PDA

View Full Version : Question About Conference News Feeds Board— Ivy League News

Ivytalk
July 3rd, 2019, 08:55 AM
I scrolled quickly through the first 40 pages of the Ivy League Conference feed, and the overwhelming majority of threads are from Dartmouth, Penn, and Columbia. A handful from Cornell, a few from Harvard and Yale, and none from Brown or Princeton. Why the imbalance? Is it just a matter of how the athletic departments choose to market themselves?

bulldog10jw
July 3rd, 2019, 10:15 AM
I scrolled quickly through the first 40 pages of the Ivy League Conference feed, and the overwhelming majority of threads are from Dartmouth, Penn, and Columbia. A handful from Cornell, a few from Harvard and Yale, and none from Brown or Princeton. Why the imbalance? Is it just a matter of how the athletic departments choose to market themselves?

I know that Yale football under Tony Reno has been notoriously secretive. Even paranoid. Like they think someone may be leaking state secrets to the media. Even the usual insiders have a tough time finding out what's going on.

But I haven't found that in other sports, although Keith Allain can be a bit surly and dismissive when things aren't going well.

Maybe it's the Sports Information offices.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 3rd, 2019, 11:29 AM

You know Ivytalk, I haven't checked in a couple of years now I bet but the Ivy's and the SWAC were notoriously lacking much for rss feeds that we could find to insert back then. I should go look and see if this has changed but I also had a thread back then about users bringing us any rss feeds that might be acceptable for the few schools missing out there.

But, some schools just don't seem to put out too much information.

Ivytalk
July 3rd, 2019, 07:44 PM
I know that Yale football under Tony Reno has been notoriously secretive. Even paranoid. Like they think someone may be leaking state secrets to the media. Even the usual insiders have a tough time finding out what's going on.

But I haven't found that in other sports, although Keith Allain can be a bit surly and dismissive when things aren't going well.

Maybe it's the Sports Information offices.
Was Allain a hockey player? Name rings a bell somehow.

bulldog10jw
July 3rd, 2019, 07:53 PM
Was Allain a hockey player? Name rings a bell somehow.

Former Yale goaltender under TimTaylor and current Yale Head Coach

Ivytalk
July 4th, 2019, 07:25 AM
Former Yale goaltender under TimTaylor and current Yale Head Coach
I remember Taylor from when he was Billy Cleary’s right-hand man at Harvard. He died far too young.