PDA

View Full Version : Pavano Done For Season? Pavano Denies He Said That

UNHWildCats
April 26th, 2007, 12:47 PM
New York Daily News - RHP Carl Pavano denied he told ESPN analyst Rick Sutcliffe that he was finished for the season. Apparently, Sutcliffe said he thought that could be the case after talking to Pavano on Monday. Internet reports then made it sound as if Pavano told Sutcliffe that.

"Nothing like that came out of my mouth," Pavano said.

The often-injured pitcher is nursing a forearm injury at the moment. He threw from a longer distance yesterday, but no timetable has been established for his return.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04262007/sports/yankees/jeter_toughs_it_out_yankees_brian_costello.htm

---------------------------------------------------

If he does cop out for the whole season......again. I would feel confident guaranteeing he never receives another contract ever again!

Ivytalk
April 26th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Mark Prior, call your office!

UNHWildCats
April 26th, 2007, 12:54 PM
i think theres a difference, Prior just is very unlucky with all these surguries, Pavano is justa pussy

Peems
April 26th, 2007, 01:02 PM
i think theres a difference, Prior just is very unlucky with all these surguries, Pavano is justa pussy

xnonoxxnonox. yet it's true, he decides he doesn't want to pitch because something is "grabbing" at him. Cmon Carl can't you see we need you?

GannonFan
April 26th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I agree, it doesn't seem like Pavano even wants to pitch. I'd be shocked to see him pitch any substantial innings for the Yanks this year.

UNHWildCats
April 28th, 2007, 12:12 AM
another sub 5 inning start by the yankees

they said during the game tonite the Yankees have used atleast 5 pitchers in 8 consecutive games, a MLB record over the past 50 years

Mr. C
April 28th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Hard to believe the Montreal Expos once traded Pedro Martinez to the Boston Red Sox for Carl Pavano (and a couple of other semi-warm bodies).

UNHWildCats
April 28th, 2007, 12:46 AM
:D ya it was about time Boston finally ripped someone off after being ripped off so much

UNHWildCats
April 28th, 2007, 12:46 AM
Babe Ruth for $100k

Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson

Curt Schilling and Brady Anderson for who knows what

UNHWildCats
April 28th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Im soo glad NYY outbid Boston for Pavano :D

Mr. C
April 28th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Babe Ruth for $100k

Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson

Curt Schilling and Brady Anderson for who knows what
Curt Schilling was traded by Boston Red Sox with Brady Anderson to Baltimore Orioles in exchange for pitcher Mike Boddicker (July 29, 1988).

Babe Ruth funded a terrible Broadway musical called No, No Nanette. I think it closed in one night. Ruth lasted significantly longer on Broadway.

UNHWildCats
April 28th, 2007, 12:54 AM
lol yup he did

Boddicker ugh!

Reed Rothchild
April 28th, 2007, 01:36 PM

And Pavano lied to the team about getting injured in a car accident last year. He's a joke. He and Randy Johnson are 2 busts that the Yanks are paying for right now.