PDA

View Full Version : CCU Golf Wins...AGAIn

MarkCCU
April 19th, 2007, 07:59 AM
ONEONTA, ALA. -- The Coastal Carolina men's golf squad wrapped up a wire-to-wire, 23-shot victory at the 2007 PUPS Big South Conference Golf Championship, Apr. 18. The 54-hole, three-day tournament was played at Limestone Springs Golf Club (Par 72 - 6,987 Yards) in Oneonta, Ala., Apr. 16-18. It was Coastal's ninth Big South title in the last 11 years.

http://www.goccusports.com/?news=3335

andy7171
April 19th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Isn't a golf team from Mrytle Beach kinda like a surf team from Hawaii North Shore?? Unfair advantage?
:)
Congrats!

MarkCCU
April 19th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Isn't a golf team from Mrytle Beach kinda like a surf team from Hawaii North Shore?? Unfair advantage?
Congrats!

Kinda...xsmiley_wix

BeauFoster
April 19th, 2007, 11:51 AM
What is CCU's home course? Isn't there a course that is right beside campus?

Coastal89
April 19th, 2007, 12:06 PM
What is CCU's home course? Isn't there a course that is right beside campus?
Yes, the University bought that course last year but it is used for the PGM program not the golf team. Wild Wing used to be the home course but it has been closed and redeveloped into a housing sudivision. The TPC is now the home course.

The Gadfly
April 19th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Yes, the University bought that course last year but it is used for the PGM program not the golf team. Wild Wing used to be the home course but it has been closed and redeveloped into a housing sudivision. The TPC is now the home course.

I used to be a golf director in the Grand Strand and have played the TPC Myrtle Beach and I just don't like the course when I use to play it. I like True Blue and the courses in the Waccamaw Neck area.

BeauFoster
April 19th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I thought that I had played a course several years ago (10-12 years ago) and we had to drive on or near the CCU campus to get to it. I don't remember the name, but my dad did suggest that I go to school there just for the nearby golf. Nothing against CCU, but I am glad that I went to App.

chantster
April 19th, 2007, 02:24 PM
I used to be a golf director in the Grand Strand and have played the TPC Myrtle Beach and I just don't like the course when I use to play it. I like True Blue and the courses in the Waccamaw Neck area.

I agree, Gadfly. I don't know what it is about the TPC, I don't think it's that great a track.

Personally, I like True Blue, Barefoot, Grande Dunes and Tidewater the best of the MB courses.

bodoyle
April 19th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I thought that I had played a course several years ago (10-12 years ago) and we had to drive on or near the CCU campus to get to it. I don't remember the name, but my dad did suggest that I go to school there just for the nearby golf. Nothing against CCU, but I am glad that I went to App.

That's Quail Creek. It's right next to CCU.

rokamortis
April 19th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Congrats!

You would think. But our guys team didn't really start to pickup steam until a last 5-10 years. Hopefully the ladies can start to earn national acclaim as well.

proasu89
April 19th, 2007, 09:55 PM
I'm in the opposite corner on the TPC. I love it. Tidewater use to be enjoyable but it seems to have lost it's original luster. Haven't played the Love course yet but have heard that it's the best at Barefoot. Every time I've teed it up on the Dye the wind has been howling. The Fazio is good, but the Norman seemed like an afterthought to me.

BeauFoster
April 20th, 2007, 06:27 AM
That's Quail Creek. It's right next to CCU.

That may just be the one. If I recall correctly, I enjoyed the course. I haven't been to MB in about 4 years, so I need to get back down there for a weekend and play a few rounds.

MarkCCU
April 20th, 2007, 08:07 AM
That may just be the one. If I recall correctly, I enjoyed the course. I haven't been to MB in about 4 years, so I need to get back down there for a weekend and play a few rounds.

It is. Quail Creek is next door and it's a good course. We used to get drunk, and go play golf at night. ****, we'd sneak on it anyways...

chantster
April 20th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I'm in the opposite corner on the TPC. I love it. Tidewater use to be enjoyable but it seems to have lost it's original luster. Haven't played the Love course yet but have heard that it's the best at Barefoot. Every time I've teed it up on the Dye the wind has been howling. The Fazio is good, but the Norman seemed like an afterthought to me.

Of the Barefoot courses, I like the Davis and Dye Course. The Fazio is a good layout, not too sure of the Norman.... it was uneventful and I can only rememeber a couple of the holes.

I always enjoyed Wild Wing. I think the only layour left is the Avocet.

Lapper
April 24th, 2007, 10:06 AM
What is our ranking national as of this week?

The Grande Dunes blew my mind. Also like the Legends courses and Caledonia (sp?) where people cheer you on @ the 9th or 18th hole from the clubhouse.