PDA

View Full Version : MLB's Top 10 fights

blackfordpu
April 11th, 2007, 09:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2GuHjhWF8w

UNHWildCats
April 11th, 2007, 09:46 PM
1. No one i rather have comming to help me from first base then Mo "Locomotive" Vaughn

2. Izzy JUST WOW, creative way to help your odds of making it all the way to the mound.

3. Dont mess with Nolan Ryan

bobcatfan06
April 12th, 2007, 12:46 AM
I was at the game that Nolan opened a can on Ventura. I still have my program and ticket stub. Talk about an experience for a 9 year old boy. Man, that was awesome.

Mr. C
April 12th, 2007, 12:52 AM
For those of us on dial-up, who can't take forever to download this at home, what were the 10 fights?

The worst fight in baseball history, without a doubt, was the August, 1965 brawl between the Dodgers and Giants at Candlestick Park. Juan Marichal hitting Johnny Roseboro in the head with a bat. Imagine how long they would going on about that on Sports Center if that happened in these times. BTW, I was listening to the radio broadcast the day of the Marichal-Roseboro fight.

Mr. C
April 12th, 2007, 12:54 AM
I was at the game that Nolan opened a can on Ventura. I still have my program and ticket stub. Talk about an experience for a 9 year old boy. Man, that was awesome.
I have a friend who was covering that game for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that night. My wife still remembers the highlights from Sports Center.

HiHiYikas
April 12th, 2007, 08:31 AM
ESPN's baseball top 10's are always a little silly, since they overlook about 80% of baseball history for moments caught on tape. Then again, it would be much sillier to say "ESPN's top baseball fights caught on camera since the advent of baseball broadcasting, knowing full well that Ty Cobb's assault of a one-armed heckler is probably more worthy."

Chan Ho Park's flying leg-kick is perhaps the funniest thing ever. I love it.

xlolx

TheValleyRaider
April 12th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I was at that Benitez vs. the Yankees game, first-ever trip to Yankee Stadium. It was right after Bernie had homered off Benitez to gave NY the lead. The place was going absolutely crazy.

Also happened to be the first game after David Wells' Perfect Game (which I almost went to xmadx)

bison95
April 12th, 2007, 01:08 PM
I remember a classic brewers brawl in the 80's the was much better than 3/4 of thosexconfusedx

Mr. C
April 12th, 2007, 01:36 PM
ESPN's baseball top 10's are always a little silly, since they overlook about 80% of baseball history for moments caught on tape. Then again, it would be much sillier to say "ESPN's top baseball fights caught on camera since the advent of baseball broadcasting, knowing full well that Ty Cobb's assault of a one-armed heckler is probably more worthy."

Chan Ho Park's flying leg-kick is perhaps the funniest thing ever. I love it.

xlolx
There is video footage of the Marichal-Roseboro brawl. The game was televised in Los Angeles that day. It was a first-place showdown and was one of just four games that matched Marichal and Koufax as the starters. I've seen the footage and have a copy somewhere around the house of it. It is unlike anything else in the past 43 years of baseball and, as far as I know, the only case of a MLB player hitting another in the head with a bat.

Go...gate
April 12th, 2007, 01:57 PM
For those of us on dial-up, who can't take forever to download this at home, what were the 10 fights?

The worst fight in baseball history, without a doubt, was the Augustm 1965 brawl between the Dodgers and Giants at Candlestick Park. Juan Marichal hitting Johnny Roseboro in the head with a bat. Imagine how long they would going on about that on Sports Center if that happened in these times. BTW, I was listening to the radio broadcast the day of the Marichal-Roseboro fight.

Agreed.