PDA

View Full Version : NFC Player Telling Pals He May Come Out

UNHWildCats
April 4th, 2007, 06:22 PM
No Name, and no hard evidence, it appeared in a NY paper monday.

http://michigan-state-football.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/02/some-nfl-player-may-amaechi-themselves/

patssle
April 4th, 2007, 08:21 PM
and this is important/news worthy because?

UNHWildCats
April 4th, 2007, 08:25 PM
and this is important/news worthy because?

because no athlete has come out while still playing.

appfan2008
April 4th, 2007, 08:33 PM
I dont really care about this... I dont like gay people in general but if they leave me alone then I will leave them alone... but this is not news

patssle
April 4th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Because its different to be playing vs. a gay player rather than a straight one?

UNHWildCats
April 4th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Because its different to be playing vs. a gay player rather than a straight one?

your not gay, you wouldnt understand the significance.

Tod
April 4th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I dont really care about this... I dont like gay people in general but if they leave me alone then I will leave them alone... but this is not news

Not news? That could be said of about 99% of what goes on at AGS. xnonox xnonox

Tod
April 4th, 2007, 08:48 PM

I'm not gay, but I understand the significance. I hope whoever he is comes out. It'll be interesting to see if there are any ramifications.

UNHWildCats
April 4th, 2007, 08:51 PM
I'm not gay, but I understand the significance. I hope whoever he is comes out. It'll be interesting to see if there are any ramifications.

Yes your not gay, but your not closed minded like some people :)

appfan2008
April 4th, 2007, 09:05 PM
and are you or something?

appfan2008
April 4th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Not news? That could be said of about 99% of what goes on at AGS. xnonox xnonox
maybe all of it... but that is what we love about this site

catamount man
April 4th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Does he play Center? HA!xlolx

UNHWildCats
April 4th, 2007, 09:09 PM
and are you or something?

yuppers, one of two who are very frequent posters here on AGS

Tod
April 4th, 2007, 09:24 PM
yuppers, one of two who are very frequent posters here on AGS

There may be more (and I'm not talking about Markfish). :D

dbackjon
April 4th, 2007, 09:26 PM

That is a really sad attitude to judge all people of a certain type with a broad brush.

You may think it is not news, so don't comment on it. But Travis and I do think it is news - it will be a big deal, and very importance for acceptance of gays in this country.

Mountaineer
April 4th, 2007, 09:29 PM
That is a really sad attitude to judge all people of a certain type with a broad brush.

You may think it is not news, so don't comment on it. But Travis and I do think it is news - it will be a big deal, and very importance for acceptance of gays in this country.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Ah, sometimes I wish the folks in the South weren't so ass-backwards on things. xrolleyesx :D

UNHWildCats
April 4th, 2007, 09:42 PM
There may be more (and I'm not talking about Markfish). :D

Is that your coming out post? :p

Fresno St. Alum
April 5th, 2007, 01:26 AM
This is how we know it will be news, It will probably be the top story on sportscenter or second story on sportscenter on the day he comes out.

App2008, you think that someone like UNH or dback are gonna just come out and touch you in a bad place? get over yourself.

Hey, UNH & dback, what do think about what Billy Packer said, he told that talk show host he'd "fag out"

Fresno St. Alum
April 5th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Who do you guys think it is? I always thought it would be Jeff Garcia, he got married though, could be a cover?

Tod
April 5th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Is that your coming out post? :p

Four kids, four (almost) grandkids. Call me...curious? xlolx xlolx xlolx

Cobblestone
April 5th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Well, it certainly won't be Tom Brady. OOPS! wrong conference anyway.

Actually as long as the guy is a good player and scores TD's or makes tackles or blocks well enough to protect his QB or picks off passes or nails WR's... who cares what he is.

NE MT GRIZZ
April 5th, 2007, 08:05 AM

I hate to say it, but I'm sure he'll receive cheap shots and slurs during the games.

HiHiYikas
April 5th, 2007, 08:15 AM
I don't think we're far enough along to affirm a gay NFL player. People are going to hate him. His team is going to take a merchandising hit because your typical hardcore NFL fan won't want to be associated with anything homosexual.

That's just how it is, unfortunately. But hardships faced by the first player to come out will lighten the load for the second...and third...and so on.

AZGrizFan
April 5th, 2007, 08:30 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Nice to see you've progressed so much. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx What, did some gay guy try to convert you? You gettin' hit on at the bars too often? Called a metrosexual? What gives?

I don't like App fans in general, but it doesn't stop the news from writing stuff about ASU. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

bison95
April 5th, 2007, 08:56 AM
This is news, and a big step forward in moving this country forward. I hope it is an Icon type player that is loved and followed by all fans!

Appy2008, your attitude is so common, but so much a huge part of what is wrong with our country!

mistersykes
April 5th, 2007, 09:01 AM
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I don't like App fans in general, but it doesn't stop the news from writing stuff about ASU. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Hey now, I know that you might have been joking, but don't think that all of us are intensely closed-minded hillbillies (and no, that wasn't a stab at anyone in this thread either, so don't worry).

The university, for instance, while not very racially diverse, has the most diverse group of caucasian people I've ever seen.;) :p

Ivytalk
April 5th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Not too many pro athletes in any sport have come out of the closet while still playing. I don't think the issue is unique to football. If it happens in the NFL, I hope the player is treated well by both fans and other players. But I'm not optimistic. Look at the reception Mike Piazza got a few years ago when rumors of his sexual preference (still unconfirmed as far as I know) hit the press.

citdog
April 5th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Hey now, I know that you might have been joking, but don't think that all of us are intensely closed-minded hillbillies (and no, that wasn't a stab at anyone in this thread either, so don't worry).

The university, for instance, while not very racially diverse, has the most diverse group of caucasian people I've ever seen.;) :p

White Trustafarians do not make App diverse. Just pitiful!

Mountaineer
April 5th, 2007, 10:24 AM

Interesting - I'm beginning to feel the same. :D xlolx About 95% of the current/new App fans here make me want to put a bag on my head when reading the boards. :( xbangx

Peems
April 5th, 2007, 11:02 AM
I wonder if it's Randall Gay? :D

*I know wrong conference

jstate83
April 5th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I comming out to my boy's as a confirmed lifelong heterosexual.xnodx
Wonder if I'm newsworthy. :D

Peems
April 5th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I comming out to my boy's as a confirmed lifelong heterosexual.xnodx
Wonder if I'm newsworthy. :D