PDA

View Full Version : Most Likely Playoff Teams To Miss?

JSUSoutherner
May 29th, 2019, 09:17 PM
The losers-to-playoff thread gave me the idea for this one. Basically the opposite.

Who are the 5 most likely playoff teams from last season to blow chunks next season?

clenz
May 29th, 2019, 09:31 PM
UNI

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
May 29th, 2019, 09:57 PM
1. SE Missouri State
2. Incarnate Word
3. Maine
4. Delaware
5. ETSU

POD Knows
May 30th, 2019, 07:16 AM
Given all that Colgate lost, you would think that they would be a candidate but who is going to overtake them in that conference.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
May 30th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Given all that Colgate lost, you would think that they would be a candidate but who is going to overtake them in that conference.

Colgate lost a lot. Holy Cross has a great coach but a roster that's a little thin in the junior/senior classes. They also have a dicey QB situation (relying on a transfer from Wake). Fordham and Lehigh are loaded with athletes and speed but questions on defense (especially Lehigh) and the OL (especially Fordham) hold them back. Georgetown seems primed for an 8 maybe even 9 win season. But can they do better than 4-2 or 3-3 in league play?

Colgate deserves to be the favorite. But the odds of 3-peating seem low imo. Don't forget, Lehigh beat Colgate in 2016 and 2017 to claim the title and playoff berth.

ccd494
May 30th, 2019, 09:52 AM
Maine annually does its best to schedule itself out of the playoffs. Sacred Heart should be a win, at Colgate could be tough, and 2 FBS games mean that 1-3 isn't out of the question heading into the CAA schedule, at which point you have to go 6-2 to even be on the bubble.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
May 30th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Maine annually does its best to schedule itself out of the playoffs. Sacred Heart should be a win, at Colgate could be tough, and 2 FBS games mean that 1-3 isn't out of the question heading into the CAA schedule, at which point you have to go 6-2 to even be on the bubble.

Maine lost a very good coach too. The CAA is just really tough. How your schedule breaks means so much imo. I think JMU, Elon and Towson are the best bets to get back to the playoffs in 2019. After that? Richmond feels like they should bounce back. Same for UNH but likely in a bigger fashion. Villanova has a chance to go 3-1 in the OOC. SBU's offense might finally improve now that their middling QB is gone but I feel like they're do for a step back overall. Delaware is hard to get a read on. They were just a very blah 7-4 playoff team last season. W&M is in full rebuild mode this year. I'm not too sure about Albany other than they seem to be stuck in rut a bit.

If I had to guess I'll say the CAA gets 4 teams...
JMU, Elon, Towson and UNH. Villanova just misses....

CenMEBlackBearFan
May 30th, 2019, 12:19 PM

I agree on the scheduling thing, we all know Maine has to play 2 FBS schools for the revenue to keep the program in tact. So a win over Colgate or an upset over a FBS school may be necessary. The talent is there to make the playoffs only question is at RB and if Jefferson is back or the NI transfer pan out we will be fine. Losing Harasymiak and the DC may be an impact, time will tell on that one.

katss07
May 30th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Lamar, easily. That was a fluke last year, and I’m still surprised they got into the field. The SLC will be better this year, and Lamar will be back in the basement.

UIW isn’t losing a bunch. I don’t understand why some have them mentioned.

Schism55
May 30th, 2019, 04:52 PM
SDSU? xlolx

mmiller_34
May 30th, 2019, 07:44 PM
South Dakota State

Catatonic
May 31st, 2019, 10:59 AM
Lamar, easily. That was a fluke last year, and I’m still surprised they got into the field. The SLC will be better this year, and Lamar will be back in the basement.

UIW isn’t losing a bunch. I don’t understand why some have them mentioned.

Lamar returns 9 starters off their offense. They were a kicker shy of beating UNI at their place in the playoffs. They might miss but I wouldn't count them out. UIW's big question mark is at skill positions...they lost their RB, leading WR and their QB was injured....if he returns healthy, they will be tough again.

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 06:58 AM
1. SE Missouri State
2. Incarnate Word
3. Maine
4. Delaware
5. ETSU

.........LINDY'S......2019.....TOP 25:

SE MISSOURI STATE #16
INCARNATE WORD #18
MAINE #14
DELAWARE #15
ETSU #17

.......ARE...PICKS....JES' REMNANTS.....O' LAST YEAR....xconfusedx.........AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 07:13 AM
UNI

....LINDY'S.....SAYS...#8......AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 07:14 AM

.....LINDY'S......SAYS #10........BRAWK!

POD Knows
June 4th, 2019, 07:15 AM
.....LINDY'S......SAYS #10........BRAWK!You want an avatar bet on that ranking come year end??

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 07:19 AM
Maine lost a very good coach too. The CAA is just really tough. How your schedule breaks means so much imo. I think JMU, Elon and Towson are the best bets to get back to the playoffs in 2019. After that? Richmond feels like they should bounce back. Same for UNH but likely in a bigger fashion. Villanova has a chance to go 3-1 in the OOC. SBU's offense might finally improve now that their middling QB is gone but I feel like they're do for a step back overall. Delaware is hard to get a read on. They were just a very blah 7-4 playoff team last season. W&M is in full rebuild mode this year. I'm not too sure about Albany other than they seem to be stuck in rut a bit.

If I had to guess I'll say the CAA gets 4 teams...
JMU, Elon, Towson and UNH. Villanova just misses....

.....AGIN'.......LINDY'S.......HAS RICHMOND 9th......&.....VILLANOVA 10th (xhypedx).........IN CAA................DOODLE-DOO!

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 07:23 AM
You want an avatar bet on that ranking come year end??

.......DIDN'T SAY....YOU'RE WRONG.......LINDY'S DID.....;)....AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 07:28 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30637&stc=1......OH.....AN' YEAH............JES' GOT MAH COPY.......O'.....LINDY'S................BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 07:34 AM
.....AN'......AWAITIN'.....STREET & SMIFF...........DOODLES!

.....OOM..HOOM.......PADDIN'......POST COUNT...xembarrassedx......AWK!

Redbird 4th & short
June 4th, 2019, 08:47 AM
South Dakota State

xeyebrowx

yeah ... right .... sand bagger !!

clenz
June 4th, 2019, 11:04 AM
....LINDY'S.....SAYS...#8......AWK!2 year starting RB gone

Of the 5 QBs on campus this fall there is a combined 0 completions 2 attempts and maybe 8 total snaps.

2 true freshman will get significant looks at starting game 1

Those two alone are enough to keep UNI away from that ranking. That's not including the fact UNI probably has a true freshman kicker, all conference punter is gone, 4 year starter at LT is gone. 4 year starter at DT is gone. All American at DE is gone.

Oh and our OC, QB coach, RB coach and WR coach are all gone from last year.

MR. CHICKEN
June 4th, 2019, 11:26 AM
2 year starting RB gone

Of the 5 QBs on campus this fall there is a combined 0 completions 2 attempts and maybe 8 total snaps.

2 true freshman will get significant looks at starting game 1

Those two alone are enough to keep UNI away from that ranking. That's not including the fact UNI probably has a true freshman kicker, all conference punter is gone, 4 year starter at LT is gone. 4 year starter at DT is gone. All American at DE is gone.

Oh and our OC, QB coach, RB coach and WR coach are all gone from last year.

.....ATHLON....HAS PANTHERS @ #17......AWK!

clenz
June 4th, 2019, 11:34 AM
Closer but still probably too high

Reign of Terrier
June 4th, 2019, 01:54 PM
No idea. Too much margin of error in the all of the multi-bid conferences to say.