PDA

View Full Version : Chris Klieman is Gone...too

Pages : 1 [2] 3

centennial
December 10th, 2018, 01:18 AM
Good chance he is gone. Expect an announcement on Monday. Really hope I am wrong.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 05:43 AM
Good chance he is gone. Expect an announcement on Monday. Really hope I am wrong.
Yeah, seems the Twitter sleuths have caught NDSU coaches and staff starting to follow K-State recruits/coaches/media/etc late last night. Probably as good of an indication as any that they're expecting to have new company soon.

All in all this is much less of a gut punch than when Bohl left since it's a higher profile job that hardly anyone would expect Klieman to not jump at and it was a logical connection as soon as Snyder announced his retirement.

Only question is how many coaches follow him? It seems as though reports that K-State was forcing the incoming coach to retain some assistants may have been exaggerated and Klieman's staff is very tightknit as evidenced by how low the turnover has been in his 5 years at the helm at NDSU (only 3 assistants have moved on in that time) despite the massive success they've had.

The ball is now in Matt Larsen's court to salvage a coach or 3 to maintain recruiting continuity 9 days from early signing day. I'd hope Gene Taylor and Klieman will understand the position Larsen is in given those guys' roles when Bohl left and give the assistants the freedom to make their own decisions.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2018, 06:04 AM
Good luck to Coach Klieman if this is true....which it looks like it is. He deserves it!

Dang....sounds like Entz is leaving also....:(.....was hoping he would stay. I'm not too high on Polasek coming back, not sure he would. Bring Grant Olsen back from ISUb.

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2018, 06:09 AM
I wonder if Roehl is going?

centennial
December 10th, 2018, 06:12 AM
Good luck to Coach Klieman if this is true....which it looks like it is. He deserves it!

Dang....sounds like Entz is leaving also....:(.....was hoping he would stay. I'm not too high on Polasek coming back, not sure he would. Bring Grant Olsen back from ISUb.

Entz will make 400k at K State, and a good defense will give him a look in 2-3 years as a G5 coach. Let's see what happens.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 06:35 AM
If we lose the staff, I'll actually be nervous. Hey Matt, pay Kramer, Entz, and Roehl whatever they want. We cannot afford to let them go. If they do, I'd be willing to guess Curt Mallory gets the call.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 07:34 AM
It’ll be rabid rabbit and his 8 or 9 buddies that came to our joint watch party ....hey that’s a good idea - another DFW watch party?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey I’ll be there dammit. That’s ten right there.

Seriously? That is inconceivable.

Yeah. Hobo Day and D days are far bigger events than the ND teams homecomings, but I still don’t get it. I doubt it will ever change. It’s dumb as hell, I could never even conceive the amount of alcohol it would take for me to end up in Vermintown, but it is what it is.

That said, the USeD rivalry is pretty dead outside of wbb. Nobody really cares cause we have a history of whooping up on them in football and mbb ever since they made the jump.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 08:36 AM
Yeah, seems the Twitter sleuths have caught NDSU coaches and staff starting to follow K-State recruits/coaches/media/etc late last night. Probably as good of an indication as any that they're expecting to have new company soon.

All in all this is much less of a gut punch than when Bohl left since it's a higher profile job that hardly anyone would expect Klieman to not jump at and it was a logical connection as soon as Snyder announced his retirement.

Only question is how many coaches follow him? It seems as though reports that K-State was forcing the incoming coach to retain some assistants may have been exaggerated and Klieman's staff is very tightknit as evidenced by how low the turnover has been in his 5 years at the helm at NDSU (only 3 assistants have moved on in that time) despite the massive success they've had.

The ball is now in Matt Larsen's court to salvage a coach or 3 to maintain recruiting continuity 9 days from early signing day. I'd hope Gene Taylor and Klieman will understand the position Larsen is in given those guys' roles when Bohl left and give the assistants the freedom to make their own decisions.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant but I still think Wyoming is higher profile than NDSU. Unless you meant KSU is higher profile than Wyoming then disregard.

centennial
December 10th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Maybe I misunderstood what you meant but I still think Wyoming is higher profile than NDSU. Unless you meant KSU is higher profile than Wyoming then disregard.

I am not sure what he means but NDSU in my opinion has more media/ ESPN/ national press etc. The money does favor Wyoming though. The path to NFL from both teams I would also think is similar.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 08:47 AM
I am not sure what he means but NDSU in my opinion has more media/ ESPN/ national press etc. The money does favor Wyoming though. The path to NFL from both teams I would also think is similar.

here's why I say that, and when fans of ISUb and EIU compare MAC schools to anyone in our conference I say the same, Best case scenario for any FCS team...ESPN 2 the saturday before the national championship. Best case scenario for any G5 school, BCS bowl bid. I still think that's better. I dont think the NFL is missing on too many players from smaller schools

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2018, 08:48 AM
First off, I can understand why Klieman is a candidate for FBS jobs. No-brainer. But, this just seems so strange mainly due to the fact he would more than likely NOT be a candidate for any other P5 job opening. He is only a candidate because GT is the athletic director. Am I seeing this wrong?
Kansas hires Les Miles. Kansas State hires Chris Klieman. xcoffeex

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 08:49 AM
First off, I can understand why Klieman is a candidate for FBS jobs. No-brainer. But, this just seems so strange mainly due to the fact he would more than likely NOT be a candidate for any other P5 job opening. He is only a candidate because GT is the athletic director. Am I seeing this wrong?
Kansas hires Les Miles. Kansas State hires Chris Klieman. xcoffeexYea, the Les Miles thing is a mystery to me as well. Klieman is a better coach.

ST_Lawson
December 10th, 2018, 08:50 AM

That's how I understood it. NDSU fans were kinda mad when Bohl left for Wyoming because it didn't seem like much of a step up...it was a step up, but just a small one. Going NDSU to KSU though is a HUGE step up in exposure, salary, resources, etc. and it's much harder to fault a guy for taking that kind of opportunity when it presents itself. Going straight from a FCS (even one as good as NDSU) to a P5 program is a rare opportunity.

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2018, 08:51 AM
Yea, the Les Miles thing is a mystery to me as well. Klieman is a better coach.

Like totally.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Like totally.Totally in a tubular way.

Green1
December 10th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Kansas hires Les Miles. Kansas State hires Chris Klieman. xcoffeex

Hard to know if any other P5 job opening would have Klieman as their top candidate. We just don't know but if your suggesting that Klieman is unsuited to become a P5 coach and is only being hired because of some personal friendship with Gene Taylor at K state, then I would disagree.

Klieman has produced a historic record at NDSU. Under his leadership, there are winning records that have never been seen in college football. His consistency of wins, recruiting, retention of staff and demeanor point to a level of coaching ability that is every bit P5 elite.

I think Taylor has the advantage over other P5 AD's due to his direct work experience with Klieman. Don't under estimate this fact. He knows how Klieman works, interacts and delegates with his recruits, players, coaches and administration. Other head coach choices are more of a crap shoot. Until an AD actually works with them, there remains the possibility of personality conflicts. Especially dealing with the ever present Snyder looking over everone's shoulder.

Gene Taylor's job depends on this hire. I don't think he would be pushing Klieman (against some donor's wishes,I might add) unless he thought Klieman was the best man for the job.

Derby City Duke
December 10th, 2018, 09:19 AM
If he does indeed get, and accept, an offer from K-State, I wish him well. Hopefully they can work it out so he can stay at least through this weekend's game.

The early signing day has really changed the dynamics of the coaching carousel.

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2018, 09:19 AM
Hard to know if any other P5 job opening would have Klieman as their top candidate. We just don't know but if your suggesting that Klieman is unsuited to become a P5 coach and is only being hired because of some personal friendship with Gene Taylor at K state, then I would disagree.

Klieman has produced a historic record at NDSU. Under his leadership, there are winning records that have never been seen in college football. His consistency of wins, recruiting, retention of staff and demeanor point to a level of coaching ability that is every bit P5 elite.

I think Taylor has the advantage over other P5 AD's due to his direct work experience with Klieman. Don't under estimate this fact. He knows how Klieman works, interacts and delegates with his recruits, players, coaches and administration. Other head coach choices are more of a crap shoot. Until an AD actually works with them, their remains the possibility of personality conflicts. Especially dealing with the ever present Snyder looking over everone's shoulder.

Gene Taylor's job depends on this hire. I don't think he would be pushing Klieman (against some donor's wishes,I might add) unless he thought he was the best man for the job.

You guys need to realize that he has a massive built-in advantage over every single opponent on the schedule. Every single year., every game. There isn't another coach in the country with that setup. The next NDSU coach will do the same thing as him, maybe a bit less, but pretty much the same. Then the next guy will, too.

It's like being a DC at LSU. When is the last time their DC wasn't a "defensive genius"? Take a look at Bohl's record at Wyoming, too.

At Kansas State he will not have an advantage over any P5 opponent on his schedule, only the OOC buy games.

I am not against Klieman because I respect the hell out of his coaching and he will be an FBS coach soon. But this seems like a huge step up for him, like a massive step up. They aren't hiring him to beat Kansas and Baylor.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 09:22 AM
You guys need to realize that he has a massive built-in advantage over every single opponent on the schedule. Every single year., every game. There isn't another coach in the country with that setup. The next NDSU coach will do the same thing as him, maybe a bit less, but pretty much the same. Then the next guy will, too.

It's like being a DC at LSU. When is the last time their DC wasn't a "defensive genius"? Take a look at Bohl's record at Wyoming, too.

At Kansas State he will not have an advantage over any P5 opponent on his schedule, only the OOC buy games.

I am not against Klieman because I respect the hell out of his coaching and he will be an FBS coach soon. But this seems like a huge step up for him, like a massive step up. They aren't hiring him to beat Kansas and Baylor.Explain the massive built in advantage he has at NDSU. Is it like the massive built in advantage UND has in hockey, how is that working out for you.

Green1
December 10th, 2018, 09:25 AM

I am not against Klieman because I respect the hell out of his coaching and he will be an FBS coach soon. But this seems like a huge step up for him, like a massive step up. They aren't hiring him to beat Kansas and Baylor.

You guys need to realize your making excuses for your own program. It's always NDSU has some sort of unfair advantage B.S.. You have the same opportunities to make your program every bit as good as NDSU's. To answer why you don't would require a look in the mirror and you guys are unwilling to do that. Blame some phantom unfair advantage- the results are predictable.

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2018, 09:30 AM
You guys need to realize your making excuses for your own program. It's always NDSU has some sort of unfair advantage B.S.. You have the same opportunities to make your program every bit as good as NDSU's. To answer why you don't would require a look in the mirror and you guys are unwilling to do that. Blame some phantom unfair advantage- the results are predictable.

UND has nothing to do with this conversation. I was talking about CK and the NDSU program as it relates to his prospects of coaching a Big 12 program. Stay focused and try not to go full-Bison on us.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I meant it's an easier pill for Bison fans to swallow since we (maybe some of us begrudgingly) view K-State as a clear step up from NDSU and I think there are very few of us who thought Wyoming was any better than a lateral move for Bohl. Then we found out about how much more money he was going to make there. xlolx

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 09:34 AM
UND has nothing to do with this conversation. I was talking about CK and the NDSU program as it relates to his prospects of coaching a Big 12 program. Stay focused and try not to go full-Bison on us.

I would like to hear the built-in advantages of being the HC @ NDSU, please.

Mayville Bison
December 10th, 2018, 09:36 AM

Quite a few of us are trying to understand this "massive built-in advantage". Explain it so someone can explain to you how you fawked up.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Might need to pump the brakes yet again on this. Still nothing from the national "insiders" like Adam Rittenberg, Bruce Feldman, Football Scoop, etc other than that a decision from K-State is likely imminent and that Klieman is a prime candidate. I'd find it pretty remarkable they were able to keep it quiet this far into this morning if an agreement was reached last night.

Not sure how credible this 247sports writer is but he says as of this morning Troy's Neal Brown is "surging" as the favorite and that Klieman is "fading": https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/LongFormArticle/Kansas-State-new-coach-Mike-Norvell-Chris-Klieman-Neal-Brown-Jim-Leavitt-Bill-Snyder-5-126154803/

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2018, 09:39 AM
You guys don't think you have a advantage over 99.5% of the FCS . Understood.

I do, but I am also not very smart so will walk away in deep shame.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 09:44 AM

I do, but I am also not very smart so will walk away in deep shame.Well, it is good that you are self aware, that is an important trait.

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 09:46 AM

I would say anyone in the Big Sky, Valley, CAA or SoCON have advantages over the rest of the FCS. Especially the non-scholarship giving conferences, etc.

Green1
December 10th, 2018, 09:52 AM

If you can resist being a F'hawktard, I can avoid pointing out the B.S. you're typing.

RootinFerDukes
December 10th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Yea, the Les Miles thing is a mystery to me as well. Klieman is a better coach.

Would Kleiman have taken Kansas if offered? That’s an extensive rebuild at a perceived basketball school with no notable FB history.

CappinHard
December 10th, 2018, 10:00 AM
What will be interesting is if Klieman doesn't get it, how will that affect recruiting at NDSU? Probably not much, because it's still NDSU, but any smart recruit would really question how committed Klieman and the rest of his staff are to staying at NDSU for the 4-5 years that they're committing to.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Would Kleiman have taken Kansas if offered? That’s an extensive rebuild at a perceived basketball school with no notable FB history.I don't know, that grass eating **** Les Miles took the job at Kansas. Klieman has not been offered this position or announced anything yet, I think we are getting ahead of ourselves here. I don't know what he would have done at Kansas but my guess is that he would take the job, money talks and bull**** walks with most people.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 10:02 AM
What will be interesting is if Klieman doesn't get it, how will that affect recruiting at NDSU? Probably not much, because it's still NDSU, but any smart recruit would really question how committed Klieman and the rest of his staff are to staying at NDSU for the 4-5 years that they're committing to.
Maybe. I'd think if anyone would be able to relate to and understand the "If K-State or any P5 school shows interest in offering you, you listen" sentiment it would be someone going through the recruiting process right now.

Mayville Bison
December 10th, 2018, 10:05 AM

What is this massive built-in advantage?

Must be the dome right? Many others have one
Then it has to be the large crowds? NDSU was 7th last year in the FCS
Only one FBS team anywhere close? Despite being located in ND and having no population, multiple other FCS schools have that same "advantage".
All that oil money? Ha! That's a good one.

That leaves the culture and especially a culture of winning. If that's what you were referring to, then wow I pity the current state of UND football. Even though the joke has always been UND just waits for NDSU to drop to their level, I haven't ever seen it first hand despite living in UND country for 18 out of the last 26 years. UND has always wanted to be the one to knock NDSU off its throne. Happened in the 80's and early 90's, happened when UND wanted to move up, and it's happened the past 7 years. I have heard nothing but "Wait until we are fully D1 or wait until we are in the MVFC" and to be honest it's refreshing to have that perspective back.

Now if that's not what you were referring to, then I have no idea what you could be talking about.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 10:05 AM

That’s a reach IMO. It’s always a question for recruits and I think most recruits realize that even if a coach says “I will be here” what it really means is “I’ll be here unless I get a better offer”. It might cause a minor hiccup but I doubt that it would cause some large dissension in their recruits.

maine612
December 10th, 2018, 10:07 AM
IMHO, if Klieman were to leave, good for him and his family. Minimal, if any, impact to the health of the Bison program. They have been through this before. Reload with one of the coordinators and keep the train rolling.

Bison56
December 10th, 2018, 10:24 AM

You really are enjoying this aren't you?xlolx

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 10:30 AM
I would be more worried as an SDSU recruit because who knows how many Joose related busts Stig incurs prior to next season and had to coach from the Pen in SF, sorry, I know this bit is old but I haven't used it yet so I figured I would get it out of the way.

ST_Lawson
December 10th, 2018, 10:46 AM
I would say anyone in the Big Sky, Valley, CAA or SoCON have advantages over the rest of the FCS. Especially the non-scholarship giving conferences, etc.

Not sure that we have much of an advantage over anyone. If anything, I think we often VASTLY outperform (on the field) what our school size, attendance, location, and funding level would indicate.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 11:09 AM
Not sure that we have much of an advantage over anyone. If anything, I think we often VASTLY outperform (on the field) what our school size, attendance, location, and funding level would indicate.Being able to offer a football scholarship and opportunity to play against the best teams in the conference every year is better than not being able to offer a scholarship and hoping for academic aid.

ST_Lawson
December 10th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Being able to offer a football scholarship and opportunity to play against the best teams in the conference every year is better than not being able to offer a scholarship and hoping for academic aid.

This is true.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 11:15 AM
This is true.Hard to say no to a free 40-60k (potentially 280k if you're Colgate xlolx) education with room and board included to play football.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 11:18 AM
1. I think NDSU has a non-massive advantage.

2. If they are trying to appease Bill Snyder by making the new hire keep most of his coaching staff, I think they are going to go on a downhill slide.

taper
December 10th, 2018, 11:20 AM
here's why I say that, and when fans of ISUb and EIU compare MAC schools to anyone in our conference I say the same, Best case scenario for any FCS team...ESPN 2 the saturday before the national championship. Best case scenario for any G5 school, BCS bowl bid. I still think that's better. I dont think the NFL is missing on too many players from smaller schools

Not all G5 are equal. Places like Boise St and UCF are without a doubt higher. Wyoming isn't. NDSU, JMU, and Harvard have hosted Gameday recently, Wyoming never has. They had 1 home game on ESPNnews, otherwise ESPN was there for the other team. That's like saying Delaware St had Gameday when they played us.

ST_Lawson
December 10th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Hard to say no to a free 40-60k (potentially 280k if you're Colgate xlolx) education with room and board included to play football.

Right, but if a kid is good enough to be getting offers from multiple MVFC teams...well...we don't win that recruiting battle very often. Very few of the guys who actually commit to Western have any other DI offers. Sometimes we can turn those guys into great players (Sean McGuire only had 1 DI offer out of HS), but it's kinda starting from a disadvantaged position as compared to teams like NDSU who can often win recruiting battles with G5 schools.

Daytripper
December 10th, 2018, 11:30 AM
If keeping Snyder's assistants was the sticking point for Littrell, that would worry me if I was a target of KSU. I might be willing to keep a few position coaches, but any head coach worth his salt would draw the line at coordinators. Every head coach should be able to implement his schemes and put people in place to run those schemes.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Right, but if a kid is good enough to be getting offers from multiple MVFC teams...well...we don't win that recruiting battle very often. Very few of the guys who actually commit to Western have any other DI offers. Sometimes we can turn those guys into great players (Sean McGuire only had 1 DI offer out of HS), but it's kinda starting from a disadvantaged position as compared to teams like NDSU who can often win recruiting battles with G5 schools.You could always ask your school to secede from Illinois and go to a state that has funding? :D

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2018, 11:43 AM
You could always ask your school to secede from Illinois and go to a state that has funding? :D

What? Iowa? :D lol funding joke.....I'm gonna go hide.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 11:43 AM
You could always ask your school to secede from Illinois and go to a state that has funding? :D

could you draw up the paperwork?

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Not all G5 are equal. Places like Boise St and UCF are without a doubt higher. Wyoming isn't. NDSU, JMU, and Harvard have hosted Gameday recently, Wyoming never has. They had 1 home game on ESPNnews, otherwise ESPN was there for the other team. That's like saying Delaware St had Gameday when they played us.

It is.

CappinHard
December 10th, 2018, 11:52 AM
That’s a reach IMO. It’s always a question for recruits and I think most recruits realize that even if a coach says “I will be here” what it really means is “I’ll be here unless I get a better offer”. It might cause a minor hiccup but I doubt that it would cause some large dissension in their recruits.

Probably a reach, but I would even be good with a minor hiccup.

You really are enjoying this aren't you?xlolx

Lol, just a little.

I would be more worried as an SDSU recruit because who knows how many Joose related busts Stig incurs prior to next season and had to coach from the Pen in SF, sorry, I know this bit is old but I haven't used it yet so I figured I would get it out of the way.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think the Joose thing was a stunt to help Stig relate to young kids. He's getting up there in age, he needed a cool factor. xdrunkyx

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 11:57 AM
could you draw up the paperwork?We the people of Forgotonia petition the State of Illinois to release us from this undue burden of corruption plaguing our people and demand the immediate secession so that we may be free from your incessant bull**** and therefore be able to achieve the peace that made Forgotonia great. In doing so, we petition nearby territories to join us on this endeavor. #MakeForgotoniaGreatAgain

Bisonator
December 10th, 2018, 12:01 PM

Too bad you opened your pie hole and proved how stupid you are, that massive advantage we have over P5 schools like Iowa and Iowa State???? Had nothing to do with coaching apparently.

gofurman
December 10th, 2018, 12:08 PM
So is he officially gone?

Or still just a maybe?

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 12:11 PM

Or still just a maybe?
Yes :D

centennial
December 10th, 2018, 12:13 PM

Or still just a maybe?

Front runner is looking like the Troy coach according to Football scoop. Let's see if this happens.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 12:16 PM

Or still just a maybe?
Firm "maybe"
http://footballscoop.com/news/monday-morning-update-kansas-state-search/

Daytripper
December 10th, 2018, 12:26 PM
Front runner is looking like the Troy coach according to Football scoop. Let's see if this happens.

Would Klieman take the Troy job if Brown is the KSU hire?

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Too bad you opened your pie hole and proved how stupid you are, that massive advantage we have over P5 schools like Iowa and Iowa State???? Had nothing to do with coaching apparently.

You're right. Let's wait to have this same conversation in 4-5 years when the next NDSU coach is doing the same thing the two previous coaches did.
If you could get through your needledick hatred for UND you would see my point. This isn't Wyoming we are discussing, where coincidentally, Bohl hasn't pissed a drop in five years since leaving NDSU.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Doubt he'd even be in consideration. He has no contacts there. That would be the definition of a lateral move.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2018, 12:34 PM
You're right. Let's wait to have this same conversation in 4-5 years when the next NDSU coach is doing the same thing the two previous coaches did.
If you could get through your needledick hatred for UND you would see my point. This isn't Wyoming we are discussing, where coincidentally, Bohl hasn't pissed a drop in five years since leaving NDSU.
Exactly so why are you even bringing it up in a discussion with Klieman and KSU? Do you think Wyoming is on the same level as Kansas State? The more you blab the stupider you sound.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Doubt he'd even be in consideration. He has no contacts there. That would be the definition of a lateral move.

same money at an FCS school would be lateral. Troy wouldnt be lateral. It probably wouldnt be a great move though.

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Exactly so why are you even bringing it up in a discussion with Klieman and KSU? Do you think Wyoming is on the same level as Kansas State? The more you blab the stupider you sound.

Wut? Am I from Jupider?

Bisonator
December 10th, 2018, 12:45 PM
So tell us Einstein what's this massive built in advantage we have over P5 schools like Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Kansas State, etc.?

clenz
December 10th, 2018, 12:59 PM
I doubt Troy.

Memphis would be an interesting look for him to get though.

That would be a near ideal G5 job for him to land a P5 job in 3 years at 54.

He's at the age where he's running out of time to be a first time P5 head coach.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Probably a reach, but I would even be good with a minor hiccup.

Lol, just a little.

You're kidding yourself if you don't think the Joose thing was a stunt to help Stig relate to young kids. He's getting up there in age, he needed a cool factor. xdrunkyxI never thought about that, it is genius.

Green1
December 10th, 2018, 01:58 PM

So let's follow the logic here.

1. Klieman hasn't proven to be a good coach at NDSU because anyone can do it due to NDSU's unmentionable advantage.

2. Klieman won't succeed at Kansas St. because Craig Bohl hasn't won FBS championships at Wyoming.

#F'hawktardlogic

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Does anyone think the fact that Memphis lost their OC and DC in the last 48 hours that Mike Norvell might be back in play at K-State?

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Does anyone think the fact that Memphis lost their OC and DC in the last 48 hours that Mike Norvell might be back in play at K-State?

Dude at this point I have no idea anymore - I know what I've been told from people I trust. We're in holding patterns.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Apparently he just tweeted out he's not going anywhere: http://footballscoop.com/news/monday-morning-update-kansas-state-search/

Seems to by down to Troy's Neal Brown or Klieman at this point.

jacksfan29
December 10th, 2018, 03:39 PM
So let's follow the logic here.

1. Klieman hasn't proven to be a good coach at NDSU because anyone can do it due to NDSU's unmentionable advantage.

2. Klieman won't succeed at Kansas St. because Craig Bohl hasn't won FBS championships at Wyoming.

#F'hawktardlogic

I think it was Trevor Gebhart who had a Tweet this weekend showing how the success at NDSU turned around from one year to the next at the arrival of Klieman. When Bohl brought him on the program took off. Almost all the Bison success can be tied to him. Anyone saying Klieman is not ready for a P5 job is crazy.

KSU would be crazy not to hire him.

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Apparently he just tweeted out he's not going anywhere: http://footballscoop.com/news/monday-morning-update-kansas-state-search/

Seems to by down to Troy's Neal Brown or Klieman at this point.

Basically it's going to come down to this: Who wins and gets their choice. The boosters and board of regents with Brown, or Gene Taylor and Chris Klieman?

Daytripper
I think it was Trevor Gebhart who had a Tweet this weekend showing how the success at NDSU turned around from one year to the next at the arrival of Klieman. When Bohl brought him on the program took off. Almost all the Bison success can be tied to him. Anyone saying Klieman is not ready for a P5 job is crazy.

Well, if KSU doesn't hire him, somebody else will make him an offer.

Laker
Dennis Dodd‏Verified account @dennisdoddcbs (https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs) 5m5 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1072244758020542464)More

With Mike Norvell out of the picture, it appears it's down to Neal Brown and Chris Klieman at Kansas State unless there is a mystery candidate. Hearing Brown interviewed a week ago. Klieman said publicly he interviewed Thursday.

Green1
December 10th, 2018, 03:49 PM

I would love to have Klieman as NDSU's coach for the next twenty years but I am a realist and recognize that NDSU is not the final destination for him. He is a talented individual and this attracts employers who value those talents.

Green1
December 10th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Basically it's going to come down to this: Who wins and gets their choice. The boosters and board of regents with Brown, or Gene Taylor and Chris Klieman?

Is the difference simply the FBS vs FCS tags on the coaches? If so, seems like a stupid way to make a choice.

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Is the difference simply the FBS vs FCS tags on the coaches? If so, seems like a stupid way to make a choice.

P5 boosters man. What else can we say? They care about labels.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 03:53 PM
No, the difference if the optics amongst the K-State boosters/supporters. They don't see Klieman as a wildly successful coach like Taylor does, they see him as a coach who has no FBS experience and they don't care how successful he's been since it hasn't been at the FBS level.

Hopefully they get their way. :D

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 04:17 PM
This would definitely be working against Klieman (and Taylor for that matter):

https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/1072253300991508481

Even if Klieman gets it at this point he's going to be "working from behind" both in terms of the fan base and the legend in the profession he's following it seems.

That said I'd still do it if someone was going to triple to quadruple my salary.

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 04:20 PM
This would definitely be working against Klieman (and Taylor for that matter):

https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/status/1072253300991508481

Even if Klieman gets it at this point he's going to be "working from behind" both in terms of the fan base and the legend in the profession he's following it seems.

That said I'd still do it if someone was going to triple to quadruple my salary.

Obviously.

RabidRabbit
December 10th, 2018, 04:41 PM
It’ll be rabid rabbit and his 8 or 9 buddies that came to our joint watch party ....hey that’s a good idea - another DFW watch party?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIn Aruba on Friday. I'll be up late cheering Rabbits to that illusive win over Bison from pool bar

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Wut? Am I from Jupider?No...but you're talking out Uranus.

And it's Jupiter...with a "t".https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181210/6a9bb35fe5d6228bbaf90911c58c0d3b.gif

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 10th, 2018, 05:10 PM
In Aruba on Friday. I'll be up late cheering Rabbits to that illusive win over Bison from pool bar

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I conversed with Jeff, your bunny buddy that put it together and he is on the hook for a Christmas Party that night so its a no-go.

Otherwise, WTF vacation during playoffs? Do that on your own time. You could have vacationed anytime after December 15th until September without having to worry about missing a jackrabbit game....

clenz
December 10th, 2018, 06:00 PM
Who did anyone doubt what those posters who are connected were saying....?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2018, 06:06 PM
Sounds like Klieman is gonna get offered tonight per Twitter. Wowsas

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Who did anyone doubt what those posters who are connected were saying....?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkIt's like we don't have sources or something....

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2018, 06:17 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kmbc.com/amp/article/reports-k-state-hires-chris-klieman-to-replace-bill-snyder/25463279

So it’s official, reportedly.

JSUSoutherner
December 10th, 2018, 06:22 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kmbc.com/amp/article/reports-k-state-hires-chris-klieman-to-replace-bill-snyder/25463279

So it’s official, reportedly.

Shocked, truly. xcoffeex

AggieFinn
December 10th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Ahhh, Hate Week.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Lateral move

clenz
December 10th, 2018, 06:35 PM
It's like we don't have sources or something....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkI love playing this game on panther nation when a select few posters "break" news and the same people still doubt them

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2018, 06:36 PM
K State is getting a great coach and I wish him the best. AD Larson needs to have S&C coach Kramer on lockdown. If DC Entz isn't taking the HC job, I'd be good with Gus Bradley or Vigen.

#justsaynotoPolesek

Bisonator
December 10th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Congrats to Chris! Wish him nothing but the best. Great coach, better person.

Schism55
December 10th, 2018, 06:43 PM
I strongly suspected this was going to happen, but still a punch in the gut when you see the dried fine print.
I'll feel better about this if DC Entz and S&C coach Kramer stay.
Nothing but love and well wishes for Chris on his road to Manhattan KS now.

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 06:51 PM
I love playing this game on panther nation when a select few posters "break" news and the same people still doubt them

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkNow I can say a little bit more: Gene Taylor (K State AD) and Matt Larson (NDSU AD) have been talking to each other throughout this process.

Pretty much this entire orchestration has been happening with both of them in cahoots. So everyone thinking this will throw a wrench in the playoff run will be disappointed to hear that.

This locker room is ready to rock and roll and NDSU has been working on a new coaching hire for a few days at this point.

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2018, 06:53 PM
My theory is that NDSU will announce their new Head Coach soon, and his name is........
Dave Richman.

Thunderstruck
December 10th, 2018, 06:54 PM
ESPN story states

"It's unknown whether Klieman will continue to be with the Bison if they advance to the national championship on Jan. 5."

NDSU already have it's new coach?

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 06:57 PM
Ahhh, Hate Week.

That's an understatement.

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 07:06 PM
ESPN story states

"It's unknown whether Klieman will continue to be with the Bison if they advance to the national championship on Jan. 5."

NDSU already have it's new coach?ESPN is wrong.

Klieman is here until the end.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 07:15 PM
Congrats to Coach K. I hope he brings Bison style football to the Big 12. They won’t know what hit them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2018, 07:17 PM
Congrats to Coach Know man.

K State is getting a very good coach.

Good luck!

Thunderstruck
December 10th, 2018, 07:24 PM
ESPN is wrong.

Klieman is here until the end.

Hope you're right. Will be great hearing the crowd chant "Thank you Klieman!" as the seconds tick down on his 4th title.
However, its major recruiting time isnt it?

Drblankstare
December 10th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Gene Taylor has got some clackers I’ll give him that. He hired his guy. Nothing but best wishes to Coach K, hell of a guy.

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 07:30 PM
Hope you're right. Will be great hearing the crowd chant "Thank you Klieman!" as the seconds tick down on his 4th title.
However, its major recruiting time isnt it?Go ****ing check Twitter or listen to Coach Klieman on his radio show right ****ing now lol

He confirmed it.

Bison56
December 10th, 2018, 07:32 PM
However, its major recruiting time isnt it?

Coach said it himself, he will be here until the end.

Drblankstare
December 10th, 2018, 07:34 PM
Now we wait to see who is staying and who is going with

Thunderstruck
December 10th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Hope they allow Coach to do things they way he wants to and not how Synder wants him to.

BisonTru
December 10th, 2018, 07:46 PM
https://twitter.com/KStateFB/status/1072294914791100416

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 10th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Congrats Klieman on the K-State gig! Always pulled for the Wildcats going back to the early 90's. With Les Miles in state it won't be easy but I think you can still have solid success there. The hoops program has been able to maintain what Huggins rebuilt in a year about a decade ago.

This is another good test for NDSU. If the FCS competition can't challenge them, FBS coach poaching is a solid adversary.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Happy for Coach, he deserves an opportunity like this. He's handled himself with class from day 1 in Fargo and that has continued through this process despite the poor timing. I wish him nothing but the best at K-State.

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2018, 08:06 PM
At least SDSU will be the team to end the Klieman era at NDSU on Friday.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2018, 08:10 PM
SDSU will be a sacrificial lamb on Friday night. Wrong place at the wrong time...

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 08:11 PM
Coach carried himself with class both on and off the field. He will be greatly missed in Fargo and I hope he takes the Big 12 by storm.

Thunderstruck
December 10th, 2018, 08:13 PM

TC may have more turnovers Friday than last years semifinal game!

Schism55
December 10th, 2018, 08:16 PM
SDSU will be a sacrificial lamb on Friday night. Wrong place at the wrong time...
^Soo much this. Not as if the Bison weren't already set on kill, lil extra juice to send coach out on top is bad juju for the rabbits.

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Rabbits should be shaking right now and probably pissed off at K State for giving the NDSU team an extra spark that they probably didn't even need.

clenz
December 10th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Rabbits should be shaking right now and probably pissed off at K State for giving the NDSU team an extra spark that they probably didn't even need.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkBut...

Hear me out

You claim the coaches don't matter at all at ndsu.

Given that

Why would their be extra motivation?

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2018, 08:33 PM
But...

Hear me out

You claim the coaches don't matter at all at ndsu.

Given that

Why would their be extra motivation?

No matter....the Jacks are gonna win.....even before this.

nickp
December 10th, 2018, 08:37 PM
If you told me 10 years ago that NDSU was going to beat K-State and Chris Klieman would replace Bill Snyder as their head coach

NDSU1980
K State is getting a great coach and I wish him the best. AD Larson needs to have S&C coach Kramer on lockdown. If DC Entz isn't taking the HC job, I'd be good with Gus Bradley or Vigen.

#justsaynotoPolesek

No way Gus Bradley comes back. He's in the NFL for good, even if it's not a HC.

BisonTru
Some interesting details on the KState assistants....

Their offensive coordinator has a base salary guaranteed contract thru 2021.

Their defensive coordinator is owed one year of base salary if terminated without cause.

Many other position coaches have a one year guarantee similar to the defensive coordinator.

Sources:
https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...196890814.html (https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article196890814.html)

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...201399879.html (https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article201399879.html)

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 08:43 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25503179/kansas-state-hires-north-dakota-state-chris-klieman-head-coach

Nice article from ESPN

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2018, 08:48 PM
NDSU fans are going to **** themselves when the school goes outside for the new hire.

katss07
December 10th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Thanks for not running up the score Klieman. Y’all could’ve named the score. We all know that. Hope the next coach shows mercy as well.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 08:51 PM
NDSU fans are going to **** themselves when the school goes outside for the new hire.

If it is Curt Mallory, I doubt it as most would welcome someone who runs a similar program.

Now if they go all Farley on us, **** could get out of control fast.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 08:52 PM
I would be OK with that provided they don't in some douchebag that goes to a spread offense or some other lame crap, I might be forced to storm the field.

neverobeyed
December 10th, 2018, 08:53 PM
Some interesting details on the KState assistants....

Their offensive coordinator has a base salary guaranteed contract thru 2021.

Their defensive coordinator is owed one year of base salary if terminated without cause.

Many other position coaches have a one year guarantee similar to the defensive coordinator.

Sources:
https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...196890814.html (https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article196890814.html)

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...201399879.html (https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article201399879.html)

Ish ... that's just bad management.

No matter, in good hands with Chris. K-State is very fortunate.

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2018, 08:59 PM
I would be OK with that provided they don't in some douchebag that goes to a spread offense or some other lame crap, I might be forced to storm the field.

Look out. xlolx

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2018, 08:59 PM
No way Gus Bradley comes back. He's in the NFL for good, even if it's not a HC.A guy can dream...

No comment on the other 3 names, I see.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 09:04 PM

Ending two FCS coaching legends FCS careers will be something else.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 09:08 PM
Ending two FCS coaching legends FCS careers will be something else.

I thought you all lost to Mike Houston last year?

dewey
December 10th, 2018, 09:12 PM
I hope current defensive coordinator Matt Entz is announced as new head coach tomorrow.

From BisonTru's post hopefully Messingham stays as well along with QB coach Hedberg.

Congratulations to coach Klieman and good luck in Manhattan but first win the National Championship before you leave.

Thank you Coach Klieman for all that you have done for North Dakota State University football.

Dewey

citdog
December 10th, 2018, 09:13 PM
The best job in all of college football is open. Can't wait to see the list of applicants.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 09:13 PM
I thought you all lost to Mike Houston last year?

Nova.....Talley. Houston wasn’t a legend come on now.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 09:14 PM

https://i.giphy.com/media/jXD7kFLwudbBC/giphy.webp

I thought you of all people would pick up on that sarcasm.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 09:14 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYea, you guys really showed 'Nova.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 09:15 PM
Yea, you guys really showed 'Nova.

If we show you guys just like we did then I will be perfectly happy.

citdog
December 10th, 2018, 09:17 PM

Mike Ayers

cx500d
December 10th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Rocky Hager

Bisonoline
December 10th, 2018, 09:20 PM
The best job in all of college football is open. Can't wait to see the list of applicants.

The head coaching job is being decided as we speak. IMO

clenz
December 10th, 2018, 09:20 PM
I hope current defensive coordinator Matt Entz is announced as new head coach tomorrow.

From BisonTru's post hopefully Messingham stays as well along with QB coach Hedberg.

Congratulations to coach Klieman and good luck in Manhattan but first win the National Championship before you leave.

Thank you Coach Klieman for all that you have done for North Dakota State University football.

Dewey

I'm going to guess - for my own reasons - you keep, at most, 1 of those three names.

citdog
December 10th, 2018, 09:22 PM
The head coaching job is being decided as we speak. IMO

Is that legal? NDSU is a State funded institution. Doesn't any job opening have to be filled after advertising it etc??

BisonTru
December 10th, 2018, 09:23 PM
I'm going to guess - for my own reasons - you keep, at most, 1 of those three names.

I'll take the over.

Lorne_Malvo
December 10th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Uggggg.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuGMGO1VYAEu29r.jpg

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 09:29 PM
The head coaching job is being decided as we speak. IMOLiterally as we're reading this. I'd agree, my friend.

Bisonoline
December 10th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Is that legal? NDSU is a State funded institution. Doesn't any job opening have to be filled after advertising it etc??

Klieman was offered after Bohl.

Thunderstruck
December 10th, 2018, 09:34 PM
Hoping they have Kramer on lock down...

clenz
December 10th, 2018, 09:35 PM
I'll take the over.🤷🏿*♂️

I just know what I've heard from the Waterloo area

footballer23
December 10th, 2018, 09:37 PM
^^^^THIS^^^^^

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2018, 09:43 PM
^^^^THIS^^^^^I'm betting he's staying.

Winterborn
December 10th, 2018, 09:55 PM

I agree. Just based on how long the staff has stuck together, I have a feeling that we will be looking at more than a few new faces.

TheKingpin28
December 10th, 2018, 10:00 PM
I'm betting he's staying.

Pay the man whatever he wants. We can't afford to lose him.

dewey
December 10th, 2018, 10:09 PM

Kramer has young kids in the Fargo Moorhead area and that is why he stays at NDSU instead of going other places. Or that is what I read somewhere.

Dewey

Thunderstruck
December 10th, 2018, 10:12 PM
Kramer has young kids in the Fargo Moorhead area and that is why he stays at NDSU instead of going other places. Or that is what I read somewhere.

Dewey

Too young for NDSU to make an offer to keep him longer? :)

NDSU Fan
December 10th, 2018, 10:25 PM

Dewey

Two young kids that live with their mother?

dewey
December 10th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Two young kids that live with their mother?IIRC yes. I may be wrong so don't assume I am completely right.

Dewey

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 10:42 PM

klieman to KState and Saban to the NFL all in the same day?

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2018, 10:44 PM
If it is Curt Mallory, I doubt it as most would welcome someone who runs a similar program.

Now if they go all Farley on us, **** could get out of control fast.

Enough of that talk

dewey
December 10th, 2018, 10:48 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum...well basically it is a compilation of numerous Tweets from former NDSU players, current player and some Kansas State folks.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/931544-Wentz-among-those-to-react-on-Twitter-to-Bison-head-coach-Klieman-getting-the-Kansas-State-job

Here is another article from former Bison runningback Chase Morlock and along with former Bison great punter Ben LeCompte on their thoughts on coach Klieman leaving.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/931639-Emotional-Morlock-among-former-Bison-excited-for-Klieman-getting-Kansas-State-job#.XA821oHZN_1.twitter

The Fargodome is going to be louder Friday than ever.

Friday the Jackrabbits are going to get destroyed.

Dewey

JacksFan40
December 10th, 2018, 11:12 PM
SDSU might be in the hunt for a new HC after this season as well.
I’ve heard from some guys close to the program that their is a growing movement to oust Stieg, again it’s all rumous, I doubt it’s true. But if SDSU wins the title, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Stieg go out on a high note. If we have a repeat of JMU on Friday, expect all hell to break loose in Brookings over Stieg.

cx500d
December 10th, 2018, 11:29 PM
I’ve heard from some guys close to the program that their is a growing movement to oust Stieg, again it’s all rumous, I doubt it’s true. But if SDSU wins the title, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Stieg go out on a high note. If we have a repeat of JMU on Friday, expect all hell to break loose in Brookings over Stieg.

I'm going to short Joose futures

BisonTru
December 10th, 2018, 11:45 PM
I'm going to short Joose futures

What? Get long my friend. Win or lose they still have to go home and take care of those cheerleaders. You wanna do that sober?

NDSUtk
December 11th, 2018, 07:04 AM
It's interesting to think that KState now has 3 folks from NDSU in their Athletics leadership. Many may not recall, but KState first took NDSU's head women's track coach (Ryun Godfrey) back in 2014ish. Then Gene Taylor, and now Coach Klieman.

That's one vote we should be able to get to go to the Big 12... Jk

Derby City Duke
December 11th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Congratulations and good luck to Coach Klieman -- heckuva run in Fargo!

He will succeed -- sooner rather than later if the AD can keep the Ghost of Wildcat Past's fingerprints off the football program.

dewey
December 11th, 2018, 07:27 AM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about how Klieman earned the new job at Kansas State.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/931554-McFeely-Taylor-delivers-an-opportunity-Klieman-deserves

Now let's beat SDSU and win the National Championship.

Dewey

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2018, 08:47 AM
the coaching change will not have a positive effect on this week's game. The #1 team (by a long way) in the country should not need a sentimental incentive to play a semi-final game. I suspect it will have no effect at all rather than a negative effect. Im seeing a lot of your high profile recruits adding KState to their list of potential schools

(made you look:D)

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Sounds like Kramer is staying according to Bisonville and The Forum Sucks

POD Knows
December 11th, 2018, 09:10 AM
the coaching change will not have a positive effect on this week's game. The #1 team (by a long way) in the country should not need a sentimental incentive to play a semi-final game. I suspect it will have no effect at all rather than a negative effect. Im seeing a lot of your high profile recruits adding KState to their list of potential schools

(made you look:D)Damn it, stop doing that.

Green1
December 11th, 2018, 09:20 AM

(made you look:D)

Heard that your head coach is in the running to become the next Bison head coach.

(Back at you :D)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2018, 09:24 AM

Good.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Heard that your head coach is in the running to become the next Bison head coach.

(Back at you :D)

Damn You!!!
he did coach with Bohl at Wyoming.

A comparable conspiracy theory on our board is that if he is successful next year IU will dump Tom Allen and hire him. You might notice he has a small connection to IU.

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Good.He's one of the main keys to all of this

gsf23nd
December 11th, 2018, 10:55 AM

I'd be more worried about losing Kramer that I would losing any other coach, head coach included.

srgrizizen
December 11th, 2018, 02:45 PM
I don't think the Bison are going to suddenly be mediocre. But even just not making it to Frisco ever year would feel like losing to NDSU fans.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2018, 02:53 PM
I don't think the Bison are going to suddenly be mediocre. But even just not making it to Frisco ever year would feel like losing to NDSU fans.
I was ranting about it here and on Bisonville most of the week leading up to the Colgate game but we needed a good kick in the ass as a fan base. Depending on how quickly and well the succession plan can get moving we may or may not see much of a drop-off but at least this adds a little spice into the offseason. This NDSU team will have a major overhaul next year with new faces on the field and on the sidelines. Expecting it to go as smoothly as it did in the 2014 offseason is probably pretty naïve but that unknown actually brings a certain level of interest back to NDSU football amongst our fan base I think.

clenz
December 11th, 2018, 02:59 PM
FWIW

Maybe it's Entz

Until he's announced (maybe he is) I'm standing by what I said

Entz and Messingham are also gone

Specific people have their own sources. I don't doubt anyone else has sources they believe. I believe I have one that is pretty damn close.

CappinHard
December 11th, 2018, 03:39 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2oqizg.jpg

ST_Lawson
December 11th, 2018, 03:49 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2oqizg.jpg

There might be a little overlap in the recruits, but for the most part, I doubt that the guys that NDSU is recruiting are also K-State recruits, unless they're getting PWO offers's for K-State. I know that NDSU has beat out P5 schools for recruits in the past, but I think that's a fairly rare occurrence. MAC and Mountain West schools...sure.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2018, 04:01 PM
There might be a little overlap in the recruits, but for the most part, I doubt that the guys that NDSU is recruiting are also K-State recruits, unless they're getting PWO offers's for K-State. I know that NDSU has beat out P5 schools for recruits in the past, but I think that's a fairly rare occurrence. MAC and Mountain West schools...sure.
NDSU has one verbal that had a K-State offer (he verballed way back in early June). Coincidentally he also happens to be visiting this weekend which has some a bit skittish. However, he apparently has reaffirmed his commitment and is already scheduled to be on a signing day podcast that NDSU's beat writers are doing next Wednesday so I'm cautiously optimistic that NDSU holds onto him.

CappinHard
December 11th, 2018, 04:06 PM

I was mostly referring to Luke Weerts. Regardless, let's not act like I needed any factual evidence to post something like that, so take it with a grain of salt... or a lot of salt. :D

ST_Lawson
December 11th, 2018, 04:07 PM
NDSU has one verbal that had a K-State offer (he verballed way back in early June). Coincidentally he also happens to be visiting this weekend which has some a bit skittish. However, he apparently has reaffirmed his commitment and is already scheduled to be on a signing day podcast that NDSU's beat writers are doing next Wednesday so I'm cautiously optimistic that NDSU holds onto him.

Right...so maybe one guy this year. It's probably a better situation than when Bohl went to Wyoming, since I'd bet there was quite a bit more overlap with recruits getting offers from Wyoming and NDSU...it's a similar "level" of player generally. Also not as bad as when a coach goes to another school in the same division or conference, like if JMU ends up taking Maine's coach, or Rocco going from Richmond to Delaware a few years back. You get a lot of recruits jumping ship for the new school when that happens.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Right...so maybe one guy this year. It's probably a better situation than when Bohl went to Wyoming, since I'd bet there was quite a bit more overlap with recruits getting offers from Wyoming and NDSU...it's a similar "level" of player generally. Also not as bad as when a coach goes to another school in the same division or conference, like if JMU ends up taking Maine's coach, or Rocco going from Richmond to Delaware a few years back. You get a lot of recruits jumping ship for the new school when that happens.
Yeah there is no question this is a much better situation then the Bohl to Wyo one. Night and day for many reasons.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Yeah there is no question this is a much better situation then the Bohl to Wyo one. Night and day for many reasons.
Only downside is it has to be a lot more attractive for the assistants to follow Klieman to K-State than it was for them to follow Bohl to Wyoming. It sounds like *knockonwood* they will be able to retain a few coaches though so if they can do as good or better as they did when retaining 3 coaches when Bohl left this will work out about as good as it could've to this point given the unfortunate timing.

Lorne_Malvo
December 11th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Hank Jacobs (NDSU Director of Football Operations) is going with CK.

NDSUtk
December 11th, 2018, 09:54 PM
Interestingly the OC makes less ($440k) than the QB and the offensive line coach ($480k) at KState.

Either way, that's more than any position at NDSU except head coach makes. Going to be tough to retain the Bison coaches with that kind of cash.

Schism55
December 11th, 2018, 10:31 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1072671896263630848
https://twitter.com/KStateFB/status/1072702298755878912

POD Knows
December 12th, 2018, 10:46 AM
https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/932412-WATCH-ESPN-asks-whats-the-better-job-NDSU-or-K-State?fbclid=IwAR1MDVNlVuwsF3Ou5aKCN1cbGSPEgtBrh0q 0Fyy8DUI_HQ8Ah8SBxtosETc#.XBEXPLusBHg.facebook

Nice deal from ESPN on the Klieman deal

mango433
December 12th, 2018, 10:54 AM

Stig just signed a 5 year extension...

Sycamore62
December 12th, 2018, 11:10 AM
If I were the NDSU AD, Id want to be getting my new coach in place asap. Its nice to let Coach K stick around but with the new early signing period i think they need to get a coach in place. Or at least leak some rumors

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Stig just signed a 5 year extension...Hahahahaha. He is likely leaving next year. How am I going to get my Joose fix?

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 11:11 AM
If I were the NDSU AD, Id want to be getting my new coach in place asap. Its nice to let Coach K stick around but with the new early signing period i think they need to get a coach in place. Or at least leak some rumorsSounds like Saturday they will announce based off of Bisonville, but don't want to distraction of naming a new coach until after the game on Friday. This is one of those times where I appreciate Bisonville.

SoDakSA
December 12th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Sounds like Saturday they will announce based off of Bisonville, but don't want to distraction of naming a new coach until after the game on Friday. This is one of those times where I appreciate Bisonville.

Not really a distraction if you are just handing the keys to someone already on the staff. Has there been any rumblings of any staff he is taking with him?

Sycamore62
December 12th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Not really a distraction if you are just handing the keys to someone already on the staff. Has there been any rumblings of any staff he is taking with him?

Id bet everyone except the guy who gets promoted to coordinator on the side of the ball that the HC coached this year

mango433
December 12th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Hahahahaha. He is likely leaving next year. How am I going to get my Joose fix?

Guess I should let Justin Sell know that. Didn't realize you were so dialed into Stig's retirement plans.

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 12:16 PM
Not really a distraction if you are just handing the keys to someone already on the staff. Has there been any rumblings of any staff he is taking with him?I'm not sure as the people I know, are no longer playing/working at NDSU but the consensus is that keeping a combination of Reilly, Entz, Messingham, Roehl, and Kramer is essential.

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 12:18 PM
Guess I should let Justin Sell know that. Didn't realize you were so dialed into Stig's retirement plans.I'm always concerned about our little brother. I just want to make sure the continuity remains as I enjoy it when SDSU is good enough to compete for a Title but bad enough to lose to the Bison.

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2018, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure as the people I know, are no longer playing/working at NDSU but the consensus is that keeping a combination of Reilly, Entz, Messingham, Roehl, and Kramer is essential.

Entz was on local radio today and said flat out that he has interest in the HC position at NDSU and will be discussing it with NDSU AD Matt Larsen later this week (presumably this weekend after Friday's game). He doesn't have any previous head coaching experience but he's now been the DC at three difference MVFC schools in UNI (although we all know who the real DC is there), WIU, and NDSU while being associate HC at both WIU and NDSU. I think he's the most logical candidate so, based on what he said today, he could be named as the new HC as early as Saturday.

BisonBacker
December 12th, 2018, 02:02 PM
Id bet everyone except the guy who gets promoted to coordinator on the side of the ball that the HC coached this year
Nope. Sounds like several of the staff at Kstate will be retained. Helps with their recruiting as well doing that. The smart money is on Entz as the next head coach at NDSU!

BisonBacker
December 12th, 2018, 02:05 PM
I'm not sure as the people I know, are no longer playing/working at NDSU but the consensus is that keeping a combination of Reilly, Entz, Messingham, Roehl, and Kramer is essential.

That's the big one! Imperative that they keep him.

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Entz was on local radio today and said flat out that he has interest in the HC position at NDSU and will be discussing it with NDSU AD Matt Larsen later this week (presumably this weekend after Friday's game). He doesn't have any previous head coaching experience but he's now been the DC at three difference MVFC schools in UNI (although we all know who the real DC is there), WIU, and NDSU while being associate HC at both WIU and NDSU. I think he's the most logical candidate so, based on what he said today, he could be named as the new HC as early as Saturday.If its Entz, NDSU is in good hands. He would have my vote and Messingham would be 2nd. I've talked to him multiple times when he'd come to the NDSU Panda Express and him and Klieman came off as class acts always and always had a straight forward approach.

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 02:14 PM
That's the big one! Imperative that they keep him.Kramer is the man and as long as he is st NDSU, they will always be building the best athletes the FCS has to offer.

Hammersmith
December 12th, 2018, 03:22 PM

Sure it would be a distraction. Think of all the things that would have to happen in order to have an announcement this week. There would have to be some sort of interview. There goes an hour of Entz's time plus the same amount of time from whoever's on the selection committee. Then the selection committee would have to meet to discuss it. Then there would have to be a salary negotiation meeting between Larson, Entz and his lawyer, and other NDSU reps. That's at least an hour even if there's minimal negotiation to be done. Then drafting a press release. Then a press conference with Larson, Entz, maybe Klieman, probably some other coaches and players. There's two to three hours between prepping and the conference itself. Then Entz would need to be available to three or more radio stations and two or three TV stations plus 30-45 min on Bison 1660. There are only so many weekday hours during a game week, and this circus could easily take up 6-12 hours of Entz's time. And there are Bison fans freaking out that CK took a 15min phone call from KSU to accept their offer. Sheesh. It's so much better to just wait until after the game. If NDSU loses, the season is over and time is not a factor. NDSU wins, and there's a few weeks before Frisco.

Southern Bison
December 12th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Sure it would be a distraction. Think of all the things that would have to happen in order to have an announcement this week. There would have to be some sort of interview. There goes an hour of Entz's time plus the same amount of time from whoever's on the selection committee. Then the selection committee would have to meet to discuss it. Then there would have to be a salary negotiation meeting between Larson, Entz and his lawyer, and other NDSU reps. That's at least an hour even if there's minimal negotiation to be done. Then drafting a press release. Then a press conference with Larson, Entz, maybe Klieman, probably some other coaches and players. There's two to three hours between prepping and the conference itself. Then Entz would need to be available to three or more radio stations and two or three TV stations plus 30-45 min on Bison 1660. There are only so many weekday hours during a game week, and this circus could easily take up 6-12 hours of Entz's time. And there are Bison fans freaking out that CK took a 15min phone call from KSU to accept their offer. Sheesh. It's so much better to just wait until after the game. If NDSU loses, the season is over and time is not a factor. NDSU wins, and there's a few weeks before Frisco.It has to be finalized this week even if it's not announced until Saturday because we are now less than a week from Early Signing Day. AD Larson and new HC will let Klieman have Friday night to say goodbye to the Fargodome as our boys get ready for Frisco...but we find out shortly afterwards who's leading the boys in '19.

Southern Bison
December 12th, 2018, 03:29 PM
If its Entz, NDSU is in good hands. He would have my vote and Messingham would be 2nd. I've talked to him multiple times when he'd come to the NDSU Panda Express and him and Klieman came off as class acts always and always had a straight forward approach.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkOnly TheMunchkin28 could merge Bison football with quick-serve Kung Pao Chicken and flied lice...

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Only TheMunchkin28 could merge Bison football with quick-serve Kung Pao Chicken and flied lice...

That Kung-Pao Chicken knows how to Kung-Pao your colon.

dewey
December 12th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about Klieman's new contract with Kansas State.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/932758-Klieman-contract-worth-16.9-million-plus-perks-bonuses

Dewey

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about Klieman's new contract with Kansas State.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/932758-Klieman-contract-worth-16.9-million-plus-perks-bonuses

Dewey
Wow... hell of a gig if you can get it. :)

Derby City Duke
December 12th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Big #s in that contract! Congratulations again and good luck in the other Manhattan.

BisonTru
December 12th, 2018, 04:48 PM

Dewey

Given it’s pretty unlikely he gets fired in the first two years it’s about 11 million guaranteed.

IBleedYellow
December 12th, 2018, 05:08 PM
I guess you can go from FCS to P5.

You just have to 1: Coach for one of the greatest division 1 football dynasties of all time. 2. Be good friends with an AD of a P5.

cx500d
December 12th, 2018, 05:51 PM

You just have to 1: Coach for one of the greatest division 1 football dynasties of all time. 2. Be good friends with an AD of a P5.

Harbaugh goes from non-schollie, non-championship University of San Diego direct to Stanford....

ST_Lawson
December 12th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Harbaugh goes from non-schollie, non-championship University of San Diego direct to Stanford....

Name recognition probably helped with him, both in the coaching world and the football-playing world.

Sycamore62
December 12th, 2018, 06:55 PM

His brother going from Special teams coordinator to NFL head coach was more impressive. He probably perfected the swinging gate

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 07:20 PM
His brother going from Special teams coordinator to NFL head coach was more impressive. He probably perfected the swinging gateAnd he is doing everything he can to convince Baltimore to let him stay by playing Jackson over Flacco.

344Johnson
December 12th, 2018, 07:23 PM

Stanford was complete dog**** before Harbaugh. Frankly, they should rename the school after him.

Bisonator
December 12th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Entz was on local radio today and said flat out that he has interest in the HC position at NDSU and will be discussing it with NDSU AD Matt Larsen later this week (presumably this weekend after Friday's game). He doesn't have any previous head coaching experience but he's now been the DC at three difference MVFC schools in UNI (although we all know who the real DC is there), WIU, and NDSU while being associate HC at both WIU and NDSU. I think he's the most logical candidate so, based on what he said today, he could be named as the new HC as early as Saturday.
Hell yeah! Coach Entz takes over the wheel and I think several assistants will stay on as well. We will reload and not miss a beat. FCS is still owned by NDSU boys and girls!:D

BisonBacker
December 13th, 2018, 06:09 AM

Not taking anything away from Chris because he is a hell of a coach and I truly believe he deserves the chance he's earned it. Here's the "But" part of my comment though. I think any other FCS coach hypothetically with the same win loss record would never get a sniff even with that record without the #2 part in your comment. Had it not been for Gene Taylor and his previous knowledge/experience with Chris this would never have happened. Regardless I'm happy for Chris and sad to see him go but in the end any FCS coach of any school with that kind of success is not staying at that school they will move on to bigger challenges. Wouldn't want a coach who didn't want the challenge but then again without that desire I don't think any coach can get that kind of success.

On a side not here is a really interesting thread over on one of the KState forums where they are discussing the "Retirement" of Snyder and if it was something other than "retirement". I didn't know it but they (KState) paid Snyder 3 million after he retired because according to Taylor he deserved it for all he'd done for the university. Fans on that board are calling BS on that. Interesting thread and theory.

https://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=41171.0

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2018, 06:53 AM
As far as I'm concerned, pulling for Klieman to get NDSU #7 FCS title. The Kansas St aspect, I really don't care about. Best wishes to Klieman, I might glance at the standings and/or scores next year, but my focus is on Bison Football. Hope the next guy can replicate the last 8 years.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2018, 07:38 AM
Not taking anything away from Chris because he is a hell of a coach and I truly believe he deserves the chance he's earned it. Here's the "But" part of my comment though. I think any other FCS coach hypothetically with the same win loss record would never get a sniff even with that record without the #2 part in your comment. Had it not been for Gene Taylor and his previous knowledge/experience with Chris this would never have happened. Regardless I'm happy for Chris and sad to see him go but in the end any FCS coach of any school with that kind of success is not staying at that school they will move on to bigger challenges. Wouldn't want a coach who didn't want the challenge but then again without that desire I don't think any coach can get that kind of success.

On a side not here is a really interesting thread over on one of the KState forums where they are discussing the "Retirement" of Snyder and if it was something other than "retirement". I didn't know it but they (KState) paid Snyder 3 million after he retired because according to Taylor he deserved it for all he'd done for the university. Fans on that board are calling BS on that. Interesting thread and theory.

https://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?topic=41171.0
Yeah, I'd agree. It was pretty clear that Taylor had to fight some battles with his internal committee at K-State to get them on board with this hire. In Klieman's introductory press conference Taylor even referred to their conversation when he hired Klieman at NDSU about expectations of the job where Klieman told him he wasn't going to just win one championship, he was going to win multiple championships. It's clear that still resonated with Gene during this hiring process so if Klieman says something like "We're going to win a Big 12 title here" many of the folks outside of Taylor would just assume he's blowing smoke up their ass but Taylor, who's the guy who makes the final call, had the background to believe and go to bat for him with others in the room who may not have believed him.

So the stars kind of aligned for Klieman but, by all accounts, it couldn't have happened to a better guy and it's awesome that he and his family are now basically set for life financially.

FUBeAR
December 13th, 2018, 08:38 AM
So many errors and slanted statements in this well-disguised ‘hit piece’ from SI...

https://amp.si.com/college-football/2018/12/12/chris-klieman-mike-houston-fcs-fbs-head-coaches

FCS Head Coaches Who Land FBS Jobs Face New Problems at College Football's Highest Level

When did SI get so crappy?

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2018, 08:52 AM
So many errors and slanted statements in this well-disguised ‘hit piece’ from SI...

https://amp.si.com/college-football/2018/12/12/chris-klieman-mike-houston-fcs-fbs-head-coaches

FCS Head Coaches Who Land FBS Jobs Face New Problems at College Football's Highest Level

The insinuation that recruiting isn't a year round activity in the FCS is the most ridiculous thing from that article.

This reminds me a bit of the Carson Wentz phenomenon back during the pre and post draft days of 2016. So many people, who had no clue about FCS football, wrote and opined about how it's so difficult to make that jump it'll be much harder for him to succeed. Hopefully, just like Carson has done, Klieman proves those doubters wrong and can help dispel the myth that there's a massive divide between coaching abilities in the FCS and the FBS.

There are good coaches and bad coaches at every level of football. I wonder if all these people who think that coaching in the FCS is so much easier than the FBS have looked at Bo Pelini's record at Youngstown St compared to Nebraska?

SUPharmacist
December 13th, 2018, 09:07 AM
I wonder if all these people who think that coaching in the FCS is so much easier than the FBS have looked at Bo Pelini's record at Youngstown St compared to Nebraska?

I had never thought to look at examples going the opposite way. I don't know what sort of success he will have, but that is a good reminder that their is so much more going on than just FCS and FBS.

CappinHard
December 13th, 2018, 10:36 AM

It is definitely interesting how it seems like FBS thinks that there's just no way an FCS coach can make the jump, but in basketball, a mid major coach can make the jump to a lower P5 school and it's much more accepted. It seems different, because in basketball we're all D1, and in football there's D1-A and D1-AA, but it's not different at all imo.

Schism55
December 13th, 2018, 10:59 AM
https://twitter.com/HEROSportsHerd/status/1073258097286832129

citdog
December 13th, 2018, 11:00 AM

They have always been ****. Remember the Ruck Reilly hit piece on The Citadel?

Daytripper
December 13th, 2018, 11:03 AM
https://twitter.com/HEROSportsHerd/status/1073258097286832129

All terrible ideas. There's a guy down here in Texas named Todd Whitten....give him a look...:D

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2018, 11:32 AM
https://twitter.com/HEROSportsHerd/status/1073258097286832129If its Vigen, Bisonville will straight up riot. Larsen would be on the chopping block. While I'm not a big fan of Polasek, the man knows how to recruit and he would be a way better choice than Vigen. Vigen made his bed and now he needs to sleep in it. I think the consensus is Entz and he would be a great man to carry on the legacy and build his own.

BisonBacker
December 13th, 2018, 11:38 AM
If its Vigen, Bisonville will straight up riot. Larsen would be on the chopping block. While I'm not a big fan of Polasek, the man knows how to recruit and he would be a way better choice than Vigen. Vigen made his bed and now he needs to sleep in it. I think the consensus is Entz and he would be a great man to carry on the legacy and build his own.

I'd be fine with either Entz or Polasek in that order but not with Vigen.

JacksFan40
December 13th, 2018, 11:39 AM
The insinuation that recruiting isn't a year round activity in the FCS is the most ridiculous thing from that article.

This reminds me a bit of the Carson Wentz phenomenon back during the pre and post draft days of 2016. So many people, who had no clue about FCS football, wrote and opined about how it's so difficult to make that jump it'll be much harder for him to succeed. Hopefully, just like Carson has done, Klieman proves those doubters wrong and can help dispel the myth that there's a massive divide between coaching abilities in the FCS and the FBS.

There are good coaches and bad coaches at every level of football. I wonder if all these people who think that coaching in the FCS is so much easier than the FBS have looked at Bo Pelini's record at Youngstown St compared to Nebraska?
The Buffalo Bulls of the MAC hired former Wisconsin-Whitewater coach Lance Leipold straight out of D3. After a rocky start he has Buffalo at 10-3 and a bowl game against Troy. He’s now a top candidate for an FBS job.

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2018, 11:40 AM
I'd be fine with either Entz or Polasek in that order but not with Vigen.You wonder how much flack Larsen would get if he went with Vigen. I would be thrilled with Entz. He has the "it" factor like Klieman, the only difference I hope is that, if he gets the job, he runs the score up on those little brothers of the north next year when GFCC comes to visit.

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2018, 11:44 AM
You wonder how much flack Larsen would get if he went with Vigen. I would be thrilled with Entz. He has the "it" factor like Klieman, the only difference I hope is that, if he gets the job, he runs the score up on those little brothers of the north next year when GFCC comes to visit.

He'll get plenty of flack if he goes with Polasek as well. There's a decent chunk of fans that detest Polasek for some reason. Probably because the OC is always everyone's favorite punching bag and Polasek is the convenient scapegoat for what happened in 2016.

I would say Entz is pretty universally regarded as the best option amongst the fan base... much like Klieman was 5 years ago.

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2018, 11:48 AM
I've made my views clear on Polasek and I am not his biggest fan (believes in sticking to the gameplan, even if it doesn't work) but he would be infinitely times better than Vigen. I can't believe Sam actually thinks Vigen is in the top 3. He wouldn't even be in my top 5.

CappinHard
December 13th, 2018, 11:49 AM
If its Vigen, Bisonville will straight up riot. Larsen would be on the chopping block. While I'm not a big fan of Polasek, the man knows how to recruit and he would be a way better choice than Vigen. Vigen made his bed and now he needs to sleep in it. I think the consensus is Entz and he would be a great man to carry on the legacy and build his own.

You guys really want this goofy looking sob to be your head coach? It looks like his brain is about to explode when he tries to smile.

https://i1.wp.com/bisonmedia.areavoices.com/files/2018/12/entz.jpg?resize=1000%2C600&ssl=1

BisonBacker
December 13th, 2018, 11:50 AM
You wonder how much flack Larsen would get if he went with Vigen. I would be thrilled with Entz. He has the "it" factor like Klieman, the only difference I hope is that, if he gets the job, he runs the score up on those little brothers of the north next year when GFCC comes to visit.

xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2018, 11:54 AM
I've made my views clear on Polasek and I am not his biggest fan (believes in sticking to the gameplan, even if it doesn't work) but he would be infinitely times better than Vigen. I can't believe Sam actually thinks Vigen is in the top 3. He wouldn't even be in my top 5.

Polasek had his warts as an OC but I think he did pretty well considering that was his first experience calling plays ever. I'd agree that the biggest knock on him was he would get into dick-swinging contests too much with the "I don't care if your defense is geared to stop we're going to do it anyway" mentality. I think he'd be a good head coach... he'd definitely have some entertaining press conferences I'd imagine.

Also, those weren't Sam Herder's top 3 those were Football Scoop's top 3.

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2018, 11:55 AM
You guys really want this goofy looking sob to be your head coach? It looks like his brain is about to explode when he tries to smile.

As long as he doesn't get arrested for DUI during the off-season.

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2018, 11:58 AM

https://i1.wp.com/bisonmedia.areavoices.com/files/2018/12/entz.jpg?resize=1000%2C600&ssl=1Has more championships than SDSU has in their entire history. #suckit

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Polasek had his warts as an OC but I think he did pretty well considering that was his first experience calling plays ever. I'd agree that the biggest knock on him was he would get into dick-swinging contests too much with the "I don't care if your defense is geared to stop we're going to do it anyway" mentality. I think he'd be a good head coach... he'd definitely have some entertaining press conferences I'd imagine.

Also, those weren't Sam Herder's top 3 those were Football Scoop's top 3.Ah, saw he posted it and just went with it. If we are going for press conferences, give me Mike Leach 10/10.

Green1
December 13th, 2018, 12:01 PM

We aren't looking to date him. We are looking for a football coach.

CappinHard
December 13th, 2018, 12:03 PM
We aren't looking to date him. We are looking for a football coach.

Well, not date him, but I'm sure plenty of NDSU fans would be adding his picture to their spank bank along with the other NDSU greats.

BisonBacker
December 13th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Well here we go. KState just offered a kid who already had an offer from NDSU. xcoffeex

BisonBacker
December 13th, 2018, 12:08 PM
To follow up it looks like he already committed to Nebraska but had the NDSU offer. Should be interesting to see if there will be more offers to kids Kleiman and company already offered at NDSU.

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2018, 12:13 PM
Well here we go. KState just offered a kid who already had an offer from NDSU. xcoffeex

nevermind, saw the 2nd post.

POD Knows
December 13th, 2018, 12:24 PM

https://i1.wp.com/bisonmedia.areavoices.com/files/2018/12/entz.jpg?resize=1000%2C600&ssl=1Hey, we had Lex Luthor as the face of the program for years and still kicked your guy's asses.

CappinHard
December 13th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Hey, we had Lex Luthor as the face of the program for years and still licked your guy's asses.

Lol, I wasn't involved in AGS in Bohl's era, so I'm guessing that was a standing joke, but that's great.

Sycamore62
December 13th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Has more championships than SDSU has in their entire history. #suckit

So does Jerry Sandusky

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2018, 12:58 PM
So does Jerry Sandusky

Are you trying to compare Entz to a child molester? That is disgusting and wrong.

Sycamore62
December 13th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Are you trying to compare Entz to a child molester? That is disgusting and wrong.

it might be disgusting but it is factual

citdog
December 13th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Hey, we had Lex Luthor as the face of the program for years and still licked your guy's asses.

Syrup or jelly??

clenz
December 13th, 2018, 01:05 PM
To follow up it looks like he already committed to Nebraska but had the NDSU offer. Should be interesting to see if there will be more offers to kids Kleiman and company already offered at NDSU.Still breaking that contact clause and what not

Want to see ndsu actually try to enforce that