PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Tech: Pope named Tennessee Tech wide receivers coach

News from the FCS
March 7th, 2019, 08:10 PM
COOKEVILLE, Tenn. – In recent history, Tennessee Tech has had a run of great receivers. Now the Golden Eagles have a new guy in charge of the wideouts as Kelsey Pope joined the Tech football staff on Wednesday, aiming to forge the next generation of Golden Eagle receivers.“He’s a great addition to our staff,” said Tech head coach Dewayne Alexander. “We’re very fortunate to have Kelsey join our staff. When Coach (Adam) Mims left to join the staff at Chattanooga, we were looking for someone who was a great Xs and Os coach and could really relate to our players. We wanted someone who could fit in with our staff and understands (Football Championship Subdivision) football. We wanted someone who understood our R-250 blueprint. It’s all very important.”Alexander continued, “Kelsey brings us great knowledge of the Birmingham area and Atlanta area, and those are two huge areas for us. Coach Mims recruited those areas, so there were just a lot of things that made Kelsey a great fit here. Just about every box that you looked to check, he had every one. He came highly recommended by people I know and trust in this profession. I really like his character. I like him as a person. I like his enthusiasm, and that’s a position where we really need someone who’s going to connect to these guys and bring energy to practice every day.”

More... (http://tennesseetech.prestosports.com/sports/fball/2019-20/releases/20190220q0tpsm)