PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Megathread: 2019 Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2019, 08:40 AM
Considering sunrise was about 715 here in Bemidji and the legal shooting hours is 30 minutes before it would appear as if those hunters were illegally hunting deer郎

Dewey

It is like that every year around here. I just smile.

dewey
November 9th, 2019, 09:32 AM
It is like that every year around here. I just smile.

We saw a nice 8 (4x4) driving out this morning. I am sure there are 'hunters' out there that would have shot him out the window.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2019, 10:05 AM
We saw a nice 8 (4x4) driving out this morning. I am sure there are 'hunters' out there that would have shot him out the window.

Dewey

Oh ya, most guys would. These guys that shoot the little ones always complain there are no big ones any more. Well, quit shooting the little ones and let them turn into big ones.

I have bees on a guys land and the family has something like 4000 acres and most of it is woods. They have a hunting party of like 20 people but the family rule is no shooting of the basket bucks, spikes, or smaller 6s and 8s......guess what, they always get beautiful 10s, 12s and 14s every year. Granted, they have enough acreage where the deer stay on their land but if you let the small ones go.....they become big ones.

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Oh ya, most guys would. These guys that shoot the little ones always complain there are no big ones any more. Well, quit shooting the little ones and let them turn into big ones.

I have bees on a guys land and the family has something like 4000 acres and most of it is woods. They have a hunting party of like 20 people but the family rule is no shooting of the basket bucks, spikes, or smaller 6s and 8s......guess what, they always get beautiful 10s, 12s and 14s every year. Granted, they have enough acreage where the deer stay on their land but if you let the small ones go.....they become big ones.

I only have about 0.8 acres in town, but our deer and tomatoes were coming along nicely about a month ago (photo shot out of my living room window).

https://i.imgur.com/TJleTUC.jpg?1 (https://i.imgur.com/TJleTUC.jpg)

IBleedYellow
November 9th, 2019, 11:58 AM
We have a quarter of land that's swamp and trees. We've got plenty of nice large deer on it...because we only shoot 5x5s or larger unless special circumstances arise.

dewey
November 9th, 2019, 12:46 PM
We have a quarter of land that's swamp and trees. We've got plenty of nice large deer on it...because we only shoot 5x5s or larger unless special circumstances arise.

Like Bison fan mentioned passing on smaller deer is the perfect recipe to grow larger deer. However you need to have enough land to keep the deer there.

I believe this has been proven in SE MN by having antler restrictions.

Dewey

ysubigred
November 9th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Didnt even notice the handsTwo in the pink 1 in the stink

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mmiller_34
November 9th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Edit: oops wrong thread..

uh... MVFC games

POD Knows
November 9th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Anybody watching the NDSU WIU game on TV. Is the officiating as ****ty on TV as it appears to be live.

dewey
November 9th, 2019, 04:04 PM
Anybody watching the NDSU WIU game on TV. Is the officiating as ****ty on TV as it appears to be live.

Nope. I am trying to follow along but I have very little sign in the deer hunting woods.

Dewey

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2019, 04:16 PM

Why would anyone watch it? I tuned in for about a quarter, went "yup...seems about right" and have the LSU/'Bama game on now.
Looks like ILSU and SDSU is vaguely interesting though.

EDIT - er...guess I spoke too soon...LSU is blowing out 'Bama by only slightly less than NDSU is blowing out WIU.

mmiller_34
November 9th, 2019, 04:21 PM
Why would anyone watch it? I tuned in for about a quarter, went "yup...seems about right" and have the LSU/'Bama game on now.
Looks like ILSU and SDSU is vaguely interesting though.

We’re going to do a way to **** the bed. Just threw a pick so it’s happening.

POD Knows
November 9th, 2019, 04:54 PM
I cannot wait to rewatch the NDSU WIU game. This officiating seems to be beyond bad. I hate to bitch in a blow out but pretty soon NDSU penalty yards will exceed WIU offensive yards

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2019, 05:08 PM
This officiating in the NDSU/WIU game is beyond embarrassing.

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2019, 05:12 PM
They did at least correct that WIU TD. Showed it on TV multiple times in slow-mo...ball never touched the turf.

POD Knows
November 9th, 2019, 05:13 PM
This officiating in the NDSU/WIU game is beyond embarrassing.
This is the worst crew I have ever seen. Complete and utter bull**** call after call. Bison might hit 200 yards in penalties with these clowns. This game should be 70
to ****ing nothing.

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2019, 05:13 PM
They did at least correct that WIU TD. Showed it on TV multiple times in slow-mo...ball never touched the turf.
You didn't see the same angle they showed in the dome then. Clearly hit the turf (the second time that is... not sure about the first time it got close)

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2019, 05:14 PM
You didn't see the same angle they showed in the dome then. Clearly hit the turf (the second time that is... not sure about the first time it got close)

Talk to your own TV guys then...they were saying that was the right call and it sure looked like it from everything they were showing and re-showing on TV.

Lorne_Malvo
November 9th, 2019, 05:15 PM

Then why did the ball bounce upwards and backwards? End of the ball hit the turf.

POD Knows
November 9th, 2019, 05:16 PM
Yea great. How about the PI before it. They shouldn’t have even been down there

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Then why did the ball bounce upwards and backwards? End of the ball hit the turf.

Rolled in his arms, against his body, and bounced back out away from him. You could clearly see his arms under the ball when it first comes in, then there's visible space when his hands grab it after it bounces out.

Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things.

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Talk to your own TV guys then...they were saying that was the right call and it sure looked like it from everything they were showing and re-showing on TV.
Well, that makes sense because that's the shot the replay guys used then. Shot they played on the big screens in the dome showed he didn't get his hands underneath the ball after the rebound before it at least brushed the turf.

POD Knows
November 9th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Have you ever listened or watched a Bison TV game with KVLY. Lee Timmerman despises the Bison. He is wrong all the time. I put no ****ing stock in anything those asshats have to say. But you are a fair guy and I will trust you on this because you are a fair guy and maybe the countless first downs and TD’s nullified by penalties we all balls on but I doubt it.

BTW. 21 for us is
going to be good.

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2019, 05:33 PM
Have you ever listened or watched a Bison TV game with KVLY. Lee Timmerman despises the Bison. He is wrong all the time. I put no ****ing stock in anything those asshats have to say. But you are a fair guy and I will trust you on this because you are a fair guy and maybe the countless first downs and TD’s nullified by penalties we all balls on but I doubt it.

BTW. 21 for us is
going to be good.

I appreciate it. Idk how it looked in the stadium or on what they were showing on the board. I'm just saying that on the replay on ESPN, just from the video (regardless of what the TV guys are saying), it looks like it was pretty clearly a TD.

I gotta take any small "victory" I can in this game.

You're right...dude's freakin' speedy gonzalez out there

Bisonator
November 9th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Well, that makes sense because that's the shot the replay guys used then. Shot they played on the big screens in the dome showed he didn't get his hands underneath the ball after the rebound before it at least brushed the turf.

It was a great catch. The ball never touched the turf. They got it right.

Bisonator
November 9th, 2019, 06:24 PM
The officiating was ugly but the Bison have to clean up some of those penalties. Just bone headed and it's very agrevating. Entz was not happy and he shouldn't be either.

ysubigred
November 9th, 2019, 07:06 PM
Nicehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191110/644908c6972f7513cf5e622ce166da2d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2019, 08:18 PM
Some thoughts on this game: NDSU vs WIU

1. That was not a catch. Whatever camera view was on TV is not the same as the one on the FD board. Ball clearly hit the ground and bounced away from the WR. Didn't affect the game but still a bad call.
2. Refs were horrible. PI call was atrocious. Ball was no where near being catchable.
3. NDSU OL held. OK, they did some I guess but Tuscka was getting mugged on almost every down and nothing.
4. Trey Lance is the best QB in the Valley and it is not even close. He'll win FR of the year in the FCS and should be a serious contender for the Payton.
5. WIU had anywhere from 4-7 starters on defense in the game when the Bison had the 3rd string in.
6. WIU scored 2 TDs on the 2nds and 3rds. Backups still need to step up and make plays. Valuable reps for the backups.
7. NDSU still needs to tackle better.
8. Bussey is an animal. 1st 2 touches of his college career and he scores.
9. Offense did a great job. Almost 700 yards.
10. On to USD to run the ball all over their porous defense.

Hammersmith
November 9th, 2019, 09:36 PM
It was a catch. On the TV angle, you can see the space in between the receiver's arms and the turf from near-ground angle. If the ball touched the ground, you'd be able to see it. The ball bounced between his arms and his chest, but not the turf. If you have ESPN+, there's a good slow-mo with a perfect angle at 2:36:20.

JayJ79
November 9th, 2019, 09:38 PM
Will be interesting to see how the playoff/seed situation plays out between UNI, SDSU, and IlSU. (NDSU getting the 1 seed is pretty much a foregone conclusion)
If UNI beats SDSU (and doesn't choke against WIU), it seems fairly obvious that they should get a seed. But would there be a 3rd seed from the MVFC?
If SDSU bounces back and beats UNI (which is fairly likely, especially if UNI plays like they did today), there could potentially be 3 teams at 6-2 in conference, with each of them being 1-1 in head-to-head against the others and their only other losses in conference being to NDSU.

CappinHard
November 10th, 2019, 01:56 AM
Will be interesting to see how the playoff/seed situation plays out between UNI, SDSU, and IlSU. (NDSU getting the 1 seed is pretty much a foregone conclusion)
If UNI beats SDSU (and doesn't choke against WIU), it seems fairly obvious that they should get a seed. But would there be a 3rd seed from the MVFC?
If SDSU bounces back and beats UNI (which is fairly likely, especially if UNI plays like they did today), there could potentially be 3 teams at 6-2 in conference, with each of them being 1-1 in head-to-head against the others and their only other losses in conference being to NDSU.

If that scenario plays out, there could possibly only be one MVFC seed.

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2019, 02:47 AM
MVFC playoff outlook time! YSU was eliminated today so only 5 teams left with a shot at making the playoffs. Realistically it seems likely the conference gets 4 bids with a possibility of 5 or 3 if things shake out the right, or the wrong, way. Here's how I see it ordered by the teams that have the easiest road to the playoffs (or are already in) to the teams that have the toughest road.

I made an addition this year of adding Massey's win % for each of the remaining games for team's in contention. Those numbers don't take into account today's games yet.

Locks

North Dakota St (10-0, 6-0)
Quality wins: UND, UC Davis, @ISUr, UNI, @SDSU
Bad losses: None
Remaining games: USD(100%), @SIU(96%)
The Bison are looking every bit like the championship teams of years past. They've put up an impressive resume of quality wins together en route to their 10-0 start. They've got a gimme next week at home against USD but that season finale in Carbondale won't be a gimme and they might need it to secure homefield advantage until Frisco.

Should be in

Northern Iowa (7-3, 5-1)
Quality wins: @ISUr
Remaining games: @SDSU(25%), WIU(99%)
The Panthers keep doing what they need to do and are in great shape to pick up not just a playoff bid but a high seed and a bye in the process. They've got a showdown looming next week in Brookings but after today's events they may be favored in that game and even if they lose that one all they need to do to get in is beat hapless WIU in the season finale to get to 8-4 (6-2) which should get them in easily. Next week's game will almost certainly decide whether the'll be on bye on Thanksgiving weeekend or playing for their playoff lives in week 12.

Illinois St (7-3, 4-2)
Quality wins: @SIU, @SDSU
Remaining games: MSU(95%), @YSU(48%)
The Redbirds picked up the quality win they've been lacking to this point in the season today in Brookings and are sitting pretty for not only a playoff spot but for a seed and a first round bye. They should win this next one at Missouri St which will lock them in but that season finale at YSU looks like a very winnnable game after today's events and a 9-3 record seems very likely to get this team a seed. Even without that they're looking like a playoff team whereas a week ago that was a very iffy proposition.

South Dakota St (7-3, 4-2)
Quality wins: SIU
Remaining games: UNI(75%), @USD(91%)
The Jacks took a big hit to their seed chances today with their loss to Illinois St. The good news is they probably can't drop any lower than #7 but the bad news is they've got UNI coming to Brookings next weekend and have a very real chance of falling out of the seeds if they lose that one. If they win out they probably are seeded in the top 7 since that would include a win over UNI but one more loss likely relegates them to a Thanksgiving weekend playoff game and a second round game in Fargo if they win that one.

Work left to do

Southern Illinois (6-4, 4-2)
Quality wins: @UMass, UT-Martin, YSU
Remaining games: @WIU(88%), NDSU(4%)
This Saluki team is very much in the playoff picture even if they drop their season finale against NDSU. 7-5 will likely be good enough to get this team in and 8-4 is obviously a lock. If they keep it up they might be the best comeback story in the FCS this year.

Eliminated

Youngstown St (5-5, 1-5) - As has been the case so often in the past a good but soft non-confernence season has turned out to be fool's gold as the Penguins have been exposed as paper tigers meow that they've gotten into the MVFC schedule. All they can do at this point is play the spoiler.
Indiana St (3-7, 1-5) - The bounces just haven't gone the Sycamores way this year but they've got the opportunity to play spoiler down the stretch if nothing else
South Dakota (3-7, 2-4) - The Coyotes are eliminated but have proven they are far from toothless. Teams will need to be ready in these final two wweks as USD tries to ruin some postseason dreams and build some momentum into 2020 in the process.
Missouri St (1-9), 1-6) - All the Bears can do at this point is play spoiler and their game next week against Illinois St will give then a chance to break some hearts still in 2019.
Western Illinois (1-9, 1-5) - 2019 has simply been a season to forget for the Leathernecks. It seems likely that 1 will be their season total but they've got a puncher's chance from here on out as their offense does have some teeth and they've got a chance to win either of their final 2 games.

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2019, 03:14 AM
I think there's 4 MVFC seeds unless that SDSU/UNI game is s blowout. UCA's implosion today solidifies it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2019, 06:04 AM
Nice work PC!

- - - Updated - - -

I think there's 4 MVFC seeds unless that SDSU/UNI game is s blowout. UCA's implosion today solidifies it.

Even with the SDSU/UNI loser? That team would have 4 losses. Not too sure about that.

IMO, 5 teams are getting in:

NDSU
UNI
Ill State
SDSU
SIU

CappinHard
November 10th, 2019, 07:39 AM

That would be interesting. If SDSU wins, I see a path to that. I assume the seed order would go ISUr, SDSU, UNI in that case? UNI in over Furman?

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Nice work PC!

- - - Updated - - -

Even with the SDSU/UNI loser? That team would have 4 losses. Not too sure about that.

IMO, 5 teams are getting in:

NDSU
UNI
Ill State
SDSU
SIU
Well, SDSU probably less likely but there's a big drop off around #8 or so that should provide a cushy landing spot for the SDSU/UNI loser. UCA has 3 losses already... Furman finishes 9-3 at best... Montana St is going to knock Montana out of the seeds if they finish 9-3 or they'll finish with 4 losses themselves. Nova finishes 9-3 at best. Monmouth might get to 10-2 but on a weak schedule.

Then again it might get political too.... can't have 4 seeds from the same conference type deal.

Houndawg
November 10th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Well, SDSU probably less likely but there's a big drop off around #8 or so that should provide a cushy landing spot for the SDSU/UNI loser. UCA has 3 losses already... Furman finishes 9-3 at best... Montana St is going to knock Montana out of the seeds if they finish 9-3 or they'll finish with 4 losses themselves. Nova finishes 9-3 at best. Monmouth might get to 10-2 but on a weak schedule.

Then again it might get political too.... can't have 4 seeds from the same conference type deal.

No way they seed 4 teams from the MVFC, they probably wouldn't even do it for the CAA

Houndawg
November 10th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Some thoughts on this game: NDSU vs WIU

1. That was not a catch. Whatever camera view was on TV is not the same as the one on the FD board. Ball clearly hit the ground and bounced away from the WR. Didn't affect the game but still a bad call.
2. Refs were horrible. PI call was atrocious. Ball was no where near being catchable.
3. NDSU OL held. OK, they did some I guess but Tuscka was getting mugged on almost every down and nothing.
4. Trey Lance is the best QB in the Valley and it is not even close. He'll win FR of the year in the FCS and should be a serious contender for the Payton.
5. WIU had anywhere from 4-7 starters on defense in the game when the Bison had the 3rd string in.
6. WIU scored 2 TDs on the 2nds and 3rds. Backups still need to step up and make plays. Valuable reps for the backups.
7. NDSU still needs to tackle better.
8. Bussey is an animal. 1st 2 touches of his college career and he scores.
9. Offense did a great job. Almost 700 yards.
10. On to USD to run the ball all over their porous defense.

Javon Williams Jr. is doing a good job - if he were at NDSU he'd be the freshman of the year easily.

JayJ79
November 10th, 2019, 08:31 AM
Odd that it seemed like last week, people were talking about UNI getting the #8 seed even with a loss in Brookings (with the presumption that SDSU beat IlSU). But now that the Redbirds beat the Bunnies, that knocks out UNI if they don't win next week, even though they have the win against ISU?

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Odd that it seemed like last week, people were talking about UNI getting the #8 seed even with a loss in Brookings (with the presumption that SDSU beat IlSU). But now that the Redbirds beat the Bunnies, that knocks out UNI if they don't win next week, even though they have the win against ISU?
I think UNI has got a better shot to hang onto a seed next week with a loss than SDSU would. It would be a mess though if SDSU beat UNI which puts those next 3 MVFC teams after NDSU in a spot where they're all 1-1 vs each other... the committee would have some tough seeding decisions to make in that scenario assuming they all win the rest of their games outside of that one.

Redbird 4th & short
November 10th, 2019, 09:55 AM
As of today, NDSU, SDSU, and UNI all clearly have better overall resumes than ISUr. If UNI loses a close game at SDSU, I don't think that changes things much ... at least it shouldn't. UNI will still have slightly better resume .. we would have better record by 1 game, but they would have much tougher SOS and overall resume than us, and they beat us at our place.

BUt if committee is looking to take easy way out and will never allow 4 seeds from same conference, it might be a toss up in their eyes. If SDSU loses close one to UNI .. then that firms up UNI, and puts us in dead heat with SDSU ... which again, I still say they have a better overall resume than us.

I can see them trying to spread some love and give benefit of doubt to Furman, though SoCon is having their weakest year in a long time ... Furman has been pretty tough, other than their loss to Citadel .. though their Massey SOS is just 46th.

The other teams flirting with top 10 after this week with UCA and UNH losing big, are probably ISUr, Furman, and Montana St. I dont think Villanova has done quite enough, and both UNH and UCA will probably drop 4 or 5 slots. So the top 10 should have the 4 Big Sky, possibly 4 MVFC, possibly 2 CAA, 1 SoCon .. that's 11 and Furman has shored up top 10 at this point, so odd man out is either Villanova or my ISUr. My guess is Villanova will fall off .. they are 7-3 like us, but didnt play an FBS, and has lost 3 of 4 .. so technically, we're 7-2 against FCS and clearly tougher overall SOS with possibly 3 other top 10 teams, all of whom weve played, plus an FBS. Villanova has only played 1 top 10, and no FBS.

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2019, 09:59 AM
As of today, NDSU, SDSU, and UNI all clearly have better overall resumes than ISUr. If UNI loses a close game at SDSU, I don't think that changes things much ... at least it shouldn't. UNI will still have slightly better resume .. we would have better record by 1 game, but they would have much tougher SOS and overall resume than us, and they beat us at our place.

BUt if committee is looking to take easy way out and will never allow 4 seeds from same conference, it might be a toss up in their eyes. If SDSU loses close one to UNI .. then that firms up UNI, and puts us in dead heat with SDSU ... which again, I still say they have a better overall resume than us.

I can see them trying to spread some love and give benefit of doubt to Furman, though SoCon is having their weakest year in a long time ... Furman has been pretty tough, other than their loss to Citadel .. though their Massey SOS is just 46th.

The other teams flirting with top 10 after this week with UCA and UNH losing big, are probably ISUr, Furman, and Montana St. I dont think Villanova has done quite enough, and both UNH and UCA will probably drop 4 or 5 slots. So the top 10 should have the 4 Big Sky, possibly 4 MVFC, possibly 2 CAA, 1 SoCon .. that's 11 and Furman has shored up top 10 at this point, so odd man out is either Villanova or my ISUr. My guess is Villanova will fall off .. they are 7-3 like us, but didnt play an FBS, and has lost 3 of 4 .. so technically, we're 7-2 against FCS and slightly tougher overall SOS with possibly 3 other top 10 teams, all of whom weve played, plus an FBS.
I wouldn't agree that SDSU has a superior resume to ISUr. Quality losses can only carry you so far and given that they have the same overall and conference record those quality losses can't overcome a head-to-head loss. On top of that ISUr's win over SDSU is far better than SDSU's best win.

skinny_uncle
November 10th, 2019, 10:45 AM
Javon Williams Jr. is doing a good job - if he were at NDSU he'd be the freshman of the year easily.

15 TDs plus he has passed for a couple more. Best wildcat guy I have seen.

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2019, 10:51 AM
15 TDs plus he has passed for a couple more. Best wildcat guy I have seen.
Blows my mind he's just a freshman. He's listed at 6'1" 239. He must've been a complete monster at the high school level.

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2019, 11:17 AM
Blows my mind he's just a freshman. He's listed at 6'1" 239. He must've been a complete monster at the high school level.

Imagine him, Bussey, and Kobe Johnson for 4 years. xhypedx

POD Knows
November 10th, 2019, 11:53 AM
15 TDs plus he has passed for a couple more. Best wildcat guy I have seen.I doubt that he would be Freshman of the Year, too much depth at NDSU, he wouldn't get enough reps here, nobody puts up monster offensive numbers at NDSU but if he wants to transfer here we will be more than happy to take him, the guy can freaking ball.

Lorne_Malvo
November 10th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Imagine him, Bussey, and Kobe Johnson for 4 years. xhypedx

Is Bussey the smallest player in the FCS?
5' 5" 150 listed so probably 5' 4" 140 in real life.

ST_Lawson
November 10th, 2019, 12:17 PM

Currently, maybe. We had a pretty decent RB a few years ago so was about the same (JC Baker). A little more weight on him, but he was 5'5" tops. Pretty much exactly my size but a lot more muscle.

skinny_uncle
November 10th, 2019, 12:20 PM

His senior year in high school,he played QB. He ran for 30 TDs.andf passed for 22 more.

Lorne_Malvo
November 10th, 2019, 12:23 PM
Currently, maybe. We had a pretty decent RB a few years ago so was about the same (JC Baker). A little more weight on him, but he was 5'5" tops. Pretty much exactly my size but a lot more muscle.

They have him at 5' 8" 180, but that kid has a hell of a story. Tough childhood for sure.
Any idea what he is doing these days?

skinny_uncle
November 10th, 2019, 12:23 PM
The Salukis have a 5-5 running back named Eliot but he goes 188. Kind of built like a fireplug.

ST_Lawson
November 10th, 2019, 12:44 PM
They have him at 5' 8" 180, but that kid has a hell of a story. Tough childhood for sure.

I don't really know what he's up to. Haven't heard much since he graduated.
Yeah, they have him listed at 5'8" but I stood a couple of feet away from him when he was a senior and he's pretty much exactly my size.

JayJ79
November 10th, 2019, 12:47 PM
struggling to reach things on the top shelf.
(kidding kidding.)

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2019, 01:11 PM

All I know is he is short and fast.

Redbird 4th & short
November 10th, 2019, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't agree that SDSU has a superior resume to ISUr. Quality losses can only carry you so far and given that they have the same overall and conference record those quality losses can't overcome a head-to-head loss. On top of that ISUr's win over SDSU is far better than SDSU's best win.
If I were on committee, I would see their losses as way better than our losses (except to us), and most of their wins same or better than our wins .. with only exception in our favor being our win over SDSU. Which is why I think their overall resume is better than ours, if they lose a close one to UNI. But I suppose if we're 9-3 and SDSU is 8-4, the committee would have hard time putting them ahead of us, even if their overal resume is still better. I just assume their FBS loss and NDSU loss just looks so strong in eyes of committee.

Only thing working in our favor, is we are slowly climbing out of our funk. We still have big issues in pass game, but if you saw our first 3 games, you would know what I mean .. Davis is showing some ability to make plays. The UNI game was a lot like the SDSU game .. it was largely decided by TOs near the losing teams defensive red zone ... crazy similar in timing and field position.

caribbeanhen
November 10th, 2019, 04:15 PM
All I know is he is short and fast.

not something the ladies are fond of for sure

Daytripper
November 11th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Serious question. Do you think Minnesota's new-found success under P.J. Fleck will have a negative impact on NDSU recruiting in that state? I know it is a fertile recruiting ground for the Bison.

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Serious question. Do you think Minnesota's new-found success under P.J. Fleck will have a negative impact on NDSU recruiting in that state? I know it is a fertile recruiting ground for the Bison.
Doubt it. Minnesota beats NDSU head-to-head for those recruits now anyway. Maybe it leads to more guys taking PWO opportunities from Minnesota over scholarship offers from NDSU but Fleck has never been a guy who's gone heavy on PWO offers to local guys (Jerry Kill was though). I'd say it's just as likely that Fleck parleys this success into going after bigger fish when recruiting and that obviously won't be guys that NDSU has any realistic chance at.

Daytripper
November 11th, 2019, 11:18 AM
Doubt it. Minnesota beats NDSU head-to-head for those recruits now anyway. Maybe it leads to more guys taking PWO opportunities from Minnesota over scholarship offers from NDSU but Fleck has never been a guy who's gone heavy on PWO offers to local guys (Jerry Kill was though). I'd say it's just as likely that Fleck parleys this success into going after bigger fish when recruiting and that obviously won't be guys that NDSU has any realistic chance at.

Really? It thought NDSU got a fair share of 3-star recruits out of Minnesota.

POD Knows
November 11th, 2019, 11:28 AM
Really? It thought NDSU got a fair share of 3-star recruits out of Minnesota.Been reading Bisonville again??? :D

Daytripper
November 11th, 2019, 11:30 AM
Been reading Bisonville again??? :D

The very last thing I would ever want to do would be to go to a place where I am exposed to more Bison fans.xlolxxlolx

POD Knows
November 11th, 2019, 11:32 AM
The very last thing I would ever want to do would be to go to a place where I am exposed to more Bison fans.xlolxxlolxA lot of the guys that think Bisonville is over the top are on this site so you are getting the kinder and gentler group. xnodx

Professor Chaos
November 11th, 2019, 11:32 AM
I don't know about star ratings but I think most of their guys are 0 star or 2 star guys depending on the service ranking them. They really only give star ratings based on who offers so if Minnesota offers they become 3 star guys and if not they're 2 star or 0 star. But regardless of star ratings if NDSU is going head-to-head with Minnesota for a MN scholarship recruit (or for any recruit for that matter) they're almost certainly going to lose and that's always been the case no matter how bad Minnesota has been over the last 10-15 years.

Bisonator
November 11th, 2019, 11:36 AM
No. We hardly ever go after the same players. As PC mentioned we might lose a few guys to PWO from MN but it's more likely they start going after bigger fish so to speak.

TheKingpin28
November 11th, 2019, 12:14 PM
The very last thing I would ever want to do would be to go to a place where I am exposed to more Bison fans.xlolxxlolxDont go to Bisonville. Ask others to make that trek for you, just properly reward them for doing that.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Trumpster
November 11th, 2019, 01:13 PM
I don't know about star ratings but I think most of their guys are 0 star or 2 star guys depending on the service ranking them. They really only give star ratings based on who offers so if Minnesota offers they become 3 star guys and if not they're 2 star or 0 star. But regardless of star ratings if NDSU is going head-to-head with Minnesota for a MN scholarship recruit (or for any recruit for that matter) they're almost certainly going to lose and that's always been the case no matter how bad Minnesota has been over the last 10-15 years.

This. If I recall correctly Fleck offered our TE Gindorff right before signing day, but that was his first class at MN and it was very last minute. I don't expect NDSU to win much until we're talking PWOs vs scholarships.

ST_Lawson
November 11th, 2019, 01:26 PM

Outside of a few borderline instances, I think MN recruits and NDSU recruits are not the same "category". Seems like NDSU will frequently beat out G5 teams though.

If a kid in HS in MN or ND is really good, they'll get Big 10 and Big 12 offers, and they'll go there.

If they're a step down from that, they'll be getting offers from MAC schools, some Mountain West schools, and NDSU. In that case, I think NDSU wins their fair share...not all...probably not even the majority...but a decent number compared to what the other MVFC teams are pulling from G5 schools. For example, WIU's "top-level" offered kids often also have offers from Northern Illinois. We're not winning that recruiting battle...ever. NDSU however...they could get a few kids at that level.

The next step down, kids are getting offers from most of the MVFC teams and maybe places like MT and MT State. In those instances, I think NDSU wins the majority of kids they are really going after. Most of the rest of the MVFC can't really compete with NDSU in terms of facilities, historic success, etc.

Western...well...last year we lost a couple of kids to good DII schools. So that's a thing.
https://i.imgur.com/IFkxUue.png

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2019, 06:18 PM
Outside of a few borderline instances, I think MN recruits and NDSU recruits are not the same "category". Seems like NDSU will frequently beat out G5 teams though.

If a kid in HS in MN or ND is really good, they'll get Big 10 and Big 12 offers, and they'll go there.

If they're a step down from that, they'll be getting offers from MAC schools, some Mountain West schools, and NDSU. In that case, I think NDSU wins their fair share...not all...probably not even the majority...but a decent number compared to what the other MVFC teams are pulling from G5 schools. For example, WIU's "top-level" offered kids often also have offers from Northern Illinois. We're not winning that recruiting battle...ever. NDSU however...they could get a few kids at that level.

The next step down, kids are getting offers from most of the MVFC teams and maybe places like MT and MT State. In those instances, I think NDSU wins the majority of kids they are really going after. Most of the rest of the MVFC can't really compete with NDSU in terms of facilities, historic success, etc.

Western...well...last year we lost a couple of kids to good DII schools. So that's a thing.
https://i.imgur.com/IFkxUue.png

we lose some to JuCos

ST_Lawson
November 11th, 2019, 06:54 PM
we lose some to JuCos

That's a little different though. We also lose some to JUCOs, but it's kids who are pretty good but either think they could make a Big 10 school with a year or two at a JUCO with good football, their grades aren't quite good enough yet, or they've had some legal trouble. For the most part, those are kids who are good enough athletes for G5 or even P5 offers, but can't quite cut it in some other aspect yet...academically, personally, whatever.

It could always be worse though, you could have a kid commit to you, become conference Freshman of the Year, then transfer to a JUCO for a year, jump to Wisconsin for his final two years, and get drafted by the Dolphins...hypothetically.

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2019, 08:20 PM
That's a little different though. We also lose some to JUCOs, but it's kids who are pretty good but either think they could make a Big 10 school with a year or two at a JUCO with good football, their grades aren't quite good enough yet, or they've had some legal trouble. For the most part, those are kids who are good enough athletes for G5 or even P5 offers, but can't quite cut it in some other aspect yet...academically, personally, whatever.

It could always be worse though, you could have a kid commit to you, become conference Freshman of the Year, then transfer to a JUCO for a year, jump to Wisconsin for his final two years, and get drafted by the Dolphins...hypothetically.

i was just trying to 1 up you. We get a lot of players who pick us over not playing football

ST_Lawson
November 12th, 2019, 09:16 AM
i was just trying to 1 up you. We get a lot of players who pick us over not playing football

"We suck"
"No, we suck worse"
"We suck worser"
"We suck the worsest"
xslapfightx

ysubigred
November 12th, 2019, 09:45 AM
"We suck"
"No, we suck worse"
"We suck worser"
"We suck the worsest"
xslapfightx

LOL!! YSU is by far the worst at the suck game! #NO****!

CappinHard
November 14th, 2019, 03:02 PM
In this week's pod, Thumper and I discuss MVFC playoff teams and the possibility of 4 MVFC teams being seeded (starts at like 17:30 if you don't want to listen to Jacks/ISUr and pick recap stuff). He doubted it at first, but I think I talked him into it being a real possibility.

https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrtd/episodes/Ben-Is-Hearing-Footsteps-e907g6

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2019, 04:53 PM
Over/under on the Bison running for 300 against USD.

I'll take the over.

Stats wise, the yotes are better against the run this year but is that because teams are passing all over their defense and do not need to run or are they just better at it?? xeyebrowx

Rushing yards for the Bison the last 3 games against the Coyotes:

2018 - 384
2017 - 340
2016 - 369

The Coyotes haven't had a prayer the last 3 years trying to stop the run. Can they do it this year? Stack the box? Run blitz on obvious running downs?

The Bison passing game has been humming along so if the box is stacked, TL will pick them apart. Plus his running threat must keep DCs up at night in the Valley....xlolx

IMO, the Coyote defense is going to get bludgeoned on Saturday. The Coyote offense has been playing pretty well as of late so the Bison defense needs to be assignment sharp.

Get up on them early and keep the foot on the pedal.

Bison roll.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2019, 04:24 AM
Game Day for the Bison

Time to win the Valley with a win today. Put the pedal down and keep it there.

Senior Day. 14 seniors will have their last regular season home game and will get a great send off from the crowd.

OL will curb stomp the USD defense today. Running and passing game will be on full display.

USD gives up 433 yards/game compared to NDSU's 277. Scoring defense: USD - 32/game NDSU - 12/game

Bison roll to 11-0!!

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Over/under on the Bison running for 300 against USD.

I'll take the over.

Stats wise, the yotes are better against the run this year but is that because teams are passing all over their defense and do not need to run or are they just better at it?? xeyebrowx

Rushing yards for the Bison the last 3 games against the Coyotes:

2018 - 384
2017 - 340
2016 - 369

The Coyotes haven't had a prayer the last 3 years trying to stop the run. Can they do it this year? Stack the box? Run blitz on obvious running downs?

The Bison passing game has been humming along so if the box is stacked, TL will pick them apart. Plus his running threat must keep DCs up at night in the Valley....xlolx

IMO, the Coyote defense is going to get bludgeoned on Saturday. The Coyote offense has been playing pretty well as of late so the Bison defense needs to be assignment sharp.

Get up on them early and keep the foot on the pedal.

Bison roll.
No Jabril Cox today and none of our existing LB's have the speed or skill set to spy on Simmons. Running QB's always give NDSU trouble. Going to be a high scoring game, USD 34, NDSU 28 #BOOKIT

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2019, 09:00 AM
No Jabril Cox today and none of our existing LB's have the speed or skill set to spy on Simmons. Running QB's always give NDSU trouble. Going to be a high scoring game, USD 34, NDSU 28 #BOOKIT

what happened to Jabril Cox?

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 09:12 AM
what happened to Jabril Cox?Some type of leg injury in the WIU game. We lost a couple guys in that slaughter. I don't think it is real serious but they have been pretty tight lipped about it.

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Some type of leg injury in the WIU game. We lost a couple guys in that slaughter. I don't think it is real serious but they have been pretty tight lipped about it.

I see and Yea... tight lipped on injuries is accurate..... but sometimes The
Washington Generals aka Paid entertainment fought back to...

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 09:32 AM
I see and Yea... tight lipped on injuries is accurate..... but sometimes The
Washington Generals aka Paid entertainment fought back to...USD will throw a lot of quick slants, we don't seem to be able to stop those, and a lot of QB runs. This Bison D has holes and weaknesses.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 09:44 AM
Hey, shout out to a decent eatery in Vermillion. I ended up staying there overnight last Tuesday on my way to Nebraska on business (yea, my life is glamorous as hell xnodx) and ate at a place called the Dakota Brickhouse in downtown Vermillion. Pretty good food actually and I have never actually stayed overnight in that town or seen it in the daylight. Yea, Brookings is a paradise compared to Vermillion. Sorry 'Yotes, it is what it is but the Dakota Brickhouse gets a thumbs up from POD Knows. Had the pork street tacos with the habanero sauce. The sauce was a mix of fruit and habanero and it was awesome, sweet and very hot. Good beer selection as well.

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2019, 09:50 AM
USD will throw a lot of quick slants, we don't seem to be able to stop those, and a lot of QB runs. This Bison D has holes and weaknesses.

We won't know that until half time of the Oregon game, nobody in FCS has a prayer

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 09:58 AM
We won't know that until half time of the Oregon game, nobody in FCS has a prayerDisagree. NDSU is a very good team offensively, not so much on the D side of the ball, although it is kind of tough to tell as the stat padding by the other teams has happened on the Bison D two and three deep. I still think the NDSU is probably the best defensive team in the country but they can be beat on that side of the ball.

Sycamore62
November 16th, 2019, 10:04 AM
A lot of great NDSU teams have lost A game

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Snorty is back!

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 01:51 PM
USD wearing surrender whites. NDSU 10 USD 0 before the game starts

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 02:46 PM
****ing hell yes! Snorty! *man tears*

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 03:06 PM
NDSU has nobody in the front 7 to answer for Simmons running the ball. He should run it all the time.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 03:25 PM
NDSU has nobody in the front 7 to answer for Simmons running the ball. He should run it all the time.

This is why Jabril Cox is so invaluable to NDSU

dewey
November 16th, 2019, 03:35 PM
28-0 Bison thumping the Coyotes in the 2nd quarter.

Boy that USD secondary is BAD.

Dewey

ST_Lawson
November 16th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Boy that USD secondary is BAD.
Dewey

I mean, I think we knew that when we beat them. Us...Western Illinois...the team that can't move the ball against SIU.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Hey KVLY, stop cutting to commercials while the game is on and stop showing replays against a team that runs a hurry-up offense.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 03:42 PM
USD just scored. They have some tools on offense. Maybe they should play on both sides of the ball.

ST_Lawson
November 16th, 2019, 03:47 PM
TOP is essentially 1 quarter for us, 2 for SIU (after 3).

dewey
November 16th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Hey KVLY, stop cutting to commercials while the game is on and stop showing replays against a team that runs a hurry-up offense.

Yeah no kidding. Stupid seed commercials during the freaking game via split screen. RIDICULOUS!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 03:51 PM
Yeah no kidding. Stupid seed commercials during the freaking game via split screen. RIDICULOUS!

Dewey

I'm all for making profit, but commercials are for when the program is NOT on and/or live.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Bison D getting shredded. Game was a blow out and might end up a two score game at the half.

dewey
November 16th, 2019, 03:54 PM
IMHO this was a bad call on the catch against the Coyotes. Looked like a catch to me.

Dewey

dewey
November 16th, 2019, 03:55 PM
I'm all for making profit, but commercials are for when the program is NOT on and/or live.

I 100% agree.

Dewey

Drblankstare
November 16th, 2019, 03:55 PM
Someone needs to explain to me in detail how that wasn’t a catch for USD. I’m currently baffled

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 03:58 PM
IMHO this was a bad call on the catch against the Coyotes. Looked like a catch to me.

Dewey

Someone needs to explain to me in detail how that wasn’t a catch for USD. I’m currently baffled

Clearly a catch but maybe they interpreted it as he didn't "maintain possession" all of the way through the catch, even though I'd consider that maintaining possession.

dewey

I agree. The ball was never moving. The reciever moved the ball to reach the ball out farther.

Dewey

Herdistheword
Apparently they thought he lost control. I can see how one might have perceived a minute bobble, but I’m not sure how you can overturn that. It is hard to say he didn’t have control. It looked like he was reaching for more yards, not using the ground to control the ball. USD has every right to be pissed.

dewey
November 16th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Really good 1st half offensively for NDSU in the 1st half. 422 total yards of offense.

The defense is doing ok but not great.

28-7 Bison lead over USD at halftime.

Dewey

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 04:06 PM
Really good offensive performance in the first half by the Bison. D looked like garbage in the second quarter. Got a break on that USD pass or this thing might be 28 14.

dewey
November 16th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Touchdown Bison!

35-7 Bison 1213 to go 3rd quarter.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Clearly a catch but maybe they interpreted it as he didn't "maintain possession" all of the way through the catch, even though I'd consider that maintaining possession.
Yotes got "Dez Bryanted" on that call. He tried to turn around and extend the ball before making a "football move". I didn't agree with the call but at the same time the USD receiver had no reason to try to extend the ball. He already had a first down.

RabidRabbit
November 16th, 2019, 04:30 PM
SDSU stripping and picking UNI with 4 TOs to 0. 31-7 Jacks up with 9 min left

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cx500d
November 16th, 2019, 04:32 PM
SDSU stripping and picking UNI with 4 TOs to 0. 31-7 Jacks up with 9 min left

Typical Farley being Farley in a big game

skinny_uncle
November 16th, 2019, 04:34 PM
Salukis rolled over WIU 45-21 for their fifth straight win.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Yotes got "Dez Bryanted" on that call. He tried to turn around and extend the ball before making a "football move". I didn't agree with the call but at the same time the USD receiver had no reason to try to extend the ball. He already had a first down.

That's the only thing I could thing of as well, which is why I thought that that was how they interpreted it.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 04:38 PM
Are they honestly going to call illegal block in the back? That's bull****. Not on the call, but for Volson to need to do that.

dewey
November 16th, 2019, 04:40 PM
Are they honestly going to call illegal block in the back? That's bull****. Not on the call, but for Volson to need to do that.

He certainly didn't need to but it is awesome that our RT is that far downfield on the run.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 04:43 PM
He certainly didn't need to but it is awesome that our RT is that far downfield on the run.

Dewey

I am glad they are hustling down the field but why wouldn't he just keep running and wait for him to turn around. It didn't matter but I want Lance to pad those stats for the Payton. xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't call that targeting.

RabidRabbit
November 16th, 2019, 04:54 PM
Final in Brookings, SDSU 38, UNI 7.

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 04:56 PM

And with that....NDSU wins the Valley outright today I believe.

dewey
November 16th, 2019, 04:57 PM
621 yards of total offense for NDSU through 3 quarters.

42-7 Bison. End of 3rd quarter.

Dewey

dewey
November 16th, 2019, 04:58 PM
And with that....NDSU wins the Valley outright today I believe.

Yes. UNI and SDSU now have 2 conference losses and NDSU will have 0 with 1 game to go.

Dewey

dewey
November 16th, 2019, 04:58 PM

Big win for SDSU today.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 04:59 PM
Nice to see Zeb Noland get the passing TD.

49-7 NDSU

14:56 left in the 4th Q

JacksFan40
November 16th, 2019, 05:06 PM
Feels good to win convincingly against a very good team. This greatly helps SDSU in postseason hopes. Now just don’t choke against USD next week and this season is still very much alive.

ST_Lawson
November 16th, 2019, 05:10 PM
Salukis rolled over WIU 45-21 for their fifth straight win.

Was close at the half (SIU was up 10-7), but time of possession caught up with the defense and they just couldn't stop much of anything in the second half. Too many quick 3-and-outs when we had the ball and the SIU offense tore us a apart in the second half.

SIU had the ball for 40:58 of the game, WIU had it for 19:02. Getting into a rhythm on offense is something we've struggled with all season, but it's gotten worse as the season progressed.
29:43 - North Alabama
29:32 - Colorado State
30:54 - Montana State
30:57 - Tennessee Tech
26:37 - Missouri State
24:19 - Indiana State
28:44 - Illinois State
23:38 - Youngstown State
22:22 - South Dakota (our only win)
21:10 - North Dakota State
19:02 - Southern Illinois

At this rate, our offense is just going to bring some lawn chairs and sit on the sideline the whole game against UNI.

semobison
November 16th, 2019, 05:16 PM
Looks like the Jacks frosh backup QB played well. 15-16 196 2 (tel:15-16 196 2) TD's. RB Strong went out fairly early with an injury. Hope he is Ok.
Meanwhile The Redbirds are down to their 3rd QB. They have not been a good passing team all year and today attempted 2 passes in the 2nd half against the Bears, both fell incomplete!

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 05:23 PM
What a ****ing joke on that USD TD. Haha

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 05:35 PM
**** that ****. Run the play and score again. xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 05:35 PM
NDSU with 700yds of offense, (about 1/3 of the game came from the backups).

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 06:46 PM
What a ****ing joke on that USD TD. HahaYep, Bison D ranking goes into the toilet for a second blowout weekend in a row.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 06:47 PM
MVFC playoff outlook time! Everyone that was alive coming into the day stayed that way so there's still 5 teams left with a shot at making the playoffs. 4 seems to be almost a lock although it's not guaranteed. Here's how I see it ordered by the teams that have the easiest road to the playoffs (or are already in) to the teams that have the toughest road.

I made an addition this year of adding Massey's win % for each of the remaining games for team's in contention. Those numbers don't take into account today's games yet.

Locks

North Dakota St (11-0, 7-0)
Quality wins: UND, @ISUr, UNI, @SDSU
Remaining games: @SIU(96%)
The Bison are looking every bit like the championship teams of years past. They've put up an impressive resume of quality wins and they've locked up the outright conference title and likely a top 2 seed even if they drop their finale. In that game they'll be facing a Saluki team hungry to seize their own playoff fate rather than leave it up to the committee so it'll be an interesting game next week in Carbondale.

Illinois St (8-3, 5-2)
Quality wins: @SIU, @SDSU
Remaining games: @YSU(69%)
It wasn't pretty for the Redbirds today but they avoided the letdown locking themselves into the playoff field in the process and are sitting pretty for a seed and a first round bye. They face a YSU team in a tailspin in their finale and if they win that one they'll almost certainly be seeded. If they do somehow lose that one they'll still be a playoff team but they'll have to play the Saturday of Thanksgiving weeked. I see them as anywhere from the #5 to the #7 seed with a win.

South Dakota St (8-3, 5-2)
Quality wins: SIU, UNI
Remaining games: @USD(80%)
The Jacks got back on track in a big way today locking themselves into the field with a monster home win vs UNI. They should definitely be seeded if they can win their finale against in-state rival USD but it'll be interesting to see if they're the 2nd seed out of the MVFC (which I think they should be) or if they'll be seeded behind Illinois St due to their head-to-head loss. I also see them as anywhere from the #5 to the #7 seed with a win. A loss in Vermillion next week would relegate them to a Thanksgiving weekend playoff game and a likely second round game in Fargo if they win that one.

Should be in

Northern Iowa (7-4, 5-2)
Quality wins: @ISUr
Remaining games: WIU(98%)
I think the Panthers are pretty much locked in but a home loss to 1-10 WIU would look awful the day before Selection Sunday so I can't say they're a lock but they might as well be since they're not going to lose that game. The more interesting question is should they be seeded? With Furman's loss tody they don't have a lot of competition for that #8 seed. They'll be up against teams the likes of Monmouth, CCSU, Central Arkansas, and Wofford (possibly Villanova and Montana St as well) and I think they have a good argument over all of those. However, politics may come into play since they'd likely be the fourth seed out of the MVFC which has never happened before with one conference so that's something the committee may (unfairly IMO) use against them.

Work left to do

Southern Illinois (7-4, 5-2)
Quality wins: @UMass, UT-Martin
Remaining games: NDSU(5%)
The Salukis just keep winning and are firmly on the playoff bubble. They have a huge opportunity next week with undefeated #1 NDSU coming to town and they'll certainly be locked in with a win there but if they lose that one would 7-5 be good enough? I don't think it's a sure thing but I like their chances with an FBS win and if UT Martin can pick up another win to get to 8-4 themselves and make SIU's win over them look even better. This team wouldn't have any bad losses at 7-5 either which will work in their favor but they'll definitely be at the mercy of the selection committee if they can't upset NDSU next Saturday.

Eliminated

South Dakota (4-7, 3-4) - The Coyotes are still treading water in the post-Streveler era, they could ruin their in-state rivals seed hopes next week which is all they have left to play for.
Indiana St (4-7, 2-5) - The bounces just haven't gone the Sycamores way this year but they've got a good chance to finish the year on a high note with hapless Missouri St as their finale.
Youngstown St (5-6, 1-6) - What a disastrous finish to the season for YSU. With Illinois St coming to town in their finale it seems likely they'll finish 2019 with only one conference win.... yuck!
Missouri St (1-9, 1-6) - The Bears are better than their 1-9 record indicates. They have a defense that can do some good things but they just don't have enough players on offense to be competitive in the MVFC.
Western Illinois (1-10, 1-6) - 2019 has simply been a season to forget for the Leathernecks. It seems likely that 1 will be their season total so 2020 can't get here soon enough for them.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 16th, 2019, 06:50 PM
NDSU was so impressive today! Their offense is scary right now!

With that said program apathy is definitely setting in. The number of empty seats is alarming. Just talking with people it's clear the social aspect far outweighs the game experience at this point.

Bisonoline
November 16th, 2019, 06:52 PM

With that said program apathy is definitely setting in. The number of empty seats is alarming. Just talking with people it's clear the social aspect far outweighs the game experience at this point.

Did you find the tailgate?

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 06:56 PM

With that said program apathy is definitely setting in. The number of empty seats is alarming. Just talking with people it's clear the social aspect far outweighs the game experience at this point.Yea, we should start losing and shaving points so these **********s will come back to the game. Other than the blow out and the crappy crowd, how was the week for you? I have never understood how winning creates apathy, it literally makes no sense to me. I get when people bale out when you are losing but it was Senior Day today and if there was 12,000 there I will eat my hat. I think this crowd would have been bigger but we have a crisis situation with the farming up here and deer hunting is a big deal in this part of the country, I knew several people that blew this game off for that. Hopefully the playoffs brings people in but if we get feed a San Diego or somebody that has been here before, we might have a light turnout for the first playoff game as well.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 16th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Did you find the tailgate?

I found a bunch of tailgates! Not sure i stumbled into yours or not! Had a great time!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2019, 07:43 PM
First off great playoff write up PC.....xthumbsupx

As for the game:

Great job by the Bison in all 3 phases. The Bison OL just steamrolled the USD defense. Statistically, the USD defense is piss poor and they proved it today. This game could have been 80-7 or worse. The only thing that slowed down the Bison offense was self inflicted penalties.

I expected more from the USD offense. Question though. Doesn't USD have a 2nd string QB? Simmons was in there the whole game along with the starting OL......going against the Bison 3rd string defense. Was Nielsen hoping to pad Simmons' stats for all-conference? The freaking defense had 5-6 starters in all the way to the end also. What no depth? xcoffeex USD is not even close to NDSU in football.

Trey Lance is one of the best players in the FCS...period. He should be in serious consideration for the Payton. This offense is scary good. So many weapons.

Holy cow is Christian Watson turning into a beast. He hurdled a defender and looked like he had a 40" vertical!!

Shout out to #75 Dillon Radunz. He totally destroyed any Coyote that went against him. The whole OL was awesome.

Outright Valley title for 9 conference titles in a row (outright and shared). 32 wins in a row.....xeekx.....xbowx

This Bison team is better than last year. xnodx

On to SIU next week. Let's see how they stack up!

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2019, 07:53 PM
Yea, we should start losing and shaving points so these **********s will come back to the game. Other than the blow out and the crappy crowd, how was the week for you? I have never understood how winning creates apathy, it literally makes no sense to me. I get when people bale out when you are losing but it was Senior Day today and if there was 12,000 there I will eat my hat. I think this crowd would have been bigger but we have a crisis situation with the farming up here and deer hunting is a big deal in this part of the country, I knew several people that blew this game off for that. Hopefully the playoffs brings people in but if we get feed a San Diego or somebody that has been here before, we might have a light turnout for the first playoff game as well.

Fargo faithful tired of the bloodshed ....

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 08:00 PM
Fargo faithful tired of the bloodshed ....
Partially. Part of it is like POD mentioned many farmers are trying to salvage a harvest and many are out hunting. Part of it is NDSU is starting to price people out I think. Cheapest face value for tickets today was $41 and if season ticket holders are re-selling and trying to recoup their mandatory "donation" tied to each ticket they're going to be looking at several hundred dollars per ticket in a lot of cases. Any ticket you buy online also has a ~$5 "convenience charge" on it so two tickets bought directly from the school are roughly $100 at least.

They did have one game this year where face value was $30-$40 per ticket and I think that's just so they can only charge that much in the playoffs when the NCAA takes the majority of the gate. I wouldn't be surprised to see a significant decrease in season ticket demand next year if prices continue to rise. The athletic department has pretty much squeezed all the juice out of that orange that they can get.

Bisonoline
November 16th, 2019, 08:03 PM
Partially. Part of it is like POD mentioned many farmers are trying to salvage a harvest and many are out hunting. Part of it is NDSU is starting to price people out I think. Cheapest face value for tickets today was $41 and if season ticket holders are re-selling and trying to recoup their mandatory "donation" tied to each ticket they're going to be looking at several hundred dollars per ticket in a lot of cases. Any ticket you buy online also has a ~$5 "convenience charge" on it so two tickets bought directly from the school are roughly $100 at least.

They did have one game this year where face value was $30-$40 per ticket and I think that's just so they can only charge that much in the playoffs when the NCAA takes the majority of the gate. I wouldn't be surprised to see a significant decrease in season ticket demand next year if prices continue to rise. The athletic department has pretty much squeezed all the juice out of that orange that they can get.

There shouldnt be if the supposed waiting list is as big as some say it is.

dewey
November 16th, 2019, 08:07 PM

Unfortunately this is exactly right. It isn't what is has been from 2011 to 2016 (2017?).

Dewey

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 08:08 PM
I haven't talked to anyone at the ticket office to confirm but I have a suspicion that the waiting list isn't nearly as big as it was 2 years ago when it was reported to be 1000+ deep (in requests not tickets). These last couple years it's been a lot easier for me to shift season tickets around to consolidate my group (now down to only 3 separate locations for our group of 12 tickets).

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Hunting season and late harvest was a huge factor in the attendance today.

IMO, they are not pricing themselves out of potential fans. Fans are getting spoiled and maybe some apathy is setting in.

1st playoff game will be interesting. I bet it will be full or almost full.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, I thought they might take away another student section to help with season ticket demand.

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 08:19 PM
Hunting season and late harvest was a huge factor in the attendance today.

IMO, they are not pricing themselves out of potential fans. Fans are getting spoiled and maybe some apathy is setting in.

1st playoff game will be interesting. I bet it will be full or almost full.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus, I thought they might take away another student section to help with season ticket demand.

Ticket demand is WAY down.....you could still buy face value tickets on NDSUs website this morning and they were going on the secondary market for as low as $8. The days of selling over face value have been over for a couple years now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2019, 08:20 PM
Ticket demand is WAY down.....you could still buy face value tickets on NDSUs website this morning and they were going on the secondary market for as low as $8. The days of selling over face value have been over for a couple years now.

Are those tickets the ones returned from USD?

Single game tickets sold out in August. Empty seats are from people not showing up....not from lack of ticket sales.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 08:31 PM
I sold 4 tickets to the UND game for 300%+ face value... just saying.

I do agree though that ticket demand is as low as it's been since 2010 though.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 16th, 2019, 08:57 PM
I snagged a ticket on stubhub for less than $20 a couple of weeks ago. The announced attendance might have been 17k but the eye test said about 2/3 full?

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 09:00 PM
I snagged a ticket on stubhub for less than $20 a couple of weeks ago. The announced attendance might have been 17k but the eye test said about 2/3 full?
Could've been. Playoff attendance figures will be telling. No fudging the numbers on those ones since the number of dollars they send to the NCAA goes up the higher the reported attendance.

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Are those tickets the ones returned from USD?

Single game tickets sold out in August. Empty seats are from people not showing up....not from lack of ticket sales.

Nope....you could buy tickets in section 6...which is where I"m at.

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2019, 09:17 PM
Let's face it, North Dakota State has become like the Harlem Globetrotters and the rest of FCS is the Washington Generals..... the show got old years ago

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 16th, 2019, 09:27 PM
Nope....you could buy tickets in section 6...which is where I"m at.

Then why on the radio would they say single game tickets sold in August?

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 09:32 PM
Then why on the radio would they say single game tickets sold in August?
I think they hold some tickets back in sections 5 and 6 for players, coaches, and university staff and, if they go unclaimed, they'll sell them to the general public a lot like student seats.

It is weird though how there will be some random seats available in sections that weren't even available in August that show up in the available seats on the seat map the day before the game.

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 09:40 PM
I think they hold some tickets back in sections 5 and 6 for players, coaches, and university staff and, if they go unclaimed, they'll sell them to the general public a lot like student seats.

It is weird though how there will be some random seats available in sections that weren't even available in August that show up in the available seats on the seat map the day before the game.

When season tickets don't sell out...which I think is coming soon...that'll be the day I log back into Bisonville to make sure everyone over there was able to get seats now. :D

Bisonoline
November 16th, 2019, 09:47 PM

Dont forget recruits and their families. They always have extra tickets in their pocket for the unexpected.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 16th, 2019, 10:11 PM
I think Bison fans were hoping that someone would truly rise up and challenge them. They really don't have a true competitive rival. It's a revolving door of UND, UNI and SDSU. But the reality is while all 3 are darn good football programs none of them can seriously threaten/scare the faithful into a frenzy.

The playoffs will be interesting.I still think they roll until the finals. JMU is the only program that has the chops to really go at them.

I'm likely going to be back out here in early/mid Janurary (i'll pack my golf clubs). If I do i'm going to schedule my trip to make sure i can attend a UND hockey game. I'm intetested to see which has more energy at this point.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 10:12 PM
I think Bison fans were hoping that someone would truly rise up and challenge them. They really don't have a true competitive rival. It's a revolving door of UND, UNI and SDSU. But the reality is while all 3 are darn good football programs none of them can seriously threaten/scare the faithful into a frenzy.

The playoffs will be interesting.I still think they roll until the finals. JMU is the only program that has the chops to really go at them.

I'm likely going to be back out here in early/mid Janurary (i'll pack my golf clubs). If I do i'm going to schedule my trip to attens a UND hockey
I'm intetested to see which has more energy at this point.
One of these is not like the others.

When season tickets don't sell out...which I think is coming soon...that'll be the day I log back into Bisonville to make sure everyone over there was able to get seats now. :D
That may also be the day that they *gasp* start selling beer in the Fargodome during Bison football games.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 10:14 PM
Fargo faithful tired of the bloodshed ....**** 'em

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 10:17 PM
**** 'em

I like beat downs....its like watching a spring game every few weeks. Get to see the full depth chart.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 10:17 PM
I sold 4 tickets to the UND game for 300%+ face value... just saying.

I do agree though that ticket demand is as low as it's been since 2010 though.You a scalper, you sold tickets at 300% of face value to a Bison fan, a UND fan, your stock just went way down with me pal.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 10:18 PM
I like beat downs....its like watching a spring game every few weeks. Get to see the full depth chart.Yep, I like watching the future Bison stars. Maybe I need to get a life so I can leave at halftime and find some value in that action. xlolx

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 10:19 PM
I snagged a ticket on stubhub for less than $20 a couple of weeks ago. The announced attendance might have been 17k but the eye test said about 2/3 full?Yep, 12,000 maybe.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 10:21 PM
You a scalper, you sold tickets at 300% of face value to a Bison fan, a UND fan, your stock just went way down with me pal.
I did.... as a group we had 4 extras so I sold them on Stubhub…. don't know if it was to a Bison or UND fan. Used the profit for our Target Field suite booze fund. xdrunkyx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 16th, 2019, 10:23 PM
One of these is not like the others.

Is that a shot at UND? I respect it if it is given you're a NDSU guy. But, UND has a D2 national title in the last 20 years. Overall it's a program with an all time winning % over .600. Their transition has been a bit bumpy but far from bad. They got a pretty good thing going in Grand Forks, relatively speaking.

I'm a big fan of this area. Both are really nice schools that are by no means isolated. It's easy to get here. GF and Fargo are really nice cities in their own way. I can see why a recruit would be intrigued. Gotta deal with the cold though.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 10:27 PM
I did.... as a group we had 4 extras so I sold them on Stubhub…. don't know if it was to a Bison or UND fan. Used the profit for our Target Field suite booze fund. xdrunkyxCongrats, we are from different tribes I guess.

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 10:28 PM
Congrats, we are from different tribes I guess.

Yeah....we've definitely had chances to scalp tickets over the years but we never did it. Not entirely sure why we didn't though. xlolx

Professor Chaos
Is that a shot at UND? I respect it if it is given you're a NDSU guy. But, UND has a D2 national title in the last 20 years. Overall it's a program with an all time winning % over .600. Their transition has been a bit bumpy but far from bad. They got a pretty good thing going in Grand Forks, relatively speaking.

I'm a big fan of this area. Both are really nice schools that are by no means isolated. It's easy to get here. GF and Fargo are really nice cities in their own way. I can see why a recruit would be intrigued. Gotta deal with the cold though.
In terms of threatening the Bison as a program UND is nowhere near SDSU and UNI right now. In fact the gap between SDSU and UNI is pretty large I'd say. The gap between UNI and UND is monstrous. We'll find out next year but I don't expect UND to even be top half of the MVFC.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
I did.... as a group we had 4 extras so I sold them on Stubhub…. don't know if it was to a Bison or UND fan. Used the profit for our Target Field suite booze fund. xdrunkyx

If you had and Gopher ticket stock i hope you sold early! Some sad gopher fans downtown after the game.

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 10:30 PM
In terms of threatening the Bison as a program UND is nowhere near SDSU and UNI right now. In fact the gap between SDSU and UNI is pretty large I'd say. The gap between UNI and UND is monstrous. We'll find out next year but I don't expect UND to even be top half of the MVFC.

This. And I don't have the seasons in front of me, but I think UND had some eras of success in the leather helmet days and a stint in the mid/late 90s and early 2000s.....the D1 days are not on the same planet.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 10:32 PM
Yeah....we've definitely had chances to scalp tickets over the years but we never did it. Not entirely sure why we didn't though. xlolxMoral character.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 16th, 2019, 10:35 PM

I think that the fact UND can rile up Bison fans even if they're not a seriously threat is a good thing. That passion is good! I agree that right now UND is a fringe "top 25" program based on relevant history. They need to do something in the playoffs. Part of me wished i went their shootout against UNC. I've yet to attend a game at the Alerus Center.

SDSU and UNI are closer for sure. But even so they're really not close. NDSU i believe locked up their 9th straight co or outright MVFC title today. It's total domination.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 10:41 PM
I think that the fact UND can rile up Bison fans even if they're not a seriously threat is a good thing. That passion is good! I agree that right now UND is a fringe "top 25" program based on relevant history. They need to do something in the playoffs. Part of me wished i went their shootout against UNC. I've yet to attend a game at the Alerus Center.

SDSU and UNI are closer for sure. But even so they're really not close. NDSU i believe locked up their 9th straight co or outright MVFC title today. It's total domination.SDSU is real close to NDSU, most of the games with them are a battle, nobody else is close. UND is a top 15 team but they suck, they win ugly and lose ugly and will continue to lose real ugly against NDSU for quite a while. ****, they barely beat a complete bottom feeder today but they will be a playoff team and probably get fed to NDSU and lose by 30.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 10:47 PM
Yep, I like watching the future Bison stars. Maybe I need to get a life so I can leave at halftime and find some value in that action. xlolx

Whose going to stand in the corner tho?

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 10:50 PM

SDSU and UNI are closer for sure. But even so they're really not close. NDSU i believe locked up their 9th straight co or outright MVFC title today. It's total domination.

As long as Bubba stays up north, GFCC will be doomed to a .500 team, which is unfortunate since an 0-11/0-12 season is ideal for them. :D

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 10:51 PM
Whose going to stand in the corner tho?Dude, we were a ticket short today and BF02 had to buy one and the seat was at the top of section 6 Row KK. Literally the best seat in the house, you could bring hookers and blow up there and nobody would know what the hell was going on, none of these rent a cops at the dome would dare venture up there. We could start a whole new game culture up there.

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 10:52 PM
Dude, we were a ticket short today and BF02 had to buy one and the seat was at the top of section 6 Row KK. Literally the best seat in the house, you could bring hookers and blow up there and nobody would know what the hell was going on, none of these rent a cops at the dome would dare venture up there. We could start a whole new game culture up there.

#soldoutfargodome xlolx

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 10:54 PM
#soldoutfargodome xlolxThere was a hundred empty seats up there, me and POD Knows 4 could have brought in an extendable stripper pole and had dancers and a sniffers row up there and nobody would have known what was going on.

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 10:57 PM
There was a hundred empty seats up there, me and POD Knows 4 could have brought in an extendable stripper pole and had dancers and a sniffers row up there and nobody would have known what was going on.

We should section off those 5 rows back there with a velvet rope and have a players club.....cigar bar with a close by exhaust to the outside...cocktail bar....the works. :D

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 11:00 PM
Dude, we were a ticket short today and BF02 had to buy one and the seat was at the top of section 6 Row KK. Literally the best seat in the house, you could bring hookers and blow up there and nobody would know what the hell was going on, none of these rent a cops at the dome would dare venture up there. We could start a whole new game culture up there.

#TalesFromSection6

So is that you're new hideout for when the government comes looking for you, you can hide up there and they'll be like, "ah **** it, guy's already halfway to Cozumel by now"

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 11:00 PM
We should section off those 5 rows back there with a velvet rope and have a players club.....cigar bar with a close by exhaust to the outside...cocktail bar....the works. :DI am serious, this would work, get rid of the top 4 or 5 rows, make it a standing room deal, private club type of deal, people would be all over it, the seats and views are good up there. Sky boxes baby, nobody sits in those seats, they haven't cleaned up there for a couples years now.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 16th, 2019, 11:01 PM
If you can organize this by the semifinals i might have to bump my return trip up a few weeks! I'm good on the tony montana but headache free women and playoff football sounds like one helluva combo. The upper rows of the Fargo Dome needs some juice. Ala the legendary 700 level at the Vet in Philly.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 11:03 PM
We should section off those 5 rows back there with a velvet rope and have a players club.....cigar bar with a close by exhaust to the outside...cocktail bar....the works. :D

https://media1.tenor.com/images/27c126cc364c3bb33ed4da077f18c8b1/tenor.gif

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 11:06 PM
#TalesFromSection6

So is that you're new hideout for when the government comes looking for you, you can hide up there and they'll be like, "ah **** it, guy's already halfway to Cozumel by now"If they could get rid of about 7 or 8 rows at the top of the SE corner of the building, get me a couple windows, electricity, plumbing, maybe an elevator, I would buy that area. It would be about 25 by 60, it would be a nice apartment. Yea baby, that would be living.

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 11:07 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/27c126cc364c3bb33ed4da077f18c8b1/tenor.gifYou could have had lap dances in row KK today and nobody would have been the wiser.

BisonFan02
November 16th, 2019, 11:09 PM
If you can organize this by the semifinals i might have to bump my return trip up a few weeks! I'm good on the tony montana but headache free women and playoff football sounds like one helluva combo. The upper rows of the Fargo Dome needs some juice. Ala the legendary 700 level at the Vet in Philly.

We could absolutely name it the "700 level".....and with our loudmouth group, it would fit. xlolx

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 11:19 PM
Yeah....we've definitely had chances to scalp tickets over the years but we never did it. Not entirely sure why we didn't though. xlolxWe should have an AGS poll question: What is more moral, lending $1000 to a guy and charging him 2 points a week and he pays you $1080 at the end of the month or buying a ticket for $50 and selling it for $200 to a fellow fan. I wonder what the results would be, one of those actions is illegal.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 11:21 PM
We should have an AGS poll question: What is more moral, lending $1000 to a guy and charging him 2 points a week and he pays you $1080 at the end of the month or buying a ticket for $50 and selling it for $200 to a fellow fan. I wonder what the results would be, one of those actions is illegal.
How's the view on that high horse?

POD Knows
November 16th, 2019, 11:22 PM
How's the view on that high horse?Better than yours in the gutter. I have the moral high ground here and you know it, quit while you are behind.

Professor Chaos
November 16th, 2019, 11:29 PM
Better than yours in the gutter.
Whatever man, sorry I brought it up. It obviously touched a nerve with you but believe me when I say I don't give two ****s if you don't like that I sold tickets 4 of our 72 tickets over cost. Good night.

Bisonoline
November 16th, 2019, 11:41 PM
We should have an AGS poll question: What is more moral, lending $1000 to a guy and charging him 2 points a week and he pays you $1080 at the end of the month or buying a ticket for $50 and selling it for $200 to a fellow fan. I wonder what the results would be, one of those actions is illegal.

A ticket is only worth what some one will pay for it. The market dictates the price. There is nothing fair or unfair about it. Its a business transaction.

Nobody is forcing anyone to pay 200.00 for a ticket. That is a choice.

TheKingpin28
November 16th, 2019, 11:44 PM
If they could get rid of about 7 or 8 rows at the top of the SE corner of the building, get me a couple windows, electricity, plumbing, maybe an elevator, I would buy that area. It would be about 25 by 60, it would be a nice apartment. Yea baby, that would be living.

POD's Place.

Motto: "Where **** happens, and questions remain."

BisonFan02
November 17th, 2019, 01:20 AM
Whatever man, sorry I brought it up. It obviously touched a nerve with you but believe me when I say I don't give two ****s if you don't like that I sold tickets 4 of our 72 tickets over cost. Good night.

Oh boo ****ing hoo PC..... xlolx congrats on being godfathered in for those 72 tickets. They cap the accounts now at 8 I think (that may have changed). Us low lifes with 9 better check ourselves. :D

There's a story to this for us....

We've personally usually only sold our tickets at face value to people we know (even some on this forum)....this has been a gentlemen's agreement among the group. We had a previous member of our group unknowingly scalp a pair playoff tickets once to someone on craigslist for a hefty sum.....and the pair ended up being complete ****heads and embarrassed themselves in our area.

When confronted about it....said dude decided to be a dink about it....and said dude no longer gets the privilege of having tickets with us anymore. xlolx

We just want to know who has our seats....and we don't mark up to friends. End of story. To each their own. We even didn't markup our tickets to Thumper.....can you ****ing imagine? xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 05:54 AM
A ticket is only worth what some one will pay for it. The market dictates the price. There is nothing fair or unfair about it. Its a business transaction.

This here.

If someone can make some coin on a ticket then go for it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 06:11 AM

This makes sense, I forgot about players, family, recruiting tickets.

But the narrative out there saying there is going to be some massive season ticket exodus in the near future is bunk IMO. When they are debating taking away another student section for season ticket holders is very telling to me.

As for "pricing people out"....I doubt it. My tickets will go up next to catch up with my grandfathered price from years ago and I will gladly pay it. If someone doesn't like the prices, don't get tickets. There will be someone waiting to get them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 06:43 AM
The Bison are not an option team but are right at the top of the FCS in rushing.

Thru 11 games they have 508 rushes for 3363 yards: 6.62 yards/carry xthumbsupx

The 3 teams in front of them in the FCS are option teams and are 1 dimensional.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2019, 06:56 AM
Oh boo ****ing hoo PC..... xlolx congrats on being godfathered in for those 72 tickets. They cap the accounts now at 8 I think (that may have changed). Us low lifes with 9 better check ourselves. :D

We've personally usually only sold our tickets at face value to people we know (even some on this forum)....this has been a gentlemen's agreement among the group. We had a previous member of our group unknowingly scalp a pair playoff tickets once to someone on craigslist for a hefty sum.....and the pair ended up being complete ****heads and embarrassed themselves in our area.

When confronted about it....said dude decided to be a dink about it....and said dude no longer gets the privilege of having tickets with us anymore. xlolx

We just want to know who has our seats....and we don't mark up to friends. End of story. To each their own. We even didn't markup our tickets to Thumper.....can you ****ing imagine? xlolx
Outside of those UND tickets I've never sold Bison tickets for above cost. I've never asked for above face from people I know or my friends know and for any other tickets I sold to strangers either. I've even given some away to strangers rather than have them go unused (6 of our 12 tickets are paid for by people from Bismarck who can only make about half the games).

I wasn't grandfathered into ****. Started at 2 season tickets in 2008, went up to 8 in 2012, and added 4 more to get to 12 in 2018 (they cap at 12). Those 4 added in 2018 are in the north (aka boring) endzone on the opposite side of the field from our 8 in the south endzone so those are the ones I'll sell/give away.

You guys keep preaching though... maybe someday I can be as good of a fan as you and POD.

SUPharmacist
November 17th, 2019, 07:04 AM
Do we think Illinois State, South Dakota State and Northern Iowa can finish strong heading into the playoffs, or is someone going to **** the bed.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2019, 07:04 AM
This makes sense, I forgot about players, family, recruiting tickets.

But the narrative out there saying there is going to be some massive season ticket exodus in the near future is bunk IMO. When they are debating taking away another student section for season ticket holders is very telling to me.

As for "pricing people out"....I doubt it. My tickets will go up next to catch up with my grandfathered price from years ago and I will gladly pay it. If someone doesn't like the prices, don't get tickets. There will be someone waiting to get them.
I don't think it will be a huge dropoff but I think season ticket demand has been slowly dwindling over the last few years and I don't know if demand is there for another sideline section on season tickets. I remember hearing they went pretty far down the priority list to sell those expensive sideline seats in the first student section they converted to season tickets before last season. I think if they converted an endzone student section with the corresponding lower ticket prices they'd still sell it out easily.

Hopefully you're right though... it's pretty sad if being ridiculously successful drives people away.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 07:10 AM
Do we think Illinois State, South Dakota State and Northern Iowa can finish strong heading into the playoffs, or is someone going to **** the bed.

Ill State should beat a YSU team that has given up on Bo.

SDSU might have a close game in the 1st half with USD but they will win next week.

UNI is at home against WIU and should win that one.

Ill State: 9-3
SDSU: 9-3
UNI: 8-4

All will be in the playoffs.

Does Ill State get a better seed than SDSU with the head/head win? IMO, yes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 07:16 AM
I don't think it will be a huge dropoff but I think season ticket demand has been slowly dwindling over the last few years and I don't know if demand is there for another sideline section on season tickets. I remember hearing they went pretty far down the priority list to sell those expensive sideline seats in the first student section they converted to season tickets before last season. I think if they converted an endzone student section with the corresponding lower ticket prices they'd still sell it out easily.

Hopefully you're right though... it's pretty sad if being ridiculously successful drives people away.

1st bold: I think this is a good idea. Lower the price and get them sold.

2nd bold: This is sad. A run like this has never happened and people should really enjoy it in person while it is here. It will not last forever....or will it? :)

But I can see where people might not get tickets if they keep going up. I will pay it but others will not. I pay a lot for my 4 season tickets in 3rd row on the 25-30 yard line and will pay whatever the price is but that is me. At some point the price gets too high for everyone.....different threshold for everyone.

I, for one, love this dynasty we are in. It will/should last for a few more years and potentially more.

dewey
November 17th, 2019, 08:27 AM

I 100% agree. I have sold tickets for well over cost and have sold tickets at cost.

The ticket is worth whatever the buyer deems it is worth.

Dewey

POD Knows
November 17th, 2019, 08:56 AM

Nobody is forcing anyone to pay 200.00 for a ticket. That is a choice.So is loan sharking, why is one OK and the other isn't. I know that scalping tickets happens all the time and both parties came to an agreement to conduct the transaction. I just don't see the difference between charging 100% interest on money that somebody wants and a 300% markup on a commodity like a ticket. What is the difference? I am only breaking PC's balls to make a point which nobody has been able to address.

POD Knows
November 17th, 2019, 08:58 AM
Whatever man, sorry I brought it up. It obviously touched a nerve with you but believe me when I say I don't give two ****s if you don't like that I sold tickets 4 of our 72 tickets over cost. Good night.Dude, just trying to make a bigger point that nobody seems to want to address. You seem like a good dude and I am not questioning your integrity, it might seem like that is what I am doing but it isn't. Kind of sorry I brought it up.

POD Knows
November 17th, 2019, 09:00 AM
POD's Place.

Motto: "Where **** happens, and questions remain."I like it, will I have to pay you royalties for this or will free cover charge for a couple years be good enough.

POD Knows
November 17th, 2019, 09:05 AM

We just want to know who has our seats....and we don't mark up to friends. End of story. To each their own. We even didn't markup our tickets to Thumper.....can you ****ing imagine? xlolxThumper is a good dude, I almost felt guilty charging him for the seats because he had to sit there with us and watch NDSU destroy SDSU. We also had the deal where somehow, some way, two tickets got "brokered" and sold to two SDSU guys in that game that we lost the SDSU in Fargo. They were good guys but you can bet your ass that somebody that we thought was a Bison fan and bought our tickets at face value, made off like a bandit in that game. Also, if I had to guess I would say that PC probably has more character in his little finger than the guy you referenced in your post and that guy is a friend of mine. :D

POD Knows
November 17th, 2019, 09:08 AM
I 100% agree. I have sold tickets for well over cost and have sold tickets at cost.

The ticket is worth whatever the buyer deems it is worth.

DeweySo is US currency, should we legalize loan sharking, and if not, why not. I am looking at a new career after I retire and I always wanted to be a loan shark but society frowns on it and I am wondering what the difference is between that and ticket scalping which seems to be accepted and endorsed by society.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 09:14 AM
So is US currency, should we legalize loan sharking, and if not, why not. I am looking at a new career after I retire and I always wanted to be a loan shark but society frowns on it and I am wondering what the difference is between that and ticket scalping which seems to be accepted and endorsed by society.

Sure, legalize loan sharking. Capitalism at its best.

Someone wants to pay a huge interest rate when they need coin then so be it.

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2019, 09:16 AM
I like it, will I have to pay you royalties for this or will free cover charge for a couple years be good enough.

You and junior never charged me more than face value so keep the booze flowing (at a discounted rate of course) and free admission and we'll call it good.

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2019, 09:17 AM

Someone wants to pay a huge interest rate when they need coin then so be it.

But then the banks wouldn't get their cut... xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2019, 09:22 AM
So is loan sharking, why is one OK and the other isn't. I know that scalping tickets happens all the time and both parties came to an agreement to conduct the transaction. I just don't see the difference between charging 100% interest on money that somebody wants and a 300% markup on a commodity like a ticket. What is the difference? I am only breaking PC's balls to make a point which nobody has been able to address.
Your comparison is completely off base because you're equating something that has a set value (money) with something that doesn't (tickets). If I buy $100 in stock from some startup that is acquired by Apple tomorrow should I feel bad for selling that stock at a 1000% profit? There's countless more applicable examples than what you came up with. Another one: a car dealership gives me $5K trade-in value for my car and then sell it a week later to someone else for $8K. Should that be illegal?

If you think the face value of tickets means that's what they're worth you're starting with a fundamentally flawed perception of the market.

POD Knows
November 17th, 2019, 09:27 AM

Someone wants to pay a huge interest rate when they need coin then so be it.Ok, at least somebody is addressing the issue but didn't this entire board at one time jump down somebodies throat from working at a Payday loan place? Wasn't getting the sense that there was a lot of love for this type of capitalism and I will bet you that some of those people that were morally outraged at that choice of profession had also scalped tickets at big time mark ups. I like discussions on ethics, it always get people going but it probably belongs on another thread in another area of the site so I am going to exit this conversation but thanks for finally addressing my initial point. I happen to support the free market but would probably not participate in either loan sharking or ticket scalping in order to make a buck but other people are free to do what they want, except for loan sharking which is illegal.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 09:28 AM
But then the banks wouldn't get their cut... xthumbsupx

Heck, I've loaned people money that could not get a loan from a bank because of varies reasons. I wrote up a contract and charged more than the bank would have because of the risk. Should I feel bad? Heck no! If I can make some money, then I will!!

xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Ok, at least somebody is addressing the issue but didn't this entire board at one time jump down somebodies throat from working at a Payday loan place? Wasn't getting the sense that there was a lot of love for this type of capitalism and I will bet you that some of those people that were morally outraged at that choice of profession had also scalped tickets at big time mark ups. I like discussions on ethics, it always get people going but it probably belongs on another thread in another area of the site so I am going to exit this conversation but thanks for finally addressing my initial point. I happen to support the free market but would probably not participate in either loan sharking or ticket scalping in order to make a buck but other people are free to do what they want, except for loan sharking which is illegal.

Definite thread drift for sure...:D

I'm out on this one too!

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2019, 09:32 AM
Heck, I've loaned people money that could not get a loan from a bank because of varies reasons. I wrote up a contract and charged more than the bank would have because of the risk. Should I feel bad? Heck no! If I can make some money, then I will!!

xthumbsupx

Everyone should be able to do what they want with their property. I'd never disagree with that.

POD Knows
November 17th, 2019, 09:35 AM
Your comparison is completely off base because you're equating something that has a set value (money) with something that doesn't (tickets). If I buy $100 in stock from some startup that is acquired by Apple tomorrow should I feel bad for selling that stock at a 1000% profit? There's countless more applicable examples than what you came up with. Another one: a car dealership gives me $5K trade-in value for my car and then sell it a week later to someone else for $8K. Should that be illegal?

If you think the face value of tickets means that's what they're worth you're starting with a fundamentally flawed perception of the market.Money doesn't have a set value, it's value changes all the time. Money is traded regularly and its value changes. I have no problem with people making a profit on an asset or service but I think your reasoning with respect to "markup" on money is not sound. What is the difference between somebody wanting currency to acquire something and agreeing to paying a yield that is higher than the market rates and somebody agreeing to buy a ticket at a yuge market up over the cost of the ticket. I don't see the difference.

BTW, don't take anything I said personally, I was using you to make a bigger point. Also, I am trying to position my high yield loan company for future growth in my retirement. My plan is to operate it out of my suite in the SE corner of the Fargo dome. A man has to have dreams.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Back to football

NDSU and SDSU are the top Valley teams.

Ill State is decent but I don't think they are behind NDSU in the Valley, I think SDSU is. Now what will the committee do in ranking Ill State/SDSU if they both win next week? Good question. Will head/head trump better resume?

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Money doesn't have a set value, it's value changes all the time. Money is traded regularly and its value changes. I have no problem with people making a profit on an asset or service but I think your reasoning with respect to "markup" on money is not sound. What is the difference between somebody wanting currency to acquire something and agreeing to paying a yield that is higher than the market rates and somebody agreeing to buy a ticket at a yuge market up over the cost of the ticket. I don't see the difference.

BTW, don't take anything I said personally, I was using you to make a bigger point. Also, I am trying to position my high yield loan company for future growth in my retirement. My plan is to operate it out of my suite in the SE corner of the Fargo dome. A man has to have dreams.

And this where the motto kicks in. Now you just need a houseboat.

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Money doesn't have a set value, it's value changes all the time. Money is traded regularly and its value changes. I have no problem with people making a profit on an asset or service but I think your reasoning with respect to "markup" on money is not sound. What is the difference between somebody wanting currency to acquire something and agreeing to paying a yield that is higher than the market rates and somebody agreeing to buy a ticket at a yuge market up over the cost of the ticket. I don't see the difference.

somebody once said you never give me your money, you only give me these worthless tickets.... and in the middle of a negotiation it all breaks down...:D

cx500d
November 17th, 2019, 11:41 AM
. Also, I am trying to position my high yield loan company for future growth in my retirement. My plan is to operate it out of my suite in the SE corner of the Fargo dome. A man has to have dreams.

this is more doable than you think. I have started doing private loans via one of my apartment investing group friends. These are short term loans to fund construction (new or rehab), usually a year or less term. Standard now is 10%, with 3 points paid up front. Private lenders are first lien holders. When term is up and loan paid off, roll it into a new project.

POD Knows
November 17th, 2019, 11:46 AM
this is more doable than you think. I have started doing private loans via one of my apartment investing group friends. These are short term loans to fund construction (new or rehab), usually a year or less term. Standard now is 10%, with 3 points paid up front. Private lenders are first lien holders. When term is up and loan paid off, roll it into a new project.Yea, I need a higher yield for that kind of risk maybe. What security do you have on these types of loans?

cx500d
November 17th, 2019, 11:55 AM
Yea, I need a higher yield for that kind of risk maybe. What security do you have on these types of loans?
foreclosure

ST_Lawson
November 17th, 2019, 01:14 PM

SDSU might have a close game in the 1st half with USD but they will win next week.

I agree with this. I don't see it likely that the favored teams will lose in those three. ILSU@YSU and SDSU@USD could be relatively close for a while. YSU has been really bad lately, but they've occasionally "shown up". If they show up against the Redbirds, they might keep it close.
With SDSU and ILSU both 9-3 (6-2 MVFC) and with ILSU holding the head-to-head win (and with it being in Brookings), I think they'll be given the nod with the better seed.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 17th, 2019, 07:12 PM
Watching a replay of the NDSU/USD on Midco Sports and you catch a lot of things you miss live at the game. NDSU's OL just mauled the USD defense. Bison could have rolled up 80 points in this game.

I love the Midco Sports team and esp Kelly Stewart at the halftime break catching Coach Nielsen and asking him about how USD took control of the last 5 minutes before half....xlolx....ya, they were right there going toe to toe....xlolx

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2019, 07:39 PM
how come Bussey didn't play yesterday? protect the Redshirt?

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2019, 07:48 PM
The plan was to redshirt him all along since he's basically the 6th string RB. Might not see him again this year although they could possibly use him in a kick return role in the playoffs maybe since they've got 3 more games to use without losing his redshirt.

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2019, 07:49 PM
Watching a replay of the NDSU/USD on Midco Sports and you catch a lot of things you miss live at the game. NDSU's OL just mauled the USD defense. Bison could have rolled up 80 points in this game.

I love the Midco Sports team and esp Kelly Stewart at the halftime break catching Coach Nielsen and asking him about how USD took control of the last 5 minutes before half....xlolx....ya, they were right there going toe to toe....xlolx

I lost track of what was being discussed once I saw this. xholyx

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2019, 07:56 PM
The plan was to redshirt him all along since he's basically the 6th string RB. Might not see him again this year although they could possibly use him in a kick return role in the playoffs maybe since they've got 3 more games to use without losing his redshirt.

sixth string... I just figured after his debut they would let him try an encore.... usually little six strings are recruited at the 5 and dime.... Bryan Adams

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2019, 08:05 PM
sixth string... I just figured after his debut they would let him try an encore.... usually little six strings are recruited at the 5 and dime.... Bryan Adams

As PC said, playoffs for this kid. He is a homerun hitter and someone you tuck behind a FB and TE and by the time people wonder where he went, he is already standing in the endzone smiling. This kid has that thing, all of those Georgia Southern fans said they had that NDSU didn't, #SouthernSpeed

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2019, 08:11 PM
As PC said, playoffs for this kid. He is a homerun hitter and someone you tuck behind a FB and TE and by the time people wonder where he went, he is already standing in the endzone smiling. This kid has that thing, all of those Georgia Southern fans said they had that NDSU didn't, #SouthernSpeed

yea, like the Bison really need a secret weapon they can break out for the playoffs..... Seriously, You guys are becoming the Harlem Globetrotters

cx500d
November 17th, 2019, 08:12 PM
yea, like the Bison really need a secret weapon they can break out for the playoffs..... Seriously, You guys are becoming the Harlem Globetrotters
Wait until they break out the #7 and #8 RB's in the playoffs.

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2019, 08:14 PM
Wait until they break out the #7 and #8 RB's in the playoffs.

let me guess, MedowLark and Curly....

Bisonator
November 17th, 2019, 08:29 PM
He broke a finger in practice. Probably won't play the rest of the season.

TheKingpin28
November 17th, 2019, 08:32 PM

His speed is unreal. The guy makes me look tall, which is tough to do, but his 100m speed is 10.67. That's beyond fast.

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2019, 08:36 PM
His speed is unreal. The guy makes me look tall, which is tough to do, but his 100m speed is 10.67. That's beyond fast.

I saw his 2 runs, Yes he is a burner....

Not sure what to make of Bisonator.... but I don't believe anything he says....

Thumper 76
November 18th, 2019, 01:31 AM
It’s true. On the plus side you got the pleasure of seeing my pure misery that entire ****ing game xlolx

I think there’s no way you can really justify SDSU over ISUr unless you put big weight into the close losses, which I think is lame as hell at best. Realistically I think SDSU is better than ISUr. That game was on the same track as the UNI game until the absolute abortion that happened with turnovers. However I’m sure UNI fans could argue the same thing with the SDSU game and ISUr with their UNI game. Just from what I’ve watched I feel SDSU has the best offense to go with their defense, and I feel the defenses are fairly equal. But, all that being said, I don’t see how you can look at resumes and put SDSU above ISUr. I think UNI automatically falls to the bottom of that cluster just due to the extra loss, even if it’s not really fair since they played an actual OOC schedule instead of a FBS and some scrimmages (though when the SUU game was scheduled they were pretty solid).

Now for the ****ty part for SDSU, Strong went down with what looked like a knee injury, and with CJ already our from the Misery St game we’re down to Daniel, Mulholland (4th stringer) and Blakely (true freshman). He’s supposed to be week to week and CJ *should* be back for the playoffs, but I’m not quite as confident in our run game without those two. So we’re essentially on our 5th string qb and our 3rd and 4th string rbs. Not necessarily optimal. That said, Eck figured out how to best use Heide in the last game after we got shut down by ISUr. Use him like Chad Pennington and he’s a good qb. Tons of short passes and bubble screens were why his completion percentage was astronomical, then he popped a couple long ones with one being a trick play out of the wildcat formation. IMO we can do some great things, but we need our outstanding run game to make that happen. We’re playing the old school ndsu style of grind it out in the first half and blow it open against a worn down defense in the second half.

We *should* win at USeD but we’ve had some close games down there the last couple times and even if we win I seriously am worried about losing a player or two to cheap shots. The yote players have proven they’re more than happy to take an unsportsmanlike penalty.

Thumper is a good dude, I almost felt guilty charging him for the seats because he had to sit there with us and watch NDSU destroy SDSU.

Hey I want everyone to remember that POD said something nice about a SDSU fan xlolx I think getting to witness the hope drain from my eyes as the game went on counts towards the ticket price, so it was almost like scalping them xcoffeex

Sycamore62
November 18th, 2019, 09:16 AM
whats the SDSU QB situation?

I have them in front of ISUr because Ive seen them a couple times and im just not sold on them.

CappinHard
November 18th, 2019, 09:26 AM
whats the SDSU QB situation?

I have them in front of ISUr because Ive seen them a couple times and im just not sold on them.

Heide is the guy. Gibbs won't be back this year. Heide has shown rapid growth and seems to get better with every play. Bigger issue for us might be Pierre Strong going down. Sounds like he has an MRI today.

clenz
November 18th, 2019, 11:11 AM
UNI is toast

4 of the top 5 RB are out including the leading rusher (who is out with ankle surgery). Main ball carrier this last weekend was a freshman that has never played an offensive snap before 2 late game snaps last week

3 of the top 4 WR are out...including the leading WR in the conference...down to true freshman and a kid that was a safety 3 weeks ago to formation

Both starting TEs out...have a LB, LT and a kid that played QB in HS that wasn't supposed to play this year out there

Offense isn't great but it's just ****ed with that out there

Will looked like a freshman for the first time largely due to not having any ****ing rapport with the guys on the field. Of the 8 skill guys that played this weekend 2 were getting reps with the #1 offense in week 1

There was a series of plays where the formation consisted of

Freshman QB
Freshman never played before RB
Freshman WR
Soph WR that played SS until week 5
WR that has flipped between RB, WR and TE his full career
LB playing TE

That's....rough

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2019, 11:15 AM
UNI is toast

That's....rough

Yes it is

Kennesaw State
9-2

Northern Iowa
7-4

CappinHard
November 18th, 2019, 11:20 AM
UNI is toast

4 of the top 5 RB are out including the leading rusher (who is out with ankle surgery). Main ball carrier this last weekend was a freshman that has never played an offensive snap before 2 late game snaps last week

3 of the top 4 WR are out...including the leading WR in the conference...down to true freshman and a kid that was a safety 3 weeks ago to formation

Both starting TEs out...have a LB, LT and a kid that played QB in HS that wasn't supposed to play this year out there

Will looked like a freshman for the first time largely due to not having any ****ing rapport with the guys on the field. Of the 8 skill guys that played this weekend 2 were getting reps with the #1 offense in week 1

Freshman QB
Freshman WR
LB playing TE

That's....rough

Man... I thought SDSU's losses have been tough to deal with. This is next level. I was extremely impressed with McElvain's ability to keep a play alive, but wasn't that impressed with his arm. Admittedly I haven't watched much UNI football... was that an off game for him, or does he have a ways to go as a passer?

clenz
November 18th, 2019, 11:30 AM
Man... I thought SDSU's losses have been tough to deal with. This is next level. I was extremely impressed with McElvain's ability to keep a play alive, but wasn't that impressed with his arm. Admittedly I haven't watched much UNI football... was that an off game for him, or does he have a ways to go as a passer?
He still has development to happen in the passing game sure, but Saturday was just another level. It was the first time he's looked like a freshman all year. His completion percentage is low largely due to (until very recently) he was quick to throw the ball away. As elusive as he is, and as many plays as he *could* make with his feet he really doesn't want too. He will roll out and press the LOS but won't commit to running until it's look late for it to gain anything. He wants to throw. It wasn't until the last week or two that he actually would run, he'd just throw the ball away. Which I guess is better than forcing it and getting picked. Prior to Saturday he had 18 TD and 3 INT so it's not like he's just throwing the ball all over and getting lucky.

To be partially fair, 2 of the picks he threw were tip drills off a WR's hands.

I mean, look at the skill guys we had out there and anyone would look less than ideal in that spot. There aren't enough reps in a week to get anything together with that to get a rhythm.

I'll add that freshman WR is a true freshman that is also on the basketball team and was dressed for the basketball game on Thursday night. That LT playing TE was the starting LT early in the season.

Thankfully looking towards next season
4 OL are back...though they need to get more physical
Of the 9 WR's that have taken snaps this year 7 are back - including the 2 main targets before injuries)
Both TEs will be back (were both true seniors) and one is Briley Moore - the All American
Of the 5 RBs that have taken snaps this year 4 are back.

Between the way UNI schedules, the way the Valley has forced UNI's conference schedule, and injuries I think the team has hit a wall.

REALBird
November 18th, 2019, 11:50 AM
UNI is toast

Freshman QB
Freshman WR
LB playing TE

That's....rough

and here I thought ISUr was snake bitten with our WR Corp and now the QB situation. I will kindly quit my B*tching.

Sycamore62
November 18th, 2019, 12:06 PM
we have been running wildcat with 2 different guys for 3 weeks

*mic drop*

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2019, 06:28 PM
Speaking of MVFC injuries more tough news:

https://twitter.com/Pg_Reinhardt/status/1196583527292297216

Chalupa Batman
November 18th, 2019, 09:21 PM

I wonder how much impact, if any, that will have on their potential seed. Assuming they still beat YSU this week.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 18th, 2019, 09:27 PM

Wow! That is catastrophic! Illinois State has to be looked at differently. And I've been pro-Redbird relative to most all season....

Sycamore62
November 18th, 2019, 10:43 PM
*uncomfortably picks mic back up*

Professor Chaos
November 18th, 2019, 11:00 PM
Wow! That is catastrophic! Illinois State has to be looked at differently. And I've been pro-Redbird relative to most all season....
I wouldn't quite say catastrophic. All year Illinois St's offense has ran through RB James Robinson and they've relied pretty heavily on the stout defense to win them their games. The QB Davis has not been good this year. Maybe that means his backup is even worse or maybe a new signal caller will give their offense a jolt. In any case it's not ideal to be happening this close to the playoffs but they're better equipped than most teams to deal with the loss of a starting QB.

CappinHard
November 19th, 2019, 01:46 AM
I wouldn't quite say catastrophic. All year Illinois St's offense has ran through RB James Robinson and they've relied pretty heavily on the stout defense to win them their games. The QB Davis has not been good this year. Maybe that means his backup is even worse or maybe a new signal caller will give their offense a jolt. In any case it's not ideal to be happening this close to the playoffs but they're better equipped than most teams to deal with the loss of a starting QB.

This is spot on. How the backup QB plays will shape how the committee views them going forward. Sketchy game against YSU, they could see a drop to a 7 or 8 seed depending on other game results. Solid game and they'll stay where they were going to be, which could be 5 or 6.

Redbird 4th & short
November 19th, 2019, 08:51 AM
UNI is toast

Freshman QB
Freshman WR
LB playing TE

That's....rough
for a second, I thought you were talking about my Redbirds

QB Davis is now out for season .. he left after Q1 last week against MoST. As uneven as he has played, we don't really have a #2 ... we got true FR pocket QB Baltz (6'6" 195 lbs) and dual threat RS FR QB Jefferson. Spack said, we are going with both based on opponent, game situation .. which make sense .. but not good.

WR position .. been down both starting WRs since end of game 3 .. have only had top receiver Edgar for less than 2 games, though he is due back against YSU. We are very young at WR position to begin with, so this has hurt a lot. MOstly FR and SO, 1 SR are in current rotation.

FB position .. lost starter for several games midseason, though he is now back

RB Proctor .. he is our clear #2, and he also went down last week .. out for season, he is probable #1 for 2020, so this hurts. People already keyed on Robinson enough. That wil only get worse for our OL and Robinson. 3rd stringer is true SO.

LG (SR Megginson) .. is out for season since game 4. Our OL has been ok, but he was a key returning starter.

So by 2nd half of MoST game last week .. we were down 4 offensive starters and 1 key 2nd stringer (R Proctor). We threw the ball 3 times in final 3 qtrs without Davis .. good news is that only 1 of 3 hit the ground .. bad news is that the other 2 were picked.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2019, 08:52 AM
QB Davis is now out for season .. he left after Q1 last week against MoST. As uneven as he has played, we don't really have a #2 ... we got true FR pocket QB Blatz (6'6" 195 lbs) and dua threat RS FR QB Jefferson. Spack said, we are going with both based on opponent, game situation .. which make sense .. but not good.

Yuck... a wise man once said "If you've got 2 quarterbacks you've got no quarterbacks".

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2019, 08:57 AM
He still has development to happen in the passing game sure, but Saturday was just another level. It was the first time he's looked like a freshman all year. His completion percentage is low largely due to (until very recently) he was quick to throw the ball away. As elusive as he is, and as many plays as he *could* make with his feet he really doesn't want too. He will roll out and press the LOS but won't commit to running until it's look late for it to gain anything. He wants to throw. It wasn't until the last week or two that he actually would run, he'd just throw the ball away. Which I guess is better than forcing it and getting picked. Prior to Saturday he had 18 TD and 3 INT so it's not like he's just throwing the ball all over and getting lucky.

To be partially fair, 2 of the picks he threw were tip drills off a WR's hands.

I mean, look at the skill guys we had out there and anyone would look less than ideal in that spot. There aren't enough reps in a week to get anything together with that to get a rhythm.

I'll add that freshman WR is a true freshman that is also on the basketball team and was dressed for the basketball game on Thursday night. That LT playing TE was the starting LT early in the season.

Thankfully looking towards next season
4 OL are back...though they need to get more physical
Of the 9 WR's that have taken snaps this year 7 are back - including the 2 main targets before injuries)
Both TEs will be back (were both true seniors) and one is Briley Moore - the All American
Of the 5 RBs that have taken snaps this year 4 are back.

Between the way UNI schedules, the way the Valley has forced UNI's conference schedule, and injuries I think the team has hit a wall.
On top of the injuries I’m 100% sure he does not like having to sit in the pocket. His bread and butter is scrambling or rolling out and making things happen and he couldn’t do that all day.

Yep, 12,000 maybe.

Serious question for bison fans, how many people do you guys think would have actually been at this game had it been played outdoors?

Redbird 4th & short
November 19th, 2019, 09:01 AM
Yuck... a wise man once said "If you've got 2 quarterbacks you've got no quarterbacks".
well in this case, that wise man gets the Captain Obvious award .. because, we c ertainly got no quarterbacks regardless. That's been a thing under Spack ... as I have belabored here before, it's not just inconsistency at starting QB position that has been our problem. But I'm not sure Spack has ever had a a 2nd string QB who could come into game on the spot (or even with a weeks notices) without cutting playbook in half and pass count way way down. We just don't know how to recruit and develop the QB position. True FR Baltz replaced RS FR Jefferson as #2 part way into season ... which migh say something for Baltz, but isn't say much for Jefferson our former #2.

Wash, rinse, repeat ... seen this before .. except now our shaky #1 is out for season,and looks way better in rear view mirror at the moment.

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2019, 09:07 AM
Serious question for bison fans, how many people do you guys think would have actually been at this game had it been played outdoors?
No clue on the exact number but it would've been less than what showed up inside.

well in this case, that wise man gets the Captain Obvious award .. because, we c ertainly got no quarterbacks regardless. That's been a thing under Spack ... as I have belabored here before, it's not just inconsistency at starting QB position that has been our problem. But I'm not sure Spack has ever had a a 2nd string QB who could come into game on the spot (or even with a weeks notices) without cutting playbook in half and pass count way way down. We just don't know how to recruit and develop the QB position. True FR Baltz replaced RS FR Jefferson as #2 part way into season ... which migh say something for Baltz, but isn't say much for Jefferson our former #2.

Wash, rinse, repeat ... seen this before .. except now our shaky #1 is out for season,and looks way better in rear view mirror at the moment.
So unless SIU makes it in every MVFC playoff team will be starting a freshman at QB in their playoff game(s).