PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Slaps Probation To UL-Lafayette

GeauxLions94
April 19th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Basketball has been good in recent years ... football? They can't win even when they cheat xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx

ULLLLLLLL Put On Probation (http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_5705549?nclick_check=1)

Mr. C
April 19th, 2007, 07:19 PM
That's what I was going to say, too. It's pretty bad when you can't even win when you cheat. Outside of LSU, none of those FBS schools can play football. Of course in basketball, remember this isn't the first time that Southwestern Louisiana/Louisiana-Lafayette has been nailed. They were doing a lot of it back in the Dwight Lamar days, when they went to the Final Four. Old habits are hard to break.

GeauxLions94
April 19th, 2007, 07:25 PM
That's what I was going to say, too. It's pretty bad when you can't even win when you cheat. Outside of LSU, none of those FBS schools can play football. Of course in basketball, remember this isn't the first time that Southwestern Louisiana/Louisiana-Lafayette has been nailed. They were doing a lot of it back in the Dwight Lamar days, when they went to the Final Four. Old habits are hard to break.

ULL (they refer to themselves as UL and are the University of Louisiana xrolleyesx) got death penalty for hoops after Bo Lamar in the early 70's. Got pretty good again in the late 70's/early 80's under Bobby Paschall (had Andrew Toney on that team).

Mr. C
April 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I had to sit through a Bobby Paschall clinic on running the fast break for one of my PE classes in college (taught by defensive wizard Ron Adams, the architect of the UNLV Amoeba defense and Fresno State's vaunted matchup zone in the 1980s). The Lamar teams at Southwestern Louisiana were fun to watch. There were a lot of teams at that time that played and were very successful at that up-tempo, pressing game. Oral Roberts was another one like that. Sort of the precursor to the Loyola-Marymount clubs of Paul Westhead.