PDA

View Full Version : Wofford @ Kennesaw

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 05:45 PM
Yep and that's the same year we spanked Furman at their place!

That is actually the game I sat up and noticed KSU.

FUBeAR
November 28th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Speaking of academics, this thread is about Wofford & Kennesaw. Let’s get back on track.

What sort of challenges do those Teams face, respectively, in that regard?

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Yep and that's the same year we spanked Furman at their place!Yes Furman that finished 3-8 and whose coach resigned and finish in the bottom 3 of the socon. Congrats!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KSUFAN
November 28th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Yes Furman that finished 3-8 and whose coach resigned and finish in the bottom 3 of the socon. Congrats!

Yep that's the Furman team that it took Wofford scoring a last minute touchdown to win.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Yep that's the Furman team that it took Wofford scoring a last minute touchdown to win.Don't feel too bad. We've beaten their conference champions 5 times in the past 6 years and they try to play that off too.

After you guys beat Wofford you'll see.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Yep that's the Furman team that it took Wofford scoring a last minute touchdown to win.We always struggle in Greenville ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ only won like 3 games there in the last 12 no matter the quality of team.

The fact that we won probably shows you how bad Furman was.

Meanwhile, the Big South was still an abortion and it's more of one now than it was then. You can fight this as much as you want but Kennesaw probably plays in the worst D1 conference that has full scholarship allotment

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2018, 06:57 PM
And in 2016 ETSU was the Socon whipping boy (other than Samford and WCU for some reason). Against Wofford they didn't even cross the 50 yard line, and Wofford was just getting back to being a good program (hadn't made the playoffs in the previous 3 years).

Kennesaw finished 8-3 in the Big South that year.

That reality lines my outlook on that conference. Charleston Southern played us tough that year, yes, but when a second year program can go 8-3 and finish second (?) that is bad.

I didn’t think we were good until we beat Montana State in the snow last year, which even then we weren’t that impressive with stats. In fairness to the 2016 ETSU game, we’ve lost our opening game to inferior teams 3 years in a row now. I think ETSU improved more 2015-2016 than KSU did but I do believe KSU has improved much more from 2016 to 2018 than ETSU. Maybe Saturday will confirm that.... or prove it completely false ha.

KSUFAN
November 28th, 2018, 06:59 PM
We always struggle in Greenville ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ only won like 3 games there in the last 12 no matter the quality of team.

The fact that we won probably shows you how bad Furman was.

Meanwhile, the Big South was still an abortion and it's more of one now than it was then. You can fight this as much as you want but Kennesaw probably plays in the worst D1 conference that has full scholarship allotment

Nobody is saying the Big South is a strong conference. I think it's funny how hard you try and sell everyone how Great the SoCon is! As bad as the Big South is we still have a winning record against the all mighty SoCon! Evidently the SoCon isn't that great if a 4 year program can win that conference!

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 07:02 PM
Nobody is saying the Big South is a strong conference. I think it's funny how hard you try and sell everyone how Great the SoCon is! As bad as the Big South is we still have a winning record against the all mighty SoCon! Evidently the SoCon isn't that great if a 4 year program can win that conference!Funny how you say that when you have yet to play a socon champion. You beat a first year program, a struggling program, and Samford twice.

So basically, you've matched the accomplishments of Mercer and Western Carolina. Congrats!

KSUFAN
November 28th, 2018, 07:07 PM
Funny how you say that when you have yet to play a socon champion. You beat a first year program, a struggling program, and Samford three times.

So basically, you've matched the accomplishments of Mercer and Western Carolina. Congrats!

And to to think you are traveling to a 4 year program, that plays in a terrible conference, that you say is on par with Mercer and Western Carolina as an underdog! Congrats!

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 07:07 PM
And to to think you are traveling to a 4 year program, that plays in a terrible conference, that you say is on par with Mercer and Western Carolina as an underdog! Congrats!Yeah, it's not the first time the committee messed up a seeding

BurialGround
November 28th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Funny how you say that when you have yet to play a socon champion. You beat a first year program, a struggling program, and Samford twice.

So? Go back a year, and you'll see that most SoCon guys were saying Samford was the best team in the SoCon, and that KSU fans were delusional to think their crappy Big South team could beat the "best" team in the SoCon.

Seriously, go back a year and you can read those posts. Hilariously, some of the SoCon guys in this thread are among those that I'm talking about. Of course, that tune shifted after the game.

Everything you and the SoCon faithful are saying now about the Big South was said last year before our two-score win over Sammy. It'll be interesting to see if the result is different this time around.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 07:29 PM
So? Go back a year, and you'll see that most SoCon guys were saying Samford was the best team in the SoCon, and that KSU fans were delusional to think their crappy Big South team could beat the "best" team in the SoCon.

Seriously, go back a year and you can read those posts. Hilariously, some of the SoCon guys in this thread are among those that I'm talking about. Of course, that tune shifted after the game.

Everything you and the SoCon faithful are saying now about the Big South was said last year before our two-score win over Sammy. It'll be interesting to see if the result is different this time around.Everyone in the socon thinks Samford is painfully inconsistent and if you believe otherwise you're making things up.

Birdman_
November 28th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Long story short: last time they played KSU lost. KSU doesn't lose (or play close games) often because of their weak conference so their fans view every one that does as a rival, at least subconsciously.

Not it at all. On the football field, they're just another team. We've beaten them, and they've beaten us - that's just the way football goes. I can't speak for others, but the only time I've ever really ever paid attention to ETSU was when we were starting up our football programs and we both recruited the same guys. We aren't in the same conference, we've played a couple times, and while they seriously improved this year (and kudos to them), the us versus them mentality doesn't really matter from either perspective because both programs are only 4/5 years old. I get excited when we play established teams because we have an opportunity to make a statement. Both KSU and ETSU are building on wet cement, so all the chirping some are doing is absolutely pointless. With all of that said, the only thing that's ever bugged me about ETSU was that weird pitch they made for Gameday a couple weeks ago - it was incredibly misguided. Other than that, it's all pointless.

And for the record, the only teams I consider "rivals" for KSU at this point are Monmouth and CSU, and even those don't feel like true rivals because of geography in the case of Monmouth and CSU's recent decline that looks like it will have a lasting impact on the program. CSU gave us serious issues in prior years, and we have faced Monmouth in the conference championship each of the last two years. Since we've played both JSU and Samford a couple years in a row, I would love to say that those could turn into something eventually, however we're in difference conferences, and we aren't scheduled to play each other in the next couple of years. I've particularly enjoyed when we've played JSU though. From my experience, both fan bases are welcoming, and the games have been incredibly close. Would love to run into JSU regularly in the playoffs so we can create a great local rivalry.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 07:37 PM
How can Monmouth be a rival if you've never had a game closer than 10 points and you've never lost?

(I'm joking, but Monmouth is nowhere near as good as their record of the last couple years indicates)

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2018, 07:47 PM
How can Monmouth be a rival if you've never had a game closer than 10 points and you've never lost?

(I'm joking, but Monmouth is nowhere near as good as their record of the last couple years indicates)

We agree that Monmouth isn’t as good as their record. They are a true example of what a mediocre team can do in the Big South. KSU is a good team that happens to play in the Big South. It’s easy for casual observers to assume KSU is mediocre because of the Big South.

Saturday will be close, which I think proves KSU and Wofford are both good teams. KSU winning would prove that we are as good as anyone in the SoCon and truly a top 10 team.

Birdman_
November 28th, 2018, 07:51 PM

Totally agree, however I'd rather claim to be rivals with a conference foe than foolishly say that because we've played JSU and Samford twice and they aren't far from us, they're rivals.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Don't feel too bad. We've beaten their conference champions 5 times in the past 6 years and they try to play that off too.

While technically correct, it is a bit misleading. Just for accuracy and clarification.....

2013, you beat Samford who was a co champ, in the playoffs. You didn't play Furman who was the auto bid.
2014, you beat UTC, who ended up the champs and auto bid, in OT in game 2 of the season. You did not not meet in the playoffs.
2015, you beat UTC, who was co champ and auto bid, in the regular season, and then in the payoffs in OT
2016, you did not play the SOCON champ
2017, you did not play the SOCON champ
2018, you beat ETSU, who was co champ in the playoffs

So you did beat teams that were at least a co-champ 5 times in the season they were a champ (UTC twice in the same season), but only twice was it the auto bid (UTC both times). Again, while you were technically correct, just for accuracy and clarification, you beat the champion or co champion in 4 of 6 years. You guys were doing very well back in 13 and 15 no doubt. Maybe this year as well. We will see.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 08:05 PM

Oh you mean our resident schizophrenic team. Oh them. LOL. Samford is a very good team poorly coached. They should have been the best, but obviously were not seeing that they have not won a championship since 2013. But I fear they are destined for the dumper for a couple years without their golden boy. You know, that guy who is the leading passer in FCS history? But who knows.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 08:11 PM
We agree that Monmouth isn’t as good as their record. They are a true example of what a mediocre team can do in the Big South. KSU is a good team that happens to play in the Big South. It’s easy for casual observers to assume KSU is mediocre because of the Big South.

Saturday will be close, which I think proves KSU and Wofford are both good teams. KSU winning would prove that we are as good as anyone in the SoCon and truly a top 10 team.I agree 100%

But the reason why people think Monmouth is bad is because they have lost every game against a top 25 team by 40.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 08:11 PM
Totally agree, however I'd rather claim to be rivals with a conference foe than foolishly say that because we've played JSU and Samford twice and they aren't far from us, they're rivals.Jacksonville state and Kennesaw state join the socon.

Problem solved.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Jacksonville state and Kennesaw state join the socon.

Problem solved.

It would be nice to have some real talent in the socon for once. It's embarrassing how far the league has fallen.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 08:17 PM
It's odd that when you point out a top team in the SoCon got beat (or even blown out) by Samford it's because they were hot, but when they get beat they were cold in their OOC losses but back to being the New England Patriots in their conference losses.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 08:20 PM
It's odd that when you point out a top team in the SoCon got beat (or even blown out) by Samford it's because they were hot, but when they get beat they were cold in their OOC losses but back to being the New England Patriots in their conference losses.

Oh come on, even you can see how inconsistent they have been over the last few years. They are not normal.xrotatehx

Birdman_
November 28th, 2018, 08:21 PM

Problem solved.

Myself and many others desperately wanted to be part of the SoCon from the very start, and was very disappointed when we joined the not so Big South. If I recall correctly (and I may be mistaken), after GSU and App State went FBS, they wanted to avoid adding large, public universities and favored schools that were more comparable to the remaining members (hence the addition of Mercer and ETSU).

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 08:22 PM

Problem solved.

Not sure that is going to happen. I just don't see JSU ever being invited in the near future. I need to do some more research on KSU. Not sure about them either, but I have a feeling they have a better chance.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Not sure that is going to happen. I just don't see JSU ever being invited in the near future. I need to do some more research on KSU. Not sure about them either, but I have a feeling they have a better chance.

I think both teams are stuck where they are for the foreseeable future and the chance of anything happening isn't even worth the discussion.

I'm sure the SoCon doesn't want us spanking them yearly anyway. After all, they just got rid of GaSo and App.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 08:30 PM

KSU's traditional rival in other sports is Mercer, so i guess it would be a natural fit. KSU has a 5 year contract with the Big south that ends after the 2019 football season. It will be interesting to see if KSU moves all sports to the socon.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 08:31 PM
I think both teams are stuck where they are for the foreseeable future and the chance of anything happening isn't even worth the discussion.

I'm sure the SoCon doesn't want us spanking them yearly anyway. After all, they just got rid of GaSo and App.

Well we would have to expand a lot. We would become like the Big Sky or CAA and have champions not play some of the best teams in the conf.

UpstateBison
November 28th, 2018, 08:31 PM
While technically correct, it is a bit misleading. Just for accuracy and clarification.....

2013, you beat Samford who was a co champ, in the playoffs. You didn't play Furman who was the auto bid.
2014, you beat UTC, who ended up the champs and auto bid, in OT in game 2 of the season. You did not not meet in the playoffs.
2015, you beat UTC, who was co champ and auto bid, in the regular season, and then in the payoffs in OT
2016, you did not play the SOCON champ
2017, you did not play the SOCON champ
2018, you beat ETSU, who was co champ in the playoffs

So you did beat teams that were at least a co-champ 5 times in the season they were a champ (UTC twice in the same season), but only twice was it the auto bid (UTC both times). Again, while you were technically correct, just for accuracy and clarification, you beat the champion or co champion in 4 of 6 years. You guys were doing very well back in 13 and 15 no doubt. Maybe this year as well. We will see.

How is technically correct different than correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 08:34 PM

It was just misleading. He did say times beaten and not years beaten so it was more of a clarification.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 08:35 PM
Well we would have to expand a lot. We would become like the Big Sky or CAA and have champions not play some of the best teams in the conf.I had a post somewhere a while back for a new two division OVC that was pretty lit but I can't remember where I stashed it.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 08:36 PM
I had a post somewhere a while back for a new two division OVC that was pretty lit but I can't remember where I stashed it.

I've actually been sitting on a new SOCON with two divisions. But we poach some CAA teams to get there. I will dig mine up. I might find room for KSU and or JSU.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 08:37 PM
It's odd that when you point out a top team in the SoCon got beat (or even blown out) by Samford it's because they were hot, but when they get beat they were cold in their OOC losses but back to being the New England Patriots in their conference losses.If I could explain to you why Samford is the way they were, I would make a lot of money in Vegas.

The only OOC loss(es) they have in the last 3 years is KSU and Youngstown State. In 2016 they beat Central Arkansas (I think a playoff team) and lost to ETSU (who was very bad)

Similarly, it's not a matter of scheme, the citadel has more success against Samford than Wofford does. It really is an enigma. Maybe there's a pattern I'm not seeing, but I don't know so I just say Samford is inconsistent.

Maybe it's Wofford who can't beat Samford and everything makes sense if you take us out of the equation. I don't know.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 08:38 PM
I had a post somewhere a while back for a new two division OVC that was pretty lit but I can't remember where I stashed it.

Can there be a conference championship game in the fcs?

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 08:38 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThere's a Futurama quote for this

UpstateBison
November 28th, 2018, 08:39 PM
It was just misleading. He did say times beaten and not years beaten so it was more of a clarification.

I know just messing with you. I hope to see either KSU or Wofford in Fargo for the semifinal. It would mean either team beat SDSU.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 08:40 PM
I know just messing with you. I hope to see either KSU or Wofford in Fargo for the semifinal. It would mean either team beat SDSU.

Be careful what you wish for...

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 08:41 PM
Also socon with 2 divisions and 12 teams (if anything just for scheduling) would be great. Put the Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia teams on one side, and the Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina in the other. Add Campbell. Rotate the schedules like the SEC did when they were 10. BOOM.

There's no aversion to adding big public schools in the socon. If it were the case we would probably have added Campbell instead if ETSU.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 08:41 PM
Be careful what you wish for...Nope I'm pretty confident in saying KSU or Wofford would be lucky to keep a game with NDSU to two scores.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 08:46 PM
It would be nice to have some real talent in the socon for once. It's embarrassing how far the league has fallen.As far as the league has fallen, there are still 6 teams with a playoff berth and 4 with a win. The win number is more than all but 2 conferences.

Heck, Chattanooga and Wofford have done more in last 5 years or so than any of the current members have ever done.

Saying the socon is down is a fun throw away line for people who want to talk up their fourth place sorry as **** team in the MVFC/CAA or if you play in a league that has never been deep like the Southland, OVC, or Big South.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 08:48 PM
Nope I'm pretty confident in saying KSU or Wofford would be lucky to keep a game with NDSU to two scores.

speak for yourself. KSU is the program to finally give the Bison a challenge. NDSU's dynasty will fall to the next southern power in the FCS.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 08:49 PM
I've actually been sitting on a new SOCON with two divisions. But we poach some CAA teams to get there. I will dig mine up. I might find room for KSU and or JSU.Two Division OVC:
North:
EKU
EIU
Murray
SEMO
Youngstown State
NC A&T

South:
Jax State
UNA
Kennesaw
UTM
APSU
TTU
TSU

We would get UNA because they like us. KSU would come because the Big South is ass and they wouldn't have to play in the A-Sun. With UND coming in, booting YSU probably wouldn't make a difference, plus the travel in that pod would be much better than it is now in the MVFC/Horizon. Having UTM, APSU, TTU, and TSU together keeps the Sgt. York series going and NC A&T sets up an cross-divisional rivalry with TSU. Plus, if NC A&T actually wants a shot to win a national title like they claim they want to they need to tell the MEAC to go kick rocks.

It's far-fetched, yeah. But it'd be cool.

Birdman_
November 28th, 2018, 08:50 PM
speak for yourself. KSU is the program to finally give the Bison a challenge. NDSU's dynasty will fall to the next southern power in the FCS.

C'mon man. So cringy.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 08:50 PM
speak for yourself. KSU is the program to finally give the Bison a challenge. NDSU's dynasty will fall to the next southern power in the FCS.You guys lost to the team that got throttled by like 40 to them.

This is what I'm talking about when I say you guys have an over inflated sense of accomplishment and invincibility. You made the quarterfinals once. My team has made the field of 8 6 of 8 times with this year pending. And some of those teams were flawed. It's not nothing, but doing it just once does not make you the next coming.

Heck, having done that and seeing how good NDSU is, I think this is the best team we've fielded in the last few years and yet this is the last game I feel confident we can win.

The more you're in the playoffs, the less confident you get in winning every game. It's a lesson everyone learns and KSU has not yet.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 08:53 PM
speak for yourself. KSU is the program to finally give the Bison a challenge. NDSU's dynasty will fall to the next southern power in the FCS.You remind me a lot of me in 2015.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 08:56 PM
You guys lost to the team that got throttled by like 40 to them.

This is what I'm talking about when I say you guys have an over inflated sense of accomplishment and invincibility. You made the quarterfinals once.

In our first year of playoff eligibility...

KSU actually is 2 wins away from tying the record for wins in the first four years of football. ODU has 38 wins, KSU has 36. The Owls have won 21 out of our last 23 games. So yeah, we're pretty good at this football thing.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Can there be a conference championship game in the fcs?

Don't think so due to playoffs. So Divisions is probably not an option, but fun to puzzle over in any event.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Also socon with 2 divisions and 12 teams (if anything just for scheduling) would be great. Put the Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia teams on one side, and the Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina in the other. Add Campbell. Rotate the schedules like the SEC did when they were 10. BOOM.

There's no aversion to adding big public schools in the socon. If it were the case we would probably have added Campbell instead if ETSU.

That's exactly what I am looking at 5 games in division and rotating 3 in other division. so still 8.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Don't think so due to playoffs. So Divisions is probably not an option, but fun to puzzle over in any event.The SWAC has divisons.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 08:59 PM
In our first year of playoff eligibility...

KSU actually is 2 wins away from tying the record for wins in the first four years of football. ODU has 38 wins, KSU has 36. The Owls have won 21 out of our last 23 games. So yeah, we're pretty good at this football thing.You have only won 28 division 1 games. Wofford has done that in the last *3 years* against tougher competition. We are not the next Challenger to NDSU (based on what we've seen so far).

You play in the worst conference that has full scholarship allotments. Maybe the SWAC is worst, but the last place MEAC team beat your third best team by 3 scores. Neither are you. At least not yet.

ODU played in the CAA. Apples and oranges.

Given all of this, I'm confident in saying you're full of ****, and that's true regardless of the outcome on Saturday.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 09:01 PM
You remind me a lot of me in 2015.

you sound like a cool dude. xsmiley_wix

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 09:02 PM
You have only won 28 division 1 games. Wofford has done that in the last 3 years against tougher competition. We are not the next Challenger to NDSU (based on what we've seen so far).

You play in the worst conference that has full scholarship allotments. Maybe the SWAC is worst, but the last place MEAC team beat your third best team by 3 scores.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkLet the guy talk smack to the Bison.

It's more entertaining that way.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Two Division OVC:
North:
EKU
EIU
Murray
SEMO
Youngstown State
NC A&T

South:
Jax State
UNA
Kennesaw
UTM
APSU
TTU
TSU

We would get UNA because they like us. KSU would come because the Big South is ass and they wouldn't have to play in the A-Sun. With UND coming in, booting YSU probably wouldn't make a difference, plus the travel in that pod would be much better than it is now in the MVFC/Horizon. Having UTM, APSU, TTU, and TSU together keeps the Sgt. York series going and NC A&T sets up an cross-divisional rivalry with TSU. Plus, if NC A&T actually wants a shot to win a national title like they claim they want to they need to tell the MEAC to go kick rocks.

It's far-fetched, yeah. But it'd be cool.

Oh, I forgot about UNA. Not sure about them either though.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 09:03 PM
The SWAC has divisons.

I meant in regard to a playoff. Don't think it is possible.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 09:04 PM
you sound like a cool dude. xsmiley_wix

And you know what happened in 2015? We had only lost one FCS game in the past two years and beat a semifinalist by 52. Boy, we were hot ****....

Until we lost by 30.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 09:06 PM
You have only won 28 division 1 games. Wofford has done that in the last *3 years* against tougher competition. We are not the next Challenger to NDSU (based on what we've seen so far).

You play in the worst conference that has full scholarship allotments. Maybe the SWAC is worst, but the last place MEAC team beat your third best team by 3 scores.

Given all of this, I'm confident in saying you're full of ****, and that's true regardless of the outcome on Saturday.

You sure do have a lot of excuses. Let's be honest, Wofford has a clear ceiling as a program. You are a little engine that could. KSU has 20,000 more students, better recruiting area, better players, better coaches. The only thing Wofford has that's better than KSU is the schedule, congrats!

Birdman_
November 28th, 2018, 09:08 PM

This is what I'm talking about when I say you guys have an over inflated sense of accomplishment and invincibility. You made the quarterfinals once. My team has made the field of 8 6 of 8 times with this year pending. And some of those teams were flawed. It's not nothing, but doing it just once does not make you the next coming.

Trolls? These can't be actual opinions. To be honest though, there are maybe 10 KSU fans that loosely contribute on these boards, myself included. Current enrollment is approximately 35k, and the alumni base is obviously larger than that. Anything the 10 or so KSU people say on these boards is hardly representative of the average KSU fan. I'd argue that most people who follow KSU football consider themselves casual fans, have no opinion as to how KSU compares to top tier FCS programs, and could tell you more about the status of UGA, Alabama, or Auburn recruiting than anything related to KSU football, including who is on KSU's schedule. This isn't unique to KSU, but I'd argue that if you talk to random fans in the tailgating lots at the game, you'd quickly find that most people are reasonable, wanted to be outside that day (not this Saturday, but the point remains), and have never heard of AGS.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 09:11 PM
Trolls? These can't be actual opinions. To be honest though, there are maybe 10 KSU fans that loosely contribute on these boards, myself included. Current enrollment is approximately 35k, and the alumni base is obviously larger than that. Anything the 10 or so KSU people say on these boards is hardly representative of the average KSU fan. I'd argue that most people who follow KSU football consider themselves casual fans, have no opinion as to how KSU compares to top tier FCS programs, and could tell you more about the status of UGA, Alabama, or Auburn recruiting than anything related to KSU football, including who is on KSU's schedule. This isn't unique to KSU, but I'd argue that if you talk to random fans in the tailgating lots at the game, you'd quickly find that most people are reasonable, wanted to be outside that day (not this Saturday, but the point remains), and have never heard of AGS.

Are you a Georgia Tech fan?

Birdman_
November 28th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Are you a Georgia Tech fan?

Nope. Outside of KSU, just like watching good football.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 09:14 PM
SOCON - just for football

East - 5 games + 3 in west; 3 Private/2 small public, 1 public
ETSU
Furman
Campbell/G-W/Elon/W&M (If we could pick one off)
The Citadel
VMI
Wofford

West - 5 games +3 in East; 2 private, 4 Public
JSU
KSU
Mercer
Samford
UTC
WCU

I wanted to split the publics up more by maybe putting KSU in East, but then you have the running division and that wouldn't be good.

Not sure about G-W either, just a place holder, Elon won't come back probably, and W&M probably wouldn't come back either, been a while for them. Maybe Campbell or even Jacksonville if they go schollie.

Never happen, but entertaining to contemplate.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 09:15 PM
You sure do have a lot of excuses. Let's be honest, Wofford has a clear ceiling as a program. You are a little engine that could. KSU has 20,000 more students, better recruiting area, better players, better coaches. The only thing Wofford has that's better than KSU is the schedule, congrats!This is amazing, truly I say to you

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Trolls? These can't be actual opinions. To be honest though, there are maybe 10 KSU fans that loosely contribute on these boards, myself included. Current enrollment is approximately 35k, and the alumni base is obviously larger than that. Anything the 10 or so KSU people say on these boards is hardly representative of the average KSU fan. I'd argue that most people who follow KSU football consider themselves casual fans, have no opinion as to how KSU compares to top tier FCS programs, and could tell you more about the status of UGA, Alabama, or Auburn recruiting than anything related to KSU football, including who is on KSU's schedule. This isn't unique to KSU, but I'd argue that if you talk to random fans in the tailgating lots at the game, you'd quickly find that most people are reasonable, wanted to be outside that day (not this Saturday, but the point remains), and have never heard of AGS.Lurking on the KSU board, I can see that Mr. hooty is an outlier.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 09:16 PM
I'm tempted to look up KSU's record against teams with a winning record out of pettiness. You have to be a troll to think they've accomplished anything at this point.

Wofford's made the quarterfinals 6 times and the semis once (only one of those 5 losses was a blowout) and I feel like we've done nothing.

Sam Houston pretty much controlled KSU in the quarterfinals before getting thrashed by NDSU (worse than Wofford did) and apparently they are the next big think. It's truly amazing.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 09:18 PM
SOCON - just for football

East - 5 games + 3 in west; 3 Private/2 small public, 1 public
ETSU
Furman
Campbell/G-W/Elon/W&M (If we could pick one off)
The Citadel
VMI
Wofford

West - 5 games +3 in East; 2 private, 4 Public
JSU
KSU
Mercer
Samford
UTC
WCU

I wanted to split the publics up more by maybe putting KSU in East, but then you have the running division and that wouldn't be good.

Not sure about G-W either, just a place holder, Elon won't come back probably, and W&M probably wouldn't come back either, been a while for them. Maybe Campbell or even Jacksonville if they go schollie.

Never happen, but entertaining to contemplate.Kick WCU to the east, don't get Garbage-Webb and add UNA in the West.

Done deal.

Elon just left. I doubt they'd come back.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 09:18 PM
You sure do have a lot of excuses. Let's be honest, Wofford has a clear ceiling as a program. You are a little engine that could. KSU has 20,000 more students, better recruiting area, better players, better coaches. The only thing Wofford has that's better than KSU is the schedule, congrats!

Umm you better check again. Slinging around inaccurate figures is ridiculous. KSU has 37K, Wofford has 1700. That's 35K+ more. Get it right. We have no tolerance for made up numbers here.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 09:20 PM
Kick WCU to the east, don't get Garbage-Webb and add UNA in the West.

Done deal.

Nope you get WCU:D I kid, Cats fans. I did have them there but moved them.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 09:22 PM
Umm you better check again. Slinging around inaccurate figures is ridiculous. KSU has 37K, Wofford has 1700. That's 35K+ more. Get it right. We have no tolerance for made up numbers here.I legitimately had no idea Wofford was that small.

Their tuition must be nuts.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Umm you better check again. Slinging around inaccurate figures is ridiculous. KSU has 37K, Wofford has 1700. That's 35K+ more. Get it right. We have no tolerance for made up numbers here.

1,700? wow, that's smaller than my high school.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 09:24 PM
1,700? wow, that's smaller than my high school.

Lemme guess. You went to Lassiter?

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 09:25 PM
I legitimately had no idea Wofford was that small.

Their tuition must be nuts.

Sent from my Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk1)Furman's is worse
2) no one is dumb enough to pay sticker price
3) when you factor in the fact that the average college student graduates in 6 years but at Wofford it's 4, it evens out

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 09:25 PM
1,700? wow, that's smaller than my high school.Mine too.

And yet we still beat teams with more enrollment.

It's almost as if it's completely irrelevant to the outcome on the field. Huh.

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2018, 09:29 PM
Be careful what you wish for...

................................... xlolx Oh please.....make my day.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 09:35 PM
................................... xlolx Oh please.....make my day.

You have a bunch of dudes from Minnesota. I hope you enjoyed the run. The party is over.

ElCid
Mine too.

And yet we still beat teams with more enrollment.

It's almost as if it's completely irrelevant to the outcome on the field. Huh.

We only have 2700 undergrads (2300 Cadets)

Notre Dame only has 8500 or so undergrads. Size does not matter really.

Fun Fact: I think besides the Military academies, Wake Forest may be the smallest Div I FBS school in terms of enrollment at about 5K. They used to be. Not sure if there is a smaller one.

BisonFan02

I know you're not serious....but if you are, you guys better be worried about SDSU first before you start looking that far ahead. If by some chance you guys make the semis in Fargo, looking forward to seeing a poor man's Georgia Southern try to win in Fargo. That will be a treat.

Reign of Terrier
You have a bunch of dudes from Minnesota. I hope you enjoyed the run. The party is over.Please use the phrase southern speed.

Please.

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2018, 09:36 PM
You have a bunch of dudes from Minnesota. I hope you enjoyed the run. The party is over.

xlolx pace yourself shooter....its not even December yet.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 09:37 PM
Please use the phrase southern speed.

Please.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkExcuse me, it's capitalized.

Southern Speed™

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 09:42 PM
I know you're not serious....but if you are, you guys better be worried about SDSU first before you start looking that far ahead. If by some chance you guys make the semis in Fargo, looking forward to seeing a poor man's Georgia Southern try to win in Fargo. That will be a treat.

Try Georgia Southern on Steroids. SDSU has a history of struggling against option teams. Christion and the rest of the Jackrabbits will find it hard to score standing on the sideline. As for the Bison, I assume you will present a worthy challenge. Your quarterback is a winner. Chandler Burks vs Easton Stick will be a great matchup.

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2018, 09:43 PM
Try Georgia Southern on Steroids. SDSU has a history of struggling against option teams. Christion and the rest of the Jackrabbits will find it hard to score standing on the sideline. As for the Bison, I assume you will present a worthy challenge. Your quarterback is a winner. Chandler Burks vs Easton Stick will be a great matchup.

wow........ xlolx

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 09:43 PM
xlolx pace yourself shooter....its not even December yet.

You don't need to pace yourself when you have Southern Speed.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 09:44 PM
Try Georgia Southern on Steroids. SDSU has a history of struggling against option teams. Christion and the rest of the Jackrabbits will find it hard to score standing on the sideline. As for the Bison, I assume you will present a worthy challenge. Your quarterback is a winner. Chandler Burks vs Easton Stick will be a great matchup.Georgia Southern got more than 7,000 people to come to their homecoming game.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 09:45 PM
You don't need to pace yourself when you have Southern Speed.YES!

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 09:46 PM
Georgia Southern got more than 7,000 people to come to their homecoming game.

Go away woffy, the adults are talking.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 09:47 PM

xlolx

JSUSoutherner
Go away woffy, the adults are talking.
Are they?

Reign of Terrier
Go away woffy, the adults are talking.As a matter of fact, I think Wofford got more than 7000 for homecoming

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 09:48 PM
As a matter of fact, I think Wofford got more than 7000 for homecoming

We got more than 7,000 for homecoming too.

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2018, 09:48 PM

and there it is.....I'm triggered. xlolx How could NDSU possible run with these teams.....especially indoors and on turf....we are screwed. :D

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=youngterrier;2721094]As a matter of fact, I think Wofford got more than 7000 for homecoming

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk[/QUOT

In all seriousness, attendance is a problem for the program. The students are totally nonexistent. The school is offering free tickets to the first 1,000 students this weekend to try to get some of them to come to the game.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 09:51 PM
We got more than 7,000 for homecoming too.

We did as well, but we always do even with half a stadium.

gofurman
November 28th, 2018, 09:51 PM

I am a FURMAN fan. Hate Wofford xdrunkyx LOL.

that said, I'll tell you what Wofford has that's better than KSU. REAL stuff. Academics. I was a computer programmer for over a decade and now I do engineering and computer science recruiting. The ONLY school I have been told by two companies NOT To accept students from ?? KSU. That's truth.

Appraently KSU merged with Southern Polytechnic ?? A few of the large Atlanta firms wont accept KSU grads anymore. I am sure there are good programs at KSU. I am. So don't get hurt. But apparently there is a view that the engineering there Isn't as good. Never heard that until I got more involved in Atlanta work and was told don't send KSU Mechatronics grads

again, I am sure KSU has some great people. Just a note I have had to make at work - maybe it's G Tech snobbery. LOL

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 09:52 PM
As a matter of fact, I think Wofford got more than 7000 for homecoming

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkCheck that, we did not.

But we still got 400 more people to attend than KSU's homecoming.

Son, I've been to games where Georgia Southern brought 6,000 people to an away game.

You're not Georgia Southern on steroids, you're Georgia Southern on anesthesia

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 09:52 PM
In all seriousness, attendance is a problem for the program. The students are totally nonexistent. The school is offering free tickets to the first 1,000 students this weekend to try to get some of them to come to the game.

Yeah I was wondering why your attendance is so low with those 37K students.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 09:53 PM
We did as well, but we always do even with half a stadium.
I don't think we've actually had less than 7k since we expanded the stadium in 2010.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 09:54 PM
Wofford's attendance is an abortion but it's because we are few in number and Spartanburg likely loves meth and or Jesus more than successful local football teams

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Wofford's attendance is an abortion but it's because we are few in number and Spartanburg likely loves meth and or Jesus more than successful local football teams

If meth and Jesus affected attendance then nobody would go to Alabama State games.

ksu_owls
November 28th, 2018, 09:59 PM
I think HootyHoo is a fake KSU fan. Probably some hairy fat single guy from ETSU. 90% of KSU fans are fun to be around. We have a lot to prove and we know that.

JSUSoutherner
I think HootyHoo is a fake KSU fan. Probably some hairy fat single guy from ETSU. 90% of KSU fans are fun to be around. We have a lot to prove and we know that.

I reallg hope he's not fake.

FCS_pwns_FBS
Hurray. I was wondering which team was going to have the next Chattown.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Check that, we did not.

But we still got 400 more people to attend than KSU's homecoming.

Son, I've been to games where Georgia Southern brought 6,000 people to an away game.

You're not Georgia Southern on steroids, you're Georgia Southern on anesthesia

GSU is in Statesboro, 2 hours away from the nearest civilization. They have nothing else to compete with, KSU is 30 minutes outside Atlanta. We're competing with a whole lot more entertainment options including the SEC championship game this weekend.

That being said, there are distinct advantages to being in the ATL. KSU is starting to rake in recruiting. Xavier Roberts is the top recruit in FCS for the 2019 class. KSU has already surpassed Wofford in recruiting.

HootyHoo
November 28th, 2018, 10:03 PM

You are the one who wants to move away from the triple option. I think you are a fake fan.

ElCid
I don't think we've actually had less than 7k since we expanded the stadium in 2010.

We always do well. Once we get the other half of the stadium back, even if it is smaller than previous, we will fill up again. I don't see a huge attendance for tomorrow's game. But who knows. We even did very well during our payoff games in 15 and 16. I think we had at least 10K.

BisonFan02

Success breeds the occasional moron. It happens....we know. NDSU has their fair share of em.

JSUSoutherner
GSU is in Statesboro, 2 hours away from the nearest civilization. They have nothing else to compete with, KSU is 30 minutes outside Atlanta. We're competing with a whole lot more entertainment options including the SEC championship game this weekend.

That being said, there are distinct advantages to being in the ATL. KSU is starting to rake in recruiting. Xavier Roberts is the top recruit in FCS for the 2019 class. KSU has already surpassed Wofford in recruiting.

We had 11k during the Iron Bowl. You have exactly zero excuse.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 10:04 PM
Hurray. I was wondering which team was going to have the next Chattown.

Furman is still out front but KSU is catching up fast.

Bison56
November 28th, 2018, 10:08 PM

Please never stop posting xlolx

UpstateBison
November 28th, 2018, 10:09 PM
Furman is still out front but KSU is catching up fast.

He is not in FUGamebreakers league but he is making a valiant effort. Chattown is still the gold standard.

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 10:33 PM

Cool story, Wofford had 17 verbal commitments by October I know you think you're doing good but you're literally just doing normal.

"Kennesaw State, where everyone's normal is our extraordinary"

Thumper 76
November 28th, 2018, 10:37 PM
So if both Kennesaw and SDSU win does Kennesaw outbid SDSU for home field? Its not like SDSU is going to fill the stands.Theyd get what 7-10k. Without bothering to look what is the capacity of the Kennesaw venue?
You.........saw the bracket, yes?

Good god are you a hoot!

C'mon man. So cringy.
This happens every year, don’t sweat it xlolx

Heck, having done that and seeing how good NDSU is, I think this is the best team we've fielded in the last few years and yet this is the last game I feel confident we can win.

The more you're in the playoffs, the less confident you get in winning every game. It's a lesson everyone learns and KSU has not yet.

Ain’t that the truth. Unless your a cow fan then I’m pretty any fan base with real playoff experience is nervous as hell about most every playoff game. Loving the #GetCocky vibe I’m getting right now from the hooters though.

Right. Welp I’ll respond to that if you sneak by Woffy.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2018, 12:11 AM
The students are totally nonexistent. The school is offering free tickets to the first 1,000 students this weekend to try to get some of them to comeI see this discussion has now moved to KSU’s Admissions policies.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2018, 12:13 AM
We always do well. Once we get the other half of the stadium back, even if it is smaller than previous, we will fill up again. I don't see a huge attendance for tomorrow's game. But who knows. We even did very well during our payoff games in 15 and 16. I think we had at least 10K.

Is half a stadium still a stadium...or...Not a stadium?

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 06:26 AM
Is half a stadium still a stadium...or...Not a stadium?

Stad......

Sort of. As you know the visitor side has been down for 2 years and unusable for another before that doing it imitation of a environmental superfund site. It was supposed to be open next year, but it has been delayed a year. We are however going ahead and replacing the grass with artificial turf for this coming year...no more grass...sure hope they don't make it Citadel blue, except maybe the end zones...even if would be better than EWUs red or CCUs teal for sure.

dungeonjoe
November 29th, 2018, 06:54 AM
xcrazyxxcrazyx

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2018, 06:57 AM
Stad......

Sort of. As you know the visitor side has been down for 2 years and unusable for another before that doing it imitation of a environmental superfund site. It was supposed to be open next year, but it has been delayed a year. We are however going ahead and replacing the grass with artificial turf for this coming year...no more grass...sure hope they don't make it Citadel blue, except maybe the end zones...even if would be better than EWUs red or CCUs teal for sure.It was a reference to a whole discussion from last year about whether FargoDome was a stadium, whether having a track made a facility “Not a Stadium” which became sort of a catchphrase...maybe you missed that one...I recall doing some LOL’ing while reading it.

2 things on the CIT artificial turf...

1) if y’all don’t do the checkerboard endzones in homage to and evoking of this...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/he4WBH4BP8Q/maxresdefault.jpg

...y’all are even dumber than we normally say you are...and no tips again...ever!

2) Where will those millions of sand gnats, resident in JHS’ grass, live now? They aren’t environmentally protected, are they? Hope y’all included cost of their relocation in the budget for the turf.

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 07:02 AM
It was a reference to a whole discussion from last year about whether FargoDome was a stadium, whether having a track made a facility “Not a Stadium” which became sort of a catchphrase...maybe you missed that one...I recall doing some LOL’ing while reading it.

2 things on the CIT artificial turf...

1) if y’all don’t do the checkerboard endzones in homage to and evoking of this...

Oh no I remember the discussion very well. We used to have checkerboard end zones in paint. Don't know what it will be.

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 07:55 AM
...y’all are even dumber than we normally say you are...and no tips again...ever!

You should always tip your service provider. Especially since we provided a service to your Bears this year, that is, in how to lose.:D

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2018, 08:26 AM
You should always tip your service provider. Especially since we provided a service to your Bears this year, that is, in how to lose.:D
You KNOW who provided that service. It was the convicts, not the bellhops...So...of course...NO TIP!

https://i.postimg.cc/cLdYPbMT/BADBB645-F7-E2-496-D-9-B76-7-AE87-F431-D85.png

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 08:38 AM
You KNOW who provided that service. It was the convicts, not the bellhops...So...of course...NO TIP!

Let it go. Everyone has been screwed by bad calls. Definitive evidence...just let it go. These are not the droids you are looking for....let it go.

FCSfan
November 29th, 2018, 08:49 AM
__________________________________________________ _______

If HootyPoo is a real fan than I am certain he (or likely she) is an anomaly and KSU has very few fans like him (her).

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 08:55 AM
__________________________________________________ _______

If HootyPoo is a real fan than I am certain he (or likely she) is an anomaly and KSU has very few fans like him (her).

I hope not. I was a little warm to them, but I am colder now.

Reign of Terrier
November 29th, 2018, 08:57 AM

https://i.postimg.cc/cLdYPbMT/BADBB645-F7-E2-496-D-9-B76-7-AE87-F431-D85.pngAt Samford, they called one player in when the replay clearly showed out

ksu_owls
November 29th, 2018, 09:03 AM
I hope not. I was a little warm to them, but I am colder now.

When you have like 3 fans that post year round, it only takes one bad novemberist-apple to spoil the batch. I'm glad to see people this excited, but realistically all KSU fans need to understand why coming out of the Big South creates skepticism. We have an opportunity to prove a lot on Saturday, but that's just one game and one step forward. Most of us try to be level headed.

HootyHoo, I love your passion but you'll enjoy AGS a lot more if you spend some time here to humbly learn instead of senselessly boasting about beating NDSU.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2018, 09:06 AM
At Samford, they called one player in when the replay clearly showed out

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalksame...in this same game...on a bellhop (non)TD run...ruled wrong initially; clear, definitive evidence on replay; also not overturned.

Just didn’t have the same impact on the game (and, IMO, ultimately, on Mercer’s season) that this EGREGIOUS fumble wrong call/not overturned on review despite definitive evidence (as pictured) that this call had.

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 09:06 AM
When you have like 3 fans that post year round, it only takes one bad novemberist-apple to spoil the batch. I'm glad to see people this excited, but realistically all KSU fans need to understand why coming out of the Big South creates skepticism. We have an opportunity to prove a lot on Saturday, but that's just one game and one step forward. Most of us try to be level headed.

HootyHoo, I love your passion but you'll enjoy AGS a lot more if you spend some time here to humbly learn instead of senselessly boasting about beating NDSU.

Eh, he doesn't really bother me. He is probably just a 20-something year old thumping his chest.

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 09:08 AM
same...in this same game...on a bellhop (non)TD run...ruled wrong initially; clear, definitive evidence on replay; also not overturned.

Just didn’t have the same impact on the game (and, IMO, ultimately, on Mercer’s season) that this EGREGIOUS fumble wrong call/not overturned on review despite definitive evidence (as pictured) that this call had.

Let it go. I'm telling ya. Karma is going to bite you if you don't.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2018, 09:19 AM

3 fans (only seen 2, but I may have missed 1) / 2 apples...so far.

Speaking of skepticism, I just gained some more of that this morning...I don’t follow the Slum Belt Conference at all, so I held the erroneous impression that GaSt had continued their improvement from last year into 2018. I didn’t realize that their ONLY wins were over KSU and 6-6 ULM. Knowing that the Slurry Belt is actually the equivalent of an OK FCS Conference (OVC or Southland, let’s say) and thinking GaSt was doing well in that Conf., I was giving KSU WAY TOO MUCH credit for their “good loss” to GaSt in my AGS Poll rankings.

So...now, I’m thinking...decent win over Samford, pretty good win over JaxSt, bad loss to GaSt...and 8 meaningless exhibition games. Probably should have had them about 15-18, instead of #2.

If they beat Wofford, I would move the to just about Top 10 though.

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 09:24 AM

Speaking of skepticism, I just gained some more of that this morning...I don’t follow the Slum Belt Conference at all, so I held the erroneous impression that GaSt had continued their improvement from last year into 2018. I didn’t realize that their ONLY wins were over KSU and 6-6 ULM. Knowing that the Slurry Belt is actually the equivalent of an OK FCS Conference (OVC or Southland, let’s say) and thinking GaSt was doing well in that Conf., I was giving KSU WAY TOO MUCH credit for their “good loss” to GaSt in my AGS Poll rankings.

So...now, I’m thinking...decent win over Samford, pretty good win over JaxSt, bad loss to GaSt...and 8 meaningless exhibition games. Probably should have had them about 15-18, instead of #2.

Eh, I agree mostly. Cross city rival (of sorts maybe), first game of the year. Win or loss that game, it was about the same. KSU most certainly got too much left over love from last year early and it stuck for sure.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Let it go. I'm telling ya. Karma is going to bite you if you don't.I still haven’t “let go” an ill-advised, rogue Fake Punt Run by our (FU’s) 250-lb-time-him-in-the-40-with-a-sundial Punter in 1981...which began a calamity of errors resulting in my only loss ever to the bellhops...So, pretty sure I won’t be letting this one go for a while either.

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 09:48 AM
I still haven’t “let go” an ill-advised, rogue Fake Punt Run by our (FU’s) 250-lb-time-him-in-the-40-with-a-sundial Punter in 1981...which began a calamity of errors resulting in my only loss ever to the bellhops...So, pretty sure I won’t be letting this one go for a while either.

Wow, yeah , saw that game but don't remember it much. I was a knob waiting to get drunk.

ksu_owls
November 29th, 2018, 09:49 AM

We also lost to a bad ETSU in our 2016 season opener, a not that great Samford in our 2017 opener (we did literally double them in stats, though), and we pissed the bed in our 2018 opener to our first ever FBS opponent who happens to be a cross town foe. I wouldn't over think the GaSt loss. Beating Wofford would have us in the quarterfinals for two straight years as a program that is graduating their first full class-- a bunch of guys who signed up to play football at a school with zero history or program. I've consistently agreed we have a lot left to prove, but I would't go as far to say we haven't proven anything yet. We've beaten SOME good teams. I understand we do not play good teams as regularly as the SoCon does, but a win on Saturday should solidify us as a 2018 Top 10 team.

BisonBacker
November 29th, 2018, 09:53 AM

Good god are you a hoot!

Ain’t that the truth. Unless your a cow fan then I’m pretty any fan base with real playoff experience is nervous as hell about most every playoff game. Loving the #GetCocky vibe I’m getting right now from the hooters though.

Well does anyone know if Kennesaw submitted bids? It wouldn't be a first for a playoff school didnt submit bids? Yeah I get they are higher seeded but looking at the NCAA bylaws even with the higher seed they still have to submit bids meeting minimum financial guarantees and then if they do seeds take precedence.

ksu_owls
November 29th, 2018, 09:56 AM
Well does anyone know if Kennesaw submitted bids? It wouldn't be a first for a playoff school didnt submit bids? Yeah I get they are higher seeded but looking at the NCAA bylaws even with the higher seed they still have to submit bids meeting minimum financial guarantees and then if they do seeds take precedence.

I was told KSU submitted bids through the semis, just in case.

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 10:00 AM
We also lost to a bad ETSU in our 2016 season opener, a not that great Samford in our 2017 opener (we did literally double them in stats, though), and we pissed the bed in our 2018 opener to our first ever FBS opponent who happens to be a cross town foe. I wouldn't over think the GaSt loss. Beating Wofford would have us in the quarterfinals for two straight years as a program that is graduating their first full class-- a bunch of guys who signed up to play football at a school with zero history or program. I've consistently agreed we have a lot left to prove, but I would't go as far to say we haven't proven anything yet. We've beaten SOME good teams. I understand we do not play good teams as regularly as the SoCon does, but a win on Saturday should solidify us as a 2018 Top 10 team.

I have a serious question. Mercer started out pretty good from the get go. Unfortunately for them they ended up in the SOCON in year 2 and the Ws didn't come for a while but almost every game was a close one from the get go. Ridiculously close. It was clear they were good. I am not sure they would admit it or recognize it, but as an outside observer, I really think the 3rd and 4th years of their program were better than their 5th and 6th. Obviously shedding their "first team" had some affect on them. The whole ripple of personnel due to starting a program. They did get some transfers, but that first home grown class does equate to something special, in leadership if nothing else. It is an interesting phenomenon that doesn't happen all the time, a new football program.

All that said, do you expect any drop off next year from that same type of circumstance?

BisonBacker
November 29th, 2018, 10:05 AM

Good god are you a hoot!

I was told KSU submitted bids through the semis, just in case.

Ok thanks that's what I was wondering

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2018, 10:06 AM
a win on Saturday should solidify us as a 2018 Top 10 team.
Yep...’zactly wut I said.

Just disappointed in myself for giving the owlets too much love, too early this season. Probably listened to SU Dog go on and on about what a GREAT loss for KSU that GaSt game was and extrapolated that GaSt must be doing pretty good this year...but, it was probably him trying to validate the bullpups loss to the owlets.

Shoulda taken a peek at the Scum Belt standings for myself, but that just feels too dirty to me.

I blame SU Dog for my misguidedness.

ksu_owls
November 29th, 2018, 10:14 AM
I have a serious question. Mercer started out pretty good from the get go. Unfortunately for them they ended up in the SOCON in year 2 and the Ws didn't come for a while but almost every game was a close one from the get go. Ridiculously close. It was clear they were good. I am not sure they would admit it or recognize it, but as an outside observer, I really think the 3rd and 4th years of their program were better than their 5th and 6th. Obviously shedding their "first team" had some affect on them. The whole ripple of personnel due to starting a program. They did get some transfers, but that first home grown class does equate to something special, in leadership if nothing else. It is an interesting phenomenon that doesn't happen all the time, a new football program.

All that said, do you expect any drop off next year from that same type of circumstance?

Simple answer, yes. Mainly on offense.

We are losing some incredible leaders, but we also have R-Fr and R-So that are playing key roles in this team (as well as Jr.'s). Our recruiting has dramatically improved. This next recruiting class will be our best, but I don't say that with expectations that all or even half will be ready to suit up their first year of college football. We have improved our athleticism year after year, but we will see who steps up to lead.

As far as leadership goes: we have Big Z, the leader of our DL, coming back with a 6th year medical waiver (he has been out this season). We have the 2017 Jerry Rice Award recipient returning on defense in 2019 as a Jr. I think both of those guys will play huge roles on the defensive side of the ball to lead. We may actually improve defensively.

Offensively, I'm exaggerating, but we have like 32 QBs. We just got a commitment from a true dual threat Juco transfer who could rise to the top and lead. I think our offensive leadership will be what we miss the most and that is where we will see some of a decline. Luckily for us, playing in the Big South essentially gives our new guys a whole season to figure it out before we are truly tested in the playoffs.

So yes, we will see a decline but I think we will have a pretty solid team put together by the time late November roles around.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2018, 10:16 AM

Mercer’s 3rd & 4th DEFINITELY better than 5th.

Not so sure about 6th. Different season if either/both QB’s don’t go down. Still not sure what problem on D was this year, but I have to think QB injuries impacted that some too. If the Coaches know & can fix whatever the problem was on D, things could be comin’ up ALL 7’s for the Bears in 2019...in ANOTHER VERY TOUGH year in the SoCon!

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 10:20 AM
Simple answer, yes. Mainly on offense.

We are losing some incredible leaders, but we also have R-Fr and R-So that are playing key roles in this team (as well as Jr.'s). Our recruiting has dramatically improved. This next recruiting class will be our best, but I don't say that with expectations that all or even half will be ready to suit up their first year of college football. We have improved our athleticism year after year, but we will see who steps up to lead.

As far as leadership goes: we have Big Z, the leader of our DL, coming back with a 6th year medical waiver (he has been out this season). We have the 2017 Jerry Rice Award recipient returning on defense in 2019 as a Jr. I think both of those guys will play huge roles on the defensive side of the ball to lead. We may actually improve defensively.

Offensively, I'm exaggerating, but we have like 32 QBs. We just got a commitment from a true dual threat Juco transfer who could rise to the top and lead. I think our offensive leadership will be what we miss the most and that is where we will see some of a decline. Luckily for us, playing in the Big South essentially gives our new guys a whole season to figure it out before we are truly tested in the playoffs.

So yes, we will see a decline but I think we will have a pretty solid team put together by the time late November roles around.

Thanks.

I understand the QB thing. We have like 10 ourselves I think. But they are also playing wide receiver, running back, etc. Heck our current QB was the B-Back last year.

And yes as far as recruiting goes, we all know how well highly touted recruits have done over the years. Sometimes they pan out and others not so much, especially right away.

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Mercer’s 3rd & 4th DEFINITELY better than 5th.

Not so sure about 6th. Different season if either/both QB’s don’t go down. Still not sure what problem on D was this year, but I have to think QB injuries impacted that some too. If the Coaches know & can fix whatever the problem was on D, things could be comin’ up ALL 7’s for the Bears in 2019...in ANOTHER VERY TOUGH year in the SoCon!

Yes, there definitely wasn't a dead cat bounce this year, but the 5th was kind of eh compared to the others...even if you finally did beat us last year.:(

Reign of Terrier
November 29th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Hey now, I'm a 20something beating his chest...

ksu_owls
November 29th, 2018, 10:36 AM

I'm 20-something for the next two weeks.... then it's into the 30's.... xrotatehx

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2018, 10:41 AM
I'm 20-something for the next two weeks.... then it's into the 30's.... xrotatehx
I have 352 weeks left.

Reign of Terrier
November 29th, 2018, 10:50 AM
I have 352 weeks left.

Ha I'm older than you

SU DOG
November 29th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Yep...’zactly wut I said.

Just disappointed in myself for giving the owlets too much love, too early this season. Probably listened to SU Dog go on and on about what a GREAT loss for KSU that GaSt game was and extrapolated that GaSt must be doing pretty good this year...but, it was probably him trying to validate the bullpups loss to the owlets.

Shoulda taken a peek at the Scum Belt standings for myself, but that just feels too dirty to me.

I blame SU Dog for my misguidedness.

LOL! Sure why not. Doesn't SU DOG and Samford get blamed for everything? Even in this thread there is mention of a (presumably) bad call for Samford. Hilarious.

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Ha I'm older than youThat's cool.

SU DOG
November 29th, 2018, 10:55 AM
I'm older than both of you with your ages combined - and then some.:(

Bison56
November 29th, 2018, 11:12 AM
I'm older than both of you with your ages combined - and then some.:(

That's has to be a record! xlolx

SU DOG
November 29th, 2018, 11:32 AM
That's has to be a record! xlolx

Samford alumnus, class of 1968, but hey, I guess everybody needs to set some kind of record. LOL!

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Samford alumnus, class of 1968, but hey, I guess everybody needs to set some kind of record. LOL!
OLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD

SU DOG
November 29th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Respect your elders Yardbird Boy.

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Respect your elders Yardbird Boy.Scoreboard!

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 01:20 PM

I have 352 weeks left.

Well crap. I am older than any two of you put together.xsmhx

ElCid
November 29th, 2018, 01:21 PM

OK, you got me by a lot.xbowx

walliver
November 29th, 2018, 01:39 PM
I'm old enough that I remember watching Wofford run the triple option in 1970. I suspect I may have seen them once in 1969, but cannot be definite.

dungeonjoe
November 29th, 2018, 02:40 PM
Ha I'm older than you
I am old enough to be your daddy.

SU DOG
November 29th, 2018, 02:55 PM
To continue with this thread drift: It's blatantly obvious from reading various post on here that older=wiser. xnodx

Birdman_
November 29th, 2018, 03:11 PM
To continue with this thread drift: It's blatantly obvious from reading various post on here that older=wiser. xnodx

The internet can be a deceiving place, my friend.

TheKingpin28
November 29th, 2018, 03:14 PM
I feel old as **** yet I'm only in my mid 20s.

dungeonjoe
November 29th, 2018, 03:22 PM
drift? more like a meander.

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Today, I am identifying as a 26 year old transgender female Swedish Gynecologist. That’s my personal truth.

Don’t @ me.

Thumper 76
November 29th, 2018, 03:37 PM

HA I beat you to 30 by a month.

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2018, 03:44 PM

Old.

Birdman_
November 29th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Today, I am identifying as a 26 year old transgender female Swedish Gynecologist. That’s my personal truth.

Don’t @ me.

Typed something eerily similar to this, but opted not to post ha. Kudos, live your best life.

TheKingpin28
November 29th, 2018, 05:23 PM

Get off my lawn.

Reign of Terrier
November 29th, 2018, 06:06 PM
If you want to over-read individual games as indicative of how teams will play each other, Chuck South and the Citadel or on ESPN+

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2018, 06:39 PM
Plane just crashed onto Kennesaw's campus next to my brother's dorm.

He just sent me these. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181130/822ad8700b054315630a3268424f278e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181130/0d812d585c96b791c5f67419d35c29fd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181130/493cad8ac63626f5bf393b8eb4247f70.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181130/cf687cba7c72b29dac4ba2e76b7b9bb7.jpg

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Only damage is to the tree and the guys plane.

Reign of Terrier
November 29th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Yikes

Reign of Terrier
November 29th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Also the weather looks rough this weekend

FUBeAR
November 29th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Only damage is to the tree and the guys plane.OK good - so now we can make jokes about the air games of either/both of these Teams.

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2018, 07:02 PM
OK good - so now we can make jokes about the air games of either/both of these Teams.

Word on the street is Bohannon was experimenting with the Air Raid offense.

Reign of Terrier
November 29th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Word on the street is Bohannon was experimenting with the Air Raid offense.It went as well as you'd think

cx500d
November 29th, 2018, 07:06 PM
Word on the street is Bohannon was experimenting with the Air Raid offense.
Makes sense...1st half - triple option....2nd half air raid.

gofurman
November 30th, 2018, 12:46 AM
Only damage is to the tree and the guys plane.

Glad to hear. That's scary stuff. Perspective

gofurman
November 30th, 2018, 12:50 AM
I am old enough to be your daddy.

Pretty sure I'm ten years younger than DJ. That's your word problem for the day. If gofurman is ten years younger than DJ and two trains depart different stations on Saturday... Who wins ?
Wofford or KSU.

Lol

gofurman
November 30th, 2018, 12:52 AM
Well crap. I am older than any two of you put together.xsmhx

ElCid we might be kinda near in age. Graduated Furman 95. When did you graduate The Citadel? Late 80s?

walliver
November 30th, 2018, 07:19 AM
Makes sense...1st half - triple option....2nd half air raid.

I actually watched an Air Force v. Navy game that went like that. Neither team could move the ball for 3 quarters so the fourth quarter was all passing.

When Wofford played Georgia Tech, the game was similar. We outplayed them with the option and they beat us by passing the ball in the 4th (I’m sure Paul Johnson felt unclean having to do that).

This weekend’s game may come down to a 4th quarter air game.

ElCid
November 30th, 2018, 07:41 AM
ElCid we might be kinda near in age. Graduated Furman 95. When did you graduate The Citadel? Late 80s?

dungeonjoe
November 30th, 2018, 08:16 AM
the year of true champions

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Not sure I'll be off work tomorrow early enough to make it to this one.

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Not sure I'll be off work tomorrow early enough to make it to this one.

I'm stopping by walmart on the way home to look for a KSU poncho. I was hoping the forecast would change but it looks like it's going to be sloppy. Enjoy staying dry!

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2018, 09:14 AM
I'm stopping by walmart on the way home to look for a KSU poncho. I was hoping the forecast would change but it looks like it's going to be sloppy. Enjoy staying dry!I can order one of these for you...

https://zcdn.freetls.fastly.net/images/cache/product/452x1000/1220/WESTERNCHIEF_c450405_1360978949.jpg

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2018, 09:20 AM
I can order one of these for you...

https://zcdn.freetls.fastly.net/images/cache/product/452x1000/1220/WESTERNCHIEF_c450405_1360978949.jpg

lol does it come in men's large??

ElCid
November 30th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Could be interesting if it gets delayed due to T'storms.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29628&stc=1

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2018, 09:37 AM

The games I remember that included weather delays:

2017 KSU/Samford game is delayed at halftime. KSU loses 28-23 after a 10-7 lead at the half.
2018 KSU/Alabama St game is delayed before it starts. KSU beats them at the same rate as Auburn the week before.

Those don't really provide any insight but let's be honest.... if I posted something insightful at this point in the thread it would be out of place.

- - - Updated - - -

The games I remember that included weather delays:

2017 KSU/Samford game is delayed at halftime. KSU loses 28-23 after a 10-7 lead at the half.
2018 KSU/Alabama St game is delayed before it starts. KSU beats them at the same rate as Auburn the week before.

Those don't really provide any insight but let's be honest.... if I posted something insightful at this point in the thread it would be out of place.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2018, 09:38 AM
lol does it come in men's large??KSU Men’s Large? Yes, it’s in their Toddler’s section. xlolx

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2018, 10:53 AM
After nearly a week of reading opinions of the game, I have a few things to say before I attempt to focus on work so I can get out of here and enjoy my weekend. (Who am I kidding, I'll probably respond to everything.)

-Wofford is a great team and will be one of the tougher challenges KSU has faced.
-I don't think a CSU-Citadel make up game should be any indicator of how tomorrow will play out. If regular season/playoff hopes were on the line, that might would be a little different.
-KSU plays a weak schedule but they handed almost every team on their weak schedule their worst FCS loss of the season (JSU is an obvious outlier and there are a few others that are worst/second worst).
-We are smaller on the LOS and there are a lot of teams we've beat that will tell you how that doesn't matter.
-I think both teams will have trouble on offense and the difference in the game will be KSU's ability to adjust mid-game (example: coming back from 14-0 against JSU).
-The extra week of rest for KSU will show primarily on defense. I expect to see Plank at least twice.
-At the end of the game there will be mutual respect for how good both teams are. YT will either proclaim KSU could be top of the SoCon or he will say they are good enough to be 2-7... we'll see

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 11:01 AM
After nearly a week of reading opinions of the game, I have a few things to say before I attempt to focus on work so I can get out of here and enjoy my weekend. (Who am I kidding, I'll probably respond to everything.)

-Wofford is a great team and will be one of the tougher challenges KSU has faced.
-I don't think a CSU-Citadel make up game should be any indicator of how tomorrow will play out. If regular season/playoff hopes were on the line, that might would be a little different.
-KSU plays a weak schedule but they handed almost every team on their weak schedule their worst FCS loss of the season (JSU is an obvious outlier and there are a few others that are worst/second worst).
-We are smaller on the LOS and there are a lot of teams we've beat that will tell you how that doesn't matter.
-I think both teams will have trouble on offense and the difference in the game will be KSU's ability to adjust mid-game (example: coming back from 14-0 against JSU).
-The extra week of rest for KSU will show primarily on defense. I expect to see Plank at least twice.
-At the end of the game there will be mutual respect for how good both teams are. YT will either proclaim KSU could be top of the SoCon or he will say they are good enough to be 2-7... we'll see

It won't be YT telling you you'd be 7th in the SoCon after beating Wofford. It'll be FUGameBreaker and his pal.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2018, 11:30 AM
It won't be YT telling you you'd be 7th in the SoCon
3rd to 10th for your Cocks; not necessarily 7th, but probably not lower than 8th...to be fair.

Reign of Terrier
November 30th, 2018, 11:37 AM
I think CSU-Citadel is a good indicator for the difference in strength in the trenches among the average Socon team vs the average Big South team.

It could very well be the case that KSU is on par with the average or top tier of the Socon. We just don't know based on what they've done thus far. We know that KSU will get some push on the offensive side because of the blocking scheme they have (let's be real: it's not raw talent that makes the OL so good for KSU). But we have no idea how they will do on the defensive front. I'm becoming convinced that KSU hasn't yet faced a team that will line it up and run it between the tackles, and had they done so they would have noticed that may be a weakness. Take away a couple fumbles, sacks, and runs on the 1 yard line for JSU and they did a lot better running the ball down hill than the stats indicate. JSU just doesn't prefer to run the ball. Look at how KSU's run defense did against GW and CSU and even Tennessee Tech. Those teams did decent running the ball on KSU while they got snuffed by Socon defenses of varying quality. Those teams didn't have the defense to keep KSU contained.

Admittedly, I may be reading patterns into existence that aren't there, but KSU's run defense benefited from their offense playing bad defenses. The result was opposing teams playing more catch up and being unable to run the ball as a cornerstone of a strategy. When they played defenses that could keep the offense in check, it was a slightly different outcome. The only FCS teams that had any capability of stopping KSU's offense was Jacksonville State and Samford. Neither of those teams really like running the ball.

As I said multiple times, you'd be crazy to think KSU wouldn't compete for a top socon spot. You'd also be crazy to think if VMI traded places with them that VMI wouldn't compete for the Big South autobid. Every team in the Big South except KSU was on par with VMI this year. *Every team.*

Sir William
November 30th, 2018, 11:55 AM
YT, I think you'll get blowback from Big South folks on VMI being able to compete in their conference, simply because they never could while they were members previously. But your point is well taken.

Bottom line is that KSU, as you've noted, would be very competitive with upper tier of SoCon this year. Would they have won the conference outright? Highly doubtful. And if KSU beats Wofford, then congrats to them; but it doesn't prove or strengthen argument that KSU would have won the SoCon outright this year. Vast difference in a weekin/weekout SoCon schedule compared to Big South schedule.

Glad the weekend's finally here. Sick of all the talk. Play the game already!

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 11:56 AM
I think CSU-Citadel is a good indicator for the difference in strength in the trenches among the average Socon team vs the average Big South team.

It could very well be the case that KSU is on par with the average or top tier of the Socon. We just don't know based on what they've done thus far. We know that KSU will get some push on the offensive side because of the blocking scheme they have (let's be real: it's not raw talent that makes the OL so good for KSU). But we have no idea how they will do on the defensive front. I'm becoming convinced that KSU hasn't yet faced a team that will line it up and run it between the tackles, and had they done so they would have noticed that may be a weakness. Take away a couple fumbles, sacks, and runs on the 1 yard line for JSU and they did a lot better running the ball down hill than the stats indicate. JSU just doesn't prefer to run the ball. Look at how KSU's run defense did against GW and CSU and even Tennessee Tech. Those teams did decent running the ball on KSU while they got snuffed by Socon defenses of varying quality. Those teams didn't have the defense to keep KSU contained.

Admittedly, I may be reading patterns into existence that aren't there, but KSU's run defense benefited from their offense playing bad defenses. The result was opposing teams playing more catch up and being unable to run the ball as a cornerstone of a strategy. When they played defenses that could keep the offense in check, it was a slightly different outcome. The only FCS teams that had any capability of stopping KSU's offense was Jacksonville State and Samford. Neither of those teams really like running the ball.

As I said multiple times, you'd be crazy to think KSU wouldn't compete for a top socon spot. You'd also be crazy to think if VMI traded places with them that VMI wouldn't compete for the Big South autobid. Every team in the Big South except KSU was on par with VMI this year. *Every team.*

JSU "not preferring to run the ball" isn't exactly true.

Reign of Terrier
November 30th, 2018, 12:04 PM
JSU "not preferring to run the ball" isn't exactly true.
Against KSU in a 6OT game you passed the ball like 53 times, compared to 38 runs (and like 3-4 of those were including fumbles). Looking at stats against SEMO, A&T, and to some extent ETSU, when the going gets tough JSU gets passing.

To be clear, my claim is not that JSU sucks at running the ball, just that they prefer to pass it more, especially in closer games. There's a pretty 50-50 split in overall distribution, with the lopsided games using more running and the closer games/games JSU loses having more passing.

ElCid
November 30th, 2018, 12:04 PM
As much as I would like to see Wofford win, you take everything into account and I think the nocturnal avians win. Week off, home field, looking at the common opponents, looking at the computer ratings and how each team has performed to expectations, etc. I don't think playoff experience is a factor with KSU gaining some last year.

Wofford will be, by far the toughest defense KSU has faced this year, especially rush defense, but not sure that will be enough. Obviously both teams know how to defend the run (KSU 3.3 per rush, Wof 3.2).

I give KSU's passing ability an edge along with an edge in special teams. Wofford's FG kicker (11-15) has missed from various lengths and has a long of 42. KSU's kickers (8-9) missed a 30 something and has a long of 44. KSU has averaged better kickoff and punt coverage. Better returns as well, but even considering the competition they are good. It will obviously be a game of field position.

KSU also has a slight turnover margin and one additional turnover by either team could be a back breaker. Those will be the difference.

Also, the weather should equalize both teams the same amount.

I'm thinking somewhere along 28-20'ish.

Reign of Terrier
November 30th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Glad the weekend's finally here. Sick of all the talk. Play the game already!

You're going to be livid when there are 3 lightning delays.

Sir William
November 30th, 2018, 12:07 PM
You're going to be livid when there are 3 lightning delays.

Lol!

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Against KSU in a 6OT game you passed the ball like 53 times, compared to 38 runs (and like 3-4 of those were including fumbles). Looking at stats against SEMO, A&T, and to some extent ETSU, when the going gets tough JSU gets passing.

To be clear, my claim is not that JSU sucks at running the ball, just that they prefer to pass it more, especially in closer games.KSU isn't all-telling. KSU's run defense is really good. We weren't getting much on the ground. We were getting positive yards every time we ran, but were doing a great job at getting to the ball and the yards we had in that game were tough yards.

Our offense is and has been one that relies on running the ball but Cooper has totally revamped our passing game. On the season we have more rushing attempts (482) than passing attempts (437) but our run game hasn't been as dependable as years past for two main reasons:
1.) Our offensive line has been injured most of the season.
2.) Our running backs are all freshmen.

In the past couple weeks our run game has started to get since our OL is about as healthy as they've been all year and Jaelen Greene (#22 that ran ETSU TF over) seems to have found a new gear. But like I said, KSUs run defense is no slouch and they make you work.

We're definitely a better passing team this year, but we are ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like Samford. This year our offense has been able to do what it needs to beat the defense. Lot of teams have been selling out on the run against us so Cooper has been lighting them up for it.

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Look at how KSU's run defense did against GW and CSU and even Tennessee Tech. Those teams did decent running the ball on KSU while they got snuffed by Socon defenses of varying quality. Those teams didn't have the defense to keep KSU contained.

140 of GW's 214 rushing yards came from two crap time plays when we were up 49-3 and then 49-10. I don't have a break out of the other 74 yards rushing yards they managed, but I'm sure some were in the 3rd quarter. If you're going to discount our offensive production because of weak competition, I think it's fair to discount some yards allowed by our defense because of how meaningless almost every 3rd and 4th quarter has been for us this season.

This is what cherry picking stats looks like: Wofford gave up 171 rushing yards to PC while KSU only gave up 18 the entire game. Now, obviously, Wofford starters were pulled in the 2nd quarter and therefore stats were inflated..... the exact same thing is true for almost every KSU game this season. You can't deflate our offensive numbers and then take our defensive stats at face value.

Reign of Terrier
November 30th, 2018, 12:36 PM
140 of GW's 214 rushing yards came from two crap time plays when we were up 49-3 and then 49-10. I don't have a break out of the other 74 yards rushing yards they managed, but I'm sure some were in the 3rd quarter. If you're going to discount our offensive production because of weak competition, I think it's fair to discount some yards allowed by our defense because of how meaningless almost every 3rd and 4th quarter has been for us this season.

This is what cherry picking stats looks like: Wofford gave up 171 rushing yards to PC while KSU only gave up 18 the entire game. Now, obviously, Wofford starters were pulled in the 2nd quarter and therefore stats were inflated..... the exact same thing is true for almost every KSU game this season. You can't deflate our offensive numbers and then take our defensive stats at face value.

By that logic, we can't say anything about the KSU defense that's bad. Because everything bad allegedly happened in garbage time against bad teams.

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2018, 12:41 PM
By that logic, we can't say anything about the KSU defense that's bad. Because everything bad allegedly happened in garbage time against bad teams.

That's a little dramatic. I'm simply asking that if you want to devalue our offense based off of competition, which for comparison factors is completely fair, don't take our defensive stats at face value. Attempt to do some of your stats on how much was given up in crap time.

Reign of Terrier
November 30th, 2018, 12:44 PM
If you discard everything negative that happened to KSU as garbage time that happened in 8/11 games this year, you're basically asking us to accept all your positive stats and reject all your negative stats.

At least 4-5 games this year had garbage time for Wofford, leading to at least 35 points and god knows how many yards of offense. If you take that out, Wofford looks even better than their already better-than-KSU run defense (statistically). I don't do that because it's too pedantic.

Meanwhile, Gardner Webb has consistently racked up yards on the ground against KSU for the last 4 years. It's not crazy to see a pattern there.

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2018, 12:50 PM
If you discard everything negative that happened to KSU as garbage time that happened in 8/11 games this year, you're basically asking us to accept all your positive stats and reject all your negative stats.

At least 4-5 games this year had garbage time for Wofford, leading to at least 35 points and god knows how many yards of offense. If you take that out, Wofford looks even better than their already better-than-KSU run defense (statistically). I don't do that because it's too pedantic.

I believe we've completed the full circle. It is extremely difficult to judge teams with weak SOS. My only point is that most of your posts have undervalued our offense, which is correct to do based off of SOS, while not adjusting defensive stats at all. That's why the game is played on the field and not on paper. We both have recognized that this will be a tough game with two really good teams playing, I just didn't like your attempt to devalue our defense with no attempt to adjust the stats which you had no issue doing for our offense.

Reign of Terrier
November 30th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Meanwhile, Wofford has held 8 of 12 teams to double digits rushing the ball. 3 of the 4 teams that got to triple digits were averaging over 200 yards a game, and we held each to an average of 50 below their averages. We held the Citadel, Elon, Furman in check running the ball and Tyrie Adams scrambling was the only way Western could get yardage against us. Wofford played 5 teams that averaged over 200 yards per game (including Wyoming). We held our own.

You can count PC in your evaluation of us, I don't care. It's obviously an outlier. Of the 12 teams we've played, we held 10 of them below our their season average running the ball. The 2 exceptions were PC and VMI, who we pretty much held at their average as they ran for 6 yards more than it.

Even if you excuse away KSU's mistakes and yardage to garbage time, they aren't that consistent. Wofford had garbage time in some of these games too.

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Meanwhile, Wofford has held 8 of 12 teams to double digits rushing the ball. 3 of the 4 teams that got to triple digits were averaging over 200 yards a game, and we held each to an average of 50 below their averages. We held the Citadel, Elon, Furman in check running the ball and Tyrie Adams scrambling was the only way Western could get yardage against us. Wofford played 5 teams that averaged over 200 yards per game (including Wyoming). We held our own.

You can count PC in your evaluation of us, I don't care. It's obviously an outlier. Of the 12 teams we've played, we held 10 of them below our their season average running the ball. The 2 exceptions were PC and VMI, who we pretty much held at their average as they ran for 6 yards more than it.

Even if you excuse away KSU's mistakes and yardage to garbage time, they aren't that consistent. Wofford had garbage time in some of these games too.

I have said nothing to devalue Wofford's offense or defense. I think you guys are a great team and one of the best teams we've faced. I was just defending our defense while rightfully agreeing our offensive stats are inflated. I AM SO READY FOR GAME TIME!

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 01:19 PM

Look at what they did to our run game. That should tell you all you need to know.

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Look at what they did to our run game. That should tell you all you need to know.

Dang, I had no idea we held y'all to 102 yards..... I'm actually surprised by that! That's 150 yards less than your average. And y'all are the best team we've played YTD. I think passing on KSU is the best way to keep it competitive.

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2018, 01:46 PM
I won’t do all the stats work, but I think it’s pretty clear...

KSU played 8 PFL-quality (or less) games & 3 decent to good FCS-quality Teams - GaSt, Samford, and JaxSt

Woffy played 2 PFL-quality games (PC & GW) & (now) 10 decent to good FCS-quality Teams (8 SoCon, Wyoming, and Elon)

Just do all your ‘statulating’ per game using those FCS-quality games & you’ll have the closest thing you can get to an apples-to-apples comparison. Maybe you throw out VMI too as they are borderline between decent FCS & PFL-quality...up to you...

No point in comparing stats vs. G-W because neither was a competitive game and I think we can all agree that the game tomorrow will be competitive.

Have at it...

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Dang, I had no idea we held y'all to 102 yards..... I'm actually surprised by that! That's 150 yards less than your average. And y'all are the best team we've played YTD. I think passing on KSU is the best way to keep it competitive.

Yeah it didn't feel like it. Like I said, we were getting yards but they were tough yards. That first drive we went on were we converted like 2 4th downs out of the wildcat pretty much summed it up.

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Yeah it didn't feel like it. Like I said, we were getting yards but they were tough yards. That first drive we went on were we converted like 2 4th downs out of the wildcat pretty much summed it up.

That heavy package y'all brought in was ridiculous, I was shocked that we could do a decent job of holding the line. What surprises me the most about your total rushing yards is that we were really trying to defend the pass. Imagine a scenario where you primarily run the ball and we could get away with bringing a few extra defenders in the box without being too vulnerable to the pass...... you are starting to convince me that we are good

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 02:21 PM
That heavy package y'all brought in was ridiculous, I was shocked that we could do a decent job of holding the line. What surprises me the most about your total rushing yards is that we were really trying to defend the pass. Imagine a scenario where you primarily run the ball and we could get away with bringing a few extra defenders in the box without being too vulnerable to the pass...... you are starting to convince me that we are goodI mean that heavy set is purely designed to convert 4th & 1 and score at the goal line. It's not built for big yards. We use it on occasion but that game was that game was the most we've used it in a while.

Bucs2016
November 30th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Ok so just gotta say GO WOFFORD!!!! We need yall to knock Kennessaw back down to Earth for us haha

ksu_owls
November 30th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Ok so just gotta say GO WOFFORD!!!! We need yall to knock Kennessaw back down to Earth for us haha

We need CSU to stop sucking for us. 60% of this thread is how KSU probably isn't that great because of how bad the Big South is.

POD Knows
November 30th, 2018, 02:51 PM
This game won't be close, it is going to be a slow track and Wofford's D is a lot better than KSU's. Wofford 21 KSU 7. Bet the ranch, bet the kids and the cars, bet the pets and your 401K. #BOOKIT

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 02:55 PM
This game won't be close, it is going to be a slow track and Wofford's D is a lot better than KSU's. Wofford 21 KSU 7. Bet the ranch, bet the kids and the cars, bet the pets and your 401K. #BOOKIT

Oh ****. All caps.

Reign of Terrier
November 30th, 2018, 03:42 PM
This game won't be close, it is going to be a slow track and Wofford's D is a lot better than KSU's. Wofford 21 KSU 7. Bet the ranch, bet the kids and the cars, bet the pets and your 401K. #BOOKITKiss of death. Thanks ****er

Professor
November 30th, 2018, 04:13 PM
We need CSU to stop sucking for us. 60% of this thread is how KSU probably isn't that great because of how bad the Big South is.

Is the Southern Conf much better?

ElCid
November 30th, 2018, 04:22 PM

Really? How about a lot better. Duh.

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Prove it.

Birdman_
November 30th, 2018, 04:54 PM

Without a doubt

ElCid
November 30th, 2018, 07:25 PM
Prove it.

I assume you meant that as "Wofford must win" to prove it. Otherwise, one only has to look at the results from the last few years to prove it. And conferences are more than just one team in a playoff. I could post the scores from all match ups for the last 4 years but you can go look them up your self. You can frame what it means to be better any way you want, for a somewhat objective rating, there is always Massey SOCON #5 (0.90 rating) vs #8 (0.61 rating). Or Sagarin with the SOCON at #4 (45.81 central mean) vs Big South at #8 (34.81 central mean). That doesn't mean there were/are not good teams occasionally in the Big South, like CCU, CSU, or KSU, but as a conf they have too many bottom feeders. That may change, but not as of today.

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 07:36 PM
I assume you meant that as "Wofford must win" to prove it. Otherwise, one only has to look at the results from the last few years to prove it. And conferences are more than just one team in a playoff. I could post the scores from all match ups for the last 4 years but you can go look them up your self. You can frame what it means to be better any way you want, for a somewhat objective rating, there is always Massey SOCON #5 (0.90 rating) vs #8 (0.61 rating). Or Sagarin with the SOCON at #4 (45.81 central mean) vs Big South at #8 (34.81 central mean). That doesn't mean there were/are not good teams occasionally in the Big South, like CCU, CSU, or KSU, but as a conf they have too many bottom feeders. That may change, but not as of today.Pretty much. You can say the Big South is bad, sure. But if you're going to use the Big South being bad as a reason for KSU losing this game you best hope Wofford can back you up tomorrow.

ElCid
November 30th, 2018, 07:42 PM
Pretty much. You can say the Big South is bad, sure. But if you're going to use the Big South being bad as a reason for KSU losing this game you best hope Wofford can back you up tomorrow.

"I" never really said that. I already picked my score for tomorrow. Better go back and read the thread a few pages.

UpstateBison
November 30th, 2018, 07:50 PM

From an outside perspective, I can’t wait to see this game played. The SoCon is a much better conference. However, the Big South is not playing the SoCon. Wofford is playing Kennesaw State. It is the same as saying the MVFC is not strong if you eliminate NDSU. It makes no sense. The top SoCon team is playing the top Big South team. The better team will win.

HootyHoo
November 30th, 2018, 08:34 PM
https://twitter.com/KSUEATzone/status/1068652143870124032

This video drips hard af.

LET'S GO OWLS!

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 08:39 PM
https://twitter.com/KSUEATzone/status/1068652143870124032

This video drips hard af.

LET'S GO OWLS!I found a solution for your leaky video. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181201/d969fa08ac016f986cd1f12a50110697.jpg

FUBeAR
November 30th, 2018, 11:45 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/6qz9wYRR/CDDAF57-F-6-AAE-4-B6-F-80-EB-E2-D0-BAC471-ED.png

Ruh-roh...

This game might not be finished until Sunday morning.

http://khabarsamay.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/lightning.jpg

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2018, 08:01 AM
AccuWeather is a little more generous in terms of predicting thunderstorms today

ElCid
December 1st, 2018, 08:26 AM
AccuWeather is a little more generous in terms of predicting thunderstorms today

Yeah, rain for sure but I think T'storm is spotty at best.

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2018, 08:37 AM
Weather channel has a wet bias (because of reasons) but two other services aren't predicting thunderstorms.

Fingers crossed ?

BisonBacker
December 1st, 2018, 08:46 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/6qz9wYRR/CDDAF57-F-6-AAE-4-B6-F-80-EB-E2-D0-BAC471-ED.png

Ruh-roh...

This game might not be finished until Sunday morning.

http://khabarsamay.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/lightning.jpg
That lightning picture is way cool!

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2018, 09:43 AM
Weather channel has a wet bias (because of reasons) but two other services aren't predicting thunderstorms.

Fingers crossed ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkGameDay at the Benz in ATL just said they moved inside because of LIGHTNING in the area.

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2018, 10:09 AM
Just got off work. Rain coming down pretty good here in Conyers. Wouldn't be looking forward to playing in this crap.

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2018, 10:19 AM
AccuWeather is more reliable on specific hour by hour weather (thunderstorms, etc). It's predicting it getting better (to an extent)

Again, fingers crossed

ElCid
December 1st, 2018, 10:19 AM
Just got off work. Rain coming down pretty good here in Conyers. Wouldn't be looking forward to playing in this crap.

Playing? Your saxophone? I kid, I kid.

Reign of Terrier
December 1st, 2018, 11:52 AM
Looks like it's going to clear up for at least the first half

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2018, 11:53 AM
Looks like it's going to clear up for at least the first half

Shouldn't you guys be able to play the whole game in a half's worth of time anyway?

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2018, 12:59 PM
HOOTY HOO!

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2018, 01:06 PM
How many hundred fans are in attendance?

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2018, 01:07 PM
How many hundred fans are in attendance?

Maybe 300 by the looks of it

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2018, 01:12 PM
Chandler Burks showing off that Anti-aircraft arm early.

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2018, 01:14 PM
jsu's home playoff wasn't exactly packed to the rafters either...

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2018, 01:16 PM

No but our rafters are a LOT higher than yours.

FUBeAR
December 1st, 2018, 01:19 PM
Woffy OL looking like they did against FU.

Tighten it up RatDogs!

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 01:23 PM
JSU had 10,000 on thanksgiving weekend, KSU has 600 for a second round game. Most of the time when a program gets good they have no trouble drawing good crowds for the playoffs.

This has to be embarrassing for KSU fans.

HootyHoo
December 1st, 2018, 01:26 PM
JSU had 10,000 on thanksgiving weekend, KSU has 600 for a second round game. Most of the time when a program gets good they have no trouble drawing good crowds for the playoffs.

This has to be embarrassing for KSU fans.

When does your game start?

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2018, 01:28 PM

Don't get mad. Even they outdraw you guys.

Bison56
December 1st, 2018, 01:29 PM
My team is terrible, but our attendance is better blah blah blah

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 01:34 PM
There are more people at Bowers right now than at your stadium...

Its ok, Sam beat you last year and Wofford will beat you this year.