PDA

View Full Version : Villanova finally add a grad transfer!!!

centraljerseycat
July 1st, 2019, 09:32 AM
Daniel Smith a QB from Campbell Univ. Graduated in 3 years with 2 to play. Has some decent stats as the starter for a couple of 6-5 teams. Interesting. Maybe the new offensive coordinator wasn't impressed with either Schetelich or Ismail as Bednarczyk's replacement...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0KpcPhRjD4&feature=youtu.be

Gangtackle11
July 1st, 2019, 12:56 PM
He will win the job if he’s halfway decent.

Typical Nova 2-way threat QB. Threw for 1600 & ran for 700 last season. xpeacex

centraljerseycat
July 12th, 2019, 06:56 PM
Any Campbell Camel or Big South fans have any opinion on Daniel Smith? I don't have a lot of faith in the two other candidates for the starting QB job so any info is appreciated.

DFW HOYA
July 12th, 2019, 07:10 PM
He played last season versus Georgetown, but don't hold that against him...

Mobile QB, good arm, led his team in rushing. The Campbell offense wasn't particularly strong but he made the most of it.

Gangtackle11
July 12th, 2019, 07:13 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h2PzzFseisE

Gangtackle11
July 13th, 2019, 01:21 PM
Interview with Smith:

https://m.soundcloud.com/inside-the-hashes/daniel-smith

BDKJMU
July 14th, 2019, 11:24 PM
Thought this was going to be to announce that VU got some 4 or 5 star P5 grad transfer. A new thread to announce a grad transfer from ....Campbell.xconfusedx

Gangtackle11
July 15th, 2019, 08:45 AM
Thought this was going to be to announce that VU got some 4 or 5 star P5 grad transfer. A new thread to announce a grad transfer from ....Campbell.xconfusedx

I put this in the CAA offseason thread awhile back, but he’s a good fit for Nova. Nova just needed a QB that can move the chains, not make deadly mistakes, & score enough to help the defense.

Reminds me a lot of Zach Bednarczyk. Just right handed.

It’s hard for Nova to get that type of player you describe because academics play a part here. Not a lot of former 4/5 star FBS QBs with solid academics looking to transfer to FCS from what I’ve seen. xpeacex

Anthony215
July 15th, 2019, 08:59 AM
So with Smith coming in what happens with Quadir Ismail now? Do they convert him to WR with his size or will he remain an understudy as the backup QB?

Gangtackle11
July 15th, 2019, 10:39 AM
So with Smith coming in what happens with Quadir Ismail now? Do they convert him to WR with his size or will he remain an understudy as the backup QB?

He’s a QB. Let’s remember he’s only entering his redshirt freshman year. He would have been fighting for the job if McCloskey hadn’t transferred. He needs seasoning, but u make a good point about position movement. xpeacex

centraljerseycat
July 15th, 2019, 12:07 PM
He’s a QB. Let’s remember he’s only entering his redshirt freshman year. He would have been fighting for the job if McCloskey hadn’t transferred. He needs seasoning, but u make a good point about position movement. xpeacex

When it comes to Villanova football...any news is good news...

I don't know what to make of Ismail. He's much taller than his father but rail thin. Don't know if he could make the transition to WR.