PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Entz to be next NDSU head Coach!

BisonBacker
December 13th, 2018, 05:07 PM
http://footballscoop.com/news/report-matt-entz-new-ndsu-head-coach/

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Good Choice!

Thumper 76
December 13th, 2018, 05:31 PM
I’m really interested to see who follows Klieman now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2018, 05:33 PM
I like it.

He'll carry on the tradition/dynasty!!

GO BISON

BisonBacker
December 13th, 2018, 05:36 PM
I like it.

He'll carry on the tradition/dynasty!!

GO BISON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_djk1RQ2Ew

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2018, 05:41 PM
I’m really interested to see who follows Klieman now

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWe've known it was going to be Entz for quite a few days.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

BisonBacker
December 13th, 2018, 05:42 PM
We've known it was going to be Entz for quite a few days.

It was pretty obvious to most I think. This should make the transition seamless just like when Klieman took over for Bohl.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2018, 05:42 PM
We've known it was going to be Entz for quite a few days.

Any word on who is staying?

- - - Updated - - -

It was pretty obvious to most I think. This should make the transition seamless just like when Klieman took over for Bohl.

xnodx

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2018, 05:43 PM

- - - Updated - - -

xnodx@BFONWMN I'll say this: it's a damn good day to be a Bison. Not giving names. But we're going to be alright.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2018, 05:46 PM
@BFONWMN I'll say this: it's a damn good day to be a Bison. Not giving names. But we're going to be alright.

Good!

xthumbsupx

It will be great having some stay!

BisonBacker
December 13th, 2018, 05:47 PM

- - - Updated - - -

xnodx

I think Messingham will stay if you believe what you read over at the KState forums. Doesn't sound like there is a huge love loss with them and Messingham due to his time at Iowa State for some reason. Hey I'm ok with that if that happens. He's been doing a fine job here for the most part. The one I'm more curious about is Hedberg. I think it would be a big loss if he went and the big one is our Strength and Conditioning coach staying
https://i.gifer.com/3GFK.gif

BisonTru
December 13th, 2018, 05:49 PM
Here's the official release from NDSU....

Matt Entz Named Next NDSU Head Football Coach
"Having watched Matt as the defensive coordinator for the past five years," Larsen said, "I knew he possessed the qualities to be the head football coach at North Dakota State: leadership, integrity, toughness, and a sincere appreciation for the history and tradition of Bison football."

https://gobison.com/news/2018/12/13/matt-entz-named-next-ndsu-head-football-coach.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3Jc-OiuybpPxtJRi5ZD0dGPeUjWdK2P4yL-YVT8aFkNWzCxWF7FjlwG-g

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2018, 06:09 PM
Statement from Chris Klieman: "Great things happen to great people, and I am so happy for the Entz family," Klieman said. "Matt is the right guy for the job. I know the Bison will have unbelievable success. The program is in great hands."

Doors open tomorrow night and Klieman/Entz lead the team out of the locker room together? That might be slightly electric....

Winindy
December 13th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Terrible hire... for the MVFC and the rest of the FCS. Great hire for the Bison

Schism55
December 13th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Happy to hear this, Go Bison!
Congrats to Matt and his family.

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Larsen made an amazing decision and I do not expect the Bison to miss a step. I'm pretty sure we all knew it was going to be Entz, it's just good to have it finally announced.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

AggieFinn
December 13th, 2018, 07:15 PM
Congrats Coach Entz!

Bison56
December 13th, 2018, 07:30 PM
@BFONWMN I'll say this: it's a damn good day to be a Bison. Not giving names. But we're going to be alright.

I like hearing that.

X-Factor
December 13th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Larsen made an amazing decision and I do not expect the Bison to miss a step. I'm pretty sure we all knew it was going to be Entz, it's just good to have it finally announced.

So you’re saying all the gloom and doom hopefuls on the board are slinking back into their caves?

Derby City Duke
December 13th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Congratulations to Coach Entz and Bison fans everywhere. Quick, clean, and seamless (in a perfect world) search.

We, on the other hand, are on search day 12...

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2018, 07:49 PM
So you’re saying all the gloom and doom hopefuls on the board are slinking back into their caves?

Keep your powder dry......quite a few unknowns going into next season.

X-Factor
December 13th, 2018, 07:49 PM

True that. Bison have an impressive senior class they are losing

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2018, 07:55 PM

Every team can say that at some point.

This hire is a good one. Continuity will continue.

New young QB would give an "unknown" even if Klieman had stayed.

18 juniors that will be seniors next year will help.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2018, 07:57 PM
This seemed like a no brainer. Is Entz the guy that looks like he would be the poster child for UND's gym regime?

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2018, 08:05 PM
This seemed like a no brainer. Is Entz the guy that looks like he would be the poster child for UND's gym regime?Nah that's Coach Kramer.

TennBison
December 13th, 2018, 08:21 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29726&stc=1

katss07
December 13th, 2018, 09:05 PM
I’m telling you, the Bison WILL fall off. xnodx

dewey
December 13th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Congratulations to Matt Entz on being named the new head coach. This is the guy I wanted. He will keep continuity in the program.

Now to keep Messingham, Hedberg and Kramer.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2018, 09:07 PM

How?

A SHSU fan not even close to the ins and outs of NDSU thinks the Bison will fall off.....explain this nugget of wisdom...xeyebrowx

cx500d
December 13th, 2018, 09:08 PM

You can't be 15-0 every year...Sometimes 14-1 is good enough

dewey
December 13th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Statement from Chris Klieman: "Great things happen to great people, and I am so happy for the Entz family," Klieman said. "Matt is the right guy for the job. I know the Bison will have unbelievable success. The program is in great hands."

Doors open tomorrow night and Klieman/Entz lead the team out of the locker room together? That might be slightly electric....

Klieman and Entz leading the team together would be awesome.

I hope it is just Klieman though.

Less than 22 hours to go!

Dewey

TennBison
December 13th, 2018, 10:23 PM
How?

A SHSU fan not even close to the ins and outs of NDSU thinks the Bison will fall off.....explain this nugget of wisdom...xeyebrowx
Remember when most of AGS thought the Bison were done when Bohl left.......... how many of them were right. We are Pros at this "lose a coach in the playoffs and hire a new one", no one does it better than the Bison.

NDSUtk
December 13th, 2018, 10:52 PM
Congratulations to Matt Entz on being named the new head coach. This is the guy I wanted. He will keep continuity in the program.

Now to keep Messingham, Hedberg and Kramer.

DeweyRumor I'm hearing is only Hedberg from that list is staying. Mess, Riley and Kramer all heading down to KState.

BisonFan02
December 13th, 2018, 11:04 PM
Rumor I'm hearing is only Hedberg from that list is staying. Mess, Riley and Kramer all heading down to KState.

Kramer would surprise me. KState has a touted physical program. Kramer is more than football as well....not normal for these moves to coincide.

Lorne_Malvo
December 13th, 2018, 11:25 PM
Rumor I'm hearing is only Hedberg from that list is staying. Mess, Riley and Kramer all heading down to KState.

You are hearing wrong.

thebootfitter
December 14th, 2018, 03:06 AM
How?

A SHSU fan not even close to the ins and outs of NDSU thinks the Bison will fall off.....explain this nugget of wisdom...xeyebrowxPretty sure he's just messin' with ya, man!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2018, 06:27 AM

Cannot blame them with the big bump in pay. I thought they had a really good S&C coach that is staying.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2018, 06:28 AM
Pretty sure he's just messin' with ya, man!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

He can hope I guess!

:D

Bisonator
December 14th, 2018, 07:57 AM
Good thing all you are hearing is a rumor.xsmiley_wix

NDSUtk
December 14th, 2018, 08:04 AM
Good thing all you are hearing is a rumor.xsmiley_wixWe shall see! Many believe no assistants were allowed to go based on Litrell's camp spreading that rumor and that was obviously not true. Hope I'm hearing wrong.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2018, 08:09 AM
We shall see! Many believe no assistants were allowed to go based on Litrell's camp spreading that rumor and that was obviously not true. Hope I'm hearing wrong.
That was also shot down pretty quick. Try to keep up.xthumbsupx

NDSUtk
December 14th, 2018, 08:16 AM
That was also shot down pretty quick. Try to keep up.xthumbsupxWell aware, was pointing it to as how what people hear isn't always true.

Derby City Duke
December 14th, 2018, 08:58 AM
You are hearing wrong.

But wait...you said it was all rumor without fact about Klieman leaving and that the 'Klieman is gone...' thread title was laughable. Why is it so far-fetched that some of his coaches would go with him? I know we didn't expect to keep any coaches when Houston jetted out of town. We ended up hanging on to 2 -- the interim and the CB coach.

dewey
December 14th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Here is the gameday preview.

https://youtu.be/ow9NQq9x7KI

Go Bison!

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TwinCitiesBison
December 14th, 2018, 09:58 AM
I can't believe no one has made the "It'll be just like when Wentz was here except without the W's" joke yet. I'm actually a little disappointed in some of the posters here.

neverobeyed
December 14th, 2018, 03:08 PM
I think Messingham will stay if you believe what you read over at the KState forums. Doesn't sound like there is a huge love loss with them and Messingham due to his time at Iowa State for some reason.

That sounds just stupid enough to be true.

cx500d
December 14th, 2018, 03:09 PM

Given that Iowa State blew chunks when Messingham was there, I could see why they wouldn't want him.

Schism55
December 14th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Given that Iowa State blew chunks when Messingham was there, I could see why they wouldn't want him.
The Cyclones have blown chunks the majority of their existence, not sure you can point the blame at him

neverobeyed
December 14th, 2018, 08:22 PM

The Cyclones have blown chunks the majority of their existence, not sure you can point the blame at him

That was my thinking. Seems to be doing well up your way.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2018, 07:23 AM
There were some great Entz signs up last night at the game.

He'll keep the dynasty rolling.....xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2018, 07:38 AM

It's true I'd have to go find the post but it's absolutely what they think. You have to take what you read over there with several large doses of salt. I'd say anyone who thinks Bison fans are braggadocious only need read the KState fans board. They make us look modest xlolx and the worst part is they haven't won **** to even be 1/10th as full of **** as they are. I'm happy for Kleiman but what a bunch of ass hat fans on their message boards xnodx A few of them watched last nights game and well lets just say they were trashing the play at this level as well as the players.

Fell free to go look if you have a strong stomach https://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=41119.0

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2018, 07:43 AM
It's true I'd have to go find the post but it's absolutely what they think. You have to take what you read over there with several large doses of salt. I'd say anyone who thinks Bison fans are braggadocious only need read the KState fans board. They make us look modest xlolx and the worst part is they haven't won **** to even be 1/10th as full of **** as they are. I'm happy for Kleiman but what a bunch of ass hat fans on their message boards xnodx A few of them watched last nights game and well lets just say they were trashing the play at this level as well as the players.

Fell free to go look if you have a strong stomach https://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=41119.0
Goemaw is the biggest cesspool of a college football message board that I've ever seen on the interwebs and there's a lot of cesspool boards out there.

That said they do have good fans/posters too (not goemaw but K-State in general). One K-State fan had a real good post earlier this week on bisonville: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39885-A-Salute-and-Best-Wishes

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Goemaw is the biggest cesspool of a college football message board that I've ever seen on the interwebs and there's a lot of cesspool boards out there.

That said they do have good fans/posters too (not goemaw but K-State in general). One K-State fan had a real good post earlier this week on bisonville: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39885-A-Salute-and-Best-Wishes

Yeah I realize it's just a message board and absolutely not representative of their overall fanbase. Heck look at the number of comments others have made about Bison fans who post on message boards and how their opinions change when they meet us in person. Message boards are just a place to have fun, talk some smack if you want and in general share some info and have a good time. But you are 100% correct in your assessment of that particular board. I don't really know if those ass hats would be any different in person or not it would be interesting to see but it'll never happen as I won't be going down there unless NDSU were to play them again sometime in the future. As it is I will wish Coach K the best of luck in his position down there in spite of a few d-bag fans who don't deserve a coach of his caliber to be leading their team!

Schism55
December 15th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Goemaw sounds like an especially virulent strain of VD xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2018, 10:23 PM
Current Bison OC Courtney Messingham was on the recruiting trail for NDSU today.... huge deal to retain him as it means the Bison will keep both coordinators from the last two years on the staff (with DC Entz being promoted to HC). Current DB coach Klanderman was also on the recruiting trail for NDSU today so perhaps he will be the new DC?

Bisonwinagn
December 15th, 2018, 11:00 PM
Current Bison OC Courtney Messingham was on the recruiting trail for NDSU today.... huge deal to retain him as it means the Bison will keep both coordinators from the last two years on the staff (with DC Entz being promoted to HC). Current DB coach Klanderman was also on the recruiting trail for NDSU today so perhaps he will be the new DC?

Doesn't mean anything until after Klieman has a chance to start interviewing next week. Probably won't know anything until after signing day.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2018, 07:48 PM
Great press conference announcing Coach Entz as the new head coach:

https://gobison.com/index.aspx?path=football

Pretty interesting comment from Coach Entz.....when he was talking about Easton and then Tray Lance coming after him....

TL will be the next QB.....xnodx

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2018, 06:07 AM
Great press conference announcing Coach Entz as the new head coach:

https://gobison.com/index.aspx?path=football

Pretty interesting comment from Coach Entz.....when he was talking about Easton and then Tray Lance coming after him....

TL will be the next QB.....xnodx
Is it normal to make the announcement and have a press conference before a contract is signed though? I'd think not. I'd feel much better if the ink was dry on the contract!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2018, 06:35 AM
Is it normal to make the announcement and have a press conference before a contract is signed though? I'd think not. I'd feel much better if the ink was dry on the contract!

Ya, but I'm pretty sure Entz will not change his mind...:D...or Larsen/Bruscani

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2018, 08:29 AM
Pretty sure that's how it worked with Klieman. From what I understand Taylor offered the job to Klieman on a Saturday night which was the first meaningful conversation they had about the position and he was formally introduced Sunday afternoon.

It sure seemed like that's how it went down with Klieman's hire at K-State too but I guess I never heard the timeline there laid out like Taylor did when he hired Klieman at NDSU.

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2018, 02:43 PM
Well, the coaching turnover at NDSU should be done with this announcement: https://www.kstatesports.com/news/2018/12/22/football-klieman-adds-four-new-coaches-to-k-state-staff.aspx

Gone are OC/RBs Messingham, OL/run game coordinator Riley, WRs Ray, and DBs Klanderman. Bison will retain QBs Hedberg, FB/TEs Roehl, DTs Goeser, DEs Williams, and CBs Morgan (in addition to Entz).

I'd assume Goeser will take over as DC and they'll fill LBs and DBs with external hires. On offense it seems likely Entz will have to go external for an OC since Hedberg is rolling as QB coach right now and Roehl isn't ready to be an OC yet I don't think. If they go internal for OC it has to be Hedberg I'd think but it will be interesting to see who Entz may be able to entice to come in with a potential OC job as the "carrot".

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2018, 02:49 PM
Losing Messinham is a huge blow to the Bison, but I don't think people realize that Klanderman was a stud of a coach. Those DBs he coached were some of the best in the Valley if not nation year in and year out.

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2018, 02:52 PM
Losing Messinham is a huge blow to the Bison, but I don't think people realize that Klanderman was a stud of a coach. Those DBs he coached were some of the best in the Valley if not nation year in and year out.

Hell, Riley kept the Rams going and made them arguably the best O-Line in the nation.

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2018, 04:17 PM
Well, the coaching turnover at NDSU should be done with this announcement: https://www.kstatesports.com/news/2018/12/22/football-klieman-adds-four-new-coaches-to-k-state-staff.aspx

Gone are OC/RBs Messingham, OL/run game coordinator Riley, WRs Ray, and DBs Klanderman. Bison will retain QBs Hedberg, FB/TEs Roehl, DTs Goeser, DEs Williams, and CBs Morgan (in addition to Entz).

I'd assume Goeser will take over as DC and they'll fill LBs and DBs with external hires. On offense it seems likely Entz will have to go external for an OC since Hedberg is rolling as QB coach right now and Roehl isn't ready to be an OC yet I don't think. If they go internal for OC it has to be Hedberg I'd think but it will be interesting to see who Entz may be able to entice to come in with a potential OC job as the "carrot".

I hope it's done, but K-State coaching list look kind of small in this link. Still room to grow.

2019 K-State Football Coaching Staff (Through Dec. 22)
Chris Klieman (https://www.kstatesports.com/staff.aspx?staff=291) (Head Coach)
Courtney Messingham (Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends)
Joe Klanderman (Safeties)
Collin Klein (https://www.kstatesports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1264) (Quarterbacks)
Jason Ray (Wide Receivers)
Conor Riley (Offensive Line)
Blake Seiler (https://www.kstatesports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1266) (Defensive Line)

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2018, 04:27 PM
I hope it's done, but K-State coaching list look kind of small in this link. Still room to grow.

2019 K-State Football Coaching Staff (Through Dec. 22)
Chris Klieman (https://www.kstatesports.com/staff.aspx?staff=291) (Head Coach)
Courtney Messingham (Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends)
Joe Klanderman (Safeties)
Collin Klein (https://www.kstatesports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1264) (Quarterbacks)
Jason Ray (Wide Receivers)
Conor Riley (Offensive Line)
Blake Seiler (https://www.kstatesports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1266) (Defensive Line)
I recall hearing somewhere that Klieman said he plans to bring on 3-5 coaches that were not on NDSU or K-State's staff last year. I think he's got 4 or 5 more spots to fill after the 6 he's retained from both staffs so far so I think the rest will be filled out with external guys.

EDIT: It does sound like Klieman is adding former SMU defensive coordinator (current Mississippi St defensive quality control coach) Van Malone to his staff. He's got a lot of experience as a cornerbacks coach so that would be the logical fit at K-State I would guess.

NDSUtk
December 22nd, 2018, 04:33 PM
You are hearing wrong.Called 3 of 4. Guess I didn't hear overly wrong...

Laker
December 22nd, 2018, 06:59 PM

Former player and DC at MSU-Mankato. I wish him him the best.

Lorne_Malvo
December 22nd, 2018, 07:08 PM
Called 3 of 4. Guess I didn't hear overly wrong...

The only one I cared about leaving was Kramer. I knew he was not leaving, thus my comment.

citdog
December 22nd, 2018, 09:35 PM
Google racist attempted murder at Lehigh

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2018, 10:05 PM
I recall hearing somewhere that Klieman said he plans to bring on 3-5 coaches that were not on NDSU or K-State's staff last year. I think he's got 4 or 5 more spots to fill after the 6 he's retained from both staffs so far so I think the rest will be filled out with external guys.

EDIT: It does sound like Klieman is adding former SMU defensive coordinator (current Mississippi St defensive quality control coach) Van Malone to his staff. He's got a lot of experience as a cornerbacks coach so that would be the logical fit at K-State I would guess.

Malone, another former Bison assistant.

BisonTru
December 22nd, 2018, 10:25 PM

Interesting. They owe their old OC a lot of money. Does he stay on as a position coach? Would he even be willing to take a demotion? It's not surprising Klieman wanted Messignham as they've been pretty damn close for years.

On NDSU's OC, I don't buy Roehl isn't ready. Hell, the LA Rams head coach is younger than me. Now, I say that, but I don't really know and I don't think any of us outside the building really do. Roehl is passionate that's for sure, but that's also one of the reasons I really like Polasek and my fellow keyboard warriors didn't really agree with me there.

Random tidbit on Polasek. When he interviewed at Iowa, they asked him what his dream job is. His answer was Head Coach of NDSU.

dewey
December 22nd, 2018, 10:50 PM
Hell, Riley kept the Rams going and made them arguably the best O-Line in the nation.

The offensive line was good for Riley but the offensive line has always been solid at NDSU. I believe NDSU will find some up and coming young coaches to join the machine.

Dewey

Bisonoline
December 22nd, 2018, 10:53 PM

And they were under Fuchs.

Everytime a coach or player leaves I hear the same thing---he going to be hard to replace and we wont be as good. cough cough

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2018, 11:43 PM
And they were under Fuchs.

Everytime a coach or player leaves I hear the same thing---he going to be hard to replace and we wont be as good. cough coughDo you think Fuchs would ever come back though? I ask since of the non main 3 coaches, Riley and Klanderman were my favorite "position" coaches (outside of Kramer, but I wouldn't classify S&C as position coaching).

Bisonoline
December 22nd, 2018, 11:48 PM
Do you think Fuchs would ever come back though? I ask since of the non main 3 coaches, Riley and Klanderman were my favorite "position" coaches (outside of Kramer, but I wouldn't classify S&C as position coaching).

Unless his position at WY has turned to **** I cant see him coming back here as a position coach.

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2018, 11:49 PM
Unless his position at WY has turned to **** I cant see him coming back here as a position coach.As long as Vigen stays away (Larsen wont pick up that phone) I will be alright. Hell I'd take Polasek in a heartbeat before Vigen.

citdog
December 23rd, 2018, 12:14 AM
Google "racist attempted murder at Lehigh".

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2018, 12:15 AM

Just stop JFC

citdog
December 23rd, 2018, 12:22 AM
Just stop JFC

le high football phone booth wouldn't stop if it was your school why should his get a pass?

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2018, 12:39 AM
le high football phone booth wouldn't stop if it was your school why should his get a pass?

Stop ****ting all over this message board.

citdog
December 23rd, 2018, 12:48 AM
Stop ****ting all over this message board.

Again the yankee "we are far more tolerant than you flyover boys are" wouldn't stop if it was your school. Why should they be treated differently?

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2018, 07:17 AM
Do you think Fuchs would ever come back though? I ask since of the non main 3 coaches, Riley and Klanderman were my favorite "position" coaches (outside of Kramer, but I wouldn't classify S&C as position coaching).

Unless his position at WY has turned to **** I cant see him coming back here as a position coach.
I think Fuchs would be an excellent choice for OC but there isn't any direct connection between him and Entz I don't believe. There may also still be some bad blood between "Klieman guys" and "Bohl guys" (even though Klieman is rumored to be interested in Scottie Hazelton as his DC at K-State). That said if Entz really "understands Bison football" like he claims I'd hope he at least gauges the interest from Fuchs in potentially coming back to NDSU as OC.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2018, 08:59 AM

And your bull**it with this crap is relevant how?

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2018, 11:41 AM
I think Fuchs would be an excellent choice for OC but there isn't any direct connection between him and Entz I don't believe. There may also still be some bad blood between "Klieman guys" and "Bohl guys" (even though Klieman is rumored to be interested in Scottie Hazelton as his DC at K-State). That said if Entz really "understands Bison football" like he claims I'd hope he at least gauges the interest from Fuchs in potentially coming back to NDSU as OC.

I'd like for Fuchs to come back.

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2018, 02:32 PM
Again the yankee "we are far more tolerant than you flyover boys are" wouldn't stop if it was your school. Why should they be treated differently?

Fact is it not your school either and you being nothing more than an bore. But then again that pretty common for you.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 24th, 2018, 12:21 AM

Well, I've talked with you plenty in the past about your political bull**** on the FCS board. I believe the last time I said that it would be a long time between this discussion and any future ones. You won't be having one here for at least a year. AMF

ursus arctos horribilis
December 24th, 2018, 12:37 AM
Just stop JFC

And your bull**it with this crap is relevant how?

Sorry for not catching this earlier and ending it folks. I don't like to see these threads torn down by some silly little bitch antics like this either and my apologies for being absent while it was going on. It should be better going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuDDqU6n4o

Bisonoline
December 24th, 2018, 01:01 AM
Sorry for not catching this earlier and ending it folks. I don't like to see these threads torn down by some silly little bitch antics like this either and my apologies for being absent while it was going on. It should be better going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuDDqU6n4o

Not your fault my man. You have a life and we cant expect you to baby sit a bunch of adults. Unfortuatly there is always a dick that just cant behave. BTW the cool hand luke spot was balls on.

Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!

eat some deer sausage it will make you feel betterxthumbsupx

NDSUtk
December 27th, 2018, 05:51 PM
Really good article on Strength and Conditioning coach Kramer. Appears he was offered a substantial raise to go to K State (no surprise) and seriously looked at it. Was even going to keep the family up here. Glad he stayed.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/941283-NDSUs-noted-strength-coach-Kramer-will-remain-with-program#.XCVhNuynVKU.twitter

SUPharmacist
December 27th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Really good article on Strength and Conditioning coach Kramer. Appears he was offered a substantial raise to go to K State (no surprise) and seriously looked at it. Was even going to keep the family up here. Glad he stayed.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/941283-NDSUs-noted-strength-coach-Kramer-will-remain-with-program#.XCVhNuynVKU.twitter

Wonderful news. Can NDSU give him a pay bump as well (obviously would not match whatever his offer was, but he has certainly earned some extra dough)?

NDSUtk
December 27th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Wonderful news. Can NDSU give him a pay bump as well (obviously would not match whatever his offer was, but he has certainly earned some extra dough)?I have to assume the athletic department is working on expanding the S&C budget. I know you can also donate to that as part of the Bison Pride Fund where you can pick where you want your donation to go. If I was Teammakers I'd put out a drive with a goal for a few million to support that department as it helps all sports. With as much love as Kramer gets from fans, it would be one I think people would jump at giving to. Get some in the bank and you can take a percent for pay raises and make it last 10+ years.

Professor Chaos
January 9th, 2019, 10:23 AM
Entz adds to his coaching staff with the hiring of AJ Blazek (former Rutgers O-line coach and assistant coach) as his O-line coach and David Braun (UNI DL coach in '17 and LB/Special Teams coordinator in '18) as his DC: http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-2/scoop-wednesday-january-9-2019/

I like the Blazek hire. Braun is kind of a head scratcher. Pretty young guy for the DC spot, I was assuming Nick Goeser (who's been with NDSU since 2010) would've earned his DC opportunity so I wonder if he's going to stick around???

There's rumors that Tyler Roehl (FBs and TEs coach at NDSU for the last few years and former NDSU RB) will be taking over as OC. If that's the case NDSU will have 2 guys under the age of 35 as their coordinators.

EDIT: NDSU makes it official that Tyler Roehl will be promoted to OC. Also, QB coach Randy Hedberg promoted to Associate Head Coach/Passing Game Coordinator (assuming that he'll continue to work heavily with the QBs). They also announce that Nick Goeser will continue to coach DTs (that's good to hear), Buddha Williams will continue to coach DEs, and Kody Morgan will continue to coach CBs (https://gobison.com/news/2019/1/9/football-hedberg-promoted-to-associate-head-coach-roehl-to-offensive-coordinator.aspx)

As has been mentioned in another thread Grant Olson (former NDSU LB and Indiana St LB coach last year) has been hired to coach LBs. Assuming the reports on Blazek and Braun are correct that leaves 2 more openings on the offensive side for WRs and then either RBs or FBs/TEs (depending on which group Roehl takes).

Southern Bison
January 9th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Entz adds to his coaching staff with the hiring of AJ Blazek (former Rutgers O-line coach and assistant coach) as his O-line coach and David Braun (UNI DL coach in '17 and LB/Special Teams coordinator in '18) as his DC: http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-2/scoop-wednesday-january-9-2019/

I like the Blazek hire. Braun is kind of a head scratcher. Pretty young guy for the DC spot, I was assuming Nick Goeser (who's been with NDSU since 2010) would've earned his DC opportunity so I wonder if he's going to stick around???

There's rumors that Tyler Roehl (FBs and TEs coach at NDSU for the last few years and former NDSU RB) will be taking over as OC. If that's the case NDSU will have 2 guys under the age of 35 as their coordinators.

EDIT: NDSU makes it official that Tyler Roehl will be promoted to OC. Also, QB coach Randy Hedberg promoted to Associate Head Coach/Passing Game Coordinator (assuming that he'll continue to work heavily with the QBs). They also announce that Nick Goeser will continue to coach DTs (that's good to hear), Buddha Williams will continue to coach DEs, and Kody Morgan will continue to coach CBs (https://gobison.com/news/2019/1/9/football-hedberg-promoted-to-associate-head-coach-roehl-to-offensive-coordinator.aspx)

As has been mentioned in another thread Grant Olson (former NDSU LB and Indiana St LB coach last year) has been hired to coach LBs. Assuming the reports on Blazek and Braun are correct that leaves 2 more openings on the offensive side for WRs and then either RBs or FBs/TEs (depending on which group Roehl takes).I like the Roehl promotion from within. Getting Grant back to Fargo will pay off in the years to come (future DC then HC).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

clenz
January 9th, 2019, 01:03 PM
I don't get Braun as a DC for NDSU

He was removed from being a position coach after 1 year at UNI and put on special teams duty and was an assistant position coach.

To go from special teams coach and assistant position coach to DC in 1 off season at 30 some years old with less than 6 years D1 experience is...well...it's a move I can't fault him for taking.

Bisonoline
January 9th, 2019, 01:24 PM

As has been mentioned in another thread Grant Olson (former NDSU LB and Indiana St LB coach last year) has been hired to coach LBs. Assuming the reports on Blazek and Braun are correct that leaves 2 more openings on the offensive side for WRs and then either RBs or FBs/TEs (depending on which group Roehl takes).

May be Goeser didnt want the DC??? Some just make better position coaches. Look at Polacek. Great position coach and recruiter but not so good at the OC.

Professor Chaos
January 9th, 2019, 01:53 PM

He was removed from being a position coach after 1 year at UNI and put on special teams duty and was an assistant position coach.

To go from special teams coach and assistant position coach to DC in 1 off season at 30 some years old with less than 6 years D1 experience is...well...it's a move I can't fault him for taking.
Yeah, I'm skeptical as well. He's had a relationship with Entz going back to his playing days at Winona (when Entz was coaching there) so I guess Entz knows him pretty well. I would just guess that he could've had his pick of a lot of higher profile DC candidates so seems like kind of an obscure pick.

May be Goeser didnt want the DC??? Some just make better position coaches. Look at Polacek. Great position coach and recruiter but not so good at the OC.
Could be. I've heard he really likes being the recruiting coordinator so maybe to him that's just where he wants to be. I'm glad he's sticking around though, he's got 7 championships and counting as a coach at NDSU and he'll have a chance to break that tie with Klieman if he sticks around a few more years.

Professor Chaos
January 9th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Rumor is Noah Pauley, current OC and WR coach at D2 Minnesota-Duluth, will be the next WRs coach at NDSU (https://umdbulldogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=439&path=football).

One spot left to fill I believe. Either a RBs or a FBs/TEs coach.

Laker
January 10th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Rumor is Noah Pauley, current OC and WR coach at D2 Minnesota-Duluth, will be the next WRs coach at NDSU (https://umdbulldogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=439&path=football).

One spot left to fill I believe. Either a RBs or a FBs/TEs coach.

No longer a rumor.

https://umdbulldogs.com/news/2019/1/9/umd-football-offensive-coordinator-pauley-steps-down-to-join-ndsu-coaching-staff.aspx

BisonBacker
January 10th, 2019, 04:36 PM
I have no problem with Pauley but I"m puzzled by the DC coordinator hire. Time will tell on that one I guess. Just don't get all the warm fuzzy's over it.

BisonBacker
January 10th, 2019, 04:37 PM

Yeah this doesn't make me any less nervous about his hire! Old buddy from the DII days for Entz I guess.

clenz
January 10th, 2019, 04:43 PM
Yeah this doesn't make me any less nervous about his hire! Old buddy from the DII days for Entz I guess.
He was also given safties - I don't remember seeing him ever having done anything with that position group.

He was a DL in college. Went out west and coached DL at a non-D1, was co-DC and DL for a year before going to Davis as a DL coach. Came to UNI as a DL coach and moved to ST.

Maybe it works out. I haven't heard anything negative about him as a person. I have zero ill will or issues with him moving to NDSU, in general. Especially if he's going to coach with an old friend with a promotion and pay increase to go with it.

BisonBacker
January 11th, 2019, 09:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJpu99lfWmI&feature=youtu.be