Grizalltheway
April 10th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Just wait 'till hernandez pitches!

UNHWildCats
April 10th, 2007, 02:22 PM
LOL vs Daisuke good luck ;)

Ivytalk
April 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM
He's sucked for years! But he did have a decent post-season last year...xrotatehx

whitey
April 10th, 2007, 02:25 PM
It's amazing what a good pitching coach can do for a pitcher. And the Cards have one of the best. Jeff Weaver sucking again this year should be no surprise.

Mr. C
April 10th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Dude. Quit picking on my homeboy Jeff Weaver. I can't say anything bad about a first round draft choice from my alma mater, Fresno State. Once a Bulldog, always a Bulldog. He pitched pretty darn good for my Los Angeles Dodgers and he helped the Cardinals win that shiny ring last October.

P.S. Glad I have him deactivated today on my roster.

Grizalltheway
April 10th, 2007, 02:26 PM
LOL vs Daisuke good luck ;)

That should be quite the matchup xnodx

Mr. C
April 10th, 2007, 02:27 PM
It's amazing what a good pitching coach can do for a pitcher. And the Cards have one of the best. Jeff Weaver sucking again this year should be no surprise.
Jeff is just one of those high maintenance guys. He has done well with the right pitching coach, however (like Jim Colborn on the Dodgers and Dave Duncan with the Cardinals). I've always thought he is much better as an NL pitcher, too.

UNHWildCats
April 10th, 2007, 02:30 PM

he had a 5.00+ era with the Cards he wasnt exactly good. Sure he had a good post season but overall he never stopped sucking :p

UNHWildCats
April 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM
sorry Mr C anyone wanna see the first Daisuke vs Ichiro matchup? lets just say it wasnt pretty for Ichiro. Though in a later game he did take Matsuzaka-san outta the park.

whitey
April 10th, 2007, 02:36 PM
he had a 5.00+ era with the Cards he wasnt exactly good. Sure he had a good post season but overall he never stopped sucking :p

Ehh..sort of. He steadily improved last season with Duncan's oversight. His first month with the Cardinals he was terrible, but he steadily improved after that. Then everyone saw what he did in October. Co-incidence?...maybe, maybe not.

NE MT GRIZZ
April 10th, 2007, 02:51 PM
He figured he would cash in rather than be successful with a good team.
Duncan and LaRussa would have kept his head on straight, just like the last half of last year.

I guess 1 ring is good enough for some guys.

Another goof that could have use Dave Duncan was Mike Hampton.
His final 2 teams were Colorado and St. Louis.
We all know how the rest turned out.

Fresno St. Alum
April 10th, 2007, 06:16 PM
I can't say anything bad about that guy, he was a great pitcher and hitter at Fresno St.

Reed Rothchild
April 10th, 2007, 09:11 PM
He should have stayed in St. Louis.

Bison05
April 10th, 2007, 09:15 PM
I was glad when he left Anahiem. We kept the better Weaver.xnodx xnodx xnodx

Ivytalk
April 10th, 2007, 09:27 PM
What about getting Dennis Weaver? Or Charlie Weaver?:D

Reed Rothchild
April 11th, 2007, 02:38 PM
I was glad when he left Anahiem. We kept the better Weaver.xnodx xnodx xnodx

But he has a bad arm already. xnodx xnodx xnodx

Bison05
April 11th, 2007, 02:43 PM
But he has a bad arm already. xnodx xnodx xnodx

That's one minor injury, he's schedule to pitch in a minor league game today, so we should see him back in the rotation soon.:)