thing. I think Lance was a little more on the mic distance this week as far as staying in a certain range or not talking when looking away at notes or something but Kris had to use a headset in order to force some mic discipline (distance) as opposed to him using just the phone this week. It helped a great deal in that regard but it detracts in making things tinier sounding. So, I went to the equalizer to try and make Kris' sound a bit better. It helped but it ups Lance's sound as well and Lance uses a good mic I sent him already so he's on a better platform. We ever get Kris there it will sound pretty good.

Sigh

As you should know by now, mine is a speed/bandwidth problem rather than a mic problem (I have the newer version of Lance’s Mic but it won’t work at 8 MBS.)

I have trudged through driving rain and howling winds to get to a place to make the show sound better (no applause necessary, just doin’ ma job).

Luckily, I just got a call from the internet peoples that fiber should be up and running next week!

At which point my already dulcet tones will be THAT much better and hopefully allow listeners to forget the corn-fed-combine needs a tune up gravelly hollerings of my partner.

Luddite, out!

Catbooster
November 20th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Sigh

As you should know by now, mine is a speed/bandwidth problem rather than a mic problem (I have the newer version of Lance’s Mic but it won’t work at 8 MBS.)

I have trudged through driving rain and howling winds to get to a place to make the show sound better (no applause necessary, just doin’ ma job).

Luckily, I just got a call from the internet peoples that fiber should be up and running next week!

At which point my already dulcet tones will be THAT much better and hopefully allow listeners to forget the corn-fed-combine needs a tune up gravelly hollerings of my partner.

Luddite, out!
Uphill both ways?

Was it Petticoat Junction or Green Acres, or ? that they would climb the telephone poles to make a call? From now on I'll be picturing Kris hanging onto the side of a telephone pole with an old phone tapped into the lines when I'm listening to the podcast.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Sigh

Luddite, out!

I absolutely do know why it isn't working, I still wish we had a way to get it working which from what you say may be on the way. Luckily, we have one, or 1 1/2 more shows to see if we got it right. xlolx

That is the richest part of it because at the beginning of the year I said "Hey let's do 4 shows leading up the season to make sure we have all the kinks worked out by the time it starts".

You're my boy LuddiKris!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Uphill both ways?

Was it Petticoat Junction or Green Acres, or ? that they would climb the telephone poles to make a call? From now on I'll be picturing Kris hanging onto the side of a telephone pole with an old phone tapped into the lines when I'm listening to the podcast.

xlolx

You'd fit in well on our text group with me, Kris, & Lance cuz that is right down the line with a lot of the joking back and forth.

I informed Lance over the weekend I think it was that Kris has asked if he could get the podcast on reel to reel.

kalm
November 20th, 2019, 03:56 PM
I absolutely do know why it isn't working, I still wish we had a way to get it working which from what you say may be on the way. Luckily, we have one, or 1 1/2 more shows to see if we got it right. xlolx

That is the richest part of it because at the beginning of the year I said "Hey let's do 4 shows leading up the season to make sure we have all the kinks worked out by the time it starts".

You're my boy LuddiKris!

Damn straight I am, Artie!

(Deep cut Larry Sanders Show reference).

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Damn straight I am, Artie!

(Deep cut Larry Sanders Show reference).

Goddamnit, I don't know how much I gotta tell ya this but if you have to explain it it doesn't work. I got it, it was good, then it was bad. Why.

I was gonna buy that nice golf club you were selling me, I was on the hook. Now I'm walking out the door brother. Good luck affording that fiber hook up without this sale!

Catbooster
November 20th, 2019, 07:10 PM
So is this Troy trying to get Kris set up?

And Lance before you got him set up?

(it was Green Acres)

kalm
November 20th, 2019, 09:23 PM
Goddamnit, I don't know how much I gotta tell ya this but if you have to explain it it doesn't work. I got it, it was good, then it was bad. Why.

I was gonna buy that nice golf club you were selling me, I was on the hook. Now I'm walking out the door brother. Good luck affording that fiber hook up without this sale!

Explaining punch lines worked for Emo Phillips and Bob Zaney.

kalm
November 20th, 2019, 09:56 PM
(They were late 80’s/early 90’s comedians.)

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2019, 11:37 PM
So is this Troy trying to get Kris set up?

And Lance before you got him set up?

(it was Green Acres)

That's fairly close.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2019, 12:12 PM
Week 13 preview show is up.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-1120-wk13-preview/

Bumper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrLCU3k7MA

kalm
November 21st, 2019, 12:26 PM
Week 13 preview show is up.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2019-1120-wk13-preview/

Bumper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrLCU3k7MA

Thanks for using that, my man.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 21st, 2019, 12:28 PM
Thanks for using that, my man.

You bet, good pick brother.

RootinFerDukes
November 22nd, 2019, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the music/bumper note each week. I didn't realize Jack White has some solo music.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 22nd, 2019, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the music/bumper note each week. I didn't realize Jack White has some solo music.

It's a great album...of course.

I also compiled the list of already used. I obviously like using Duane Eddy and The Tragically Hip a lot as well because I just really like everything they ever did.

Duane Eddy - Ghost Riders In The Sky (http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMz8XRGxZdY)(Re-Recorded In Stereo)
Figure It Out
Ball Of Confusion (Re-record)
Dogs of War
Movin' On-Bumper
Turn To Stone
Simple Man
Symphony No. 10 In E Minor, Op. 9
After the Fire - Der Kommissar
Black Crowes - Twice As Hard
Fifth On The Floor - Distant Memory Lane
Cleets Music
Copperhead Road (Album Version)
Dance With The Devil (Original Hit Version)
DropMurphies-Shipping Up To Boston-bumper
Eels - Souljacker Pt. 1
I won't take you back (whistler tune)
If You Wanna Get To Heaven
Duane Eddy - Peter Gunn (Re-Recorded In Stereo)
Satellite Radio-Steve Earle
The Gap Band - Shake
Tragically Hip - Courage (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhpezwGtDEg)
The Tragically Hip - At The Hundredth Meridian (http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCFo0a8V-Ag)
Tragically Hip - So Hard Done By

So, there you go for this season. Should be caught up.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 8th, 2020, 06:29 PM
The final show of the season just went up.

http://thefcswedge.com/the-fcs-wedge/2020-0108-nc-show/