PDA

View Full Version : D2 over FCS?

smallcollegefbfan
April 29th, 2007, 12:50 PM
So far just 4 FCS players while 5 from the D2 ranks. Ben Patrick is still not drafted and neither has Travarous Bain or Courtney Brown. Not looking very good this year.

Bison06
April 29th, 2007, 03:36 PM
Looks like things have changed on this front in the last couple of rounds here.

smallcollegefbfan
April 29th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Looks like things have changed on this front in the last couple of rounds here.

Yeah it has. It was looking scary for a while. Glad to see D2 is being represented well though. Now, if D3 and NAIA can get just one pick it would be a great weekend for the small schools in that regard.

The only bad thing is that the FCS hasn't had 20 plus picks yet. 16 so far but that should surpass 20 here in the next 25 picks.

Pageoner
April 29th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Chris Leak won a national championship and hasnt even got drafted yet.
that sucks for him.

April 29th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah it has. It was looking scary for a while. Glad to see D2 is being represented well though. Now, if D3 and NAIA can get just one pick it would be a great weekend for the small schools in that regard.Are you lumping D-I FCS with II/III/NAIA? xnonox

smallcollegefbfan
April 29th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Are you lumping D-I FCS with II/III/NAIA? xnonox

They are still considered small colleges. The BCS schools don't want to be lumped with the FCS schools and the FCS doesn't want to be lumped with the other small college divisions.

Schools like Elon, Wofford, Marist, Duquesne, etc. all have more in common with D2 teams in terms of size and attendance than they do schools like Michigan and Ohio State.

The small schools need to stick together!

April 29th, 2007, 04:57 PM
They are still considered small colleges... Schools like Elon, Wofford, Marist, Duquesne, etc. all have more in common with D2 teams in terms of size and attendance than they do schools like Michigan and Ohio State...Elon, Wofford, Marist, Duquesne, Michigan and Ohio State are all D-I. Schools are measured by their Division in athletics. "Small College" is a derisive term that doesn't fit. There are many FCS schools larger than FBS ones in terms of size and attendance too.

smallcollegefbfan
April 29th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Elon, Wofford, Marist, Duquesne, Michigan and Ohio State are all D-I. Schools are measured by their Division in athletics.

I am just talking in terms of characteristics. Plus Marist and Duquesne are more likely to play a D2 team than they would Michigan. You are right about being D-I technically but in terms of comparing them in all other aspects they aren't as close.

April 29th, 2007, 05:09 PM
I am just talking in terms of characteristics. ...they aren't as close.There are many FCS schools larger than FBS ones in terms of size and attendance too.

appfan2008
April 30th, 2007, 09:13 AM
ralph you are so right on this one... we are not small college football!... we are division 1 football!

smallcollegefbfan
April 30th, 2007, 09:33 AM
There are many FCS schools larger than FBS ones in terms of size and attendance too.

There are a good bit. More schools in the FCS ranks are closer related to big D2 schools but there are 15-25 schools out there who are similiar to others. Heck there are some FCS schools bigger than Duke and others in the FCS. The big difference is in attendance as the top FCS school ranks around the 80s or so among FCS schools. Isn't that correct?

The bottom line is in terms of money, FCS schools aren't close and that is why they are in the FCS. If FCS schools had as much money as the BCS schools then there would be no FCS and they would all compete for the same championship.