PDA

View Full Version : Southland Conference Out Of Conference Games 2019

Catatonic
January 16th, 2019, 07:11 AM
I was just looking at FBschedules.com and found some interesting Out of Conference Matchups between Southland schools and other FCS foes coming up in 2019

HBU @ South Dakota
Sam Houston @ North Dakota
SFA @ Southern Utah
UCA @ Austin Peay
NW State @ UT Martin
Texas Southern @ UIW
Nicholls @ Prairie View
SLU @ Bethune Cookman
Southern @ McNeese and
Alcorn@ McNeese
Mississippi Valley @ Lamar
ACU is still looking for a FCS opponent.

There are also a lot of SLC match ups against FBS programs

ACU @ North Texas and Miss State:
Nicholls @ Kansas State and Texas State
Lamar @ TAMU
NW State @ LSU
SFA @ Baylor
McNeese @ Oklahoma State
SLU @ Ole Miss
HBU @ UTEP
UCA @ Western KY and Hawaii
UIW @ New Mexico State and UTSA
Sam Houston @ New Mexico

Daytripper
January 16th, 2019, 07:16 AM
I was just looking at FBschedules.com and found some interesting Out of Conference Matchups between Southland schools and other FCS foes coming up in 2019

HBU @ South Dakota
SFA @ Southern Utah
UCA @ Austin Peay
NW State @ UT Martin
Texas Southern @ UIW
Nicholls @ Prairie View
SLU @ Bethune Cookman
Southern @ McNeese and
Alcorn@ McNeese

Lamar @ TAMU
NW State @ LSU
SFA @ Baylor
McNeese @ Oklahoma State
SLU @ Ole Miss
HBU @ UTEP
Sam Houston @ New Mexico

This is the first FBS matchup SHSU has had in few years, I think. This New Mexico game was previously scheduled a few years back but they bailed.

Catatonic
January 16th, 2019, 11:38 AM
This is the first FBS matchup SHSU has had in few years, I think. This New Mexico game was previously scheduled a few years back but they bailed.

I’m surprised New Mexico agreed to play you again after losing to y’all the last time out.

Katfan
January 16th, 2019, 04:44 PM
I’m surprised New Mexico agreed to play you again after losing to y’all the last time out.
They waited until they could beat us.

Daytripper
January 16th, 2019, 04:56 PM
They waited until they could beat us.

We could surprise them next season...

lionsrking2
January 16th, 2019, 06:32 PM

HBU @ South Dakota
SFA @ Southern Utah
UCA @ Austin Peay
NW State @ UT Martin
Texas Southern @ UIW
Nicholls @ Prairie View
SLU @ Bethune Cookman
Southern @ McNeese and
Alcorn@ McNeese

Lamar @ TAMU
NW State @ LSU
SFA @ Baylor
McNeese @ Oklahoma State
SLU @ Ole Miss
HBU @ UTEP
Sam Houston @ New Mexico

We're supposed to opening the season at home with Jacksonville State. I guess waiting on it to become official.

ElCid
January 16th, 2019, 08:06 PM

HBU @ South Dakota
SFA @ Southern Utah
UCA @ Austin Peay
NW State @ UT Martin
Texas Southern @ UIW
Nicholls @ Prairie View
SLU @ Bethune Cookman
Southern @ McNeese and
Alcorn@ McNeese

Lamar @ TAMU
NW State @ LSU
SFA @ Baylor
McNeese @ Oklahoma State
SLU @ Ole Miss
HBU @ UTEP
Sam Houston @ New Mexico

I wish we would have some match ups with you guys but it is just a bit far, for a non pay day. Except for the occasional game with Samford who is "out west" any way.

katss07
January 16th, 2019, 08:59 PM
Looks like New Mexico has finally found their courage...finally.

McNeese75
January 16th, 2019, 09:41 PM
We're supposed to opening the season at home with Jacksonville State. I guess waiting on it to become official.

You need to win that game!!!

BEAR
January 17th, 2019, 01:11 PM
Uh oh.... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS ABOUT....maybe the increased number of games against the Sunbelt teams is a foreshadowing? Maybe this isn't even sports related. It is HUSH HUSH on campus..

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29913&stc=1

lionsrking2
January 17th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Uh oh.... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS ABOUT....maybe the increased number of games against the Sunbelt teams is a foreshadowing? Maybe this isn't even sports related. It is HUSH HUSH on campus..

Figure maybe you're getting rid of that ugly turf. :)

lionsrking2
January 17th, 2019, 01:36 PM
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA 2019 SCHEDULE

Aug. 31 –Jacksonville State
Sept. 7 – atBethune-Cookman
Sept. 14 – at OleMiss
Sept. 21 – Lamar*
Sept. 28 – atNorthwestern State*
Oct. 5 – atMcNeese*
Oct. 12 – UIW*
Oct. 26 – atHouston Baptist*
Nov. 2 – StephenF. Austin*
Nov. 9 – atCentral Arkansas*
Nov. 16 – atAbilene Christian*
Nov. 21 –Nicholls*

BEAR
January 17th, 2019, 01:50 PM
Figure maybe you're getting rid of that ugly turf. :)

Or adding yet another Starbucks on campus....xlolx Though the turf thing would be nice. I mean it was installed in 2011 so its about due.

McNeese75
January 17th, 2019, 01:54 PM

Conque returns!!!!! :D

BEAR
January 17th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Conque returns!!!!! :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/lm0WmZ0rlV19C/giphy.gif

Outsider1
January 17th, 2019, 09:11 PM
I wish we would have some match ups with you guys but it is just a bit far, for a non pay day. Except for the occasional game with Samford who is "out west" any way.

I think that would actually be an interesting series.

Catatonic
January 18th, 2019, 11:17 AM

Prolly dropping athletics to focus on academics. UCA to become the Harvard of Arkansas

Panther88
January 18th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Prolly dropping athletics to focus on academics. UCA to become the Harvard of Arkansas

xlolx The visual lol.

TheRevSFA
January 19th, 2019, 07:55 AM
UCA is leaving the southland for the OVC

JSUSoutherner
January 19th, 2019, 08:25 AM

Excuse me?

Bearkats94
January 19th, 2019, 09:19 AM

HBU @ South Dakota
SFA @ Southern Utah
UCA @ Austin Peay
NW State @ UT Martin
Texas Southern @ UIW
Nicholls @ Prairie View
SLU @ Bethune Cookman
Southern @ McNeese and
Alcorn@ McNeese

Lamar @ TAMU
NW State @ LSU
SFA @ Baylor
McNeese @ Oklahoma State
SLU @ Ole Miss
HBU @ UTEP
Sam Houston @ New Mexico

Would sure like to travel with UCA to Hawaii.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearkats94
January 19th, 2019, 09:22 AM

Where did you hear that?

katss07
January 19th, 2019, 09:36 AM
UCA leaving for the SLC for the OVC would kill me inside. That would be a step down for the Bears, at best. Maybe an FBS move?

JSUSoutherner
January 19th, 2019, 10:39 AM
UCA leaving for the SLC for the OVC would kill me inside. That would be a step down for the Bears, at best. Maybe an FBS move?

I think you have way too much value in UCA.

Daytripper
January 19th, 2019, 11:56 AM

If UCA moved to the OVC, it would immediately make that conference a lot better. And, in very short order, JSU will lose their perch on top.

katss07
January 19th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Not really, UCA is a top 3 program in the SLC at this point that usually contends for the conference or a playoff spot. Considering the SLC and OVC share the same region, that would be a huge boost for the OVC and a big loss for the SLC. It could give the OVC enough recognition to become a 2-3 bid conference, while the SLC would probably slip back to a one bidder.

JSUSoutherner
January 19th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Not really, UCA is a top 3 program in the SLC at this point that usually contends for the conference or a playoff spot. Considering the SLC and OVC share the same region, that would be a huge boost for the OVC and a big loss for the SLC. It could give the OVC enough recognition to become a 2-3 bid conference, while the SLC would probably slip back to a one bidder.

They'd be a good football addition. In every other sport they'd just be another team.

Plus Conway isn't exactly in the footprint.

Also, my comment was mostly in response to the "FBS maybe?" thing. That one is truly crazy.

TheRevSFA
January 19th, 2019, 02:37 PM
Where did you hear that?

Just a hunch

katss07
January 19th, 2019, 02:53 PM
They'd be a good football addition. In every other sport they'd just be another team.

Plus Conway isn't exactly in the footprint.

Also, my comment was mostly in response to the "FBS maybe?" thing. That one is truly crazy.
Teams like Coastal Carolina are moving up nowadays. I wouldn’t really be surprised.

centraljerseycat
January 19th, 2019, 03:25 PM

It's good to see KC actually scheduling two challenging non-conference games for once...his non-conference schedules have traditionally been softer than a baby's bottom..

Outsider1
January 19th, 2019, 03:40 PM

Hush your mouth Rev, me and UCA gonna have to have a come to Jesus talk......

FormerPokeCenter
January 19th, 2019, 05:52 PM
UCA's either gotten into the SunBelt, which would require the Sunbelt's vote...and, nothing has come from them yet...

OR...

UCa's finally gotten the Medical School they've been aiming for...

BEAR
January 19th, 2019, 06:44 PM
UCA's either gotten into the SunBelt, which would require the Sunbelt's vote...and, nothing has come from them yet...

OR...

UCa's finally gotten the Medical School they've been aiming for...

No one at UCA besides the upper admins know the news. With 2 hospitals and a new 80,000 sq ft Nursing program building getting built next, I wouldn't be surprised to see some new form of doctors program added. Makes sense. The most sense.

As as for the Sunbelt, I can see us going to it in all sports but football. We just don't have the facilities or donors.

No no idea what it is. Big donation? Buy out by UA or ASU? Who knows. Guess we'll have to wait til Tuesday.

Outsider1
January 19th, 2019, 09:35 PM
No one at UCA besides the upper admins know the news. With 2 hospitals and a new 80,000 sq ft Nursing program building getting built next, I wouldn't be surprised to see some new form of doctors program added. Makes sense. The most sense.

As as for the Sunbelt, I can see us going to it in all sports but football. We just don't have the facilities or donors.

No no idea what it is. Big donation? Buy out by UA or ASU? Who knows. Guess we'll have to wait til Tuesday.

If really true, it would realy suck for the SLC.

JSUSoutherner
January 20th, 2019, 05:44 AM
Teams like Coastal Carolina are moving up nowadays. I wouldn’t really be surprised.

Coastal has money, their football program was consistely better than UCA and their baseball program is a national powerhouse.

TheRevSFA
January 20th, 2019, 07:54 AM
UCA isn’t going FBS

Catatonic
January 20th, 2019, 02:09 PM

maybe a school of Osteopathy? With UA’s MD program in Little Rock it wouldn’t seem to make much sense to develop another MD program close by.

BEAR
January 20th, 2019, 03:30 PM
maybe a school of Osteopathy? With UA’s MD program in Little Rock it wouldn’t seem to make much sense to develop another MD program close by.

Yeah I was thinking that but I wasn't sure how much anyone here knew about the area. Good news for UCA if so.

BEAR
January 22nd, 2019, 08:36 AM
Well today is the day.

Hope they haven't over-hyped this announcement. Just spoke to someone who "says" they know but won't tell me. It doesn't involve becoming a UA or ASU system school. Thank goodness.

So i'm willing to guess a medical school or a change of conference for all sports BUT football. Just a guess though. I mean UALR doesn't even have a football program and they are in the Sunbelt.

Could be a BIG donation too. Or another movie to be filmed on campus. xlolx

I'll know at 2 p.m. central and will post it on there moments after hearing. (Better not be we are changing food vendors.) xlolx

BEAR
January 22nd, 2019, 01:27 PM
David Lippman THV11‏Verified account @david_lippman (https://twitter.com/david_lippman)FollowFollow
@david_lippman

More

I’m looking forward to learning more about the biggest donation in @ucabears (https://twitter.com/ucabears) history.

lionsrking2
January 22nd, 2019, 02:07 PM
David Lippman THV11‏Verified account @david_lippman (https://twitter.com/david_lippman)FollowFollow
@david_lippman

More

I’m looking forward to learning more about the biggest donation in @ucabears (https://twitter.com/ucabears) history.

Astros owner? He went to UCA didn't he?

lionsrking2
January 22nd, 2019, 02:13 PM
Windgate Foundation, nice!

BEAR
January 22nd, 2019, 02:40 PM
Windgate Foundation, nice!

20 million for a new fine arts center.

So we will have the Snow Fine Arts Center, the Reynolds Performing Arts Center, and now this........nice donation. Was hoping it was sports related..but didn't know. So much for this thread drift...xlolx

Katfan
January 22nd, 2019, 04:30 PM
We could surprise them next season...
I think we’ll be much better next year assuming we don’t lose our entire o-line to injury

Katfan
January 22nd, 2019, 04:33 PM
Excuse me?
Worried!

JSUSoutherner
January 23rd, 2019, 09:13 AM
Worried!

Remind me, how did our last encounter with a Southland team go?

Outsider1
January 23rd, 2019, 10:00 AM

So we will have the Snow Fine Arts Center, the Reynolds Performing Arts Center, and now this........nice donation. Was hoping it was sports related..but didn't know. So much for this thread drift...xlolx

Sweet! Congrats on that!! xdrunkyx

JSUSoutherner
January 23rd, 2019, 10:59 AM

I'm jealous.

BEAR
January 23rd, 2019, 11:17 AM

https://uca.edu/alumni/files/2018/10/Hawaii-1024x581.png

Guess which one I'm likely going to..... xlolx

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.5DUeDcNHvNh83ZJJYclhrgHaFj&pid=Api

JSUSoutherner
January 23rd, 2019, 11:52 AM
Seriously considering making the trip to Louisiana for the Jax State game.

Outsider1
January 23rd, 2019, 02:44 PM

https://uca.edu/alumni/files/2018/10/Hawaii-1024x581.png

Now I am REALLY jealous!!!!! My boards are getting too much dust here in Abilene......

lionsrking2
January 23rd, 2019, 02:44 PM
Seriously considering making the trip to Louisiana for the Jax State game.

Come on down, it's an easy trip.

BEAR
January 23rd, 2019, 03:52 PM
Now I am REALLY jealous!!!!! My boards are getting too much dust here in Abilene......

I think you missed the humor in my post. After my European adventure this past summer I think we will stick local and go to the WKU game. xlolx Man I can imagine the cost of travel to Hawaii...woah...xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

McNeese75
January 23rd, 2019, 04:02 PM
I think you missed the humor in my post. After my European adventure this past summer I think we will stick local and go to the WKU game. xlolx Man I can imagine the cost of travel to Hawaii...woah...xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

You should go to Hawaii. Nothing in Bowling Green but the Corvette museum xlolx

Outsider1
January 23rd, 2019, 04:16 PM

LOL..... Ok, I feel way better now xbowx

BEAR
January 23rd, 2019, 04:27 PM
LOL..... Ok, I feel way better now xbowx

But if I do go, dude, can I rip your stick from your pinchers so I can flip a spinner without looking like a shubie!? xlolx

Outsider1
January 23rd, 2019, 04:29 PM
But if I do go, dude, can I rip your stick from your pinchers so I can flip a spinner without looking like a shubie!? xlolx

You Got it Bro!!!! xdrunkyx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29952&stc=1

Panther88
January 24th, 2019, 09:41 AM

Great place to visit, learn, and purchase. I felt the same way when I anticipated the first trip to Zeuffenhausen. I slid plastic, shipped, and purchased carry-ons like the world was coming to an end w/in the next 50 minutes xlolx .

From what I recall, I think tix for Oahu should be cheaper in month 09 because that is not peak travel season for that destination from mainland usa.

BEAR
January 24th, 2019, 10:50 AM
Great place to visit, learn, and purchase. I felt the same way when I anticipated the first trip to Zeuffenhausen. I slid plastic, shipped, and purchased carry-ons like the world was coming to an end w/in the next 50 minutes xlolx .

From what I recall, I think tix for Oahu should be cheaper in month 09 because that is not peak travel season for that destination from mainland usa.

KAYAK has single tix airflight and hotel for a week for $984 per person. Not bad. No food included but the same tix and hotel in June is close to $3k. Yikes!

McNeese75
January 24th, 2019, 11:25 AM
KAYAK has single tix airflight and hotel for a week for $984 per person. Not bad. No food included but the same tix and hotel in June is close to $3k. Yikes!

Just go Man, the food thing will work itself out :D

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29954&stc=1

Panther88
January 24th, 2019, 01:32 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx right

- - - Updated - - -

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx right

Panther88
January 24th, 2019, 01:34 PM

That's not bad at all. It could become cheaper than that if you locate the Continental-United/American flight attendant who has over 30+ years of seniority. :D lol

Catatonic
January 24th, 2019, 02:33 PM

Spend an extra couple of days and follow the bourbon trail in Ky.

McNeese75
January 24th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Spend an extra couple of days and follow the bourbon trail in Ky.

Hummmmm, decisions, decisions xeyebrowx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29958&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29957&stc=1

McNeese72
January 24th, 2019, 03:39 PM
We got Southern and Alcorn State on the schedule this year. I think it is time to do a home and home with PVAMU. I'd like to see their relatively new stadium.

Doc

Outsider1
January 24th, 2019, 08:16 PM
Hummmmm, decisions, decisions xeyebrowx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29958&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29957&stc=1

Maybe the girl is what the old man is seeing after some of his moonshine xdrunkyx

I am fine with my annual Philippine trip, some of the prettiest beaches anywhere and water as clear as a swimming pool. I am getting anxious waiting on our final schedule. I really want more OOC FCS games

katss07
January 25th, 2019, 06:53 AM
We got Southern and Alcorn State on the schedule this year. I think it is time to do a home and home with PVAMU. I'd like to see their relatively new stadium.

Doc
PVAMU’s new stadium is awesome! I would definitely recommend going to it if you have the chance. I love that the SLC is scheduling these HBCUs nowadays.

Daytripper
January 25th, 2019, 08:52 AM
PVAMU’s new stadium is awesome! I would definitely recommend going to it if you have the chance. I love that the SLC is scheduling these HBCUs nowadays.
I wouldn't mind seeing PVAMU join the Soutland. They are building a legit program.

Outsider1
January 25th, 2019, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing PVAMU join the Soutland. They are building a legit program.

Agree with their program and their stadium +1!

DFW HOYA
January 25th, 2019, 01:02 PM

http://media.148apps.com/screenshots/1212053919/us-ipad-4-pvamu-stadium-bricks.jpeg

tierre
January 25th, 2019, 05:19 PM

Doc

Plan on making this trip when Alcorn travels to Lake Charles. I think this game is going to come down to the wire

tierre
January 25th, 2019, 05:44 PM
Looking at McNeese 1st 3 games (Southern, OSU, Alcorn). It is going to be make or break for them. Southern and Alcorn were both in the SWAC Championship game with both returning over 16 starters. However, Southern lost their DC to be Head Coach at North Carolina Central. Alcorn lost its OC to be OLine Coach at USM. McNeese St. might win however I wouldn't be surprised if they started 0-3

McNeese75
January 25th, 2019, 10:05 PM
Looking at McNeese 1st 3 games (Southern, OSU, Alcorn). It is going to be make or break for them. Southern and Alcorn were both in the SWAC Championship game with both returning over 16 starters. However, Southern lost their DC to be Head Coach at North Carolina Central. Alcorn lost its OC to be OLine Coach at USM. McNeese St. might win however I wouldn't be surprised if they started 0-3

It could happen. This could be the year McNeese loses it's first game to a SWAC team. Time will tell.

dgtw
January 26th, 2019, 08:54 PM
Come on down, it's an easy trip.

As long as it is on Saturday, I’m there.

lionsrking2
January 27th, 2019, 12:11 AM
As long as it is on Saturday, I’m there.

With Labor Day being the following Monday I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there will be a push to move it to Thursday.