PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft, who will your team take in the first 2 rounds?

Fresno St. Alum
April 24th, 2007, 02:18 PM
I think the Packers will take 1st RD-M.Lynch RB (Cal) and 2nd RD-Z.Miller TE (Ariz St.)

If Lynch is off the board it will probably go this way.

1st RD-G.Olsen TE (Miami) and 2nd RD-K.Irons RB (Auburn)

813Jag
April 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I doubt he'll fall to 22 but I'd like the Cowboys to draft Reggie Nelson. Although the signed Ken Hamlin but I'm not sure about him. Maybe a third reciever like Ginn or Meachem xreadx

Peems
April 24th, 2007, 03:11 PM
I doubt he'll fall to 22 but I'd like the Cowboys to draft Reggie Nelson. Although the signed Ken Hamlin but I'm not sure about him. Maybe a third reciever like Ginn or Meachem xreadx

Mel Kiper has ginn going before the boys draft, but he has them drafting Jarrett of USC xnodx. That boy is a steal

Peems
April 24th, 2007, 03:11 PM
i'm really hoping that amobi okaye is around when the 49ers pick, but it doesnt look like it, Alan Branch is who they will go with probably, and i'm not excited about that.

813Jag
April 24th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Mel Kiper has ginn going before the boys draft, but he has them drafting Jarrett of USC xnodx. That boy is a steal
That works as well xnodx. Just have to make sure the secondary is staightened out.

spelunker64
April 24th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Chargers:

1st round #30- Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
2nd round #62 - Sabby Piscitelli, SS, Oregon State

spelunker64
April 24th, 2007, 03:24 PM
i'm really hoping that amobi okaye is around when the 49ers pick, but it doesnt look like it, Alan Branch is who they will go with probably, and i'm not excited about that.

I'm thinking: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska

AZGrizFan
April 24th, 2007, 03:50 PM
I hope to God Joe Thomas is there @ #5 in the first round for the Cardinals.

After that, I really don't care.

Fresno St. Alum
April 24th, 2007, 04:02 PM
There was something today about the 49'ers trying to trade up to get WR C.Johnson (GT) on ESPN. That would be one awesome young up and coming crew for the 9ers if they got him

Gil Dobie
April 24th, 2007, 04:02 PM
I think the Packers will take 1st RD-M.Lynch RB (Cal) and 2nd RD-Z.Miller TE (Ariz St.)

If Lynch is off the board it will probably go this way.

1st RD-G.Olsen TE (Miami) and 2nd RD-K.Irons RB (Auburn)

I've been hearing Lynch or Olson too.

Go Pack Go xthumbsupx

bison95
April 24th, 2007, 04:05 PM
I've been hearing Lynch or Olson too.

Go Pack Go xthumbsupx

If Thompson can't get his "guy" he will trade down or completely waste the pick (2005). I am guessing he trades out of the first round for multiple 2nd and 3rdsxwhistlex

CatFan22
April 24th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I want Dallas to take Meachem or Bowe with the 22nd pick and then go after a safety or lineman in round 2.

813Jag
April 24th, 2007, 04:55 PM
I want Dallas to take Meachem or Bowe with the 22nd pick and then go after a safety or lineman in round 2.
A lineman would help alot in Round 2 but I'm hoping a safety drops to 22.

Fresno St. Alum
April 24th, 2007, 05:02 PM
If Thompson can't get his "guy" he will trade down or completely waste the pick (2005). I am guessing he trades out of the first round for multiple 2nd and 3rdsxwhistlex
Thompson better not, that cheap ba$tard

Gil Dobie
April 24th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Thompson better not, that cheap ba$tard

I keep hearing rumors of a Randy Moss Draft Day trade, and it's suppose to be a done deal. xeyebrowx

Fresno St. Alum
April 24th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Randy sucks now. I don't want him.

Gil Dobie
April 24th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Randy sucks now. I don't want him.

Driver, Jenning and Moss would be great targets for Favre. xthumbsupx

Look what Favre did for Andre Rison, Keith Jackson etc.......

Fresno St. Alum
April 24th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Driver, jennings, Jason Hill WR(wash St.) would be better targets for Favre. I hope we can get Hill in the 3rd RD

spelunker64
April 25th, 2007, 07:30 AM
I keep hearing rumors of a Randy Moss Draft Day trade, and it's suppose to be a done deal. xeyebrowx

If Oakland takes Russell, Randy stays.

If Oakland takes Johnson, Randy goes.

Easy as that...

Gil Dobie
April 25th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Driver, jennings, Jason Hill WR(wash St.) would be better targets for Favre. I hope we can get Hill in the 3rd RD

IMO, Moss is still better than 75% of the receiver in the game, when he wants to play that is. xeyebrowx

NoCoDanny
April 25th, 2007, 09:46 AM
The rumor is that the two guys Denver is targeting are Jamal Anderson from Arkansas and Ted Ginn, Jr.

B&G
April 25th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I have no idea who the Dolphins will take. They have a new HC and I don't know which way he will go. I would be happy with Brady Quinn, Amobi Okoye, Levi Brown, or Laron Landry. I would be disappointed with Alan Branch or any of the CB's projected to go in the 1st.

OhioHen
April 25th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Seahawks have no first round pick (belongs to Patriots as part of the Deion Branch deal). One area of significant need is tight end -- I can always hope that Ben Patrick of the Hens moves up the board and goes to the 'Hawks in round 2 or 3.

813Jag
April 25th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Seahawks have no first round pick (belongs to Patriots as part of the Deion Branch deal). One area of significant need is tight end -- I can always hope that Ben Patrick of the Hens moves up the board and goes to the 'Hawks in round 2 or 3.
I'm still kind of confused about the Cowboys pick. As a Seahawk fan what do you think of Ken Hamlin?

andy7171
April 25th, 2007, 10:20 AM
I'd like to see the Redskins draft the DE Gaines Adams from Clemson. Their pass rush was pitiful last year.

Sadly, I'm sure Little Danny will F it all up and trade away the majority of the picks for someone over rated though.

seantaylor
April 25th, 2007, 04:43 PM
I see the Skins trading down and taking Carriker in the first and Quinn Pitcock from Ohio State in the second.

Gil Dobie
April 25th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Not many Vikings fans I know are talking much about the draft. Coach Childress is in the doghouse as far as many fans are concerned. One media person is calling him the "Secret Squirrel", because he rarely talks to the media, and serveral players have been surprised by the coaches actions. Looking at the schedule, I don't see the Vikings getting close to .500. Talk in Minnesota is they want Adrian Peterson the most, then Brady Quinn, but might end up with Landry. They are looking at a receiver in the 2nd round, maybe Gonzalez or Rice from USC (Gamecocks).

NoCoDanny
April 25th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Vikings just need to worry about getting their pick in on time first before they start worrying about who, how, to draft...

BearsCountry
April 25th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Hopefully the Chiefs can get Dwayne Jarrett or Ted Ginn in the 1st and in the 2nd get Arron Sears or Tony Ugoh.

bison95
April 26th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Plus Robinson back, why would the packers need that much depth at reciever? If anything make a trade for a tightend that can catch a ball!

spelunker64
April 26th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Is anyone else going to veg all day on Saturday and watch the draft, that's my plan, unless that family of mine gets in the way... ;)

Gil Dobie
April 26th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Is anyone else going to veg all day on Saturday and watch the draft, that's my plan, unless that family of mine gets in the way... ;)

Might attend a draft party, but I have to paint the deck sometime too.

spelunker64
April 26th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Might attend a draft party, but I have to paint the deck sometime too.

Draft starts at 11 central, paint in the morning. xthumbsupx

B&G
April 26th, 2007, 10:46 AM
We're playing a draft drinking game. We have 6 people and each one picks a different player for each selection. If someone gets it right, then everyone else has to drink some beer. If no one gets the pick right (think Donte Whitner last year) then everyone has to do a shot. Could be a long afternoon.

spelunker64
April 26th, 2007, 11:17 AM
We're playing a draft drinking game. We have 6 people and each one picks a different player for each selection. If someone gets it right, then everyone else has to drink some beer. If no one gets the pick right (think Donte Whitner last year) then everyone has to do a shot. Could be a long afternoon.

xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
April 26th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Draft starts at 11 central, paint in the morning. xthumbsupx

I'll do a powerwash in the morning, let it dry, then paint late afternoon.

Fresno St. Alum
April 26th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Yup, you know I will. You need to update your Chargers signature to the new logo. I got my new Chargers mini helmet on Monday. It came with a black mask which is wrong. I just unscrewed the navy blue off the old one and put it on the new one. Stupid Riddell.

I should get the new Chargers jersey by next week. They came out today. No I'm not a Charger fan, but I have all the mini helmets and all the jerseys in my den. I very anal and need it updated versions bvwhenever a team changes something.xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
April 26th, 2007, 05:14 PM
With their first two picks of the 2007 draft, the Philadelphia Eagles select Britt and Garrett Reid, offensive guards from Pennsylvania Penal.

UNHWildCats
April 26th, 2007, 05:38 PM
its worth watching just to see if the jets fans boo their pick lol

Mr. C
April 26th, 2007, 05:40 PM
I don't know much about the first few rounds, but how about Green Bay selecting Marques Murrell some time on the second day. It would be nice to see Murrell playing with his running mate Jason Hunter again in the Packer defense. And imagine those two on special teams?

813Jag
April 26th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I wish but I have to work xbawlingx But I'll keep up with it all day. Just waiting for pick #22 xthumbsupx

GeauxColonels
April 26th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Well, with the Saints picking so late in the 1st round (wow, I can't believe I said that and it wasn't because of a trade) - and with the recent free agency moves by the organization - I think the team is in GREAT position to take the best athlete available. I'm thinking maybe Chris Houston from Arkansas or possibly Dwayne Bowe from LSU (or another receiver). It's also a possibility that the Saints go LB with Paul Posluszny out of Penn State.

AppGuy04
April 26th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I'm hoping the Panthers can get TE Greg Olsen out of Miami

Mr. C
April 26th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Not many Vikings fans I know are talking much about the draft. Coach Childress is in the doghouse as far as many fans are concerned. One media person is calling him the "Secret Squirrel", because he rarely talks to the media, and serveral players have been surprised by the coaches actions. Looking at the schedule, I don't see the Vikings getting close to .500. Talk in Minnesota is they want Adrian Peterson the most, then Brady Quinn, but might end up with Landry. They are looking at a receiver in the 2nd round, maybe Gonzalez or Rice from USC (Gamecocks).
Secret Squirrel, that is hilarious. So is one of his assistants called Moroccan Mole?

On Brady Quinn. One good analysis I heard on Quinn was that there was a QB like Quinn in last year's draft and there will be another like Brady Quinn in next year's draft, too. A lot of experts don't believe he is a franchise QB. From what I've seen and heard, I'd say its 50-50 if Quinn turns out to be another Heath Shuler or Joey Harrington, or someone who can actually help a team.

saint0917
April 27th, 2007, 06:22 AM
I hope the Steelers get Paul Posluszny-LB Penn St. in the first round and Marcus McCauley-CB- Fresno St.

tribe_pride
April 27th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I'd like to see the Redskins draft the DE Gaines Adams from Clemson. Their pass rush was pitiful last year.

Sadly, I'm sure Little Danny will F it all up and trade away the majority of the picks for someone over rated though.

Andy no problem with him trading away the majority of this year's picks. They have a 1, 5, 6, 6 and 7th round pick. Can't move too far with those unless he trades away future picks which is always a possibility.

B&G
April 27th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Secret Squirrel, that is hilarious. So is one of his assistants called Moroccan Mole?

On Brady Quinn. One good analysis I heard on Quinn was that there was a QB like Quinn in last year's draft and there will be another like Brady Quinn in next year's draft, too. A lot of experts don't believe he is a franchise QB. From what I've seen and heard, I'd say its 50-50 if Quinn turns out to be another Heath Shuler or Joey Harrington, or someone who can actually help a team.

I would take Quinn over JaMarcus Russell in a heartbeat. Look at Russell's stats against the top SEC teams. 6 of his INT's came in two games against Florida and Tennessee. Yes, he did have a great Sugar Bowl against Notre Dame whose defense was pathetic the enitre season. The scouts loved him at the pro day. Sounds like a one game/workout wonder to me. I'm reminded of Akili Smith. Brady Quinn has the better overall resume. It is hard to pick QB's accurately in the draft but the best indicator for success is performance over the long haul. Quinn has been groomed for four seasons for the NFL and he improved each year. With him I think more of Drew Brees than I do of Joey Harrington.

seantaylor
April 27th, 2007, 03:22 PM
I would too. Quinn has more athleticism than Russell. Russell has a stronger arm, but Quinn is faster, stronger physically, and more accurate. Not to mention a 4 year starter, who plays in a pro system.

ucdtim17
April 27th, 2007, 03:49 PM
There's a total double standard when it comes to Quinn vs. Russell. Quinn's resume has been picked apart with a fine toothed comb while Russell gets a complete pass for every game before the Sugar Bowl. You know, he stunk it up in some games too. Lots of QB's looked amazing against ND's 65th-overall defense last year. LSU was 3rd overall. It was not Quinn vs. Russell. It was Quinn vs. an amazing defense and Russell vs. a crappy one. It doesn't tell you anything. Finally I'm starting to see some talking heads going after Russell and defending Quinn's record. As mentioned above, Quinn is smarter, more athletic, more experienced - it's a no-brainer

http://therockreport.blogspot.com/2007/04/final-word-on-quinn-spin.html

Fresno St. Alum
April 27th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I hear that Detroit wants to trade the #2 pk to Tampa Bay for #4 pk and TB's two 2nd rounders. Tampa is trying to tinker with it a little

Fresno St. Alum
April 27th, 2007, 06:16 PM
sheffter says that the Lions will take C.Johnson unless TB agrees to that trade offer

dbackjon
April 28th, 2007, 01:46 AM
I hope to God Joe Thomas is there @ #5 in the first round for the Cardinals.

After that, I really don't care.

Same here.

BigApp
April 28th, 2007, 03:43 PM
I think the Packers will take 1st RD-M.Lynch RB (Cal)

need to start calling you Kiper!

NDSUFREAK
April 28th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I believe that the vikings will take Adrian Peterson in the 1st and Sidney Rice in the 2nd. :p

Gil Dobie
April 28th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I believe that the vikings will take Adrian Peterson in the 1st and Sidney Rice in the 2nd. :p

Best Viking selections in a long, long, long time. xlolx

Fresno St. Alum
April 29th, 2007, 01:31 AM
need to start calling you Kiper!
why is he always wrong too?:D