PDA

View Full Version : National Title Game: #1 North Dakota State vs #3 Eastern Washington

Pages : [1] 2 3

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2018, 10:08 PM
3 long weeks until this game... can we keep a thread civil and interesting at the same time for that long? I doubt it but let's get it started regardless.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2018, 10:11 PM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4900/46236772812_64791af2ed_b.jpg

NDSU1980
December 15th, 2018, 10:12 PM
It should stay civil, there isn't much to argue about on this. Bison roll

Red & Black
December 15th, 2018, 10:20 PM
I think some folks may be forming their opinions somewhat based off of last year’s result. Different year, different teams.

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2018, 10:26 PM
I think some folks may be forming their opinions somewhat based off of last year’s result. Different year, different teams.
What was the deal with Tiuli today? Seemed like the announcers (at least while I was watching the game) were in the dark as to why he was scratched shortly before game time. I remember him going out of that 2017 matchup and after that happened the Bison run game starting going through the EWU run defense like a hot knife through butter.

Schism55
December 15th, 2018, 10:48 PM
EWU gave up 480 yards to that clogged toilet offense of Maine today?? Yikes. Bison will drop an 800 burger on them xbowx

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 15th, 2018, 11:03 PM
This is gonna be more one sided than the Ike & Tina Turner 1976 fight.

NDSU will roll by as many as they want to score

ming01
December 15th, 2018, 11:13 PM

EWU is indeed obviously better. I don't think they're better than last years JMU team. NDSUs is better than last year. If we avoid turnovers it will be a similar result to the SDSU game.

Lorne_Malvo
December 15th, 2018, 11:20 PM

I agree. NDSU really wasnt that great last year compared to this year. ;)

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2018, 11:37 PM
What sort of affect does a 9AM local start time have on EWU? I wonder when the last time it was that they played in a game that kicked off this early? Looks like they had a 1PM ET/10AM PT kickoff at Fordham last year.

I think the teams generally get to Frisco on the Wednesday before the game so they'll have some time to acclimate but a slow start is the last thing they'd want against a team like NDSU.

citdog
December 15th, 2018, 11:41 PM
EWU is all beat up on defense. The 3-weeks should be a blessing to them.

Daytripper
December 16th, 2018, 01:04 AM
If the over/under is 90...take the over..

Derby City Duke
December 16th, 2018, 01:10 AM
Bison Rick-roll 'em

Scooter
December 16th, 2018, 01:52 AM

I doubt NDSU will score 65 points in this contest. Take the under.

thebootfitter
December 16th, 2018, 02:05 AM
If the over/under is 90...take the over..I disagree. I see EWU scoring no more than 21-28 pts. Maybe a field goal for 31, but I think that's a stretch. That won't be enough, as the Bison will score more on the Eagle's defense.

I suspect the Eags will get a fast start and probably go up early on the Bison. Maybe even 14-0 in the first quarter. I think the Bison D will adjust and the Eagles will struggle to score after that. They'll probably still break one or two big plays at some point in the game, but it will already be well under control by the Bison on both sides. The Eagles line play won't be able to match the physicality of the Bison and will be overwhelmed by about the half.

I'm going to guess a score similar to the SDSU game. I'll call it 42-24. It will be exciting for a half. Eastern will break that one big play in the second half to give them just enough hope for a bit more excitement. They won't quit, but they'll just be overwhelmed.

No matter what, it will be a fun experience in Frisco! I expect Eastern to bring at least 5K. Enough to make some noise and make for an electric environment.

I was at the EWU-Maine game today, cheering for Eastern. (My 7-yr old boy refused to wear his Bison jersey and wanted to get an EWU jersey since we were cheering for them. He didn't have enough money for the jersey, so he had to go without.) 😂

We were able to get on the field afterward when the fans rushed the field to celebrate the win. We even got to congratulate a few players. They looked confused when they saw my Bison hat, so I followed the "congratulations" with a "We'll see you in a few weeks!"

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2018, 08:01 AM
My take on this upcoming game:

1. EWU has a better defense compared to years past. In the past, EWU would just try to outscore you and if the game was 56-52 then all is well. Now they are #55 in total defense and #22 in scoring defense. The difference I see is the front 7 on defense. Collectively, they are a better group. Now are they good enough to hold down the Bison power running game and passing game off of that running game? We will see.

2. NDSU is better than last year IMO. Offense is better and the defense is just as good or slightly better. Special teams is better for the Bison also. And watching EWU, they are not JMU of last year, esp on defense.

3. EWU is going to be an interesting match up. They are not 1-dimensional in the pass. They have a running game and use it. I'm sure the Bison will do what they always try to do.....stop the run and make EWU 1-dimensional. This will be a big challenge for the Bison defense. They will have to bring their A game and I suspect they will. The Bison are the best defense in the FCS. Stats wise they are #2 in scoring and #4 in total but the teams above them are no where near the Bison. I saw Colgate in person and they are a good defense but we all know which team has the better defense.

4. Bison's best defensive plan? Like always, keep the ball on offense. Grind down EWU and keep the ball away from their offense. G gap power, zone blocking to the perimeter and fullback leads. EWU's defense is going to have to play their best game ever to have a chance to win this game. Now throw in that ES is playing on another level right now.....good luck EWU.

5. Old hat for NDSU. Been there done that. How is EWU going to handle the 3 week break and all of the other distractions?

6. Home game for the Bison. 75-80% Bison fans in Toyota Stadium.

7. To me it is going to come down to the EWU defense and if they can stop the Bison. I'm not too worried about the Bison defense. EWU will get some plays and some points on this defense but not enough. In a nutshell, IMO, the Bison defense is good enough to slow down and contain EWU's offense but not the other way around.

8. IMHO, this game will turn out about like the SDSU semi final game.

9. Interesting common opponent game. Both played Cal Poly. NDSU could have dropped 120 on the Mustangs. EWU blew them out also but Gubrud was throwing TDs in the 4th quarter.....running up the score? CP still rushed for 380....xwhistlex.....CP rushed for 80 against the Bison. One reason why I think NDSU is going to own the LOS.

10. Looking forward to another Bison championship game and another title....xnodx

Bison56
December 16th, 2018, 08:16 AM
Going to be a nail biter.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Going to be a nail biter.#BOOKIT

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2018, 08:20 AM
#BOOKIT

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29745&stc=1

I like it!!!

TheRevSFA
December 16th, 2018, 08:50 AM
I’m cheering for whichever team’s fan base gets me the drunkest...

...so probably NDSU

Iridebikes
December 16th, 2018, 08:53 AM
EWU gave up 480 yards to that clogged toilet offense of Maine today?? Yikes. Bison will drop an 800 burger on them xbowx

That's funny!! You decide the winner by who gets the most yards? Every one else uses the point system, determined by the number of touchdowns, field goals and safeties scored. In that case Maine was held under its season average by a defense with six starters out. You go ahead and keep counting yards. We'll play for points.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2018, 08:56 AM
EWU is indeed obviously better. I don't think they're better than last years JMU team. NDSUs is better than last year. If we avoid turnovers it will be a similar result to the SDSU game.

totally agree, this game should be over in the second quarter

Kramden
December 16th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Curious how many FBS Conferences would this Bison Team had been champions this year. I'm thinking 3, (MAC, Sun Belt, CUSA). Interested in others view.

NDSUtk
December 16th, 2018, 09:22 AM
I’m cheering for whichever team’s fan base gets me the drunkest...

...so probably NDSUProbably? Please don't offend us like that ....

Three things Fargo is known for: football, cold weather, and binge drinking. 2 out of 3 in Frisco...

Hammerhead
December 16th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Add the AAC and Moutain West. Sagarin has NDSU at #17 after the semifinals which is above Central Florida and Fresno State.

Curious how many FBS Conferences would this Bison Team had been champions this year. I'm thinking 3, (MAC, Sun Belt, CUSA). Interested in others view.

TheRevSFA
December 16th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Probably? Please don't offend us like that ....

Three things Fargo is known for: football, cold weather, and binge drinking. 2 out of 3 in Frisco...

Last time I was in frisco for the natty it was cold by Texas standards

JSUSoutherner
December 16th, 2018, 09:40 AM

By that logic Kennesaw State has a better defense than NDSU.

JSUSoutherner
December 16th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Last time I was in frisco for the natty it was cold by Texas standards

Even NDSU fans were telling us it was cold in 2015. That wind sucked.

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2018, 10:32 AM

Not sure NDSU could sustain attendance to be in a FBS conference. First 2 playoff games were not even sold out. Playing for the chance at a bowl game, does not really attract my interest.

Schism55
December 16th, 2018, 10:50 AM
By that logic Kennesaw State has a better defense than NDSU.
Holy **** man, you cannot be this stupid.

JSUSoutherner
December 16th, 2018, 10:52 AM
Holy **** man, you cannot be this stupid.I'm not the one using the transitive property for yardage.

Direct your question at the one I quoted.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

jmu007
December 16th, 2018, 10:58 AM
I expect a high scoring game. If EWU can withstand the 1st quarter onslaught of essentially a Bison home game, I think they can win a shootout. I voted EWU in the poll based on this. Certainly beats the idea of watching another blow out if I'm wrong.

jmu007
December 16th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Even NDSU fans were telling us it was cold in 2015. That wind sucked.

2016 was awful as well. 2017 wasn't as bad, but it sure would've been nice to have warm weather just once.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2018, 11:01 AM
The first to 30 wins this game.

frozennorth
December 16th, 2018, 11:47 AM
I doubt NDSU will score 65 points in this contest. Take the under.
my pick was gonna be 66-24 xrotatehx

kalm
December 16th, 2018, 11:56 AM
I disagree. I see EWU scoring no more than 21-28 pts. Maybe a field goal for 31, but I think that's a stretch. That won't be enough, as the Bison will score more on the Eagle's defense.

I suspect the Eags will get a fast start and probably go up early on the Bison. Maybe even 14-0 in the first quarter. I think the Bison D will adjust and the Eagles will struggle to score after that. They'll probably still break one or two big plays at some point in the game, but it will already be well under control by the Bison on both sides. The Eagles line play won't be able to match the physicality of the Bison and will be overwhelmed by about the half.

I'm going to guess a score similar to the SDSU game. I'll call it 42-24. It will be exciting for a half. Eastern will break that one big play in the second half to give them just enough hope for a bit more excitement. They won't quit, but they'll just be overwhelmed.

No matter what, it will be a fun experience in Frisco! I expect Eastern to bring at least 5K. Enough to make some noise and make for an electric environment.

I was at the EWU-Maine game today, cheering for Eastern. (My 7-yr old boy refused to wear his Bison jersey and wanted to get an EWU jersey since we were cheering for them. He didn't have enough money for the jersey, so he had to go without.) 

We were able to get on the field afterward when the fans rushed the field to celebrate the win. We even got to congratulate a few players. They looked confused when they saw my Bison hat, so I followed the "congratulations" with a "We'll see you in a few weeks!"

It was nice seeing you and the kiddo yesterday!

My early thoughts...

NDSU is the favorite based on experience and depth. EWU played without Big Sky Conference Defensive MVP Jaytee Tiuli (320 lb DT) yesterday due to a violation of team rules and the rumors are he won't be coming back. His backups played great but if he's done and Keenan Williams isn't back from injury that pulls two out of rotation on the DL and those two happen to be our best run stopper and best pass rusher. We're also out both starting safeties and a LB from the start of the season. Couple the losses on D with 4 starters on offense including Gubrud and it's simply amazing what Best has been able to do. But that still makes us thin and less experienced.

Bizon are 8th in SoS and EWU is 11th. That might surprise some but NDSU's OOC schedule was weaker and you can argue that so was their path to the finals. NDSU faced 3 playoff teams in the regular season, winning all three, where Eastern played 3 plus a 10-2 Wazzu going 2-2.

The teams are ranked 9th and 10th in rushing offense at around 270 ypg. EWU is 21st in passing offense and NDSU is 87th but some of that is due to scheme and philosophy and Stick can certainly fling it if he needs to.

NDSU is 12th in rushing D giving 106 ypg. EWU is 46th giving up 156. NDSU is 11th in passing yards allowed at 173 and EWU is 73rd at 222.

EWU is 4th at 44 ppg in scoring offense, NDSU is 6th at 42. NDSU is 2nd in scoring D at 11 ppg while EWU is 22nd at 22.

NDSU is +17 in turnover margin and EWU is 8. Both teams take it away well, but EWU has given it up more.

We all know how well NDSU's D closes on the ball and swarms. With just a couple of exceptions, they've shut down everyone, but it's not impossible to make plays over the top or even move it a little on the ground.

Barriere put on a clinic yesterday and we were also able to run it for 220 against the nation's leading defense in rushing yards allowed. Watching that game and the Nicholls game the o-line proved it can have success against a physical and stout front.

If Barriere plays well, we get some bullets back on D, and win the T.O. margin, I think we have a legit shot at the upset.

X-Factor
December 16th, 2018, 12:07 PM

lol I’d be willing be bet several dimes on the under at 90. NDSU will let off the gas as they always do.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2018, 12:23 PM

My early thoughts...

NDSU is the favorite based on experience and depth. EWU played without Big Sky Conference Defensive MVP Jaytee Tiuli (320 lb DT) yesterday due to a violation of team rules and the rumors are he won't be coming back. His backups played great but if he's done and Keenan Williams isn't back from injury that pulls two out of rotation on the DL and those two happen to be our best run stopper and best pass rusher. We're also out both starting safeties and a LB from the start of the season. Couple the losses on D with 4 starters on offense including Gubrud and it's simply amazing what Best has been able to do. But that still makes us thin and less experienced.

Bizon are 8th in SoS and EWU is 11th. That might surprise some but NDSU's OOC schedule was weaker and you can argue that so was their path to the finals. NDSU faced 3 playoff teams in the regular season, winning all three, where Eastern played 3 plus a 10-2 Wazzu going 2-2.

The teams are ranked 9th and 10th in rushing offense at around 270 ypg. EWU is 21st in passing offense and NDSU is 87th but some of that is due to scheme and philosophy and Stick can certainly fling it if he needs to.

NDSU is 12th in rushing D giving 106 ypg. EWU is 46th giving up 156. NDSU is 11th in passing yards allowed at 173 and EWU is 73rd at 222.

EWU is 4th at 44 ppg in scoring offense, NDSU is 6th at 42. NDSU is 2nd in scoring D at 11 ppg while EWU is 22nd at 22.

NDSU is +17 in turnover margin and EWU is 8. Both teams take it away well, but EWU has given it up more.

We all know how well NDSU's D closes on the ball and swarms. With just a couple of exceptions, they've shut down everyone, but it's not impossible to make plays over the top or even move it a little on the ground.

Barriere put on a clinic yesterday and we were also able to run it for 220 against the nation's leading defense in rushing yards allowed. Watching that game and the Nicholls game the o-line proved it can have success against a physical and stout front.

If Barriere plays well, we get some bullets back on D, and win the T.O. margin, I think we have a legit shot at the upset.
Good post! And kudos to your guys for holding it together despite all those injuries. NDSU dealt with something similar last year but this year they've been able to stay remarkably healthy to this point. The RBs took a beating between the Colgate and SDSU games but they go 5 deep there and the injuries (all except for the one Dunn suffered against Colgate) seem fairly minor so the 3 week layoff should help.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2018, 05:10 PM

EWU is not getting 30.....xnodx

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2018, 05:11 PM
EWU is not getting 30.....xnodxExactly. First to 30.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

clawman
December 16th, 2018, 07:47 PM

I think you might be right on that. As far as home field advantage for the Bison, if the Eagles can slow the big play and stay close it will quite the NDSU crowd.
The three weeks off to rest and heal will be VERY beneficial for the Eagles

cx500d
December 16th, 2018, 07:53 PM
I think you might be right on that. As far as home field advantage for the Bison, if the Eagles can slow the big play and stay close it will quite the NDSU crowd.

You are right, it will be "quite the NDSU crowd."

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 16th, 2018, 08:10 PM
Matt Larson says NDSU is the home team.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2018, 08:52 PM

I expect a 70/30 ratio and the best thing EWU is to take the ball first and try and score right away. I am trying to convince my friend to go but he is hesitant. He went to Winona State so he doesn't have the "excitement" that I do, especially considering I went to NDSU and remember watching that infamous game at a friends house that day. Out of all the Title games, outside the first one, which I went to, this is the game I so desperately want to get to.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2018, 08:53 PM
Matt Larson says NDSU is the home team.

I hope they role this out then:

-Gold Jerseys
-Green Pants
-Harvest Helmets

dewey
December 16th, 2018, 09:08 PM
Here is a post from the Bison Media Blog about the big matchup.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/a-matchup-worth-waiting-for/

Dewey

Schism55
December 16th, 2018, 09:12 PM
I hope they role this out then:

-Gold Jerseys
-Green Pants
-Harvest Helmets
Heck yeah, or the white jerseys like they wore in last years title game look sick with the green helmets and green pants too!

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2018, 09:14 PM
Heck yeah, or the white jerseys like they wore in last years title game look sick with the green helmets and green pants too!

I'd rather EWU be in the white to limit the amount of red they can wear. No one should have to stare at that much red. It violates the 8th Amendment.

I do love the Green and the White, but those Gold jerseys are straight fire with the Harvest helmets and Green bottoms.

Schism55
December 16th, 2018, 09:21 PM
I'd rather EWU be in the white to limit the amount of red they can wear. No one should have to stare at that much red. It violates the 8th Amendment.

I do love the Green and the White, but those Gold jerseys are straight fire with the Harvest helmets and Green bottoms.

Lol, fair point good sir.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2018, 09:25 PM
Lol, fair point good sir.

I was watching the game with Upstate, and it was hard to continue to watch the game knowing the field was in the background. It helped that our bartender could give our eyes some much needed rest from looking at the Inferno.

Mfergy4
December 16th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Not sure NDSU could sustain attendance to be in a FBS conference. First 2 playoff games were not even sold out. Playing for the chance at a bowl game, does not really attract my interest.
Second that opinion.

dudeitsaid
December 17th, 2018, 12:07 AM
On paper, NDSU should win this game. But as coach Best said, games aren't played on paper, they are played on the field. And EWU is the only team with the opportunity to beat the Bison on the field in the championship game.

Will they do it? Once again, I'm sure in addition to the stats, Vegas, the pollsters, and most people with any knowledge of FCS football will say no.

But, this is the most complete team I've seen from EWU in a while. I don't care if NDSU makes Eastern 1 dimensional. Because that dimension is extremely capable. EWU can pass the ball. And if that's what Eastern needs to do, they will. They also have three very capable running backs (assuming Tamarick Pierce is out unfortunately, which as a bruiser, he'd be a solid option against the Bison D). I'm sure Barriere will have a spy, as TC did, but his running capabilities have to be accounted for as well.

The Eastern D has given up some yards. But they've been opportunistic when they needed to. NDSU will get some yards, without a doubt, and will be hard to stop from scoring. But the Eagle D may just get enough stops to make it interesting.

EWU's special teams are solid this year as well, and if it comes down to a kickers leg, I think Roldan Alcobendas would love the legacy of kicking a game winner, if it came down to that, in the NC.

All of that being said, having watched the Bison play, they are a TREMENDOUS team! The discipline, culture, aggression, and strength are something to behold. Even with EWU's best game, it is going to be a monumental test, IMO, and very well won't be enough. But Eastern has won games it shouldn't have won before, and this game can definitely fall into that.

Most of all, it's always my desire that the biggest FCS game on the biggest stage does the entire FCS proud, and is an exciting, entertaining game for anyone that watches it.

thebootfitter
December 17th, 2018, 03:01 AM
Good seeing you too! Thanks again for the hospitality! The kiddo had a blast! (Though he was pretty bummed I didn't cough up the $60 for an EWU jersey.)

I like the statistical analysis. Definitely some solid points to ponder. And I agree wholeheartedly with your summary quoted here. Anything can happen. On paper, I think there's certainly the chance of an upset. As a fan (and especially as a player!), you've got to go into it thinking that there's a real chance. I just don't see it playing out that way. I just think too many factors favor the Bison in this game -- in both the tangible and the intangible categories. (But I've been wrong before.)

I am a little surprised at the current results of the poll, though. Something like 84% to 16% right now. I was guessing that voters would have given EWU at least as much of a chance at the upset as they gave SDSU. I think that poll ended up at around 75% to 25%. (Coincidentally, the computers are suggesting a very similar chance at an upset as the voters in this poll thus far. Massey is showing about a 17% chance that EWU wins. Sagarin computes to roughly the same. Both show a 12-13 point advantage for the Bison on a neutral field.)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2018, 06:16 AM
On paper, NDSU should win this game. But as coach Best said, games aren't played on paper, they are played on the field. And EWU is the only team with the opportunity to beat the Bison on the field in the championship game.

Will they do it? Once again, I'm sure in addition to the stats, Vegas, the pollsters, and most people with any knowledge of FCS football will say no.

But, this is the most complete team I've seen from EWU in a while. I don't care if NDSU makes Eastern 1 dimensional. Because that dimension is extremely capable. EWU can pass the ball. And if that's what Eastern needs to do, they will. They also have three very capable running backs (assuming Tamarick Pierce is out unfortunately, which as a bruiser, he'd be a solid option against the Bison D). I'm sure Barriere will have a spy, as TC did, but his running capabilities have to be accounted for as well.

The Eastern D has given up some yards. But they've been opportunistic when they needed to. NDSU will get some yards, without a doubt, and will be hard to stop from scoring. But the Eagle D may just get enough stops to make it interesting.

EWU's special teams are solid this year as well, and if it comes down to a kickers leg, I think Roldan Alcobendas would love the legacy of kicking a game winner, if it came down to that, in the NC.

All of that being said, having watched the Bison play, they are a TREMENDOUS team! The discipline, culture, aggression, and strength are something to behold. Even with EWU's best game, it is going to be a monumental test, IMO, and very well won't be enough. But Eastern has won games it shouldn't have won before, and this game can definitely fall into that.

Most of all, it's always my desire that the biggest FCS game on the biggest stage does the entire FCS proud, and is an exciting, entertaining game for anyone that watches it.

Good post and I tend to agree.

For the Bison it will come down to, as it always does, controlling the clock with their run game/play action pass and keeping the other team's offense off the field.

During this "run", I have watched 2 teams physically dominate the Bison (UNI in 14 and JMU in 16) and SDSU has won with exceptional talent at the skill positions. Watching EWU they have the skill to beat the Bison for sure. Now can they? IMO, EWU will not overpower NDSU like UNI/JMU have done but most certainly they can explode for big plays with their skill position players.

Barriere looks good. He's a pretty small guy. He rides the RB with the fake run really well in the RPO....reminds me of the Colgate QB. Arm is decent. WRs and RBs are good.

I actually prefer this match up. Maine would have just tried to out-muscle the Bison and that would have gone no where. EWU will pose a big challenge because they can run and pass.

Line of scrimmage: If EWU cannot get off the field on defense....they lose. If the Bison cannot get pressure and contain Barriere , they are in trouble and will probably lose.

kalm
December 17th, 2018, 07:22 AM

For the Bison it will come down to, as it always does, controlling the clock with their run game/play action pass and keeping the other team's offense off the field.

During this "run", I have watched 2 teams physically dominate the Bison (UNI in 14 and JMU in 16) and SDSU has won with exceptional talent at the skill positions. Watching EWU they have the skill to beat the Bison for sure. Now can they? IMO, EWU will not overpower NDSU like UNI/JMU have done but most certainly they can explode for big plays with their skill position players.

Barriere looks good. He's a pretty small guy. He rides the RB with the fake run really well in the RPO....reminds me of the Colgate QB. Arm is decent. WRs and RBs are good.

I actually prefer this match up. Maine would have just tried to out-muscle the Bison and that would have gone no where. EWU will pose a big challenge because they can run and pass.

Line of scrimmage: If EWU cannot get off the field on defense....they lose. If the Bison cannot get pressure and contain Barriere , they are in trouble and will probably lose.

This. Good post.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2018, 07:38 AM

I think it will be a great game and there is no doubt that EW could win it. Should be a fun one!

Bisonator
December 17th, 2018, 07:39 AM

Pretty spot on here.xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2018, 08:09 AM
This is the key to EWU staying in the game. There's been a couple good posts from the EWU guys about what it'll take to win but they focus mostly on the skill guys on their offense. EWU's lines, on both sides of the ball, need to match up physically with NDSU's lines. If they don't nothing else matters.

Yes, SDSU has beaten the Bison with good skill players but they also stood up physically (and probably even beat them) at the LOS in those games.

kalm
December 17th, 2018, 08:30 AM
This is the key to EWU staying in the game. There's been a couple good posts from the EWU guys about what it'll take to win but they focus mostly on the skill guys on their offense. EWU's lines, on both sides of the ball, need to match up physically with NDSU's lines. If they don't nothing else matters.

Yes, SDSU has beaten the Bison with good skill players but they also stood up physically (and probably even beat them) at the LOS in those games.

I think the o-line can compete and protect and there's some different things I'd expect us to do schematically to buy Barriere some time and space outside the pocket. Remember, Nichols had a VERY good front 7 and though Maine didn't look good last week, they're TFL and sack numbers this season were off the charts and may have been even better than the Colonels. I fully expect NDSU to be better yet so they'll have their hands full but I wouldn't be surprised to see us win some battles.

On D, I haven't heard anything yet on injury recovery for DE Keenan Williams or the Jay-Tee Tiuli situation and whether his suspension from the team for an altercation is permanent. Tiuli is a 320 lb middle clogger and BSC Defensive MVP. The rest of the DL played truly inspired against Maine including an underclassman, but having all of our bullets certainly makes life easier.

This is not the same EWU team you're used to seeing. The receiving corps is probably the weakest of the skill positions. We throw to TE's more now and have 4 really solid RB's - two bruisers and two speed guys. Sound familiar?

Professor
December 17th, 2018, 08:52 AM
NDSU by 21

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2018, 08:52 AM
I think the o-line can compete and protect and there's some different things I'd expect us to do schematically to buy Barriere some time and space outside the pocket. Remember, Nichols had a VERY good front 7 and though Maine didn't look good last week, they're TFL and sack numbers this season were off the charts and may have been even better than the Colonels. I fully expect NDSU to be better yet so they'll have their hands full but I wouldn't be surprised to see us win some battles.

On D, I haven't heard anything yet on injury recovery for DE Keenan Williams or the Jay-Tee Tiuli situation and whether his suspension from the team for an altercation is permanent. Tiuli is a 320 lb middle clogger and BSC Defensive MVP. The rest of the DL played truly inspired against Maine including an underclassman, but having all of our bullets certainly makes life easier.

This is not the same EWU team you're used to seeing. The receiving corps is probably the weakest of the skill positions. We throw to TE's more now and have 4 really solid RB's - two bruisers and two speed guys. Sound familiar?What are these TEs you speak of? xlolx All we know if running the ball, getting the ball to Shepherd and occassionally Watson/Sproles, and running the ball.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2018, 09:51 AM

This is not the same EWU team you're used to seeing. The receiving corps is probably the weakest of the skill positions. We throw to TE's more now and have 4 really solid RB's - two bruisers and two speed guys. Sound familiar?
This guy looked pretty good last Saturday. ;)

https://www.animationsource.org/sites_content/lion_king/upload/articles/pic_detail4f4bd13644612.png

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2018, 10:02 AM

And yet not a Buck finalist. Weird. xcoffeex

ysubigred
December 17th, 2018, 10:12 AM
NDSU 45 - 13

AggieFinn
December 17th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Looking forward to a good game.

It will be interesting to see how EWU comes out in the first quarter. NDSU has been through this National Final song and dance (3 week Holiday layover) quite a few times, and no doubt will be in familiar territory.

Overcoming the new environment and all the emotion early, avoiding drops, missed assignments and mental miscues, big keys for the Eagles.

I'll be close to Vegas during the game, might have to lay down $50 after I see the final line.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Looking forward to a good game.

It will be interesting to see how EWU comes out in the first quarter. NDSU has been through this National Final song and dance (3 week Holiday layover) quite a few times, and no doubt will be in familiar territory.

Overcoming the new environment and all the emotion early, avoiding drops, missed assignments and mental miscues, big keys for the Eagles.

I'll be close to Vegas during the game, might have to lay down $50 after I see the final line.
It's also going to be a 9AM PT kickoff time. Not sure what, if any, affect that will have on EWU's ability to get off to a good start.

kalm
December 17th, 2018, 10:47 AM
And yet not a Buck finalist. Weird. xcoffeex

As Lance likes to point out on the Wedge Podcast, the awards are almost exclusively a numbers game.

kalm
December 17th, 2018, 10:49 AM
It's also going to be a 9AM PT kickoff time. Not sure what, if any, affect that will have on EWU's ability to get off to a good start.

11:00 Pacific didn't seem to hurt us last week although I'm guessing we'll be there a few days to get acclimated so it might feel different. IIRC, in 2010 the team was down there damn near a week. How many days has it been the last few years?

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2018, 10:51 AM
11:00 Pacific didn't seem to hurt us last week although I'm guessing we'll be there a few days to get acclimated so it might feel different. IIRC, in 2010 the team was down there damn near a week. How many days has it been the last few years?
I believe the teams usually get in the Wednesday before the game so they'll have some time to acclimate.

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2018, 10:51 AM
As Lance likes to point out on the Wedge Podcast, the awards are almost exclusively a numbers game.
Who? What? The Big Sky voters are dummies is what I'm trying to say.

kalm
December 17th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Who? What? The Big Sky voters are dummies is what I'm trying to say.

Oh...sorry, I forgot about Dante. LOL.

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Oh...sorry, I forgot about Dante. LOL.

Careful, he may just end up playing for your Seahawks one day. xcoffeex

DEX
December 17th, 2018, 11:46 AM

Sunbelt would have been interesting. Would love to see NDSU vs App State, GA Southern or Troy State.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2018, 12:34 PM
NCAA was relatively quick getting the stats updated on their site this week so here's the team stats comparison for the natty.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4814/32485022458_b85eb4671d_b.jpg

If you're interested in any additional comparisons let me know. I don't have everything the NCAA has on their stats website but I've got 118 stat categories I can easily pull out and, unlike the NCAA's website I can get national rankings for each team in any of them.

Red & Black
December 17th, 2018, 01:02 PM

So he got into a fight? Stupid at any point in the season, but right before a semifinal game where your team needs you? Pretty disappointing, to say the least. Keith Moore has done an admirable job, but we need Tiuli in the middle for sure.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2018, 01:04 PM
It will be a CAA officiating crew, the same crew that did the SDSU/Kennesaw quarterfinal, according to refstripes (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=890457d141e15cb70b206f9952658a cc&topic=14211.0).

Red & Black
December 17th, 2018, 01:05 PM
This guy looked pretty good last Saturday. ;)

https://www.animationsource.org/sites_content/lion_king/upload/articles/pic_detail4f4bd13644612.png

The receivers are probably not quite up to par from what you'd expect from EWU, and certainly not the quality of the 2016 team that took NDSU to OT in the Fargo Dome. That said, there's a couple of burners that can beat DB's over the top. Webster is one, and Boston is the other.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2018, 01:08 PM
The receivers are still pretty good, although perhaps not as good as what EWU is used to. And probably a far cry from the 2016 team that took NDSU to OT in the Fargo Dome.

We still have a couple of guys that can beat teams over the top for sure, though.
It might be a long time before any FCS team has receivers as good as EWU did that year. Did Shaq Hill ever catch on anywhere in the NFL?

Red & Black
December 17th, 2018, 01:11 PM
It might be a long time before any FCS team has receivers as good as EWU did that year. Did Shaq Hill ever catch on anywhere in the NFL?

I haven't kept up on Shaq, but I don't think he did. The last camp I remember him being a part of was with Tampa Bay. Size was probably an issue for him.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2018, 02:37 PM
The receivers are probably not quite up to par from what you'd expect from EWU, and certainly not the quality of the 2016 team that took NDSU to OT in the Fargo Dome. That said, there's a couple of burners that can beat DB's over the top. Webster is one, and Boston is the other.This is where I am glad we have Allison to matchup on Webster and Hendricks/Grimsley over the top to ensure Barriere (I think that's how you spell it) thinks twice about going to his guy with Bridges taking the #2 WR. Don't be surprised if NDSU plays cover 2 most of the game and forces EWU to beat them on the ground.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2018, 03:48 PM
NDSU opens as a 13.5 point favorite with an O/U of 60.5 on 5dimes.

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2018, 04:44 PM
#BOOKIT
Pod's kiss of death xlolx

citdog
December 17th, 2018, 06:29 PM
NCAA was relatively quick getting the stats updated on their site this week so here's the team stats comparison for the natty.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4814/32485022458_b85eb4671d_b.jpg

If you're interested in any additional comparisons let me know. I don't have everything the NCAA has on their stats website but I've got 118 stat categories I can easily pull out and, unlike the NCAA's website I can get national rankings for each team in any of them.

"Excuse me while I whip this out." :D

NDSU1980
December 17th, 2018, 06:49 PM
I remember Klieman saying maybe 4 years ago he liked early games, said something like the team just tries to find something to keep them occupied if the game is later in the day. I think he even said he'd play at 9 AM if he could. I also figured Stig heard that comment, because the next year we played at 6PM in Brookings. Apparently Stiggy thought he'd get an edge by playing really late in the day.

Bearkats94
December 17th, 2018, 06:59 PM
And the SLC had three teams in the playoffs and someone got left out.😜😜😜😜

srgrizizen
December 17th, 2018, 07:02 PM
You can use any combination you want, but IMO EWU wins the uniform contest hands down. Too bad for them. that's probably all they win.

cx500d
December 17th, 2018, 07:05 PM
You can use any combination you want, but IMO EWU wins the uniform contest hands down. Too bad for them. that's probably all they win.

We've played a couple ugly ass red teams before in the natty...

srgrizizen
December 17th, 2018, 07:11 PM
We've played a couple ugly ass red teams before in the natty...

And they looked better than the NDSU uniforms, too. But hey, I'd rather win the football game than the uniform contest, which is, of course, purely a matter of opinion. No baby is ugly to its mother, so NDSU is probably fine with the UNIs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2018, 07:44 PM

NDSU covers

xnodx

kalm
December 17th, 2018, 08:03 PM
This is where I am glad we have Allison to matchup on Webster and Hendricks/Grimsley over the top to ensure Barriere (I think that's how you spell it) thinks twice about going to his guy with Bridges taking the #2 WR. Don't be surprised if NDSU plays cover 2 most of the game and forces EWU to beat them on the ground.

I don’t think you’ll see us force the over top game. We really haven’t much all season. Plus those plays take time to develop which is tough to buy with your pass rush. I think any deep shots will be on RPO’s and roll outs if it’s there. SDSU had a couple but that’s because Pierre was loosening up the secondary a little.

kalm
December 17th, 2018, 08:04 PM
NDSU covers

xnodx

I’ll take that bet.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2018, 08:11 PM
I don’t think you’ll see us force the over top game. We really haven’t much all season. Plus those plays take time to develop which is tough to buy with your pass rush. I think any deep shots will be on RPO’s and roll outs if it’s there. SDSU had a couple but that’s because Pierre was loosening up the secondary a little.

I'm guessing NDSU is using SDSU as a footprint for how to stop EWU. I'd like to see Jabril be covering Eric like white on rice. NDSU has 3 weeks to work on the RPO as they got beat on that but if Eric holds the ball for more than 3-4 seconds, he will be in a similar position as TC was last week.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2018, 08:11 PM
I’ll take that bet.

He doesn't pay in greens. xlolx

Schism55
December 17th, 2018, 08:12 PM
I remember Klieman saying maybe 4 years ago he liked early games, said something like the team just tries to find something to keep them occupied if the game is later in the day. I think he even said he'd play at 9 AM if he could. I also figured Stig heard that comment, because the next year we played at 6PM in Brookings. Apparently Stiggy thought he'd get an edge by playing really late in the day.
Gotta get that daily recommended dosage of Joose in xdrunkyx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2018, 08:13 PM
I’ll take that bet.

Not some stupid ass avatar bet. AGS donation and that is it.

$500 to Ursus for a donation for the loser.

** If I lose I'll have Ursus confirm I paid up.

kalm
December 17th, 2018, 08:39 PM

Done.

kalm
December 17th, 2018, 08:40 PM
I'm guessing NDSU is using SDSU as a footprint for how to stop EWU. I'd like to see Jabril be covering Eric like white on rice. NDSU has 3 weeks to work on the RPO as they got beat on that but if Eric holds the ball for more than 3-4 seconds, he will be in a similar position as TC was last week.

Yep. If he holds the ball that long we are screwed.

MSUBobcat
December 18th, 2018, 10:15 AM

Done.

Damn, boys! Pretty confident in both your teams to put $500 on the line. Kudos to you both xthumbsupx, as I wouldn't confident enough one way or the other to put down that much. I think a tight, one-score game is as likely as a 3 score blowout. If EWU gets the bounces, they may pull out the upset, but the Bison are a juggernaut this year so the stars will have to align.

Red & Black
December 18th, 2018, 10:38 AM
Damn, boys! Pretty confident in both your teams to put $500 on the line. Kudos to you both xthumbsupx, as I wouldn't confident enough one way or the other to put down that much. I think a tight, one-score game is as likely as a 3 score blowout. If EWU gets the bounces, they may pull out the upset, but the Bison are a juggernaut this year so the stars will have to align.

Agreed. We're the 'dogs for sure. But generally speaking we like to be in that position. xthumbsupx

POD Knows
December 18th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Yep. If he holds the ball that long we are screwed.
If it takes NDSU 3 or 4 seconds to get to your QB, we are screwed.

Derby City Duke
December 18th, 2018, 11:41 AM
It will be a CAA officiating crew brought to you by Clown Car Officiating, LLC, the same crew that did the SDSU/Kennesaw quarterfinal, according to refstripes (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=890457d141e15cb70b206f9952658a cc&topic=14211.0).

FYP. Frisco and Toyota Stadium will not be able to handle the tomfoolery that is CAA officiating. Not sure their performance can be worse than CAA football's performance in these playoffs, but I'll bet they give it a good run.

wapiti
December 18th, 2018, 12:01 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2732545#post2732545)

Is this bet based on who wins? or for how much NDSU will win by?

For this amount the stakes better be clear.

kalm
December 18th, 2018, 12:10 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bison Fan in NW MN http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2732545#post2732545)

I'm getting 13.5 points. NDSU must win by 14 for BFNM to win.

Red & Black
December 18th, 2018, 12:49 PM
If it takes NDSU 3 or 4 seconds to get to your QB, we are screwed.

Also true, and probably important to note that even when defenders do get to him he's damn slippery.

The offensive line has been a bright spot, both in run blocking and pass protection. This is especially impressive given the loss of our All-Conference starting left tackle early in the year as well as the loss of a couple of other key cogs on the line. We're fortunate to be pretty deep this year. Those guys have played exceptionally well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2018, 01:03 PM

For me it is win/win. I believe the Bison will cover that point spread but even if they do not or lose the game, AGS gets a donation and that is a win in my book. I send Ursus a donation every year so this bet will piggyback right on that if I lose.

I'm confident because the more I watch EWU highlights the more I see the Bison with a big advantage on both LOS.

kalm
December 18th, 2018, 02:01 PM
For me it is win/win. I believe the Bison will cover that point spread but even if they do not or lose the game, AGS gets a donation and that is a win in my book. I send Ursus a donation every year so this bet will piggyback right on that if I lose.

I'm confident because the more I watch EWU highlights the more I see the Bison with a big advantage on both LOS.

I agree with the motivation and good on ya, for your past donations, BFNM!

Regarding the game, my confidence is increasing as well and I'm normally overly guarded about these things. Straight up, I'd bet on the Bizon but I just have a good feeling about the way our oline and entire defense is playing right now. I don't by any means think we'll shut you down, but I can see us slowing you up a little on O. On offense, Barriere won't get away with a couple of the throws he made last weak and will need to take care of the football but SDSU showed that the Bizon can be run on and plays can be made through the air. I'm guessing we'll gameplan towards getting EB3 in space and work the middle of the field. You guys simply have too much closing speed to be effective on screens and swing passes.

Best of luck. It should be an interesting chess match.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2018, 05:32 PM
I agree with the motivation and good on ya, for your past donations, BFNM!

Regarding the game, my confidence is increasing as well and I'm normally overly guarded about these things. Straight up, I'd bet on the Bizon but I just have a good feeling about the way our oline and entire defense is playing right now. I don't by any means think we'll shut you down, but I can see us slowing you up a little on O. On offense, Barriere won't get away with a couple of the throws he made last weak and will need to take care of the football but SDSU showed that the Bizon can be run on and plays can be made through the air. I'm guessing we'll gameplan towards getting EB3 in space and work the middle of the field. You guys simply have too much closing speed to be effective on screens and swing passes.

Best of luck. It should be an interesting chess match.
There is no freaking way NDSU is going to cover the 13.5 point spread, not possible, not going to happen. EWU is not SDSU, EWU's QB is not lame as **** and won't concede or drop to his knees in mortal agony before the mighty herd, he can move and throw the ball and will play like it is a championship. Frisco and Bison home field advantage be damned, the spell is broken, the tide turns, EWU rules the day.

EWU 35
NDSU 21

Bet your ride home, bet your job, your boat, your single reason for living, this is a lock, I have never been so sure of anything in my entire life. It is going to be a long drive back to the upper Midwest

You saw the prediction, live it, learn it, love it, embrace it, #BOOKIT. The money is down on EWU, it is what it is.

cx500d
December 18th, 2018, 05:39 PM
Here we go again....

EWU might as well just stay home.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2018, 05:42 PM
Here we go again....

EWU might as well just stay home.
Why, they would miss the National Championship trophy presentation and the bowling deal against the Bison. I mean, that is two victories, why would anybody stay home?

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2018, 05:45 PM
Why, they would miss the National Championship trophy presentation and the bowling deal against the Bison. I mean, that is two victories, why would anybody stay home?

Someone will have to correct me on this, but I believe the Bison have won the BBQ bowl a total of once....and I think it was against Illinois St. We can't tempt the gods and win that stupid thing. xlolx

POD Knows
December 18th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Someone will have to correct me on this, but I believe the Bison have won the BBQ bowl a total of once....and I think it was against Illinois St. We can't tempt the gods and win that stupid thing. xlolxYea, but can you imagine the bowling skill it takes to pick up chicks in Cheney, I am sure the bowlers get the babes out there. Yea, EWU beats NDSU in bowling because I got a feeling that bowling is important out there.

cx500d
December 18th, 2018, 07:03 PM

I only go for the tailgate and to find out who won the bowling tournament.

Southern Bison
December 18th, 2018, 07:06 PM
Agreed. We're the 'dogs for sure. But generally speaking we like to be in that position. xthumbsupx https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181219/3e21aa242970467466428b8c23ad999b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Schism55
December 18th, 2018, 07:09 PM
Yea, but can you imagine the bowling skill it takes to pick up chicks in Cheney, I am sure the bowlers get the babes out there. Yea, EWU beats NDSU in bowling because I got a feeling that bowling is important out there.
DQ coupons and a 78 Monte Carlo don't hurt xthumbsupx

kalm
December 18th, 2018, 07:18 PM
DQ coupons and a 78 Monte Carlo don't hurt xthumbsupx

This is some bull****. Don’t make me go to bisonville and start pulling all the pics of Trans Ams and monster trucks or the links to Winger videos.

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2018, 07:45 PM
This is some bull****. Don’t make me go to bisonville and start pulling all the pics of Trans Ams and monster trucks or the links to Winger videos.I still don't recomend going to Bisonville unless it is absolutely necessary. xlolx

TwinCitiesBison
December 18th, 2018, 08:01 PM

How is this possible? The "Czar of the Playbook" has said this is an even matchup!

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2018, 08:27 PM
I only go for the tailgate and to find out who won the bowling tournament.

After JSU won the BBQ eating contest they dont do that anymore.

Lorne_Malvo
December 18th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Tickets went on sale to season-ticket holders on Monday. As of Tuesday, 1,362 tickets were purchased and another 100 were given to football staff members.

“We want to make sure that before they go to sell to the general public, that as many Eastern people as possible are getting theirs,” said EWU ticket office employee Brittney Norris said.
“We don’t want (North Dakota State’s fans) to take over.”

1400 out of the 4100 EWU tickets sold. They go on sale to Bison fans tomorrow at noon.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/dec/18/eastern-washington-hopes-to-keep-pace-with-north-d

cx500d
December 18th, 2018, 09:05 PM
After JSU won the BBQ eating contest they dont do that anymore.

By the looks of them at Maine, they are still competing in the BBQ eating contest

thebootfitter
December 18th, 2018, 09:25 PM
Damn, boys! Pretty confident in both your teams to put $500 on the line. Kudos to you both xthumbsupx, as I wouldn't confident enough one way or the other to put down that much. I think a tight, one-score game is as likely as a 3 score blowout. If EWU gets the bounces, they may pull out the upset, but the Bison are a juggernaut this year so the stars will have to align.I'm with you on that! Even though I'm predicting a 42-24-ish Bison win, I'd have a tough time putting money on either side of a 13.5 pt spread.

And AGS wins no matter what. I like it!

Bison56
December 18th, 2018, 09:39 PM
3 weeks is too long xboringx

Outsider1
December 18th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Tickets went on sale to season-ticket holders on Monday. As of Tuesday, 1,362 tickets were purchased and another 100 were given to football staff members.

“We want to make sure that before they go to sell to the general public, that as many Eastern people as possible are getting theirs,” said EWU ticket office employee Brittney Norris said.

1400 out of the 4100 EWU tickets sold. They go on sale to Bison fans tomorrow at noon.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/dec/18/eastern-washington-hopes-to-keep-pace-with-north-d

Wish our fanbase was that gung ho on tickets. I'm a little shocked at EWU's wording of it...uber competitive. I would hope that EWU is able to sell out their allotment because they want to go support their team.

dewey
December 18th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Here are some pictures from the Bison Media Blog about the now completed renovations to Toyota Stadium.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/new-and-improved-toyota-stadium/

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2018, 12:47 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/12zgyJya7QwQKI/giphy.gif

dewey
December 19th, 2018, 06:51 AM

So what are peoples projections for fan ratio?

Mine
NDSU 85
EWU 15

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2018, 07:01 AM
So what are peoples projections for fan ratio?

Mine
NDSU 85
EWU 15

Dewey

Probably close to this. Probably not as bad as Towson. I was on the 50 yard line 10 rows up in their section and if they had 1K fans I would have been shocked.

Ya, 80/20 or even more is a good guess IMO.

I think the BEST EWU will do is probably 25% of the fans.....and I'm being very generous.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2018, 07:03 AM
Here are some pictures from the Bison Media Blog about the now completed renovations to Toyota Stadium.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/new-and-improved-toyota-stadium/

Dewey

That place looks good in the pictures. Do they sell SRO tickets?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2018, 07:13 AM
I think NDSU is going to run all over this EWU defense. I hope their suspended DT plays and they get back their injured players.

Load the box and ES is going to pick apart that defense. Sit back and play base defense to try and defend both and get run off the field.

Good luck EWU!!

xnodx

dewey
December 19th, 2018, 07:20 AM
That place looks good in the pictures. Do they sell SRO tickets?

I believe they do. SRO tickets would be nice since the entire East side is open from the concourse level.

I dont see any on Flash Seats which must mean they haven't sold them yet.

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181219/332f50941652c512a75a1c1bec7ce4e7.jpg

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2018, 07:44 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/12zgyJya7QwQKI/giphy.gif

Lolxlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2018, 02:05 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29753&stc=1

EWU ticket office has been open since 2 pm now....wonder how many Bison fans are buying tickets....xlolx.....we always find ways to get tickets.....:D

BisonBacker
December 19th, 2018, 02:45 PM

EWU ticket office has been open since 2 pm now....wonder how many Bison fans are buying tickets....xlolx.....we always find ways to get tickets.....:D

I love Calvin & Hobbes. That pic always makes me giggle. It is pretty funny that Bison fans will get some of those :D

NEBison
December 19th, 2018, 04:58 PM

Our group got 5.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Our group got 5.

I hear others also.....Nice work!!

xnodx

Southern Bison
December 19th, 2018, 08:36 PM
The DXL Frisco Bowl is being played in a steady light rain. The field isn't as bad (yetl as '13 (IIRC) but here's a pic from the game as the 1st half ended.

That's about 12 sq. inches of turf stuck to his helmet.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181220/3a8565dac23d9de989244844eda88ee1.jpg

cx500d
December 19th, 2018, 08:40 PM
The DXL Frisco Bowl is being played in a steady light rain. The field isn't as bad (yetl as '13 (IIRC) but here's a pic from the game as the 1st half ended.

That's about 12 sq. inches of turf stuck to his helmet.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181220/3a8565dac23d9de989244844eda88ee1.jpg

Holy shades of Towson

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Holy shades of Towson

There will be more Bison people at Tight Ends than what is at the Frisco Bowl tonight....xsmhx

dewey
December 19th, 2018, 09:21 PM
I hear others also.....Nice work!!

xnodx

I got 5 more from the Eastern Washington allotment. I wonder where the tickets are at (i.e. section, row and seats)

Dewey

POD Knows
December 19th, 2018, 09:28 PM
If anybody has a couple extra and want to sell I might be interested. PM me

dewey
December 19th, 2018, 10:21 PM
If anybody has a couple extra and want to sell I might be interested. PM me

You should have bought them from the EWU website.

https://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AEWU%21M%3AEEWFP18%3 ACHAMP%3A&linkID=m-twewu&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBP&cgc=

Dewey

POD Knows
December 20th, 2018, 08:35 AM
You should have bought them from the EWU website.

https://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AEWU%21M%3AEEWFP18%3 ACHAMP%3A&linkID=m-twewu&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBP&cgc=

DeweyI tried that about 3 hours after the site opened and I guess they were sold out, there are tickets out there on different sites, most going for less than the asking price. Quite a few decent seats sold for about 75 or 80 a piece on Flash Seats, which is were I usually buy tickets.

dewey
December 20th, 2018, 08:42 AM
I tried that about 3 hours after the site opened and I guess they were sold out, there are tickets out there on different sites, most going for less than the asking price. Quite a few decent seats sold for about 75 or 80 a piece on Flash Seats, which is were I usually buy tickets.Bison fans gobbled up those EWU allotment tickets pretty quick then.

The cost is $85-90 (seats) each so if you can find them for less then you have more beer money.

Dewey

AmsterBison
December 20th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Ha! Just heard Southern Bison on the Bison radio station (bison1660.com) asking about Frisco field conditions since they played a bowl there last night and it didn't look good.

Obzerver
December 20th, 2018, 05:16 PM
DT All-American Jay-Tee Tiuli (https://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5815) was seen practicing yesterday. Line just moved 8pts to EWU +6.

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Ha! Just heard Southern Bison on the Bison radio station (bison1660.com) asking about Frisco field conditions since they played a bowl there last night and it didn't look good.

Just looked some replay of the game and the field looked fine.

POD Knows
December 20th, 2018, 05:48 PM
DT All-American Jay-Tee Tiuli (https://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5815) was seen practicing yesterday. Line just moved 8pts to EWU +6.I think that spread is for the half.

TennBison
December 20th, 2018, 06:35 PM
I think that spread is for the half.
For the half my butt, that is for after the National Anthem. Once the game starts then they put a 2 in front of the 6.

Obzerver
December 20th, 2018, 06:59 PM
My weak attempt at humor(at the EWU +6). Personally hope the line goes up. I'll just add to my position. Bank.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2018, 08:18 PM
Well this certainly doesn't look good for the Big Sky DPOY... arrested for felony assault the night of the Davis game which is why he was suspended for the Maine game: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/dec/20/status-of-eastern-washington-football-standout-jay/

Schism55
December 20th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Well this certainly doesn't look good for the Big Sky DPOY... arrested for felony assault the night of the Davis game which is why he was suspended for the Maine game: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/dec/20/status-of-eastern-washington-football-standout-jay/
I jusr saw that story too, dang.

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2018, 08:58 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181221/342e6c4ebbd72f760c0dfca720aff9aa.jpg

dudeitsaid
December 20th, 2018, 09:12 PM

Aside from knocking him out...My brother and I got into some scraps that likely could've ended up in the same result. Dang!

Lorne_Malvo
December 20th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Aside from knocking him out...My brother and I got into some scraps that likely could've ended up in the same result. Dang!

It was pretty much a monthly event in my family. 4 boys raised by our mother.
One of us was always busted up. Brothers fight. Times have changed.

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 12:17 AM

Must be a great place; same place 3 people were shot in late october....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2018, 07:08 AM

Felony assault?

Coach Best is going to do what in your opinion? Keep him suspended or let him play until the "process" is complete?

TennBison
December 21st, 2018, 08:00 AM
You just gotta love how articles like this are always incomplete. They tell you that his brother punched him and that was why he ended up kicking him. But no explanation as to why the brother punched him or how the whole thing started. Also no explaining how the scuffle went from his brother punching him to him being on the ground getting kicked unconscious. Gaps Gaps Gaps. And they will always say they can't tell you any more due to an ongoing investigation, why why give any details (no matter how small) about what went down to begin with.

kalm
December 21st, 2018, 08:29 AM
Not bad...

SWX's Sam Adams just calculated Eric Barriere’s stats had he played all 14 games this season. The numbers are as follows:

🏈 3503 passing yds
🏈 37 pass TD, 11 Int
🏈 938 rushing yards
🏈 11 rush TD

Those #’s are comparable, if not better, than the 3 finalists for Payton award and Eric is only a sophomore.

Gil Dobie
December 21st, 2018, 08:45 AM
Not bad...

SWX's Sam Adams just calculated Eric Barriere’s stats had he played all 14 games this season. The numbers are as follows:

🏈 3503 passing yds
🏈 37 pass TD, 11 Int
🏈 938 rushing yards
🏈 11 rush TD

Those #’s are comparable, if not better, than the 3 finalists for Payton award and Eric is only a sophomore.

Does EWU play starters the entire game in blowouts?

kalm
December 21st, 2018, 09:09 AM
Does EWU play starters the entire game in blowouts?

That's a fair question, Gil.

The immediate answer is no. We pulled starters even last week.

Now if you were to ask 'Does or has EWU play starters longer than other teams, thus padding those stats?' The answer would be 'maybe but I don't know for sure and I suppose it would depend on the other teams we're being compared to as well as the circumstances.'.

For example, and if I IIRC, the 2013 Montana game we led Montana 42-17 at the end of 3 and let them score 20 in the 4th to make it close. Best was on that staff and I'm sure remembers taking our foot off the gas. We play in the Big Sky which has a rich history of high powered offenses making ridiculous comeback. There was a game years ago where either Nevada or Weber led 49-17 at half and ended up losing. A couple times this year, they left Barriere in and even threw it late to get a young QB some needed reps and work on things. Or, in the case of this year's PSU game we went for two a couple of times because Alcobendas was injured. Some also would say we ran it up after PSU took out 3 defensive starters that game on repeated chop blocks.

But yes, attempts and PT can skew offensive numbers. Just like NDSU's style of play which limits possessions dramatically affects the ppg allowed statistic. I'm not knocking it, it's a beautiful thing but if opponents only get the ball 8 times in a game their chances of scoring are obviously limited.

kalm
December 21st, 2018, 09:26 AM
Felony assault?

Coach Best is going to do what in your opinion? Keep him suspended or let him play until the "process" is complete?

It's sort of out of Best's hands. The decision will be made by a disciplinary board (which I'm guessing is not very athletics friendly). If they allow him to remain in school pending results of the investigation or process than I suppose he's eligible and it's up to Best. There are of course all sorts of rumors floating around including a few from people who are likely in the know regarding the severity of the altercation as well as who was culpable. I'm not sure what the statutes base felony assault on.

On the surface it seems like a horrendously selfish and stupid thing he did and part of me doesn't want him to play. But EWU has a long history of making the right choices in these situations and has never been hesitant to quickly give a player the boot. The old 'I'd rather lose without ya than win with ya' thing.

When I first heard of this at the Maine tailgate I thought we might be screwed but we had some kids step up on the dline and make plays. I trust our coaches and I'm good with whatever gets decided.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2018, 09:30 AM
Man I can see sibling rivalry and all but man who does that to anyone much less their own brother?

POD Knows
December 21st, 2018, 09:33 AM
It's sort of out of Best's hands. The decision will be made by a disciplinary board (which I'm guessing is not very athletics friendly). If they allow him to remain in school pending results of the investigation or process than I suppose he's eligible and it's up to Best. There are of course all sorts of rumors floating around including a few from people who are likely in the know regarding the severity of the altercation as well as who was culpable. I'm not sure what the statutes base felony assault on.

On the surface it seems like a horrendously selfish and stupid thing he did and part of me doesn't want him to play. But EWU has a long history of making the right choices in these situations and has never been hesitant to quickly give a player the boot. The old 'I'd rather lose without ya than win with ya' thing.

When I first heard of this at the Maine tailgate I thought we might be screwed but we had some kids step up on the dline and make plays. I trust our coaches and I'm good with whatever gets decided.He will be irrelevant if he plays anyway. Watch the SHSU/NDSU game when they had PJ Hall, he could have just as well stayed on the bus.

kalm
December 21st, 2018, 09:39 AM
He will be irrelevant if he plays anyway. Watch the SHSU/NDSU game when they had PJ Hall, he could have just as well stayed on the bus.

"We will see"

said the zen master.

kalm
December 21st, 2018, 09:42 AM
Man I can see sibling rivalry and all but man who does that to anyone much less their own brother?

Totally agree but there is some dispute as to the severity and sequence of what happened.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2018, 03:07 PM
Totally agree but there is some dispute as to the severity and sequence of what happened.

What are they disputing? Just how hard he kicked his unconscious brother?

citdog
December 21st, 2018, 03:23 PM
What are they disputing? Just how hard he kicked his unconscious brother?

Do you want to live in a country where you can't kick your unconscious brother in the face? I don't.

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 03:37 PM
Do you want to live in a country where you can't kick your unconscious brother in the face? I don't.

I would love to kick my unconscious brother in the face...but I don’t have a brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewey
December 21st, 2018, 06:15 PM
Here is an article from the Spokesman Review about EWU being the underdog for the game.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/dec/20/eastern-washington-embracing-rare-underdog-role-ag/%3famp-content=amp

Dewey

Bisonoline
December 21st, 2018, 07:28 PM
I would love to kick my unconscious brother in the face...but I don’t have a brother

You can kick my brother in the face!

cx500d
December 21st, 2018, 07:56 PM
You can kick my brother in the face!
Not if he’s as big as you

dudeitsaid
December 22nd, 2018, 12:05 AM
Felony assault?

Where I grew up, if it were between close friends or family, I don't think anyone would've thought for a second that the law could be involved. Old logging town, where drinking and fighting was what Friday nights were all about! I don't know the circumstances around how this took place, but I did find it interesting that it was between brothers.

But I agree with Kalm, EWU needs to maintain a standard of intolerance for misbehavior, if that's what it turns out to be. I don't think we have the full story yet.

And, it's true, he doesn't even need to get off the bus. We will beat the Bison without him.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2018, 04:47 AM
Where I grew up, if it were between close friends or family, I don't think anyone would've thought for a second that the law could be involved. Old logging town, where drinking and fighting was what Friday nights were all about! I don't know the circumstances around how this took place, but I did find it interesting that it was between brothers.

But I agree with Kalm, EWU needs to maintain a standard of intolerance for misbehavior, if that's what it turns out to be. I don't think we have the full story yet.

And, it's true, he doesn't even need to get off the bus. We will beat the Bison without him.
Lol you're quite the dreamer aren't you?

kalm
December 22nd, 2018, 05:54 AM

Well, Pod Knows has already said he’d be rendered irrelevant even if he played. I suppose kind of like Kupp missing the 2nd half in 2016 was irrelevant.....

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2018, 09:45 AM
Well, Pod Knows has already said he’d be rendered irrelevant even if he played. I suppose kind of like Kupp missing the 2nd half in 2016 was irrelevant.....Didn't say that about Kupp. Name the last time a "celebrated" D lineman came in and significantly impacted a game against NDSU.

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2018, 09:54 AM
Didn't say that about Kupp. Name the last time a "celebrated" D lineman came in and significantly impacted a game against NDSU.

That PJ Hall guy was amazing

at getting pushed out of the way.

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2018, 09:56 AM
That PJ Hall guy was amazing

at getting pushed out of the way.He was a ghost in the Fargo Dome

dewey
December 22nd, 2018, 10:01 AM
Well, Pod Knows has already said he’d be rendered irrelevant even if he played. I suppose kind of like Kupp missing the 2nd half in 2016 was irrelevant.....

Listening to the Bison 1660 am The Insiders show the other day and they said the score was 19-13 when Tuii (I am sure I spelled that wrong) but when he left the flood gates opened wide open.

He is a major key to the Eagles trying to stop NDSU.
Dewey

Dewey

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2018, 10:02 AM
He was a ghost in the Fargo Dome

RUN THE DAMN BALL!

uni88
December 22nd, 2018, 10:27 AM
Didn't say that about Kupp. Name the last time a "celebrated" D lineman came in and significantly impacted a game against NDSU.It depends on what you mean by impacted. The Bison have a great O line so a D lineman who made a few big plays but mostly occupied an O lineman or two and kept them from getting to the second level so the linebackers could make plays would have significantly impacted a game.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2018, 10:38 AM
It depends on what you mean by impacted. The Bison have a great O line so a D lineman who made a few big plays but mostly occupied an O lineman or two and kept them from getting to the second level so the linebackers could make plays would have significantly impacted a game.

Yep, and looking at Tiuli's numbers this year they aren't that eye popping (you want to see eye popping numbers for a NG check out Khalen Saunders from WIU) so, given the fact he was voted as Big Sky DPOY, that must mean he is particularly good at anchoring the LOS defensively and eating up blocks.

kalm
December 22nd, 2018, 10:51 AM
Yep, and looking at Tiuli's numbers this year they aren't that eye popping (you want to see eye popping numbers for a NG check out Khalen Saunders from WIU) so, given the fact he was voted as Big Sky DPOY, that must mean he is particularly good at anchoring the LOS defensively and eating up blocks..

Yep. We can win without him but it will be tougher sledding as the DT's behind him are in the 260-280 range. They stepped up well against Maine but Maine's rushing attack isn't the same.

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2018, 11:31 AM
Yep, and looking at Tiuli's numbers this year they aren't that eye popping (you want to see eye popping numbers for a NG check out Khalen Saunders from WIU) so, given the fact he was voted as Big Sky DPOY, that must mean he is particularly good at anchoring the LOS defensively and eating up blocks.Williams for UNI is really the only D lineman I can remember that gave the Bison fits. We will see what happens with this EWU guy, it isn't their D that should worry the Bison.

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2018, 12:14 PM
Williams for UNI is really the only D lineman I can remember that gave the Bison fits. We will see what happens with this EWU guy, it isn't their D that should worry the Bison.
Saunders from WIU has done pretty well against NDSU... I think he's the main reason why their LB Taylor was all over the field so much last year. YSU's DT tandem also did a nice job this year taking away the interior QB and RB run as well.

But teams are going need a total defensive effort though to slow down NDSU, especially this year when their pass game has been just as lethal as the run game (although that might be because everyone is loaded up to stop the run). With or without Tiuli I think EWU is going to have to turn NDSU over if they're going to limit NDSU's offensive production which has not been easy this year with a guy like Stick under center.

ST_Lawson
December 22nd, 2018, 12:16 PM
Williams for UNI is really the only D lineman I can remember that gave the Bison fits. We will see what happens with this EWU guy, it isn't their D that should worry the Bison.

Saunders for WIU had 11 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and a forced fumble in our game against NDSU. He did a great job...some of the other players didn't, but he did.

POD Knows
December 22nd, 2018, 12:33 PM
Saunders for WIU had 11 tackles, 2.5 sacks, and a forced fumble in our game against NDSU. He did a great job...some of the other players didn't, but he did.OK, I will tip my hat to him, I know the Bison had some trouble running the ball in that game, I haven't checked the stats but the game was a blow out, so his performance, while good, was sort of irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

kalm
December 22nd, 2018, 12:55 PM
Saunders from WIU has done pretty well against NDSU... I think he's the main reason why their LB Taylor was all over the field so much last year. YSU's DT tandem also did a nice job this year taking away the interior QB and RB run as well.

But teams are going need a total defensive effort though to slow down NDSU, especially this year when their pass game has been just as lethal as the run game (although that might be because everyone is loaded up to stop the run). With or without Tiuli I think EWU is going to have to turn NDSU over if they're going to limit NDSU's offensive production which has not been easy this year with a guy like Stick under center.

Agreed. Only three teams kept you under 30 pts. ISU had a top 13 defense but I YSU was 40 and SDSU and EWU 60 and 61 in total D. EWU is ranked a little ahead of both in scoring D and just 1.6 behind ISU. So at least on paper...

If we can steal a possession or two and force a couple of field goals, we have a decent shot.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2018, 01:00 PM
Agreed. Only three teams kept you under 30 pts. ISU had a top 13 defense but I YSU was 40 and SDSU and EWU 60 and 61 in total D. EWU is ranked a little ahead of both in scoring D and just 1.6 behind ISU. So at least on paper...

If we can steal a possession or two and force a couple of field goals, we have a decent shot.

#ButtColgate...

kalm
December 22nd, 2018, 01:02 PM
#ButtColgate...

But schedule.

cx500d
December 22nd, 2018, 01:12 PM
But schedule.

They played the #1 FCS team, a top 15 FCS team, and a top 25 FBS team.

kalm
December 22nd, 2018, 01:20 PM
They played the #1 FCS team, a top 15 FCS team, and a top 25 FBS team.

And they quadrupled their points allowed against those opponents. Good defense just like Kennesaw’s offense but a bit exposed against quality opposition.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2018, 09:08 AM

I hope the kid plays. NDSU attacks the whole field and 1 player will not win the game for EWU.

EWU's defense, from what I've watched, is not good enough to stop the Bison for 4 quarters. They are better than their usual pathetic defenses that just hopes the offense can score just a little more than they give up.

This game will come down to the LOS and NDSU is better on both sides.

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2018, 11:24 AM
Former Bison great Grant Olson is likely on his way back as LBs coach on Entz's staff after coaching LBs at Indiana St under Curt Mallory:

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1076887823691796480

EDIT: Oops, meant to out this in the Entz thread... oh well.

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2018, 11:36 AM
Former Bison great Grant Olson is likely on his way back as LBs coach on Entz's staff after coaching LBs at Indiana St under Curt Mallory:

Good to see one of my friends come home. He will have those LBs firing on all cylinders. They will not lose a step.

BisonBacker
December 23rd, 2018, 11:48 AM

He belongs on the NDSU sidelines coaching in our defense!

Schism55
December 23rd, 2018, 12:42 PM
He belongs on the NDSU sidelines coaching in our defense!
Amen!

kalm
December 23rd, 2018, 03:29 PM
I hope the kid plays. NDSU attacks the whole field and 1 player will not win the game for EWU.

EWU's defense, from what I've watched, is not good enough to stop the Bison for 4 quarters. They are better than their usual pathetic defenses that just hopes the offense can score just a little more than they give up.

No, but a Big Sky MVP can certainly make it easier to win the game. I was surprised how well we did without him against Maine. Some kids really rose up and that's been a theme all season with few stars and stats monsters but great team play. It will be more difficult without him but not impossible.

It's of course a safe assumption the Bizon are better on both lines and I'm interested to see how much this bears true. Our o-line is one of the better ones we've seen especially from a run blocking standpoint. They manhandled two very solid dlines in Nichols and Maine. Barriere obviously helps with his mobility and threat to run. We won't stop the Bizon for 4 quarters. I think we probably need to steal a couple of possessions and force a couple of field goals to win, but it wouldn't surprise me if we did.

JacksFan40
December 23rd, 2018, 04:38 PM

If EWU tries to win on one players back, this game will get ugly quick.

kalm
December 23rd, 2018, 07:53 PM
If EWU tries to win on one players back, this game will get ugly quick.

I can’t of too many teams who’ve philoshically tried to win a championship on the back of a DT.

cx500d
December 23rd, 2018, 08:06 PM
No, but a Big Sky MVP can certainly make it easier to win the game. I was surprised how well we did without him against Maine. Some kids really rose up and that's been a theme all season with few stars and stats monsters but great team play. It will be more difficult without him but not impossible.

It's of course a safe assumption the Bizon are better on both lines and I'm interested to see how much this bears true. Our o-line is one of the better ones we've seen especially from a run blocking standpoint. They manhandled two very solid dlines in Nichols and Maine. Barriere obviously helps with his mobility and threat to run. We won't stop the Bizon for 4 quarters. I think we probably need to steal a couple of possessions and force a couple of field goals to win, but it wouldn't surprise me if we did.

maine just kept shooting themselves in the foot. 32 first downs, 479 yds offense was probably well above their average, but 4 turnovers killed them. Yes, ewu defense had a vote In Those turnovers, but I’d say their inconsistency on offense was the bigger issue.

Go...gate
December 23rd, 2018, 11:10 PM
3 long weeks until this game... can we keep a thread civil and interesting at the same time for that long? I doubt it but let's get it started regardless.

Two weeks less one day remaining until the title game.

BisonBacker
December 24th, 2018, 05:57 AM
I hope the EWU defensive lineman plays. Hope both teams have their full complement of players. Then when either wins or loses there are no excuses.

caribbeanhen
December 24th, 2018, 08:27 AM
wake me up when the annual Shoney's part of thread starts...... hate to say it but I probably won't even watch the game this year, maybe a re-run of Gilligans Island or something.....

Southern Bison
December 24th, 2018, 09:22 AM
wake me up when the annual Shoney's part of thread starts...... hate to say it but I probably won't even watch the game this year, maybe a re-run of Gilligans Island or something.....Shoneys? Hell no! It's Waffle House or bust.

caribbeanhen
December 24th, 2018, 09:31 AM
Shoneys? Hell no! It's Waffle House or bust.

here we go, I have a Waffle house story but it's kind of embarrassing......

POD Knows
December 24th, 2018, 09:36 AM
here we go, I have a Waffle house story but it's kind of embarrassing......
Waffle House sucks

Red & Black
December 24th, 2018, 09:40 AM

Someone actually made that claim? Hard to prove a negative, but EWU’s chances of winning that 2016 game in Fargo exponetially higher with Kupp playing in the second half.

POD Knows
December 24th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Someone actually made that claim? Hard to prove a negative, but EWU’s chances of winning that 2016 game in Fargo exponetially higher with Kupp playing in the second half.I absolutely made that claim. I hope the accused felon plays, we will see. Maybe I will be wrong, maybe not.

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 09:51 AM
Waffle House sucks

Why, you don't like your meal being served in multiple courses? xlolx

Southern Bison
December 24th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Waffle House sucksNot mine...DeAngelo Williams, former Panther & Steeler RB is sitting 8 feet away enjoying a delicious breakfast right now.

caribbeanhen
December 24th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Waffle House sucks

So you're admitting you've been there

POD Knows
December 24th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Why, you don't like your meal being served in multiple courses? xlolxI would have gladly taking the food in multiple courses if they are actually cooked the food before serving it. I have eaten thousands and thousands of meals at restaurants given the fact that I have been a business traveler for 36 years and that meal at the Waffle House was easily the worst meal I have ever had in an eating establishment. Waffle House is a national embarrassment.

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 10:13 AM
I would have gladly taking the food in multiple courses if they are actually cooked the food before serving it. I have eaten thousands and thousands of meals at restaurants given the fact that I have been a business traveler for 36 years and that meal at the Waffle House was easily the worst meal I have ever had in an eating establishment. Waffle House is a national embarrassment.

I mean, I ate there at 2-3am consistently when I was on spring break after a solid day of drinking and it wasn't that bad.

POD Knows
December 24th, 2018, 10:24 AM
So you're admitting you've been thereYea, once, during the Frisco run a few years back. Never been back, never going to go back.

POD Knows
December 24th, 2018, 10:26 AM
I mean, I ate there at 2-3am consistently when I was on spring break after a solid day of drinking and it wasn't that bad.I would do a dumpster search for food at 2 or 3 am before I would go back in that place. Breakfast is almost impossible to ruin but they did it, I am still not convinced that it wasn't some type of joke being played.

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 10:33 AM
I would do a dumpster search for food at 2 or 3 am before I would go back in that place. Breakfast is almost impossible to ruin but they did it, I am still not convinced that it wasn't some type of joke being played.You going to blame BF02 on this one?

POD Knows
December 24th, 2018, 10:42 AM
You going to blame BF02 on this one?

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkI don't know, maybe, I placed my food order and then went to take a piss in the dirtiest restaurant bathroom I have ever seen and then came back to the table. Still not convinced that these guys didn't tell the crew there to make the ****tiest breakfast in the history of the world. Ah, raw bacon, under cooked eggs, under cooked hash browns (they were hash whites) and warmed up white bread posing as toast, it was a great meal to start the day.

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 10:46 AM
I don't know, maybe, I placed my food order and then went to take a piss in the dirtiest restaurant bathroom I have ever seen and then came back to the table. Still not convinced that these guys didn't tell the crew there to make the ****tiest breakfast in the history of the world. Ah, raw bacon, under cooked eggs, under cooked hash browns (they were hash whites) and warmed up white bread posing as toast, it was a great meal to start the day.Did you also tell them to get of your lawn when you were done? xlolx

Try going to another this year and if it is different they ****ed with you. If it isnt, well Waffle House must not like The Prince of Darkness.

caribbeanhen
December 24th, 2018, 10:53 AM
I don't know, maybe, I placed my food order and then went to take a piss in the dirtiest restaurant bathroom I have ever seen and then came back to the table. Still not convinced that these guys didn't tell the crew there to make the ****tiest breakfast in the history of the world. Ah, raw bacon, under cooked eggs, under cooked hash browns (they were hash whites) and warmed up white bread posing as toast, it was a great meal to start the day.

you didn't return it to be cooked?

I bet this waffle house was not in Texas right ?

Southern waffle houses are usually not that bad

POD Knows
December 24th, 2018, 10:58 AM

Southern waffle houses are usually not that badThe WH was in Texas in the northern suburbs, the food took forever to get, they turned eggs, toast, hashbrowns and bacon into a 4 course meal, not kidding, they served them all at different time. I just wanted to get the **** out of there. That was the last time I allowed the "millennials" in my group to make a dining decision.

BisonFan02
December 24th, 2018, 11:03 AM
The WH was in Texas in the northern suburbs, the food took forever to get, they turned eggs, toast, hashbrowns and bacon into a 4 course meal, not kidding, they served them all at different time. I just wanted to get the **** out of there. That was the last time I allowed the "millennials" in my group to make a dining decision.

I'm a business traveler too....and I've eaten at plenty of WHs. They are fine. My food there was also fine too by the way. xlolx. I also ordered waffles in a waffle house.

Gil Dobie
December 24th, 2018, 11:07 AM

Southern waffle houses are usually not that bad

I ate at one in the Florida Panhandle. Bacon, Egg and Cheese Melt. Wasn't too bad.

POD Knows
December 24th, 2018, 11:19 AM
I'm a business traveler too....and I've eaten at plenty of WHs. They are fine. My food there was also fine too by the way. xlolx. I also ordered waffles in a waffle house.Yea, waffles with uncooked dough in the middle is awesome, don't even try and tell me those waffles weren't under cooked, waffles should be brown on the outside, not off white.

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Yea, waffles with uncooked dough in the middle is awesome, don't even try and tell me those waffles weren't under cooked, waffles should be brown on the outside, not off white.#HatersGonnaHate

POD Knows
December 24th, 2018, 11:46 AM
#HatersGonnaHate

#WHisgreat, #BOOKIT

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 11:49 AM
#WHisgreat, #BOOKITNever said it was great. Oh hang on. Get that #BookIt **** out of here. Don't spoil it for what it should be used for. You trying to ruin a good thing?

MR. CHICKEN
December 24th, 2018, 12:45 PM
........TERRIBLE WH........2003 ‘NOOGAH......2:30am.......NEEDED UH BEER SPONGE.....FOLLOWIN’ DUH 40-0.......BRAWK!

kalm
December 24th, 2018, 02:29 PM
I would have gladly taking the food in multiple courses if they are actually cooked the food before serving it. I have eaten thousands and thousands of meals at restaurants given the fact that I have been a business traveler for 36 years and that meal at the Waffle House was easily the worst meal I have ever had in an eating establishment. Waffle House is a national embarrassment.

You mean to tell me you had an underwhelming meal at a chain breakfast restaurant?

GTFO!!!!!’

Bisonator
December 24th, 2018, 02:36 PM
I don't know, maybe, I placed my food order and then went to take a piss in the dirtiest restaurant bathroom I have ever seen and then came back to the table. Still not convinced that these guys didn't tell the crew there to make the ****tiest breakfast in the history of the world. Ah, raw bacon, under cooked eggs, under cooked hash browns (they were hash whites) and warmed up white bread posing as toast, it was a great meal to start the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNfciDzZTNM

uni88
December 24th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Never said it was great. Oh hang on. Get that #BookIt **** out of here. Don't spoil it for what it should be used for. You trying to ruin a good thing?

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkPlaying with fire. Between that and BFNWM posting in the Crappsville thread the magic may have shriveled up and blown away. :D

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 02:49 PM
You mean to tell me you had an underwhelming meal at a chain breakfast restaurant?

GTFO!!!!!’Applebees is the staple of Fargo even though he was in Texas.

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Playing with fire. Between that and BFNWM posting in the Crappsville thread the magic may have shriveled up and blown away. :D

Sent from my XT1650 using TapatalkI posted in Crapsville last year and NDSU still won.

uni88
December 24th, 2018, 02:56 PM
I posted in Crapsville last year and NDSU still won.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkPossibly proof that the Bison are hooved spawns of Satan so Hattie's curse doesn't apply. ;)

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 03:19 PM
Possibly proof that the Bison are hooved spawns of Satan so Hattie's curse doesn't apply. ;)

Sent from my XT1650 using TapatalkThat black magic seems to be paying off.

uni88
December 24th, 2018, 03:24 PM
That black magic seems to be paying off.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkIt does but your immortal souls is a pretty steep price. I'll be thinking of you when I'm trying to work my way out of purgatory.

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 03:28 PM
It does but your immortal souls is a pretty steep price. I'll be thinking of you when I'm trying to work my way out of purgatory.

Sent from my XT1650 using TapatalkAt least we'll see each other. Why do you think Bon Scott wrote my theme song?

kalm
December 24th, 2018, 03:29 PM
Applebees is the staple of Fargo even though he was in Texas.

Your not helping with your state’s reputation here...lol

BisonFan02
December 24th, 2018, 03:35 PM

The Applebees comment is a bad running joke about Fargo. xlolx

The other being dragging Ursus to a BWWs.

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 04:02 PM

Guess which state I live in. Give you a clue, it's not North Dakota.

TheKingpin28
December 24th, 2018, 04:03 PM
BTW, is Applebees the Waffle House of the North? Srs question.

caribbeanhen
December 24th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Once everyone is nauseated from talking about the waffle house ad nauseam, we could probably stretch aanother five or six pages debating if Texas is in the south or not

Southern waffle houses are better than northern waffle houses that's for sure

Texas is the *

uni88
December 24th, 2018, 04:48 PM
At least we'll see each other. Why do you think Bon Scott wrote my theme song?

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkUdo Dirkschneider sang my theme song so we should have a pretty good time trading tequila shots. :)

kalm
December 24th, 2018, 05:01 PM
The Applebees comment is a bad running joke about Fargo. xlolx

The other being dragging Ursus to a BWWs.

That’s what I had guessed.

cx500d
December 24th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Waffle House sucks

Let me know when you get in town, I’ll buy you lunch at the Waffle House

Schism55
December 24th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Waffle House sucks
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29769&stc=1

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2018, 07:37 PM
NDSU wins this: 42-20

Red & Black
December 24th, 2018, 09:43 PM
I absolutely made that claim. I hope the accused felon plays, we will see. Maybe I will be wrong, maybe not.

I don’t think he will unless some major revelations come out in the short term. I’d obviously like to see him play, but he’d be the 7th starter lost off this year’s defense so I doubt it’s going to make some major difference as some seem to think. It’s a completely different defense than we started the year with, but also a lot different than the one NDSU saw in Cheney last year.

WeAreThePride
December 24th, 2018, 11:13 PM
I don’t aee this game being close in the second half. 28-17 at halftime, Bison roll to a 49-27 win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 25th, 2018, 07:20 AM
I don’t think he will unless some major revelations come out in the short term. I’d obviously like to see him play, but he’d be the 7th starter lost off this year’s defense so I doubt it’s going to make some major difference as some seem to think. It’s a completely different defense than we started the year with, but also a lot different than the one NDSU saw in Cheney last year.

IMO, besides the LOS and which team controls that metric, the other IMO is defense. Across the board the Bison have a better defense. Bison give up 100 less yards/game, about 10 points less/game and 8 less first downs given up/game.

In games with high stacks and pressure like this one, I'll take the better defense any day.

IMO, the Bison defense is good enough to slow down and stop EWU but not the other way around.

Gil Dobie
December 25th, 2018, 08:37 AM
BTW, is Applebees the Waffle House of the North? Srs question.

IHOP or Denny's maybe.