PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinal: #1-North Dakota State vs. #8-Colgate

Pages : 1 [2] 3

caribbeanhen
December 4th, 2018, 06:19 PM
The Red Raiders are really flashing some pearly whites out there, no wonder they call this team Colgate......

Go...gate
December 4th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Nothing wrong with Colgate testing itself against the best.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 4th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Nothing wrong with Colgate testing itself against the best.

I haven't watched many of Colgate's games.

Do they blitz a lot or play base 3-4 mostly?

Thundar
December 4th, 2018, 08:36 PM
You guys will run on them the way you did to SHSU last year in the semis. I wish I knew what was going on in the OC's and HC's heads that made us go away from the power running game. We put up 200 yards rushing against a defense giving up 77 ypg -- and decided to balance the offense. Your coaches will stick with the power running game and destroy them. I'll be surprised if you don't put half-a-hundred on 'em.

ECU was in their heads

dewey
December 4th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Here is a post from the Bison Media Blog about the X's and O's of the upcoming game.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/the-xs-and-os-of-the-top-two-fcs-defenses/

Dewey

Go...gate
December 4th, 2018, 10:48 PM
I haven't watched many of Colgate's games.

Do they blitz a lot or play base 3-4 mostly?

I believe mostly a 3-4 with occasional stunts.

dewey
December 5th, 2018, 06:43 AM
Here are some information on the upcoming game. There is more at the link below.

https://gobison.com/news/2018/12/3/football-bison-colgate-meet-for-first-time-saturday-in-fcs-quarterfinal-on-espn.aspx

THIS WEEK: No. 1-ranked North Dakota State (12-0) hosts Patriot League champion Colgate (10-1) in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division I Football Championship on Saturday, Dec. 8. Game time is 11 a.m. at Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome (18,700).

TELEVISION: ESPN live coverage begins at 11 a.m. with Kevin Brown (play-by-play), DJ Shockley (analyst) and Cole Cubelic (sideline). NDSU is 23-2 in 25 previous appearances on national television as a Division I program.

RADIO: Coverage begins at 10:30 a.m. on the Peterson Farms Seed Bison Radio Network with third-year NDSU play-by-play voice Jeff Culhane joined by NDSU and Buffalo Bills hall of famer Phil Hansen and NDSU sideline reporter Jeremy Jorgenson. Extended coverage locally on 107.9 The Fox, Bison 1660 and 92.7 FM includes "Bison Tailgate" from 7:30-8:30 a.m. with Brad Jones, "Bison Game Day" from 8:30-10:30 a.m. and "Bison Hotline" for two hours following the network broadcast with hosts Keith Brake, Chris Hanson and former NDSU defensive end Cole Jirik.

ONLINE: NDSU All Access offers free audio streaming on GoBison.com/allaccess and the NDSU Athletics mobile app. Live stats are available on NCAA.com. Follow @NDSUfootball on Twitter for game updates.

TICKETS: Season ticket holders have until 5 p.m. Tuesday to renew their same seats for the game. Unclaimed season tickets go on sale to the public at 7 a.m. Wednesday ONLINE ONLY at GoBison.com/tickets. NDSU student tickets, limit 1 per valid student ID, are $6 and will be on sale Monday and Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Memorial Union and at the Bison Ticket Office in the south lobby of the Sanford Health Athletic Complex.

TAILGATING: Reserved tailgating pass holders have until 5 p.m. Tuesday to renew their passes for the game. Unclaimed reserved tailgating passes go on sale to the public at 8 a.m. Wednesday at the Bison Ticket Office in the south lobby of the Sanford Health Athletic Complex or by calling 701-231-6172 or 701-231-5990.

THE SERIES: This is the first meeting between North Dakota State and Colgate. NDSU is 2-0 against the Patriot League with home wins in the 2011 season-opener over Lafayette (42-6) and the 2011 FCS quarterfinal over Lehigh (24-0). Colgate is 1-2 against the Missouri Valley Football Conference with a playoff road loss in 1999 to Illinois State (56-13) and a playoff home win in 2003 over Western Illinois (28-27). The Raiders lost 31-21 at South Dakota in a 2012 regular-season game.

HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE: North Dakota State is the No. 1 overall seed for the FCS playoffs and would host through the semifinal round for the eighth straight year should the Bison advance. The winner of this week's game will face fourth-seeded Kennesaw State or fifth-seeded South Dakota State in next week's semifinal round.

Dewey

The Boogie Down
December 5th, 2018, 07:00 AM
With fluoride, so germs can't hide, Colgate's tops nationwide.xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2018, 07:02 AM
I believe mostly a 3-4 with occasional stunts.

If Colgate plays both their S high, they are going to get run over. If they come down in the box, ES is going to pick them apart in the passing game. It will be an interesting game and how Colgate makes adjustments.

THE HERD
December 5th, 2018, 09:37 AM
I just want to see how good the Bison really are, FCS is just not answering that question and will not for years to come

would love to see the Bison play someone like Miami or some other cocky FBS team between 25-10 range....

Well we have The Ducks in two years and then a couple games with Arizona and Colorado after that...…...very interested to see us match up against a program like the Ducks with the kind of athletes they put on the field. Arizona and Colorado are very winnable games in my opinion, no guarantees, but I like our chances.

Mfergy4
December 5th, 2018, 12:26 PM
If Colgate plays both their S high, they are going to get run over. If they come down in the box, ES is going to pick them apart in the passing game. It will be an interesting game and how Colgate makes adjustments.

Against Army they played the Safeties low in the box with an occasional shift to a single high on passing downs. Have not reviewed the JMU game yet.

dewey
December 5th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Here is an article about Colgate inside linebacker Holl.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/928166-Senior-linebacker-Holl-quarterbacks-Colgate-defense

Dewey

dewey
December 5th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Here is another article about Colgate preparing for the noise and the atmosphere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.syracuse.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/12/colgate_football_prepares_for_playoff_test_against _gold_standard_of_fcs.amp

Dewey

Mfergy4
December 5th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Here is another article about Colgate preparing for the noise and the atmosphere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.syracuse.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/12/colgate_football_prepares_for_playoff_test_against _gold_standard_of_fcs.amp

Dewey

Nice reading but the single comment was rather boisterous, guess we should loose because we haven't played "anyone" since we played Iowa in 2016. Make a nice addition to the bulletin board chatter in the locker room.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Nice reading but the single comment was rather boisterous, guess we should loose because we haven't played "anyone" since we played Iowa in 2016. Make a nice addition to the bulletin board chatter in the locker room.

That comment in the comment section is from a Colgate fan that probably doesn't know where NDSU is or which conference they play in.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2018, 05:27 PM

Dewey

Thanks dewey.

I'm not worried about the Bison defense stopping the Colgate offense. NDSU's DL/pass rush is going to cause major problems for the Raiders IMO. I bet we'll see some screens, draws, quick passes to try and negate the rush.

Bison offense?

Run power and play action off of that until Colgate proves they can stop it. I would love to see the same power run called like against SHSU a few years ago....7-8 times in a row....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Here is an article about Colgate inside linebacker Holl.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/928166-Senior-linebacker-Holl-quarterbacks-Colgate-defense

Dewey

Small DL...lean on them hard.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2018, 07:04 PM
only question really is how is high is the splatter shield this week

6 feet is pretty much a 28 point blood bath

9 feet and were talking a 42 pointer with heads on spikes....

grumblings in Fargo about Bison fans growing tired of the weekly gore and looking for something to challenge the team

dewey
December 5th, 2018, 07:23 PM
My guess is about a 6-7 foot splatter. Someday people will reminisce about the glory days when there were National titles every year.

I am just loving it right now.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2018, 07:30 PM
My guess is about a 6-7 foot splatter. Someday people will reminisce about the glory days when there were National titles every year.

Dewey

The last couple of recruiting classes and the next one coming, especially this one if they all sign, I do not see much of a let down in Bison football.

Trey Lance is going to be a beast at QB. All these young kids that are rotating in are improving significantly. I guess there might be a monster S looking at NDSU....we'll see if he signs.

All told, I suppose NDSU will not be in the NC game every year but this team/culture will always be in the hunt for a playoff berth. That is my expectation as a TMer.

X-Factor
December 5th, 2018, 07:46 PM
The tone of bison fan comments is becoming eerily similar to the season opening CSU game a couple years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, because fans on obscure message boards clearly dictate how a football team is going to play.

And about that CSU game, the bucs cut blocked the entire line on most of the plays. Kleiman was very upset about it post game, but quite frankly why couldn’t our OC pull his head out of his ass and figure out a counter? I know our new OC Messingham would figure that **** out inside of a quarter. But Polasek would just plow the RB right into the human pile and expect a different result

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Yes, because fans on obscure message boards clearly dictate how a football team is going to play.

And about that CSU game, the bucs cut blocked the entire line on most of the plays. Kleiman was very upset about it post game, but quite frankly why couldn’t our OC pull his head out of his ass and figure out a counter? I know our new OC Messingham would figure that **** out inside of a quarter. But Polasek would just plow the RB right into the human pile and expect a different result

Polasek didn't have a good game to start the season that year. Now that tactic would have flags thrown because those cut blocks were outside the box.

I bet Colgate is going to play straight up 3-4 to start the game with their safeties cheating down just a little to help in run support. They are small on the DL but I bet they will run stunts and maybe disguise where their extra rusher is coming from. NDSU will probably have a few 3 and outs because a typical 3-4 gives the Bison some trouble until the adjustments are made on who is blocking who.

I believe this is a team that NDSU can wear down in the 2nd half and those 3-5 yard gains in the 1st half become 7-8-9 + in the 2nd half.

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2018, 07:56 PM

Dewey

your right, nothing lasts forever but on the other hand I see no end in sight...... 7 foot splatter sounds about right, 31 point win

I'm watching some of the Montana State game, they showed some familiar looking types outside at a tailgate at the end of the first quarter..... too cold.....

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2018, 08:58 PM
well that got ugly fast, all I can say is Delaware and Montana State should of been playing first round

dewey
December 5th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Here is a good blog post from the Bison Media Blog about football in the state of New York.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/a-little-history-lesson-of-new-york-college-football/

Dewey

dewey
December 5th, 2018, 09:07 PM
well that got ugly fast, all I can say is Delaware and Montana State should of been playing first round

Huh? Both of those teams did play in the first round. Both got blown out of the building by NDSU.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2018, 09:18 PM
The Battle for the Tundra

Annual Snowfall
Hamilton, NY 86 inches
Fargo, ND 50 inches

Average Annual High Temp
Norwich, NY (closest available data to Hamilton) 57.5 degrees
Fargo, ND 52.5

January Average High/Low
Hamilton, NY 29/12
Fargo, ND 18/0

All-Time Low Temp
Hamilton, NY -35 (January 1957)
Fargo, ND -38 (January 1982)

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2018, 09:28 PM
Huh? Both of those teams did play in the first round. Both got blown out of the building by NDSU.

Dewey

Im just saying based on similar blowouts Montana State versus Delaware would've made for a good first round match up

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 5th, 2018, 10:15 PM
North Dakota State's FCS Playoff record is 29-2....xlolx

Their two losses came against the eventual champs, EWU '10 and JMU in '16. So Colgate has that going for them...

dewey
December 5th, 2018, 10:29 PM
Im just saying based on similar blowouts Montana State versus Delaware would've made for a good first round match upAhhhhhh. Now I understand.

I think the Blue Hens would have won.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2018, 05:52 AM
North Dakota State's FCS Playoff record is 29-2....xlolx

Their two losses came against the eventual champs, EWU '10 and JMU in '16. So Colgate has that going for them...

How many rushing yards do both teams get in this game in your opinion?

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhhhhh. Now I understand.

I think the Blue Hens would have won.

Dewey

Toss up but probably right with UD winning.

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2018, 06:05 AM
How many rushing yards do both teams get in this game in your opinion?

- - - Updated - - -

Toss up but probably right with UD winning.

I still think NDSU rushes for 250-300 yards. Colgate looked vulnerable up the middle. They are going to have to either focus on stopping the run which opens up NDSU's passing game or if they try to stop that and force the running game thinking they'll stop that it's going to be a long day for them.

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Oh and it' also helps that NDSU has Easton who over the last several weeks hasn't had to do much running. I think Easton has a big game with his legs this weekend.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2018, 06:26 AM
I still think NDSU rushes for 250-300 yards. Colgate looked vulnerable up the middle. They are going to have to either focus on stopping the run which opens up NDSU's passing game or if they try to stop that and force the running game thinking they'll stop that it's going to be a long day for them.

I agree with this.

JMU averaged 5 yards/rush and went away from it...xdontknowx...no clue why.....NDSU will keep pounding them with power and they should. Make Colgate prove they can stop it. I don't think they can consistently for 4 quarters.

Unleash Stick also. If there is an opening, take it and run.

I still think this will be a rout but I'll give kudos to Colgate. Good defense but their offense is nothing the Bison cannot stop.

Bisonator
December 6th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Here's an unpopular opinion: based on what each team has done so far this year Colgate is about right on par with SDSU.

That may be proven untrue in the next two weeks but it may not be. Unless you base your opinion on the ultra-subjective eye test you'd have a hard time convincing me that there's a big gap between those two teams right now.
https://media1.tenor.com/images/395440a6aff8100d0f114c261694f332/tenor.gif?itemid=12101708

I suppose if you completely ignore SOS. xlolx

mango433
December 6th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Not sure if anyone listens to The Solid Verbal podcast but it’s a really good college football podcast, mainly on the FBS but they talk the Patriot League every week as well. Ty and Dan are going to be in Fargo and looking for places to tailgate Saturday morning. Hit them up on Twitter https://twitter.com/SolidVerbal

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2018, 09:59 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/395440a6aff8100d0f114c261694f332/tenor.gif?itemid=12101708

I suppose if you completely ignore SOS. xlolx
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/45/6e/3c/456e3cfa95555b319f54f6c8a46318b4.jpg

But honestly, I'm not sure why SDSU is put up on the pedestal that they are. Their best win is a poo-poo platter take your pick of a Troy Anderson-less Montana St team, Indiana St in OT, or an overmatched partial scholly Duquesne team that looked like they wanted to go home as soon as the snow started flying last Saturday in Brookings.

On the road their best win this year is over 5-5 (vs D1 competition) Illinois St, the 6th best team in the conference. They may be as good as most of you seem to think but I'm just saying the results on the field haven't exactly been all that stellar. We'll find out over the next 1 to 2 weeks which of us is right I guess.

Mfergy4
December 6th, 2018, 10:42 AM

Okay, finally got time to Watch the JMU/Colgate game. I saw that Colgate played a single High safety most of the time, no line substitutions, very few line stunts. Any time JMU ran up the middle the O-line man-handled the Colgate D-Line. What saved Colgate's butt was that JMU's QB couldn't hit the wide side of the frickin' Barn. JMU QB definitely NOT a starting QB in the MVFC. Linebackers quick and stay at home reading, very disciplined. Over all better than average tackling. Secondary, quick, but nothing outstanding that we have not seen before. I see our TE up the seam passing very successful or Backfield wheel routes working well.

Bison Defense I going to feast on the Colgate offense; both Tackles are slow...easy to beat with speed rush outside or a quick inside move. Colgate's QB wants to ride the football for along time reading on the option which I see getting blown up by the quickness of the our backside DE. QB has average accuracy, limited arm-strength, but nimble and fast on his feet. Very vanilla offense with little to no pre-snap motions, Bison D will be hiding a lot the Colgate QB can't read. The running back needs to be hit low, shoulder tackling will not do but touch his legs and he goes down now. Receivers corp, speedy but poor route runners and little better than average hands.

Overall take, this was not last years JMU team; Colgate Offense will be over-whelmed by Bison Defense; Colgate Defense will be a modest road block the first quarter and half, and then role over as we steam roll with power.

Bisonator
December 6th, 2018, 11:06 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/45/6e/3c/456e3cfa95555b319f54f6c8a46318b4.jpg

But honestly, I'm not sure why SDSU is put up on the pedestal that they are. Their best win is a poo-poo platter take your pick of a Troy Anderson-less Montana St team, Indiana St in OT, or an overmatched partial scholly Duquesne team that looked like they wanted to go home as soon as the snow started flying last Saturday in Brookings.

On the road their best win this year is over 5-5 (vs D1 competition) Illinois St, the 6th best team in the conference. They may be as good as most of you seem to think but I'm just saying the results on the field haven't exactly been all that stellar. We'll find out over the next 1 to 2 weeks which of us is right I guess.
Colgates opponents combined w/l record = 47-72, opponents avg Sagarine Ranking = 185, opponents avg Massey Ranking = 72
SDSU opponents combined w/l record = 64-62, opponents avg SR = 139, opponents avg MR = 34

Not saying SDSU should be on a pedestal but if you think they and Colgate are equals you are obviously not looking at who they have played.

I think SDSU could be 10-1 playing Colgates schedule. I'm not sure Colgate goes 8-2 playing SDSU's schedule.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Colgates opponents combined w/l record = 47-72, opponents avg Sagarine Ranking = 185, opponents avg Massey Ranking = 72
SDSU opponents combined w/l record = 64-62, opponents avg SR = 139, opponents avg MR = 34

Not saying SDSU should be on a pedestal but if you think they and Colgate are equals you are obviously not looking at who they have played.

I think SDSU could be 10-1 playing Colgates schedule. I'm not sure Colgate goes 8-2 playing SDSU's schedule.
And Colgate did what you'd expect a seeded team to do with that schedule. Honestly, I'd expect Colgate to beat UNI at the UNI-dome (this year at least).

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2018, 11:20 AM
And Colgate did what you'd expect a seeded team to do with that schedule. Honestly, I'd expect Colgate to beat UNI at the UNI-dome.

That's UNI though. They could lose at home to morningside and win on the road at Iowa State with as hot n cold as they've been known to play the game.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2018, 11:22 AM
That's UBI though. They could lose at home to morningside and win on the road at Iowa State with as hot n cold as they've been known to play the game.
This is also true.

Bisonator
December 6th, 2018, 11:33 AM
And Colgate did what you'd expect a seeded team to do with that schedule. Honestly, I'd expect Colgate to beat UNI at the UNI-dome (this year at least).
Lol I'd expect a lot more then just a seeded team to go 10-1 with that schedule.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Lol I'd expect a lot more then just a seeded team to go 10-1 with that schedule.
Would you expect them to not give up a TD for 2+ months on an average of 0.9 points allowed per game during that span?

Bisonator
December 6th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Would you expect them to not give up a TD for 2+ months on an average of 0.9 points allowed per game during that span?
Yes I would. Those teams are fricking awful! Come on PC you can't honestly believe they played quality teams outside of Army and JMU. And I'd even say JMU was a mediocre team this season.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Yes I would. Those teams are fricking awful! Come on PC you can't honestly believe they played quality teams outside of Army and JMU. And I'd even say JMU was a mediocre team this season.
Well, I honestly don't believe right now that there's a massive gap in overall quality between SDSU and Colgate so we'll just agree to disagree on that for now. It'll sort itself out over the next 2 weeks.

Bisonator
December 6th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Well, I honestly don't believe right now that there's a massive gap in overall quality between SDSU and Colgate so we'll just agree to disagree on that for now. It'll sort itself out over the next 2 weeks.
That didn't really answer the quality team thing and I'm not sure how the comparison between SDSU and Colgate even got started or how it will sort itself out but fair enough I guess.

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2018, 12:32 PM
That didn't really answer the quality team thing and I'm not sure how the comparison between SDSU and Colgate even got started or how it will sort itself out but fair enough I guess.
It was basically me just trying to rile up the masses of Bison fandom to get a little more interested in the game this Saturday. :)

Bisonator
December 6th, 2018, 12:36 PM
It was basically me just trying to rile up the masses of Bison fandom to get a little more interested in the game this Saturday. :)
How's that working for ya? xlolx

Lorne_Malvo
December 6th, 2018, 01:03 PM
I dont expect to see Stick run at all in the first half and maybe not in the second. Klieman will keep that in his pocket in case its needed, but with the lead NDSU will not risk injury to Stick.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2018, 02:17 PM

PC.....you believe that? I kind of threw up in my mouth a little reading that. SDSU would easily beat Colgate like the Bison will on Saturday.

AmsterBison
December 6th, 2018, 02:24 PM
Colgate v NDSU a "strength against strength" match up - so are Weber v Maine and EWU v UC Davis.

SDSU v Kennesaw State is the wildcard game - not much similar between the two teams.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2018, 02:30 PM
Colgate v NDSU a "strength against strength" match up - so are Weber v Maine and EWU v UC Davis.

SDSU v Kennesaw State is the wildcard game - not much similar between the two teams.

IMO, SDSU is going to win that game by 2 TDs a least. Roseboom will probably have 25 or more tackles.

KSU got pushed around by Wofford. SDSU is playing really well on offense and will move the ball easily IMO.

Kramden
December 6th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Good Luck to both Teams. I hope nobody on NDSU gets injured for their Semis and Finals. Colgate is a good team for their level and they would have to play their best game and The Bison their worst to have a puncher's chance. I hope they can keep their poise so not to turn this into a blowout the way many of these playoff games seems to become. NDSU-Colgate is Alabama against UCF or Boise State. What impresses me the most by the Bison is besides being super talented, they play with discipline and fundamentals. That is the death knell for Colgate. If they faced a super talented undisciplined team that took them lightly they might grind their way to victory. Hope it is entertaining.

TheValleyRaider
December 6th, 2018, 02:45 PM

The effort is appreciated :)

Like our team, Colgate fans are not easily riled, no matter how confident Bison fans are :D

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2018, 02:46 PM
PC.....you believe that? I kind of threw up in my mouth a little reading that. SDSU would easily beat Colgate like the Bison will on Saturday.
I do. I don't think SDSU is any better than the 4th best team in the country right now and I don't think Colgate is any worse than the 5th best team in the country right now. I think SDSU is getting propped up way too much by a moral victory in Fargo earlier this year. I also don't think Colgate is getting enough respect as a really good team. SDSU is a really good team too but I don't see them as anywhere near what NDSU is and I think there are a couple Big Sky teams on the other side of the bracket that are better as well. I still expect Colgate to lose by ~20 in Fargo and if SDSU was playing in Fargo this week I'd expect the same (maybe slightly less just due to their familiarity with NDSU and the Fargodome but still a 3 score margin).

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2018, 04:50 PM
https://twitter.com/ndsufootball/status/1070803821889110016

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2018, 05:02 PM
I do. I don't think SDSU is any better than the 4th best team in the country right now and I don't think Colgate is any worse than the 5th best team in the country right now. I think SDSU is getting propped up way too much by a moral victory in Fargo earlier this year. I also don't think Colgate is getting enough respect as a really good team. SDSU is a really good team too but I don't see them as anywhere near what NDSU is and I think there are a couple Big Sky teams on the other side of the bracket that are better as well. I still expect Colgate to lose by ~20 in Fargo and if SDSU was playing in Fargo this week I'd expect the same (maybe slightly less just due to their familiarity with NDSU and the Fargodome but still a 3 score margin).

why did the Colgate D give up 200 yards rushing to JMU? Or more than twice the season average allowed.......

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2018, 05:08 PM
why did the Colgate D give up 200 yards rushing to JMU? Or more than twice the season average allowed.......
Because JMU is a lot better than most, if not all, of the teams they've played so far this year and they let Dinucci get loose too much. They actually did a pretty decent job of corralling JMU's 3-headed backfield of RBs (122 yards on 28 carries - about 4.36 yards per carry).

Kramden
December 6th, 2018, 05:19 PM
also, a 3-4 defense requires a nose tackle , whom they lost in the Army game for the season. As Chuck Noll use to say defense is about your linebackers and your linebackers is about your nose tackle..

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Because JMU is a lot better than most, if not all, of the teams they've played so far this year and they let Dinucci get loose too much. They actually did a pretty decent job of corralling JMU's 3-headed backfield of RBs (122 yards on 28 carries - about 4.36 yards per carry).

exactly, and if they had to play more good teams? all of the sudden the D is not spectacular anymore, still pretty good though, Delaware played JMU running game stronger than Colgate.... Delaware Defense beat JMU up pretty good, Colgate had a week off to freshen up and it showed..

dewey
December 6th, 2018, 06:54 PM
Here is an article about the drop in attendance at NDSU even though they are on a historic run.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/929300-Bison-football-playoff-attendance-drop-disappointing

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2018, 07:30 PM

Personally, I thought SDSU should have been #2 or #3 in the seeds.

IMO, SDSU is the only team that can beat the Bison this year. They are solid on both sides of the ball. Like you said...familiarity.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is an article about the drop in attendance at NDSU even though they are on a historic run.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/929300-Bison-football-playoff-attendance-drop-disappointing

Dewey

You get your tickets yet?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2018, 07:34 PM
The Wedge's game preview from a PL perspective will be out by early tomorrow afternoon.

Is Colgate already in Fargo or are they leaving early tomorrow morning?

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2018, 08:11 PM
The Wedge's game preview from a PL perspective will be out by early tomorrow afternoon.

hope they can land safely, this was a picture of the charter on the approach to Fargo County Airporthttp://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29682&stc=1

- - - Updated - - -

hope they can land safely, this was a picture of the charter on the approach to Fargo County Airporthttp://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29682&stc=1

ST_Lawson
December 6th, 2018, 08:23 PM
The welcoming committee is here to show them the way to their hotel...
https://media.golfdigest.com/photos/5a2702e655bd861247f2f012/master/w_768,c_limit/luke-han-hoth.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Can we find the Fargodome in this crap?

xdontknowx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29683&stc=1

TheValleyRaider
December 6th, 2018, 08:43 PM
Probably left a few days ago. Weather's always a bit rough getting out of Hamilton, and it's a long road
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/53b6ec86e4b09a1fb529c6b8/t/554b2a72e4b02e2f9127ff28/1430989441787/

No_Skill
December 6th, 2018, 08:44 PM
The welcoming committee is here to show them the way to their hotel...
https://media.golfdigest.com/photos/5a2702e655bd861247f2f012/master/w_768,c_limit/luke-han-hoth.jpg

...and you thought the Fargodome smelled bad...on the outside.

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2018, 08:54 PM
I really think what's been missing is the weather war/dick measuring contest between Fargo and Hamilton..... xlolx

ST_Lawson
December 6th, 2018, 08:56 PM
I really think what's been missing is the weather war/dick measuring contest between Fargo and Hamilton..... xlolx

It's earlier in the thread, I think. Hamilton gets a bit more snow, Fargo is a bit colder.

cx500d
December 6th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Looks like the Colgate football team has arrived in Fargo...Here they are as they are arriving, being welcomed to their Yurts by the Colgate faithful.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KKPcG-KrO3Y/maxresdefault.jpg

X-Factor
December 6th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Oh and it' also helps that NDSU has Easton who over the last several weeks hasn't had to do much running. I think Easton has a big game with his legs this weekend.

I don’t think that will be the case. They won’t need him to run until the Semifinal. Bruce, Lance, Seth, Ty up the middle over and over

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2018, 09:14 PM
Early Bison fans before the snow hits: xlolx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29685&stc=1

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2018, 09:19 PM

Colgate actually puts up a pretty good fight in the battle of who's winter sucks more. This battle will likely prove to be more competitive than the one that takes place on the field.

Annual Snowfall
Hamilton, NY 86 inches
Fargo, ND 50 inches

Average Annual High Temp
Fargo, ND 52.5

January Average High/Low
Hamilton, NY 29/12
Fargo, ND 18/0

All-Time Low Temp

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2018, 09:21 PM
Colgate actually puts up a pretty good fight in the battle of who's winter sucks more. This battle will likely prove to be more competitive than the one that takes place on the field.

Annual Snowfall
Hamilton, NY 86 inches
Fargo, ND 50 inches

Average Annual High Temp
Fargo, ND 52.5

January Average High/Low
Hamilton, NY 29/12
Fargo, ND 18/0

All-Time Low Temp

Add the wind here and that makes it a real "joy" around here....xnodx

Wind chill here this morning was -26

Go...gate
December 6th, 2018, 09:28 PM
We get a little wind ourselves....

dewey
December 6th, 2018, 09:37 PM
Personally, I thought SDSU should have been #2 or #3 in the seeds.

IMO, SDSU is the only team that can beat the Bison this year. They are solid on both sides of the ball. Like you said...familiarity.

- - - Updated - - -

You get your tickets yet?

Unfortunately I cannot make it this week as the kids have activities down here and then Monster Jam that night.

I will be there for the semifinal and title games however.

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2018, 10:00 PM

Annual Snowfall
Hamilton, NY 86 inches
Fargo, ND 50 inches

Average Annual High Temp
Fargo, ND 52.5

January Average High/Low
Hamilton, NY 29/12
Fargo, ND 18/0

All-Time Low Temp

That was my point....its one of the few times Fargo has some competition in the "****ty" weather competition. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2018, 10:12 PM
Add the wind here and that makes it a real "joy" around here....xnodx

Wind chill here this morning was -26

The one thing that really sucks about winter in parts of the Northeast is the number of cloudy days. You can literally go a couple of weeks without seeing sunshine and blue sky but for a few minutes here and there. It definitely has a psychological effect on people. My experience growing up in mountainous/snowy Northeast PA definitely prepared me for winters in Montana. And to think, I nearly moved to Grand Forks for a bit. xlolx

TennBison
December 6th, 2018, 10:59 PM
We will get a little winded ourselves on Saturday....
Fixed it for you.

cx500d
December 6th, 2018, 11:32 PM
We get a little wind ourselves....

As the county's #1 grower of navy and pinto beans, we also have another type of gentle breeze

Lorne_Malvo
December 6th, 2018, 11:33 PM
The one thing that really sucks about winter in parts of the Northeast is the number of cloudy days. Clouds hold heat down. When it gets coldest here its usually a sunny clear day and cloudless night.

If you look outside in Fargo and see this, you know its time to bundle up

https://ourplnt.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Sundogs-Fargo-North-Dakota-1024x608.jpg

Schism55
December 7th, 2018, 01:48 AM
^^ Lorne got it right, no doubt.
I froze my nuggets off at many a playoff game at Dacotah field in the 80s/early 90s. Some so cold, Mom & Sis were in the car before the game started, lol :D

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2018, 05:19 AM
I don’t think that will be the case. They won’t need him to run until the Semifinal. Bruce, Lance, Seth, Ty up the middle over and over

I'm not saying he's running for over 100 yards but I am saying he makes crucial plays with his legs to keep drives going. I suspect it will happen several times if not more tomorrow.

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2018, 05:21 AM
The one thing that really sucks about winter in parts of the Northeast is the number of cloudy days. You can literally go a couple of weeks without seeing sunshine and blue sky but for a few minutes here and there. It definitely has a psychological effect on people. My experience growing up in mountainous/snowy Northeast PA definitely prepared me for winters in Montana. And to think, I nearly moved to Grand Forks for a bit. xlolx
Man you dodged a bullet there xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 05:59 AM
I'm not saying he's running for over 100 yards but I am saying he makes crucial plays with his legs to keep drives going. I suspect it will happen several times if not more tomorrow.

Yep....win or go home. Let ES move the chains with his legs.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 06:25 AM
That was my point....its one of the few times Fargo has some competition in the "****ty" weather competition. xlolx
At least they put up a better fight than those pansies from Iowa... :D

dewey
December 7th, 2018, 06:43 AM
Colgate looks like a beautiful campus from this article.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/928092-Set-in-stone-Colgate-one-of-the-most-beautiful-campuses-in-America

Dewey

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Colgate looks like a beautiful campus from this article.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/928092-Set-in-stone-Colgate-one-of-the-most-beautiful-campuses-in-America

Dewey

Yeah it is beautiful but with an ugly price tag to attend. Holy **** thanks but no thanks.

JacksFan40
December 7th, 2018, 08:34 AM
Clouds hold heat down. When it gets coldest here its usually a sunny clear day and cloudless night.

If you look outside in Fargo and see this, you know its time to bundle up

https://ourplnt.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Sundogs-Fargo-North-Dakota-1024x608.jpg
I knew a guy who served in the Air Force and did security at the Minot Missile Fields, to cut it short he said he’s never been more cold than during the winter there.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2018, 08:40 AM
Yeah it is beautiful but with an ugly price tag to attend. Holy **** thanks but no thanks.That's like a lifetime of beer or 4 years of education. So the school cost $280,000 before tuition. If you drank 2 cases of beer every week for 60 years at $20 a case you'd only hit $124,800 with a 7.5 tax rate you'd still only spend $134,160. So 2 people can drink for a lifetime and almost reach the amount of money it costs to attend Gate for a 4 year degree. Looks like I'm sticking to Michgolden Light!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

dewey
December 7th, 2018, 09:16 AM
That's like a lifetime of beer or 4 years of education. So the school cost $280,000 before tuition. If you drank 2 cases of beer every week for 60 years at $20 a case you'd only hit $124,800 with a 7.5 tax rate you'd still only spend $134,160. So 2 people can drink for a lifetime and almost reach the amount of money it costs to attend Gate for a 4 year degree. Looks like I'm sticking to Michgolden Light!

I love how you immediately referenced that cost in terms of beerxdrunkyx

Beautiful campus but boy that price tag is steep. Of course that tuition is before financial assistance.

Dewey

dewey
December 7th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Here is a link to the Bison 1660 2 hour show called The Insiders with NDSU play by play guy Jeff Culhane and Jeremy Jorgenson Assistant Director of Athletics - Strategic Partnerships.

They do a great job covering the Bison, obviously by the name, but also good talk on SDSU - Kennesaw State and Maine - Weber State....play the 6 December podcast.

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/sets/the-insiders

Dewey

TennBison
December 7th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Yeah it is beautiful but with an ugly price tag to attend. Holy **** thanks but no thanks.
Beauty is only skin deep, but expensive is to the bone.

TennBison
December 7th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Here is a link to the Bison 1660 2 hour show called The Insiders with NDSU play by play guy Jeff Culhane and Jeremy Jorgenson Assistant Director of Athletics - Strategic Partnerships.

They do a great job covering the Bison, obviously by the name, but also good talk on SDSU - Kennesaw State and Maine - Weber State....play the 6 December podcast.

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/sets/the-insiders

Dewey
We are lucky to have that radio show. They do a great job on all things Bison, but never forget they also do all the teams we are facing. Never seen or heard (get it , Heard) so much coverage of other teams with interviews of their ADs, Play by Play, coaches, players and so on. They really do a great job of covering the whole game and both sides of the Bison and whoever we are playing.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2018, 10:52 AM
New wrinkle added: http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-kansas-state-zeroing-chris-klieman/

My guess is the ink is already dry.

TheKingpin28
December 7th, 2018, 11:23 AM

Beautiful campus but boy that price tag is steep. Of course that tuition is before financial assistance.

DeweyWell, I mean we have been known as the drunkest city in America and we are THE best place to party and watch football, not necessarily in that order. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2018, 12:10 PM
The Wedge's take...

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/patriot-league-quarterfinal-playoff-preview-8-colgate-at-1-north-dakota-state/

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 02:25 PM
The Wedge's take...

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/patriot-league-quarterfinal-playoff-preview-8-colgate-at-1-north-dakota-state/

Good write up.

I just don't think Colgate's defense is going to hold up for the whole game.

Probably a few series for each feeling each other out then the Bison impose their will.

Bison cover the spread.

cx500d
December 7th, 2018, 03:06 PM
The Wedge's take...

I don’t think stick will be playing in the nfl next year....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2018, 03:14 PM
I don’t think stick will be playing in the nfl next year....

I bet he makes it to at least final cuts. Some one will take a flier on him. I could still see later rounds. All depends on how well he does against air...lol

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 03:19 PM
I'm on the fence with ES in the NFL. I initially thought he would never make it but I could see him getting drafted in the later rounds or getting a UDFA tryout.

cx500d
December 7th, 2018, 03:20 PM
I'm on the fence with ES in the NFL. I initially thought he would never make it but I could see him getting drafted in the later rounds or getting a UDFA tryout.
Udfa I wiuld agree with, but it probably doesn’t pan out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Udfa I wiuld agree with, but it probably doesn’t pan out.

He does make some bad throws sometimes...but I guess all good ones do.

It probably doesn't hurt either that he was under Carson Wentz here.

cx500d
December 7th, 2018, 05:03 PM
He does make some bad throws sometimes...but I guess all good ones do.

It probably doesn't hurt either that he was under Carson Wentz here.
He hasn’t had the best receiver corps either.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 05:09 PM
He hasn’t had the best receiver corps either.

No kidding.

Shepherd is good but inconsistent also. Cain was a total bust. Freeman is inconsistent. Watson is young.

Next year will be interesting because the WR position is wide open. A good true FR could come in and get a starting spot no problem IMO.

One bright spot is that the TE position is loaded next year. Maybe they become more of a threat in the passing game next year.

TheValleyRaider
December 7th, 2018, 05:38 PM
That's like a lifetime of beer or 4 years of education. So the school cost $280,000 before tuition. If you drank 2 cases of beer every week for 60 years at $20 a case you'd only hit $124,800 with a 7.5 tax rate you'd still only spend $134,160. So 2 people can drink for a lifetime and almost reach the amount of money it costs to attend Gate for a 4 year degree. Looks like I'm sticking to Michgolden Light!

Expensive yes, but you can also make a bunch of money afterwards xreadx: http://news.colgate.edu/2014/03/payscale-survey-ranks-colgate-highly-in-return-on-investment-alumni-salaries.html/

PayScale also examined salaries, and in that area Colgate was ranked 12th (http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report-2014/full-list-of-schools) among all universities and colleges included in the study, tied with Yale University.
Colgate alumni had a $51,800 average starting salary, and an average mid-career salary of $117,000, according to the survey.

I mean, not if you do something like going into teaching like me, but theoretically...

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2018, 05:59 PM
ladies and germs, this is the spoiled fanbase of undefeated North Dakota State cry me a river thread..... haha, I hate to see you guys when the Bison era is over

cx500d
December 7th, 2018, 06:01 PM
Expensive yes, but you can also make a bunch of money afterwards xreadx: http://news.colgate.edu/2014/03/payscale-survey-ranks-colgate-highly-in-return-on-investment-alumni-salaries.html/

I mean, not if you do something like going into teaching like me, but theoretically...

I never understood why people pay serious private school coin to become a teacher.

ndsu graduates a decent amount of engineers, pharmacists, chemists, etc., that make decent coin.

TheValleyRaider
December 7th, 2018, 07:09 PM
I never understood why people pay serious private school coin to become a teacher.

ndsu graduates a decent amount of engineers, pharmacists, chemists, etc., that make decent coin.

More to it than money.

Also, Colgate wasn't 60+ when I was there...

TennBison
December 7th, 2018, 07:40 PM
ladies and germs, this is the spoiled fanbase of undefeated North Dakota State cry me a river thread..... haha, I hate to see you guys when the Bison era is over
You keep saying stuff like that, yet, we are still here. Also funny how you guarantee in many games that the Bison will lose only to be wrong once again. You seem like the kind of person who when lightning finally does strike, is going to be beating his chest saying "I called it".

DFW HOYA
December 7th, 2018, 08:11 PM

Because a liberal arts education opens up a multitude of options up and down the pay scale.

Lorne_Malvo
December 7th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Because a liberal arts education opens up a multitude of options up and down the pay scale.

Mostly down but who cares as long as they can default on their student loans without any consequence and live in their parents basement.

ElCid
December 7th, 2018, 08:35 PM

Mostly down but who cares as long as they can default on their student loans without any consequence and live in their parents basement.

Hmmm, I have learned that it always depends on the person. A liberal arts degree is just fine unless you are a worthless POS. Then it just doesn't matter. Same goes for any degree really.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2018, 08:39 PM

Where is all the crying? Bigfoot tell you that?

Colgate will put up a better fight than Delaware did.

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 08:44 PM
Did I just see what I thought I seen on the tube?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Hopefully Gate83 and the rest of the traveling Raider faithful made it to Fargo safely!

It's going to be an early start tomorrow....

Bison56
December 7th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Hopefully Gate83 and the rest of the traveling Raider faithful made it to Fargo safely!

It's going to be an early start tomorrow....

ESPN just showed that Colgate is playing JMU.xconfusedx

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Yep, good news JMU fans your team is back in the tournament!

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4809/31285281687_6bad118bc0_k.jpg

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 7th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Yep, good news JMU fans your team is back in the tournament!

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4809/31285281687_6bad118bc0_k.jpg

What a bunch of morons!!

Glad I'm watching the Pennsylvania 5A State Title instead. I'll flip back over in a few...

Prime Power
December 7th, 2018, 08:59 PM

Who pissed in your cheerios....the Bison era has been going strong for 50 years, so don't hold your breath.

cx500d
December 8th, 2018, 12:44 AM
More to it than money.

Also, Colgate wasn't 60+ when I was there...
Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved to go to Colgate....it was way, way out of my price range, but even in the early 80s I knew about it and how beautiful the campus was... they didn’t offer an engineering degree though... My parents didn’t pay a dime for my education so I needed to fund it myself... I paid $244/quarter for as many credits as I could take, which included all the division II national champion football games I could attend although it was outside in those days, and managed to graduate with no debt... I’d say my ROI was pretty good.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2018, 05:04 AM
Quarterfinal Game Day for the Bison!

Challenge the OL to lean hard on Colgate's front 7.

Put the pedal down and keep it there.

Bison win big!!

GO BISON!!

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2018, 05:05 AM
You keep saying stuff like that, yet, we are still here. Also funny how you guarantee in many games that the Bison will lose only to be wrong once again. You seem like the kind of person who when lightning finally does strike, is going to be beating his chest saying "I called it".

Ive picked the Bison to win every game for years, take a harder look

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2018, 05:22 AM
Ive picked the Bison to win every game for years, take a harder look

You have Colgate in this one.

Why do you think Colgate wins this one?

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2018, 05:35 AM
Very impressed with the Colgate D yesterday, but you know what, Delaware D played just as well against JMU last week (didn't get the TO'S though) , Delaware just had no chance to score points

that Delaware D did not fare well at all in Frisco....

38-7 Bison

well where it counts for something, I pick the Bison! Let's not be silly now

TheValleyRaider
December 8th, 2018, 06:00 AM
Wake up, it's gameday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1qxjpHItZc

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2018, 06:28 AM
Wake up, it's gameday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1qxjpHItZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNv5sPu0C1E

:D

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2018, 06:57 AM

.......AT JAMES MADISON.....DIS TIME..............AWK!

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2018, 07:59 AM
At my hotel in Minneapolis, I just saw a guy wearing a Montana St hoodie and his wife wearing an Iowa shirt. Neither could look me and my Bison pullover in the eye, cowards. I take all this as a good omen. Bison 27 Gate13

NDSUtk
December 8th, 2018, 08:04 AM
Colgate fans made it over by 8 am! Good to welcome them to the tent.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/00a3bc181c2def74065abbcaf1aa124b.jpg

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 08:30 AM
Game day is here!

Go Bison!

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/df2241e2a999a58aaf6ad8cbf7a5aae8.jpg

Pard4Life
December 8th, 2018, 10:13 AM
Colgate... may the Force be with you!

CappinHard
December 8th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Let's go Gate. Shock the world.

Pard4Life
December 8th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Since Luke was able to destroy the Death Star, Colgate has a shot in Fargo...

SoDakSA
December 8th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Since Luke was able to destroy the Death Star, Colgate has a shot in Fargo...

If Lyle Lovett was able to marry Julia Roberts, Colgate has a shot at the Bison

ColgateTD
December 8th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Good to see those die hard Colgate fans at the tailgate. Good luck to the Red Raiders!! 30 minutes to kickoff.....

MR. CHICKEN
December 8th, 2018, 10:36 AM
....POPCORN READY.....xpopcornx.....BREWSKI UH CHILLIN'.......xbeerchugx......GUESS AH'LL RAKE LEAVES....END UH FIRST QUARTERAH.....xnodx....BRAWK!

RichH2
December 8th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Best luck today Gate. Give'em a game they'll remember.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2018, 10:41 AM
Bison roll today 38-10!

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Bison roll today 38-10!

That is my prediction as well. Go Bison!

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Been looking forward to this game since I walked out of Any Kerr Stadium last Saturday!

Go 'Gate!!

SeattleBobcat
December 8th, 2018, 10:51 AM
I'm rooting for Colgate, probably like most FCS fans, but NDSU is going to be too much. The Bison are so good on both sides of the ball, they exploit any weakness your team has no matter where. Go Red Raiders but I see this 49-21 Bison. plus Charles Barkley is picking NDSU.

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Reece Davis picked Colgate but everyone else picked North Dakota State University.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/2528cd90e655378f9064fa8388251d95.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/ca67b15c631981e04a288a3e0f7a406a.jpg

KPSUL
December 8th, 2018, 10:55 AM
11:55 EST, time to tune the TV to ESPN and watch another in a long line of playoff opponents get traumatized in the Fargo Dome.

SeattleBobcat
December 8th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Reece Davis picked Colgate but everyone else picked North Dakota State University.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/2528cd90e655378f9064fa8388251d95.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/ca67b15c631981e04a288a3e0f7a406a.jpg

Christ almighty man is your man-cave really bison yellow?

Bisonwinagn
December 8th, 2018, 10:57 AM
I see no way for Colgate to score. 31-3 Bison. Wouldn't be surprised to be close in the first half.

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Christ almighty man is your man-cave really bison yellow?

Not exactly Bison yellow but yellow nonetheless.

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/6798796ba3d0527e219f40c3042d3180.jpg

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 11:00 AM
The Fighting Bison?????? Fire that guy!

TheValleyRaider
December 8th, 2018, 11:05 AM
And here we go

Colgate 0
North Dakota State 0
15:00 1st

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 11:10 AM
Terrible decision

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 11:13 AM
TD Bison!!!

Thumper 76
Well this isn’t a great start for Gate

Lorne_Malvo
That was too easy.

TheValleyRaider
December 8th, 2018, 11:14 AM
Couple of big plays capped off by Anderson's run, Bison strike first

7-0 NDSU
9:14 1st

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Touchdown Bison!

That looked easy.

Dewey

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2018, 11:15 AM
NDSU’s O line are just mauling ’Gate on the 1st drive

SeattleBobcat
December 8th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Not exactly Bison yellow but yellow nonetheless.

Dewey

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/6798796ba3d0527e219f40c3042d3180.jpg

Nice Digs! It actually looks really good with all your Bison stuff.

F'N Hawks
December 8th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Holy **** Colgate. That was some of the worst gap/edge integrity I have seen.

KPSUL
What time does the SDSU @ Kennesaw game start ?

SeattleBobcat
Boy I thought the Bison Exploited our D last week, man they made that look easy.

semobison
96 quick yards! Starting where we left off last week.

dewey
Nice Digs! It actually looks really good with all your Bison stuff.Thanks. That is just one wall....there are more😁

Dewey

ColgateTD
Couple of big plays capped off by Anderson's run, Bison strike first

7-0 NDSU
9:14 1st

uh-oh

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 11:18 AM
Respect Colgate for committing to the rush. They are not panicking.

kdinva
December 8th, 2018, 11:20 AM
What time does the SDSU @ Kennesaw game start ?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/scoreboard/_/group/81/year/2018/seasontype/2/week/15

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Damn this game is early!!!!

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Holy **** Colgate. That was some of the worst gap/edge integrity I have seen.
Did you watch the MSU NDSU game last weekend.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2018, 11:23 AM
It’s silly to say the 2nd drive of the game is due or die, but man does it have that feeling for Colgate

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 11:24 AM
Looked like a catch to me.

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 11:24 AM
I'm saying it's a catch

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Oh man that’s close, if it was called a catch I’d think it would stand, but not sure they will over turn that

dewey
That is a catch! If they say that wasnt conclusive enough I dont know what else they need.

Great catch!

Dewey

ColgateTD
His knee was diwn at the 1

Lorne_Malvo
Hard to overturn that.

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 11:26 AM
That’s a catch. I hate football if it isn’t.

Bison56
His knee was diwn at the 1

Its its overturned yes he was down.

caribbeanhen
listening to the Colgate radio broadcast...... wow..... I think I hear Mr. Rogers music in the background....

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2018, 11:27 AM
That last angle, sure looked like freeman had the arm under it. Replays are always iffy

- - - Updated - - -

Hell of an effort by Freeman

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 8th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Hit ground first IMO..was pretty

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Bad call. He had clear control.

Dewey

Redfield10
December 8th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Bison got screwed on the incomplete pass call.

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Big stop by Colgate.

Dewey

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2018, 11:30 AM
That was a catch initially and it was after the replay.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Redfield10

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Colgate could finish in the top 6 in the Missouri Valley.

Drblankstare
Big stop by Colgate.

Dewey

Yeah they had to have it, gives them a chance to breath

Da Herd
I think it was a catch. Tough call both on the live play and having indisputable evidence to overturn.

POD Knows
Yep. BS. But I didn’t have the best angle. And then they go three and out. That was huge for Colgate. ****

dewey
Nice punt and coverage. Questionable decision to catch and try to return that ball.

Dewey

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Watching it livestream now...hey we were tied after 1 with NDSU 0-0 lol

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2018, 11:32 AM
This game is over. Colgate playing scared. They were way more aggressively last week. That teamed with NDSU running the plays I wish JMU would have. The whole Mike Houston distraction pisses me off so much more now. Oh well.Wait?

You lost last weekend?

Huh, if it mattered I am sure the rest of the country would have known

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Nice stop by the Bison D, should start around the 50.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Bison D looking beastly.

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Look at the picture of the student section.

Disappointing.

Deweyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181208/361353499da366a29853a63569b2ebf9.jpg

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Heads up play on the jump. Nice.

Bison56
December 8th, 2018, 11:37 AM
You mad coach? xlolx

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Bad throw by Stick. NDSU should punt and let the defense destro them.

Dewey

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Punt and then give up a decent sized play. ****ing waste.

TheValleyRaider
Raiders pick up the 1st as the clock expires. Defense has done a better job after the first drive, but need to find some space on offense and pick up a few first downs.

Colgate 0
North Dakota State 7
End 1st

ColgateTD
Staying in the game after 1Q. Nice pass play to Rockett.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2018, 11:42 AM
Colgate defense has looked much more comfortable after that initial bloody nose. Still got us a game.

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Glad Gate hasn’t folded after that first drive.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Pretty sure that hit the ground

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Nice interception by Bemidji native James Hendricks.

Dewey

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 11:47 AM
If that INT counts and the big catch before didn’t then I hate football.

Drblankstare
Of course I thought Freeman made the catch, so what i hell do I know

dewey
Glad Gate hasn’t folded after that first drive.

Agreed. The first drive was a hot knife through butter. They have played well since.

Dewey

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 11:48 AM
If that INT counts and the big catch before didn’t then I hate football.

Thought you hated football after the first one anyways xlolx

Pards Rule
I didnt see Freeman catch but this was NOT an INT...bobbled and no control, hit ground

Redfield10
I don't think Colgate is going to score. Can't believe how weak some of these conferences are.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2018, 11:49 AM
JFC. Are we going to get ass ****ed again.

Bison56
Yawn

dewey
Does this one all come down to the call on the field? That one looks like it was moving a little bit.

Dewey

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2018, 11:50 AM
I don’t know, if they didn’t overturn the previous review, not sure you can on that either

gsf23nd
December 8th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Replay official looking awfully hard for a reason to overturn this...I mean if they have to take this long how can you say it was conclusive?

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2018, 11:51 AM
Jesus Christ just make a call already, let’s go

mmiller_34
Thought you hated football after the first one anyways xlolx

https://i.giphy.com/media/BmmfETghGOPrW/giphy.gif

ColgateTD
Grass caused the supposed catch....no catch.

dewey
Jesus Christ just make a call already, let’s go

No kidding. Make a decision and let's go.

Dewey

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Just short of 6 minutes for the review.

BisonHype!
December 8th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Right call perhaps on that one, but Dallas Freeman caught that ball on the previous review.

Bison56
Stupid penalty

ALPHAGRIZ1
That wasn't an INT

Prime Power
December 8th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Are these the same stupid ****ing refs from last night?

Drblankstare
Always a flag on punts always

dewey
NDSU needs to get some points on this drive.

Dewey

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Anyone else see that Colgate OL with that nice cheap shot at the end of the punt return?

dewey
December 8th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Anyone else see that Colgate OL with that nice cheap shot at the end of the punt return?

Yep.

Dewey

BisonHype!
December 8th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Yes, but of course no call.

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 11:57 AM
Yes, but of course no call.

It was not that bad, just a little shove. No big deal.

Bison56
Zone read after zone read xrotatehx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Home from the gym. Game has had a similar start to last week's contest against JMU. I still think NDSU can beat 'Gate over the top.

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2018, 11:58 AM
If Colgate thinks they’re going to win by playing it safe.......this giving up on 3rd and long they’re doing is dumb as hell. They’re playing to not get blown out instead of playing to win.

Milkman
December 8th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Honest question had it been called would they have been offsetting or 15 yrds from where the ball was spotted after the block in the back since it was after the play? Sorry Im not an elite football mind.

BisonHype!
December 8th, 2018, 11:59 AM

It was not that bad, just a little shove. No big deal.

Right. I suppose I am still a little hot on that great effort CATCH that was called incomplete. Incredible effort and great hands Dallas.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2018, 12:00 PM
If Colgate thinks they’re going to win by playing it safe.......this giving up on 3rd and long they’re doing is dumb as hell. They’re playing to not get blown out instead of playing to win.

Colgate runs a simple offense. This is what they do.

Lorne_Malvo
December 8th, 2018, 12:01 PM
NDSU offense needs to wake up.

Bison56
These have to be the same refs as last night, this game is going to take 6 hours.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Huge turnover!!

Drblankstare
What the ****

Pards Rule
Muffed punt by Gate!

Schism55
One sided much Refs?? WTF

Lorne_Malvo
Its a ****ing joke.

JimmyJack
December 8th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Pet peeve: Announcers who call North Dakota State "North Dakota" and South Dakota State "South Dakota" or "San Diego State." Seriously. Penn State and Penn are not the same. Nor are Ohio State and Ohio.

gsf23nd
Jesus christ what horse**** officiating..

Thumper 76
Colgate runs a simple offense. This is what they do.

So they always do give up run plays on 3rd and long?

dewey
Bull sh+t call. No one was next to him.

Dewey

POD Knows
Got ****ing screwed. JFC.

Thumper 76
That’s a poor call