PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Megathread: 2019 Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2019, 03:16 PM
ok i will take the bait. Serpentine guy doesn't post much lately is that due to losing to the chicken hawks two years in a row?

Probably.

cx500d
September 18th, 2019, 05:17 PM
What!!! Maybe I can get a vote in the most humorous deal at the end of the year from the new guy. My comedy doesn't appeal to your generation because it usually doesn't have pictures attached. I am the cerebral comic of AGS, not everybody gets me.

Your comedy is lame

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 18th, 2019, 05:18 PM
You read my old stuff?

Jesus.

That guy obviously has no taste

Thumper 76
September 18th, 2019, 10:52 PM
Who, the OSU guy? I used to have hair like that.
https://media1.giphy.com/media/3ohzdMvc1w2VlFOpRC/giphy.gif

Is that what that smell is?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190919/ebe8356438feb576fe215511e2a207df.gif

Your comedy is lame

See, he knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
September 21st, 2019, 11:02 AM
Rain and thunderstorms forecasted to start around 1-2 pm in Macomb. Tennessee Tech at WIU is scheduled to kickoff at 3. For anyone who might be watching on ESPN+ or whatever, delays sound likely. I'll be there, so I'll try to provide updates, especially if ESPN cuts off the broadcast.

Sycamore62
September 21st, 2019, 12:30 PM
Boyle hurt on the 3rd play from scrimmage today for iSUb. Looks like its gonna be all D vs EIU

ST_Lawson
September 21st, 2019, 03:26 PM
Rain and thunderstorms forecasted to start around 1-2 pm in Macomb. Tennessee Tech at WIU is scheduled to kickoff at 3. For anyone who might be watching on ESPN+ or whatever, delays sound likely. I'll be there, so I'll try to provide updates, especially if ESPN cuts off the broadcast.

Weather delay for at least 30 minutes in Macomb.

X-Factor
September 21st, 2019, 04:43 PM
What they heck is going on in Cedar Falls? No first downs for UNI in the first quarter.

ST_Lawson
September 21st, 2019, 05:04 PM
Still delayed in Macomb.

POD Knows
September 22nd, 2019, 08:53 AM
MVFC went 4-0 against the BSC yesterday. That is good I guess.

Redbird 4th & short
September 22nd, 2019, 10:20 AM

5-0 I believe though 2 close games for NDSU and UNI.

JayJ79
September 22nd, 2019, 10:35 AM
UNI is actually the leader in the Big Sky Conference standings, as the only team in the country with 2 Big Sky wins this season. We'll see if they move to 3-0 in the conference next week, or if they drop to 2-1
(San Diego is 0-2 vs. Big Sky and South Dakota is 1-1. no other team has played multiple Big Sky opponents as of yet)

Redbird 4th & short
September 22nd, 2019, 10:50 AM
And it was ok day for lower half of MVFC compared to prior weeks.

BisonFan02
September 22nd, 2019, 08:22 PM
I'm fairly sure that this year's UNI fb team is the only football team (perhaps the only team in any sport) to play all 4 ISUs in the NCAA in the same season (Iowa St, Idaho St, Illinois St, Indiana St)

Grab the paint buckets! (sorry...had to :D )

JayJ79
September 22nd, 2019, 09:33 PM
Grab the paint buckets! (sorry...had to :D )
I was wrong anyway (I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I had researched it, but anyway).
Turns out that in fact UNI has played all 4 ISUs in 2 previous years as well (1990 and 1992), and there very well could have been other teams that have played all 4

BisonFan02
September 22nd, 2019, 10:44 PM
I was wrong anyway (I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I had researched it, but anyway).
Turns out that in fact UNI has played all 4 ISUs in 2 previous years as well (1990 and 1992), and there very well could have been other teams that have played all 4

Leave some space for more years then?

dewey
September 22nd, 2019, 10:58 PM
Leave some space for more years then?

Gonna need another garage door.

Dewey

Winterborn
September 23rd, 2019, 10:18 AM
Gonna need another garage door.

Dewey

They filled up both sides of the one they have already?

Schism55
September 24th, 2019, 09:58 AM
https://twitter.com/IndStFB/status/1176495977886302209
Welp, that sucks hard xsmhx

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2019, 10:58 AM

Yeah, our backup wasnt bad he just did everything a little worse. I cant imagine him getting a 6th year

Schism55
September 24th, 2019, 11:09 AM
https://twitter.com/Pg_Reinhardt/status/1176523334244282368
C'mon man xsmhx

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2019, 11:24 AM
This day reminds me of the landlord's apartment on Coming to America..."its a real ****hole"

clenz
September 24th, 2019, 11:43 AM
I was already oppenly bearish on Indiana State......today doesn't help their case.

skinny_uncle
September 25th, 2019, 12:54 AM
I would give you my sympathy if my Salukis hadn't already lost our starting QB, starting tailback, a linebacker who led our team in tackles last year along with a cornerback who led our team in INTs last year.

Redbird 4th & short
September 25th, 2019, 09:12 AM
https://twitter.com/Pg_Reinhardt/status/1176523334244282368
C'mon man xsmhx
tell me about it ! We finally got our pass game on track against NAU, and we lose our top 2 receivers in same game. Also lost our SR LG Megginson, but this was ongoing back issue .. so he is shutting his season down.

For first time since 2016 and 2014 before that, I finally felt like we have/had a deep receiver group .. granted young, but a talented deep group:

- RS SO Edgar is all conference but was nursing hamstring, didn't play in opener and was nonfactor against EIU, then broke out against NAU with 12 catches 225 yards
- True SO Grimes was playing very well while Edgar was getting back to full speed; he'll likely use his RS now since he is out.

After that we play a true FR, a SR (JR transfer), and a true SO .. all very solid and talented, but have not really proven they are ready for full grind in MVFC. Got 2 other guys we like, but both are nursing injuries, a RS FR and a JR (transfer), but we haven't seen them play yet. With our top 2 out, now would be a good time.

Again, i think it's the deepest we have been at this position since 2016 or 2014, but young and currently very banged up.

QB Davis had a very nice game in week 4 .. if he can build on that, we should be ok. He's a different QB when he hangs tough in pocket, keeps his feet ready to throw, and takes hits if needed. My guess for why he was so bad .. he was to skittish in pocket and trying to hard to avoid sacks or getting hit. If you have seen him and the NAU QB Cookus last saturday, you would not have seen much difference in the 2 ... except that we sacked Cookus 5 times and also got 15 QBHs .. NAU dude just hung tough and made plays, though we had him our of sync 2nd half.

If we keep seeing that QB Davis ... I'll feel much better about our season go forward. But losing our top 2 receivers sucks given how young our receiver group is. But if Davis stays on track, we should be ok.

Redbird 4th & short
September 25th, 2019, 09:26 AM
tell me about it ! We finally got our pass game on track against NAU, and we lose our top 2 receivers in same game. Also lost our SR LG Megginson, but this was ongoing back issue .. so he is shutting his season down.

For first time since 2016 and 2014 before that, I finally felt like we have/had a deep receiver group .. granted young, but a talented deep group:

- RS SO Edgar is all conference but was nursing hamstring, didn't play in opener and was nonfactor against EIU, then broke out against NAU with 12 catches 225 yards
- True SO Grimes was playing very well while Edgar was getting back to full speed; he'll likely use his RS now since he is out.

After that we play a true FR, a SR (JR transfer), and a true SO .. all very solid and talented, but have not really proven they are ready for full grind in MVFC. Got 2 other guys we like, but both are nursing injuries, a RS FR and a JR (transfer), but we haven't seen them play yet. With our top 2 out, now would be a good time.

Again, i think it's the deepest we have been at this position since 2016 or 2014, but young and currently very banged up.

QB Davis had a very nice game in week 4 .. if he can build on that, we should be ok. He's a different QB when he hangs tough in pocket, keeps his feet ready to throw, and takes hits if needed. My guess for why he was so bad .. he was to skittish in pocket and trying to hard to avoid sacks or getting hit. If you have seen him and the NAU QB Cookus last saturday, you would not have seen much difference in the 2 ... except that we sacked Cookus 5 times and also got 15 QBHs .. NAU dude just hung tough and made plays, though we had him our of sync 2nd half.

If we keep seeing that QB Davis ... I'll feel much better about our season go forward. But losing our top 2 receivers sucks given how young our receiver group is. But if Davis stays on track, we should be ok.
schism .. sorry, forgot who I was talking to ... should I have first explained what wide receiver is and does ??

:D xdrunkyx

ST_Lawson
September 25th, 2019, 09:30 PM
Damn...it's been a rough year for injuries in the MVFC and we haven't even gotten to conference games yet.
We're down a ton, SIU down quite a bit...now this news out of the ISU's.

ST_Lawson
September 29th, 2019, 02:32 PM
Not really worth it's own thread, but Missouri State plays at Western Illinois next weekend at WIU's Homecoming.
WIU is currently favored by Massey to win by a FG, but I think given how the season has gone for both teams, it's quite possible this will be the only win for whichever team does win. It'll be a fight to lock up last place in the MVFC.

mvfcfan
September 29th, 2019, 05:13 PM
Idk, Missouri St might beat us. We play them the last game of the year in Springfield and we are always really beaten up by that point. Last year was a rare exception and we were still fairly beat up.

ST_Lawson
September 29th, 2019, 05:15 PM
Idk, Missouri St might beat us. We play them the last game of the year in Springfield and we are always really beaten up by that point. Last year was a rare exception and we were still fairly beat up.

Ok fine...this might be OUR only chance at a win.

CappinHard
October 4th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Thumper and I make picks for the MVFC games, preview the SIU game shortly, and we also discuss the California law that's a hot topic: https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrtd/episodes/CANT-WAIT-e5pgl3

F'N Hawks
October 4th, 2019, 10:11 AM
The Tommie Nation coming to a gym near you!

Professor Chaos
October 4th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Summit League football????

xdeadhorsex

clenz
October 4th, 2019, 10:50 AM
Summit League football????

xdeadhorsex
No chance WIU exists as a D1 program in 5 years

You're putting the cart way a head of the hose.

Professor Chaos
October 4th, 2019, 11:00 AM

xlolx

Oh I know it's just fun to poke the hornet's nest sometimes.

FWIW I have serious doubts that St Thomas ever makes it to full scholly FCS football. Especially if they do D1 hockey.

clenz
October 4th, 2019, 11:02 AM
They'd be a PFL program would they not - ala Drake and Valpo in the MVC?

ST_Lawson
October 4th, 2019, 11:06 AM

That's my thought. Summit League for most sports, Pioneer for football. Once they're established in DI, they might decide to go full-scholarship for football, but that's probably a ways off.

Professor Chaos
October 4th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I'd assume that's their immediate plan. Hambone posted in the other thread that there's a rumor about them getting to full scholly FCS within 10 years but that seems pretty ambitious especially if, like I said earlier, that have aspirations for D1 hockey as well.

clenz
October 4th, 2019, 11:08 AM
That's my thought. Summit League for most sports, Pioneer for football. Once they're established in DI, they might decide to go full-scholarship for football, but that's probably a ways off.
They have hockey.

I can't see any scenario they move D3 to D1 with hockey and then go scholarship football.

Also - that's NDSU's yearly Minneapolis game now - and Target Field won't hold it

That's a US Bank Stadium game.

The Yo Show
October 4th, 2019, 02:49 PM
I know this has its own thread, but the article did say, "The Summit League does not have Division I football, but Esten told the Star Tribune that the school is exploring the Division I Pioneer League for football, along with the Missouri Valley Conference. Teams from both of those conferences compete at the Football Championship Series (FCS) level, one notch below the Football Bowl Championship (FBS) level that includes the Big Ten."

What odds do you think they have for going MVFC for football vs Pioneer?

clenz
October 4th, 2019, 02:56 PM
I know this has its own thread, but the article did say, "The Summit League does not have Division I football, but Esten told the Star Tribune that the school is exploring the Division I Pioneer League for football, along with the Missouri Valley Conference. Teams from both of those conferences compete at the Football Championship Series (FCS) level, one notch below the Football Bowl Championship (FBS) level that includes the Big Ten."

What odds do you think they have for going MVFC for football vs Pioneer?
almost none.

There are media reports stating they are/have applied for PFL membership. Nothing on them actually applying to the MVFC.

ST_Lawson
October 5th, 2019, 11:18 PM

I'm not sure we exist as one now. :(

dewey
October 6th, 2019, 12:23 AM
They have hockey.
Also - that's NDSU's yearly Minneapolis game now - and Target Field won't hold it

That's a US Bank Stadium game.

Agreed. That would indeed need to be at US Bank stadium.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2019, 01:20 PM
WIU
Misery State
SIU
Ind State

Which team will finish last?

POD Knows
October 6th, 2019, 01:21 PM
WIU
Misery State
SIU
Ind State

Which team will finish last?ISUb appears to be a complete train wreck I will go with them

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2019, 01:24 PM
ISUb appears to be a complete train wreck I will go with them

Media darling with the local guys here.....xeyebrowx

Agree with the train wreck part.....cannot even score against a pathetic USD defense.....xsmhx

ST_Lawson
October 6th, 2019, 04:00 PM
ISUb appears to be a complete train wreck I will go with them

We'll find out for sure next week when the sole winless team in the conference hikes across state lines to roll around in the grass with them.

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2019, 07:13 PM
We'll find out for sure next week when the sole winless team in the conference hikes across state lines to roll around in the grass with them.

I dont even want to guess what bad luck we will have this week. I hope it doesnt directly involve me.

POD Knows
October 6th, 2019, 07:15 PM
I dont even want to guess what bad luck we will have this week. I hope it doesnt directly involve me.If I was you, I would change my avatar, just to be safe

ST_Lawson
October 6th, 2019, 07:21 PM
I dont even want to guess what bad luck we will have this week. I hope it doesnt directly involve me.

Are you ready for some football?

http://blclifton.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/fanswearingbags.jpg

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2019, 07:30 PM
Are you ready for some football?

http://blclifton.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/fanswearingbags.jpg

This would suffocate me....and at some point in the game ill gladly accept it

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2019, 07:33 PM
I dont know how many games we will win but ill bet somehow it screws at least one but even 2 MVFC teams out of the playoffs.

POD Knows
October 6th, 2019, 07:37 PM
I dont know how many games we will win but ill bet somehow it screws at least one but even 2 MVFC teams out of the playoffs.I hope so. (We don't play you this year)

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2019, 07:44 PM
I hope so. (We don't play you this year)

somehow not playing you helps you. (SoS)

Yote 53
October 7th, 2019, 09:35 AM
Media darling with the local guys here.....xeyebrowx

Agree with the train wreck part.....cannot even score against a pathetic USD defense.....xsmhx

Coyotes may have just got their defense turned around after some early season adjustment struggles. The last two games they've allowed 0 to ISUb and only 6 to UNC. I'm going to toss out the Oklahoma game because, well, it's freaking Oklahoma and on a completely different level. OU would drop 70 on any FCS team they wanted, including the Bison. Allowed 31 to Montana the first game of the season. Montana has been averaging 48.6 points per game against FCS competition, so the Coyotes actually held them to 17 points below their season average. The big outlier, and the one that turned Coyote fans apocalyptic, was the Houston Baptist game where we gave up 53 points in a 1 point shootout loss. In retrospect, it looks like HBU is having a pretty decent season sitting at 4-2 right now. Also, need to take into account practically the entire USD defensive backfield was out injured that game. So certainly not ideal, but not horrible either. That might have been the game that was the eye opener the team (and coaching staff) needed.

Lot of work to do, and certainly not saying USD is world beaters, but the team looks like it's showing improvement as the season moves along. Just need to take it one game at a time and finish strong this year.

clenz
October 7th, 2019, 09:41 AM
This is my guess for the Valley - as of today
https://ton.twitter.com/1.1/ton/data/dm/1181207320761683973/1181207318517686272/rrQ-SiXs.png:small

Given how ISUr's offense has been I could also see this weekends SIU/ISUR game going the other way and they flip positions in the standings
https://ton.twitter.com/1.1/ton/data/dm/1181207320761683973/1181207318517686272/rrQ-SiXs.png

Hambone
October 7th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Coyotes may have just got their defense turned around after some early season adjustment struggles. The last two games they've allowed 0 to ISUb and only 6 to UNC. I'm going to toss out the Oklahoma game because, well, it's freaking Oklahoma and on a completely different level. OU would drop 70 on any FCS team they wanted, including the Bison. Allowed 31 to Montana the first game of the season. Montana has been averaging 48.6 points per game against FCS competition, so the Coyotes actually held them to 17 points below their season average. The big outlier, and the one that turned Coyote fans apocalyptic, was the Houston Baptist game where we gave up 53 points in a 1 point shootout loss. In retrospect, it looks like HBU is having a pretty decent season sitting at 4-2 right now. Also, need to take into account practically the entire USD defensive backfield was out injured that game. So certainly not ideal, but not horrible either. That might have been the game that was the eye opener the team (and coaching staff) needed.

Lot of work to do, and certainly not saying USD is world beaters, but the team looks like it's showing improvement as the season moves along. Just need to take it one game at a time and finish strong this year.

Yeah, they may have figured something out down in Vermillion. The loss to HBU doesn't look near as bad as it did (actually voted them at 25 last week before this weeks loss), and Montana has turned into a bit of a machine. Will be interesting to see how the Yotes finish out the season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2019, 10:05 AM

Before this last weeks game USD was ranked 122/124 on defense. Go ahead and take out Oklahoma. You still have very good Valley teams left to play. On the remaining schedule 4 teams are good running teams: UNI (at times), YSU, NDSU and SDSU. USD hasn't stopped good rushing attacks in years and we'll see if this year is any different.

Until USD proves they can slow down teams that are good, they will always be a bottom half Valley team. Streveler carried the playoff team by himself 2 years ago.

ST_Lawson
October 7th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Partially MVFC and partially "others", but it looks like it's a particularly bad year for pretty much all the directional Illinois schools:
WIU - 0-5
EIU - 0-6
SIU - 2-3
NIU - 1-4
Add in Illinois at 2-3 and Northwestern at 1-4, and the only DI football program in Illinois with a winning record is Illinois State at 3-2.

IBleedYellow
October 7th, 2019, 12:10 PM
Before this last weeks game USD was ranked 122/124 on defense. Go ahead and take out Oklahoma. You still have very good Valley teams left to play. On the remaining schedule 4 teams are good running teams: UNI (at times), YSU, NDSU and SDSU. USD hasn't stopped good rushing attacks in years and we'll see if this year is any different.

Until USD proves they can slow down teams that are good, they will always be a bottom half Valley team. Streveler carried the playoff team by himself 2 years ago.

Should have won the Payton that year. I'll never forget NDSU fans booing during halftime when whoever the hell won it came out that day.

dewey
October 7th, 2019, 12:35 PM
It was just announced that Northern Iowa senior wide receiver Jalen Rima (SP?) has entered the transfer portal. I believe his grandpa is a commentator the Panthers.

Maybe he wants to transfer to NDSU so he can win a championship similar to what former defensive back Andre Martin did in 2012.

Dewey

Schism55
October 7th, 2019, 01:06 PM
It was just announced that Northern Iowa senior wide receiver Jalen Rima (SP?) has entered the transfer portal. I believe his grandpa is a commentator the Panthers.

Maybe he wants to transfer to NDSU so he can win a championship similar to what former defensive back Andre Martin did in 2012.

Dewey
Dang, he's a good player. Be very interesting if he ends up at an FCS school.

clenz
October 7th, 2019, 01:14 PM
Dang, he's a good player. Be very interesting if he ends up at an FCS school.
No he's not

He has all the natural talent you could dream of having and one of the worst work ethic and attitudes of any UNI player I can remember (according to sources).

In 40 career games
51 receptions (1.2 per game...while playing with Dunne who is a top 5-6 QB in UNI history statistically - who had 550 completions while sharing the field with Rima)
780 yards
5 TD

The last 3 years returning kicks?

20 punt returns 101 yards
11 kick returns 176 yards

Had the potential be an All American WR, instead he will go down as of the larger busts in terms of recruiting.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 7th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Should have won the Payton that year. I'll never forget NDSU fans booing during halftime when whoever the hell won it came out that day.

The SHSU QB winning it was a travesty IMO. Streveler single handedly willed them to the playoffs.

NDSU curb stomped them but Streveler had a good day stats wise that year....'17.

clenz
October 8th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Farley also confirmed All American TE Briley Moore is out for at least the regular season. Then right after that he announced the next starting TE Tristan Bohr is also out for the year with a knee injury. So for the rest of the season UNI is rolling a 6'9 290lb guy who started at left tackle in the season at TE along with 2 freshman.

Both Moore and Bohr are seniors.

However, both have redshirts available - Moore played in just 1 game, Bohr in 4. The potential to have both back next year would be nice.

Schism55
October 9th, 2019, 01:30 PM
https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/status/1181976625719791617

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2019, 08:35 PM
Alright, what the heck is up with the names on the back of the SIU players' jerseys? It's definitely not the players' last name.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2019, 08:41 PM
Valley top tier:

NDSU
SDSU

2nd tier:

YSU
UNI
Ill State

3rd tier:

USD
SIU
Ind State
MSU
WIU

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2019, 09:15 PM
Valley top tier:

NDSU
SDSU

2nd tier:

YSU
UNI
Ill State

3rd tier:

USD
SIU
Ind State
MSU
WIU
I think USD and SIU are better than the rest of those bottom 5. None of them make the playoffs but I feel like those two could pull an upset or two of the top 5 but the other 3 have no shot.

JacksFan40
October 12th, 2019, 09:19 PM
Valley top tier:

NDSU
SDSU

2nd tier:

YSU
UNI
Ill State

3rd tier:

USD
SIU
Ind State
MSU
WIU
I think USD right now could be 2nd tier, they’ve been dominant the last 2 games, granted it’s been against bad teams but it’s still been dominant.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 13th, 2019, 06:42 AM
I think USD and SIU are better than the rest of those bottom 5. None of them make the playoffs but I feel like those two could pull an upset or two of the top 5 but the other 3 have no shot.

Not for me right now. Beating cellar dwellers on consecutive weeks is not impressive for me (USD). Beat a team in the upper 1/2 ( NDSU, SDSU, UNI, YSU, Ill State ) then I might think about it. Until then they are a bottom tier team. Same with SIU.

Oh good. USD can prove it this coming week....they play UNI. IMO, USD will do nothing against UNI's defense.

mvfcfan
October 13th, 2019, 07:17 AM
I think I would consider USD and SIU 3rd tier, while I would consider MSU, INST, and WIU 4th tier.

I wrote USD off at the beginning of last week, but if they can beat UNI my opinion on them will change. However I'm in the same boat. Blowing out INST and MSU is just not that impressive. They still have an uphill battle to be in playoff contention. A loss to UNI will make them officially out of the playoff picture, but with a win they "could" start out 5-0 in MVFC play. Even at that I'm not confident they could go 2-1 against YSU, NDSU, and SDSU at the end of the season to make the playoffs.

I personally think you'll have to finish 8-4 to make the playoffs. 7-5 might be good enough, but I wouldn't want to chance it. The MVFC has been a little "down" this season and the last I saw the CAA is barely ranked ahead of us which makes me think 7-5 wouldn't be good enough.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 13th, 2019, 07:28 AM
I think I would consider USD and SIU 3rd tier, while I would consider MSU, INST, and WIU 4th tier.

I wrote USD off at the beginning of last week, but if they can beat UNI my opinion on them will change. However I'm in the same boat. Blowing out INST and MSU is just not that impressive. They still have an uphill battle to be in playoff contention. A loss to UNI will make them officially out of the playoff picture, but with a win they "could" start out 5-0 in MVFC play. Even at that I'm not confident they could go 2-1 against YSU, NDSU, and SDSU at the end of the season to make the playoffs.

I personally think you'll have to finish 8-4 to make the playoffs. 7-5 might be good enough, but I wouldn't want to chance it. The MVFC has been a little "down" this season and the last I saw the CAA is barely ranked ahead of us which makes me think 7-5 wouldn't be good enough.

With 4 tiers, then what you have with USD and SIU I agree with.

If USD beats UNI (huge if IMO) then yes they could be a playoff contender. But every year when USD faces a defense with a pulse they fold.

Both USD and SIU need to place an emphasis on recruiting better defensive players.

USD fans will always hang their hat on the Bison win in '15 ( great you beat an injured Wentz team but the Bison still won the title....) but every game in the D1 era with these 2 teams, the Bison have curb stomped them and run all over them. Streveler single handedly took them to the playoffs a couple of years ago but until they improve defensively they will never be an upper tier team.....same with SIU.....IMO of course...xthumbsupx

ST_Lawson
October 13th, 2019, 12:10 PM
With 4 tiers, then what you have with USD and SIU I agree with.

*waving from the 5th tier

https://i.imgur.com/U2KxBeU.jpg?1

ST_Lawson
October 14th, 2019, 01:40 PM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/missouri-valley-football-conference-week-7-review/

In case they fix the typo:

Indiana State scored 20 unanswered points in the second half to defeat Western Illinois 201-10.

Damnit Cumberland...we almost had you.

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2019, 10:34 PM
http://www.college-sports-journal.com/missouri-valley-football-conference-week-7-review/

In case they fix the typo:

Damnit Cumberland...we almost had you.

ST did you watch the espn broadcast. It was the first time we have had our pros on the mic. I know guys have really disliked the students we had doing the games in the past.

ST_Lawson
October 14th, 2019, 10:51 PM
ST did you watch the espn broadcast. It was the first time we have had our pros on the mic. I know guys have really disliked the students we had doing the games in the past.

They sounded ok to me...then again, we use student broadcasters ourselves.

Redbird 4th & short
October 14th, 2019, 10:52 PM

Been meaning to look closer at the MVFC being down this year. I think the MVFC being down this year reflects the lower third or half of conference. The upper 4 or 5 are still looking like very strong teams ... we're just not as deep as we thought or usually are. We've got some quality FBS losses, and a very good FCS record in the top 5. But yes, 6 thru 10 are certainly weaker than prior years.

OOC is 16-4 in our current top 5 with 3 of the 4 losses to FBS; and 2 of thhe 3 FBS losses were high quality losses: SDSU lost to 6-0 Minnesota by 7, and UNI lost to 4-2 Iowa St by 3 in triple OT. Their 3rd FBS loss was my ISUr to NIU by 14 .. but it was 10-10 heading into Q4. So this group was 13-1 against FCS .. the only loss was UNI at Weber St by 12, a top 6 team.

So I think the playoff level MVFC teams are performing well on national scale, with exception for my ISUr .. we're a work in progress to this point. And ISUb only falls to 3rd tier due to loss of QB ... he is the main cog in their offense for sure.

Rank
Team
Record
PF
PA
Record
PF
PA
Record
PF
PA
Record
PF
PA

N Dakota St (https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5545&s=308075)
6-01.000
3-01.000
2-01.000
2-01.000

S Dakota St (https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=7268&s=308075)
5-10.833
4-01.000
1-10.500
2-01.000

Northern Iowa (https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5641&s=308075)
3-30.500
3-01.000
0-30.000
1-10.500

Illinois St (https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3449&s=308075)
4-20.667
2-10.667
2-10.667
1-10.500

Youngstown St (https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=9217&s=308075)
4-20.667
3-10.750
1-10.500
0-20.000

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 15th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Very good chance I'll be in the Twin Cities from November 14-18. Since I'll be out there I'd love to get back to Fargo for a Bison game. I was last there in 2011 for the Youngstown State game. Not the Lehigh game. :D I have to believe the old "Frisco Cruiser" is long long gone. I don't think the guys I met up with back then even post here anymore....

Has anything changed in terms of ticket availability? They're playing South Dakota so I figure that has to be somewhat of a rivalry game. I checked the NDSU Athletics website but I couldn't get the ticket information to load.

Professor Chaos
October 15th, 2019, 04:44 PM
Very good chance I'll be in the Twin Cities from November 14-18. Since I'll be out there I'd love to get back to Fargo for a Bison game. I was last there in 2011 for the Youngstown State game. Not the Lehigh game. :D I have to believe the old "Frisco Cruiser" is long long gone. I don't think the guys I met up with back then even post here anymore....

Has anything changed in terms of ticket availability? They're playing South Dakota so I figure that has to be somewhat of a rivalry game. I checked the NDSU Athletics website but I couldn't get the ticket information to load.
It's technically sold out right now but you'll be able to get a ticket(s) without too much trouble. If you want to have a ticket in hand before you travel you can check the Ticket Exchange on Bisonville (you'll need an account) or on the NDSU Alumni Association website ticket exchange or just browse Craigslist and tickets will probably be pretty reasonable. Face value is $40-$50 for that game so you could probably find tickets for not much more than that.

However, I wouldn't even mess with that and I'd just wait until the Friday before the game when they release unclaimed student tickets (which there will probably be a thousand or more of) along with unsold visitor seats and unclaimed tickets held back for players, coaches, and university staff. Those go on sale on GoBison.com at 8AM CT the Friday before the game so you can easily get an electronic ticket or get a ticket to pick up at will call.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 16th, 2019, 10:50 AM
It's technically sold out right now but you'll be able to get a ticket(s) without too much trouble. If you want to have a ticket in hand before you travel you can check the Ticket Exchange on Bisonville (you'll need an account) or on the NDSU Alumni Association website ticket exchange or just browse Craigslist and tickets will probably be pretty reasonable. Face value is $40-$50 for that game so you could probably find tickets for not much more than that.

However, I wouldn't even mess with that and I'd just wait until the Friday before the game when they release unclaimed student tickets (which there will probably be a thousand or more of) along with unsold visitor seats and unclaimed tickets held back for players, coaches, and university staff. Those go on sale on GoBison.com at 8AM CT the Friday before the game so you can easily get an electronic ticket or get a ticket to pick up at will call.

Thanks for info! I'm actually surprised the advance allotted ticket amount is already sold out! I kind of thought demand was down a but due to NDSU's success.

This game could have some intrigue given the Coyotes start in MVFC. I should know by the end of the week my formal plans.

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Thanks for info! I'm actually surprised the advance allotted ticket amount is already sold out! I kind of thought demand was down a but due to NDSU's success.

This game could have some intrigue given the Coyotes start in MVFC. I should know by the end of the week my formal plans.
Ticket demand is down a bit. They technically haven't had a true sell-out for either of the last two homes games even though single game tickets sold out after a couple hours when they went on sale on August 1st. The tickets that haven't been getting sold are the ones held back for students, visitors, player's families, etc that weren't claimed/sold but aren't put up for sale to the general public until the Friday morning before the game which is pretty late in the game for most people looking for tickets.

I'd say you can feel confident though that there will be plenty of tickets for sale for these last 3 home regular season games at 8AM on Friday morning the day before the game.

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Brock Jenson -> Carson Wentz -> Easton Stick -> now this....

https://twitter.com/ValleyFootball/status/1184543280652009472

Could you guys just...not...for once.

It's like the freakin' Packers...longtime record-setting HOF QB leaves...just get another record-setting (future) HOF QB to cover the next 15 years.
It's just that easy xrolleyesx

NEBison
October 16th, 2019, 02:19 PM

It's like the freakin' Packers...longtime record-setting HOF QB leaves...just get another record-setting (future) HOF QB to cover the next 15 years.

Lol that number is going to dip as the season goes.....i think

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2019, 02:20 PM

Sorry... not sorry. :D

But in all seriousness all of us Bison fans marvel at how well Trey Lance is playing for a freshman. This offense has not missed a beat from last year when they set all sorts of program records and they replaced 8 starters (and 3 coaches including the OC) on that side of the ball.

Here's some more food for thought. It could've been coach speak but Matt Entz gave the impression throughout spring ball and the first few weeks of fall camp that the QB competition between Trey Lance and Iowa St QB transfer Zeb Noland was too close to call. Lance wasn't even named the starter until a week and half before the season opener. Again, could've just been coach speak but even if there's some truth to it the Bison have a pretty solid QB sitting on the bench as well.

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2019, 02:21 PM

But in all seriousness all of us Bison fans marvel at how well Trey Lance is playing for a freshman. This offense has not missed a beat from last year when they set all sorts of program records and they replaced 8 starters on that side of the ball.

Here's some more food for thought. It could've been coach speak but Matt Entz gave the impression throughout spring ball and the first few weeks of fall camp that the QB competition between Trey Lance and Iowa St QB transfer Zeb Noland was too close to call. Lance wasn't even named the starter until a week and half before the season opener. Again, could've just been coach speak but even if there's some truth to it the Bison have a pretty solid QB sitting on the bench as well.

Meanwhile, I feel like our coach is about ready to just turn around and yell into the crowd "Hey...can anyone throw a football?"

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2019, 03:14 PM
Meanwhile, I feel like our coach is about ready to just turn around and yell into the crowd "Hey...can anyone throw a football?"

with one more injury they may have to have an emergency appeal to the NCAA for a 6th season for me to come in as a QB. And I was an untalented guard.

IBleedYellow
October 16th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Lol that number is going to dip as the season goes.....i think

It....it...has to, right?

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2019, 03:57 PM

Not if we have anything to do with it.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/001dfba23c36f0daa45a81f1037cbcbe/tenor.gif

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2019, 03:59 PM
You'd think so but he does have some pretty soft pass defenses coming up on the schedule starting with this Saturday. This is how each MVFC team ranks in defensive pass efficiency nationally.

1. NDSU: 103.6 (4)
2. SDSU: 109.85 (9)
3. Indiana St: 110.74 (10)
4. Illinois St: 125.64 (38)
5. YSU: 131.97 (51)
6. UNI: 132.47 (55)
7. South Dakota: 144.91 (87)
8. SIU: 149.79 (96)
9. WIU: 150.15 (97)
10. Missouri St: 162.16 (117)

They don't play Indiana St this year and you could make the argument that UNI has a better pass defense than YSU since they were about 10 spots ahead of YSU in the national rankings until they played NDSU and Lance last week. That would mean that NDSU has games against the 5 worst pass defenses in the conference plus the SDSU game. You'd think he'd regress some just due to the law of averages but the schedule isn't all that daunting outside of those road games in Brookings and Youngstown....

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2019, 04:45 PM

But in all seriousness all of us Bison fans marvel at how well Trey Lance is playing for a freshman. This offense has not missed a beat from last year when they set all sorts of program records and they replaced 8 starters (and 3 coaches including the OC) on that side of the ball.

All Noland was/is.....is an insurance policy so to speak. The coaches knew all along it was Trey. Coach speak pure and simple.

The Yo Show
October 16th, 2019, 07:12 PM

Yeah umm... not spiteful, maybe a bit jealous, but in all honesty dumbfounded how you guys have had the luck you've had with QBs for my entire time I was in college and since! You had back to back to back to back great QBs now. Its unbelievable. Share the wealth :D

The Yo Show
October 16th, 2019, 07:14 PM
You'd think so but he does have some pretty soft pass defenses coming up on the schedule starting with this Saturday. This is how each MVFC team ranks in defensive pass efficiency nationally.

1. NDSU: 103.6 (4)
2. SDSU: 109.85 (9)
3. Indiana St: 110.74 (10)
4. Illinois St: 125.64 (38)
5. YSU: 131.97 (51)
6. UNI: 132.47 (55)
7. South Dakota: 144.91 (87)
8. SIU: 149.79 (96)
9. WIU: 150.15 (97)
10. Missouri St: 162.16 (117)

They don't play Indiana St this year and you could make the argument that UNI has a better pass defense than YSU since they were about 10 spots ahead of YSU in the national rankings until they played NDSU and Lance last week. That would mean that NDSU has games against the 5 worst pass defenses in the conference plus the SDSU game. You'd think he'd regress some just due to the law of averages but the schedule isn't all that daunting outside of those road games in Brookings and Youngstown....

I wouldn't be worried about the road game in Youngstown based on performance recently lol

ST_Lawson
October 16th, 2019, 07:29 PM
Yeah umm... not spiteful, maybe a bit jealous, but in all honesty dumbfounded how you guys have had the luck you've had with QBs for my entire time I was in college and since! You had back to back to back to back great QBs now. Its unbelievable. Share the wealth :D

I have a theory that they're secretly using one of the old missile bunkers out on the plains as a research lab to genetically engineer new QBs using the DNA of Gary Larsen and Roger Maris where they'll keep growing new ones in vats until one of them wins the Walter Payton Award. It's called the Sanford QUAD (Quarterback Underground Athletic Development)...Denny didn't start with the pentagon (https://www.sanfordpentagon.com/), you know.

UpstateBison
October 16th, 2019, 08:00 PM

Is it luck? I don’t think so. I am bummed I will miss attending the YSU game this year. It was fun meeting you.

IBleedYellow
October 16th, 2019, 08:21 PM
It's like you guys are forgetting that Steve Walker was a Bison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw

No_Skill
October 16th, 2019, 08:29 PM
No championships...he was a bum. :D

Professor Chaos
October 16th, 2019, 10:47 PM

Is it luck? I don’t think so. I am bummed I will miss attending the YSU game this year. It was fun meeting you.

Some luck, some solid recruiting, and some great coaching. NDSU retained QB Coach Randy Hedberg during the Klieman to K-State transition and that was a big deal. He's been at NDSU since Wentz's first year starting in 2014.

It's also worth noting that they plucked Easton Stick from Nebraska's back yard (Omaha) and Trey Lance from Minnesota's back yard (Marshall). It helps when the only big in-state schools show little to no interest in guys like that (to be fair I think Minnesota did recruit Lance but they wanted him to play LB).

BisonFan02
October 16th, 2019, 11:08 PM

Maybe hit us up....you can sit with the POD and I.

Schism55
October 16th, 2019, 11:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw
And Jeff Bentrim...and Chris Simdorn...and Arden Beachy xthumbsupx

POD Knows
October 17th, 2019, 06:15 AM
Maybe hit us up....you can sit with the POD and I.Yea, we could do that.

POD Knows
October 17th, 2019, 06:20 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIuswMan, that was epic, that was the year we moved to Fargo and the first year I had season tickets to the Bison.

uni88
October 17th, 2019, 12:23 PM
I have a theory that they're secretly using one of the old missile bunkers out on the plains as a research lab to genetically engineer new QBs using the DNA of Gary Larsen and Roger Maris where they'll keep growing new ones in vats until one of them wins the Walter Payton Award. It's called the Sanford QUAD (Quarterback Underground Athletic Development)...Denny didn't start with the pentagon (https://www.sanfordpentagon.com/), you know.

They're using CFCPH (Canadian Fromunda Cheese Performance Hormone) which can only be found in Canada’s scrotum (i.e. North Dakota) and is completely untraceable using today’s testing methods - https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?221012-The-Secret-of-NDSU%92s-Success

IBleedYellow
October 17th, 2019, 12:26 PM
Man, that was epic, that was the year we moved to Fargo and the first year I had season tickets to the Bison.

I'll never forget it because my dad and I went to the game between my cousin's wedding and dinner. So we were there in suits.

He was ready to leave early and I told him "It's not over until Steve Walker says so!" So we stayed. The rest, is history. And dad won't leave games early anymore, no matter what.

IBleedYellow
October 17th, 2019, 12:27 PM
And Jeff Bentrim...and Chris Simdorn...and Arden Beachy xthumbsupx

Different era, Different division.

They are stars and studs in their own right, each of them. I was just talking about D1 QBs.

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2019, 01:01 PM
They're using CFCPH (Canadian Fromunda Cheese Performance Hormone) which can only be found in Canada’s scrotum (i.e. North Dakota) and is completely untraceable using today’s testing methods - https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?221012-The-Secret-of-NDSU%92s-Success

https://i.imgur.com/2ZOxltB.jpg

IBleedYellow
October 17th, 2019, 02:04 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2ZOxltB.jpgFor real though... Anyone got a TL;DR like BF02 asked for?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2019, 03:19 PM
For real though... Anyone got a TL;DR like BF02 asked for?

I think this was the TLDR:

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2019, 07:19 PM
Man, that was epic, that was the year we moved to Fargo and the first year I had season tickets to the Bison.

One of the best games I have been to in the FD!!

xnodx

The Yo Show
October 17th, 2019, 07:32 PM

Fair point, its not luck its excellent recruiting! Well sorry to hear you won't be able to make it! I'll be there. Maybe I'll make it to a game in Fargo someday.

Redbird 4th & short
October 18th, 2019, 01:06 PM

what year was this ?

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2019, 01:11 PM
what year was this ?

POD Knows
October 18th, 2019, 02:15 PM
One of the best games I have been to in the FD!!

xnodxThat was a pretty good team that year, lost to the freaking bunnies last game of the year xmadx

POD Knows
October 18th, 2019, 02:16 PM
what year was this ?2007, we were 10-1 that year, beat an FBS school but lost to the Rabbits in the final game.

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2019, 02:26 PM
That was a pretty good team that year, lost to the freaking bunnies last game of the year xmadx
I think the top end of that '07 team was just as good as any team NDSU has had during this championship run. Had a few future NFL players on the defense (Mays, Humber, Schommer). The difference was the depth wasn't there compared to what they have today. I remember Roehl playing on a really bad ankle in that SDSU game when they would've been better off having a stable of RBs to rely on like they have these days. The O-line and D-line depth is probably where the biggest difference is. If we could get Doc Brown to transport the '07 team to now and play the '19 team I'd suspect they'd play a good first half but they'd get work down in the trenches by the '19 team in the 2nd half.

I bet those '07 seniors would've given their left nut to be playoff eligible and have a chance to redeem themselves after losing the perfect season in Brookings in their final game.

IBleedYellow
October 18th, 2019, 02:35 PM
I think the top end of that '07 team was just as good as any team NDSU has had during this championship run. Had a few future NFL players on the defense (Mays, Humber, Schommer). The difference was the depth wasn't there compared to what they have today. I remember Roehl playing on a really bad ankle in that SDSU game when they would've been better off having a stable of RBs to rely on like they have these days. The O-line and D-line depth is probably where the biggest difference is. If we could get Doc Brown to transport the '07 team to now and play the '19 team I'd suspect they'd play a good first half but they'd get work down in the trenches by the '19 team in the 2nd half.

I bet those '07 seniors would've given their left nut to be playoff eligible and have a chance to redeem themselves after losing the perfect season in Brookings in their final game.

I will go to my grave saying the only reason that Appalachian State got their threepeat was because North Dakota State was ineligible for postseason play during that time frame.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2019, 05:00 PM
I will go to my grave saying the only reason that Appalachian State got their threepeat was because North Dakota State was ineligible for postseason play during that time frame.

Those 06/07 teams would have given App State a run for their money for sure.

POD Knows
October 18th, 2019, 05:05 PM
I will go to my grave saying the only reason that Appalachian State got their threepeat was because North Dakota State was ineligible for postseason play during that time frame.You should add 2006 and 2007 to your signature line with an Asterisk and then say *Defacto Champions

marenlee
October 18th, 2019, 09:16 PM
2007, we were 10-1 that year, beat an FBS school but lost to the Rabbits in the final game.

Ahem. TWO FBS teams.

POD Knows
October 19th, 2019, 08:08 AM
Ahem. TWO FBS teams.Yep, I forgot about Central Michigan. Nice catch. The game was such a blow out that I must have "moved" them down a division in my head.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2019, 09:08 AM
Yep, I forgot about Central Michigan. Nice catch. The game was such a blow out that I must have "moved" them down a division in my head.

That CMU team had Antonio Brown, JJ Watt and Joe Staley on it even.

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Those 06/07 teams would have given App State a run for their money for sure.

I thought the 2012 Sycamores would have given the Bison a run for their money if they wouldnt have got left out of the playoffs

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2019, 09:51 AM
I thought the 2012 Sycamores would have given the Bison a run for their money if they wouldnt have got left out of the playoffs

Sycs caught lightening in a bottle and beat the Bison during the regular season in '12 with 2 pick 6s and without scoring an offensive TD. Ind State's lone win versus the Bison.

IMO, a playoff rematch would have been a beat down for the Sycs, but we'll never know.

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2019, 10:18 AM
Sycs caught lightening in a bottle and beat the Bison during the regular season in '12 with 2 pick 6s and without scoring an offensive TD. Ind State's lone win versus the Bison.

IMO, a playoff rematch would have been a beat down for the Sycs, but we'll never know.

That was our strategy. we missed a third pick 6 from the same player. I think our offense would have gone wild in a playoff game

Redbird 4th & short
October 19th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Just pulled up Bison history .. I didn't realize you moved to FCS in 2004, thought it was several years later. You guys actually lost some games prior 2010 going back to 1991 .. though 2006 and 2007 were very good years.

There is hope people !!

TheKingpin28
October 19th, 2019, 12:21 PM
SDSU chokes on a redzone turnover.

TheKingpin28
October 19th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Hey Thumper, are you bringing the Joose next week?

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2019, 12:51 PM
SDSU chokes on a redzone turnover.

and then ISUb does

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 20th, 2019, 07:50 AM
UNI's WR Isaiah Weston is a beast.

He had over 100 yards against the Bison and a TD and he just tore USD a new butthole with 189 yards and 3 TDs.

I see USD still cannot stop the run.

Sycamore62
October 20th, 2019, 07:40 PM
https://twitter.com/indstfb/status/1185975131602083842?s=21

clenz
October 21st, 2019, 08:01 PM

He had over 100 yards against the Bison and a TD and he just tore USD a new butthole with 189 yards and 3 TDs.

I see USD still cannot stop the run.He's had an okay year coming off a torn acl that keep him out last year

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191022/22fa942306bea93fd553426fbdb0ae5d.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191022/31324cf3a6bf09e2e899afc0c9890745.jpg

Thumper 76
October 22nd, 2019, 03:39 AM
Hey Thumper, are you bringing the Joose next week?

There is a very real possibility I won’t make the game. Probably won’t know for a day or two yet. I had to go to San Antonio Thursday night and have had to stay down there possibly through next weekend. It’s a ****ty deal, but this takes president.

TheKingpin28
October 22nd, 2019, 06:15 AM
There is a very real possibility I won’t make the game. Probably won’t know for a day or two yet. I had to go to San Antonio Thursday night and have had to stay down there possibly through next weekend. It’s a ****ty deal, but this takes president.**** son. That would be unfortunate but I hear you.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Winterborn
October 22nd, 2019, 03:34 PM
There is a very real possibility I won’t make the game. Probably won’t know for a day or two yet. I had to go to San Antonio Thursday night and have had to stay down there possibly through next weekend. It’s a ****ty deal, but this takes president.

xeyebrowx

Maybe you mean precedent. :D

Thumper 76
October 23rd, 2019, 01:44 AM
xeyebrowx

Maybe you mean precedent. :D

Been a hell of a long week brother xlolx

Sycamore62
October 23rd, 2019, 08:29 PM
Any redbird fans have advice on parking for your homecoming. In the past ive parked in that garage to the east of the stadium. Does that fill up?

ST_Lawson
October 23rd, 2019, 10:38 PM
Any redbird fans have advice on parking for your homecoming. In the past ive parked in that garage to the east of the stadium. Does that fill up?

That's where I've always parked, and I've averaged 1 game per season in Normal over the past 4 years. There was a Homecoming Game, a Family Weekend game, a "Spack 'Stache" game, and a playoff game and I never had a problem with it being full. To be fair, one of those I did pre-order the parking pass. The other three I didn't.

Redbird 4th & short
October 24th, 2019, 06:33 AM
no idea, I haven't had to "shop" for parking in a long time. Just get there early .. we should have good turnout for homecoming, especially in tailgate areas. So any nearby lots will fill up much moreso and earlier.

forecast is slipping as we get closer to game time ... now 50% chaince of rain around game time. Which means tailgaters may decide to come in for game ... would rather stay dry under the canopy and socialize. Though we did just get approved to serve liquor inside the stadium, so that might help some ... we can be a fair weather bunch ... not me, I'll be there rain or shine, sleet or snow .... or all 4 last year against Bison.

clenz
October 26th, 2019, 04:23 PM

I see USD still cannot stop the run.Weston with another 5 catches for 157 yards and 2 TD through 3 today.

Professor Chaos
October 26th, 2019, 07:21 PM
Halfway through the conference season so it's the time of the year for the MVFC playoff outlook. I'd say there are 6 teams with a shot at making the playoffs and 2 more on life support at this point. Realistically it seems likely the conference gets 4 bids give or take 1 depending on how things shake out. Here's how I see it ordered by the teams that have the easiest road to the playoffs (or are already in) to the teams that have the toughest road.

I made an addition this year of adding Massey's win % for each of the remaining games for team's in contention. Those numbers don't take into account today's games yet.

Locks

North Dakota St (8-0, 4-0)
Quality wins: UND, UC Davis, @ISUr, UNI, @SDSU
Bad losses: None
Remaining games: @YSU(96%), WIU(100%), USD(99%), @SIU(97%)
It wasn't pretty for the Bison but they got it done and picked up a monstrous win in Brookings today. They've put up an impressive resume of quality wins en route to their 8-0 start that has them tracking towards getting home field until Frisco once again. The schedule is pretty soft down the home stretch so they should have a good shot at 12-0 but road games at YSU and a suddenly resurgent SIU won't be gimmes.

Should be in

South Dakota St (6-2, 3-1)
Quality wins: @YSU
Remaining games: @MSU(97%), ISUr(87%), UNI(81%), @USD(81%)
The Jackrabbits almost pulled off a monumental win today but fell just short. I would hope that the national polls don't drop them from #3 after they had #1 on the ropes with their 3rd string QB but we'll see. I think regardless if they win out, which is very doable for them, they won't be lower than #4 which gets them home field until the semis. They won't be able to coast to wins especially in their last 3 so we'll see if they can avoid the letdown game this year that has plagued them in the past.

Illinois St (6-2, 3-1)[/i]
Quality wins: @SIU
Remaining games: UNI(50%), @SDSU(13%), MSU(94%), @YSU(54%)
Despite not having much for quality wins the Redbirds are in a great spot for the playoffs since they've avoided any bad losses. Picking up one of these next two at home against UNI and at SDSU would go a long way towards locking them in and giving them the big win that has eluded them to this point in the season but they could conceivably lose both and still be fine if they win their last two to get to 8-4. They've definitely got plenty of work to do still with 3 tough games remaining.

Northern Iowa (5-3, 3-1)
Quality wins: YSU
Remaining games: @ISUr(50%), ISUb(93%), @SDSU(19%), WIU(98%)
The Panthers are in pretty good shape at 5-3 with the #1 SOS in the FCS so far. Their toughest remaining games are on the road at Illinois St and SDSU but winning home games against Indiana St and WIU should get them in at 7-5 (5-3) even if they drop their other two which I think would be good enough to get them in. If they can win 3 of 4 or all 4 they're probably looking at a seed and a 1st round bye.

Work left to do

Youngstown St (5-3, 1-3)
Quality wins: None
Remaining games: NDSU(4%), @USD(40%), @ISUb(64%), ISUr(46%)
The Penguins got back on track today against WIU but still have plenty of work to do. The schedule is pretty brutal for them down the stretch starting with a home game against NDSU and their weak OOC slate will do them any favors when we get to Selection Sunday. They probably need to win 3 of 4 which is no easy task.

Southern Illinois (4-4, 2-2)
Quality wins: @UMass, UT-Martin
Remaining games: @ISUb(61%), MSU(87%), @WIU(81%), NDSU(3%)
This is a sneaky Saluki team in terms of playoff relevancy but after their big win in Vermillion today they may not be sneaking up on anyone anymore. Their next 3 games are very winnable before their finale against NDSU. 7-5 just might be good enough to get this team in and 8-4 is obviously a lock. If they keep it up they might be the best comeback story in the FCS this year.

Playoff hopes on life support

South Dakota (3-5, 2-2)
Bad losses: Houston Baptist
Remaining games: @WIU(83%), YSU(60%), @NDSU(1%), SDSU(19%)
The Coyotes had to have it today against SIU and they didn't get the win. They're not technically dead yet but the schedule is, as usual for them, brutal down the stretch with a 2 game finish @NDSU and home vs SDSU so the good news is if they go on a run they'll have the wins to get them in at 7-5 but it's incredibly unlikely they pick up those wins since they haven't really looked like a playoff team all year.

Indiana St (3-5, 1-3)
Bad losses: Dayton, @USD
Remaining games: SIU(39%), @UNI(7%), YSU(36%), @MSU(57%)
The Sycamores aren't technically eliminated but they may just as well be. Even if they win out I think they'd still need help at 7-5. Their schedule isn't too tough outside of a road trip to Cedar Falls but it still seems unlikely that this team can catch lightning in a bottle again this year and get to 7-5.

Eliminated

Missouri St (1-6), 1-3) - All the Bears can do at this point is play spoiler and each of the remaining teams on their schedule still have playoff hopes so they could break some hearts still in 2019.
Western Illinois (0-8, 0-4) - 2019 has simply been a season to forget for the Leathernecks. Unfortunately their finishing schedule is pretty tough so 0-12 is a very real possibility for them.

ST_Lawson
October 26th, 2019, 09:56 PM
Well, I'm out of town this weekend, so I wasn't able to actually watch our game against YSU, although I got scoring alerts for it. I'm pretty sure I know enough to say officially that this is rock bottom for our program.

I'll get home tomorrow evening and maybe I'll watch the replay of the Bison/Bunnies game. Looks like that was one for the ages.

At this point, I'm just a MVFC fan now. We'll lose out the rest of our games and finish with a whimper at the unidome, good luck to the rest of you on the remainder of your seasons and into the playoffs (for those of you who that applies to).

Sycamore62
October 26th, 2019, 10:50 PM
Well, I'm out of town this weekend, so I wasn't able to actually watch our game against YSU, although I got scoring alerts for it. I'm pretty sure I know enough to say officially that this is rock bottom for our program.

I'll get home tomorrow evening and maybe I'll watch the replay of the Bison/Bunnies game. Looks like that was one for the ages.

At this point, I'm just a MVFC fan now. We'll lose out the rest of our games and finish with a whimper at the unidome, good luck to the rest of you on the remainder of your seasons and into the playoffs (for those of you who that applies to).

i figured your rock bottom was the week after we lost our 33 straight game a few years ago

Thumper 76
October 26th, 2019, 10:57 PM

Sir, we would happily welcome you into the Jackrabbit ranks as your secondary team :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 27th, 2019, 06:46 AM
I see USD gave up over 300 yards rushing to SIU and they still play no defense....xrolleyesx

Nielsen is not the answer at coach. More than enough time to get a defense and it hasn't happened. But he has a contract until the 2020s somewhere....22 or 23.....nice work USD.....xcoffeex

The bottom of the Valley is crap.

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2019, 07:16 AM
It'll be interesting to see how SDSU comes out next week in their game at Missouri St. There could not be a bigger contrast in game atmospheres from this week to next for them. They'll have to bring their own energy next week which is easier said than done considering the events of this weekend down in Brookings.

I'd expect them to win regardless but wouldn't be surprised if they have a lethargic showing especially if they'll be rolling with a backup QB.

JacksFan40
October 27th, 2019, 09:02 AM
It'll be interesting to see how SDSU comes out next week in their game at Missouri St. There could not be a bigger contrast in game atmospheres from this week to next for them. They'll have to bring their own energy next week which is easier said than done considering the events of this weekend down in Brookings.

I'd expect them to win regardless but wouldn't be surprised if they have a lethargic showing especially if they'll be rolling with a backup QB.
It’s going to be rough going from almost 20k fans who were loud and electric all game, too now playing in front of 7k at best, and hardly any of them will actually cheer.

JacksFan40
October 27th, 2019, 09:06 AM
It’s going to be rough going from almost 20k fans who were loud and electric all game, too now playing in front of 7k at best, and hardly any of them will actually cheer.
Also if I had to make a prediction for the game I bet it’ll be similar to LIU and Drake. Jacks will win relatively easy but it won’t be a very inspiring win, but I don’t see a way Missouri State wins this one.
I predict some where around 31-7.

POD Knows
October 27th, 2019, 09:15 AM
It’s going to be rough going from almost 20k fans who were loud and electric all game, too now playing in front of 7k at best, and hardly any of them will actually cheer.The stars were aligned for SDSU to win the conference this year, virtually every tough game you have, NDSU, UNI, ISUr was a home a game, hell, you even got to play an improved SIU at home. Your away games, YSU (not garbage but they are within smelling distance of it), ISUb (hot garbage), Springfield (yea), USD (apparently in free fall towards garbage land), seemed like a nice setup and will probably result in a one loss conference schedule for SDSU. I see you you guys at a 3 seed if you win out, don't choke or you will end up in Fargo again. xnodx

semobison
October 27th, 2019, 09:23 AM
Don't sleep on the Salukis! They have put up impressive numbers the last two weeks against the Guins and the Yotes and their next three games are the Trees, Necks and the Bears. They could be hosting the Bison with a playoff spot on the line in the conference finale!

Professor Chaos
October 27th, 2019, 09:42 AM
Don't sleep on the Salukis! They have put up impressive numbers the last two weeks against the Guins and the Yotes and their next three games are the Trees, Necks and the Bears. They could be hosting the Bison with a playoff spot on the line in the conference finale!
I think they could make the playoffs even without beating NDSU if they get to 7-5 (5-3). Losses would be to SEMO, Arkansas St, SDSU, Illinois St, and NDSU. No bad losses in that group (at least as it looks now). If the wins over UT Martin and YSU hold up as quality wins they'll have that and an FBS win over UMass the selection committee can point to as justification to put them in the field (I know, UMass probably wouldn't be a top 40 FCS team but the committee gets a semi just seeing any FBS win on a bubble team's resume).

POD Knows
October 27th, 2019, 09:57 AM
I think they could make the playoffs even without beating NDSU if they get to 7-5 (5-3). Losses would be to SEMO, Arkansas St, SDSU, Illinois St, and NDSU. No bad losses in that group (at least as it looks now). If the wins over UT Martin and YSU hold up as quality wins they'll have that and an FBS win over UMass the selection committee can point to as justification to put them in the field (I know, UMass probably wouldn't be a top 40 FCS team but the committee gets a semi just seeing any FBS win on a bubble team's resume).Yep, this could shape up as a really important game in no man's land in southern Ill. NDSU might need it just to win the conference title alone. May have to rethink my plans about not going to this game if it shakes out like it looks like it might.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 27th, 2019, 10:23 AM

Good, then they might play better.

Their defense does nothing that will stop the Bison offense.

Here is a stat for you: Bison have given up 8 TDs in 8 games. Salukis have given up 28 in 8 games. Not that bad but when comparing schedules so far....it is not that impressive.

Their offense? They do nothing that will beat the Bison defense consistently.

But hats off to them for turning it around from a crappy start. And yes, their next 3 games are definitely winnable.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, this could shape up as a really important game in no man's land in southern Ill. NDSU might need it just to win the conference title alone. May have to rethink my plans about not going to this game if it shakes out like it looks like it might.

Make the trip. I'm heading down for this one. YSU will be the only Valley stadium I need to get to now.

JacksFan40
October 27th, 2019, 12:35 PM
The stars were aligned for SDSU to win the conference this year, virtually every tough game you have, NDSU, UNI, ISUr was a home a game, hell, you even got to play an improved SIU at home. Your away games, YSU (not garbage but they are within smelling distance of it), ISUb (hot garbage), Springfield (yea), USD (apparently in free fall towards garbage land), seemed like a nice setup and will probably result in a one loss conference schedule for SDSU. I see you you guys at a 3 seed if you win out, don't choke or you will end up in Fargo again. xnodx
We always choke, it’s in our nature.

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2019, 12:44 PM
The stars were aligned for SDSU to win the conference this year, virtually every tough game you have, NDSU, UNI, ISUr was a home a game, hell, you even got to play an improved SIU at home. Your away games, YSU (not garbage but they are within smelling distance of it), ISUb (hot garbage), Springfield (yea), USD (apparently in free fall towards garbage land), seemed like a nice setup and will probably result in a one loss conference schedule for SDSU. I see you you guys at a 3 seed if you win out, don't choke or you will end up in Fargo again. xnodx

From that perspective yes. But at the moment there’s a very real possibility we will be playing every one of those game without our starting qb and likely starting a true freshman. Not an excuse, but that’s a long ways from “stars aligned to win the conference”.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 27th, 2019, 03:09 PM
From that perspective yes. But at the moment there’s a very real possibility we will be playing every one of those game without our starting qb and likely starting a true freshman. Not an excuse, but that’s a long ways from “stars aligned to win the conference”.

Keep it simple for the QB. Lean heavily on the OL and Strong. Get the ball to Johnson in space and let him make plays. Let the defense be themselves. Really, I don't think the Jacks will have much trouble with who they have left and the home games.

I will be really surprised if the Jacks don't finish 10-2. Too much talent not to.

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2019, 04:07 PM
Keep it simple for the QB. Lean heavily on the OL and Strong. Get the ball to Johnson in space and let him make plays. Let the defense be themselves. Really, I don't think the Jacks will have much trouble with who they have left and the home games.

I will be really surprised if the Jacks don't finish 10-2. Too much talent not to.

Never underestimate our ability to screw up against UNI at home.....

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2019, 04:28 PM
i figured your rock bottom was the week after we lost our 33 straight game a few years ago

Close, but we did win 1 game that year and we rebounded the next year with a good season, playoff appearance, and finalists in the Payton, Buchanan, and Robinson awards.

This year there will not be a win, and there will be no rebound next year. We're in bad shape, and by all appearances, might end up rivaling that long losing streak you guys had.

We have only a handful of actual DI-level players, and a HC that really needed another 4 years as a coordinator or a few years as maybe a DII HC before being thrust into a HC position in the toughest FCS conference.

I've heard good things about our QB that transferred in this year from DII, but he's not eligible until next year, and he's not going to be able to do much if the O-line keeps playing like they have. Even at his best, I'm sure he's no Trey Lance or even Ryan Boyle.

We're just in a situation now that's going to take years to dig out of...if we dig out of it at all.

EDIT....
Ah, but the good old days... http://www.chicagonow.com/prairie-state-pigskin/2019/10/sixty-years-ago-western-illinois-dominated-the-football-landscape/

ST_Lawson
October 30th, 2019, 07:52 PM
It's not really directly related to football (but God knows, I don't want to talk about our football team this year), but I thought some of you guys might appreciate this.

A lifelong Macomb resident, US Marine Corps veteran, and Western Illinois alumni, John Moon, passed away Tuesday at the age of 103. Until his death, Moon was believed to be the oldest surviving Marine from the battle of Iwo Jima. He was also known as an avid bowler and singer, singing the national anthem at WIU basketball and football games a few times over the last few years.
https://wgem.com/2019/10/30/lifetime-macomb-resident-and-wwii-vet-dies-at-103/

Here's a story that one of the local TV stations did on him two years ago: https://khqa.com/news/local/macomb-wwii-veteran-defines-what-it-means-to-be-100-years-old

And here he is singing the national anthem at Military Appreciation Night at a WIU Women's Basketball game in January 2018 at the age of 101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFTlNuEzHS8

skinny_uncle
October 31st, 2019, 12:31 AM
I think they could make the playoffs even without beating NDSU if they get to 7-5 (5-3). Losses would be to SEMO, Arkansas St, SDSU, Illinois St, and NDSU. No bad losses in that group (at least as it looks now). If the wins over UT Martin and YSU hold up as quality wins they'll have that and an FBS win over UMass the selection committee can point to as justification to put them in the field (I know, UMass probably wouldn't be a top 40 FCS team but the committee gets a semi just seeing any FBS win on a bubble team's resume).

I like the way you think. The Salukis were missing a couple of their team captains in the first two conference games. They really look better since their return in the YSU game. If they make the playoffs, I expect them to beat someone.

clenz
October 31st, 2019, 08:41 AM
UNI is the exact opposite this year

Road games
NDSU
SDSU
ISUr
MSU

Home
YSU
USD
ISUb
WIU

Also on the road:
Top 30 caliber FBS
#top 5 Weber State

dewey
October 31st, 2019, 08:53 AM
Never underestimate our ability to screw up against UNI at home.....

In the regular season UNI may get SDSU but the Bunnies own the Panthers in the playoffs. Kind of sounds familiar:-)

Dewey

clenz
October 31st, 2019, 08:56 AM
In the regular season UNI may get SDSU but the Bunnies own the Panthers in the playoffs. Kind of sounds familiar:-)

Dewey
They've played 1 time in the playoffs, so I guess being 1-0 is "owning"

That game was also in Brookings.

The way the season has/could play out the rest of the way, with Gibbs out, SDSU could end up playing UNI in the Dome in the playoffs just as likely as they would in Brookings.

POD Knows
October 31st, 2019, 09:01 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAgree and the QB injury thing, that is a yuge loss, my comments where with respect to the schedule as it sits. That is outside of the other things that happen during a season.

POD Knows
October 31st, 2019, 09:02 AM
UNI is the exact opposite this year

Road games
NDSU
SDSU
ISUr
MSU

Home
YSU
USD
ISUb
WIU

Also on the road:
Top 30 caliber FBS
#top 5 Weber State
Yep, that is brutal.

F'N Hawks
October 31st, 2019, 09:09 AM
It appears SDSU is down to 3 QB's on the roster. Two true freshman and one junior, who they just benched because he apparently isn't good enough. Yikesville.

clenz
October 31st, 2019, 09:12 AM
It appears SDSU is down to 3 QB's on the roster. Two true freshman and one junior, who they just benched because he apparently isn't good enough. Yikesville.
I can't say much - UNI is an injury away from McElvain away from being down to 3

2 true freshman
1 rSo who has taken about 7 career snaps

dewey
October 31st, 2019, 09:13 AM

The way the season has/could play out the rest of the way, with Gibbs out, SDSU could end up playing UNI in the Dome in the playoffs just as likely as they would in Brookings.

DOH! I was wrong. I was thinking it was more for some reason. However, you are correct if Gibbs is out for a while UNI could become a top 8 or top 5 seed.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2019, 09:14 AM
I believe they had a pretty decent looking FBS transfer that Gibbs beat out for the starting job in the fall who promptly transferred again. I wonder if he regrets that decision considering he would've gotten plenty of PT this year if he was the clear #2 QB?

caribbeanhen
October 31st, 2019, 09:17 AM

2 and oh is owning in my book

JacksFan40
October 31st, 2019, 09:28 AM
DOH! I was wrong. I was thinking it was more for some reason. However, you are correct if Gibbs is out for a while UNI could become a top 8 or top 5 seed.

Dewey
I don’t see why people are convinced losing Gibbs will end our seed hopes. Sure it’ll hurt but even without him SDSU only lost by 7 to NDSU. The running game is unstoppable right now and if the new QB whoever it’ll be can perform modestly SDSU should run the table the rest of the way.

ysubigred
October 31st, 2019, 09:38 AM

Dewey

UNI + PLAYOFF's = https://media.makeameme.org/created/uk-choke-time.jpg

I know at least UNI makes the playoff's xbabycryx

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2019, 09:58 AM
I don’t see why people are convinced losing Gibbs will end our seed hopes. Sure it’ll hurt but even without him SDSU only lost by 7 to NDSU. The running game is unstoppable right now and if the new QB whoever it’ll be can perform modestly SDSU should run the table the rest of the way.
Agreed. And if SDSU finishes 10-2 I think they've got a great shot at the #3 seed along with avoiding the potential NDSU/SDSU matchup until Frisco that everyone (at NDSU and SDSU at least) is clamoring for. The winner of the Sac St/Weber St game probably has that spot on lockdown at least for now but if SDSU runs the table they'll pick up nice wins over UNI and ISUr. It'll be interesting to see how the committee would view a 2 loss SDSU vs a 2 loss Sac St/Weber St. Do they take the lazy route and give the Big Sky team the edge since they don't have an FCS loss or do they recognize the fact that NDSU is probably better than any of the 4 FBS teams those 2 Big Sky teams lost to (FWIW both Massey and Sagarin think NDSU is better than Arizona St, San Diego St, Nevada, and Fresno St)?

Bison56
October 31st, 2019, 10:22 AM
Agreed. And if SDSU finishes 10-2 I think they've got a great shot at the #3 seed along with avoiding the potential NDSU/SDSU matchup until Frisco that everyone (at NDSU and SDSU at least) is clamoring for. The winner of the Sac St/Weber St game probably has that spot on lockdown at least for now but if SDSU runs the table they'll pick up nice wins over UNI and ISUr. It'll be interesting to see how the committee would view a 2 loss SDSU vs a 2 loss Sac St/Weber St. Do they take the lazy route and give the Big Sky team the edge since they don't have an FCS loss or do they recognize the fact that NDSU is probably better than any of the 4 FBS teams those 2 Big Sky teams lost to (FWIW both Massey and Sagarin think NDSU is better than Arizona St, San Diego St, Nevada, and Fresno St)?

I still think they give the 3 seed to the winner of the Weber/Sac game provided they win out.

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2019, 10:30 AM
I still think they give the 3 seed to the winner of the Weber/Sac game provided they win out.
Yeah probably... even if SDSU beats UNI and ISUr one of those Big Sky teams will most likely have the edge in quality wins. Weber St though still has a game at Montana after this though. So if Weber St wins the game this weekend and then loses in Missoula things really get messy for those top 3 Big Sky teams which would probably open up the #3 spot.

dewey
November 1st, 2019, 10:29 PM
The MVFC is naming its top players at each position.

Today they released the top 5 quarterbacks.

https://valley-football.org/news/2019/10/30/football-celebrating-35-years-top-mvfc-qbs.aspx

Dewey

clenz
November 1st, 2019, 10:32 PM
It's a very recency and beans name bias list

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2019, 10:34 PM
The MVFC is naming its top players at each position.

Today they released the top 5 quarterbacks.

https://valley-football.org/news/2019/10/30/football-celebrating-35-years-top-mvfc-qbs.aspx

Dewey

https://twitter.com/ST_Lawson/status/1190352292983328768

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2019, 08:41 AM
https://twitter.com/ST_Lawson/status/1190352292983328768I guess this selection is not a stat competition because given how few college games Wentz actually played, he would be well out of the conversation for this.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2019, 08:46 AM
I guess this selection is not a stat competition because given how few college games Wentz actually played, he would be well out of the conversation for this.
Mentioned this on Bisonville but Wentz was never even better than honorable mention on an all-conference team. The guys who were ahead of him: Tre Roberson, Mike Perish, Mark Ianotti, and Aaron Bailey.

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2019, 08:49 AM
Mentioned this on Bisonville but Wentz was never even better than honorable mention on an all-conference team. The guys who were ahead of him: Tre Roberson, Mike Perish, Mark Ianotti, and Aaron Bailey.Streveler from USD is sort of an oversight on this list as well.

ST_Lawson
November 2nd, 2019, 08:03 PM
Streveler from USD is sort of an oversight on this list as well.

Also true. He dragged that team kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2019, 08:06 PM
MVFC playoff outlook time! 2 teams eliminated today so only 6 teams left with a shot at making the playoffs. Realistically it seems likely the conference gets 4 bids with a possibility of 5 if things shake out the right way. Here's how I see it ordered by the teams that have the easiest road to the playoffs (or are already in) to the teams that have the toughest road.

I made an addition this year of adding Massey's win % for each of the remaining games for team's in contention. Those numbers don't take into account today's games yet.

Locks

North Dakota St (9-0, 5-0)
Quality wins: UND, @ISUr, UNI, @SDSU, YSU
Remaining games: WIU(100%), USD(99%), @SIU(95%)
The Bison were clicking on all cylinders today and are looking every bit like the championship teams of years past. They've put up an impressive resume of quality wins together en route to their 9-0 start. They've got a couple games that should be gimmes these next two weeks at home. That season finale in Carbondale won't be a gimme and but they might not even need it to secure homefield advantage until Frisco.

Should be in

South Dakota St (7-2, 4-1)
Quality wins: SIU, @YSU
Remaining games: ISUr(87%), UNI(82%), @USD(89%)
The Jackrabbits got back on track to day behind their backup QB Keaton Heide and would be sitting pretty as a top 4 seed if the regular season ended today. However, they won't be able to coast to wins over these next two at home against UNI and Illinois St who I'm sure will test their young QB. Even if they win out they probably need some help from either JMU or the winner of the Weber St/Sac St game tonight in the last 3 weeks to move up from #4 but they can probably drop a game at this point and still land in the seeds.

Northern Iowa (6-3, 4-1)
Quality wins: YSU, @ISUr
Remaining games: ISUb(95%), @SDSU(18%), WIU(99%)
The Panthers are in great shape after picking up a huge road win against Illinois St today. They've got a showdown looming in Brookings in two weeks but winning home games against Indiana St and WIU will get them to at least to 8-4 (6-2) which should get them in easily and perhapes even as a seed. If they can win their last 3 they're certainly going to be a seed maybe even a top 4 seed.

Work left to do

Illinois St (6-3, 3-2)[/i]
Quality wins: @SIU
Remaining games: @SDSU(13%), MSU(97%), @YSU(53%)
Despite their loss today and not having much for quality wins the Redbirds are in a pretty good spot for the playoffs since they've avoided any bad losses. Their next game at SDSU could be the big win that has eluded them to this point in the season but they could lose that one and still be fine if they win their last two to get to 8-4 (5-3). They've definetly got work to do though still since that season finale in Youngstown won't be a gimme.

Southern Illinois (5-4, 3-2)
Quality wins: @UMass, UT-Martin, YSU
Remaining games: MSU(94%), @WIU(91%), NDSU(5%)
This is a sneaky Saluki team in terms of playoff relevancy but they're on a 3 game win streak and are in fine shape for the playoffs with 3 games remaining. Their next 2 games are very winnable before their finale against NDSU. 7-5 (5-3) just might be good enough to get this team in and 8-4 is obviously a lock. If they keep it up they might be the best comeback story in the FCS this year.

Must win out

Youngstown St (5-4, 1-4)
Remaining games: @USD(55%), @ISUb(72%), ISUr(47%)
The Penguins loss today against NDSU was significant although not unexpected but the bigger loss is the likely season ending injury to their starting QB Nathan Mays. The schedule in their last 3 isn't insurmountable but they can't afford another loss which might be a tall order with a backup QB. It seems pretty plausible that they could go into their season finale vs Illinois St as a 7-4 team that is in a "win and your in" scenario.

Eliminated

Indiana St (3-6, 1-4) - The bounces just haven't gone the Sycamores way this year but they've got the opportunity to play spoiler down the stretch if nothing else
South Dakota (3-6, 2-3) - The Coyotes are eliminated a week or two earlier than most expected but this was likely inevitable in any case.
Missouri St (1-7), 1-4) - All the Bears can do at this point is play spoiler and each of the remaining teams on their schedule still have playoff hopes so they could break some hearts still in 2019.
Western Illinois (1-8, 1-4) - 2019 has simply been a season to forget for the Leathernecks but they got their first win today which is a good thing for them because it seems unlikely they'll get another.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 2nd, 2019, 08:31 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice work PC!

xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 2nd, 2019, 08:42 PM
WIU and USD shouldn't be much of a problem.

SIU looks like they might provide a better test. Their defensive play has gone from putrid to mediocre now.

NDSU gets everyone's A game and these last 3 games I expect nothing less from any of them.

BisonFan02
November 2nd, 2019, 09:53 PM
https://twitter.com/ST_Lawson/status/1190352292983328768

I'd yank Wentz and Warner off the list. I get the NFL thing....but neither set the world on fire over a career in the MVFC. Probably gotta keep the winning guys like Jensen and Stick....Taryn too. Long list of guys for the other 2 spots for sure.

JayJ79
November 2nd, 2019, 11:00 PM
I'd yank Wentz and Warner off the list. I get the NFL thing....but neither set the world on fire over a career in the MVFC. Probably gotta keep the winning guys like Jensen and Stick....Taryn too. Long list of guys for the other 2 spots for sure.
they never specified that the criteria was based only on what they did while they were in college. and I don't know of any other Super Bowl MVPs or NFL MVPs that have MVFC ties.
also, this was all done via a "month-long on-line voting campaign" so there is no scientific merit to it whatsoever.

BisonFan02
November 2nd, 2019, 11:04 PM
they never specified that the criteria was based only on what they did while they were in college. and I don't know of any other Super Bowl MVPs or NFL MVPs that have MVFC ties.
also, this was all done via a "month-long on-line voting campaign" so there is no scientific merit to it whatsoever.

Fair enough. I would've just picked a better list of guys who performed while in conference...but that's just me. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2019, 08:16 AM
My 2$ on the Valley tiers right now:

Top tier:

NDSU
SDSU

2nd tier:

UNI

3rd tier:

Ill State
SIU
YSU

4th tier:

MSU
USD
WIU
Ind State

BisonBacker
November 3rd, 2019, 08:19 AM

Top tier:

NDSU
SDSU

2nd tier:

UNI

3rd tier:

Ill State
SIU
YSU

4th tier:

MSU
USD
WIU
Ind State

I think you could do away with the 3rd tier and just lump them in with the rest on the bottom.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2019, 08:31 AM
I think you could do away with the 3rd tier and just lump them in with the rest on the bottom.

You could be right but probably 2 of those teams in the 3rd tier probably will make the playoffs.

Ill State at Youngstown to end the season will be for a playoff stop IMO. I think SIU will finish 7-5 and make it in.

NDSU is going 12-0 for the regular season....xsmileyclapx

I think most Bison fans thought a 9-3 or 10-2 season was going to be considered a huge success with all of the losses from last year. This team is talented and keeps getting better. It is going to be fun watching them beat Oregon next year!!

Honestly, what other FCS team could lose what the Bison have lost and continue on like nothing happened? Zero, IMO.

mmiller_34
November 3rd, 2019, 08:43 AM
We will lose our next two games. Beat USD. End 8-4. We’ll have a first round matchup @ Montana and lose.

Historically UNI and Illinois State are always out “stinker” games. I would be shocked if we won both of them.

JacksFan40
November 3rd, 2019, 08:45 AM
We will lose our next two games. Beat USD. End 8-4. We’ll have a first round matchup @ Montana and lose.
Win or lose it’ll be for a 2nd round trip to Fargo.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2019, 08:54 AM

Historically UNI and Illinois State are always out “stinker” games. I would be shocked if we won both of them.

No way with that defense.

Both of those games are at home and the SDSU defense is elite this year. UNI will be tough.

OL is very good also. Lean on Strong and Johnson to make plays.

I would be shocked if they lost any more. Too much talent to not win those games.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2019, 09:02 AM

Historically UNI and Illinois State are always out “stinker” games. I would be shocked if we won both of them.You have freaking home games against all of your decent opponents, if you guys can't get it done this year, there is no hope for you. xlolx

Redbird 4th & short
November 3rd, 2019, 09:21 AM

Agree historically withe ISUr ... and I suppose we could "play up" again this year, but I would not bet on it this year. We imploded again on offense ... just no sustained confidence on any level .. coaches or players. Yesterday we started well enough, but it was 4 turnovers starting on last drive of 1st half thru the 2nd half. I no longer look to blame our QBs or OCs .. this is on Spack. He thinks he can beat very good defenses with a run game alone .. he keeps his QBs and OCs on a very short leash ... zero mistake mentality is stifling. Game is changing, we still play old school on offense .. and we're not the Bison when it comes to running the ball, no matter how much he tries.

Until we bring in a new OC with new ideas and let him be fully in charge most of the game .. we will be a tough 6-5 or 7-4 footnball program that struggles to do anything special. This is Spacks 11th season, he has yet to recruit and develop a single HS QB who worked out ... not one. Kolbe was his best shot and he had a very nice start in 2016 as RS SO, but he got worse as JR and SR. Note, Spack inherited Matt Brown as true FR in 2009, and was fortunate to get Tre Roberson to transfer. But not a single HS QB recruit has worked out in 11 years ... the offensive game is changing. It's a thing .. and is the one position that holds us back most years. And there is nobody specially waiting their turn .. which is the norm for our QB depth chart. The roster is well stocked everywhere else. But I think there are 15+ D-I colleges with 5 hours of us ... why would a quality HS QB pick ISUr with such a conservative, bordering on paranoid, approach to passing .. there aren't many good ones to begin with, but why would they pick ISUr.

Sorry for rant .. our roster is a top 10 roster if not for QB position and our conservative handling. Spack talks about how good Davis plays in practice .. he says that about most of his QBs .. don't know what to believe, but it aint working. And good rosters are being wasted.

Sycamore62
November 3rd, 2019, 03:16 PM
our Injured Reserve list is top 20

mmiller_34
November 3rd, 2019, 05:31 PM
You have freaking home games against all of your decent opponents, if you guys can't get it done this year, there is no hope for you. xlolx

I know. But watch. It will happen.

- - - Updated - - -

mmiller_34
November 3rd, 2019, 05:32 PM
our Injured Reserve list is top 20

Ouch.

clenz
November 3rd, 2019, 06:04 PM
our Injured Reserve list is top 20Feel that. Since the season opened UNI is down

All American tight end for the season
Our second tight end for the season

We are currently playing a guy at TE that started at LT in game 1 and a guy that was a LB until 2 weeks ago.

Also down a MVFC All Freshman team WR that was leading the team in receptions for the season

Also lost a senior that had started every game in his career to the transfer portal

Had our only senior OL miss the game this weekend

Have our starting running back who suffered his second concussion of the season this past weekend on top of his high ankle sprain. Who knows if he plays for a while

Lost our back up running back to a torn Achilles

We are at a point where we have burned a true freshman a RS and he will now be our secondary back...

Actually maybe primary as our other running back went out of the game this weekend and didn't come back in. So we are down to only true freshman running back this weekend potentially, and only 1 has played in a game.

There's rumors of moving a WR to RB as he played RB in HS, but since we are down 4 pass catchers (3 of the top 4 coming into the season) I doubt we have the ability to do that.

Had our starting center miss games and at 4 games with a full club on his non snapping hand.

All in all UNI is down like 5 or 6 starters in offense since week one.

Would be nice to actually have a full offense for a game. We might actually be good on offense if we had that.

ST_Lawson
November 3rd, 2019, 07:05 PM

Top tier:

NDSU
SDSU

2nd tier:

UNI

3rd tier:

Ill State
SIU
YSU

4th tier:

MSU
USD
WIU
Ind State

Just this year's situation, right? If you're looking at the last few years or so, then I think WIU's earned the right to be at least 3rd tier. This year though...yeah...we suck (although apparently slightly less than USD).

JayJ79
November 3rd, 2019, 08:05 PM
Just this year's situation, right? If you're looking at the last few years or so, then I think WIU's earned the right to be at least 3rd tier. This year though...yeah...we suck (although apparently slightly less than USD).
why would previous years have anything to do with tiers "right now"?

Thumper 76
November 3rd, 2019, 08:20 PM
You have freaking home games against all of your decent opponents, if you guys can't get it done this year, there is no hope for you. xlolx

I mean, we’ve had that every other year for a while now so xlolx

IBleedYellow
November 3rd, 2019, 08:22 PM
I mean, we’ve had that every other year for a while now so xlolx

UNI isn't Hobo Days. That's a W. ISUr is falling fast. Y'all gunna throttle some teams. Get that T3 seed. We party in Frisco.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2019, 08:34 PM
I mean, we’ve had that every other year for a while now so xlolxWell yea, but now is now, next year I won't be able to trash talk about it. Got to strike when the iron is hot.

ST_Lawson
November 3rd, 2019, 08:49 PM
why would previous years have anything to do with tiers "right now"?

Well, you could have meant something like the last 2 years and this year up to "right now".
Or you could have meant just this year up to "right now".
It was unclear to me and I was just wanting some clarification.

BisonFan02
November 3rd, 2019, 09:24 PM
Well, you could have meant something like the last 2 years and this year up to "right now".
Or you could have meant just this year up to "right now".
It was unclear to me and I was just wanting some clarification.

I'm assuming he just means this season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2019, 06:38 AM

What I see for this year.

The bottom 4 are not very good.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2019, 06:47 AM
Trey Lance: 19 TDs and 0 INTs

RFR having a great year.

Plus 8 rushing TDs....I think.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2019, 06:49 AM

RFR having a great year.

Plus 8 rushing TDs....I think.That's pretty good.

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2019, 08:31 AM

RFR having a great year.

Plus 8 rushing TDs....I think.
He's also 2nd in the FCS in passing efficiency at 186.1 only 0.3 behind the leader Reid Sinnett of San Diego and Lance has obviously faced much stiffer competition.

This was Easton Stick through 9 games last year (when he finished runner up in the Payton award voting):

98-171 (57.3%) for 1554 yards (9.1 ypa), 14 TDs, 2 INTs on a 158.3 pass efficiency rating to go along with 69 carries for 388 yards (5.6 ypc) and 10 TDs rushing

Trey Lance through 9 games this year:

109-159 (68.6%) for 1479 yards (9.3 ypa), 19 TDs, 0 INTs on a 186.1 pass efficiency rating to go along with 88 carries for 624 yards (6.8 ypc) and 8 TDs rushing

He's having a nice year so far. :)

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2019, 10:45 AM
He's also 2nd in the FCS in passing efficiency at 186.1 only 0.3 behind the leader Reid Sinnett of San Diego and Lance has obviously faced much stiffer competition.

This was Easton Stick through 9 games last year (when he finished runner up in the Payton award voting):

98-171 (57.3%) for 1554 yards (9.1 ypa), 14 TDs, 2 INTs on a 158.3 pass efficiency rating to go along with 69 carries for 388 yards (5.6 ypc) and 10 TDs rushing

109-159 (68.6%) for 1479 yards (9.3 ypa), 19 TDs, 0 INTs on a 186.1 pass efficiency rating to go along with 88 carries for 624 yards (6.8 ypc) and 8 TDs rushing

He's having a nice year so far. :)Hey look.

We have a QB. Holy crap.

ST_Lawson
November 4th, 2019, 10:49 AM
What I see for this year.

The bottom 4 are not very good.

Accurate.

Bisonator
November 4th, 2019, 11:18 AM

He's pretty much wrapped up the Jerry Rice award. Should have a shot at the Payton if voters had a clue.

ysubigred
November 4th, 2019, 12:49 PM
He's pretty much wrapped up the Jerry Rice award. Should have a shot at the Payton if voters had a clue.

To get the Payton you have to have gaudy friggen high numbers against the Blind Center, Jerry's kids, Amputee U and the Sisters of the poor to get a Payton,, Just saying xeyebrowx

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2019, 01:13 PM
To get the Payton you have to have gaudy friggen high numbers against the Blind Center, Jerry's kids, Amputee U and the Sisters of the poor to get a Payton,, Just saying xeyebrowx

Which, for those watching, has kinda been the Valley this year at times. :D

ysubigred
November 4th, 2019, 01:16 PM

Right! I should have added YSU :(

clenz
November 4th, 2019, 03:18 PM
TIL Illinois State hasn't left the state of Illinois the entire season so far

road games played: WIU SIU EIU NIU
home games: ISUb, NAU, MOSU, MHSU, UNI, NDSU

They leave the state for the first time this weekend on their way to get beat by SDSU.

2 of the final 3 on the road - SD and OH.

They might actually be in playoff bubble trouble given how bad the offense is.

Sycamore62
November 4th, 2019, 03:33 PM
We ran wildcat with 2 different QBs saturday vs SIU. Im literally waiting for Rob Schnieder to be announcing and complain that he hasnt got to play yet.

ST_Lawson
November 4th, 2019, 03:34 PM

I think "Sisters of the poor" probably describes us accurately.

Redbird 4th & short
November 4th, 2019, 03:43 PM
TIL Illinois State hasn't left the state of Illinois the entire season so far

road games played: WIU SIU EIU NIU
home games: ISUb, NAU, MOSU, MHSU, UNI, NDSU

They leave the state for the first time this weekend on their way to get beat by SDSU.

2 of the final 3 on the road - SD and OH.

They might actually be in playoff bubble trouble given how bad the offense is.
Hadn't noticed the all IL road schedule so far.

And yes, our offense sucks most of the time ... but we could still finish 8-4 and would be a playoff lock in year like this. Agree if we go 7-5 .. I doubt we will have a strong argument for bid. But we will be a bubble team in a year like this. Going to be several 7-5 teams in the hunt.

cx500d
November 4th, 2019, 05:22 PM
In other words be in the Southland or big fluffy.

dewey
November 4th, 2019, 10:07 PM

Great stats PC! I new Lance was having a really, really good year but I wasn aware that it was right in line with what Stick did last year (in the year he should have won the Payton).

Dewey

ST_Lawson
November 6th, 2019, 10:08 AM
So, a few weeks ago, Eagles teammates Carson Wentz and Dallas Goedert had a fun bet regarding the outcome of the Dakota Marker Trophy game.

But, did you know that last weekend, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (CFL) teammates (former WIU) QB Sean McGuire and (former USD) QB Chris Streveler had their own little bet about the outcome of last Saturday's game between WIU and USD.

Well, here's Streveler, looking ecstatic in Leatherneck gear:

https://twitter.com/JohnnyMac_18/status/1192074707442511872

Professor Chaos
November 6th, 2019, 10:47 AM
So, a few weeks ago, Eagles teammates Carson Wentz and Dallas Goedert had a fun bet regarding the outcome of the Dakota Marker Trophy game.

But, did you know that last weekend, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (CFL) teammates (former WIU) QB Sean McGuire and (former USD) QB Chris Streveler had their own little bet about the outcome of last Saturday's game between WIU and USD.

Good stuff! Nice to see him doing the Bison horns also. xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
November 6th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Good stuff! Nice to see him doing the Bison horns also. xthumbsupxImagine Streveler running that offense the year he crushed it in 2017. Clearly he wanted to be a Bison.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

cx500d
November 6th, 2019, 09:44 PM

i see he is a fan of the bison, giving the bison horns sign with his hand!

Yote 53
November 7th, 2019, 02:56 PM
That's not a bison horns sign, folks.

ST_Lawson
November 7th, 2019, 02:57 PM
That's not a bison horns sign, folks.

Looks like llama face to me.

JayJ79
November 7th, 2019, 06:14 PM
I'm a big Unicorn fan. the signature hand gesture is extending the middle finger

ST_Lawson
November 7th, 2019, 07:15 PM
I'm a big Unicorn fan. the signature hand gesture is extending the middle finger

I know you're joking, but if you actually do the above "llama face" and extend your middle finger...I think you're doing the Arizona State hand sign...fork 'em...or something.

http://www.slickstermagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/ASU.jpg

JayJ79
November 7th, 2019, 07:41 PM
I know you're joking, but if you actually do the above "llama face" and extend your middle finger...I think you're doing the Arizona State hand sign...fork 'em...or something.

I was always amused when they showed Wichita State cheerleaders throwing the shocker sign.

https://live.staticflickr.com/56/153273330_8f824a7f30.jpg

TheKingpin28
November 7th, 2019, 07:41 PM

I thought that was the spread 'em shocker? xlolx

ST_Lawson
November 7th, 2019, 07:42 PM
I thought that was the spread 'em shocker? xlolx

Well, sure. It is also very similar to a certain other hand sign.

Bison56
November 7th, 2019, 07:43 PM

Didnt even notice the hands

ysubigred
November 7th, 2019, 07:48 PM

http://www.slickstermagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/ASU.jpgHey I'm gonna be at the USC vs ASU game on Saturday will keep my eyes open for these delicious flowers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
November 7th, 2019, 08:29 PM
Well, sure. It is also very similar to a certain other hand sign.

The Bison Horns? :D

ST_Lawson
November 7th, 2019, 08:45 PM
Hey I'm gonna be at the USC vs ASU game on Saturday will keep my eyes open for these delicious flowers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you can pull your eyes away for a second, you can also keep an eye out for someone else you might recognize: https://thesundevils.com/coaches.aspx?rc=3080&path=football

Paladin1aa
November 8th, 2019, 09:38 AM
My girls are just flashing a threesome they had with me. I wish they wouldn’t kiss and tell.xthumbsupx

Bison56
November 8th, 2019, 09:45 AM
My girls are just flashing a threesome they had with me. I wish they wouldn’t kiss and tell.xthumbsupx

That's explains the look of disappointment on their faces.xsmiley_wix

Paladin1aa
November 8th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Yeah, those smiles are telling, Bison56......... lol

Sycamore62
November 8th, 2019, 04:21 PM
1. Ive never been so transfixed on 3 letters.

2. i thought they were celebrating 3rd down.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2019, 06:46 AM
https://westerncourier.com/46068/sports/football-looks-to-upset-no-1-ndsu/

WIU looking to upset the Bison today.

Might be kind of hard with a defense like this:

Total defense: #103
Scoring defense: #96
Rushing defense: #87
Passing defense: #95
Red Zone defense: #120

Plus they are #107 in rushing offense, which doesn't help their defense.

This game will be one where the backups will get a lot of valuable snaps. Coach Entz could name the score but he will take the foot off the pedal.

dewey
November 9th, 2019, 07:40 AM

This game will be one where the backups will get a lot of valuable snaps. Coach Entz could name the score but he will take the foot off the pedal.

Woof! Those defensive statistics are not good.

The Bison have not lost a game in over 2 years. This game should be a whooping.

Happy Gameday and Minnesota firearms deer hunting opener.

Go Bison!

My prediction
NDSU 48
WIU 13

Dewey

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2019, 07:41 AM

It's our local student newspaper, of course they're going to try to find some kind of positive spin on things. And it's not false...they are looking to upset NDSU. It would obviously be a pretty huge upset because the odds are not in our favor.

I think most WIU fans aren't under any false impression that we have much of a chance in this game. Personally, I'm just rooting for no injuries.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2019, 08:08 AM
It's our local student newspaper, of course they're going to try to find some kind of positive spin on things. And it's not false...they are looking to upset NDSU. It would obviously be a pretty huge upset because the odds are not in our favor.

I think most WIU fans aren't under any false impression that we have much of a chance in this game. Personally, I'm just rooting for no injuries.

I would hope they would have the attitude of wanting to win the game and every one they play.

I always love to watch defenses and how they defend the Bison. Most times I miss the Bison offensive play watching the defense and how they scheme.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2019, 08:09 AM
Woof! Those defensive statistics are not good.

The Bison have not lost a game in over 2 years. This game should be a whooping.

Happy Gameday and Minnesota firearms deer hunting opener.

Go Bison!

My prediction
NDSU 48
WIU 13

Dewey

I was out at my shop at 5 this morning working out and could hear some gun shots around 545....xeyebrowx.....still black out....wonder how they could see to shoot....xrolleyesxxlolx

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2019, 08:12 AM
I would hope they would have the attitude of wanting to win the game and every one they play.

I always love to watch defenses and how they defend the Bison. Most times I miss the Bison offensive play watching the defense and how they scheme.

That's the attitude the team has, I'm sure. Most of us fans, however...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 9th, 2019, 08:20 AM
That's the attitude the team has, I'm sure. Most of us fans, however...

When you making the trip up here for a game?

NDSU/WIU are not playing each other for a 2 year cycle starting next year....I guess it will be awhile before you get up here....xpeacex

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2019, 08:32 AM
When you making the trip up here for a game?

NDSU/WIU are not playing each other for a 2 year cycle starting next year....I guess it will be awhile before you get up here....xpeacex

Gotta wait until the kids are old enough to watch themselves for a weekend probably, unless I can pawn them off on the grandparents.

In about a decade, my youngest should be off to college, I'm hoping my wife and I can start making some more longer weekend trips, including some away games.

dewey
November 9th, 2019, 08:35 AM
I was out at my shop at 5 this morning working out and could hear some gun shots around 545....xeyebrowx.....still black out....wonder how they could see to shoot....xrolleyesxxlolx

Considering sunrise was about 715 here in Bemidji and the legal shooting hours is 30 minutes before it would appear as if those hunters were illegally hunting deer🤬

Dewey