PDA

View Full Version : CAAZONE ISSUES

Longhorn
April 27th, 2007, 07:12 AM
The CAAZONE has aparently gone kaput (once again)...anyone else that reads or posts to that board have a clue as to what's going on? I thought the zone had moved to a new server and that all was well (finally). Perhaps this latest glitch is actually related to the move from one host service to another, however, (if that's true) all I can say is what a poor job of managing the switch.

saint0917
April 27th, 2007, 07:23 AM
I just tried to login too, it's down. And I'm not sure why. xsmhx

GannonFan
April 27th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the weekend of the big move they were planning - I thought it wasn't supposed to start until Saturday but apparently not - it'll be down until Monday or even Tuesday at the latest, but they are promising that once it comes back up it'll be far superior to what it used to be - new look, it will be stable, etc. It's been tough the past month or so because it's just painful to try to get on at times, and it's not even basketball season. Anything would be an improvement, but it does sound like they have a good plan. We'll see next week.

tribe_pride
April 27th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I am hoping it has to do with the switch as well. It's never a good sign when your try to go to a site and it says critical error.

It's been down since yesterday

bluehenbillk
April 27th, 2007, 10:21 AM
The Zone is a good site, I like it better than this one, but it has had plenty of technical issues for some time now. Makes me live at gohens.

B&G
April 27th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Damn, I misread the topic and thought this was Calzone Issues. Carry on.

Longhorn
April 27th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure this is the weekend of the big move they were planning - I thought it wasn't supposed to start until Saturday but apparently not - it'll be down until Monday or even Tuesday at the latest, but they are promising that once it comes back up it'll be far superior to what it used to be - new look, it will be stable, etc. It's been tough the past month or so because it's just painful to try to get on at times, and it's not even basketball season. Anything would be an improvement, but it does sound like they have a good plan. We'll see next week.

Thanks Gannon. I suspected as such...I too hope when it comes back it will have a superior track record as far as stability...it's a great site (when it's accessible and working)!

April 27th, 2007, 11:30 AM
... I like it better than this one...Gee, I wonder why? xcoffeex

bluehenbillk
April 27th, 2007, 12:04 PM
That's exactly why. wannabes. xnonox

April 27th, 2007, 01:05 PM
That's exactly why. wannabes.If your team is not in the CAA they are wannabes? xrolleyesx

UNHWildCats
April 27th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I aint gone to the zone in a couple months, no loss to me if its down :p

proasu89
April 27th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Damn, I misread the topic and thought this was Calzone Issues. Carry on.
Your not the only one. xbawlingx I'm hungry and I thought somebody had ordered out for us:D

GannonFan
May 2nd, 2007, 11:23 AM
Anyone know if they are making the switch to a new server now? I haven't gotten on for two days now - not sure if the address is changed and my shortcut doesn't work or if it's truly down. Thanks.

Mountaineer
May 2nd, 2007, 11:24 AM
I just tried it and got the Site Temp Unavailable message.

tribe_pride
May 2nd, 2007, 11:27 AM
I was just going to come here to bump this thread to the top as well. Damn.

andy7171
May 2nd, 2007, 11:38 AM
I got on yesterday morning, but it went down around 10am. Has been since.

th0m
May 2nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah it's been down for over a day now...

BigApp
May 2nd, 2007, 07:54 PM
I was just going to come here to bump this thread to the top as well. Damn.

guess someone beat you to it, eh? :)

Longhorn
May 7th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Seems the site is still down...anyone else have any news about the CAA Zone? Maybe we need to start a rumor like the George Mason folks who run it have taken it underground in protest over the CAA starting FCS FB. ;)

zymergy
May 7th, 2007, 11:26 AM
I thought it would be back up by this week for sure ... I thought they were just changing hosts?? I'm surprised there is no news updates from anyone working on the site.xconfusedx

NU Hound29
May 7th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I am not too worried since they are doing it in the off season. Most NU fans live at DieHard Dogs anway...

tribe_pride
May 7th, 2007, 10:03 PM
It's offseason for football (and basketball) but there are still sports going on. That said the new server has been so bad that it is probably better to change and make things right now then let these problems continue.

Dukie95
May 8th, 2007, 08:45 AM
It's offseason for football (and basketball) but there are still sports going on. That said the new server has been so bad that it is probably better to change and make things right now then let these problems continue.

Yeah, and it's Queen-visiting season at W&M. :)

Well, it's been a week and a half now. It's really disappointing that it's been this long.

I know NU and UD fans have other homes, but for JMU, the Zone is our only board.

There will be some irate Dukes fans come Wednesday if it's still not up.

May 8th, 2007, 11:00 AM
... for JMU, the Zone is our only board...Why don't you all start your own JMU board?

Dukie95
May 8th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Why don't you all start your own JMU board?

The CAAZone (dukesdomain.com) is quite a popular destination, and creating a new message board that competes with an existing one can be a challenge.

Now, if the newer, better, stronger, faster system they're promising doesn't deliver, that could become an option.

Longhorn
May 8th, 2007, 11:47 AM

I've often wondered the same thing...the caazone is great when its working, but at times like these it's more than frustrating.

The best part of the cazone is that it connects all caa schools under one heading, which is very important to helping develop the league's emerging identity. But I'm with Dukie95...if the new zone doesn't come back soon, and better than ever, perhaps it's really time to start thinking about creating a board just for JMU.

th0m
May 8th, 2007, 11:52 AM
We have by far the most active board of all the schools on the CAAZone. Of course some schools' boards aren't very active at all because they have their dedicated boards (Delaware, Northeastern), but since the football talk is mostly contained to the school boards (and the rest is all the basketball schools bashing each other) starting our own boards is not such a bad thing.

UNHWildCats
May 8th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I'd love to see a CAA board where football only members are actually welcomed :p

Dukie95
May 8th, 2007, 12:12 PM
I'd love to see a CAA board where football only members are actually welcomed :p

They claim that they'll be adding more football content now that CAA football is official...but seeing as how the two people behind the CAAZone are from Mason, I'll believe it when I see it.

YoUDeeMan
May 8th, 2007, 12:39 PM

Because JMU fans jump on bandwagons that have already started. xlolx xnodx

OK, OK. I'll take it back. ;)

We've had a bored JMU fan trying to stir up trouble on the UD site. Can't wait until the CAAZONE is back up and the 'puppy' can go back home. xwhistlex

Dukie95
May 9th, 2007, 10:42 AM
It's back up, but since they just changed their DNS entries this morning, unless you have access to clear the cache on your DNS servers, you won't likely get in for another 24 hours or so.

If you know how to edit your host file, you can point www.caaazone.com to 208.67.81.174.

It looks like they're still trying to work out some bugs, because my password doesn't work, and when I try to have it reset, I'm supposed to enter the security code, but the image for the code isn't found.

May 10th, 2007, 01:44 AM
... If you know how to edit your host file, you can point www.caazone.com to 208.67.81.174...nope, not working.

Krikeys, just register your domain and get space at www.aplus.net and start your own board. It's not like it is so hard or expensive!

Dukie95
May 10th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Another update

http://www.caazone.com/index.htm

Check back here for status, but we expect to have the boards up and running very soon.

When a weekend outage lasts two weeks, I'd be interested to know how they define "very soon".

th0m
May 10th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Well, at least they put up a message ;) I'll wait patiently.

Dukie95
May 11th, 2007, 07:56 AM
It's back, but they're still having significant problems. They don't have the old posts, and even though I made one post 30 minutes ago, this is the error I get when I try posting again.

The administrator of this forum has enabled Flood Protection and has decided that you must wait 3 seconds before you can make another post.
Please click your browser’s back button to get back to the forum.

So, if you need to go post something...better make it a good one. ;)

bluehenbillk
May 11th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I can't log in as me, had my password changed & it won't accept the new one yet.....it's up but nothing to see there.

foghorn
May 11th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Try this:http://www.caazone.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=181

th0m
May 11th, 2007, 09:40 AM
It seems to be working better now, although all the old threads are not here. Apparently this is a temporary board until some time over the summer, and I do hope all the old threads will be imported when we get a permanent home.

bluehenbillk
May 11th, 2007, 10:14 AM
I can see the threads & everything, just won't recognize my user name & password.

th0m
May 11th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I used the password retrieve thing to reset my password, logged in with the new pw, and changed it back to the old one. Seems to work fine.

ATrain
May 11th, 2007, 02:39 PM
At Flamesfans.com, we had to wait a couple months before it came back while switching servers. In the meantime, we resorted to our old board, the Firehouse, and soon grabbed flamefans.info for a bit.

bluehenbillk
May 11th, 2007, 02:56 PM
It's starting to work a little better now.

Longhorn
May 11th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Hopefully the Zone that's now up is just a temporary "patch" as the interface is horrid...just about as awkward and difficult to read and make sense of as it possibly could be. And as th0m suggests, you'll have to go through the password reset procedure, but once you've cleared that hurdle you can post...I think. lol