PDA

View Full Version : Jermon Bushrod taken by Saints

smallcollegefbfan
April 29th, 2007, 11:31 AM
4th round, 125 overall. Congrats to Bushrod!

smallcollegefbfan
April 29th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I was thinking late 4th-mid 5th. It would have been good to see him go in the 3rd but this should be a great pick. He joins other small schoolers like Marques Colston and Jahri Evans on a great team.

andy7171
April 30th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Good for Bushrod! He earned this draft selection!
I see him as a right guard in the NFL. He really excels in pulling and getting into the open. I thought Dallas was going to take him a couple spots earlier. It was odd Sunday, I was in Circuit City looking for an antenna, I looked at the draft and the bottom had Bushrod as the 3rd best available on Kipers list. It was just odd.

GeauxColonels
April 30th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Congrats to him!!! The Saints have a knack for getting the small school guys that fit the NFL mold! Hope he can help us maintain the #1 offense ranking this coming season!

The local news radio guys are pretty high on him.

andy7171
May 1st, 2007, 07:01 AM
Congrats to him!!! The Saints have a knack for getting the small school guys that fit the NFL mold! Hope he can help us maintain the #1 offense ranking this coming season!

The local news radio guys are pretty high on him.
I see him as a guard in the NFL. He's very good at pulling out and lead blocking.

TexasTerror
May 1st, 2007, 07:24 AM
Article on Sean Payton, Saints HC and his ability to find guys at the 'small schools'...

Mickles: Payton no stranger to small schools

By SHELDON MICKLES
Advocate sportswriter
Published: May 1, 2007 - Page: 1C

If there’s anything we learned from the first two drafts that New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton has been a part of, it’s this: you have to know geography and small schools.

For the second year in a row, Payton and the Saints’ tireless scouts had media scrambling to the Internet for information during the two-day draft.

Last year, it was Bloomsburg. On Sunday, Wingate.

Let’s be honest here. Raise your hand if you knew where Wingate University was located (it’s in Wingate, N.C.) before the Saints chose cornerback David Jones in the fifth round Sunday.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/saints/featured/7267431.html

BigApp
May 1st, 2007, 07:01 PM
congrats to Bushrod! http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-541.gif