TheValleyRaider
November 24th, 2018, 05:59 PM
The Dukes and the Raiders meet in Hamilton

cx500d
November 24th, 2018, 06:01 PM
After today, I really like Colgate’s chances... I hope to see you in Fargo

Bison56
November 24th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Haven’t seen a lot of both teams, but what I have seen I have to pick Colgate in a low scoring defensive game.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2018, 06:10 PM
......GET THEM...VIRGINIA BOYS.....UP IN DUH NEW YORK WILDS........RAW WEATHER.........MISSIN' DEY'RE MOMMIES.........START PLUCKIN' DUH BANJO......RAIDERS........AWK!

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2018, 06:11 PM
going with Gate

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 24th, 2018, 06:19 PM
I like 'Gate so long as Breneman is healthy and ready to go!

Maybe I'll run into a few AGS'ers!! I'll be interested to see how many JMU fans make the trek up 81.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 24th, 2018, 06:25 PM
JMU is playoff hardened over the last few years and that proves beneficial next week.

JMU wins this one.

Reign of Terrier
November 24th, 2018, 06:26 PM
The key matchup will be Colgate offense is JMU defense. I am taking it as a given that JMU will somewhat struggle on offense

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BisonBacker
November 24th, 2018, 06:33 PM
I picked JMU but I'm hoping I'm wrong and Colgate wins it.

jmu007
November 24th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Dukes. Today’s game is just another in a disconnected season. Nothing really seems to carry over week to week with JMU. Could be a 14-13 battle, could be 28-7 in either direction. Who the hell knows with this team.

ngineer
November 24th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Goin with the Raiders in a tight relatively low scoring game, 21-17.

Kramden
November 24th, 2018, 07:07 PM
Not sure which QB will play for the 'Gate. Without their starter, JMU may just completely shut them down, and, with JMU's special teams and overall athleticism, can win this game 20-3. If Gate plays error free ball and doesn't get beat on Special Teams, And their starter plays at QB, I think they have a chance in a low scoring affair, like 17-10.

KPSUL
November 24th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Due to both weather, and two tough defenses, the game will be low scoring. In Harrisonburg todays Delaware score, 20-6, sounds about right, in Hamilton, NY, I'm saying 17 - 10 JMU wins.

Herder
November 24th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Delaware QB OMG, statuesque. Hopefully Colgate gives JMU a game.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Delaware QB OMG, statuesque. Hopefully Colgate gives JMU a game.

Delaware Express Bus cancelled trip to Statue of Liberty after the Stony Brook game

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 24th, 2018, 08:29 PM
Toothpaste versus a Founding Father.

Classic matchup.

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2018, 10:15 PM
Have fun in Hamilton. Take the under.

ElCid
November 24th, 2018, 10:30 PM
Looking forward to this game along with the KSU/Wofford game. Can't wait to see Colgate's D against JMU.

Bisonoline
November 24th, 2018, 10:32 PM
If Colgate is as good as their seed and what people have been saying then they should beat JMU who really isnt playing good football IMO.

Bill
November 24th, 2018, 10:58 PM

Classic matchup.

Wait a minute - was not Hamilton a founding father...you know, the whole Federalist papers thing? ;)

TheValleyRaider
November 24th, 2018, 11:13 PM

Classic matchup.

Wait a minute - was not Hamilton a founding father...you know, the whole Federalist papers thing? ;)

Fun fact: Colgate used to be named Madison University (after the county, which was named for you-know-who)

jmu007
November 25th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Just booked hotel and tickets for this one. See yea there. Roll Damn Dukes.

Gil Dobie
November 25th, 2018, 09:56 AM
I didn't think Delaware was a good team when they played in Fargo. Colgate looks much better, but I just think JMU will win this one due to playoff experience.

ming01
November 25th, 2018, 11:45 AM
If I could pick another game to see itd be this one. 16-13 JMU. Total might open at 30.

dewey
November 25th, 2018, 11:48 AM
I think James Madison's playoff experience pays off and they win a defensive battle. Possibly due to the special teams play of Amos.

Dewey

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2018, 11:52 AM
I think James Madison's playoff experience pays off and they win a defensive battle. Possibly due to the special teams play of Amos.

Dewey

Amos is a talent..... JMU, after looking like they were back on track against the Paper Towelson Defense, struggled yesterday against my boys..... We will learn pretty early if the Colgate D is as great as advertised, I think they probably are, but will they be able to score?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2018, 11:56 AM
One playoff experienced player Colgate has is RB James Holland. He ran for 165 yards and 2 TDs in 'Gates 2015 playoff win over JMU. Holland went for 166 and a TD on 17 carries against Army last week.The Raiders have a few other guys that saw the field in that game as freshman. The Raiders OL is really good. Holland and Breneman are really tough to stop in the running game. Breneman is also a pretty good passer. Much better than Atwood who started the last two games of the year. The biggest issue I see Colgate having is not really being able to stretch the field vertically. The WR's are solid but not great. Ives and Rockett get some pub but neither one is going to scare you. Also, their DB's ability to defend deeper routes. They're great in run support but I think they can be had with some athleticism.

'Gate fans, any word on Wheeler and the DT (Roaur?)

This should be a great one! I can't wait for Saturday!

jmu007
November 25th, 2018, 12:03 PM
People keep bringing up 2015. You all do realize that was an entirely different coaching staff that didn’t know defense was a thing?

My prediction; First team to go ahead by 2 scores wins.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2018, 12:08 PM
People keep bringing up 2015. You all do realize that was an entirely different coaching staff that didn’t know defense was a thing?

I think in some ways it matters. The Colgate senior class (which is loaded) has playoff experience even it wasn't on the field. They know what game prep is like, traveling, facing an unknown environment is like etc. From those aspects I think it helps. But in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it matters all that much. Colgate played at West Point on Senior Day last week. They'll be ready for an emotionally charged game.

jmu007
November 25th, 2018, 12:13 PM
I think in some ways it matters. The Colgate senior class (which is loaded) has playoff experience even it wasn't on the field. They know what game prep is like, traveling, facing an unknown environment is like etc. From those aspects I think it helps. But in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it matters all that much. Colgate played at West Point on Senior Day last week. They'll be ready for an emotionally charged game.

Fair point on experience take.

Is there a good place to see video of Colgate games? Only game I’ve been able to find is W&M game via Tribe’s on demand site.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2018, 12:15 PM

Is there a good place to see video of Colgate games? Only game I’ve been able to find is W&M game via Tribe’s on demand site.

All PL games are on here. Just use the calendar feature to select game dates....

https://watchstadium.com/network/patriot-league-network/

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2018, 12:17 PM

Potentially ESPN3 and/or ESPN+?

jmu007
November 25th, 2018, 12:19 PM
All PL games are on here. Just use the calendar feature to select game dates....

https://watchstadium.com/network/patriot-league-network/

Thank you very much!

edit: Extra thanks now that I just realized I have Stadium app on my Apple TV. Just pulled up Lehigh game on the big screen. Solid suggestion.

TheValleyRaider
November 25th, 2018, 12:19 PM

All PL and home games were on Stadium: https://watchstadium.com/network/patriot-league-network/

Slow on the draw, it appears

jmu007
November 25th, 2018, 12:25 PM
All PL and home games were on Stadium: https://watchstadium.com/network/patriot-league-network/

Slow on the draw, it appears

Still appreciated. Decided to pull up Georgetown game instead so I could see the stadium. Looks really good on TV. Looking forward to seeing it in person Saturday.

Daytripper
November 25th, 2018, 12:46 PM
This game and the KSU - Wofford game are the most intriguing to me. Looking forward to both. If I have to pick a winner, I will go Colgate 21 JMU 17.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 12:50 PM
SOCON officiating crew in this game according to refstripes (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0). Last week a SOCON crew officiated the Duquesne/Towson game.

jmu007
November 25th, 2018, 12:52 PM
SOCON officiating crew in this game according to refstripes (http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=14211.0). Last week a SOCON crew officiated the Duquesne/Towson game.

OVC crew yesterday made me appreciate CAA officials. Looking forward to the SOCON crew. haha

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 01:07 PM
OVC crew yesterday made me appreciate CAA officials. Looking forward to the SOCON crew. haha
Well, us Montana St/NDSU peeps are the lucky ones that get an OVC crew this week so not super excited to hear that. Didn't catch the JMU/UD game since I was on the road for part and watching the Montana St/UIW game but sounded like that OVC crew made a pretty controversial targeting call in that game.

jmu007
November 25th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Well, us Montana St/NDSU peeps are the lucky ones that get an OVC crew this week so not super excited to hear that. Didn't catch the JMU/UD game since I was on the road for part and watching the Montana St/UIW game but sounded like that OVC crew made a pretty controversial targeting call in that game.

That targeting call was controversial because it was against a QB and negated an INT. Was 100% correct though when you take a step back. Kid who made the hit was looking straight down and leading with top of helmet into chest of QB. Momentum of the hit took his helmet into chin of QB, but if he isn't staring at the ground to begin with he would've had a great and legal shot at the QB.

The kind of calls you're going to go nuts about is when Eastin Stick scrambles, get a yard past the line to gain, begins his slide, and the OVC ref moves the ball to 1 yard behind the line and says 4th down. =)

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2018, 01:25 PM
That targeting call was controversial because it was against a QB and negated an INT. Was 100% correct though when you take a step back. Kid who made the hit was looking straight down and leading with top of helmet into chest of QB. Momentum of the hit took his helmet into chin of QB, but if he isn't staring at the ground to begin with he would've had a great and legal shot at the QB.

The kind of calls you're going to go nuts about is when Eastin Stick scrambles, get a yard past the line to gain, begins his slide, and the OVC ref moves the ball to 1 yard behind the line and says 4th down. =)

Bison fans.....has Stick ever slid? I honestly dont remember.

Kramden
November 25th, 2018, 01:29 PM
Still appreciated. Decided to pull up Georgetown game instead so I could see the stadium. Looks really good on TV. Looking forward to seeing it in person Saturday.

One of the nicest campuses I have been to. Field is ok.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2018, 01:42 PM
One of the nicest campuses I have been to. Field is ok.

The campus is really nice! Hamilton is what you would expect for a central NY college town , rather bucolic. The "home side" Fred Dunlap stand is extremely nice. The "away side" is nothing much than your typical high school bleacher seating. Good place to watch a game. The parking/tailgating area is pretty small. If JMU fans plan to attend in mass hopefully they re-arrange something.

From the 'Gate-Lehigh game in '15. There was a little token snow...

https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12227809_1073065616059202_873029345160006602_n.jpg ?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=e81e3a0a11762b4909b7d1d4ff321407&oe=5C72AAAF

https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/12241523_1073065636059200_5078427016427521715_n.jp g?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=c9a328aa3c66269e1712daae7fd50937&oe=5CAFF3DD

cx500d
November 25th, 2018, 01:46 PM
https://golfadvisor.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/8a77457/2147483647/strip/true/crop/720x430+0+23/resize/2880x1720!/format/jpg/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgolfadvisor.brightspotcdn.com%2 F31%2Fd5%2Fb058a5d3bd7c5d4f5e46f085f1ed%2Fp.php

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2018, 01:48 PM

Are the Bison QBs even allowed to slide?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Just realized I've seen games at all 4 stadiums (Colgate, JMU, NDSU, Montana State) in this sub-bracket. :)

I've also been to Game Day at JMU. Well, the Friday version in 2015.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2018, 02:37 PM
https://golfadvisor.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/8a77457/2147483647/strip/true/crop/720x430+0+23/resize/2880x1720!/format/jpg/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgolfadvisor.brightspotcdn.com%2 F31%2Fd5%2Fb058a5d3bd7c5d4f5e46f085f1ed%2Fp.php

wow, that looks like a Monet.....

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 02:52 PM
Team stats comparison for this matchup:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4810/45998346332_5283c3314b_z.jpg

KPSUL
November 25th, 2018, 03:04 PM
The parking/tailgating area is pretty small. If JMU fans plan to attend in mass hopefully they re-arrange something.

JMU fans have a history of re-arranging, and even deranging tail-gate areas so hopefully the will pre-arrange something at Colgate.

But if the number of JMU fans we get at New Hampshire is any indication, don't expect too many.

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 04:02 PM

I see. Didn't see either play so I'll take your word for it. One thing that does irritate me though is when referees don't mark the QB down where he started going into the sliding motion if he does slide. They screw this up all the time if the NFL too and mark him down where he hits the ground which is usually at least a yard after he starts the slide. In any case looks like JMU overcame the questionable officiating.

Negative

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2018, 05:40 PM

looked like a perfectly clean hit to me, play of the game.....

Redbird 4th & short
November 25th, 2018, 06:57 PM
JMU by 2 ..... 8-6 .. all safeties.

TypicalTribe
November 25th, 2018, 07:41 PM
wow, that looks like a Monet.....

It's gorgeous up there in the fall when the leaves turn. Hard to find a better college golf course closer to campus than Seven Oaks.

Herder
November 25th, 2018, 07:48 PM

He slid on the last play of the 2017 season, before the confetti started.

The Duke Dog
November 25th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Will be there - heading up Friday so we can get a good tailgate spot Saturday morning. JMU wins a close, low scoring one, 14-10 / 10-7 but we will be further frustrated with our offensive inconsistency. Hoping to see a little more variety with the play calling -

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 08:04 PM
JMU opens as a 4.5 point road favorite according to 5dimes.

ngineer
November 25th, 2018, 08:06 PM
Keep in mind the weather forecast and pack accordingly!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2018, 08:28 PM
It's gorgeous up there in the fall when the leaves turn. Hard to find a better college golf course closer to campus than Seven Oaks.

Great track! I had a membership up there two years ago. Definitely got my money's worth as a non-resident given the daily fee rates. I've gotten to know Colgate's golf coach a little bit. He brought Colgate Head Coach Dan Hunt to the club I work at this spring. All good guys!

https://scontent.fagc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/46725848_2239317739433978_4970154936823185408_n.jp g?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=8dac7058b69877153fbc868b7c3e32c4&oe=5C6B7532

cx500d
November 25th, 2018, 08:31 PM
Keep in mind the weather forecast and pack accordingly!

Is there a place to buy cold weather survival gear on the drive up?

Bisonoline
November 25th, 2018, 08:35 PM

Cabelas---next day delivery xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 25th, 2018, 08:39 PM

It gets legitimately cold in Harrisonburg! Heck, I went to a NASCAR race this past March in Martinsville, VA (SW VA) and it got snowed out! If the forecast does change and snow becomes possible then I think it would favor Colgate a little bit. Otherwise the cold won't matter. JMU is basically a cold weather team. Likewise fellow mountainous southern teams like WCU and ETSU. Boone was always fun this time of year!

Professor Chaos
November 25th, 2018, 09:20 PM

Watching the replay now and I'd agree that it was the correct call. However I think whether his helmet slid up to Dinucci's chin is immaterial. I'm pretty sure the rule is you can't lead with the crown of the helmet at all. I don't think the color commentator knows the rule since he kept referencing that the hit had to be to the head of neck which I'm pretty sure isn't the rule anymore. Might be wrong but if I'm correct that's the right call no matter what the helmet hit.

Ivytalk
November 25th, 2018, 09:43 PM
I like Colgate in this one by about 4. Watching a well-functioning, solid defense is a rare treat these days.

Go...gate
November 25th, 2018, 11:45 PM

Not to mention that Colgate is located in Madison County, NY.

centennial
November 26th, 2018, 05:29 AM
JMU opens as a 4.5 point road favorite according to 5dimes.

JMU has had a few one sided blowouts. That has increased the Sagarin rankings (which makes the line 4.5), right now I wouldn't bet on either team. JMU is super inconsistent. This will be a interesting matchup.

The Duke Dog
November 26th, 2018, 06:26 AM
[QUOTE=centennial;2719273]JMU is super inconsistent. QUOTE]

There is no outcome that will surprise me - a blow out either way or a close game. All depends on what team shows up for JMU. Regardless - if they pull this off, not looking forward to Fargo...first things first, win or it doesn't matter.

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2018, 07:12 AM

....IS DIS "PINE VALLEY".....WHERE ERICKA KANE.......PRACTICED....HER WITCHY WAYS.........xdontknowx.........BRAWK!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2018, 07:22 AM
I like Colgate in this one by about 4. Watching a well-functioning, solid defense is a rare treat these days.

This has been a staple at NDSU for many years now.

I voted JMU to win this but actually hope Colgate wins this just to see this defense in person. Bison might just be a tad bit better competition compared to Patriot teams....

semobison
November 26th, 2018, 07:33 AM
I've watched both teams play. I picked Colgate but wouldn't put money on them. Two good defensive teams! I predict a slobberknocker, wouldn't be surprised if 14 points is enough to win this.

Dukie95
November 26th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Hope JMU can pull off the upset here.

POD Knows
November 26th, 2018, 09:37 AM
JMU rolls these guys

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2018, 09:39 AM
JMU rolls these guys
You need to #bookit

The Boogie Down
November 26th, 2018, 10:25 AM
I "think" James Madison University will win (19-16 sounds right) but voted with my heart for former Madison University. After the Army loss it's now the ONLY way the PL can save any face this year.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2018, 10:43 AM

Dewey

Ever since he burned VU in mid-October, teams have been intentionally kicking away from him. Sometimes even taking a kick out of bounds penalty.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2018, 10:47 AM

My prediction; First team to go ahead by 2 scores wins.

Yeah, it's pretty dumb to keep bringing up a game from 3 seasons ago as if those same teams and coaching staffs are going to take the field on Saturday. That's just lazy logic.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2018, 10:49 AM
I saw UNH without their starting QB play Colgate, nothing about Colgate impressed me in the 10-3 loss for UNH. I also saw UNH play and beat JMU with their starting QB, don't get me wrong I'm happy UNH won but we had like 2 pick sixes, another INT. JMU was a more talented team. JMU moved the ball and scored a lot during the second half.

If JMU doesn't turn the ball over and executes a good game plan
JMU 35-17

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2018, 10:51 AM

If it's the same crew that just called the JMU/UD game, look out. They were ****ing terrible. Their bad calls and bad spots probably took at least one JMU TD drive away. Two of our drives stalled when we had a first down by 1 or 2 yards but they were off from the spot by 2-3 yards easily. It was awful. Didn't bother to review either.

Two INTs taken back for JMU on bogus PI calls, etc. Too much to name really. Holds not called all game.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2018, 10:56 AM

FYI the targeting call may have been controversial to UD fans, but it was the correct call. Clear as day on video replay. That was actually one of their few correct calls all game.

There was also a second target on DiNucci later on in that drive that they reviewed but didn't apply. It was incorrect for them to also not call that a targeting. QB was pinned down by defenders and defenseless, player lead with head and moved upwards towards QB's head. Bad no call.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2018, 11:02 AM

If Colgate's QB just stands in the EZ like a statue like Keheo did for JMU's safety, we just might get a few.

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 26th, 2018, 12:14 PM
Hope JMU can pull off the upset here.
I'm with you on that one. No pressure on the Dukes.

BDKJMU
November 26th, 2018, 01:12 PM
If it's the same crew that just called the JMU/UD game, look out. They were ****ing terrible. Their bad calls and bad spots probably took at least one JMU TD drive away. Two of our drives stalled when we had a first down by 1 or 2 yards but they were off from the spot by 2-3 yards easily. It was awful. Didn't bother to review either.

Two INTs taken back for JMU on bogus PI calls, etc. Too much to name really. Holds not called all game.

On that series that had 3 INTs, 2 called back, the 1st one call negating Moreland’s pick was BS when he was shielding the UD WR as he was making the pick (commentators thought so too). The 2nd one that negated Wayne Davis’s pick was a legit call. Davis held the UD WR before the pick. Didn’t matter because Tutt got a pick after that.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2018, 01:19 PM
If Colgate's QB just stands in the EZ like a statue like Keheo did for JMU's safety, we just might get a few.

After the Stony Brook game, the Bluehen Express Bus tour took a vote and decided to cancel the trip to the Statue of Liberty.... they had seen enough

Kehoe reportedly played thru a partially torn ACL, he was never a mobile QB but he was indeed statuesque after the injury suffered in UNH game

BDKJMU
November 26th, 2018, 01:23 PM
FYI the targeting call may have been controversial to UD fans, but it was the correct call. Clear as day on video replay. That was actually one of their few correct calls all game.

There was also a second target on DiNucci later on in that drive that they reviewed but didn't apply. It was incorrect for them to also not call that a targeting. QB was pinned down by defenders and defenseless, player lead with head and moved upwards towards QB's head. Bad no call.
No it wasn’t. By rule, Dinucci wasn't defensiveness because he had forward momentum. The UD LB came in low, leading with his shoulder, exactly as tackling is taught. Dinucci was falling forward, also low, which caused Dinucci to be bit in the head. The only other option the UD LB had was to not hit him and allow him the extra yard or 2. The officials were only reviwing the targeting portion of the call, and they were correct after reviewing it, saying it was not targeting. They couldn’t overturn the unecessary roughness part of the call.

If the roles had been reversed, Kehoe scrambling,...nevermind, that statue couldn't scramble..
..If it had been an opposing QB, and a JMU LB did the exact same hit, and was ejected for targeting, almost every JMU fan would have been livid over the call.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2018, 01:34 PM
No it wasn’t. By rule, Dinucci wasn't defensiveness because he had forward momentum. The UD LB came in low, leading with his shoulder, exactly as tackling is taught. Dinucci was falling forward, also low, which caused Dinucci to be bit in the head. The only other option the UD LB had was to not hit him and allow him the extra yard or 2. The officials were only reviwing the targeting portion of the call, and they were correct after reviewing it, saying it was not targeting. They couldn’t overturn the unecessary roughness part of the call.

If the roles had been reversed, Kehoe scrambling,...nevermind, that statue couldn't scramble..
..If it had been an opposing QB, and a JMU LB did the exact same hit, and was ejected for targeting, almost every JMU fan would have been livid over the call.

using reason on AGS, good luck Sir....

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2018, 01:39 PM
using reason on AGS, good luck Sir....

You wouldn't be arguing the first targeting wasn't a targeting if it was on Kehoe. The difference being that the first targeting call was indeed correct, UD fans' opinions aside.

Like I said, one of the correct calls in the game during an overall poorly officiated game.

DFW HOYA
November 26th, 2018, 01:45 PM
I picked JMU but I'm hoping I'm wrong and Colgate wins it.

Agreed.

Weather forecast: 35 degrees and a 40% chance of rain.

Lehigh'98
November 26th, 2018, 05:26 PM
My phones says cold & wet Saturday in Hamilton. Would be pretty suprised to see the total over 35 for this game. Hunt seems like an excellent coach who will have his guys ready. We all know Houston will as well. Good luck Gate.

cx500d
November 26th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Does wet weather favor Colgate?

MR. CHICKEN
November 26th, 2018, 05:44 PM
.......DINUCCI'S ARM.....IS LIKE UH NORFF KOREAN ROCKET LAUNCHER..........NEVER KNOW...WHERE PIGGY ENDS UP...........BRAWK!

KPSUL
November 26th, 2018, 05:45 PM
On that series that had 3 INTs, 2 called back, the 1st one call negating Moreland’s pick was BS when he was shielding the UD WR as he was making the pick (commentators thought so too). The 2nd one that negated Wayne Davis’s pick was a legit call. Davis held the UD WR before the pick. Didn’t matter because Tutt got a pick after that.

That Moreland interference call was ridiculous.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Does wet weather favor Colgate?

Maybe, but JMU has an excellent group of RBs and the guys up front to make some holes. JMU is the better team, unless they lose the turnover battle in a big way like they did vs New Hampshire, they win by more than 1 TD.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2018, 05:51 PM
You wouldn't be arguing the first targeting wasn't a targeting if it was on Kehoe. The difference being that the first targeting call was indeed correct, UD fans' opinions aside.

Like I said, one of the correct calls in the game during an overall poorly officiated game.

I think it was your first play from scrimmage when the JMU back when around the corner for about 20 yards but the Refs did actually call the holding on your DL, your guy was not trying to hide it looked like he was trying to pull Colby Reeders shirt off,,,,, play called back,,,,,, but yes, it was a bad day for the refs

Your offense looked like it had found some sea legs during the Towson game but reverted back to slump against Delaware, just goes to show ya how bad Towson Defense was, Let's see if Colgate D is as good as advertised....

jmu007
November 26th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Maybe, but JMU has an excellent group of RBs and the guys up front to make some holes. JMU is the better team, unless they lose the turnover battle in a big way like they did vs New Hampshire, they win by more than 1 TD.

I doubt the weather will have any impact at all on this game unless the current forecast gets a lot worse.

This game is such a damn misnomer though. I've watch segments from 3 different games of Colgate now and I can't make heads or tails of how good they really are. Biggest game I can't get past is W&M. Colgate put together 1 TD drive vs W&M. JMU put up 51 and could've score 70+ if they wanted to with how that game was going.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2018, 06:22 PM
I think it was your first play from scrimmage when the JMU back when around the corner for about 20 yards but the Refs did actually call the holding on your DL, your guy was not trying to hide it looked like he was trying to pull Colby Reeders shirt off,,,,, play called back,,,,,, but yes, it was a bad day for the refs

Your offense looked like it had found some sea legs during the Towson game but reverted back to slump against Delaware, just goes to show ya how bad Towson Defense was, Let's see if Colgate D is as good as advertised....

You gotta quit streaming games on your iPhone while out in the bright Caribbean sun. Delaware's defense played vey well, holding JMU to 18 offensive points while the UofD offense was not sustaining drives, outgained by 140 yards and lost the possession battle 37mins to 23 mins.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2018, 06:39 PM
I doubt the weather will have any impact at all on this game unless the current forecast gets a lot worse.

This game is such a damn misnomer though. I've watch segments from 3 different games of Colgate now and I can't make heads or tails of how good they really are. Biggest game I can't get past is W&M. Colgate put together 1 TD drive vs W&M. JMU put up 51 and could've score 70+ if they wanted to with how that game was going.

UNH should have beaten Colgate when Trevor Knight was out, at least 3 starters out from at best an average OL and Carlos Washington had not figured out the college RB position yet. We had a touchdown called back due from a pointless holding call and our D totally shut them down in the 2nd half. There is reason for the fact you can't make sense of Colgate, their big wins were against the worst PL ever. Georgetown tied for 2nd place. Maybe they got much better after the UNH game, we'll see, but I'd buy my plane tickets to Fargo this week if I was you.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2018, 06:42 PM
.......DINUCCI'S ARM.....IS LIKE UH NORFF KOREAN ROCKET LAUNCHER..........NEVER KNOW...WHERE PIGGY ENDS UP...........BRAWK!

BETTA DEN... A STATUE FOH... uh QB! BRAWK!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2018, 06:54 PM
UNH should have beaten Colgate when Trevor Knight was out, at least 3 starters out from at best an average OL and Carlos Washington had not figured out the college RB position yet. We had a touchdown called back due from a pointless holding call and our D totally shut them down in the 2nd half. There is reason for the fact you can't make sense of Colgate, their big wins were against the worst PL ever. Georgetown tied for 2nd place. Maybe they got much better after the UNH game, we'll see, but I'd buy my plane tickets to Fargo this week if I was you.

I'm waiting for you to discredit UNH's win over JMU just to prove how easily JMU will win.

I know you're not a fan of the PL and/or simply think the league is a joke and can't compete. Either way, I give you credit for being consistent. This 'Gate team can ball...

KPSUL
November 26th, 2018, 06:55 PM
BETTA DEN... A STATUE FOH... uh QB! BRAWK!

Everyone wants a 6-4, 230lbs QB now-a-days, but guys with those dimensions who end up in the FCS generally are not quick or elusive enough to extend plays the way DeNucci or Knight can. (Please NDSU fan, I Know Wentz was the exception) Albany's Freshman QB was big and has a strong arm but he was a sitting duck in the pocket too.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2018, 07:03 PM

I want to point out that KPSUL is right more often than not. He tends to know his CFB.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2018, 07:13 PM
I'm waiting for you to discredit UNH's win over JMU just to prove how easily JMU will win.

I know you're not a fan of the PL and/or simply think the league is a joke and can't compete. Either way, I give you credit for being consistent. This 'Gate team can ball...

Well I guess you were wrong - nothing new. The UNH offense that played JMU was significantly better than the offense on the field against Colgate. And we won the turnover battle 6-0 vs JMU, lost 2-1 vs Colgate. If JMU turns over the ball 6 times vs Colgate I'm sure JMU will lose this Saturday - I just don't think they will it's simply not characteristic of a Mike Houston team.

I'm sensing this game could end up like Lehigh @ UNH in the 2016 playoffs with a favored PL Champion coming in touted as the best league team in years. I'm sure you remember how that one ended up.

Of course I could end up wrong, it wouldn't be the 1st time!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2018, 07:20 PM
JMU rolls these guys

This here.

JMU by 2 scores or more IMO.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2018, 07:23 PM
Colgate needs their starting QB available or I don’t see JMU losing outside another UNH-like turnover fest.

Bison56
November 26th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Sounds like this is just a bye week for JMU.xcoffeex

KPSUL
November 26th, 2018, 07:35 PM
And I truly don't think the Patriot League is a joke. I think it is a league comprised of fantastic schools with fans who know and love football. If anything, I find the football league to be disappointing and sort of an enigma. I fully expected the PL to become one of the best FCS conferences when they began to offer scholarships - they have so much to offer perspective student athletes and the schools are well situated to take advantage of some of the best recruiting real estate in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. The school administrations and athletics departments are shooting themselves in the foot and tying the football staff's hands with arcane and outdated cider-house league rules. If you choose to play college sports at a certain level you need to avail yourself of all the tools the NCAA allows at the level - unless your league name begins with Ivy and ever 4 star recruit who is smart enough to realize thet making it to the NFL is at best a long shot wants to attend your university.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Well I guess you were wrong - nothing new. The UNH offense that played JMU was significantly better than the offense on the field against Colgate. And we won the turnover battle 6-0 vs JMU, lost 2-1 vs Colgate. If JMU turns over the ball 6 times vs Colgate I'm sure JMU will lose this Saturday - I just don't think they will it's simply not characteristic of a Mike Houston team.

I'm sensing this game could end up like Lehigh @ UNH in the 2016 playoffs with a favored PL Champion coming in touted as the best league team in years. I'm sure you remember how that one end up.

Of course I could end up wrong, it wouldn't be the 1st time!

What was I wrong about?

Colgate played UNH nearly 3 months ago. It was the second game of the season. The Wildcats were looking to bounce back after a tough loss to a bitter rival. The season and opportunities were still in front of them even without Knight (who was expected back from basically the minute he got hurt). They were at home, against a ranked team in Colgate and played tough but lost. Both teams evolved as the season went on.

Lehigh was not touted as the best team in "years" to come out of the PL in 2016. The reason Lehigh was the betting favorite was more to do with UNH being perceived as a so-so 7-4 team that lost to Albany iirc but snuck got in. Most (including Vegas) figured it would be a pretty evenly matched game between teams that were ranked in the 15-20 range. That Lehigh team didn't have nearly the defense, it's starting QB (PL Offensive POY) was out and the OC was headed off to Elon. This Colgate team is definitely more well rounded assuming Breneman is healthy.

I drove to Durham in 2016 and I'll be in Hamilton this Saturday. I don't expect the results to be anywhere close to the same...

KPSUL
November 26th, 2018, 07:52 PM
What was I wrong about?

Colgate played UNH nearly 3 months ago. It was the second game of the season. The Wildcats were looking to bounce back after a tough loss to a bitter rival. The season and opportunities were still in front of them even without Knight (who was expected back from basically the minute he got hurt). They were at home, against a ranked team in Colgate and played tough but lost. Both teams evolved as the season went on.

Lehigh was not touted as the best team in "years" to come out of the PL in 2016. The reason Lehigh was the betting favorite was more to do with UNH being perceived as a so-so 7-4 team that lost to Albany iirc but snuck got in. Most (including Vegas) figured it would be a pretty evenly matched game between teams that were ranked in the 15-20 range. That Lehigh team didn't have nearly the defense, it's starting QB (PL Offensive POY) was out and the OC was headed off to Elon. This Colgate team is definitely more well rounded assuming Breneman is healthy.

You were wrong to think I would discredit UNHs win vs JMU - instead I discredit Colgate's win over UNH this season.

I think the comparison to 2016 Lehigh is an excellent one. Lehigh played Villanova tough, won three straight games against Ivy opponents (Penn, Princeton and Yale) and breezed through their Ivy League schedule the way Colgate did this year. Few if any of the games were even close. The only difference was that Lehigh was considered an offensive juggernaut, Colgate a defensive. There was also the 2014 Fordham team that was considered head and shoulders above the rest of the Patriot - not as valid a comparison since when UNH blew them out UNH was the #1 seed.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Colgate needs their starting QB available or I don’t see JMU losing outside another UNH-like turnover fest.

Absolutely! Breneman is far more dynamic than Atwood. JMU will shutdown the 'Gate "O" if Breneman isn't ready to go.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2018, 08:01 PM
You were wrong to think I would discredit UNH's wins JMU - instead I discredit Colgate's win over UNH this season.

I think the comparison to 2016 Lehigh is an excellent one. Lehigh played Villanova tough, won three straight games against Ivy opponents (Penn, Princeton and Yale) and breezed through their Ivy League schedule the way Colgate did this year. Few if any of the games were even close. The only difference was that Lehigh was considered an offensive juggernaut, Colgate a defensive. There was also the 2014 Fordham team that was considered head and shoulders above the rest of the Patriot - not as valid a comparison since when UNH blew them out UNH was the #1 seed.

Colgate is a seeded team, ranked in the Top 10 and went 9-0 against FCS competition. That Lehigh team I believe entered the playoffs ranked 14th. Lehigh, with a healthy Shafnisky, was definitely a really dynamic offense. Better than Colgate's this year. But their defense wasn't anywhere close to being as good as Colgate's is. If Breneman isn't healthy then Colgate will be in serious trouble like Lehigh was without Shafnisky. But they're not going to give up 50+ points. They'll just get smothered 27-6 or something imo.

The 3 recent PL teams (last 10 years) that compare to this Colgate squad are 2013 Fordham, 2011 Lehigh and 2009 Holy Cross. Those team were loaded with great junior and senior classes and were solid on both sides of the ball. The 2014 Fordham team was similar to 2016 Lehigh. Great offense but the defense wasn't good enough to challenge nationally. 2014 Fordham lost 50-6 to Villanova in the regular season. The Ram's really didn't play much defense in Morehead's last 2 years. 2013 was their chance but they ran into Terrance West and a Towson team of destiny.

cx500d
November 26th, 2018, 08:20 PM
....IS DIS "PINE VALLEY".....WHERE ERICKA KANE.......PRACTICED....HER WITCHY WAYS.........xdontknowx.........BRAWK!

Dude....soap operas? Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison56
November 26th, 2018, 08:31 PM

We saw what happened last time JMU played a team with a healthy QB.

gofurman
November 26th, 2018, 09:19 PM
I just find it hard to pick a Colgate or Lehigh because every time I see them play someone good OOC, ..., it doesn't go well. If JMU comes in fired up - and they should as they were shafted a seed - I don't see Colgate winning. maybe this is the Colgate team that has it, I don't know

NY Crusader 2010
November 26th, 2018, 09:29 PM
I just find it hard to pick a Colgate or Lehigh because every time I see them play someone good OOC, ..., it doesn't go well. If JMU comes in fired up - and they should as they were shafted a seed - I don't see Colgate winning. maybe this is the Colgate team that has it, I don't know

Agree. This JMU team should win this game if they come to play -- home or away. Dukes defense wins this one.

JMU 23, Colgate 7

ming01
November 26th, 2018, 09:36 PM
Jmu now favored by 6

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 26th, 2018, 09:45 PM
Agree. This JMU team should win this game if they come to play -- home or away. Dukes defense wins this one.

JMU 23, Colgate 7

That's basically the same score JMU beat Delaware. I think Colgate is considerably better than Delaware assuming Breneman plays.

The reason I give Colgate is a shot is 1. I believe they're fringe Top 10 good. 2. I believe JMU is fringe Top 10 good. I don't think this JMU team is near the level of the previous two editions. They really didn't play particularly well against Delaware. The Dukes are still searching for that gear that's needed to make a legit run at Frisco.

The best either team can hope for against NDSU will be a moral victory. I don't see either team possessing the required assets to go into the Fargo Dome and seriously threaten the Bison. Colgate an JMU do possess the type of defenses that will at least stand up for 60 minutes to keep things in check.

Go...gate
November 26th, 2018, 10:52 PM

Mr. Chicken, Susan Lucci, who played Erica Kane, graduated from Marymount College in Tarrytown, NY. Now part of Fordham University.

Go...gate
November 26th, 2018, 10:58 PM
Dude....soap operas? Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I answered above. Erica Kane, by virtue of merger, is a Patriot League lady!

Dukie95
November 27th, 2018, 07:16 AM
JMU fan blog site JMUSportBlog does a weekly podcast. I know JMU fans are already on board, but Colgate fans might also find it interesting.

https://twitter.com/JMUsportsblog/status/1067265556238221312 (https://twitter.com/JMUsportsblog/status/1067265556238221312)

Dukie95
November 27th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Not discounting the UNH win, but it's tough to glean anything from it because UNH lost all their Knight-less games (except for Holy Cross).

You'd think that in a year in which there are two common opponents, we'd have a better read on what to expect, but it's just not there.

Kramden
November 27th, 2018, 08:17 AM
I agree in terms of a lot of uncertainty. The only thing i saw from Colgate in the Army game was the Offensive line looks like it jelled over the course of the season and they ran the ball very well against a good Army defense. I agree you can throw the Patriot League and Cornell games out for any assessment.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2018, 08:30 AM
We saw what happened last time JMU played a team with a healthy QB.

Yeah. We won 38-17.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Not discounting the UNH win, but it's tough to glean anything from it because UNH lost all their Knight-less games (except for Holy Cross).

You'd think that in a year in which there are two common opponents, we'd have a better read on what to expect, but it's just not there.

I think the W&M game is more meaningful, as we played them in the same rough time frame of the season. Both pitched shut outs against a bad W&M offense, but the difference was JMU's offense was firing on all cylinders vs WM (37 offensively scored points), while Colgate only scored 23.

The UNH games aren't comparable due to their distance apart in the season and the massive fact that Trevor Knight wasn't in the game. Easily the difference in the football game. If they won 10-3 with a struggling back up QB for UNH, one would realistically assume UNH may not have lost if they had Knight available. There was also a controversially called back UNH TD too on a holding call. Tie game right there.

Dukie95
November 27th, 2018, 09:45 AM
I don't really know that Knight was the difference against JMU though. With all the turnovers, JMU might have lost to their backups, too. JMU played their worst game with Houston as coach.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2018, 09:47 AM
I don't really know that Knight was the difference against JMU though. With all the turnovers, JMU might have lost to their backups, too. JMU played their worst game with Houston as coach.

That's correct. I meant that NOT having Knight against Colgate was easily the difference in them losing. JMU lost to UNH because we just completely **** the bed with turnovers and costly ones too. You won't win games with two pick sixes allowed.

ElCid
November 27th, 2018, 09:50 AM
I think the W&M game is more meaningful, as we played them in the same rough time frame of the season. Both pitched shut outs against a bad W&M offense, but the difference was JMU's offense was firing on all cylinders vs WM (37 offensively scored points), while Colgate only scored 23.

I saw that as well. However, it could also be pointed out that W&M played JMU at JMU as the third straight road game for W&M, while Colgate was at W&M. Not saying that home or away gives that huge of margins, but I am certain that it was somewhat a factor. Just an observation. In any event, this is going to be a great game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 27th, 2018, 10:17 AM
I noticed that JMU has 15 redshirt players starting according to this week's 2-deep. The PL really needs to figure out how to allow at least a "few" redshirts each year.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 27th, 2018, 12:21 PM
College Sports Madness's take...

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/16816

Go...gate
November 27th, 2018, 02:13 PM
College Sports Madness's take...

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/16816

"This game looks like a total slobberknocker that could send both offenses back to the Stone Age."

CSM picks JMU by a 10-7 score.

Sounds like classic playoff football in the cold weather!

Dukie95
November 27th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Colgate leads the nation in scoring defense at an impressive 5.7 ppg. Has JMU faced a defense like that? What if an average CAA team was placed in the Patriot league this year?

It turns out that this Average CAA team did play a nearly identical league schedule as Colgate. Average CAA team only missed Georgetown. There were actually seven matchups this year between the CAA and the rest of the Patriot League. UNH, W&M, Nova, UD, UR, Stony Brook played Holy Cross, Bucknell, Lafayette, Fordham and Lehigh.

How did Average CAA team's defense compare to Colgate's over this same Patriot League field?

Average CAA team gave up 5.14 PPG to PL field
Colgate gave up 5.2 PPG

Average CAA team gave up 191.86 yard per game to PL field
Colgate gave up 183.

New Hampshire
HolyCross

W&M
Bucknell

Villanova
Bucknell

Delaware
Lafayette

Richmond
Fordham

Stony Brook
Fordham

Villanova
Lehigh

AVERAGE

Colgate
HolyCross

Colgate
Bucknell

Colgate
Lafayette

Colgate
Fordham

Colgate
Lehigh

AVERAGE

Average CAA team's mascot is the Wildcats, obviously.

TheValleyRaider
November 27th, 2018, 04:53 PM
The UNH games aren't comparable due to their distance apart in the season and the massive fact that Trevor Knight wasn't in the game. Easily the difference in the football game. If they won 10-3 with a struggling back up QB for UNH, one would realistically assume UNH may not have lost if they had Knight available. There was also a controversially called back UNH TD too on a holding call. Tie game right there.

It should be pointed out that Colgate played that game without our top WR (Ives) and preseason starting LT (Woolford), both hurt against Holy Cross. Jayvion Queen was a true freshman getting his first start at tackle that day. Knight is good, of course, but if we're going to play the injury game...

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2018, 05:40 PM
Colgate leads the nation in scoring defense at an impressive 5.7 ppg. Has JMU faced a defense like that? What if an average CAA team was placed in the Patriot league this year?

It turns out that this Average CAA team did play a nearly identical league schedule as Colgate. Average CAA team only missed Georgetown. There were actually seven matchups this year between the CAA and the rest of the Patriot League. UNH, W&M, Nova, UD, UR, Stony Brook played Holy Cross, Bucknell, Lafayette, Fordham and Lehigh.

How did Average CAA team's defense compare to Colgate's over this same Patriot League field?

Average CAA team gave up 5.14 PPG to PL field
Colgate gave up 5.2 PPG

Average CAA team gave up 191.86 yard per game to PL field
Colgate gave up 183.

New Hampshire
HolyCross

W&M
Bucknell

Villanova
Bucknell

Delaware
Lafayette

Richmond
Fordham

Stony Brook
Fordham

Villanova
Lehigh

AVERAGE

Colgate
HolyCross

Colgate
Bucknell

Colgate
Lafayette

Colgate
Fordham

Colgate
Lehigh

AVERAGE

Average CAA team's mascot is the Wildcats, obviously.

The average Villanova CAA team lost 37-0 to JMU. Just sayin’ xpeacex

KPSUL
November 27th, 2018, 05:54 PM
It should be pointed out that Colgate played that game without our top WR (Ives) and preseason starting LT (Woolford), both hurt against Holy Cross. Jayvion Queen was a true freshman getting his first start at tackle that day. Knight is good, of course, but if we're going to play the injury game...

Colgate has a very good team and won the game in Durham (actually two in row - but who's counting). But if UNH had played JMU on that day I think it would have been a 3 or 4 TD win for the Dukes. Also this comparison and analysis is fun, although maybe not real valid. We'll find out soon enough. I'm supporting JMU to win, mainly because they have the best chance of keeping NDSU out of Frisco - albeit still a long shot.

TheValleyRaider
November 27th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Colgate has a very good team and won the game in Durham (actually two in row - but who's counting). But if UNH had played JMU on that day I think it would have been a 3 or 4 TD win for the Dukes. Also this comparison and analysis is fun, although maybe not real valid. We'll find out soon enough. I'm supporting JMU to win, mainly because they have the best chance of keeping NDSU out of Frisco - albeit still a long shot.

No doubt about it being fun, and ultimately message board chatter has little impact on what happens. Still, always worth adding to the story, especially for something like injuries. Both teams have them xnodx

KPSUL
November 27th, 2018, 06:29 PM
No doubt about it being fun, and ultimately message board chatter has little impact on what happens. Still, always worth adding to the story, especially for something like injuries. Both teams have them xnodx

OK, but would you have preferred to play the UNH without the missing Tackle and WR, or without Breneman?

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2018, 06:35 PM
OK, but would you have preferred to play the UNH without the missing Tackle and WR, or without Breneman?

Ding ding ding. A missing starting QB that plummets offensive productivity in his absence is a much bigger deal than a WR and LT.

TheValleyRaider
November 27th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Ding ding ding. A missing starting QB that plummets offensive productivity in his absence is a much bigger deal than a WR and LT.

Who's arguing otherwise?

TheValleyRaider
November 27th, 2018, 06:44 PM

We played Army pretty well without Breneman

KPSUL
November 27th, 2018, 07:10 PM
We played Army pretty well without Breneman

That's a bit of a head scratcher, just adding to the complexity of predicting the JMU @ Colgate result. I'd say that Army is not built to win by a blow-out, proven by the fact that they only beat Lafayette by slightly more than Lehigh. That Army is a an over-rated 9-2 team. That in 2009 UNH beat Army by more points than Army beat Colgate in 2018. Of course that could all be of no relevance.

ElCid
November 27th, 2018, 07:19 PM
That's a bit of a head scratcher, just adding to the complexity of predicting the JMU @ Colgate result. I'd say that Army is not built to win by a blow-out, proven by the fact that they only beat Lafayette by slightly more than Lehigh. That Army is a an over-rated 9-2 team. That in 2009 UNH beat Army by more points than Army beat Colgate in 2018. Of course that could all be of no relevance.

Umm, no. Army is not as bad as you are making them out to be. And certainly a game 10 years ago has no relevance. They are pretty good "this" year. They had an eh day against Lafayette. But if you want to look at Just one game, they also lost to Oklahoma...in OT.

Gate83
November 27th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Umm, no. Army is not as bad as you are making them out to be. And certainly a game 10 years ago has no relevance. They are pretty good "this" year. They had an eh day against Lafayette. But if you want to look at Just one game, they also lost to Oklahoma...in OT.

I would have loved to see how we did vs. Army with Breneman healthy. He's grown dramatically this year (as you'd expect from a sophomore starter) & that we were able to hang around with our backup playing made me think we would have had a chance if Grant was ready. From the stands I was pleased that we competed as well as we did with the Black Knights, didn't think we were physically outclassed at all. How that translates to JMU, no idea... but I do think it helps our guys to have seen a good team recently versus what we got the rest of the year. Look forward to making some JMU friends in the parking lot during the tailgate!

Go...gate
November 27th, 2018, 07:51 PM

Definitely looks like a fun game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 27th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Definitely looks like a fun game.

Are you going to be there Go...Gate?

KPSUL
November 27th, 2018, 08:43 PM
Umm, no. Army is not as bad as you are making them out to be. And certainly a game 10 years ago has no relevance. They are pretty good "this" year. They had an eh day against Lafayette. But if you want to look at Just one game, they also lost to Oklahoma...in OT. But it was only 9, not 10 years! I'm hanging my hat on the "not built for blow-out wins" argument.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2018, 08:48 PM
Apparently me and a couple of JMU guys are making the more compelling arguments - the vote just shifted to JMU - they're up by one in this thread's poll.

ElCid
November 27th, 2018, 09:28 PM

But it was only 9, not 10 years! I'm hanging my hat on the "not built for blow-out wins" argument.

Ok, but Army beat San Jose St by 49.....and Davis them by 6. Hmm. Just to throw that out there. But I get it, everyone thinks an option team can't score big points. Many times true, but not always.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 27th, 2018, 09:35 PM
Ok, but Army beat San Jose St by 49.....and Davis them by 6. Hmm. Just to throw that out there. But I get it, everyone thinks an option team can't score big points. Many times true, but not always.

1995 Nebraska is still the most dominating college football team that I've seen at the 1-A/FBS level. 1999 Georgia Southern was also a point scoring machine.

Recently, Navy scored points in bunches with Keenan Reynolds running the show.

ElCid
November 27th, 2018, 10:25 PM
1995 Nebraska is still the most dominating college football team that I've seen at the 1-A/FBS level. 1999 Georgia Southern was also a point scoring machine.

Recently, Navy scored points in bunches with Keenan Reynolds running the show.

Not that we were a powerhouse this year (although we improved greatly later in the season), but we scored 35 on Samford...in the second half alone. It can be done.

Go...gate
November 28th, 2018, 02:15 AM
Are you going to be there Go...Gate?

Right now, not likely. Work commitments are a problem. Kinda bummed about it, though I can see it on the tube or streamed.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2018, 06:33 AM
it's hard to do because man for man JMU is much more talented but I'm leaning Colgate....JMU took a physical beating in the win over the Hens

Colgate at home coming off a nice week off....

Dukie95
November 28th, 2018, 07:16 AM
Given the way the rest of the CAA also held the patriot league in check, I don't think Colgate has some otherworldly defense that JMU hasn't seen this season.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Given the way the rest of the CAA also held the patriot league in check, I don't think Colgate has some otherworldly defense that JMU hasn't seen this season.

Maybe not, maybe so.

But you have to admit they were impressive. If you take out their opener at HC and closer at Army, in that 8 game stretch in the middle, that included 2 CAA teams, they shut out 5 teams, gave up a TOTAL of 1 TD and 2 FGs. I don't care what FCS teams they were playing, that consistency is very impressive. Heck, even if you throw in the 17 that HC scored, and the 28 that Army scored, 57 total points given up ALL SEASON, has to be near an FCS record.

I am routing for Colgate, just because I like the perceived underdog, but I think JMU wins given their edge in O over The Colgate O. Still going to be a low scoring affair most likely.

Dukie95
November 28th, 2018, 07:52 AM
Yeah, but a couple pages back here, I pointed out that UNH, W&M, Nova, UD, UR, SBU all collectively played the same Patriot schedule (minus Georgetown) and actually gave up fewer points per game than Colgate did in those contests. CAA teams also had two shutouts.

Dukie95
November 28th, 2018, 07:58 AM
Colgate was the only team in the Patriot with a net positive in PPG given up/PPG scored. Not sure how that is mathematically possible. I give them credit for having a good defense, as shown OOC, but I think we are looking at a conference that is just epically inept at scoring.

Georgetown ranks 18th in defensive scoring. Do we really think they have the 18th best defense?

CockyGeek
November 28th, 2018, 08:13 AM
Gonna go with JMU on this one. I think they are pissed off about not being seeded and will pull off the upset.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bill
November 28th, 2018, 08:44 AM
Gonna go with JMU on this one. I think they are pissed off about not being seeded and will pull off the upset.

I realize they are the visiting team...but isn't JMU the favorite according to the oddsmaking community? As in a 7.5 point favorite? I believe a Colgate win is an upset here...or at least that's my opinion.

Anthony215
November 28th, 2018, 09:27 AM
I actually think Colgate wins by 10 points at home. They're hungry and feeling like the underdog even through they were seeded. They've played who was on their schedule and came out undefeated minus the slip up at Army but played them tougher than most of their FBS opponents. That Army team actually took Oklahoma into OT before losing.

Gangtackle11
November 28th, 2018, 09:50 AM
JMU 9-6 in a battle of FGs. Return game of JMU is the difference. xpeacex

semobison
November 28th, 2018, 09:51 AM
I actually think Colgate wins by 10 points at home. They're hungry and feeling like the underdog even through they were seeded. They've played who was on their schedule and came out undefeated minus the slip up at Army but played them tougher than most of their FBS opponents. That Army team actually took Oklahoma into OT before losing.

The only time I got to see Colgate this year was against Army. I was impressed with their defense. If it wasn't for some costly first half penalties they could have had the lead or been tied at halftime.
Two good defenses in this game, who knows, this game could have more punts than points!

X-Factor
November 28th, 2018, 10:00 AM
With all the turnovers, JMU might have lost to their backups, too. JMU played their worst game with Houston as coach.

As a time saver I’ll just save this and copy paste into the NDSU/JMU post-game commentary

Herder
November 28th, 2018, 10:21 AM

It appeared that JMU didn't play pissed off last week. If that was pissed off, then I wouldn't be too concerned with not pissed off. I expected a pissed off JMU to bounce DE pretty hard which they did not.

That said, I expect a JMU win this week.

Dukie95
November 28th, 2018, 10:37 AM
As a time saver I’ll just save this and copy paste into the NDSU/JMU post-game commentary

haha...to be clear, I wan't placing blame on turnovers as if they aren't part of the game. That came up when discussing UNH with Knight and UNH without. My point was, it didn't matter who the QB was on that day.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Colgate was the only team in the Patriot with a net positive in PPG given up/PPG scored. Not sure how that is mathematically possible. I give them credit for having a good defense, as shown OOC, but I think we are looking at a conference that is just epically inept at scoring.

Georgetown ranks 18th in defensive scoring. Do we really think they have the 18th best defense?

Georgetown defense has been good under Sgarlata. It's the offense that has failed the program over the years. I wouldn't say they're the 18th best defense in FCS but they're one of the better units. Top 30'ish.

No one will argue that the PL sucked the last 2 years. But Colgate did everything they could by dominating the inferior competition thoroughly. That's not always easy to do in conference games.

The biggest thing with this "good" PL team is the experience factor. A PL team with a Top 10 ceiling almost always has a roster loaded with SR's and JR's with 2 or 3 bonus 5th year guys. Without the aid of regular redshirts that's the type of experience a PL team needs. 2018 Colgate checks this box.

BDKJMU
November 28th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Georgetown defense has been good under Sgarlata. It's the offense that has failed the program over the years. I wouldn't say they're the 18th best defense in FCS but they're one of the better units. Top 30'ish.

No one will argue that the PL sucked the last 2 years. But Colgate did everything they could by dominating the inferior competition thoroughly. That's not always easy to do in conference games.

The biggest thing with this "good" PL team is the experience factor. A PL team with a Top 10 ceiling almost always has a roster loaded with SR's and JR's with 2 or 3 bonus 5th year guys. Without the aid of regular redshirts that's the type of experience a PL team needs. 2018 Colgate checks this box.
What is the Patriot league rule on redshirts?

Reign of Terrier
November 28th, 2018, 01:41 PM
With Houston leaving....Colgate probably gets a bump in terms of chances of winning.

clenz
November 28th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Does he keep coaching, ala Bohl in 13 with NDSU

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

CappinHard
November 28th, 2018, 01:43 PM
With Houston leaving....Colgate probably gets a bump in terms of chances of winning.

*Checks spread of this game, notices it's still at Colgate +7.5, calls bank to see how much they'll loan me asap*

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2018, 02:07 PM

They only allow medical redshirts. Bucknell doesn't even allow those.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2018, 02:11 PM

UCA was a rudderless ship last year when their coach checked out. JMU hasn't been the most focused team this season as it is. This will be interesting....

Ironically, this will be the second time in a row that JMU will face Colgate in the playoffs with a lame duck coach. I don't think this is much of surprise though. The destination is but not him leaving. The program and JMU fans had to be prepared for this in some capacity.

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2018, 02:23 PM

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Redbird 4th & short
November 28th, 2018, 02:44 PM
new development ... changing my pick to Colgate by 2 .... 6-4 ... HC is worth 4 points. But still all safeties :D

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Sounds like Houston won't be with the team any longer so it will be an interim HC for this one.

Like I said, he was on barrowed time. This isn't a surprise. Maybe Hunt bolts next? xdrunkyx

Game on....

Bisonoline
November 28th, 2018, 04:09 PM

OMG really??? The Big Ten used to have that rule also but they got rid of it in 72-73???

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2018, 04:12 PM
OMG really??? The Big Ten used to have that rule also but they got rid of it in 72-73???

Indeed! Apparently Lafayette players must withdraw from school in order to get a 5th year. Someone hopefully can verify that with details.

BDKJMU
November 28th, 2018, 04:31 PM
UCA was a rudderless ship last year when their coach checked out. JMU hasn't been the most focused team this season as it is. This will be interesting....

Ironically, this will be the second time in a row that JMU will face Colgate in the playoffs with a lame duck coach. I don't think this is much of surprise though. The destination is but not him leaving. The program and JMU fans had to be prepared for this in some capacity.
Difference is Withers leaving for Tx St wasn't announced until a week or 2 after the 2015 playoffs round of 16 playoff loss to Colgate.

BDKJMU
November 28th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Why would they have such a dumb rule that harms their ability to compete when every other AQ conference allows redshirting?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Why would they have such a dumb rule that harms their ability to compete when every other AQ conference allows redshirting?

Just one of the many rules the PL lives by. Lehigh, Colgate and Fordham have historically done a pretty good job getting guys 5th year medicals. Under the present rules that's the best they can do.

The league also has a cap on roster sizes and an Academic Index.

I maintain the lack of redshirts is the biggest hurdle the league faces. That extra year is everything when you're at a level where guys aren't heading to the pros early.

Go...gate
November 28th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Sounds like Houston won't be with the team any longer so it will be an interim HC for this one.

Like I said, he was on borrowed time. This isn't a surprise. Maybe Hunt bolts next? xdrunkyx

Game on....

They told Houston to get lost for Saturday? Holy mackerel.

ElCid
November 28th, 2018, 05:08 PM
I liked him when he was our coach, but he is really loosing his shine in my eyes. I get the "advance your self" thing, but there is a balance. He may be like a bulb ready to burn out. We will see how he does.

Redbird 4th & short
November 28th, 2018, 05:13 PM
new development ... changing my pick to Colgate by 2 .... 6-4 ... HC is worth 4 points. But still all safeties :D
ok so further development ... reverting my pick back to JMU win ... this time 20-6 for the faux 10 year extension ... but still all safeties !!

xrotatehx

p.s. sorry Go Gate ... you may withdraw your positive rep, I will understand !

clenz
November 28th, 2018, 06:52 PM
Just one of the many rules the PL lives by. Lehigh, Colgate and Fordham have historically done a pretty good job getting guys 5th year medicals. Under the present rules that's the best they can do.

The league also has a cap on roster sizes and an Academic Index.

I maintain the lack of redshirts is the biggest hurdle the league faces. That extra year is everything when you're at a level where guys aren't heading to the pros early.
redshirting doesn't increase roster size. That's a myth I've busted on this topic before. The only time it might actually increase roster size is the first 2, maybe...maybe...3 years.

How would redshirting impact the academic index? That's one I hadn't heard before.

Go...gate
November 28th, 2018, 07:01 PM
ok so further development ... reverting my pick back to JMU win ... this time 20-6 for the faux 10 year extension ... but still all safeties !!

xrotatehx

p.s. sorry Go Gate ... you may withdraw your positive rep, I will understand !

No sweat. Never a dull moment in the FCS!!

WestCoastAggie
November 28th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Colgate wins in light of the Coaching news.

jmu007
November 28th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Well since nobody's told me I can't go to the game, I still plan on showing up and watching a Dukes victory.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Well since nobody's told me I can't go to the game, I still plan on showing up and watching a Dukes victory.

I still plan on attending as well! Although, the weather might play a factor. I'm not driving 2 hours to sit out in a steady cold rain for 3.5 hours to watch a game between Colgate and JMU when there's ESPN3. If it looks reasonable, spotty shower/hold off until 2nd half, I'm still going to head up.

Is there any confirmation regarding Houston's status for the game? I was hoping to start my game preview for The Wedge tonight but this gossip is too good right now.

jmu007
November 28th, 2018, 07:44 PM
I still plan on attending as well! Although, the weather might play a factor. I'm not driving 2 hours to sit out in a steady cold rain for 3.5 hours to watch a game between Colgate and JMU when there's ESPN3. If it looks reasonable, spotty shower/hold off until 2nd half, I'm still going to head up.

Is there any confirmation regarding Houston's status for the game? I was hoping to start my game preview for The Wedge tonight but this gossip is too good right now.

Nothing that can be confirmed. For what it's worth, the rumors about him not coaching are coming second and third hand from players supposedly. I know what the public statements say, so we'll see what's true.

BDKJMU
November 28th, 2018, 08:52 PM

That doesn't make any sense. I thought in order for the NCAA to grant a medical redshirt, a player had to have already used his regular redshirt.

Otherwise, if soph/junior/senior player had a season ending injury and had played less than 4? games, and had played as a true Fr & hadn't yet used his regular redshirt, he would simply be granted a regular redshirt and not a medical redshirt. Is that not correct?

Bill
November 28th, 2018, 09:13 PM
That doesn't make any sense. I thought in order for the NCAA to grant a medical redshirt, a player had to have already used his regular redshirt.

Otherwise, if soph/junior/senior player had a season ending injury and had played less than 4? games, and had played as a true Fr & hadn't yet used his regular redshirt, he would simply be granted a regular redshirt and not a medical redshirt. Is that not correct?

Welcome to our crazy world.

What you've written is correct...but in the PL, you have 4 years to play 4 seasons. It's not the NCAA who grants this medical redshirt, it's the league. We choose to hamper our own ability to compete nationally by doing this, but we do this to protect/even things out with the schools in the league who do not have grad schools.

clenz
November 28th, 2018, 09:21 PM
So the PL is calling a regular redshirt - an NCAA regulation - a medical redshirt (which it isn't) and denying kids their NCAA rule protected redshirt.

Good God the elitist bull**** from the Ivy and PL is insane.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
November 28th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Welcome to our crazy world.

What you've written is correct...but in the PL, you have 4 years to play 4 seasons. It's not the NCAA who grants this medical redshirt, it's the league. We choose to hamper our own ability to compete nationally by doing this, but we do this to protect/even things out with the schools in the league who do not have grad schools.

What do grad schools have to do with anything?

cx500d
November 28th, 2018, 09:56 PM

He assumes all people graduate in 4 years, so if you stay longer than 4 years, you need a grad program. For a liberal arts school loaded with tough touchy feely programs like womens studies, art history, LGBTQ studies, et al, I don't know how you can fill 4 years up at $60k/year with that drivel unless you have plenty of protests to take your mind off studies

LehighU11
November 28th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Bucknell, Holy Cross, and Lafayette are small liberal arts schools (~2400-3500 undergrads) without any graduate programs. Colgate falls into that category, too, but they are institutionally committed to football.

Allowing redshirts would put them at a significant disadvantage versus Lehigh, which has nearly twice as many undergrads and many graduate programs, or affiliate member Fordham (bigger yet than Lehigh). The expectation at Patriot League schools is that their students graduate in 4 years. 80-90%+ of the general student population graduates in 4 years and student-athletes are held to the same standards. This is the one excuse given by the smaller schools that are ambivalent towards football.

BDKJMU
November 28th, 2018, 10:13 PM
Bucknell, Holy Cross, and Lafayette are small liberal arts schools (~2400-3500 undergrads) without any graduate programs. Colgate falls into that category, too, but they are institutionally committed to football.

Allowing redshirts would put them at a significant disadvantage versus Lehigh, which has nearly twice as many undergrads and many graduate programs, or affiliate member Fordham (bigger yet than Lehigh). The expectation at Patriot League schools is that their students graduate in 4 years. 80-90%+ of the general student population graduates in 4 years and student-athletes are held to the same standards. This is the one excuse given by the smaller schools that are ambivalent towards football.
xeekx
Heck, I though nationally the "avg" nowadays for those who manage to graduate with a bachelors uninterrupted (excluding those who drop out, whether or not they get a 4 year degree later) was more like 4 1/2 years, and 5 for athletes. As many hours as Div I athletes put into their sports, its insane not to allow them a 9th semester..

BDKJMU
November 28th, 2018, 10:40 PM
JMU doesn't have many redshirt seniors because the prior HC Everett Withers said he didn't like to redshirt true Fr. Of JMU's 11 seniors, 6 are "true" seniors. Of the 5 rSr:
-2 transferred in (one from UVA & 1 who ran track at FL A&M).
-CAA Defensive POTY Jimmy Moreland played as a true Fr in 2014, was kicked off the team 2015, and was reinstated 2016. 2015 counted as his redshirt season.
-Starting RB Cardon Johnson (6th year Grad student) would have played as a true Fr in 2013, but was redshirted due to injury. Has had 2 more season ending injuries and was granted a medical redshirt.
-4th string QB/starting holder (went to my HS) is the only member of the 2014 recruit class left who did the normal redshirt as a true Fr.

20 Juniors on JMU's roster, 11 are rJr..
82 Fr/rFr/So/rSo

MR. CHICKEN
November 29th, 2018, 05:35 AM

.......READ FO' YER-SELF..........BRAWK!

https://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/james-madison/report-jmu-s-mike-houston-to-take-charlotte-job-houston/article_4f754743-a330-5451-8ec6-973fd30c31b8.html

ColgateTD
November 29th, 2018, 08:25 AM
Weather on Saturday now looks like ~37 degrees, PM showers. Friday night snow showers may leave a slippery track at the KerrDome. The ground game may be the only option for the QBs.

Those JMU folks coming north should bring rain gear, ponchos, warm layers and be prepared for chill. Other posters here have stated that JMU fans are used to the cold and that it is just as cold at JMU as in Hamilton. Got news for ya: Colgate is a frigid place in the winter; you are best advised to view it as the arctic tundra. Just ask UNH and Western Illinois people who came for the 2003 playoffs at the KerrDome.

Redbird 4th & short
November 29th, 2018, 08:27 AM
No sweat. Never a dull moment in the FCS!!

uh .... so I saw the 10 year extension thread, barely read it and never looked at dates .. and assumed JMU had countered and he was back at JMU ??

xconfusedx xembarrassedx

jmu007
November 29th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Appreciate the heads up on weather. For what it’s worth, it’s 30 right now where I am in Richmond, VA. It’s not just you lol.

MR. CHICKEN
November 29th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Weather on Saturday now looks like ~37 degrees, PM showers. Friday night snow showers may leave a slippery track at the KerrDome. The ground game may be the only option for the QBs.

Those JMU folks coming north should bring rain gear, ponchos, warm layers and be prepared for chill. Other posters here have stated that JMU fans are used to the cold and that it is just as cold at JMU as in Hamilton. Got news for ya: Colgate is a frigid place in the winter; you are best advised to view it as the arctic tundra. Just ask UNH and Northern Iowa U. people who came for the 2003 playoffs at the KerrDome.

......AH JES'.......PUT ON.....TWO MO' LAYERS.....READIN' DIS...........BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAWK!

Gangtackle11
November 29th, 2018, 02:44 PM

Those JMU folks coming north should bring rain gear, ponchos, warm layers and be prepared for chill. Other posters here have stated that JMU fans are used to the cold and that it is just as cold at JMU as in Hamilton. Got news for ya: Colgate is a frigid place in the winter; you are best advised to view it as the arctic tundra. Just ask UNH and Northern Iowa U. people who came for the 2003 playoffs at the KerrDome.

Hamilton, NY isn’t the end of the earth, but u can see it with a good pair of binoculars.xpeacex

CappinHard
November 29th, 2018, 02:45 PM
uh .... so I saw the 10 year extension thread, barely read it and never looked at dates .. and assumed JMU had countered and he was back at JMU ??

xconfusedx xembarrassedx

I was wondering what you were talking about... I had already placed a sizable bet on Colgate after the news, then you said there was another development.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Hamilton, NY isn’t the end of the earth, but u can see it with a good pair of binoculars.xpeacex

When it comes to harshest FCS climates east of the Mississippi Hamilton makes a strong case for #1. Hanover, NH and Ithaca, NY would be the other locals that are worthy of consideration. Orono's and Durham's temps are moderated a bit by their proximity to the ocean.

I love CNY! I've made quite a few white knuckle trips to and from Syracuse in the winter.

Go...gate
November 29th, 2018, 03:52 PM

Those JMU folks coming north should bring rain gear, ponchos, warm layers and be prepared for chill. Other posters here have stated that JMU fans are used to the cold and that it is just as cold at JMU as in Hamilton. Got news for ya: Colgate is a frigid place in the winter; you are best advised to view
it as the arctic tundra. Just ask UMass and Western Illinois people who came for the 2003 playoffs at the KerrDome.

FIFY.

The rest of the post is dead on perfect. Wear a heavy coat, warm socks and shoes, gloves and a hat. Tell the spouse to leave the high heels at home and wear sensible shoes or boots with her own warm-weather gear. If she has a fur coat, she should wear it - no one will give her any grief.

A flask or pint of Southern Comfort or good brandy will also help.

Redbird 4th & short
November 29th, 2018, 04:08 PM
I was wondering what you were talking about... I had already placed a sizable bet on Colgate after the news, then you said there was another development.
there was a big development ... 11 months ago !!! But it changed 10 months and 29 days later. I'm like a candle in the wind ... at least I held strong on my "all safeties" prediction !!!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2018, 04:16 PM
Really hoping the rain holds off until after the game or at worst the 4th quarter. Mid 30s with rain up there will be a recipe for a sick day or two without the right gear.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the weather through the day tomorrow. Thankfully I can wait to until 9 or so Saturday morning to decide.

AmsterBison
November 29th, 2018, 06:02 PM
A story about the Colgate (mostly the defense):

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/sports/2018/11/29/raiders-defense-leads-nation-heading-into-playoffs-#

Noticed they have G.A.T.A. on the front of their practice jerseys. *sniff* I miss Georgia Southern.

cx500d
November 29th, 2018, 06:07 PM
FIFY

A flask or pint of Southern Comfort or good brandy will also help.

Oh that reminds me of the old Dacotah Field days, except I think peppermint or cinnamon schnapps or sno-shoe grog were more common for cold days

cx500d
November 29th, 2018, 06:09 PM
A story about the Colgate (mostly the defense):

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/sports/2018/11/29/raiders-defense-leads-nation-heading-into-playoffs-#

Noticed they have G.A.T.A. on the front of their practice jerseys. *sniff* I miss Georgia Southern.
Oh, Dan hunt receives a contract extension....bet he’s gone by Christmas 2019

BDKJMU
November 29th, 2018, 06:11 PM

I've fished on the (north of Syracuse) Salmon River in Dec, January & Feb in negative temps. On Sat if its going to be 30s with a windchill around freezing, that's downright balmy..even with a little rain, no big deal as long as you gear up.

Tried to make it a Sat game/Sunday fishing with my brother & nephew, but unfortunately not going to happen..

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Couple things I'm noticing while doing my research for this game

1. DeNucci can run. He might not have Schor's intangibles but he can play. He'll be the best QB Colgate has faced
2. The Dukes defense is really good. Moreland, Carter, Holloway and Daka can create problems. This will easily be the best secondary Colgate has played. Ives, Rockett and Buscaglia must be able to get open. Colgate will need to make some key plays in the passing game. Whoever Moreland will be covering is likely MIA for 60 minutes.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2018, 08:27 PM
I've fished on the (north of Syracuse) Salmon River in Dec, January & Feb in negative temps. On Sat if its going to be 30s with a windchill around freezing, that's downright balmy..even with a little rain, no big deal as long as you gear up.

Tried to make it a Sat game/Sunday fishing with my brother & nephew, but unfortunately not going to happen..

Then I have one question...
https://i.imgur.com/QzvoGoY.gif

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2018, 06:20 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29627&stc=1
Really hoping the rain holds off until after the game or at worst the 4th quarter. Mid 30s with rain up there will be a recipe for a sick day or two without the right gear.

I'll be keeping a close eye on the weather through the day tomorrow. Thankfully I can wait to until 9 or so Saturday morning to decide.

been thinking I should take in the game at the Caribe Hilton, but it's just so hard to keep eyes on the game......

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29627&stc=1

been thinking I should take in the game at the Caribe Hilton, but it's just so hard to keep eyes on the game......

stevdock
November 30th, 2018, 06:55 AM
Couple things I'm noticing while doing my research for this game

1. DeNucci can run. He might not have Schor's intangibles but he can play. He'll be the best QB Colgate has faced
2. The Dukes defense is really good. Moreland, Carter, Holloway and Daka can create problems. This will easily be the best secondary Colgate has played. Ives, Rockett and Buscaglia must be able to get open. Colgate will need to make some key plays in the passing game. Whoever Moreland will be covering is likely MIA for 60 minutes.

Obviously this has no bearing on the game but this guy has been insane for too long. How is he being talked about by the pros?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 30th, 2018, 08:05 AM
The Wedge's Preview

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/patriot-league-playoff-preview-james-madison-at-8-colgate/

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 30th, 2018, 12:03 PM
The Wedge's Preview

http://thefcswedge.com/a-look-at-what-is-happening-around-the-country/patriot-league-playoff-preview-james-madison-at-8-colgate/
I'm anxious to see if this game turns out to be a low score affair. Granted, Colgate was dominate in a league that did not produce anyone else with a winning record. I believe the article stated their points against was something like 5.7 per game. JMU's offense is somewhat suspect at times.....can't wait for it.

Go Dukes

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 30th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Rain looks like it will hold off until late in the day so I'm committed to going. The only question now is what do I wear? Colgate/Seven Oaks 1/4 zip, Lehigh football hoodie or a Temple football hoodie? Decisions, Decisions....

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Rain looks like it will hold off until late in the day so I'm committed to going. The only question now is what do I wear? Colgate/Seven Oaks 1/4 zip, Lehigh football hoodie or a Temple football hoodie? Decisions, Decisions....

Colgate.

Don't be that douche who wears FBS gear to an FCS game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 30th, 2018, 11:38 PM
Colgate.

Don't be that douche who wears FBS gear to an FCS game.

Well, it is my alma mater...but point taken.

I think there's going to be a decent JMU turnout. Should be a lively atmosphere despite the smallish crowd.

Bisonwinagn
November 30th, 2018, 11:48 PM
Awesome who is going to break the 60 vote tie and decide this game?

Go...gate
December 1st, 2018, 02:04 AM
Wear your Colgate gear and please root loudly on my behalf!

Safe travels to Hamilton!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that is how it should stand. Time to let the players make the decision.

Go Red Raiders!

Go...gate
December 1st, 2018, 02:10 AM
May it be a clean game with no major injuries.

grizband
December 1st, 2018, 04:24 AM
I had that honor - voted for Colgate, but I expect a good game.

TheValleyRaider
December 1st, 2018, 06:00 AM
Wake up. It's Game Day

https://twitter.com/ColgateFB/status/1068576798097768448

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2018, 06:01 AM
JMU: 21-13

jmu007
December 1st, 2018, 06:34 AM
Our caravan is heading out from Binghamton shortly to organize and get lined up for the tailgate lot. Go Dukes!!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 1st, 2018, 08:13 AM
I'm about to head up to Hamilton! Looking forward to a great game!

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2018, 09:18 AM
Good luck Raiders. How much snow up there? Damn I recall my first and only time watching game at Andy Kerr on Nov 8, 2014, it had snowed in a small pocket around Hamilton night before, like 4 inches of wet snow. Damn had to clear that off aluminum seats and it was cold only like 40 degrees that game day and overcast and I didnt bring anything to sit on! Lucky I didnt get pneumonia! Anyway Pards came back from 16-0 down at half to win on last second FG by frosh, 19-16, the game before #150 vs Lehigh (we had a bye week the next week)..Go get them!

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2018, 10:12 AM
Wake up. It's Game Day

https://twitter.com/ColgateFB/status/1068576798097768448

insane! could played it down here on the Playa bowl..... I'll spare you the pic of green swaying palms, turquoise caribbean seas and cool tropical breeze.... haha

KPSUL
December 1st, 2018, 10:22 AM
Be thankful the game is being played @ Colgate; it is 5 degrees warmer in Shenandoah valley but raining.

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2018, 10:24 AM
Be thankful the game is being played @ Colgate; it is 5 degrees warmer in Shenandoah valley but raining.
Wow! Good point!

Gangtackle11
December 1st, 2018, 10:27 AM
Football weather at the North Pole.....GL to both teams....Looking forward to this one.

Revising my prediction from 9-6 to 13-6 JMU. Coach Houston worth a TD & XP vs. a 3rd FG.

xpeacex

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 10:32 AM
I’m a big Raider fan today!

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2018, 10:33 AM
What happened with him going to UNC-Charlotte? How is that announced and then rescinded???

Gangtackle11
December 1st, 2018, 10:36 AM
What happened with him going to UNC-Charlotte? How is that announced and then rescinded???

Art of the deal. Leak the Charlotte offer to suck in ECU or APP St. Mission accomplished with ECU. xpeacex

Pards Rule
December 1st, 2018, 11:23 AM
Art of the deal. Leak the Charlotte offer to suck in ECU or APP St. Mission accomplished with ECU. xpeacex
Wow..If I was UNCC AD I would be furious!

the last indian
December 1st, 2018, 11:27 AM
Wow..If I was UNCC AD I would be furious!

Kind of slimy, IMO

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 12:06 PM
JMU in Colgate territory already.

PAllen
December 1st, 2018, 12:10 PM
That was quick.

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 12:10 PM
Ww already 7-0. This is Lehigh anymore Raiders...need to play a clean game defensively to beat the Dukes.

BDKJMU
December 1st, 2018, 12:11 PM
How many points has Colgate given up 1st qtr?JMU went through their defense like it wasn‘t even there.

Schism55
December 1st, 2018, 12:11 PM
Colgate D Line is getting blown apart. This could get ugly...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 1st, 2018, 12:12 PM
wow! hot knife through butter....

MR. CHICKEN
December 1st, 2018, 12:13 PM
.........’GATE’S...........LITTLE RUSTY........AWK!

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 12:21 PM
There’s that C’gate defense we all know. Raiders interception ends the Dukes drive.

JSUSoutherner
December 1st, 2018, 12:21 PM
What a pick.

Bison56
December 1st, 2018, 12:22 PM
Nice run for a big gain, do a stupid pose, throw a pick.

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 12:26 PM
Raiders have a noce drive going, into the JMU red zone. Time consuming drive by Colgate.

Third down and three coming up!

katss07
December 1st, 2018, 12:28 PM
Colgate hits the Field Goal. 7-3 Dukes on top. Good drive by Colgate and they cash in on the turnover.

Vitojr130
December 1st, 2018, 12:33 PM
Colgate is starting to fire up! They look pretty good!

Also, long time, no see AGS. How ya'll doing?

TribeNomad1
December 1st, 2018, 12:37 PM
I have seen both teams this year in person. Colgate has a very stout run defense, but JMU has too many athletes. IMO that will be the difference in the end.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 1st, 2018, 12:39 PM
Not having Rohr is hurting Colgate's interior run D. JMU WR's winning the battles. Gate can't give up a TD here.

cx500d
December 1st, 2018, 12:44 PM
Colgate is going to have a long day if they can't get some offense going