PDA

View Full Version : CAA 2019 Off-Season Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

TJT
June 7th, 2019, 11:41 AM
https://twitter.com/RhodyTickets/status/1126224653125652481

RootinFerDukes
June 7th, 2019, 04:23 PM
What specifically is changing at Rhody’s field?

By the way, JMU is getting new turf this year.
It was fading and it’ll now have our updating logo branding. No more duke dog at midfield.

TJT
June 7th, 2019, 10:24 PM
What specifically is changing at Rhody’s field?

Artificial turf replacing natural grass and finally getting lights installed.

RootinFerDukes
June 8th, 2019, 08:31 AM

Will there finally be some Rhode Island night games? Welcome to the world of investing in your football program. Facility upgrades help with recruiting.

BDKJMU
June 8th, 2019, 06:39 PM
Such a shame. URI and Elon were the only 2 left in the CAA doing it right. Real grass (none of that fake ****), and no track around the field.

I believe that leaves Elon as the only CAA team with a grass surface.

caribbeanhen
June 9th, 2019, 07:14 AM

taking out the grass? I won't be watching any more Rhode games

Gangtackle11
June 9th, 2019, 10:43 AM
I hope Delaware gets on the Ricky Ortega bandwagon really soon - it will be a prolonging of the "Newark Nightmare" when it comes to Nova if Ortega would end up on the Main Line.

https://twitter.com/rickyortga_1/status/1137026578297380864?s=21

He announced his top 7. Dirty filthy birds nowhere to be found. xpeacex

Little Stevie
June 9th, 2019, 12:32 PM
Have mixed feeling about the syn. turf going in at Rhody.
Love grass,but at URI (with turf majors and turf farm) had trouble keeping it up.
Did not look good and like playing on pool table.
Syn. turf eliminates a lot of maintenance,more use,typically part of any stadium upgrade and kids like playing on it.
even high schools have it.

Henny
June 9th, 2019, 06:31 PM
https://twitter.com/rickyortga_1/status/1137026578297380864?s=21

He announced his top 7. Dirty filthy birds nowhere to be found. xpeacex

LOL!!!

The Hens signed incoming QB Cade Pribula

Pribula brings quite a pedigree from his high school career, where he set league records for most passing TDs (65) and yards (6,782) in a career. He was a three-time all-league honoree and finished his time at Central York by throwing for 2,866 yards and 31 TDs as a senior. He also rushed for over 1,000 yards and 17 TDs during his career. Pribula was also a star on the basketball court, starting three years at Central York. He earned Distinguised Honor Roll every semester of his high school career and received interest from Albany, Buffalo and Sacred Heart.

Gangtackle11
June 10th, 2019, 07:05 AM
LOL!!!

The Hens signed incoming QB Cade Pribula

Pribula brings quite a pedigree from his high school career, where he set league records for most passing TDs (65) and yards (6,782) in a career. He was a three-time all-league honoree and finished his time at Central York by throwing for 2,866 yards and 31 TDs as a senior. He also rushed for over 1,000 yards and 17 TDs during his career. Pribula was also a star on the basketball court, starting three years at Central York. He earned Distinguised Honor Roll every semester of his high school career and received interest from Albany, Buffalo and Sacred Heart.

You should inform your fan base as it came from a Bluehen fan. Lol. xpeacex

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 10th, 2019, 07:10 AM
I was at this game, 7-8,000 tops, the Hens could not get out of their own way. Before the game I heard Delaware fans saying "This should be over quickly.... Is Sacred Heart a D3 team...? I believe Delaware was ranked at the time as well, like # 24 or 25.

Bluefish-Wow, just went to your site and saw your AD is having a 21 million dollar recreation center built. Looks like he is doing a heckuva job for you guys. Does Bobby V. ever travel with the team he would certainly be a hoot to meet. You guys had a pretty good year what are you expecting this year? Can't wait till 8/30 would advise leaving early as Friday of Labor day weekend is a huge travel day in the Northeast, might be best to travel Thursday actually.

bluehenbillk
June 10th, 2019, 07:28 AM
You should inform your fan base as it came from a Bluehen fan. Lol. xpeacex

I hope Pribula is a talent for UD - too early to tell. Rocco has made some mistakes IMO at this position already so we'll see how Ortega turns out. I've seen him play - he's a gamechanger no doubt. Nova would be lucky to have him.

Tribe4SF
June 10th, 2019, 12:56 PM
I hope Pribula is a talent for UD - too early to tell. Rocco has made some mistakes IMO at this position already so we'll see how Ortega turns out. I've seen him play - he's a gamechanger no doubt. Nova would be lucky to have him.

Pribula looked ok in the Big33, but was outshined by Kane Everson who took over the game for PA. Everson is coming to W&M, but will play WR not QB.

BDKJMU
June 10th, 2019, 05:48 PM
CAA teams G5/P5 transfers. These are just the ones I was able to come up with from each CAA teams’ Winter, Spring and Summer news releases, 2019 roster, and the transfer portal. Count is up to 33. Might be missing a couple. Seems to be more league wide than I can ever remember.

UD (6)
-rJr LB Dae’lun Darien, Penn St (3 star)
-rJr CB D'Juan Moore, Kansas
-rSo CB Zachariah Burton, UVa
-rFr RB Will Knight, ODU (2 star)
-rFr LB Javar Garrett, Virginia (3 star)
-rFr LB Isaiah Schoonmaker, Miami of Ohio

UR (5)
-Gr WR Charlie Fessler, Northwestern (3 star)
-Gr WR Keyston Fuller, Duke (3 star)
-Gr S Brandon Feamster, Duke (3 star 247/2 star Rivals). (6’3”/205). Last 3 seasons played in 37 of 38 games. Started last 7 games last season.
-Gr LB Jimmy Marchese, Illinois (walkon, did start a couple games couple years ago).
-rSo QB Beau English, Air Force (2 star)

Maine (4)
-rSr Emmanuel Reed, Buffalo (2 star). 2016-2018 29 games, 288 carries, 1244 yards, 10 TDs. Started 9 games 2017.
-rJr WR Jacob Hennie, 2 seasons New Mexico/1 season Mt San Antonio College (2 star 247).
-rSo RB Jordan Rowell, NIU
-rSo TE Ori Jean-Charles, Louisville (was a preferred walkon there).

TU (4)
-rSo WR Darian Street, Pitt (3 star)
-rSo OL Darion Bryant, Temple (3 star)
-rFr DT Jesus Gibbs, USC (3 star)
-rSo P Shane McDonough, Marshall

W&M (4)
-Gr DL Darius Fullwood, VT (3 star)
-Gr WR Sean Daniel, VT
-Gr QB Kilton Anderson, Fresno St/New Mex Military/CCU (3 star 247/2 star Rivals). 2015 Fresno St played 8 games/5 starts. 2017-2018 CCU played 15 games/8 starts.
-rJr OL Andrew Trainer, Illinois (3 star)

Albany (4)
-Gr FB Max Anthony, Rutgers
-rJr QB Griffin Dahn, Nevada
-rJr RB Alex James, CCU (2 star)
-Jr DL MJ Crazier, Kent St

JMU (3)
-Gr WR Brandon Polk, PSU (4 star 247, 3 star Rivals) 10 career starts, 3 as a true Fr, 7 last season.
-rFr WR Dillon Spalding, WVU (3 star)
-rFr DE Antonio Colclough, Temple (3 star 247, 2 star Rivals)

SBU (2)
-rJr WR Brandon Benson, SMU (3 star)
-rSo OL James Tunstall, UConn (2 star)

Elon (1)
-rJr ILB Tyler Sponseller, Cincinnatti (3 star)

None announced yet that I could find:
UNH
VU
URI

Looks like 4 proven players with multiple career starts:
-PSU WR to JMU.
-Duke safety to UR.
-Buffalo RB to Maine.
-Fresno St/CCU QB to W&M.

Bluefish845
June 10th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Cen Maine -Over the past 5 yrs the only away game I saw Bobby V at was Central Ct, basically a very local game. There might be a chance he would attend one of the new schools who recently joined the NEC LIU & Merrimack. But I really don't think he would make that trip to Orono. I would've loved to go to that game if it was a year earlier. My son played with 2 of your offensive linemen. I saw Cody Levy 2 weeks ago and he is absolutely HUGE!! He still has hopes up for a phone call, I hope he gets it. SHU will be very heavy on the run, SHU's historic strength. They are searching for the next QB and quality receiver to fill the shoes of graduates. Defense will be solid, very young last year and did pretty well.

KPSUL
June 10th, 2019, 07:55 PM
CAA teams G5/P5 transfers. Who am I missing and what mistakes do I have?

VU
URI

Looks like 3 proven players with multiple career starts- the PSU WR to JMU, the Duke safety to UR, and the Fresno St/CCU QB to W&M.

None announced, ever!

​UNH

caribbeanhen
June 10th, 2019, 08:51 PM
GT, how is it that the Nova D Coordinator has now let 2 of his precious sons commit to the Filthy Dirty Birds as you like to call them?

Gangtackle11
June 10th, 2019, 10:48 PM
GT, how is it that the Nova D Coordinator has now let 2 of his precious sons commit to the Filthy Dirty Birds as you like to call them?

carrib......please keep up.....the Dad is no longer at Villanova.....good try though....enjoy the boys....xpeacex

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 11th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Cen Maine -Over the past 5 yrs the only away game I saw Bobby V at was Central Ct, basically a very local game. There might be a chance he would attend one of the new schools who recently joined the NEC LIU & Merrimack. But I really don't think he would make that trip to Orono. I would've loved to go to that game if it was a year earlier. My son played with 2 of your offensive linemen. I saw Cody Levy 2 weeks ago and he is absolutely HUGE!! He still has hopes up for a phone call, I hope he gets it. SHU will be very heavy on the run, SHU's historic strength. They are searching for the next QB and quality receiver to fill the shoes of graduates. Defense will be solid, very young last year and did pretty well.

Bluefish, nice overview and think you can give us a game. Our defense will be tough with 3 preseason All Americans and an offense that returns alot with some question at RB. The coaching staff seems to be our big question area with the loss of the HC and DC.

Little Stevie
June 11th, 2019, 07:53 AM
when Trainer was at Rhody,he said his kids were too small (LOL).

Gangtackle11
June 11th, 2019, 09:03 AM
when Trainer was at Rhody,he said his kids were too small (LOL).

Both of his boys are 6’1” to 6’2”.

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 11th, 2019, 09:38 AM
CAA teams G5/P5 transfers. Who am I missing and what mistakes do I have?

These are just the ones I was able to come up with from each CAA teams’ Spring news releases, 2019 roster, and the transfer portal, and I'm sure I'm missing a few. Seems to be more league wide than I can ever remember.

UD (5)
-rJr LB Dae’lun Darien, Penn St (3 star)
-rJr D'Juan Moore, CB, Kansas
-rSo Zachariah Burton, CB, UVa
-rFr RB Will Knight, ODU (2 star)
-rFr Javar Garrett, LB, Virginia (3 star)

UR (5)
-Gr WR Charlie Fessler, Northwestern (3 star)
-Gr WR Keyston Fuller, Duke (3 star)
-Gr S Brandon Feamster, Duke (3 star 247/2 star Rivals). (6’3”/205). Last 3 seasons played in 37 of 38 games. Started last 7 games last season.
-Gr LB Jimmy Marchese, Illinois (walkon, did start a couple games couple years ago)
-rSo QB Beau English, Air Force (2 star)

W&M (4)
-Gr DL Darius Fullwood, VT (3 star)
-Gr WR Sean Daniel, VT
-Gr QB Kilton Anderson, Fresno St/New Mex Military/CCU (3 star 247/2 star Rivals). 2015 Fresno St played 8 games/5 starts. 2017-2018 CCU played 15 games/8 starts.
-rJr OL Andrew Trainer, Illinois (3 star)

TU (4)
-rSo WR Darian Street, Pitt (3 star)
-rSo OL Darion Bryant, Temple (3 star)
-rFr DT Jesus Gibbs, USC (3 star)
-rSo P Shane McDonough, Marshall

Albany (4)
-Gr FB Max Anthony, Rutgers
-rJr QB Griffin Dahn, Nevada
-rJr RB Alex James, CCU (2 star)
-Jr DL MJ Crazier, Kent St

JMU (3)
-Gr WR Brandon Polk, PSU (4 star 247, 3 star Rivals) 10 career starts, 3 as a true Fr, 7 last season.
-rFr WR Dillon Spalding, WVU (3 star)
-rFr DE Antonio Colclough, Temple (3 star 247, 2 star Rivals)

SBU (2)
-OL UConn -
-rJr WR Brandon Benson, SMU (3 star)

Maine (1)
-rSo RB Jordan Rowell, NIU

Elon (1)
-rJr ILB Tyler Sponseller, Cincinnatti (3 star)

UNH
VU
URI

Looks like 3 proven players with multiple career starts- the PSU WR to JMU, the Duke safety to UR, and the Fresno St/CCU QB to W&M.

Maine had one other G5/P5 transfer, Ori Jean-Charles a TE from Louisville. He hails from Monset NY and played QB in high school.

caribbeanhen
June 11th, 2019, 02:17 PM
carrib......please keep up.....the Dad is no longer at Villanova.....good try though....enjoy the boys....xpeacex

you mean to tell me he was the Nova DC at one time..... I just made that up..... strange bedfellas indeed

Gangtackle11
June 11th, 2019, 05:46 PM
you mean to tell me he was the Nova DC at one time..... I just made that up..... strange bedfellas indeed

I guess. Wish them well at Delaware. Hopefully they can get the hype of Kardashian’s & perform likewise as inept vs. Nova. xpeacex

Henny
June 12th, 2019, 07:07 AM
I guess. Wish them well at Delaware. Hopefully they can get the hype of Kardashian’s & perform likewise as inept vs. Nova. xpeacex

Big talk for a guy whose program is facing a 3rd straight losing season!

MR. CHICKEN
June 12th, 2019, 09:49 AM
....STREET & SMIFF.......(TOP 25)........CAA:

1 JAMES MADISON (#1)

2 TOWSON (#9)

3 MAINE (#10)

4 DELAWARE (#17)

5 ELON (#18)

6 STONY BROOK

7 RHODE ISLAND

8 RICHMOND

9 NEW HAMPSHIRE

10 VILLANOVA xhypedxxlolxxrotatehxxoopsxxsighxxthumbsdownxxsmil eyclapxxeekxxblahxxsalutexxwhistlexxhighfivexxviol inxxwavexxhurrayxxhugxxsmashxxrolleyesxxhypedx

11 WILLIAM & MARY

12 ALBANY

Gangtackle11
June 12th, 2019, 10:37 AM
Big talk for a for a guy whose program is facing a 3rd straight losing season!

and 8th straight Battle of the Blue trophy.....xpeacex

Gangtackle11
June 12th, 2019, 10:39 AM
....STREET & SMIFF.......(TOP 25)........CAA:

1 JAMES MADISON (#1)

2 TOWSON (#9)

3 MAINE (#10)

4 DELAWARE (#17)

5 ELON (#18)

6 STONY BROOK

7 RHODE ISLAND

8 RICHMOND

9 NEW HAMPSHIRE

10 VILLANOVA xhypedxxlolxxrotatehxxoopsxxsighxxthumbsdownxxsmil eyclapxxeekxxblahxxsalutexxwhistlexxhighfivexxviol inxxwavexxhurrayxxhugxxsmashxxrolleyesxxhypedx

11 WILLIAM & MARY

12 ALBANY

Predictions are for losers.....Where was Towson in last season’s poll? 10 or 11? Maine? 8 or 9th?

Delaware at 4 & 17 tells you that this is rubbish. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
June 12th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Big talk for a guy whose program is facing a 3rd straight losing season!

Dont expect to have a great season, but can’t see how anyone thinks the dirty filthy birds are top 20 material.

Just the facts. 45-10, 28-7, 42-21. You come on here And try to tell us how great the Delaware defenses are . They were out scored 115 to 38 versus less than spectacular Villanova teams. You have an explanation Uncle Henny? xpeacex

bluehenbillk
June 13th, 2019, 07:22 AM
There isn't a sane UD football fan that doesn't know Nova has been our daddy for sometime...

Gangtackle11
June 13th, 2019, 07:27 AM
There isn't a sane UD football fan that doesn't know Nova has been our daddy for sometime...

This may be the year, but until u win at least 2 in a row it’s not going to change my perception. It’s hard for us few Nova fans to take all this Delaware is good for the entire FCS malarkey seriously when every season it’s another beat down even when the Cats aren’t much to look at.

Delaware football is no longer the standard for FCS football & hasn't been in a long time. Just another member of the CAA. I guess just not much to crow about in that postage stamp size state. Equivalent to small man’s complex I reckon?

That said it has the ability to put it together some day with the support from the state, university, etc. The facilities are top notch. Just can’t seem to put it together like the old days.

Nova has their own set of issues. Much different than the Dirty Birds. Football is a after thought to many here. Hard to see it being anything great unless another Andy Talley walks in the door. Doubtful.

We just enjoy the extraordinary run of beating you guys. See ya in November. xpeacex

Henny
June 13th, 2019, 09:57 AM
This may be the year, but until u win at least 2 in a row it’s not going to change my perception. It’s hard for us few Nova fans to take all this Delaware is good for the entire FCS malarkey seriously when every season it’s another beat down even when the Cats aren’t much to look at.

Delaware football is no longer the standard for FCS football & hasn't been in a long time. Just another member of the CAA. I guess just not much to crow about in that postage stamp size state. Equivalent to small man’s complex I reckon?

That said it has the ability to put it together some day with the support from the state, university, etc. The facilities are top notch. Just can’t seem to put it together like the old days.

Nova has their own set of issues. Much different than the Dirty Birds. Football is a after thought to many here. Hard to see it being anything great unless another Andy Talley walks in the door. Doubtful.

We just enjoy the extraordinary run of beating you guys. See ya in November. xpeacex

I guess you have your reasons for droning on and on about the streak but if it makes you feel better...............

There are 10 or 11 other games on the schedule. Just sayin'

I total disagree with you about Delaware is a has been program and will never come back. You obviously weren't in Chattanooga and Frisco when UD was in the championship game 3 times in 8 years.

When UD wins, the fans come back. UD's football program was plagued by a careless administration who hired an incompetent football coach earlier this decade and is still recovering. That's the bottom line.

The $60MM retro fit upgrade with 90,000 sq ft of buildings adjacent to Delaware Stadium (phase 1 of 3) greatly helps the program and an administration that is expecting championships.

Gangtackle11
June 13th, 2019, 10:32 AM
Didn’t say it would never be back, but until then it doesn’t deserve the hype u try to promote here. No one outside the 302 or with Dirty Filthy bird diplomas care less if they do or not. That’s the point here. Don’t twist it to be your agenda. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
June 13th, 2019, 10:46 AM
.....WE LOST......LIKE MID TWENTY....SENIORS.....AN'......PREDICTION MAGAZINE GURUS......HAVE US....IN THE MIDDLE UH THINGS....WE MUST BE CLOSE.........AWQ!

Gangtackle11
June 13th, 2019, 11:08 AM
.....WE LOST......LIKE MID TWENTY....SENIORS.....AN'......PREDICTION MAGAZINE GURUS......HAVE US....IN THE MIDDLE UH THINGS....WE MUST BE CLOSE.........AWQ!

I guess u also said Columbus was close when he set sail for China & wound up in the East Indies. That close maybe. xpeacex

Henny
June 13th, 2019, 11:34 AM
Well this should make for a lively discussion this fall,, looking forward to it!

Gangtackle11
June 13th, 2019, 11:44 AM
How I see Delaware:

Delaware State W
@ Rhode Island L
NDSU L
Penn W
@Pitt L
@Elon L
UNH W
Richmond W
@Towson L
Albany W
Stony Brook W
@Villanova (Henny gets to Pick game)

6-5 coming to Nova. Not that close yet. My predictions are worth as much as the Chicken **** magazines Mr. Red Pompadour reads that has the Dirty, Filthy Birds in Top 20 xpeacex

hoidOfYolen
June 13th, 2019, 02:35 PM
How I see Delaware:

Delaware State W
@ Rhode Island L
NDSU L
Penn W
@Pitt L
@Elon L
UNH W
Richmond W
@Towson L
Albany W
Stony Brook W

6-5 coming to Nova. Not that close yet. My predictions are worth as much as the Chicken **** magazines Mr. Red Pompadour reads that has the Dirty, Filthy Birds in Top 20 xpeacex

You think Delaware will beat Stony Brook but lose to Rhode Island? I would think it might be the other way around.

Gangtackle11
June 13th, 2019, 03:26 PM
You think Delaware will beat Stony Brook but lose to Rhode Island? I would think it might be the other way around.

Splitting hairs. Rhody took Delaware down last season & they are home in this one. You want to give it a split then it doesn’t matter. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
June 13th, 2019, 06:49 PM
Splitting hairs. Rhody took Delaware down last season & they are home in this one. You want to give it a split then it doesn’t matter. xpeacex

URI is missing it’s star QB. He was their season in 2018. The back up wasn’t anything special.

I can’t wait for the season to start. All this back and forth and it’s only mid-June.

Henny
June 14th, 2019, 12:12 PM
How I see Delaware:

Delaware State W
@ Rhode Island L
NDSU L
Penn W
@Pitt L
@Elon L
UNH W
Richmond W
@Towson L
Albany W
Stony Brook W

Yet on the 12 you post the following

Predictions are for losers.....Where was Towson in last season’s poll? 10 or 11? Maine? 8 or 9th?

WTF?

Gangtackle11
June 14th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Yet on the 12 you post the following

WTF?

Bait taken. Showing u that my predictions can be just as bad as the ones u guys are hanging your hat on.....You took the bait. My predictions don’t mean squat nor does the magazine pundits.

Bow everyone because a decade ago Delaware was really good. Uncle Henny says that means something now. He says the facilities will make them winners again like 10,15, 20 years ago.

Unfortunately for Uncle Henny the truth is Delaware like most CAA teams are flawed. No one outside of Smyrna & Wilmington care about the dirty filthy Birds. Sorry to break it to you. Even better we beat them like a rented mule. Their fans like Uncle Henny can’t stand it anymore.

Death, Taxes, & Delaware win.

Just having some fun with you Henny. Don’t get the Sunshine Boys posse from gohens after me. Lol. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
June 14th, 2019, 03:29 PM
Bait taken. Showing u that my predictions can be just as bad as the ones u guys are hanging your hat on.....You took the bait. My predictions don’t mean squat nor does the magazine pundits.

Bow everyone because a decade ago Delaware was really good. Uncle Henny says that means something now. He says the facilities will make them winners again like 10,15, 20 years ago.

Unfortunately for Uncle Henny the truth is Delaware like most CAA teams are flawed. No one outside of Smyrna & Wilmington care about the dirty filthy Birds. Sorry to break it to you. Even better we beat them like a rented mule. Their fans can’t stand it anymore.

Death, Taxes, & Delaware win.

Just having some fun with you Henny. Don’t get the Sunshine Boys posse from gohens after me. Lol. xpeacex

I know one person outside of the 302 that cares about the Hens GT

I would not want to be near your car if you are approaching Delaware and see the welcome to Delaware sign, Road rage is not a pretty thing. Haha

Gangtackle11
June 14th, 2019, 05:24 PM
I know one person outside of the 302 that cares about the Hens GT

I would not want to be near your car if you are approaching Delaware and see the welcome to Delaware sign, Road rage is not a pretty thing. Haha

I hear ya Carrib. Good thing it doesn’t take long to get through it. lol. xpeacex

BDKJMU
June 14th, 2019, 06:04 PM
Maine had one other G5/P5 transfer, Ori Jean-Charles a TE from Louisville. He hails from Monset NY and played QB in high school.
Added him CentMe. Looks like he was a preferred walkon at L’Ville. Apparently got hurt his Sr yr of HS and that cost him scholarship offers.

Henny
June 16th, 2019, 07:26 AM
"No one outside of Smyrna & Wilmington care about the dirty filthy Birds"

I personally know at least 30 people that come to UD games that live south of Smyrna. Our downstate fans are incredibly loyal.

I think we all need to take a TO here and just consider, the roots are in place for UD to re emerge from the worst stretch in the history of the program.

Coach Rocco has been given everything to be a consistent championship contender. Lets see how his third year goes..........

Congratulation on the streak Gang Tackle

Gangtackle11
June 16th, 2019, 09:27 AM
"No one outside of Smyrna & Wilmington care about the dirty filthy Birds"

I personally know at least 30 people that come to UD games that live south of Smyrna. Our downstate fans are incredibly loyal.

I think we all need to take a TO here and just consider, the roots are in place for UD to re emerge from the worst stretch in the history of the program.

Coach Rocco has been given everything to be a consistent championship contender. Lets see how his third year goes..........

Congratulation on the streak Gang Tackle

Good luck on your impending season. End of the day it’s players that win games not facilities IMHO although it helps immensely with recruiting if you are recruiting the “right” players.

My question has always been about the level of the players that Delaware fans like you get so giddy about. Until the level of talent meets the enthusiasm of you, your fan base, coaching staff, & administration color me and probably a few others here very suspicious. I do see the Hens are back to transfer U. strategy under Rocco.

Good luck on your quest being the NDSU or JMU of the CAA. Right now it doesn’t look like more than a fanatical viewpoint that probably the majority of the CAA can share if off their medication.

I’m a realist about the streak. If Delaware truly is a top 20 team then Nova has little chance this November, but the past 2 seasons especially tells me that no matter the circumstances we will show up & compete. Not sure you can truthfully say the same. The 3 Rocco coached games especially. Much closer games with Brock. xpeacex

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 16th, 2019, 10:10 AM
Added him CentMe. Looks like he was a preferred walkon at L’Ville. Apparently got hurt his Sr yr of HS and that cost him scholarship offers.

thanks for the additional insight on him BDKJMU.
Any chance of finding info on recruit Kolin Demens a LB who played at Avon Old Farms a prep school in CT. He was from Michigan and was #2 rated recruit in FCS. He had an offer from UCLA and was recruited by Michigan, MI ST and other P5 schools,just not the type of player we usually get.

caribbeanhen
June 16th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Question for Henny.... Wil Knight - Transfer RB that went to HS at Smyrna and signed with ODU, now coming back to Delaware with 4 years of eligibility

Did you see him play in HS? lot's of hype and hoping he will live up to it, if he is as good as advertised, we have our RB......

As GT pointed out, not that it makes much difference, but the Nova losses were closer under Brock....

Rocco bringing in Transfers now...... good, talent wins.......just ask KC who knows that better than anyone

BDKJMU
June 16th, 2019, 04:28 PM
thanks for the additional insight on him BDKJMU.
Any chance of finding info on recruit Kolin Demens a LB who played at Avon Old Farms a prep school in CT. He was from Michigan and was #2 rated recruit in FCS. He had an offer from UCLA and was recruited by Michigan, MI ST and other P5 schools,just not the type of player we usually get.
You're welcome.
I'm sure you've seen his Rivals link and the Press Herald article. I see he was a HS senior Class of 2018 in Michigan with on Rivals showing a 3 star with 10 P5 offers.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/kolin-demens-3022
to decommitting from UCLA in Dec 2017 after Chip Kelly took over.
https://football.thedzone.com/news/country-day-2018-lb-kolin-demens-has-decommitted-from-ucla
to Avon Old Farms. Still, with a doz I-A offers, he should have been able to land somewhere else P5 for the 2018 signing class. It doesn't explain the post grad year at Avon Old Farms. Maybe it was because of grades?

Looks like his stock dropped after Avon and Maine was able to snag him. Herald article didn't really say why his stock dropped in terms of the P5, but it did..
https://www.pressherald.com/2019/02/12/umaine-lands-second-ranked-recruit-in-fcs-football/

Obviously a big time get for Maine. I believe Maine rarely signs a guy who was (at one point anyway) a 3 star, much less a 3 star that had at one point that many offers. He might be Maine's most highly rated recruit ever. A year older, probably is/will be 19. If healthy I'm sure he'll play right away, even if Maine is loaded at LB.

Henny
June 16th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Question for Henny.... Wil Knight - Transfer RB that went to HS at Smyrna and signed with ODU, now coming back to Delaware with 4 years of eligibility

Did you see him play in HS? lot's of hype and hoping he will live up to it, if he is as good as advertised, we have our RB......

As GT pointed out, not that it makes much difference, but the Nova losses were closer under Brock....

Rocco bringing in Transfers now...... good, talent wins.......just ask KC who knows that better than anyone

I did not see Knight play at Smyrna although I'm told he is strong, fast and can catch the ball well. He was slated to start at ODU and has four years of eligibility remaining. Plenty of talent and depth in the backfield now with Lee, Robinson and Spruill too.

Gangtackle11
June 16th, 2019, 08:59 PM
I did not see Knight play at Smyrna although I'm told he is strong, fast and can catch the ball well. He was slated to start at ODU and has four years of eligibility remaining. Plenty of talent and depth in the backfield now with Lee, Robinson and Spruill too.

Lee is good change of pace back. He’s good.

Robinson transferred from Penn State, but did he do much? (23 carries/62 yards)

I’m surprised to see Spruill given what he did after the Towson game. Was he cleared of those charges?

Why would a kid slated to start at FBS school transfer to an FCS school? Hmmm.....xpeacex

caribbeanhen
June 16th, 2019, 09:37 PM

Yes Sir, RB should not be a problem, all eyes on Knight early on, hopefully we have an impact player because if he is good, Lee will only be better..... they could be really fun to watch, Knight was aggressively recruited out of HS by the Hens but choose FBS, he is not the first FBS recruit to come back home to Delaware

Our WR's are an area of concern if you ask me, Lot's of youth and no established go to guy so to speak..... we need somebody to step up or another transfer

Henderson is the wildcard ..... early on it will be Kehoe with some packages for Henderson, I would like to see Henderson play well and ignite the offense and eventually put Kehoe on the pines.....

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 17th, 2019, 07:47 AM
You're welcome.
I'm sure you've seen his Rivals link and the Press Herald article. I see he was a HS senior Class of 2018 in Michigan with on Rivals showing a 3 star with 10 P5 offers.
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/kolin-demens-3022
to decommitting from UCLA in Dec 2017 after Chip Kelly took over.
https://football.thedzone.com/news/country-day-2018-lb-kolin-demens-has-decommitted-from-ucla
to Avon Old Farms. Still, with a doz I-A offers, he should have been able to land somewhere else P5 for the 2018 signing class. It doesn't explain the post grad year at Avon Old Farms. Maybe it was because of grades?

Looks like his stock dropped after Avon and Maine was able to snag him. Herald article didn't really say why his stock dropped in terms of the P5, but it did..
https://www.pressherald.com/2019/02/12/umaine-lands-second-ranked-recruit-in-fcs-football/

Obviously a big time get for Maine. I believe Maine rarely signs a guy who was (at one point anyway) a 3 star, much less a 3 star that had at one point that many offers. He might be Maine's most highly rated recruit ever. A year older, probably is/will be 19. If healthy I'm sure he'll play right away, even if Maine is loaded at LB.

He is by far the highest rated recruit that Maine has gotten. To think he had 10 P5 offers and ends up coming to Maine just is a bit of a head scratcher. Would have to believe our run in the playoffs had something to do with his signing and why his stocked dropped is puzzling as well. We only lost one LB and that was Mr.Everything Sterling Sheffield so it will be interesting to see if he slides into that position. Thanks BDKJMU for the info.

Henny
June 17th, 2019, 01:21 PM
Lee is a classic 3rd down specialist type of guy. Great speed but not the guy you pound up the middle like Matt Simon tried last year. Robinson literally looks like a new back after he lost alot of weight and should be quicker. Although Spruil has legal issues, my understanding is that he'll be cleared legally to play this season.

Knight wanted to come back to play in his home state for personal reasons.

UD has a lack of experience at WR and also a lot of other positions, especially on defense.

MR. CHICKEN
June 20th, 2019, 03:22 PM
....LB COLBY REEDER.......(KARDASHIAN TA GANGSTER)......HAS HAD BACK SURGERY AN'......WILL MISS DUH SEASON.....:(.......AWK!

...DELAWARE STADIUM......WILL GET UH.....TEMPORARY PRESS BOX......WITHIN DUH REHAB.......DIS SEASON......AS CREWS.....ARE BEHIND FO' ONE REASON...OR......'NOTHERAH....xembarrassedx....... BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
June 21st, 2019, 02:49 PM
....LB COLBY REEDER.......(KARDASHIAN TA GANGSTER)......HAS HAD BACK SURGERY AN'......WILL MISS DUH SEASON.....:(.......AWK!

...DELAWARE STADIUM......WILL GET UH.....TEMPORARY PRESS BOX......WITHIN DUH REHAB.......DIS SEASON......AS CREWS.....ARE BEHIND FO' ONE REASON...OR......'NOTHERAH....xembarrassedx....... BRAWK!

Sorry to hear that about Colby. Hope he gets healthy soon! xpeacex

caribbeanhen
June 22nd, 2019, 07:54 AM

As I understand, Colby has played his entire college career at less than 100 percent healthy, hate to see injuries even to the Gangstas gang up on the Mainline xpeacex

Rocco continues to add transfers, and hopefully good ones, to the roster..... still no WR unless one of the DB's can convert over ...... not likely to happen

bluehenbillk
June 24th, 2019, 08:11 AM
With Colby out only the most optimistic of Hens fans are still thinking playoffs this season. The whole LB corps is being replaced & 3/4 of the DB's as well. Lots of holes to fill & lots of really good personnel to replace. I expect the offense to be better but not as much as I expect the defense to take a step back...

Thoughts?

hoidOfYolen
June 24th, 2019, 11:07 AM
With Colby out only the most optimistic of Hens fans are still thinking playoffs this season. The whole LB corps is being replaced & 3/4 of the DB's as well. Lots of holes to fill & lots of really good personnel to replace. I expect the offense to be better but not as much as I expect the defense to take a step back...

Thoughts?

Don't you guys lose Kani Kane too to graduation? He was pretty much the second biggest reason you guys beat Elon last year (behind our injuries). He annihilated our defense, just running all over them when we should have been able to handle him. We had one of the best run defenses in the conference at that point, but Kane ran all over us.

caribbeanhen
June 24th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Don't you guys lose Kani Kane too to graduation? He was pretty much the second biggest reason you guys beat Elon last year (behind our injuries). He annihilated our defense, just running all over them when we should have been able to handle him. We had one of the best run defenses in the conference at that point, but Kane ran all over us.

Kane is gone, But the RB position should not the problem for Hens

Kane Sometimes was a beast but other times looked like Candy....

mainejeff
June 24th, 2019, 01:19 PM
Maine with another FBS transfer......they snag a RB from Buffalo.xthumbsupx

https://goblackbears.com/news/2019/6/24/football-adds-transfer-running-back-emmanuel-reed.aspx

BDKJMU
June 24th, 2019, 07:14 PM
Maine with another FBS transfer......they snag a RB from Buffalo.xthumbsupx

https://goblackbears.com/news/2019/6/24/football-adds-transfer-running-back-emmanuel-reed.aspx
That's a nice proven G5 pickup for Maine. So I take it Jefferson is done?
https://www.pressherald.com/2019/02/07/umaine-football-star-arrested-charged-with-domestic-violence-assault/
Maine has had bad luck with keeping star AA RB's the last couple of seasons. Losing the 1st team AA Mack after the 2017 season, and then (I assume) the Fr AA Jefferson after last season..

bonarae
June 24th, 2019, 11:00 PM
https://www.pressherald.com/2019/02/07/umaine-football-star-arrested-charged-with-domestic-violence-assault/
Maine has had bad luck with keeping star AA RB's the last couple of seasons. Losing the 1st team AA Mack after the 2017 season, and then (I assume) the Fr AA Jefferson after last season..

Or perhaps Jefferson ends up with a JC or D-II...

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 25th, 2019, 08:06 AM

Yes Maine has lost two very good backs but Mack left on his own to attend Liberty was very quickly replaced by Jefferson last year and that had many of us saying Josh who?
Then to have Jefferson get arrested and subsequently leave the team saw this as the one hole in this team. But Maine after last years run to the semifinals has been able to attract two FBS players. Too early to tell if they are the real deal but think everyone is optimistic that they will be able to carry the running game along with returning RB Fitzpatrick a Maine kid.

MR. CHICKEN
June 25th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Yes Maine has lost two very good backs but Mack left on his own to attend Liberty was very quickly replaced by Jefferson last year and that had many of us saying Josh who?
Then to have Jefferson get arrested and subsequently leave the team saw this as the one hole in this team. But Maine after last years run to the semifinals has been able to attract two FBS players. Too early to tell if they are the real deal but think everyone is optimistic that they will be able to carry the running game along with returning RB Fitzpatrick a Maine kid.

.....RB'S DO WELL IN ORONO.......YOUSE FIND....DUH TOUGH O-LINERS...&.....QB'S WHO CAN MANAGE.........YEAR IN/OUT........AWK!

CenMEBlackBearFan
June 25th, 2019, 09:09 AM
.....RB'S DO WELL IN ORONO.......YOUSE FIND....DUH TOUGH O-LINERS...&.....QB'S WHO CAN MANAGE.........YEAR IN/OUT........AWK!

This year is so different in that the mantra from last years team was "Nobody respects you" being picked at the bottom of the league and this year with alot returning and being picked to be near the top of the league and some top 10 preseason FCS predictions the big question will be leadership both from players and the coaching staff be enough to keep them near the top. The talent is there but will the leadership be there to back it up. Time will tell but at this point things look bright at Maine.:)

Gangtackle11
June 25th, 2019, 09:24 AM
Maine looks good on paper for sure. xpeacex

Henny
June 25th, 2019, 11:46 AM

Thoughts?

Bill, this is a huge year for Rocco and staff. They need to deal with the D, a major concern with youth and inexperience at LB and DB. There is talent and look for Amonte Strouthers to emerge....

Conversely. I'm pretty optimistic about the O. With Simon out and Ambrose plus Cubit here, look for some innovation and a much more appropriate use of personnel. I really like Chuka at tackle. Robinson and Lutz are back at guard and with Mario, I think we can really get the running game going.

I'd be shocked if we weren't more aggressive on both sides of the ball...

UNH72Plus
June 25th, 2019, 05:19 PM
None announced, ever!

​UNH

Not so, there was that NH kid who transferred in from Syracuse.

UNH72Plus
June 25th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Not a lot of love for UNH this year, which is probably deserved after last years debacle. Although the Cats did upset JMU last fall. The loss of some of their offensive stars probably doesn't help the pre-season rankings either. That being said, after suffering through last season and a cold winter, we up here in the northeast are cautiously optimistic about this year's team. Somehow we managed to snag a quality QB from Georgia named Max Brosmer. Playing his senior year in Class 6A, in 10 games he threw for 3,459 yards and 31 TDs, with a 67% completion rate and only 6 Ints. He also ran for 618 yards and 2 TDs. He entered UNH in January and has been working out under QB coach Ricky Santos. He'll have decent bunch of receivers including Malik Love who sat out most of last year with injuries, 6'4" 228 WR Nick Lorden and WR Sean Coyne; TE Justin Malone-Woods; and true freshman Griffin Helm, a 3 star player out of Jacksonville, FL. They also have a stable of three quality running backs - Evan Gray, Carlos Washington, and Dylan Laube. The OL and DL are a bit of a question mark, but the DBs are all solid, and contrary to what has been posted here, the linebackers involved in the little skirmish last year are all back on the roster led by 2018 All-CAA 2nd team Quinlen Dean 79 tackles & 6 sacks. The kicking game also looks good with last year's punter Drew Sanborn who average 40.2 yards per punts with a long of 60 yards and 27 inside the red zone. There are several quality PKs fighting for the starting position.

Gangtackle11
June 25th, 2019, 07:09 PM
No love for the Villanova Wildcats after back to back 5-6 season. Team defeated Temple & Delaware (of course we did) for highlight wins, but were embarrassed with 3 home blow outs vs. Towson, JMU, & UNH. Throw-in blowing a 21-0 lead at Stony Brook & you have to think the seat is getting hot for Coach Ferrante.

The offense has question marks at almost every position. QB will be a battle between RS Jr. Jack Schetelich & RS Frosh Qadir Ismail. Both have a lot to prove, but have won CAA games I the past as starters (Schetelich- Maine in ‘17 & Ismail @ Richmond in ‘18).

The OLine must replace bookend tackles Ethan Greenidge & Brandon Hitner. Both are with NFL clubs. The interior line has 2 starters back with Paul Gratton at Center & EJ Dumas at guard. Nova recruited a big group of OL last season. A few will need to step up at the tackle spots.

Reliable All-CAA TE Ryan Bell & speedy slot Jarrett McClenton have graduated. They were the 2 top receivers last season. Enigmatic WR Changa Hodge & Greg Jones are back at the wideouts. Expect Simon Bingelis & Todd Stephens to man the TE position while there are a few candidates to takeover in the slot that will be decided in summer camp.

Leading rusher RB Aaron Forbes has graduated, but Nova is deep with RS Jr. Justin Covington, So. Jaren Jackson, & RS Jr. Damon Drew have shown flashes of being a #1 back.

Kicking game has been a box of chocolates as usual. Jr. Drew Kresge will have the job to start.

Bottomline there are going to be a lot of positive surprises for this unit to be a capable unit. It all starts at the QB position.

Defensively the Cats should be solid if not spectacular. The Cats have played a 3-3-5 scheme for several seasons now. They are consistently a top 25 defense & surprisingly hard to run against despite the 3 man front. 2/3 of the starting DL has graduated. Sack specialist Jr. Malik Fisher will start at DE with Sr. Aaron Seigle the likely other starting DE. Expect sophomore Mikey Taylor to vie for time here also. NT will see either RS soph. Garrett Zobel or RS Jr. Pete Fallon man the position.

The back 8 of the Nova defense is full of veteran talent. RS Sr. LB Drew Wiley leads a solid unit with Jr. Amin Black in the middle & Sr. Keeling Hunter on the other side. Capable backups wait in the wings in Forrest Rhyne & Trajan Anderson.

CAA defensive ROY William Benford mans a Corner along with Nola Awopetu (2 pick 6 vs. Richmond). RS Sr. Julian Williams, Jaquan Amos, & William Trent should be the other backs. This group has a chance to be among the best in the CAA.

Punter Nick Fondacaro was impressive in his freshman season & should vie for all-conference accolades.

Nova will have to thread the needle to be a surprise team in the CAA. The offense must score enough & keep the defense off the field. Starts with the opening FCS game on August 24th at Colgate.

Go Cats!! xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
June 25th, 2019, 07:36 PM
No love for the Dukes. We have a new, beautiful rug and nary a comment to be found from our caa brethren.

bluehenbillk
June 27th, 2019, 02:49 PM
Dammit! Villanova got a MAJOR get at QB today landing two-time all-state PA Ricky Ortega out of Coatesville. Only reason he's going there is he's listed at 6-foot. Amazing how recruiting works. QB from Ortega's archrival who's 3 inches taller going to Kansas State and isn't the same caliber QB as Ortega. Not looking forward to Daddy continuing to drum Delaware annually for the next 4 years...grrrrrr

Gangtackle11
June 27th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Dammit! Villanova got a MAJOR get at QB today landing two-time all-state PA Ricky Ortega out of Coatesville. Only reason he's going there is he's listed at 6-foot. Amazing how recruiting works. QB from Ortega's archrival who's 3 inches taller going to Kansas State and isn't the same caliber QB as Ortega. Not looking forward to Daddy continuing to drum Delaware annually for the next 4 years...grrrrrr

Time will tell. xpeacex

whoanellie
June 30th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Time will tell. xpeacex twitter quote "too short" imho he probably is 5-9, He could be the next Flute but who knows what will happen. Social media has drastically made College recruiting a spectator sport. Even at FCS. however, a tweet stating " I just got my twelfth offer". Is just a lot of hot-air. Unless it's YOUR School.
Verbals only count until the FAX machine receives the LOI.

Gangtackle11
June 30th, 2019, 07:23 PM
QB grad transfer Daniel Smith (from Campbell) is headed to Villanova per his Twitter.

Smith graduated from the Camels of the Big South in 3 years. He was on the Pre-Season Walter Payton Trophy watch list last season. He looks like a right-handed Zach Bednarczyk looking at his highlights. Good signing? ...Time will tell. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
June 30th, 2019, 07:35 PM
QB grad transfer Daniel Smith (from Campbell) is headed to Villanova per his Twitter.

Smith graduated from the Camels of the Big South in 3 years. He was on the Pre-Season Walter Payton Trophy watch list last season. He looks like a right-handed Zach Bednarczyk looking at his highlights. Good signing? ...Time will tell. xpeacex

I’m hard pressed to think almost any transfer with one year of eligibility is a great one. Yes, time will tell.

Gangtackle11
June 30th, 2019, 08:01 PM
I’m hard pressed to think almost any transfer with one year of eligibility is a great one. Yes, time will tell.

He has 2 years. He graduated in 3 years and was a redshirt. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
June 30th, 2019, 08:06 PM
He has 2 years. He graduated in 3 years and was a redshirt. xpeacex

Well then that's great for depth, if anything. xdrunkyx

MR. CHICKEN
July 1st, 2019, 11:46 AM
.....NOVA-ITES........PHILLLIES...HAD JAY WRIGHT.....GIVE....MOTIVATION SPEECH.....TA PHIGHT'INS....DURIN'......DUH HOMESTAND......WHAA NOT...HAVE HIM....TALK TA FERRANTE'S ZEROS......AN' WHIFF DAT OOC SKED.....(11 BARBIE DOLLS COOD WIN)......MAYBEAH.......MAIN-LINE....COOD B/CUM.....RELEVANT....ONCE MO'........xhugx.......AWQ!!

Gangtackle11
July 1st, 2019, 12:16 PM
.....NOVA-ITES........PHILLLIES...HAD JAY WRIGHT.....GIVE....MOTIVATION SPEECH.....TA PHIGHT'INS....DURIN'......DUH HOMESTAND......WHAA NOT...HAVE HIM....TALK TA FERRANTE'S ZEROS......AN' WHIFF DAT OOC SKED.....(11 BARBIE DOLLS COOD WIN)......MAYBEAH.......MAIN-LINE....COOD B/CUM.....RELEVANT....ONCE MO'........xhugx.......AWQ!!

Delaware is relevant? One playoff appearance in several years? Major graduation losses including the lead Kardashian. Smoking those Dover cornstalks could be hazardous to your health Mr. Chicken. Not to mention Villanova is your daddy. xpeacex

hoidOfYolen
July 1st, 2019, 07:23 PM
Delaware is relevant? One playoff appearance in several years? Major graduation losses including the lead Kardashian. Smoking those Dover cornstalks could be hazardous to your health Mr. Chicken. Not to mention Villanova is your daddy. xpeacex

I wouldn't put it quite so assuredly, but I agree and think Delaware is highly overrated for this offseason.

MR. CHICKEN
July 1st, 2019, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't put it quite so assuredly, but I agree and think Delaware is highly overrated for this offseason.

.......NO DUH!.......ALL PECKERHEADS....IN DIS-BELIEF........UH MAGAZINE PREDICTS.....WE LOST 20 SOMETHIN'.........AN' STILL HAVE US...IN MIDDLE UH THIN'S........QUESTION... IS.........WHAA....DO DEY KNOW....xdontknowx...WE REPLACE.......MOST UH 11 PIECE BUCKET ON D....xeekx.....AN' OURAH RECIEVIN' CORP....xeekx....STREET & SMIFF.......DON'T HAND OUT.......TOP 25 INVITES........IFIN' YA CAIN'T PARTY....xsmhx.........HMMMM!...xchinscratchx...AW K!

.....OWN-LAH THIN....ON HEN MINDS.....WHERE WE SITTIN'........AN'...HOW MANY BIZONSSSS.......WILL STINK UP.......DUH TUB.............BRAWK!

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 2nd, 2019, 02:00 PM
Maine lands another FBS player, Donovan Bunch a DB from NJ, who was a Rutgers commit but is now coming to Maine. Had 10 other P-5 offers. :)
https://www.nj.com/rutgers/2019/07/former-rutgers-cb-commit-donovan-bunch-commits-to-a-new-college-finds-his-home.html

whoanellie
July 2nd, 2019, 04:52 PM
Maine lands another FBS player, Donovan Bunch a DB from NJ, who was a Rutgers commit but is now coming to Maine. Had 10 other P-5 offers. :)
https://www.nj.com/rutgers/2019/07/former-rutgers-cb-commit-donovan-bunch-commits-to-a-new-college-finds-his-home.html Is he interning @ Shawshank?
Maybe He will get lost along the AT. We can hope

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 3rd, 2019, 07:01 AM
Is he interning @ Shawshank?
Maybe He will get lost along the AT. We can hope

Too funny, being a trail maintainer on the AT in the hundred mile wilderness this made me laugh like hell. Never thought I had to look for our recruits on the AT but will keep an eye open for them nowxnodx

cx500d
July 3rd, 2019, 01:41 PM
Too funny, being a trail maintainer on the AT in the hundred mile wilderness this made me laugh like hell. Never thought I had to look for our recruits on the AT but will keep an eye open for them nowxnodx

Where you in charge of the section up near Rangely where that older lady got lost and they found her body a couple years later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 7th, 2019, 11:06 AM
Where you in charge of the section up near Rangely where that older lady got lost and they found her body a couple years later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, but just finished reading the book called "when you find my body" about the unfortunate lost gal, trail name Inchworm, who became lost in July of 2013. Her body was found in fall of 2015. She survived 17 days with largest search and rescue ever conducted in Maine but to no avail. Such a sad story for her family and all the rescuers who put their heart and soul in the rescue but the Inchworm went to higher terrain and stayed put instead of heading downgradient and looking for stream that would have intersected a roadway eventually.

The hundred mile wilderness is the last hundred miles of the AT before finishing at Katahdin. The Inchworm was lost in the Sugarloaf area probably 40-50 miles south of me.

caribbeanhen
July 7th, 2019, 11:14 AM
No, but just finished reading the book called "when you find my body" about the unfortunate lost gal, trail name Inchworm, who became lost in July of 2013. Her body was found in fall of 2015. She survived 17 days with largest search and rescue ever conducted in Maine but to no avail. Such a sad story for her family and all the rescuers who put their heart and soul in the rescue but the Inchworm went to higher terrain and stayed put instead of heading downgradient and looking for stream that would have intersected a roadway eventually.

The hundred mile wilderness is the last hundred miles of the AT before finishing at Katahdin. The Inchworm was lost in the Sugarloaf area probably 40-50 miles south of me.

PLB

SPOT

SEND

Technology is taking the search out of search and rescue

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 8th, 2019, 07:32 AM
PLB

SPOT

SEND

Technology is taking the search out of search and rescue

Her husband followed her and would meet her nightly when there were roads that intersected the AT. She had a SPOT but did not have it with her unfortunately. This was old school search and rescue with the Navy involved as well as they owned land that was used for survival training adjacent to the AT. Just a very sad story but a must read for anyone who has interest in the AT or search and rescue.

caribbeanhen
July 8th, 2019, 09:19 AM
Her husband followed her and would meet her nightly when there were roads that intersected the AT. She had a SPOT but did not have it with her unfortunately. This was old school search and rescue with the Navy involved as well as they owned land that was used for survival training adjacent to the AT. Just a very sad story but a must read for anyone who has interest in the AT or search and rescue.

I'm very interested and will check it out, if she had the SPOT she would probably be alive today

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 8th, 2019, 11:58 AM
Back to football, Hero sports still picking Maine 4th preseason- https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2019-preview-maine-caa-colonial-ajaj

Maine with two FBS transfers at RB, Emmanuel Reed from Buffalo and Jordan Rowell from NIU, seemed to have addressed the loss of Ramon Jefferson. Maine with 16 returning players certainly have the potential for a good season.

Gangtackle11
July 12th, 2019, 02:08 PM
I believe CAA media day is next week.

Here is a look at the 2018 preseason media day poll.

1. JMU
2. UNH
3. Delaware
4. Stony Brook
5. Elon
6. Villanova
7. Richmond
8. Maine
9. UAlbany
10. Towson
11. W&M
12. Rhode Island

Here’s how it finished on the field:
1. Maine 7-1 (+7)
2. JMU 6-2 (-1)
3. Delaware 5-3 (+1)
4. Stony Brook 5-3 (0)
5. Towson 5-3 (+5)
6. Elon 4-3 (-1)
7. Rhode Island 4-4 (+5)
8. W&M 3-4 (+3)
9. UNH 3-5 (-7)
10. Villanova 2-6 (-4)
11. Richmond 2-6 (-4)
12. UAlbany 1-7 (-3)

MayorOfHenTown
July 16th, 2019, 11:53 AM
Media Day is 1 week away!

You can check out the schedule here: https://caasports.com/news/2019/7/15/me ... eason.aspx (https://caasports.com/news/2019/7/15/media-day-kicks-off-2019-caa-football-season.aspx)

And here is a link to the live feed: https://www.flofootball.com/live/13965- ... id=6515953 (https://www.flofootball.com/live/13965-2019-caa-football-media-day?utm_campaign=82493caafootballmei&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=caasports.com&utm_content=website&rtid=82493&coverage_id=6515953)

Any questions you are looking for the media to ask?

Mocs123
July 16th, 2019, 02:35 PM
Albany's Ibitokun-Hanks is transfering to Chattanooga for his Senior season. CAA fans, what are your thoughts on him?

MR. CHICKEN
July 16th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Albany's Ibitokun-Hanks is transfering to Chattanooga for his Senior season. CAA fans, what are your thoughts on him?

.......HE SAW CARRIES DWINDLE.....DUE TA......GREAT DANE EMPHASIS.......ON PASSIN' ATTACK....(PER POST #48).......WAS GREAT.......TIL INJURED......HERE IS 2018 LINE ON HIM:

GP-GS 11/10 ATT 161 GAIN 824 LOSS 57 NET 767 AVG 4.8 TD 4 AVG/G 69.7

Mocs123
July 16th, 2019, 03:27 PM
Thanks. Has he not been the same after the injury? It seems like his 2018 stats are pretty good, though not like his 2016 season. We only have one returning RB with carries from last season. Tyrell Price who had 697 yards and played a lot of last season banged up. We had been looking for a back to help shoulder the load while our freshmen mature.

MR. CHICKEN
July 16th, 2019, 03:35 PM
Thanks. Has he not been the same after the injury? It seems like his 2018 stats are pretty good, though not like his 2016 season. We only have one returning RB with carries from last season. Tyrell Price who had 697 yards and played a lot of last season banged up. We had been looking for a back to help shoulder the load while our freshmen mature.

.....HE IS UH FORMER WORK-HORSE.......WAS ALBANY'S OFFENSE.........COOD BE LITTLE UH BOTH.....INJURY/OFFENSE PHILOSOPHY.........YOU'LL KNOW...WHEN SEASON IS UNDERWAY......AWK!

RootinFerDukes
July 16th, 2019, 04:20 PM

I want to say he was a caa preseason offensive player one year before his injury. He had some serious potential but kept battling injuries and hasn’t seemed to be an all conference player since.

It makes me a little more nervous seeing he’s on a team JMU will play this year. We had avoided Albany for much of his tenure.

UAalum72
July 16th, 2019, 05:20 PM
He played pretty good coming off the injury, but not as many yds/carry as Mofor. Graduated, so only one year left. Apparently his father thought he should be FBS.

RootinFerDukes
July 18th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Any commentary on the more than 50 CAA games picked up by FloSports?

https://caasports.com/news/2019/7/17/more-than-50-caa-football-games-to-be-broadcast-on-flofootball-in-2019.aspx

Tribe4SF
July 18th, 2019, 08:30 AM
W&M ends up with six new transfers for 2019. By far the most ever added in one season. Anderson may have the biggest impact as injuries and less than stellar play have plagued the QB position for the last few years, and he has produced good numbers both at Coastal and previously at Fresno State.

Kilton Anderson 6'2" 210 QB graduate from Coastal Carolina

Darius Fullwood 6'3" 275 DT graduate from Va Tech

Sean Daniel 5'9" 175 WR graduate from Va Tech

Cal Kee 6' 210 Safety graduate from La. Monroe

Andrew Trainer 6'7" 305 OT Junior from Illinois

Tim Payne 6'1" 170 WR Sophomore from Lafayette (will likely sit for 2019)

KPSUL
July 18th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Any commentary on the more than 50 CAA games picked up by FloSports?

https://caasports.com/news/2019/7/17/more-than-50-caa-football-games-to-be-broadcast-on-flofootball-in-2019.aspx

I recall primarily negative comments on FloSports when this topic came up earlier this summer. Issues like the requirement to sign on for an entire year of programming and difficulty cancelling the monthly billing. Also poor quality broadcasts. I'd appreciate a summary of pros and cons if anyone has experience with Flo and/or has researched this fully. (that's Flo @ Sports, not Flo @ Progressive Insurance.) I'm guessing that a package this extensive is likely an exclusive contract. If that's the case I'll miss the broadcasts I previously had access to: Comcast Mid-Atlantic and NE Sports Network.

KPSUL
July 18th, 2019, 03:52 PM

It seemed like he gained about 1000 yards on 50 carries when he played @ UNH in 2016. The pronunciation of Eee-bee-toe-kun-hanks has become indelibly recorded in my brain after hearing the game announcer say it all afternoon.

RootinFerDukes
July 18th, 2019, 04:14 PM
KPSUL, past comments from commissioner Yeager stated that CAA schools can still pursue regional sports network broadcasts. This is only exclusive for streaming of the game.

Assuming UNH still gets games on NESN, you can still catch some of them there.

RootinFerDukes
July 18th, 2019, 04:16 PM
It seemed like he gained about 1000 yards on 50 carries when he played @ UNH in 2016. The pronunciation of Eee-bee-toe-kun-hanks has become indelibly recorded in my brain after hearing the game announcer say it all afternoon.

I’m hoping you also get to know Percy Ah-jey oh-be-say this season.

KPSUL
July 18th, 2019, 09:04 PM
I’m hoping you also get to know Percy Ah-jey oh-be-say this season.

I'm hoping your QBs will turn the ball over 7 times rather than 6 this year!

KPSUL
July 18th, 2019, 09:09 PM
KPSUL, past comments from commissioner Yeager stated that CAA schools can still pursue regional sports network broadcasts. This is only exclusive for streaming of the game.

Assuming UNH still gets games on NESN, you can still catch some of them there.

I've got plans to be at all of them except for Florida Intl, and that one is already scheduled for ESPN3. It's other CAA games I hope to watch on the Comcast MidAtlantic and NESN.

RootinFerDukes
July 19th, 2019, 06:10 AM
I've got plans to be at all of them except for Florida Intl, and that one is already scheduled for ESPN3. It's other CAA games I hope to watch on the Comcast MidAtlantic and NESN.

Some CAA games will get picked up on TV and you can watch them that way. Teams will begin to announce those TV games sometime in August.

hoidOfYolen
July 22nd, 2019, 10:53 AM
What if all of these crappy streaming deals are a ploy to get us to actually just go to all of the games? Hmmm... xcoffeex

ccd494
July 23rd, 2019, 09:37 AM
Preseason poll:

1. James Madison 238 (20)
2. Towson 217 (3)
3. Maine 201 (1)
4. Elon 164
5. Delaware 162
6. Stony Brook 151
7. New Hampshire 109
8. Rhode Island 104
9. Villanova 84
10. Richmond 62
11. William and Mary 58
12. Albany 34

MR. CHICKEN
July 23rd, 2019, 09:42 AM
9. VILLANOVA xhypedx........................................... ................:D.....BRAWK!

CenMEBlackBearFan
July 23rd, 2019, 10:27 AM
Preseason poll:

1. James Madison 238 (20)
2. Towson 217 (3)
3. Maine 201 (1)
4. Elon 164
5. Delaware 162
6. Stony Brook 151
7. New Hampshire 109
8. Rhode Island 104
9. Villanova 84
10. Richmond 62
11. William and Mary 58
12. Albany 34

Might be the highest Maine has ever been rated preseasonxnodx

clickclack
July 23rd, 2019, 12:57 PM
Albany is an effin disgrace...fire Gattuso now, before the season even starts. Clown!

SonuvaHenx2
July 23rd, 2019, 01:16 PM
Gotta say I'll be quite pleased if we finish 5th *shrug

MayorOfHenTown
July 23rd, 2019, 01:31 PM
Gotta say I'll be quite pleased if we finish 5th *shrug

In my preseason prediction, I had them 5th behind JMU, Towson, Maine, and Stony Brook

hoidOfYolen
July 23rd, 2019, 01:43 PM
I'm okay with this preseason poll. I think we (Elon) will end up being better than at least one of the top three teams by the end of the season, but I think we need to prove it with the new head coach and can't claim to be better than them yet.

caribbeanhen
July 23rd, 2019, 03:55 PM
Albany is an effin disgrace...fire Gattuso now, before the season even starts. Clown!

you take these Pre-season polls to heart I see, but you might have a point xcoffeex

Gangtackle11
July 23rd, 2019, 04:30 PM
9. VILLANOVA xhypedx........................................... ................:D.....BRAWK!

2018 Poll:
Maine 8th
Towson 10th

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/college-sports/villanova/villanova-football-preseason-poll-media-day-colonial-athletic-associatioon-20190723.html%3foutputType=amp

There’s hope on the Main Line & if not we will roast an ugly blue chicken to end the season. It’s become quite the ritual. xpeacex

RootinFerDukes
July 23rd, 2019, 06:48 PM

He was the only coach who didn’t show up wearing a tie with his suit.

whoanellie
July 23rd, 2019, 09:45 PM
the off-season is over time to shut down this thread and get on to the present> future

BDKJMU
July 24th, 2019, 12:08 AM
CAA Media Day
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAIKA3RXUAICksg.jpg

2019 CAA FOOTBALL PRESEASON ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM
(Selected by a vote of Head Coaches and Media Relations Directors)
OFFENSE
Name, School Cl. Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School
Tom Flacco, Towson Sr. QB 6-1 208 Voorhees, N.J./Eastern
Shane Simpson, Towson Sr. RB 5-9 200 Easton, Pa./Easton
Jaylan Thomas, Elon So. RB 5-10 190 Carrollton, Ga./Carrollton
Tyler Crist, William & Mary Jr. FB 6-0 225 Hampton, Va./Kecoughtan
Earnest Edwards, Maine Sr. WR 5-10 175 Rochester, N.Y./Aquinas Institute
Shane Leatherbury, Towson Sr. WR 5-10 183 Salisbury, Md./Delmar
Aaron Parker, Rhode Island Sr. WR 6-3 191 Prince George’s Co., Md./Gwynn Park
Matt Foster, Elon Sr. TE 6-3 242 Williamsville, N.Y./Williamsville South
Liam Dobson, Maine Jr. OL 6-2 330 Ottawa, Ontario/Canada Prep Acad.
Mario Farinella, Delaware Gr. OL 6-2 300 Bloomfield, N.J./Bergen Catholic
Liam Fornadel, James Madison Jr. OL 6-4 307 Wyckoff, N.J./Don Bosco Prep
Kyle Murphy, Rhode Island Sr. OL 6-4 312 Attleboro, Mass./Attleboro
Kyle Nunez, Stony Brook So. OL 6-2 345 East Islip, N.Y./East Islip

DEFENSE
Ron’Dell Carter, James Madison Sr. DL 6-3 273 Baltimore, Md./Long Reach
Maurice Jackson, Richmond Sr. DL 6-2 265 Levittown, Pa./Truman
Sam Kamara, Stony Brook Sr. DL 6-2 295 Carteret, N.J./Carteret
Kayon Whitaker, Maine Sr. DL 6-2 255 Washington, D.C./Friendship Collegiate
Robert Heyward, Towson Sr. LB 5-10 227 Savannah, Ga./Calvary Day School
Dimitri Holloway, James Madison Sr. LB 6-1 215 Newport News, Va./Heritage
Taji Lowe, Maine Sr. LB 6-1 235 Stewartsville, N.J./Phillipsburg
Deshawn Stevens, Maine Jr. LB 6-1 250 Toronto, Ontario/Kent School
Pop Lacey, New Hampshire Sr. S 6-0 199 Reading, Pa./Berks Catholic
Isaiah Laster, William & Mary Sr. S 6-1 210 Cary, N.C./Panther Creek
Adam Smith, James Madison Sr. S 6-1 179 Charlotte, N.C./Hough
Manny Patterson, Maine Sr. CB 5-10 180 Baltimore, Md./Mount St. Joseph
Rashad Robinson, James Madison Sr. CB 5-11 185 Richmond, Va./Hermitage

SPECIAL TEAMS
Earnest Edwards, Maine Sr. KR 5-10 175 Rochester, N.Y./Aquinas Institute
D’Angelo Amos, James Madison Jr. PR 6-1 186 Richmond, Va./Meadowbrook
Aidan O’Neill, Towson Sr. PK 6-1 199 New Paltz, N.Y./New Paltz
Nick Pritchard, Delaware Sr. P 5-10 210 New Egypt, N.J./New Egypt
Isaiah White, Stony Brook Sr. SPEC 5-11 215 Gordon Heights, N.Y./Longwood

CAA FOOTBALL PRESEASON OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Tom Flacco, QB, Towson
CAA FOOTBALL PRESEASON DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Maurice Jackson, DL, Richmond

Honorable mention: Davis Cheek, QB, Elon; Chris Ferguson, QB, Maine; Dejoun Lee, RB, Delaware; Carlos Washington, RB, New Hampshire; Joey Kenny, FB, Rhode Island; Owen Tyler, FB, Delaware; Jabari Allen, WR, Towson; Dev Holmes, WR, UAlbany; Simon Bengelis, TE, Villanova; Aaron Grzymkowski, OL, Towson; Mac Patrick, OL, James Madison; Mark Williamson, OL, William & Mary; Bryce Carter, DL, Towson; John Daka, DL, James Madison; Brandon Ginnetti, DL, Rhode Island; Charles Mitchell, DL, Maine; Bill Murray, DL, William & Mary; Levi Metheny, LB, UAlbany; Keon Paye, LB, Towson; Drew Wiley, LB, Villanova; Augie Contressa, S, Stony Brook; Daniel Jones, S, Richmond; Corey Parker, S, William & Mary; Jaquan Amos, CB, Villanova; Gavin Heslop, CB, Stony Brook, Greg Liggs, CB, Elon; Ahmere Dorsey, KR/PR, Rhode Island; Drew Sanborn, P, New Hampshire; Eli Mencer, SPEC, UAlbany
https://caasports.com/news/2019/7/22/james-madison-picked-to-capture-caa-football-championship-in-2019.aspx

BDKJMU
July 24th, 2019, 12:10 AM
# of Pre season All CAA by school:
Maine: 7 (2 offense/4 defense/1 ST)
JMU: 6 (1 offense/4 defense/1 ST)
TU: 5 (3 offense/1 defense/1 ST)
SBU 3 (1 offense/1 defense/1 ST)

2 each: Elon, UD, W&M, URI
1 each: UNH, RU
0: VU, Albany

MR. CHICKEN
July 24th, 2019, 06:48 AM
# of Pre season All CAA by school:
Maine: 7 (2 offense/4 defense/1 ST)
JMU: 6 (1 offense/4 defense/1 ST)
TU: 5 (3 offense/1 defense/1 ST)
SBU 3 (1 offense/1 defense/1 ST)

2 each: Elon, UD, W&M, URI
1 each: UNH, RU
0: VU, Albany xhypedx.............FERRANTE'S ZEROS................:D....BRAWK!

RootinFerDukes
July 24th, 2019, 07:39 AM
I say... I say... I say... dem chickadees need ta... walk the Villanova winning walk... ba fore day talk the Villanova winning talk.... BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
July 24th, 2019, 07:46 AM
xhypedx.............FERRANTE'S ZEROS................:D....BRAWK!

Zero like in the number of wins the mighty Delaware has vs. Villanova past 7 seasons. You were better off with Brock. At least the games were competitive.

The Danny Crock-o era has seen 45-10, 28-7, & 42-21 arse whoopings. Expect the same this season. BTW one of your All CAA selections is the punter. Bahahahaha.

The mighty Delaware has fallen into the mediocrity abyss & can’t get past the basketball school in the sport that Blue Hen fans want you to believe is going back to greatness. xpeacex

Henny
July 24th, 2019, 09:38 AM
Just an off season update on Delaware's facility upgrade. The 90,000 sq ft Whitney Athletic Center is being built as we speak. The initial goal of $60MM for phase 1 was met. As mentioned, this includes a 10,000 sq ft weight room, a full service academic center as well as other services for all student athletes. For the fans, a 10,000 sq ft club area and a spacious coaches and press box.

This is phase 1 of 3. Future work includes the end zones, East Stands and the Field House that's adjacent to the stadium.

UD football is already benefitting with some impressive verbals.

RootinFerDukes
July 24th, 2019, 10:02 AM
Will Delaware Stadium see any increase in capacity once all three phases are complete?

We’re still waiting for phase 3 to get started at JMU... crickets from the administration on that one as they focus on other facilities projects including our new Atlantic Union Bank Center opening in Fall 2020.

Henny
July 24th, 2019, 10:18 AM
It's not the priority, however the plan is that the North Endzone will be a much better experience for the students (possibly a berm where they could hang out on blankets, casual etc). They've already opened a beer garden and party area for students only. Hey, UD is the no 1 party school in the nation, so why not?!?

The emphasis is on fan experience but If UD starts getting more fans than expansion could be on the table.

That arena JMU is building is very impressive!

caribbeanhen
July 24th, 2019, 10:19 AM
xhypedx.............FERRANTE'S ZEROS................:D....BRAWK!

Albany did have a very good looking true Freshman WR last year...forgot his name but surely he got serious consideration

Gangtackle11
July 24th, 2019, 11:06 AM
Albany did have a very good looking true Freshman WR last year...forgot his name but surely he got serious consideration

Dev Holmes WR mentioned in the HM section. xpeacex

MayorOfHenTown
July 24th, 2019, 12:44 PM

knit35
July 24th, 2019, 12:48 PM

Is that a football stadium made for ants?

Henny
July 24th, 2019, 01:38 PM
https://www.seats3d.com/ncaa/university_delaware/football/#/

Go Green
July 25th, 2019, 06:11 AM
It appears that the pre-season voters do not believe that 2018 was a fluke for UNH.

Hope they turn it around. Am looking forward very much to resuming the series with UNH in a few years.

Mattymc727
July 25th, 2019, 06:47 AM
It appears that the pre-season voters do not believe that 2018 was a fluke for UNH.

Hope they turn it around. Am looking forward very much to resuming the series with UNH in a few years.

They certainly are a big ? at this point, like other teams. UNH has to prove they can play like they did a few years ago before we get the automatic respect in the preseason. However, I wouldn't sleep on them either.

UNH will have a great defense and some great athletes on offense. The question is whether the Oline can be great and whether the unknown starting QB can be any good. Obviously, that makes or breaks any FCS team really.

This freshman QB Brosmer out of Georgia has turned some heads though....

KPSUL
July 25th, 2019, 02:03 PM
They certainly are a big ? at this point, like other teams. UNH has to prove they can play like they did a few years ago before we get the automatic respect in the preseason. However, I wouldn't sleep on them either.

UNH will have a great defense and some great athletes on offense. The question is whether the Oline can be great and whether the unknown starting QB can be any good. Obviously, that makes or breaks any FCS team really.

This freshman QB Brosmer out of Georgia has turned some heads though....

We'll probably see Tommy Herion starting at QB coming out of the gate. I've go a lot more confidence in QB development with Ricky Santos returning to UNH as QB Coach and Associate Head Coach. Seems like he is the heir apparent to replace McDonnell.

caribbeanhen
July 26th, 2019, 06:32 AM
Dev Holmes WR mentioned in the HM section. xpeacex

thats him. Thanks

was he honorable mention....I hate fine print. Good for him

Too bad Aaron Parker Lawson his QB.....that young man is a stud...

Rocco is saying they will be using 2 QBs early with Henderson supplementing Kehoe at times

Ambrose defects from his brothers Towson to be new OC at Delaware....

Gangtackle11
July 26th, 2019, 09:37 AM
thats him. Thanks

was he honorable mention....I hate fine print. Good for him

Too bad Aaron Parker Lawson his QB.....that young man is a stud...

Rocco is saying they will be using 2 QBs early with Henderson supplementing Kehoe at times

Ambrose defects from his brothers Towson to be new OC at Delaware....

Henderson has the IT factor in that he’s very shifty. Hopefully, the weight he needed to put on doesn’t take away some of that. He sure had a few good plays vs. Nova, but we also squashed him like a bug more than a few times.

Ambrose bringing in the no-huddle spread will play to his abilities when he’s on the field. I like Delaware’s offensive potential as long as Dan Crooko lets Ambrose do his thing. O-Line is huge with Farinella back. He’s got to be 25 years old. No?

That said I still like Rhody in the CAA opener. They weren’t just Lawson. I think they ran the ball effectively against u guys if I recall & Parker will make even a lesser QB better. Their D-Line can match up & Coach Fleming knows how to coach defense.

Plus this is a Kardashian-free season & they are home with new turf/lights. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
July 31st, 2019, 06:13 PM
Hearing very positive vibes coming from Nova camp. Things may be looking up on the Main Line. Might sneak up on the 8 teams ahead of the Cats in the preseason CAA poll. 25 days till Hamilton NY. xpeacex

MR. CHICKEN
July 31st, 2019, 08:48 PM
Hearing very positive vibes coming from Nova camp. Things may be looking up on the Main Line. Might sneak up on the 8 teams ahead of the Cats in the preseason CAA poll. 25 days till Hamilton NY. xpeacex

30973........SOMEBODAH......BOUGHT.....SOME AIRPLANE GLUE.......xeekx...........BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
July 31st, 2019, 09:31 PM
30973........SOMEBODAH......BOUGHT.....SOME AIRPLANE GLUE.......xeekx...........BRAWK!

Well there is one of the 8 that Nova runs over annually. Want to guess who that is Clucker? Word out of Nova camp that the QB situation has improved dramatically. That was the major concern. Good play there & you guys will be a dead dirty bird once again this November. xtroublexxpeacex

Mattymc727
August 1st, 2019, 05:23 AM
I have a feeling the conference is going to flip on its head again. Nova, UD, UNH all back in the mix

CenMEBlackBearFan
August 1st, 2019, 08:30 AM

Can't wait for this one either since we play both of you, ESPN+?

Gangtackle11
August 1st, 2019, 09:17 AM
Can't wait for this one either since we play both of you, ESPN+?

CBS Sports Network.

Henny
August 1st, 2019, 10:31 AM
I think Nova should focus on getting their first winning season since Barry O was in Office!

Gangtackle11
August 1st, 2019, 11:18 AM
I think Nova should focus on getting their first winning season since Barry O was in Office!

Your Mr. Chicken made a comment. I responded.

The big bad Delaware makes a cameo appearance in the playoffs last season for the 1st time since 2010& now suggesting what their Daddy Villanova should focus on? Don’t bet your chicken farm that your boys are going back to the playoffs as the 6th CAA team after the eggs the conference laid last November. Blue Hens will need 8+ & a win over Nova to get in. Highly doubtful.

Keep spending the state’s hard working tax payers $$ to build a mediocre FCS football program among others. It’s great that the octogenarians have a place to congregate a few fall Saturdays a year in Delaware. xpeacex

Henny
August 1st, 2019, 11:39 AM
HAHAHA!!

The money came from donations from people who care about Delaware Athletics. The rest came from a University that doesn't get squat from the state or tax payers. No increase in student fees and not even bonds issued.

UD has a multi billion dollar endowment and its really ok to throw a few million into a project that's loooong overdue.

BTW the facilities (Whitney Athletic Center) are among the very best in FCS (if not the best) and the people calling the shots expect nothing short of championships.

Mediocrity isn't an option here anymore.

caribbeanhen
August 1st, 2019, 09:25 PM
Your Mr. Chicken made a comment. I responded.

The big bad Delaware makes a cameo appearance in the playoffs last season for the 1st time since 2010& now suggesting what their Daddy Villanova should focus on? Don’t bet your chicken farm that your boys are going back to the playoffs as the 6th CAA team after the eggs the conference laid last November. Blue Hens will need 8+ & a win over Nova to get in. Highly doubtful.

Keep spending the state’s hard working tax payers $$ to build a mediocre FCS football program among others. It’s great that the octogenarians have a place to congregate a few fall Saturdays a year in Delaware. xpeacex

GT.... No rented Mule reference in your weekly Delaware rant...... you must be putting in a new playbook for the coming season ....xpeacex

Gangtackle11
August 1st, 2019, 09:50 PM
GT.... No rented Mule reference in your weekly Delaware rant...... you must be putting in a new playbook for the coming season ....xpeacex

I have a lot of material to work with here Carib...xpeacex

caribbeanhen
August 1st, 2019, 10:06 PM
I have a lot of material to work with here Carib...xpeacex

Yes, seeing you're the President, VP, treasurer, and game day Mini Van driver for the Villanova Football Club the work can pile up quick......xcoffeex

better go out and recruit another Nova fan for the Board to give you a breather

Gangtackle11
August 2nd, 2019, 07:28 AM
Yes, seeing you're the President, VP, treasurer, and game day Mini Van driver for the Villanova Football Club the work can pile up quick......xcoffeex

better go out and recruit another Nova fan for the Board to give you a breather

And from the mighty Delaware contingent is you in the witness protection program somewhere in the Caribbean, Henny who is a Kardashian uncle, an overgrown Chicken who calls himself Mister, and occasionally a misguided discolored Chicken from Ohio. May be that your fan base average age doesn’t even own a computer or smart phone?

Really a tremendous showing from the greatest FCS program in history. The one that is 21-29-1 overall (1-12 last 13 & 0-3 with Coach Crooko) vs. the Catholic school that likes hoops from Philly.

Its really hard to take Delaware serious as a super power in today’s FCS. They look like everyone else in the CAA not named JMU. It’s a long time from KC. xpeacex

KPSUL
August 2nd, 2019, 10:40 PM
And from the mighty Delaware contingent is you in the witness protection program somewhere in the Caribbean, Henny who is a Kardashian uncle, an overgrown Chicken who calls himself Mister, and occasionally a misguided discolored Chicken from Ohio. May be that your fan base average age doesn’t even own a computer or smart phone?

Really a tremendous showing from the greatest FCS program in history. The one that is 21-29-1 overall (1-12 last 13 & 0-3 with Coach Crooko) vs. the Catholic school that likes hoops from Philly.

Its really hard to take Delaware serious as a super power in today’s FCS. They look like everyone else in the CAA not named JMU. It’s a long time from Tubby Raymond. xpeacex

FIFY

caribbeanhen
August 3rd, 2019, 07:41 AM

Its really hard to take Delaware serious as a super power in today’s FCS. They look like everyone else in the CAA not named JMU. It’s a long time from KC. xpeacex

Shush...

melloware13
August 5th, 2019, 04:35 PM
I'm going to be putting up the CAA Pick'em for Weeks 0 & 1 soon

MR. CHICKEN
August 6th, 2019, 07:29 AM
I'm going to be putting up the CAA Pick'em for Weeks 0 & 1 soon

..........LET'S......GET IT ON......SAGE'S 'N SEER'S.........xhypedx........BRAWK!!

Gangtackle11
September 24th, 2019, 11:02 AM

Just bumping this here for future reference. MR. CHIK-FIL-A might have tried to delete this & other posts to get rid of the evidence. Not happening. It’s here for all to see what a dumb clucker he will turn out to be. xpeacex