PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Poll Registration Now Open

ursus arctos horribilis
July 8th, 2019, 12:56 PM
If ou are already a registered voter then you do not need to, nor should you, sign up for the 2019 AGS Poll. You are already included.

If you were a voter in 2017 and had to duck out last season then please just respond in this thread and I will add you back in.

If you have not voted in the past couple of years or ever and you would like to join in the fun with us then you will need to click the link below and follow the very simple instructions. You give your username and the email and if you meet the criteria I will contact you and add you to our strong voter list for the upcoming season.

You need to have been here for a year.

You need to have 100 posts.

Or you need to sign up and I will contact you to see if you will be close enough by the beginning of the season to let you in the group. Very few that want to join are left out so sign up if you feel like it is something you want to do.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdMdmaMTMqMvYad3AtnvXz5F9wVoBSfBUux0Ab9pEO2 jmC1cA/viewform

ursus arctos horribilis
July 8th, 2019, 12:57 PM
saved for list of current voters.

IBleedYellow
July 8th, 2019, 02:26 PM
If you were a voter in 2017 and had to duck out last season then please just respond in this thread and I will add you back in.

Dat's me.

hoidOfYolen
July 8th, 2019, 05:34 PM
I know I missed a couple weeks last year. Do I need to sign up again for this year?

Milktruck74
July 8th, 2019, 08:23 PM
I had a moment and bailed last year. I’m back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
July 8th, 2019, 10:29 PM
I know I missed a couple weeks last year. Do I need to sign up again for this year?

No, you're good but if you miss more than 3 votes in the previous season then you have a trial period of not missing any of the first 4 votes to be back to full voter membership status.

Are you in with that caveat?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 8th, 2019, 10:32 PM
I had a moment and bailed last year. I’m back.

Sometimes people take a year off and let me know in advance which is great because it means I know not to put efforts in where they won't be needed so I appreciate you dong that and will be happy to add you back in. Glad you are back.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 8th, 2019, 10:34 PM
bTW, to any members rejoining I will be using your previous email etc. so if that is no longer correct you need to pm and let me know.

Mike296
July 8th, 2019, 10:41 PM
Had a massive email issue last year that forced me to miss a few ballots then I had to quit altogether because of the loss of a family member but I’m happy to be back this year with a trial period.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 9th, 2019, 01:23 AM
Had a massive email issue last year that forced me to miss a few ballots then I had to quit altogether because of the loss of a family member but I’m happy to be back this year with a trial period.

Glad to have you back in.

BTW, you are long past the time that you can remove the siggy my man.

JSUSoutherner
July 9th, 2019, 02:32 AM
Glad to have you back in.

BTW, you are long past the time that you can remove the siggy my man.

I'll give you $5 if you edit his signature to say "The Player Formerly Known as Mousecop"
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190709/784dc1c22776f5f11d860571e02777d7.jpg

Bisonator
July 9th, 2019, 07:34 AM
I'm gonna give it a whirl this year. Hope I don't get too busy and have to bail.

hoidOfYolen
July 9th, 2019, 08:09 AM
No, you're good but if you miss more than 3 votes in the previous season then you have a trial period of not missing any of the first 4 votes to be back to full voter membership status.

Are you in with that caveat?

Yep, understood

ursus arctos horribilis
July 9th, 2019, 12:24 PM
Well it is good to see a nice grouping of former members jumping back in. As the guy that vets all the votes I can say that you all do a very good job of looking at things and analyzing a very solid ballot each week.

Even IBY, I know you guys won't believe it but he actually does a fairly good job on the ballot.

Sorry man, haven't gotten to take a shot to the ribs in a while so had to get one in.:D

Mike296
July 9th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Well it is good to see a nice grouping of former members jumping back in. As the guy that vets all the votes I can say that you all do a very good job of looking at things and analyzing a very solid ballot each week.

Even IBY, I know you guys won't believe it but he actually does a fairly good job on the ballot.

Sorry man, haven't gotten to take a shot to the ribs in a while so had to get one in.:D

Mine usually stir up some controversy but I do know my stuff.

Bisonoline
July 9th, 2019, 01:36 PM

Thats one of the things that has really impressed me here at AGS. The people who vote are pretty knowledgeable and more than likely spot on with the polls. Plus they can justify those picks as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 9th, 2019, 01:46 PM
Thats one of the things that has really impressed me here at AGS. The people who vote are pretty knowledgeable and more than likely spot on with the polls. Plus they can justify those picks as well.

Yes, for sure. I inquire when I see things that look off and it is either a mistake which we correct or they defend their position on it and I will make a case for other possible teams and if they defend it then I figure they gave it good thought and we go that way.

But the main thing is they have to put thought into it.

Mike296
July 9th, 2019, 03:41 PM
Yes, for sure. I inquire when I see things that look off and it is either a mistake which we correct or they defend their position on it and I will make a case for other possible teams and if they defend it then I figure they gave it good thought and we go that way.

But the main thing is they have to put thought into it.

That’s what I love about AGS polls. It’s a group of fans creating their own poll based on each other’s knowledge of the teams in the subdivision and actually make a poll that actually makes sense unlike most media polls. Yea you have some silly preseason picks but let’s be realistic here 15-25 in this division is never set and stone and it is always a crap shoot who’s going to actually finish there in the end so you’re bound to have a few mistakes in preseason(EX: APSU last year)

SonuvaHenx2
July 9th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Excited to jump back in after a few (several) years away

clenz
July 9th, 2019, 04:08 PM
I'm back.

2018 can **** itself in so so so so many ways.

lionsrking2
July 9th, 2019, 05:28 PM
Add me back in

IBleedYellow
July 10th, 2019, 10:38 AM
I'm back.

Agreed.

Also, ursus, you're old. :D

JSUSoutherner
July 10th, 2019, 11:16 AM

Truer words have never been spoken.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 10th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Agreed.

Also, ursus, you're old. :D

Yes, as are all of your heroes. You're welcome.

clenz
July 10th, 2019, 02:56 PM
Yes, as are all of your heroes. You're welcome.

Reality shattered.

Damn you

IBleedYellow
July 10th, 2019, 04:56 PM
Yes, as are all of your heroes. You're welcome.You're an asshole too!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
July 13th, 2019, 11:37 AM
You're an asshole too!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sometimes, when your heroes shoot it to you straight like that it hurts and you feel overwhelmed. It leads to lashing out like this. I will handle it heroically while you find your way.

BTW, if the rest of you would help me bump this up during the days a bit it would help keep me from having to riddle IBY with shots like that.:D

Catbooster
July 15th, 2019, 04:31 PM
Sometimes, when your heroes shoot it to you straight like that it hurts and you feel overwhelmed. It leads to lashing out like this. I will handle it heroically while you find your way.

BTW, if the rest of you would help me bump this up during the days a bit it would help keep me from having to riddle IBY with shots like that.:D

Why would we want to prevent you from doing that?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2019, 06:10 PM
Why would we want to prevent you from doing that?
It is a solid point.

Mike296
July 15th, 2019, 09:35 PM
It is a solid point.

Not only is it solid but it’s Rock Solid “Cause Stone Cold said so”

Sorry I couldn’t resist

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2019, 09:51 PM
Not only is it solid but it’s Rock Solid “Cause Stone Cold said so”

Sorry I couldn’t resist
I get it, I have a hard time limiting my Rock comebacks as well and have done well for a long time now so having that in here makes me feel better if you smell what I'm cookin'.

Mike296
July 15th, 2019, 09:53 PM
I get it, I have a hard time limiting my Rock comebacks as well and have done well for a long time now so having that in here makes me feel better if you smell what I'm cookin'.

Oh I smell what you’re cookin’ “ A can of Whup ass”

ursus arctos horribilis
July 15th, 2019, 10:07 PM
Oh I smell what you’re cookin’ “ A can of Whup ass”

http://alena-vysotskaya.ru/images/600/DSC100677324.jpg

Smitty
July 16th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Had a few difficulties last year voting consistently. Hoping to do better this year.

Mike296
July 16th, 2019, 03:14 PM
http://alena-vysotskaya.ru/images/600/DSC100677324.jpg

You know what they say “Driving a Forklift is like riding a bicycle. You’ve either got Forklift skills or you don’t, and I can remove somebody’s molars with a Forklift”

JALMOND
July 16th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate this year. Just not enough hours in the day, and still trying to make Portland State football appealing to the casual Portland football fan. I sure do miss those days (nights?) trying to decide #25 between Samford and Monmouth, however. I will be bringing back my Big Sky power rankings and predictions again this year.

I will add, if you have never done this poll and you do have some time, I would highly recommend it. It forces you to look at the FCS nationally and not just in your own conference bubble. It is an excellent way to learn about other schools and other programs out there.

FUBeAR
July 16th, 2019, 08:52 PM
Had a few difficulties last year voting consistently. Hoping to do better this year.
You got this, Smitty!

Catbooster
July 17th, 2019, 10:16 AM
Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate this year. Just not enough hours in the day, and still trying to make Portland State football appealing to the casual Portland football fan. I sure do miss those days (nights?) trying to decide #25 between Samford and Monmouth, however. I will be bringing back my Big Sky power rankings and predictions again this year.

I will add, if you have never done this poll and you do have some time, I would highly recommend it. It forces you to look at the FCS nationally and not just in your own conference bubble. It is an excellent way to learn about other schools and other programs out there.

Sorry you won’t be able to do the poll, but glad you’re going to be able to continue the Big Sky power rankings and picks. I always look forward to those

And I agree that people who are hesitant to join the poll should jump in and do it (assuming you are committed to doing your best). You will soon find that your knowledge of FCS football nationally has greatly expanded.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 20th, 2019, 01:52 PM
Registration closes for this year tomorrow at around 2p ET. If you want in you best do it right now.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 21st, 2019, 02:41 PM
Closing up shop in the next hour or so for registration.

Sycamore62
July 22nd, 2019, 03:28 PM
Closing up shop in the next hour or so for registration.

should I have gotten a response after registering about a week ago?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 22nd, 2019, 03:35 PM

You don't get one emailed when you registered but you are in and you should have gotten two emails yesterday from agspoll...actually 3 of them. Check your spam folder and make sure you put that email address in your contacts so you don't have that problem going forward.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 22nd, 2019, 03:38 PM

You should also be seeing a new forum that you did not have before. It is a subforum of the AGS Poll one that is titled "voters".