PDA

View Full Version : Fmr NWST QB Now #2 in Buffalo

TexasTerror
April 6th, 2007, 05:55 PM
From the Daily Demon Blog that the NWST SID folks do. Glad to see an FCS quarterback moving on up the food chain. Buffalo will probably draft a QB at some point in the NFL draft, I'm sure...

Nall moves up with the Bills
The Buffalo Bills’ trade of star linebacker Takeo Spikes to the Philadelphia Eagles was a boost to the career of former Demon quarterback Craig Nall.

Also in the trade this week, Buffalo sent their No. 2 quarterback and former starter Kelly Holcomb to Philly. That moves Nall, a record-setting passer who led the 2001 Demons into the national playoffs, into the backup spot behind former Tulane quarterback J.P. Losman.

Losman established himself as the starter with a strong finish to the season. Nall was looking good in preseason until he hurt a hamstring, and missed a lot of action before coming back with a couple of impressive outings that had a lot of media thinking he was the No. 2 or maybe even a threat to push Losman at the beginning of last season.

Now he’s the guy who will be in the bullpen for the Bills in 2007.

Doug Ireland, SID

http://thedailydemon.blogspot.com/2007/03/nall-moves-up-with-bills.html

patssle
April 6th, 2007, 09:15 PM
just keeps showing the impact of the QB on our level

a record-setting passer who led the 2001 Demons into the national playoffs

NSUDemon98
April 8th, 2007, 10:48 AM
From the Daily Demon Blog that the NWST SID folks do. Glad to see an FCS quarterback moving on up the food chain. Buffalo will probably draft a QB at some point in the NFL draft, I'm sure...

Nall moves up with the Bills
The Buffalo Bills’ trade of star linebacker Takeo Spikes to the Philadelphia Eagles was a boost to the career of former Demon quarterback Craig Nall.

Also in the trade this week, Buffalo sent their No. 2 quarterback and former starter Kelly Holcomb to Philly. That moves Nall, a record-setting passer who led the 2001 Demons into the national playoffs, into the backup spot behind former Tulane quarterback J.P. Losman.

Losman established himself as the starter with a strong finish to the season. Nall was looking good in preseason until he hurt a hamstring, and missed a lot of action before coming back with a couple of impressive outings that had a lot of media thinking he was the No. 2 or maybe even a threat to push Losman at the beginning of last season.

Now he’s the guy who will be in the bullpen for the Bills in 2007.

Doug Ireland, SID

http://thedailydemon.blogspot.com/2007/03/nall-moves-up-with-bills.html

Personally I think Nall COULD be the #1 in Buffalo. Having seen Lossman and Nall both play in person at the collegiate level I'd have to say Nall has the edge b/c of his decision making ability. We'll see, hopefully he will get his chance to show it during the preseason. xthumbsupx

gmoney55
April 8th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Bills fan here.....Losman was probably one of the biggest bright spots over the last half of the season, and QB is one of the few places the team thinks they are set for the future. He really showed the potential to be a very solid player last year. Only way Nall sees the field is by injury (and I like Nall, there just isn't any competition).

NSUDemon98
April 8th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Bills fan here.....Losman was probably one of the biggest bright spots over the last half of the season, and QB is one of the few places the team thinks they are set for the future. He really showed the potential to be a very solid player last year. Only way Nall sees the field is by injury (and I like Nall, there just isn't any competition).

He hasn't had a shot yet.

Also, that is your opinion about there not being any competition. And most likely, that is how it will stand...can't waste money on a high draft pick like Losman now can we...

813Jag
April 11th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I think Losman is good but can be a bit of a gunslinger. Nall is a good QB as well it's just too bad he got caught up in that typical LSU QB derby.

Demon Fan
April 16th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I think Losman is good but can be a bit of a gunslinger. Nall is a good QB as well it's just too bad he got caught up in that typical LSU QB derby.

That's an absolutely accurate statement. Losman is good; but does (or did) tend to turn into a "slinger" if he took enough sacks and was pressured by a good pass rush team. That's not to say that Nall doesn't have his weaknesses,(a bit slow of foot) but I think that what hurt him the most was having the misfortune to be drafted by the Packers. Favre is a pretty hard #1 to dethrone. Then when they (Packers) drafted Rogers, Craig's chances to develop and realize is potential took a serious hit. I'm not wishing for a Losman injury; but if it occurs, gmoney55, you can most likely breathe easier than you imagined.