PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinal: #5 South Dakota State @ #4 Kennesaw State

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Theee Catrabbit
December 8th, 2018, 03:07 PM
Meh....we can't tip our hand for next week

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2018, 03:07 PM
Going to give KSU one more possession before I flip to the EWU game.

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Kennesaw is terrible right now.

ksu_owls
December 8th, 2018, 03:09 PM
after three possessions and three punts in the 3rd period, SDSU gets to the Owl 2 yard line......go backwards....settle for FG.

20-3 wabbits, 2:16 in the 3rd

Again, Burks being out is SDSU playing the second best team in the Big South. They’re playing against a limited playbook with a less talented QB. This sucks. Our defense is doing enough where this would have been a great game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Holy crap they completed a pass!!!

SoDakSA
KSU should have been doing that all game. Stubborn coaches costing their team

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 03:11 PM
KSU should have been doing that all game. Stubborn coaches costing their team

Backup qb has a better arm IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 03:13 PM
It’s about to get ugly for SDSU now. Here comes that southern speed.

SoDakSA
December 8th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Would love to see a non-conference game with these guys in Brookings.

Theee Catrabbit
December 8th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Well....that was ......something

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 03:15 PM
Told you.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2018, 03:16 PM
We got a ball game! KSU finally opened up the offense some! Option teams have to be able to throw a little. I'm watching Army sling it around a bit....

SoDakSA
Well....that was ......something

That's been there all game. They just hate to pass

dewey
Wide open touchdown for the Owls.

Dewey

Theee Catrabbit
December 8th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Yeah.....we do **** like that. Strong will have 70 yards to the house next play

- - - Updated - - -

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 03:18 PM

- - - Updated - - -

That’s why when everyone says SDSU’s defense is good I just shake my head.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Is Kennesaw's stadium an on-campus, university owned facility? It reminds me a bit of Hofstra's stadium.

Theee Catrabbit
Krockett being out today has not helped. Who is our DB coach? Brandon being out is not helpful

kdinva
Rabbits had to punt.........Kenny's ball, 10:56 to go.

SoDakSA
That’s why when everyone says SDSU’s defense is good I just shake my head.

SDSU's defense is good about 95% of the time. It's just that other 5% is usually especially terrifying

X-Factor
December 8th, 2018, 03:24 PM
KSU has been looking really bad on tackling. Seems to take 3+ defenders to take down a Jack player.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2018, 03:30 PM
WTH was this offense earlier?!?! This option team offense!!

kdinva
December 8th, 2018, 03:30 PM
34 yard run, 36 yard pass, ball on the Rabbit's 1.........rush TD

20-17; 6:42 to go.

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 03:31 PM
I called this comeback people

Theee Catrabbit
The good news here....as a Rabbits fan I am used to this ****

IBleedYellow
Rabbits ****ting bricks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bison56
Game on

SoDakSA
Man...ditch the option and good things happen. If only they had listened to all of us they would have been in this game the whole time

dewey
Uh oh! SDSU is in real danger now. 20-17 642 to go 4th quarter.

Dewey

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 03:32 PM
The good news here....as a Rabbits fan I am used to this ****
xlolx

NDSUtk
We got ourselves a game!

ksu_owls
34 yard run, 36 yard pass, ball on the Rabbit's 1.........rush TD

20-17; 6:42 to go.

Without the best offensive player on our team. Our defense can win this game. SDSU should consider themselves lucky Burks is hurt.

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 03:33 PM
SDSU is getting zero pressure on the QB and he is throwing some nice balls.

Dewey

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 03:34 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/17ea786ff1db1fd61935c3bbe3f7eaf1.jpg

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Its because KSU's helmets are yellow.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Without the best offensive player on our team. Our defense can win this game. SDSU should consider themselves lucky Burks is hurt.
FFS. the back up is playing better than the starter.

Bison56
3rd and long, here comes the swing pass.

Theee Catrabbit

I think your lucky you have a QB in there that's actually doing something....your starter was a turd

mmiller_34
Big first down. Whew.

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 03:37 PM
FFS. the back up is playing better than the starter.

Yeah, he’s a WAY better passer

Outsider1
December 8th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Glad KSU opening up and making a game of it, but not sure it will be enough: too little too late. SDSU already moving again.

FUBeAR
December 8th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Dang, KSU has some sweet sideline coats for their Players. I wonder how many FCS Teams in the Southeast have those?

I guess you gotta look hard for ways to spend the Activity Fees of 35,000+ students!

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Missed a huge hold on the bunnies on that run

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Give it to Pierre Strong. Come on.

- - - Updated - - -

Missed a huge hold on the bunnies on that run

We're allowed to hold. It written in the bylaws.

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 03:40 PM
KSU should have opened up the offense 2 quarters ago.

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 03:41 PM
3rd and long, here comes the swing pass.

Preach.

JimmyJack
December 8th, 2018, 03:41 PM
KSU should have opened up the offense 2 quarters ago.

Agreed. Backup QB is a solid passer.

JimmyJack
December 8th, 2018, 03:42 PM
Why don't you just hand the ball to Pierre Strong there?

Outsider1
December 8th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Game over.....

kdinva
December 8th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Wabbits counter with HUGE TD drive.........27-17

2:22 to go.

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 03:44 PM
TD RUN TC!

- - - Updated - - -

Its not over. Not with 2:22 minutes left and SDSU's defense.

Bison56
KSU is just plain terrible at tackling.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
SDSU's punches their ticket to Fargo.

Glad it turned out to be a competitive game. KSU played two quarters with one hand tied behind their back on offense. They needed to let the backup take some shots earlier on. The weather wasn't ideal but it was reasonable enough to execute good offense.

ddmann
December 8th, 2018, 03:46 PM
That was a fun game to watch, heading over to the EWU game now.

Outsider1
December 8th, 2018, 03:47 PM
SDSU's D with KSU's offense will keep the Jacks moving forward. They will just need a perfect game next game.....

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Okay. Time to think about the Bison next week.

Here is my hot take:

We lose by 60.

ksu_owls
December 8th, 2018, 03:51 PM
I think your lucky you have a QB in there that's actually doing something....your starter was a turd

I think David is a better passer, but he’s not the same at leading OUR offensive which with the defensive holding the rabbits to 27 would have been enough to win this game. Burks not only runs/pitches with another level of exceptionalism but he passes enough to keep the defense honest. The defense played well, the offense hurt tremendously by losing Burks.

adamsputnik
December 8th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Oh well, we made a game of it at least. Going to be some hindsight 'what could have been' from this one.

Outsider1
December 8th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Congrats SDSU, practice hard this week and heal up as best you can!

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 03:53 PM
KSU shouldn't have played scared for half the game on offense. I should rephrase that to the coaches shouldn't have, not the players.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2018, 03:55 PM
Bring it bunny turds!:D

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 04:10 PM
I think David is a better passer, but he’s not the same at leading OUR offensive which with the defensive holding the rabbits to 27 would have been enough to win this game.

Spare me. SDSU had the TO stopped. You keep Burks in there and you lose by 24. It was a blessing in disguise for your backup QB to come in.

HootyHoo
December 8th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Congrats to SDSU on the win. Tough loss for the Owls. Penalties and Turnovers killed us today.

ksu_owls
December 8th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Spare me. SDSU had the TO stopped. You keep Burks in there and you lose by 24. It was a blessing in disguise for your backup QB to come in.

Lol you’re ridiculous if you don’t think our offense runs better with Burks. Congrats on the win. Have fun losing to NDSU, you did not beat us at our best.

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 04:24 PM
Lol you’re ridiculous if you don’t think our offense runs better with Burks. Congrats on the win. Have fun losing to NDSU, you did not beat us at our best.

You did not lose to us at our best, if that makes you feel any better. That's not even a top 5 performance for us this year.

SoDakSA
December 8th, 2018, 04:26 PM
If KSU can incorporate a little more RPO into their offense they would be able to compete with anyone. They weren't able to accomplish much until they hit a few passes.

Would love to see both these teams play in good weather.

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 04:29 PM
You did not lose to us at our best, if that makes you feel any better. That's not even a top 5 performance for us this year.

When the playoffs roll around thats your usual excuse.

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 04:30 PM

So I’m assuming I won’t have to hear “Coach K distracted” from you next week, yes?

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 04:30 PM
This. They were doing nothing with their starting QB.

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Missed in all of this:

The POD curse WAS NOT EFFECTIVE. THE POD CURSE WAS NOT EFFECTIVE! WHERE HAS THE MAGIC GONE?!?!?!

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 04:34 PM

Your triple option might go better, but your pass game doesn’t. Passing is how you scored on us, something Burke’s was terrible at. You don’t get close with Burke’s, I’m sorry.

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 04:36 PM

Not an excuse, just a fact. We have yet to put in a great performance in the quarters or semis.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Missed in all of this:

The POD curse WAS NOT EFFECTIVE. THE POD CURSE WAS NOT EFFECTIVE! WHERE HAS THE MAGIC GONE?!?!?!

I knew SDSU was going to win. I was surprised the game was that close. You just can’t help some people

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Missed in all of this:

No amount of magic was going to allow a Big South team to beat you guys......

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Missed in all of this:

He was saviing it for this week xlolx

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 05:04 PM
I knew SDSU was going to win. I was surprised the game was that close. You just can’t help some people

No amount of magic was going to allow a Big South team to beat you guys......

He was saviing it for this week xlolx

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzdMvc1w2VlFOpRC/giphy.gif

Theee Catrabbit
December 8th, 2018, 05:19 PM
When? When was it running better? You weren't doing ****. Your offense only started doing something once he went out

ksu_owls
December 8th, 2018, 05:28 PM
You guys literally don’t have a clue. If you let our 2nd string QB keep this game close then you have no chance against the Bison. He’s 2nd string for a reason. Burks was tied 14-14 at the half with Monmouth and you see how that ended. This is a game where you guys won and we will never know what could have been. Again, congrats on the win. The Owls have plenty of more years to prove we belong. You beat us, and congrats, but in no way were we at our best.

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2018, 05:32 PM
You guys literally don’t have a clue. If you let our 2nd string QB keep this game close then you have no chance against the Bison. He’s 2nd string for a reason. Burks was tied 14-14 at the half with Monmouth and you see how that ended. This is a game where you guys won and we will never know what could have been. Again, congrats on the win. The Owls have plenty of more years to prove we belong. You beat us, and congrats, but in no way were we at our best.

Go to the weight room mad.....

Bisonator
December 8th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Monmouth? Seriously??xlolx

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 05:48 PM

https://i.giphy.com/media/u9e7fk2rL5njy/200w.gif

You guys played well. Enjoy the offseason.

Carolina010
December 8th, 2018, 05:52 PM

Do you think not having our starting DT had any affect on the game? If you don't than you have no clue.

ksu_owls
December 8th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Do you think not having our starting DT had any affect on the game? If you don't than you have no clue.

You think one defensive lineman is equalivant to losing your starting QB?

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 05:56 PM
Weren’t you behind 17 to 3 when your QB went down or am I missing something here

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 05:56 PM

Monmouth? Stop youre embarrassing yourself.

Carolina010
December 8th, 2018, 06:10 PM

It may not be equivalent but it definitely had an impact and means we weren't at our best and we had a 2nd stringer start and "he is second string for a reason".

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Who recruits players to be second stringers?

JimmyJack
December 8th, 2018, 06:26 PM
I thought KSU showed a lot of fight and battled through adversity. So did SDSU. It was a good game in bad conditions.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Who recruits players to be second stringers?Losers apparently

ksu_owls
December 8th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Again, congrats to SDSU in beating us. Do I think the outcome would be different if Burks stayed healthy? Yes. He went out when we were driving and it was 10-3. It’s not too much to agree you guys didn’t beat us at our best. I bring up Monmouth to make the point we are a second half team. That’s all. Not trying to make more out of this than you guys won and we lost our best offense player in the mix. Congrats on the semis.

FUBeAR
December 8th, 2018, 08:00 PM
I thought KSU showed a lot of fight and battled through adversity. So did SDSU. It was a good game in bad conditions.
There is absolutely no room, in this thread, for this type of reasonable & fair characterization of the game we all watched today.

I have reported your overly sane post to the proper authorities!

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2018, 08:27 PM
I watched this game in spurts (side note, I got really into duo lingo over this weekend and I'm probably doing that over the offseason that tells you what kind of ****ing nerd I am). Some observations:

Wofford gave the template of how to stop the option. We always do. Having said that, SDSU did not have the same strength of run defense as Wofford did (I would argue that Wofford probably had the second best run defense in FCS this year, only to the Bison), but they still have a good defense. Weirdly enough KSU outgained SDSU and had 6 yards per carry. KSU had a legit defense, but I think they struggled defending against down hill runs (because of their size), but prospered against read run plays (because of their team speed). If you look at the numbers, SDSU had a pretty good day on offense, even if they only had 300 yards of offense. They were 12-16 through the air and got 161 yards on 36 carries (over 4 yards per rush).

Just looking at those stats, it doesn't look like SDSU panicked on offense in this one. Someone made the comment this week that because SDSU was a more balanced team than Wofford, they were better running the ball. I agree with that reasoning.

If you want to beat KSU (or any option team, for that matter) you either do it with a dominating defensive performance or by playing good enough on offense to score ~30 points and play keep away. SDSU didn't dominate on defense, but they got key stops. They didn't play keep away necessarily, but their ability to stay on the field and get points and burn clock when needed were essential to this victory. One could argue SDSU's defense was above average at best and average at worst this year, whereas their offense was great and I think this game epitomized that.

As for Kennesaw, they had a good season and should be proud of their performance. Having said that, I think they are in the no man's land like Wofford, Jacksonville State, Central Arkansas, and others. They are a good team and it's hard to tell where their ceiling is. It's hard to tell if they are just overperforming as a program due to great coaching (like Charleston Southern a few years ago), if the option has a hard ceiling, or if they just got unlucky and lost to a better team (which isn't mutually exclusive with the other interpretations either).

I'm honestly growing option skeptical. I think Georgia Southern's FCS/1-AA success with the option hides the general trend with other teams. Georgia Southern only failed to score 20 points 9 times in like 60 playoff games. Wofford has matched that number in 18, KSU has failed to reach 20 3 of 5 times, the Citadel on 2 of 3. I think a lot of teams at this level think Georgia Southern's success with the option is the norm, when really it's the exception. I think coaching is a lot better now and the athletes that play in FCS playoff games are better than they were 25 years ago. I don't think the option is a championship offense in FCS anymore.

El Griz
December 8th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Do not underestimate UC Davis. They are built to give Maine fits. UC by 13 points over Maine. ND state not so sure. It is all about team matchup and UC Davis should not have a problem with Maine. They will however have a problem with ND State.

Rjones61
December 8th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Do not underestimate UC Davis. They are built to give Maine fits. UC by 13 points over Maine. ND state not so sure. It is all about team matchup and UC Davis should not have a problem with Maine. They will however have a problem with ND State.

Uh.... what?

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2018, 08:51 PM

https://munchedup.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/colin_farrel-disgusted.gif?w=260&h=133

El Griz
December 8th, 2018, 09:05 PM
What two in a row? I guess it is late on the east (bias) coast. I have watched both and UC is an incredibly deceptive team. One that will give that (I guess in other Leagues they call him a quarterback) will give his one receiver fits. Just saying, people that think Maine is going to travel that far again and expect a top tier team to lay an egg again, well wouldn't you be lucky.

swaghook
December 8th, 2018, 09:05 PM
I don't think the option is a championship offense in FCS anymore. Just need to be able to pass a bit more and be effective to balance the offense out a bit.

cx500d
December 8th, 2018, 09:08 PM
What two in a row? I guess it is late on the east (bias) coast. I have watched both and UC is an incredibly deceptive team. One that will give that (I guess in other Leagues they call him a quarterback) will give his one receiver fits. Just saying, people that think Maine is going to travel that far again and expect a top tier team to lay an egg again, well wouldn't you be lucky.
Ok, I have to ask, why do you keep bringing up UC?

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Ok, I have to ask, why do you keep bringing up UC?

I can't tell if it's a bit, or if he stopped watching after UCD converted the 2 point conversion. Or... He's drunk.

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 09:16 PM
I vote drunk.

NDSUtk
December 8th, 2018, 09:29 PM
Do not underestimate UC Davis. They are built to give Maine fits. UC by 13 points over Maine. ND state not so sure. It is all about team matchup and UC Davis should not have a problem with Maine. They will however have a problem with ND State.If UC beats Maine this coming weekend I'll be shocked. You don't even have to give me the 13 points you posted. I'll bet you straight up that UC doesn't beat Maine next weekend. You name the amount.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2018, 09:48 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/zjQrmdlR9ZCM/giphy.gif

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 10:06 PM
I vote those two are posts of the day.

Reign of Terrier
December 8th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Just need to be able to pass a bit more and be effective to balance the offense out a bit.

That's why Wofford is slowly drifting away from it. The option is a great play and IMO should viewed as a different category from run plays. Having a 30%-30%-30% breakdown of run-option- pass is a playbook for success.

The problem is that option teams do 50%-25%-25% and it's to monotonous

FUBeAR
December 8th, 2018, 10:38 PM
That's why Wofford is slowly drifting away from it. The option is a great play and IMO should viewed as a different category from run plays. Having a 30%-30%-30% breakdown of run-option- pass is a playbook for success.

The problem is that option teams do 50%-25%-25% and it's to monotonousA lot of blocking rule changes have had the desired effect on reducing the effectiveness of relentlessly running triple option on every play. Go back & watch those GaSou Teams putting DB’s heels in the air every play. Can’t do that any more.

Option can still be an effective play/set of plays that can be prominently featured within an Offensive System, but it’s, regrettably, not sustainable as THE foundation for an Offensive System that bases all other activities off of it.

If any Team runs it too well & is an Option-immersed Team, they’ll just change another rule.

Kemo
December 9th, 2018, 12:31 AM
Congrats to the Owls on a great season. I thought they competed well and gave themselves an opportunity to win the game.

SoDakSA
December 9th, 2018, 12:48 AM
A lot of blocking rule changes have had the desired effect on reducing the effectiveness of relentlessly running triple option on every play. Go back & watch those GaSou Teams putting DB’s heels in the air every play. Can’t do that any more.

Option can still be an effective play/set of plays that can be prominently featured within an Offensive System, but it’s, regrettably, not sustainable as THE foundation for an Offensive System that bases all other activities off of it.

If any Team runs it too well & is an Option-immersed Team, they’ll just change another rule.

The TO as a base is no longer a valid championship offense. The players are just getting too fast on the defensive side of the ball. The RPO is what teams need to incorporate if they want sustained success.

It's the same reason that a team relying on strictly the pass can't have sustained success.

citdog
December 9th, 2018, 01:01 AM

And that's why you will be a 2nd tier SoCon team right beside Western Carolina in 3 years.Your metoo sugar daddy ain't writing no more checks and you have hired a head coach with his eyes on the next job whilst alienating the best coaches who assisted the greatest college coach in the history of South Carolina. I'm just going to shut up and "not interrupt my enemy while he is making a mistake".

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2018, 01:26 AM
The TO as a base is no longer a valid championship offense. The players are just getting too fast on the defensive side of the ball. The RPO is what teams need to incorporate if they want sustained success.

It's the same reason that a team relying on strictly the pass can't have sustained success.
I, reluctantly, agree with your first sentence.

We diverge on the what causes it to be the case, though. If there has been an increase in Defensive speed, it would stand to reason that Offensive speed has also increased by a relatively similar measure. Understanding that the field has finite dimensions, I can see how an argument could be advanced that an increase in Defensive speed could be sufficient to decrease the effectiveness of the option even if the Offensive speed has increased at a similar rate. So, I will acknowledge that could be a contributing factor. But, when we consider the almost annual blocking rule changes limiting low blocking by field position & personnel, specifying “from the front” vs. “not from the back,” etc., etc., etc., they have all had a negative impact on Option-based tactics. I just have to conclude that these rule changes are the primary contributing factor to the decline of effectiveness of the “old-school” Option.

RPO’s are great. As an old dude, my initial reaction to them a few years ago was, “why didn’t we think of that?” We checked from runs to passes & Vice-versa based on alignments, but not DURING a play. I think some liberalization of Ineligible Downfield rules have contributed to the success of the RPO as well. So, yes, if you’re an OC today and not building RPO’s schemes into your Offense, you’re missing a lot of opportunity.

That said, I disagree that RPO’s are THE route to sustained Championship-level success on Offense. That, I believe, falls to the old tried & true - can you hand the ball to your Running Back & have him pick up a minimum of 3 or 4 yards running BEHIND your OLine, when you need to. More simply, if you can’t consistently run the dang ball, ala Alabama & NDSU, you’re not going to be able sustain a Championship-level Offense (and Defense, really...but that’s another FUBeAR story). Everything else you can manage to do well, such as RPO’s; or Play-Action; or Options; or hitting deep shots; or getting the ball to Playmakers in space, is gravy that will help you get and stay at the top. If you can’t do the most basic of Football ‘things’ though, you’re just selling videos and being a clinic pimp.

Obviously, I wholeheartedly agree with your last sentence.

citdog
December 9th, 2018, 02:08 AM
I, reluctantly, agree with your first sentence.

We diverge on the what causes it to be the case, though. If there has been an increase in Defensive speed, it would stand to reason that Offensive speed has also increased by a relatively similar measure. Understanding that the field has finite dimensions, I can see how an argument could be advanced that an increase in Defensive speed could be sufficient to decrease the effectiveness of the option even if the Offensive speed has increased at a similar rate. So, I will acknowledge that could be a contributing factor. But, when we consider the almost annual blocking rule changes limiting low blocking by field position & personnel, specifying “from the front” vs. “not from the back,” etc., etc., etc., they have all had a negative impact on Option-based tactics. I just have to conclude that these rule changes are the primary contributing factor to the decline of effectiveness of the “old-school” Option.

RPO’s are great. As an old dude, my initial reaction to them a few years ago was, “why didn’t we think of that?” We checked from runs to passes & Vice-versa based on alignments, but not DURING a play. I think some liberalization of Ineligible Downfield rules have contributed to the success of the RPO as well. So, yes, if you’re an OC today and not building RPO’s schemes into your Offense, you’re missing a lot of opportunity.

That said, I disagree that RPO’s are THE route to sustained Championship-level success on Offense. That, I believe, falls to the old tried & true - can you hand the ball to your Running Back & have him pick up a minimum of 3 or 4 yards running BEHIND your OLine, when you need to. More simply, if you can’t consistently run the dang ball, ala Alabama & NDSU, you’re not going to be able sustain a Championship-level Offense (and Defense, really...but that’s another FUBeAR story). Everything else you can manage to do well, such as RPO’s; or Play-Action; or Options; or hitting deep shots; or getting the ball to Playmakers in space, is gravy that will help you get and stay at the top. If you can’t do the most basic of Football ‘things’ though, you’re just selling videos and being a clinic pimp.

Obviously, I wholeheartedly agree with your last sentence.

Just wait until they change the rules on linemen blocking downfield.

You goddamn vermin Poindexter.

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2018, 06:37 AM
Just wait until they change the rules on linemen blocking downfield.

You goddamn vermin Poindexter.downfield? On passes, you mean?

The only changes I see coming to any of the rules will be whatever makes the game more & more like 7 on 7 / flag football.

If that’s what you mean, then you are right. (first time for everything, I guess.)

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2018, 06:45 AM
Boy, looking at the box score of this game it's hard to figure out how Kennesaw only put up 17 points. I watched a good chunk of the game so I know how it went down but they outgained SDSU by over 100 yards putting up 300+ rushing yards at a 6 ypc clip and averaged almost 9 yards per pass attempt. They only had 1 turnover also.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 9th, 2018, 06:53 AM
Boy, looking at the box score of this game it's hard to figure out how Kennesaw only put up 17 points. I watched a good chunk of the game so I know how it went down but they outgained SDSU by over 100 yards putting up 300+ rushing yards at a 6 ypc clip and averaged almost 9 yards per pass attempt. They only had 1 turnover also.

SDSU's defense made plays when they had to.

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2018, 07:02 AM
Not a KSU Fan, but I am a BIG-TIME FCS Fan...So I found this interesting...this morning

Major City - Major Newspaper - Sunday Sports Section

Heisman Trophy Awarded - Page 8
Georgia Tech’s new Head Football Coach - Page 10
Army / Navy game - Page 8
FBS Bowl Previews - Page 7

FRONT PAGE - FCS PLAYOFFS! - YAY!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/50LbyjMF/E74309-C0-AE54-4-B1-C-9395-FAB9-F9523258.jpg

Now, the fact that KSU regularly garners this kind of attention from the ATL media vs. 0 attention to other FCS Programs very near the Metro ATL area doesn’t make me especially happy, but I’ll go with “a rising tide lifts all boats” and be happy for the FCS ink!

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2018, 07:13 AM
SDSU's defense made plays when they had to.
Yep, KSU only 5-12 or 3rd and 0-2 on 4th down. SDSU won the money downs. Same with their offense with 2 enormous 3rd down conversions on the drive that sealed it (although up until then they were only 4-11 themselves on 3rd down).

MR. CHICKEN
December 9th, 2018, 07:25 AM
Not a KSU Fan, but I am a BIG-TIME FCS Fan...So I found this interesting...this morning

Major City - Major Newspaper - Sunday Sports Section

Heisman Trophy Awarded - Page 8
Georgia Tech’s new Head Football Coach - Page 10
Army / Navy game - Page 8
FBS Bowl Previews - Page 7

FRONT PAGE - FCS PLAYOFFS! - YAY!!!

https://i.postimg.cc/50LbyjMF/E74309-C0-AE54-4-B1-C-9395-FAB9-F9523258.jpg

Now, the fact that KSU regularly garners this kind of attention from the ATL media vs. 0 attention to other FCS Programs very near the Metro ATL area doesn’t make me especially happy, but I’ll go with “a rising tide lifts all boats” and be happy for the FCS ink!

.....STOPPED AGIN'.........GOOD COVERAGE.......O'.....LETTIN' ALL UH.....GEORGIA KNOW..........OWLS SUCK..........xdontknowx.......BRAWK!

HootyHoo
December 9th, 2018, 07:36 AM

I disagree, KSU ran for 300+ yards yesterday. The main issue is the lack of talent on KSU's offense. All of the original class were no-star recruits. I love em, but they were not division 1 athletes. Moving forward, look for the Owls to be bigger, faster, stronger across the board.

Birdman_
December 9th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Both defenses played well, but SDSU’s defense made more key stops. Happy with how KSU performed; they certainly didn’t get embarrassed. Both teams had plenty of missed opportunities and mishaps (lots of false starts from SDSU), so it doesn’t make sense to nitpick this one. SDSU played a heck of a game, and best of luck to them going forward.

KSU’s QB2 (David) is a great athlete and has a much better arm than Chandler, which certainly helped in the second half, however he just isn’t as good at pitches or with his decision-making. I don’t believe the QB situation changed the outcome of the game. Had KSU converted on the two chances they had with Chandler in the game I’d probably feel differently, but we didn’t, so mute point. Very interested in the QB competition this spring - we have a few guys that could win the job. I’m personally a fan of Bryant (QB3 this year), but we’ll see what happens.

Also, I had a great time speaking with the SDSU fans before and during the game. The weather wasn’t great, but it was a good time. Hope everyone who traveled enjoyed their time in GA.

HootyHoo
December 9th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Both defenses played well, but SDSU’s defense made more key stops. Happy with how KSU performed; they certainly didn’t get embarrassed. Both teams had plenty of missed opportunities and mishaps (lots of false starts from SDSU), so it doesn’t make sense to nitpick this one. SDSU played a heck of a game, and best of luck to them going forward.

KSU’s QB2 (David) is a great athlete and has a much better arm than Chandler, which certainly helped in the second half, however he just isn’t as good at pitches or with his decision-making. I don’t believe the QB situation changed the outcome of the game. Had KSU converted on the two chances they had with Chandler in the game I’d probably feel differently, but we didn’t, so mute point. Very interested in the QB competition this spring - we have a few guys that could win the job. I’m personally a fan of Bryant (QB3 this year), but we’ll see what happens.

Also, I had a great time speaking with the SDSU fans before and during the game. The weather wasn’t great, but it was a good time. Hope everyone who traveled enjoyed their time in GA.

I am also interested in the QB competition. It should be Daniel David. I would look for Xavier Shepherd to be redshirted next year, then take over the starting spot.

Birdman_
December 9th, 2018, 08:44 AM
I am also interested in the QB competition. It should be Daniel David. I would look for Xavier Shepherd to be redshirted next year, then take over the starting spot.

Have the think David and Bryant are the favorites, but impossible to know how Murphy, Mintz, et. al. fit into the equation at this point. Barring unexpected attrition, we have quite a bit of depth at the position, so I'm sure we'll find a way to get at least a couple of the guys on the field, either at QB or B Back. I also hope Shepherd is redshirted, however he'll be on campus in January, so who knows, he could find himself in the mix as well. We'll see.

Reign of Terrier
December 9th, 2018, 11:50 AM
And that's why you will be a 2nd tier SoCon team right beside Western Carolina in 3 years.Your metoo sugar daddy ain't writing no more checks and you have hired a head coach with his eyes on the next job whilst alienating the best coaches who assisted the greatest college coach in the history of South Carolina. I'm just going to shut up and "not interrupt my enemy while he is making a mistake".

Yes our head guy is such a bad coach and alienated essential parts of our program (or whatever) that we finished in the top of the socon in total defense, run defense, passing defense, and scoring defense. On offense, we had our highest average yardage per game in years on offense, not to mention had 2 of the 3 highest single-game yardage outputs in program history this year. We passed the ball more, and that opened up the run game. We're doing so terrible, really.

My point here is not to take things further off the rails, but I strongly believe that there are limits to the option, and how Wofford progresses with our evolution will dictate our ceiling as a program. We're not a military college or a no-name team at this subdivision, we're a legit top 15 and maybe even top 10 program. The option is great for programs like the Citadel and start ups like Kennesaw, but once you establish yourself as a brand you can do more. I think Furman's Clay Hendrix has the best approach to offense: don't abandon the option all together, but use it as a tactic, not the strategy itself. Furman has been as successful of a program as any at this level and they have just as strict academic standards as away. They never went full-option (at least not in a while) but had some great running teams who could pass it with ingle Martin. That's the approach that will work at this level (look at NDSU)

Redfield10
December 9th, 2018, 01:14 PM

Kennesaw State would be lucky to finish fourth in the Missouri Valley.

Redfield10
December 9th, 2018, 01:16 PM

Depends on the level of play. If you have some defensive speed, like SDSU and NDSU, KSU option ain't gonna work. It'll work in the south where apparently the teams have n o speed on defense.

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Kennesaw State would be lucky to finish fourth in the Missouri Valley.

Here we go...SDSU squeaks by with KSU playing their 2 string qb, and KSU is suddenly at best, 4th in the conference.

Redfield10
December 9th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Here we go...SDSU squeaks by with KSU playing their 2 string qb, and KSU is suddenly at best, 4th in the conference.

10 points on the road? Hmm..and you starting QB did nothing...lucky the second stringer was bought in....

No way you finish above NDSU or SDSU so already you are third at best....and there's always two other Valley teams, if not more, that are usually top 10 teams. year before last Youngstown state finished like fifth in the conference and was in the National Champ game....etc.

So, yeah...fourth would be "good."

I have this conversation every year. LOL.

And I'm proven right.

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 01:26 PM
10 points on the road? Hmm..and you starting QB did nothing...lucky the second stringer was bought in....

No way you finish above NDSU or SDSU so already you are third at best....and there's always two other Valley teams, if not more, that are usually top 10 teams. year before last Youngstown state finished like fifth in the conference and was in the National Champ game....etc.

And I'm proven right.

10 points? That last TD in the waning minutes of the was a gimme. Who is "you?"

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 01:59 PM

And I'm proven right.

He's an NDSU fan you dumb ****.

ksu_owls
December 9th, 2018, 02:20 PM
The good news is almost our entire defense plus our best D lineman who didn’t play this year will be back for 2019. Also pretty good news is our new offense will have almost a whole season of cupcake teams to prepare for the playoffs. We’ll probably go 10-1 and maybe get an easy draw to the quarterfinals. This program is just beginning and we’ve got some bright years ahead. I’m excited to see what our new guys/ better recruits will put together the next few seasons.

cx500d
December 9th, 2018, 02:28 PM
The good news is almost our entire defense plus our best D lineman who didn’t play this year will be back for 2019. Also pretty good news is our new offense will have almost a whole season of cupcake teams to prepare for the playoffs. We’ll probably go 10-1 and maybe get an easy draw to the quarterfinals. This program is just beginning and we’ve got some bright years ahead. I’m excited to see what our new guys/ better recruits will put together the next few seasons.

You better hope your 10-1 cupcake schedule doesn't get your ass "Lehigh"ed....

Thumper 76
December 9th, 2018, 03:50 PM
He's an NDSU fan you dumb ****.

Look at who the guy is a fan of. Gotta pump up the conference when you’re always at the bottom.

TheKingpin28
December 9th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Look at who the guy is a fan of. Gotta pump up the conference when you’re always at the bottom.

I guess that's what happens when you go to a "flagship" school.

HootyHoo
December 9th, 2018, 06:44 PM
You better hope your 10-1 cupcake schedule doesn't get your ass "Lehigh"ed....

KSU needs to join the SOCON in the next 5 years. The Owls have already outgrown the Big South, and need to upgrade their schedule. The move would allow us to resume our traditional rivalry with Mercer. It just makes too much sense.

FUBeAR
December 9th, 2018, 07:59 PM
KSU needs to join the SOCON in the next 5 years. The Owls have already outgrown the Big South, and need to upgrade their schedule.

That’s crazy talk. KSU is already clearly dominant over any & every Team in the SoCon and, actually over any Team in FCS, including, specifically, NDSU. No way should KSU even contemplate making a move to the lowly SoCon. Obviously, the only rightful next stop for the owlets is the SEC.

I know this because a bright KSU fan told me so...

* Wofford runs the gun-option. No self respecting triple option team would run the shotgun triple option.

* Wofford doesn't have the quarterback to score on the Owl defense.

* ...talent in the socon...It's embarrassing how far the league has fallen.

* KSU is the program to finally give the Bison a challenge. NDSU's dynasty will fall to the next southern power in the FCS.

* Wofford has a clear ceiling as a program. You are a little engine that could. KSU has 20,000 more students, better recruiting area, better players, better coaches.

* Go away woffy, the adults are talking.

* KSU is starting to rake in recruiting. KSU has already surpassed Wofford in recruiting.

* Wofford's DBs can't cover at all.

* ...this win proves that kennesaw State is superior to any team in the Southern conference.

* The entire socon is a bunch of excuse making has-beens.

* I wonder what excuse you will come up after we come up to Fargo and beat the Bison?

* ...this draw does grant us the opportunity to beat some Valley teams...Kennesaw State is uniquely positioned to challenge the Bison's dominance. You better get used to seeing us in December

* any southern FCS football program worth anything went FBS during the last major conference realignment

* KSU...will be the next southern dynasty.

HootyHoo
December 9th, 2018, 09:25 PM
That’s crazy talk. KSU is already clearly dominant over any & every Team in the SoCon and, actually over any Team in FCS, including, specifically, NDSU. No way should KSU even contemplate making a move to the lowly SoCon. Obviously, the only rightful next stop for the owlets is the SEC.

* Wofford runs the gun-option. No self respecting triple option team would run the shotgun triple option.

* KSU is the program to finally give the Bison a challenge. NDSU's dynasty will fall to the next southern power in the FCS.

* Wofford has a clear ceiling as a program. You are a little engine that could. KSU has 20,000 more students, better recruiting area, better players, better coaches.

* KSU is starting to rake in recruiting. KSU has already surpassed Wofford in recruiting.

* ...this win proves that kennesaw State is superior to any team in the Southern conference.

* I wonder what excuse you will come up after we come up to Fargo and beat the Bison?

* ...this draw does grant us the opportunity to beat some Valley teams...Kennesaw State is uniquely positioned to challenge the Bison's dominance. You better get used to seeing us in December

* any southern FCS football program worth anything went FBS during the last major conference realignment

I should print this out and frame it. It's beautiful.

CappinHard
December 9th, 2018, 09:34 PM
I should print this out and frame it. It's beautiful.

Or... Delete your account. Either way, see you next November.

Redfield10
December 9th, 2018, 11:46 PM

That's what James Madison has been saying for years now. LOL. Wait til next year!! If you can't beat South Dakota State (on your home field) you got a ways to go to be even close to beating the Bison.

ksu_owls
December 10th, 2018, 09:11 AM
This morning is the first chance I've really had to look at the stats. I didn't feel like it was close when we brought it to 20-17, but I guess overall it was a pretty close/competitive game. I'm over the assumption that things would have been better with Burks because the difference was SDSU making stops when they needed to, which is what great teams do. Give us another year or two to rebuild, we'll be back. Until then, best of luck to SDSU. I can honestly say you're the best team our program has ever played.

Go Owls!

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 09:12 AM
This morning is the first chance I've really had to look at the stats. I didn't feel like it was close when we brought it to 20-17, but I guess overall it was a pretty close/competitive game. I'm over the assumption that things would have been better with Burks because the difference was SDSU making stops when they needed to, which is what great teams do. Give us another year or two to rebuild, we'll be back. Until then, best of luck to SDSU. I can honestly say you're the best team our program has ever played.

Go Owls!If you guys make that stop on third and long towards the end of the game, this could have been a whole different outcome. Who knows.

FUBeAR
December 10th, 2018, 09:33 AM
That's what James Madison has been saying for years now. LOL. Wait til next year!! If you can't beat South Dakota State (on your home field) you got a ways to go to be even close to beating the Bison.
Just want to make sure that Redfield10, et al, realize those comments after the asterisks were quotes of some of the recent comments made by a KSU fan; not the opinion of FUBeAR...and FUBeAR’s comments before the quotes were made with his tongue driving a giant perforation into his cheek.

ksu_owls
December 10th, 2018, 09:38 AM
If you guys make that stop on third and long towards the end of the game, this could have been a whole different outcome. Who knows.

Which blows my mind.... I'm not trying to make this more than it is, but I'm more impressed today by the team than I was on Saturday (lots of emotions/alcohol/other factors play into that). Did we get beat? YEP. Did we actually have a chance to win? YEP. Color me impressed. Since we curb stomped ETSU by 40 points in our first ever game I have been waiting to see where we stacked up against the best teams of FCS. I know this is a small sample size with many factors, but for this fan who has been emotionally invested since day 1, I'm proud as hell of these boys and the foundation they laid...... now excuse me as I go to the KSU message boards where they care about my emotions lol I will quit bothering you guys now.

- - - Updated - - -

Just want to make sure that Redfield10, et al, realize those comments after the asterisks were quotes of some of the comments made by a KSU fan; not the opinion of FUBeAR...and FUBeAR’s comments before the quotes were made with his tongue driving a giant perforation into his cheek.

Those comments were made by HootyHoo, not reasonable KSU fans.

FUBeAR
December 10th, 2018, 09:49 AM
Which blows my mind.... I'm not trying to make this more than it is, but I'm more impressed today by the team than I was on Saturday (lots of emotions/alcohol/other factors play into that). Did we get beat? YEP. Did we actually have a chance to win? YEP. Color me impressed. Since we curb stomped ETSU by 40 points in our first ever game I have been waiting to see where we stacked up against the best teams of FCS. I know this is a small sample size with many factors, but for this fan who has been emotionally invested since day 1, I'm proud as hell of these boys and the foundation they laid...... now excuse me as I go to the KSU message boards where they care about my emotions lol I will quit bothering you guys now.

- - - Updated - - -

Those comments were made by HootyHoo, not reasonable KSU fans.Hang around KSU. Off-season stuff is interesting too.

You & (reasonable) KSU fans should be very proud of your Program, and particularly proud of those young men that decided to come there in Year 0, when NOTHING existed and it was their mission to lead the building of KSU Football. Going through a year of practice with no games, dealing with the constant ‘churn’ of your Teammates, and possibly getting ‘recruited over’ as the Program grew are huge challenges for any young man. To be able to overcome all of those and win a bunch of Football games says a lot about their character.

The Big South is going to improve with Campbell & N. Alabama rising & PC departing. KSU may experience a bit of a leadership vacuum next year even though the talent, overall, may be better than this year. It will be another interesting season in 2019.

Thumper 76
December 10th, 2018, 09:49 AM

Go Owls!

It was a good game, hope to meet up with you guys in the future. In Brookings, in the snow, just to give you guys a dose of SD weather after we got your monsoon season apparently xlolx

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 09:55 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Those comments were made by HootyHoo, not reasonable KSU fans.I watched KSU play a couple of times on ESPN3 this year, I love option football but I actually thought that SDSU was going to stomp you guys. Your D played great in that game I thought and you had a chance to win. I would have liked to see KSU at NDSU.

ksu_owls
December 10th, 2018, 10:18 AM
I watched KSU play a couple of times on ESPN3 this year, I love option football but I actually thought that SDSU was going to stomp you guys. Your D played great in that game I thought and you had a chance to win. I would have liked to see KSU at NDSU.

Eh, I don't know if I would have necessarily "liked" to see KSU play NDSU lol but I definitely would have been grateful for another week of KSU football.

One thing that makes FCS so fun for me is the mutual respect between programs. We all have our time to talk trash, but that's just part of football. I appreciate the nice words about the program. It'll be interesting to see what the 2019 Owls look like.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 10:36 AM
Eh, I don't know if I would have necessarily "liked" to see KSU play NDSU lol but I definitely would have been grateful for another week of KSU football.

One thing that makes FCS so fun for me is the mutual respect between programs. We all have our time to talk trash, but that's just part of football. I appreciate the nice words about the program. It'll be interesting to see what the 2019 Owls look like.You guys will still be solid next year. Say, I don't know if you knew this or not but back in the day, NDSU used to run the veer and people up here lose their minds with joy when our OC throws in a play that looks like a veer/option play. It doesn't matter if the play even works, but it seems like it always does.

Sorry for the video quality but this is a legendary play in Bison forklore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnb1gnotLr8

Reign of Terrier
December 10th, 2018, 11:05 AM

The bolded is *highly* underrated IMO. Part of the reason why I give decent offensive teams who play a paper mache schedule a good shot at performing at a decent level against tough competition is that there's something about offense in particular that has a rhythmic component to it. That's not to say who you play doesn't matter, but not playing tough defenses can create confidence and improve technique IMO

KSU needs to join the SOCON in the next 5 years. The Owls have already outgrown the Big South, and need to upgrade their schedule. The move would allow us to resume our traditional rivalry with Mercer. It just makes too much sense. I agree. KSU is not a full time Big South member. Their membership expires after 2019. It would be a great move to add the owls, if only just for football. I would not be surprised if this happened. If anything, KSU's administration would seriously drop the ball if they did.

Unfortunately for KSU, they are in the no man's land of the 5-20 best programs in FCS (Weber, Maine, Wofford, Jacksonville State, New Hampshire, and others). They are a very good team but they haven't had a break through year in a while (I know that Maine is still alive in the semis and could well beat EWU, but they have <7 playoff wins all time).

I should print this out and frame it. It's beautiful. The fact that you have a sense of humor is a redeeming factor IMO

Go Owls! If it's any consolation, I don't think I've looked at the stats of the Wofford-KSU game yet. And I think South Dakota State deserves the respect of being viewed as a top 5 FCS program of the last 5 years or so (with NDSU, JMU, SHSU, and EWU)

You guys will still be solid next year. Say, I don't know if you knew this or not but back in the day, NDSU used to run the veer and people up here lose their minds with joy when our OC throws in a play that looks like a veer/option play. It doesn't matter if the play even works, but it seems like it always does.

Wofford had a play like this against Elon in the playoffs (I think). As our QB was falling down he used both hands to push it to the pitch man. It makes for a great highlight but it's 100% of the time a reckless play.

POD Knows
December 10th, 2018, 11:11 AM
The bolded is *highly* underrated IMO. Part of the reason why I give decent offensive teams who play a paper mache schedule a good shot at performing at a decent level against tough competition is that there's something about offense in particular that has a rhythmic component to it. That's not to say who you play doesn't matter, but not playing tough defenses can create confidence and improve technique IMO

I agree. KSU is not a full time Big South member. Their membership expires after 2019. It would be a great move to add the owls, if only just for football. I would not be surprised if this happened. If anything, KSU's administration would seriously drop the ball if they did.

Unfortunately for KSU, they are in the no man's land of the 5-20 best programs in FCS (Weber, Maine, Wofford, Jacksonville State, New Hampshire, and others). They are a very good team but they haven't had a break through year in a while (I know that Maine is still alive in the semis and could well beat EWU, but they have <7 playoff wins all time).

The fact that you have a sense of humor is a redeeming factor IMO

If it's any consolation, I don't think I've looked at the stats of the Wofford-KSU game yet. And I think South Dakota State deserves the respect of being viewed as a top 5 FCS program of the last 5 years or so (with NDSU, JMU, SHSU, and EWU)

Wofford had a play like this against Elon in the playoffs (I think). As our QB was falling down he used both hands to push it to the pitch man. It makes for a great highlight but it's 100% of the time a reckless play.Nah, that was a routine play for the Thundering Herd back then, this is the only video I could find.

ksu_owls
December 10th, 2018, 12:54 PM
I have to stop analyzing this game lol

If someone told me we would hold SDSU to less yards that NDSU did and that we would have more yards against their defense than NDSU did I would have ***** a brick...

Okay that's all for at least a few more months/days/hours?

ST_Lawson
December 10th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Okay that's all for at least a few more months/days/hours?

Be sure to stick around, things get silly in the offseason.

cx500d
December 10th, 2018, 05:48 PM
You guys will still be solid next year. Say, I don't know if you knew this or not but back in the day, NDSU used to run the veer and people up here lose their minds with joy when our OC throws in a play that looks like a veer/option play. It doesn't matter if the play even works, but it seems like it always does.

Ah yes, Jeff Bentrim to James Molstre.....seems like yesterday

uni88
December 11th, 2018, 07:57 PM
Crapsville Bar is Open (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?219428-2018-Crappsville-Bar)

Owls, Aggies, Wildcats and Raiders are welcome ...

For you younguns, the Crappsville Bar and Grill was a fine AGS tradition where the playoff losers would console themselves with a round or two.

Rules of Crappsville: if your team is one of the four left--- don't post! The curse of Cap'n Cat will be upon you!

This week, we have a barstool and plenty of room for the fans of Kennesaw State, UC Davis, Weber State and Colgate.

Come on through the door and drown your sorrows and tell us what you are drinking.xdrunkyx