PDA

View Full Version : Title Game to Stay in Frisco through 2025

footballer23
January 4th, 2019, 10:25 AM
https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/fcs-championship-will-stay-frisco-through-2025-option-2026

Boom! Love it... this is a great place for the game. Also, an option for 2026.

IBleedYellow
January 4th, 2019, 10:36 AM
The only bid was from Frisco.

Those that bitch about this may want to chill.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
January 4th, 2019, 10:37 AM

How hard are they marketing it? What does it say about FCS that there isn't a single other city in America willing to even entertain the process of potentially hosting the game.

kdinva
January 4th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Personally, I wish that venue sat about 25,000 - 28,000. I think the demand, even if NDSU isn't one of the two teams playing in any particular year, will support an increase in seating....

jmu007
January 4th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Frisco is nice, but the stadium and 11am local start time suck.

POD Knows
January 4th, 2019, 10:40 AM
How hard are they marketing it? What does it say about FCS that there isn't a single other city in America willing to even entertain the process of potentially hosting the game.
Because they are afraid NDSU wont be in it every year and the game will be a bust. xnodx

UpstateBison
January 4th, 2019, 10:45 AM
Personally, I wish that venue sat about 25,000 - 28,000. I think the demand, even if NDSU isn't one of the two teams playing in any particular year, will support an increase in seating....

EWU could not sell their 4K ticket allotment without NDSU fans buying them. What do you think attendance would be if it was say UC-Davis vs KSU? I would guess 8K tops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

footballer23
January 4th, 2019, 10:49 AM

I think the stadium is awesome... yeah it could use a few more seats for when NDSU is there, but when we aren't it's probably not as big of a deal. As far as the game time, I think that is dictated by ESPN... there's not much say over that.

RootinFerDukes
January 4th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Because they are afraid NDSU wont be in it every year and the game will be a bust. xnodx

Well it'll be a bust for Frisco too. The difference is their city is willing to take that risk.

A non-NDSU year (with a sample size of 2 years so far) has consisted of 13 and 14k crowds.

cx500d
January 4th, 2019, 10:54 AM
A 2pm game would be so much nicer!

jmu007
January 4th, 2019, 11:22 AM
I think the stadium is awesome... yeah it could use a few more seats for when NDSU is there, but when we aren't it's probably not as big of a deal. As far as the game time, I think that is dictated by ESPN... there's not much say over that.

My issues are the lack of incline in the seating (too flat) and distance from the field due to it being a soccer stadium. Just not good sight lines. (At least on home side, I’ve never sat on away side)I agree with you that the capacity is fine for FCS.

FargoBison
January 4th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Frisco is nice, but the stadium and 11am local start time suck.The start time is all on ESPN unfortunately. Doubt it changes, especially with it being on NFL playoff Saturday.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

NDSUtk
January 4th, 2019, 11:38 AM

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkI saw Uglem tweet that. But I haven't seen an official statement of that. Any official source?

WWII
January 4th, 2019, 11:38 AM
For me it's great. I'm usually visiting my son in Dallas for the holidays. I've been able to attend a few of the games so far.

NDSUtk
January 4th, 2019, 11:54 AM
I think the stadium is awesome... yeah it could use a few more seats for when NDSU is there, but when we aren't it's probably not as big of a deal. As far as the game time, I think that is dictated by ESPN... there's not much say over that.Start time is all done to avoid going up against the NFL games.

FargoBison
January 4th, 2019, 12:05 PM
It is hard to compete with a city like Frisco that has done a great job with the game and is putting in the effort to keep it.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
January 4th, 2019, 12:10 PM
If other teams and schools don't like it, market the NCAA to make your desired destination better than the greater Frisco area. Frisco and the surrounding communities go out of their way to embrace NDSU and to a lesser extent, the FCS championship game, and they make it an event to look forward to both financially and socially. I haven't been back to Frisco in a long time but I can't blame them for keeping it in a Dallas suburb where transportation to and from the stadium via the Airport and I35/380/North Dallas Tollway is relatively easy and there are things to do in the surrounding areas.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
January 4th, 2019, 12:44 PM
I have no problems with the stadium. It has lots of room for tailgating and different pre-game activities and it close to a major airport for people flying to the game. Indoor games might be nice although it would have to be a college stadium since NFL teams aren't going to give up their stadium when they could have a playoff game.

IBleedYellow
January 4th, 2019, 12:56 PM
Frisco is nice, but the stadium and 11am local start time suck.Only one of those can be controlled by the NCAA.

RootinFerDukes
January 4th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Only one of those can be controlled by the NCAA.

But the big question is, Is the NCAA even trying to control what they can?

X-Factor
January 4th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Frisco seems to always have good football weather (somewhat cold and elements to add an extra dimension to games). But as a vacationing fan I’d selfishly wish the game was in a warmer climate.

Overall I can’t complain with Frisco. The city does a terrific job most years!

IBleedYellow
January 4th, 2019, 01:02 PM
But the big question is, Is the NCAA even trying to control what they can?What else can they control?

Tell Frisco they can't host it because it's a soccer Stadium?

That's like telling others they can't use football stadiums for basketball.

NCAA cares about two things. Money. And making sure student athletes don't earn money.

I'm sure Frisco guarantees to cover certain costs to take the pressure off the NCAA coffers.

RootinFerDukes
January 4th, 2019, 01:06 PM
What else can they control?

Tell Frisco they can't host it because it's a soccer Stadium?

That's like telling others they can't use football stadiums for basketball.

NCAA cares about two things. Money. And making sure student athletes don't earn money.

I'm sure Frisco guarantees to cover certain costs to take the pressure off the NCAA coffers.

What can they control? Actually trying to obtain more than a single bid? That's just pathetic.

IBleedYellow
January 4th, 2019, 01:10 PM
What can they control? Actually trying to obtain more than a single bid? That's just pathetic.You can't force people to bid....

RootinFerDukes
January 4th, 2019, 01:24 PM
You can't force people to bid....

If they marketed it as a no different than the slew of FBS bowls, there'd be venues falling over their feet to host it. A little effort is required.

IBleedYellow
January 4th, 2019, 01:36 PM
If they marketed it as a no different than the slew of FBS bowls, there'd be venues falling over their feet to host it. A little effort is required.Remember that a conference helps host it as well.

Southland conference HQ is here.

DFW HOYA
January 4th, 2019, 02:05 PM

Guess the attendance when UC Davis plays Maine.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du1jh_qXgAEJeA6.jpg

AmsterBison
January 4th, 2019, 02:39 PM
If they marketed it as a no different than the slew of FBS bowls, there'd be venues falling over their feet to host it. A little effort is required.

Pretty sure that the NCAA isn't as susceptible to hookers, payola, and blow as bowl system has historically been.

Let's just say that the bowl system and the Olympics have a lot in common.

TheKingpin28
January 4th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Pretty sure that the NCAA isn't as susceptible to hookers, payola, and blow as bowl system has historically been.

Let's just say that the bowl system and the Olympics have a lot in common.Both use steroids and people only care about curling every 4 years?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Pards Rule
January 5th, 2019, 06:18 AM
Frisco seems to always have good football weather (somewhat cold and elements to add an extra dimension to games). But as a vacationing fan I’d selfishly wish the game was in a warmer climate.

Overall I can’t complain with Frisco. The city does a terrific job most years!

Yeah, once again another year where fans cant hang at an outdoor pool. Its standard for Frisco early January. Was there any NC game where temps in 70s that weekend lol

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 5th, 2019, 07:01 AM
Frisco does a great job and having it here another 5 years is great!

dgtw
January 5th, 2019, 08:37 AM
I have no problems with the stadium. It has lots of room for tailgating and different pre-game activities and it close to a major airport for people flying to the game. Indoor games might be nice although it would have to be a college stadium since NFL teams aren't going to give up their stadium when they could have a playoff game.

The NFL team could have the playoff game on a Sunday.

Mocs123
January 5th, 2019, 08:47 AM
I would love to see Chattanooga host again, but apparently we didn't even bid.

Derby City Duke
January 5th, 2019, 03:46 PM
Not a fan of Toyota Stadium -- mostly because of the crappy scoreboards and sound system. Couldn't tell from the broadcast today if the newly completed south end has better video boards, but I don't think they are much different than those on the other end. And the bandstand north end is just silly looking . Concessions lines on the east side impede movement on the concourse.

But you get what you get when the governing body is satisfied with having their top-tier football championship in a soccer stadium.

RootinFerDukes
January 5th, 2019, 07:35 PM
The concourses at Toyota stadium were way too crowded for the 14,000 crowd for the 2016 season title game. It is worse with 20,000.

It’s a stadium that they decided to put seats in but didn’t think, “hey maybe we need adequate space for those crowds throughout the concourse?”. They knew that even with 20,000 seats at the time, they wouldn’t even see those kind of crowds... or the architects just dropped the ball. Either is possible.

One of many flaws with the facility and it’s operation.

Hammerhead
January 5th, 2019, 08:21 PM
The grass still didn’t look that great. I know grass is preferred for soccer, but some MLS teams have fieldturf like Portland and Seattle.

cx500d
January 6th, 2019, 12:23 AM
The concourses at Toyota stadium were way too crowded for the 14,000 crowd for the 2016 season title game. It is worse with 20,000.

It’s a stadium that they decided to put seats in but didn't put much space for crowds in the concourse, because, well, its a soccer stadium in Texas and there are no crowds.

FYP

cx500d
January 6th, 2019, 12:25 AM
The grass still didn’t look that great. I know grass is preferred for soccer, but some MLS teams have fieldturf like Portland and Seattle.

Grass seemed fine walking on it post-game. I was afraid it would be Towson-redux with all the rain